Thread: Fight Song [One-Shot]

Living Dead Girl

Fight Song [One-Shot]

I owe someone a fic idea and I don't remember who or why, but I'm doing it now.

---

Rin Tohsaka hated losing.

She rarely hated anything, thought hate was beneath her elegant persona. Instead, she settled on merely having an intense dislike for things. She intensly disliked the London weather: wet, dreary, grey and unendingly blah. She disliked her roommate; a blond balloon breasted bimbo bitch who flaunted her unearned money like some scumbag Yakuza member. She disliked most of her courses at the Clock Tower; the whole place felt like a daycare for sociopathic rich kids. The one course she enjoyed, she had a deep dislike of the teacher: a racist jerk with girly hair who stunk of cigars and ressentiment. The fact he survived a Grail War didn't make him special; even Shirou survived a Grail War, and he was an idiot.

It was that damn El-Melloi's fault she was in this situation anyway, losing over and over with no comprehension or reprieve. These tools were unfamiliar, these visions were maddening, these actions were increasingly futile. And to make matters worse...

"Ha! In your face, Tohsaka! I am an unstoppable loli killing machine!"

...She was getting embarrassed by the damn Einzbern kid. Who was now jumping onto the kotatsu, arms outstretched to curry the favor of the crowd. A crowd comprised of Saber, Rider and Sakura. She didn't care as much about looking bad in front of the Servants, but Sakura was her little sister, dammit; she had to look cool in front of her! Rin was just glad Shirou was in the kitchen doing Shirou things. She didn't think she could live with the shame of him seeing her like this.

She stared at the damnable...controller, Shirou called it? Funny name, since it didn't seem to control her character at all like she wanted. Even after Shirou taught her what the buttons and joysticks (that brought no joy) did, the stupid thing still didn't work right.

She threw the controller down in a huff and pointed an accusatory finger at Illya. "You're obviously cheating with your wicked demon loli powers!"

Illya just smirked at her. "No Johns, Tohsaka."

"Who is John? What does he have to do with this dumb fighting game?"

"Nee-san, I think she means don't make excuses," Sakura says, sipping tea.

"Accepting victory or defeat with honor is an integral part of combat," Saber says knowingly to deaf ears.

"I'm not making excuses! She's unconsciously using Einzbern Wishcraft or something, because nothing I do works!" Rin stamped her feet, clearly upset. She felt her face get red, which only incensed her further.

"That's because you're free, Tohsaka," Illya says with a mocking lilt, "F-R-E-E."

"Are you calling me a prostitute, you defective little brat?"

Illya's eye twitched; her Command Spell - cum Crest flared an angry red for a moment. "Call me defective again and I'll show you what Einzbern Wishcraft looks like."

Saber had summoned her armor, Sakura's Mystic Code crept up her arm like an infection. They were ready to step in, given the very likely chance this came to blows. Rider was drinking Irish Tea, so she didn't really care what happened. A tense, breathless moment passed, until Shirou came out with fresh made onigiri.

"Ah, Illya, Tohsaka; are you enjoying Melty Blood?"

They both train their eyes on him; tension deflating with his easy smile and their growling bellies.

Illya, predictably, turned into a brother-seeking missile at the sight of her onii-otouto. She latches onto his neck like a lamprey, beaming so hard she actually gives off light. "Onii-chaaaaaan! I beat the Tohsaka girl 21 times in a row! I deserve a prize!"

Shirou pats Illya on the head. "Good job! You have been helping her learn the game, right?"

It took one look at Rin's furious, embarrassed face to put the lie to that idea. He instinctively swings Illya to his back so his arms would be free and he could put himself between the two of them.

"Er, beating her mercilessly until she cries or stops being a scrub is helping, right?" Illya says without a hint of guile or empathy.

"Illya..."

"Don't use the Dad Voice on me, Shirou." Illya pouts, "I'm the eldest sibling."

Shirou smiles smartly. "So you shouldn't call me onii-chan, then."

"Geez, Shirou! That's unfair, unfair, super unfair!" Illya kicks on Shirou's back.

"The only thing unfair here is Illya," Rin grumbles.

"You mad?" Illya sticks her tongue out at Rin from over Shirou's shoulder. Shirou shifts in case Rin decides to take a swing.

"Stop it, Illya," says Shirou, "or you lose your onii-chan privileges and you get one fewer onigiri."

"You wouldn't dare," Illya hisses, shocked at this sudden betrayal.

"I would and I will, if you don't stop teasing Tohsaka."

Illya disembarks from Shirou's back to sit on the floor, arms and legs crossed and cheeks puffed in righteous indignation. Rin soon follows, sitting across the kotatsu from Illya. Sighing, Shirou lays out the onigiri and takes a seat next to Rin.

"That bad, huh?" He asks. Rin nods, lips pursed into a thin line.

He rubs her shoulders. "We can have some special sessions later, okay?" There's a chill in the air; Shirou sees red marks on Sakura's face and a long shadow behind her. "Not like that! I'm just going to teach her basic combos and footsies!"

"I'm sure you'd love to play footsies with Nee-san, Senpai..."

Rider takes this time to look up from her book and her booze to give Sakura a knowing glance.

The air grows warm, the red marks go dim and Sakura's shadow recedes. "S...Sorry Senpai, I lost myself for a little bit." A new redness blooms on her cheeks.

Illya pouts while eating her onigiri, which is both impressive and cute. "How come Tohsaka gets to spend alone time with Onii-chan?"

"Because Shirou isn't into little girls," Rin says, looking to hit below the belt.

"I'm older than you as a Magus and as a woman, Tohsaka."

"Not like you act it," Rin snipes.

"Tohsaka..." Shirou uses the same stern voice on Rin he did Illya.

"She started it," Rin sulks, biting into her onigiri.

"Look, how about we play a nice party game after this? Like Mario Kart or something?"

Rider perks up. "Is that a racing game?" Shirou nods. "I wouldn't mind playing that, then."

"I'll play anything Onii-chan wants to, especially if it's bedroom play!" Illya hugs Shirou's arm for emphasis, drawing the judgemental stares of the other girls and a nervous chuckle from Shirou.

"Word choice, Illya..."

"What do you mean, word choice? I want you to pound my loli pus-"

Shirou bolts from the table, bowling Illya over. "HA HA OKAY LET ME GO GET MY GAMECUBE WITH MARIO KART."

With Shirou gone, the eyes of judgement fall on Illya.

Rin is the first to speak. "You are a disgusting little thing, you know that?"

"Hey, everybody else here got a turn," Illya frowns, brushing hair from her face. "And he certainly didn't mind me tying him up and straddling him." The frown turns into a lascivious Cheshire Cat grin.

The table is stunned into silence again, any comeback dying in acrimonious disgust. Once again, they are saved by Shirou, GameCube and controllers in hand.

"Ha! I am the greatest of all time! Bow down and pay homAAAAAAAAH!"

The GameCube explodes in a stream of curses as Rin does the same. Normally a Gandr shot didn't require the user to curse with it, but this was a special occasion.

Rin Tohsaka really hated losing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    and here we come across a curious instance of a prosaic carmen figuratum expressed on multiple semantic strata wherein the increase both of literary temperature as noted by the laterally expanding index and the cognitive fervour rendered in monolithic paragraphs crystallises a sense of spiralling delirium which textually imaged akin to sound waves on a vertical axis could be visually rendered as a sequence of high-energy sustained primal screams emanating thusly the following sentiment: "fuuuuck ooooooff graaand oooordeeer reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That's hilarious. I love Rin's reactions to everything, Illya using gaming terminology like a pro and how Shirou is caught in the middle of it all.

As a fighting game fan myself, I got most of the terminology references but what does 'FREE' mean in that context? Presuming it wasn't in fact meant as a jab at Rin's sexual morals...

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I find this extremely amusing.

And Illya's dead on, the only way to git gud at fightan games is to have the shit beaten out of you until you become strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

https://youtu.be/W3KYx1WDqBw Raylen Cypher's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Ask in PM.
    Blog Entries
    I owe someone a fic idea and I don't remember who or why, but I'm doing it now.
    It was here: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...=1#post2386097

I was about to call foul on the choice of tech, but I forgot that Mario Kart and the GameCube was released in 2001. Anyways, I liked this, a smirk and a chuckle here and there.

EDIT: 2001 for the GameCube, as for Mario Kart it was 1992 on an older console. I don't remember when it was ported over.
    Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes
    A world where tragedy is the only measure by which a narrative holds value is not one I am going to live in even where the circumstances in a particular work are tragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    If an adult themed work can have graphic slaughter and the like, it can have sex. Just do it competently if you want to go explicit.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    How dare you she's a married woman
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    No but why ask him to pull out right before the end tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    God is dead and I'm gonna kiss all his cute girl saints
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    MAMA BURST
    A Writer's Fate
    F/GO JP (Updated: 4/11/2019)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Like a small boat.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Living Dead Girl
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    That's hilarious. I love Rin's reactions to everything, Illya using gaming terminology like a pro and how Shirou is caught in the middle of it all.

As a fighting game fan myself, I got most of the terminology references but what does 'FREE' mean in that context? Presuming it wasn't in fact meant as a jab at Rin's sexual morals...
    Free here means easy to beat, no real challenge or generally weak. Used as an adjective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    and here we come across a curious instance of a prosaic carmen figuratum expressed on multiple semantic strata wherein the increase both of literary temperature as noted by the laterally expanding index and the cognitive fervour rendered in monolithic paragraphs crystallises a sense of spiralling delirium which textually imaged akin to sound waves on a vertical axis could be visually rendered as a sequence of high-energy sustained primal screams emanating thusly the following sentiment: "fuuuuck ooooooff graaand oooordeeer reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

That was great.

I did notice a bit of switching between past and present tense.
    O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin.

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    I have no idea what I just read or why I liked it, but can we have seconds?
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Short, silly, to the point, and the concept is built on Type-MOON meta and references. Bite-sized fun, and thanks for it.
    Last edited by ItsaRandomUsername; July 3rd, 2016 at 05:18 PM.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.