Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What parts of your childhood or youth are you nostalgic about?

Mahou Shoujo Fushigi Tantei Obvious Sunara's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan The Mouse View Post
    That's still telling them that magic does exist. We all know the truth: It does not. But to give 'em realistic hopes and expectations isn't bad, right?

After all, if you don't want "TV garbage" to get into their heads, why not just cut the chase and tell them that, no matter how successful you are in life, you'll die anyway and your legacy only last as long as it is needed or wanted? I mean, "cold, hard truths", right?
    Nah. The small magics do; the bigger "Harry Potter wannabe" ones don't. For various reasons...

I don't want to crush their souls early. I just don't want them thinking the world is like those TV shows that Disney, Nick, and Hallmark show... You know the ones; the ones with real people who's lives are always a party in school/life. Where everyone is friends and the conflicts are relatively minor. The ones seeping with sap.

#OwO#

"To a man with a sense of shame, his word is inviolate." Ivan The Mouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunara View Post
    Nah. The small magics do; the bigger "Harry Potter wannabe" ones don't. For various reasons...

I don't want to crush their souls early. I just don't want them thinking the world is like those TV shows that Disney, Nick, and Hallmark show... You know the ones; the ones with real people who's lives are always a party in school/life. Where everyone is friends and the conflicts are relatively minor. The ones seeping with sap.
    I know, but sometimes a person can be in a bad disposition in life, whether s/he likes it or not, so much that they'll start to think that by constantly being in this situation is the "enlightened truth" that anyone needs to learn, that life is naturally cruel and anyone who does not believe in the same way is "delusional" or "naive".

I'm not supposed to tell this anymore especially in a forum like this, but fuck it, I'll say it anyway.

Anyone who thinks pessimistically like this is as annoying as those people who think that life is just good. Replacing beer, peaches and cream with bile vinegar, poison yams and peat mud isn't the start of good health.

If you think I have not seen much by making these statements, I can tell you just my medical history alone to disprove that. It's a long and costly story and all of us in the family and clan did lose hope many times for me, and it does still medically haunt me up until today, but it seems as if it's all going to be long before I do finally have good rest. If this is as bad as these edgelords say it is, this post wouldn't be here.

Nope, this isn't too bad at all.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors black1blade's Avatar
    I would definitely tell children that magic doesn't exist lol.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Magic is real actually

Blog Entries
    Nah

Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    blasphemous editing magic
    magic all the same