Page 78 of 228 FirstFirst ... 28687376777879808388128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 4547

Thread: Granblue Fantasy

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Just saying, I agree with FlameStrike. U&F was fun like crazy. Unfortunately, I couldn't get accepted into a Crew so I started my own. It actually worked out okay, which is pretty shocking in my experience of making guilds. It's got about 8 people, but only 4 of them are really active participants. I'll probably leave it to my first mate if someone here offers to scout me. But I'm definitely not strong enough for that yet. Need to grind more Titan and Dragon Lady.

Damn, I really want to grind Leviathan, but my Earth party sucks like a vacuum cleaner.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    This is probably more appropriate for the Samurai Shodown thread (if any) than the GBF thread, but because of the crossover, I'll post it here. Anyway, after looking at the SNK wikia, I have concluded that I was wrong about Samurai Shodown's Amakusa. He is not a one-dimensional villain, at least not in later games. Apparently, he was corrupted in the same way as Cygames' Jeanne (ironically, both TM Jeanne and possibly TM Amakusa are immune to corruption due to being saints and/or Rulers, but I digress). Uncorrupted Amakusa aligns more closely with his historical portrayal. However, I just realized something. Even as a villain, wasn't Amakusa just following the example of Biblical heroes? He rose from the dead (Jesus) and plagued a country that was oppressing his people (Moses).

Holycrap everypart of this is so accurate I can't help but laugh my arse off. From Cagliostro's bento of self love to Zeta and Clarisse's jokes on accidently fighting Tiamat Omega in their Swimsuit/Santa outfits http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sh...blu_jogakuen#5

Draconis, page 12 is how people see you XP
    Poor Bea!
    Last edited by FlameStrike; February 21st, 2017 at 10:11 PM.
    Go check out some awesome fan fiction!
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/forumdisplay.php/5-Fanfics
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph.../FateStayNight
    Because the remaining ten percent is worth dieing for.

Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier, Magi locked in a deadly battle royal. Sounds familiar right? Familiar and AWESOME.
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...eo-Walkthrough

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm glad Zeta speaks for me

Oh man, the relationship between Luna and Mordecai is a tiny little bit like Illya and Berserker. Although in some ways it's totally the opposite.

This is the first time I've been really annoyed at the eng translation team's "localization" choices though. Changing "friends" into "adventure" totally misses the whole point of Luna's character.

Shadowverse Spoilers: One of the more interesting aspects of Luna's character is how her special ability effects her perception on friendship and morality.

Essentially, when she kills someone they become a spirit that follows her around and she can control them. This combined with what happened with Luna's parents caused her to developed an extremely screwed up view on death/friends.

You see, Luna's parents were actually terrible parents. They were abusive/neglectful and Luna more or less had a miserable childhood. That is, until her parents died. Then in Luna's eyes they became skeletal spirits that were always there for her, acted super nice, protected her instead of abused her, and always did what she wanted. This happened for anyone she killed so she naturally came to view "killing" as befriending and felt that only dead people were her friends.

Hence in the story she's always asking people if they want to become her friend, and then tries to kill people who she especially likes/people who are nice to her. It's also why everyone is so surprised when Luna suddenly goes "Please die!" You wouldn't normally think a cute little girl asking you to become her friend would then go on to try and kill you. Especially not if she's being totally 100% sincere about wanting to be friends. It also hints as to Luna's loneliness as she always wants more friends. She can subtly tell something isn't quiet right with the friends she has, or rather no matter how many friends she makes her loneliness remains. (Somewhat bigger spoiler: Her power is not all it seems)

The official English translation changes the question from "Will you become my friend?" and "Please be my friend" into "Lets go on an adventure" and "Come on my adventure!". While this kind of conveys the idea of her thinking something harmless to the other party actually isn't, it doesn't convey the nuances of Luna's power and character.

First of all, in the English translation she frames her desire to kill people who she invites onto her adventure as them playing the bad guy/monsters. This misses the whole important aspect of Luna's power, and also potentially portrays her not as a lonely girl but as a psychopathic killer. It gives no hint that she doesn't understand why killing is bad.

Like in one of the scenes in the collab, Luna is excitedly trying to kill enemy soldiers. In the English version she's inviting them on her adventure. It could be interpreted that her excitement is in the act of playing/killing. In the JP version she's trying to make them her friends. The idea that she doesn't believe killing them actually harms the soldiers is more clearly conveyed.

So what do you guys think? Does the localization work, or did it change your views on Luna's character?
    Last edited by FlameStrike; February 22nd, 2017 at 07:27 AM.

Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier, Magi locked in a deadly battle royal. Sounds familiar right? Familiar and AWESOME.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I get your point, but unlike Shadowverse that DLs files onto your local machine, GBF doesn't, which makes it harder to mod stuff. In other words, I agree with you on an intellectual level, but it's kinda hard to put it into practice, unless you can influence Cygames somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by LoliVampLover View Post
    I get your point, but unlike Shadowverse that DLs files onto your local machine, GBF doesn't, which makes it harder to mod stuff. In other words, I agree with you on an intellectual level, but it's kinda hard to put it into practice, unless you can influence Cygames somehow.
    Okay but that has like nothing to do with what Flame said.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I just saw the opening cutscene, and yes, it does bother me when the subtitles don't match up with the limited Japanese that I know. Also, Losaria? Isn't it supposed to be Rosaria? Then again, L/R confusion is a different Hell.

To be honest, I was less interested in potential corrections/modding and more curious about what people thought about the translation. Mainly I was wondering if the localized version changed the way anyone saw Luna. I know at least one person in the GBF community that liked Luna's character more when he learned what she was really about.

Blog Entries
    I only turn on the English translation when I get frustrated trying to figure out what the English community calls the character I just rolled because Googling "Granblue + my best guess" didn't turn up anything

Also I don't play Shadowverse and I'll probably get bored and start skipping the story events a quarter of the way through like I always do anyway
    Last edited by Mcjon01; February 22nd, 2017 at 12:14 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Well, I got two bow drops already. I guess I'm too used to FGO CE drop rates so it keeps surprising me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    that's actually surprising

I have gone events without flips

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I don't think either of them were flips either, they just dropped as normal and when I checked the victory screen and oh hey it's a bow. (Though I might also just not be paying much attention)

Well, it happened with the Shodown event too so I was wondering if anything was up, but oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Forge Oliver Rebirth
    10× Bandit Distinction
    256× Pistol Stone
    50× Wind Quartz
    25× Warrior Creed
    30× Champion Merit
    120× Prism Chip
    2× Steel Brick
    5× Blue Sky Crystal

Forge Oliver Ventus
    30× Bandit Distinction
    512× Pistol Stone
    30× Galbinus Centrum
    3× Silver Centrum
    30× Wind Grimoire
    200× Sagittarius Anima
    15× Blue Sky Crystal
    halp

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    what element are you?

Blog Entries
    The only help we can give is kicking you down the rabbit hole or getting you some mental help.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    oh wait is this not your first t4 weapon?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Quote Originally Posted by Laith View Post
    what element are you?
    Mainly wind.

- - - Updated - - -

And yes this is my first.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    oh make Nirvana then

and just do 1st step of Oliver since you can leech naturally and you get the 5% drop

Blog Entries
    So once I get all my guns from 9>10, is my only way to get stronger basically going to be MLBing them?

Because I so don't have the resources for that outside of magnafest and I already got my two prestige guns this month