JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    thank you

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Cool, how’s your Ultima Sword Hades grid coming along
    Haven't started, don't plan to, I have Narmaya too, still no interest in doing that, BUT I DON'T CARE! I HAVE BEATRIX!!!!
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    So Tyrias is basically every Dalek that ever researched human hybridization ever?

Edit: It's too bad that Tyrias's relationship with Airi didn't get any further. It was getting good. Then we would have gotten playable Tyrias, instead of just black armor Shirou/Nick. Huh, are the abominations unaware of Will's observation that technology is what accelerates evolution? They clearly have the tech to give armor to Tyrias, but none of the other abominations have it? Again, just go full Dalek: gun sticks, reality bombs, and everything. Given that this event didn't have a new playable character, I would have preferred SR playable 4 Kings (or at least, the twins), given that we have summonable Daimon. Of course, that has even less chance of happening than SR Zero Suit Apollonia. F/GO tends to be the game that has these types of characters playable. Remember when Avenger was the unplayable final boss class?
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; April 4th, 2018 at 06:50 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Okay... So, apparently, I'm late on the uptake... I'm as skeptical about dubs as the next person, but I'm actually surprised at how well they cast it. Lyria sounds almost exactly the same... Opinions?

- - - Updated - - -

It's seven episodes in so far.

I am however RIDICULOUSLY worried about that Episode 12 with all the cameos... that's a lot of voices to not fuck up...
    Praying for Trina Nishimura doing her Kurisu voice for Zeta. I mean Zeta is a massive fan favorite, getting her right is imperative. Same probably goes for Jessica and Mary.

Also, if Mela Lee isn't Yuel, I'm going to totally lose my shit.
    Anyone else think that Todd Haberkorn is going to voice Feather?
    F/GO Supports

Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Not with that attitude.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Who's doing Cagliostro? It's a very Monica Rial-like role.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    No clue.

after watching seven episodes, I can say that the people who adapted the dialogue to English have no vocabulary because the characters were basically repeating the same phrases over and over to one another in a manner less varied than the original Japanese dub. It was actually kind of embarrassing to watch. I’ll admit it had its moments thoigh. There’s at least something to be said for the excellent casting.

I’ve also gotta assume that most of the transliterators didn’t even realize it’s a game (not a surprise, I have it on good intel that the voice directors for Final Fantasy Unlimited didn’t know what chocobos or moogles were and why voicing them might be even more appealing than voicing a main character). And they might have been watching the subtitled version on mute because “I ain’t no lizard” is not said with quite the right inflection, and they’re pronouncing it Erstay Empire rather than just Erst. I mean even he Japanese VAs were doing their best to keep the ‘e’ silent. This isn’t like with ‘Luria’ pronunciation.

I’ll forgive Pommern’s ‘I do say’ being changed to ‘I dare say’ just because he was cast so well. I think he’s the guy who voiced Shakespeare in Apocrypha, actually. Furias’ voice is great, just what you’d expect of him, but his psychopathy was toned down a lot. Deathgaze being changed to Doomgaze tier. I mean, he was the only guy who actually used the word ‘kill’ in the early game (I think). He was certainly gleeful about (trying to) destroy Port Breeze because, you know, massacring children is a fun way to spend your afternoon, but all of that sick gloating to the citizenry about how he’s so happy that they’re all going to die, and almost demanding a desperate response from them just so that he can laugh while they beg for their lives. Yeah, all that is totally gone and replaced with tamer stuff. I don’t understand why.

Were they worried that he’d lose some form of cute-appeal? Because that doesn’t exist. He’s objectively the most evil person in the main story, with even Freesia’s insanity at least being directed towards a goal of some sort, and Loki having a reason to hate Skydwellers. Furias just kills literally anything that moves because he’s basically a wannabe Kefka, and wants to massacre people because… well, he’ll come up with a reason later. Also, he only has too moods, psycho-mode and aggravation, and the only difference between his behaviour in either is that in one, he’s killing you because he’s angry and in the other, he’s killing you because he’s having a good time. Did the people adapting his dialogue somehow miss that? It’s pretty clear even with his limited screen time in this season.

Oh, right. Though still kind of irritating after a while, Siero’s voice is objectively better in English than in Japanese where I couldn’t listen to it for more than a second before hating it. Io also sounds better. She gets the ‘bratty’ tone in without just sounding whiny. The high squeakiness has never been my cup of tea though.
    Last edited by Draconic; April 16th, 2018 at 11:26 PM.
    F/GO Supports

Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    Who even cares it’s not you get free stuff in game from the English version so it’s worthless

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I know that, for the purposes of their own stats, primals and unknowns count as "all", but what about for summons that get boosts, based on the number of races in your party? For example, if I had both Azazel and Vampy in my party, would Tsukuyomi count that as 1 or 2?

Blog Entries
    Need help. Trying to get my Justice to max 3 star, but not too sure how the Seraphic challenge works. Any suggestions?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    I know that, for the purposes of their own stats, primals and unknowns count as "all", but what about for summons that get boosts, based on the number of races in your party? For example, if I had both Azazel and Vampy in my party, would Tsukuyomi count that as 1 or 2?
    Primal is a race, Unknown is a race
    They both happen to be races that reap the benefits of all Bahamut weapons but if you’re counting races they’re still just both one each

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    Need help. Trying to get my Justice to max 3 star, but not too sure how the Seraphic challenge works. Any suggestions?
    I don’t know what the Seraphic challenge is but I sure wish I could buy ideans

Banned
    Blog Entries
    The Discord of my GBF guild appears to disagree with you, but I'll take your word for it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post

I don’t know what the Seraphic challenge is but I sure wish I could buy ideans
    I mean the Primarch Raids.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Just join a 30-man primarch train.
    Or a ubaha train.
    Ubaha trains are fuuuun.

Blog Entries
    Yeah get your primarch anima from ubaha unless you desperately need to level some summons

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    set aside 2 hours for the ulti baha train

Blog Entries
    They’re down to two hours now? Not bad, not bad

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I mean I am assuming JP prime time

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by peanuts View Post
    Just join a 30-man primarch train.
    Or a ubaha train.
    Ubaha trains are fuuuun.
    *slowly perishes*
    F/GO Supports

Not with that attitude.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Persona crossover, huh... Much cat. Much lizard. Wow.