Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beautiful Days: Da Capo (IC)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Beautiful Days: Da Capo (IC)

I’m looking for an answer.

How long have I searched? There’s no meaning to it; not to the eternal. There’s no difference here, from a second to an aeon. A game on repeat. It’s why I played; then, and now.

Is there ever a price too great to pay to survive?

Alex Kisaragi
    Hanazono Shrine

You wake up in a shrine.

It’s not the most comfortable awakening. You weren’t even lying down. You found yourself leaning against a pillar of a torii gate, by one of the tiny, auxiliary shrines; “Hokora”, you remember it being called. It’s nestled in the side of the complex, hidden by shade under the trees. It’s for lesser gods, and people pass it by, the main shrine apparently more interesting to them. No one spares it a glance. Not at it, nor at you.

You blink. The sun stings your eyes, and you shield your eyes from the light, and blink again.

Your skin is pure white.

From where the sun is in the sky, you suppose it’s late morning. As your eyes adjust to the light, you recognize this place. Hanazono Shrine, they called it. Dad would come here to pray, sometimes, dragging you along with him. It was a popular place for businessmen.

No one looks at you. Apparently some foreigner lying on the ground isn’t enough to catch their interests. No, wait.

Off in the distance, you see a boy about your age, looking lost. For the briefest of moments, your eyes meet.

Shrugging it off, he walks out into the street.

“Sho”
    Golden Gai

You wake up in an alleyway.

This brings back memories— you think, at first, but it strikes you as odd. You can’t quite remember. Golden Gai, that’s what it was called; a small maze of alleyways littered with pubs and clubs and bars. You’ve come here before to— what? Fight? Drink? You shake your head.

The alleyway is cramped. Your legs hurt, like someone smashed them with a bat, or stomped on them with their boots. No, come to think of it, your entire body hurts, but your legs hurt the most. You help yourself up.

You make your way out of the cramped alleyway into a slightly less cramped alleyway. No one looks at you, as they go about their business. Typical— right? Right? No, that’s not right, not right at all.

You find yourself at a street, one that opened east and west. Whatever happened to you, you recognize this place. To the east leads to the shrine, which leads to Gyoen Park if you head south. To the west, Kabuki-cho. Red light district, if you recall. No kabuki theatres anywhere.

Absently, you reach your hand into your pocket, and feel blood on your finger. You flinch. From you pocket, you draw out a shard of broken glass.

Yuki Ren
    Cinecity Square Park

You wake up on the ground.

You find yourself looking at the sky, and it comes to you just now that you’re sprawled on the ground. No one seems to mind, they simply step over or around or ignore you completely. You help yourself up, and spot the buildings around you. You know this place well.

In front of you is the TOHO Cinema; you’ve come here with the club, before. To your left, the Shinjuku FACE concert hall; you’ve dreamt of performing here, before. To your right, the Ironman Karaoke bar; they wanted to meet you here, before. It’s busy here, the people of the city moving to and fro, their chatter and conversation filling, stifling the air.

It’s noisy, and it all hurts your head.

No one spares you a second glance, and you wander about the square. You bump into a man, but he ignores you completely. You run, but no one sees. You shout, but no one hears your voice.

No— that’s not right.

In the streets to Kabuki-cho, a girl turns back as you yell. She looks perplexed. She waits, and hears nothing more, and disappears into the crowd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Shikinami Karin
    Samurai Museum

You wake up on a vending machine.

It sits just outside a museum, one that you recognize; you’ve come here before. Suits of armor sit by the entrance, posters of kendo-practitioners and the like are plastered to the wall. You’re sure this is the samurai museum… right?

You can’t tell. You can’t read its name.

A man walks up to the vending machine and buys a Coke. He seems either unaware or unfazed by the girl laying sprawled over its top.

You raise yourself up, and get a bearing for your surroundings. The museum is at the corner of an intersection, busy for this time of day, people walking there and back. There’s a convenient store, a Lawson, on one of the other corners, and a host club on the other. Pedestrians pass you by, as you sit stony-faced on top of the vending machine. Now a schoolgirl comes by, and buys a coffee. Your legs dangle over the sides, but she doesn’t seem to particularly care, and walks off with a group friends, chatting and laughing all the while.

You notice, just now, another boy sitting across from you, on top of the roof of the Lawson. His legs dangle over the sides of the roof, and he raises an eyebrow.
    Last edited by Kirby; July 5th, 2016 at 01:11 PM.

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Alex Kisaragi
    Hanazono Shrine

My head’s a mess. It’s crammed full with hazy memories: laughing in a cafe, shoving someone aside as noise roared, someone babbling about a game, and-

My eyes snap open, and I suck in ragged breaths.

“What the hell?”

Where are the buildings, the roads, the cars? I’m surrounded by trees and red pillars.

“Wait, I recognize this place... Hanazono Shrine? How’d I end up here? I was in Shinjuku with Ami, and then-”

The man in dark clothing, gun roaring as it brought death-

“Ami? AMI!”

There’s no response. Did she get out safely? I thought I shoved her away, but it looks like I ran here somehow.

“Wait, that’s not right at all. I was definitely...”

Killed.

“Anyways, what am I doing here?” I look up, wincing at the bright sun. I raise a hand to block it-

“What...? What’s going on?”

My fingers are bone-white. So are my arms.

“What the fuck?”

I pull up a pants leg - white. Look under my shirt, white. Under the gloves white, I pull out my phone and on its reflection-

“What’s... Why is this... What’s going on!?”

White.

Something twitches at the edge of my vision, and a person walks away.

“Hey you, wait up!”

I run after the guy. Even a gawker’s fine at this point. I have to find out what’s going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Yuki Ren
    Cinecity Square Park

Hm, yeah, I know this place. Weird though, I don't think I was supposed to come today...I think. What was I doing befo-ugh, head hurts. Okay nevermind. What do I do? I stumble around for a while, but nobody is answering me. Jerks! You aren't supposed to be ignoring me! Is this national bastard day where everyone is an asshole? I'm...pretty sure that's not a thing. Okay, focus, foc-ugh, if I find whoever jammed needles into my head I'm punching them because this hurts a lot.

Haha! That girl reacted! I only saw it from the corner of my eye but I'm pretty sure she heard me. But now she's gone. That way there was...a café, and on the other side an hotel? I don't think that's where she's headed. She looked kinda weird too.

Still, so some people can hear me. Not sure I could find that girl by now. But...if weird people don't ignore me then maybe this is some magic thing? I think there was a shrine not too far, their uniforms looked neat. Everything else is like café and stores and neat stuff but people don't see me so there's no point.

So where was the shrine...right, East, just like the girl. Ugh, think!

I set up to run toward that direction, and at least my legs felt fine even though my head hurt. Maybe I should apply for the track club if the school lets me...
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Komata Itsuki
    Kabukicho South

You wake up at a Mister Donut.

You think you’ve heard of this place before, even if you’ve never been to one yourself. You can’t remember how. Everything feels like a daze.

You’re sitting at a table, for some reason. You can’t remember what you’ve been doing, like you’ve just woken up from a dream. People walk in and out of the shop, some standing by the windows, gawking at the donuts, others buying or chatting or entering or leaving, a whole mess of a crowd.

For some reason, you’re holding a donut.

There’s no receipt. You don’t think you’ve paid for this. You don’t even remember buying a donut, yet there it is.

You exit the shop, donut in hand, and take a look around. Shinjuku, all right. Just in front of the shop is the main road, leading to the subways and highways and all. Branching off that, a road leading deeper into blocks, to the Kabuki-cho.

No one bothers to look at you, but that’s just how things are. They never had a reason to, anyway. You scan the crowd, who go about their business, the same as usual. Men in suits, schoolgirls in uniform, nothing out of the ordinary. For a moment, you lock eyes with a girl, her expression first of confusion, then of shock. You blink, and lose her in the crowd.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Masafumi Gotoh
    Kabukicho Streets

You wake up in a crosswalk.

You’re lying face down, right in the middle of the street. The first thing you notice, besides the sun baking the pavement baking your skin, is that you have a bit of gravel in your mouth. It tastes exactly as one would expect it to taste.

You lift yourself up. You were prepared for this. You knew this day would come, the day of God’s trial. Thankfully, you were prepared. You try to clear your thoughts.

No, you can’t remember. You knew there was a trial, but you can’t remember what it was. In God name, and all, but what else? As you get up, the streetgoers still either unseeing or uncaring of a boy sprawled across the streets, you feel something in your pocket, and you remember. A journal. All the information you need is in here.

You feel the excitement, a shot of adrenaline in your veins. Within, lies the answer. Gingerly, you open the book.

The pages are all blank.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ayumi Fu
    Shinjuku LOFT

You wake up on the stairs.

They’re bumpy and hard, and the stone feels uncomfortable on your skin. The first thing you notice is that you’re lying horizontal, as if the stair was a bed. You blink. That’s odd. What the hell are you doing here?

You lift yourself up, and seat yourself on the stair that you once made your bed. No one seems to have noticed. That, too, is odd. Surely you fell from grace, but have you been forgotten that quickly? But on second thought, actually, it’s kind of nice. To be able to be out like this, and not be gawked at. For once, no eyes on you. A feeling of freedom you find unfamiliar.

You look around, and see a poster of Daichi on the wall.

You blink, and look around again. You recognize this place. The Shinjuku LOFT. A busy venue near Kabuki-cho, where bands and singers would gather and perform, some just gigs, others all-night festivals. You’ve sang here, before, too; it was one of the first venues you’ve performed at.

As you reminisce, you feel someone’s eye’s on you for once.

From the west side of the streets, a girl looks at you, head tilted in wonder. She walks on straight over, not really speaking or saying anything, as if she didn’t think you couldn’t even see her, and she pauses a distance away, scrutinizing you. Behind her, another girl follows, running her way. The first girl doesn’t seem to notice she’s being followed.

Yuki Ren
    Shinjuku LOFT

You follow the girl, in lack of anything else to do. It’s tough, trying to find her in the crowd, but you manage to locate her. It helped, at least, that no one seemed to mind you running, or even bumping into them. You take a second to catch your breath. It seems she’s stopped.

She’s by the Shinjuku LOFT, a venue where musicians would perform, looking at something on the stairs. You look too, and see a familiar face.

Ayumi Fu. A teen idol, you’ve seen her everywhere. A rising star in the industry, recently embroiled in a scandalous affair. Retreated from the industry, wait it out until it all blew over. Killed by a deranged fan in her own home. You remember hearing this before… before what?

If she’s dead, why is she here?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Alex Kisaragi & “Sho”
    Golden Gai

You run after the guy.

At first he walks at a leisurely pace, though you notice it’s just a facade, that he’s only acting calm. He looks over his shoulder, and sees you following. His pace picks up. Your’s does too. Soon, he breaks into a sprint, and runs into an alleyway, and you find yourself chasing after him.

You turn a corner, and he’s brandishing a stick.

“Get back, ya ghost!”

He swings wildly, keeping you at a distance. The two of you come to a standstill, as he holds out the stick in front of him like a sword, his other hand on his head, as if nursing a headache.

Down the alleyway, another boy stares at the two of you, mouth slightly agape.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Alex Kisaragi
    Golden Gai

“Hey, wait up!”

Did he not hear me? Maybe I need to yell louder. Okay, yelling louder didn’t work, and... Is he running?

“Wait, I just want to know what’s going on!”

The guy bolts, and I run after him. We’ve long since left the shrine, and he ducks into some alleys.

“Why the hell do you keep running from- Whoa!”

I jump back as he swings something at me - a stick? His eyes are wide, and he’s obviously afraid of something.

“Get back, ya ghost!”
    Ghost?

I blink, and then blink some more. I get the feeling my face is frozen. I don’t know what into, though. A derisive chuckle slips out.

“Ghost, huh? I really look like one, I guess.”

Saying it feels off somehow. Bile rises in my throat, and I fight the urge to spit it out. It doesn’t feel right, more than losing how I look. Every fiber of my body refuses to accept it, all of this ridiculousness.

“No, that can’t be right. There’s no way that that’s true.”

I force a breath out, and then another. Calm down, Alex. If you’re not calm, they can’t be.

“Look,” I say to the guy, hands raised in the hopefully universal gesture of ‘I mean no harm’. “Sorry if I scared you, alright? I’m just trying to figure out what’s going on, and I thought you might’ve had an idea. One moment I’m in Shinjuku, and the next I wake up in a shrine. Did anything like that happen to you?”

I look forward, and notice someone else in the alleyway.

“And what about you, back there? How’s your day been?”
    canon finish apo vol 3

Ayumi Fu
    Shinjuku LOFT

I haven't seen this poster of Daichi before. Advertisement for a new tour? He did mention something like that, if my memory isn't betraying me. That's right, we had a date here, or somewhere nearby. Well, I'm glad I went through with it. It brought me much needed closure. Everything else about that day is a blur, though. Was it last night? It has to be, after all I was asleep just now.

Right, this is the Shinjuku LOFT. Why the hell was I sleeping here? Not like anyone seems to mind. Despite it being such a busy day, nobody cares that I was just lying here like I had no care in the world. Me, of all people.

Fine. Nobody is looking at me. It's better this way. The busy noises around me are slowly fading into the background. I don't care what everyone is saying. Are they gossiping? Maybe they're pretending they don't know me to make fun of me, and then once they're behind my back they start laughing. Damn it, I do care what they're saying – still, I don't want to listen.

Before I get lost in thoughts I should take this into my own hands. One quick call and- oh. I don't have my phone. I don't even have my purse.

Alright, I don't have my phone, nobody seems to give a shit about me and I'm in the perfect nostalgia location. This is a setup. I always thought those hidden camera shows were staged, but I guess this just goes to show that there's always surprises. Daichi's probably the one who came up with this. Today is pretty close to our one year drama-versary. That's kind of cute of him when you think of it that way.

Then, I see a girl looking my way. She's the first person to look directly at me. Does she recognize me? I stare back. She looks young, and.. weird. Too weird to not be part of this thing. Loud footsteps. There's another girl coming up right behind her. Good, I'll play along. With a bright smile, I break the silence. "Hey."

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    “Sho”
    Golden Gai

This alleyway's a bit familiar to me. Not so much in a way that I can really recognize it; it's more a general feeling of... familiarity. Some sort of comprehension that couldn't be ignored. But I shove it into the back of my mind, throw it away so it doesn't invade unwanted places.

There's pain.

Incredible pain.

It hurts every single part of my body, driving, endless pain, that can never be ignored. Its a dangerous thing, that sort of pain. Legs feeling like knives are being stabbed deep into every point as I stand, feeling the fire of every single part of my joints as they shakily move upwards.

It's something unforgettable. A sort of thing that can't ever really be removed from your mind. It's a stagger, a stagger as I move out of the alleyway into...

Another alleyway.

This is not exactly the way I ever wanted to wake up; alone, drunk (maybe?) in the Golden Gai. Nobody looking at me, which is rather unusual; I've always been the center of attention, the best of the best, the iconic member of every club and of every single instance. So why... is nobody looking over here?

It's bizarre.

The blood wakes me up though, a single flinch at the sharp edge stabbing into my hand, and I blink once, then twice, brushing brown hair out of faded gray eyes. The confusion fades, and before me is --

A man being attacked for being a ghost.

Well, that can't be right. After all, he's 'alive', even if he's entirely white. But he calms down the other one - albeit to the best of his ability, and I stretch my arms as I'm addressed.

"How's your day been?"

This is the time for the best of the best to shine; even if there's no real reason in my mind for me to be the 'best'. "Pretty fair, actually," I reply with a grin. "Not the best day, but hey - I've had worse too. It's more of a general lackluster day, rather then anything else."

I brush off my pants, and walking almost leisurely past the duo, and I offer a wave as I pass, "I'm heading to Kabuki-Sho, if any of you'd care to join me. There's always something going on in Red Light, even if it's nothing at all. And anything's better then trying to beat someone down in an alleyway, right?"

A bright, winning grin as I turn the corner, spinning a shard of mirror in my hand.
    Last edited by Frantic Author; July 7th, 2016 at 02:35 PM.
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Masafumi Gotoh
    ​Kabukicho streets

This… this isn’t possible. I had it filled to the brim with notes. Carefully laid out plans. Is this the wrong notebook? Nope, my name’s still on the cover. Unless someone copied my handwriting?

It’s gotta be that asshole Ushihara. Useless piece of shit. I swear, he only comes for the drugs. Guy’s gonna kill himself with those things if no one checks up on him.

Well, not that it matters anymore. He’s dead as a doornail.

And so am I.

It’s finally happening, The Reaper’s Game. This is it. This is what I’ve been aiming for. All that time and effort was supposed to pay back in spades, but here I am now, with zero prep work.

Shit, shit, shiiiiiiit.

Gotta calm down. This is a critical moment; I can’t afford to lose my composure. Ok, so maybe this wasn’t Ushihara’s work. Could be I broke some kind of rule, bringing so much info with me. Can’t say for sure right now, not enough info. How fucking ironic.

At least they didn’t steal my pen too, cheeky bastards.
    Whatever, what’s lost can be regained. Let’s write down what we know. “REAPER’S GAME”. “REAPERS”… That’s it? That’s it. What a great start.

Need to get my bearings. Looks like Kabukicho, is it the real one though? Maybe a walk around town is what I need to get some solid intel. Observation is my strong suit, after all.

Did they really need to steal the sticky note bookmarks too? There’s only so much abuse I can take.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lace View Post
    Ayumi Fu
    Shinjuku LOFT

Then, I see a girl looking my way. She's the first person to look directly at me. Does she recognize me? I stare back. She looks young, and.. weird. Too weird to not be part of this thing. Loud footsteps. There's another girl coming up right behind her. Good, I'll play along. With a bright smile, I break the silence. "Hey."
    Yuki Ren
    Shinjuku LOFT

Whooa, it's hum...Ayumi! Right! And she's talking to me! I should ask her...no, way a second, nobody else is talking. Also she's supposed to be dead right? Or maybe I mis-ugh. This headache is really annoying. Nope, definitely dead, but in front of me! Cool.

Oh but, no, she's talking to that weird girl right? Or maybe to me? We're both in front so maybe not. Okay, all I need to do is play it cool, everything's cool.

"Hey, do you guys know what's going on? Why's everyone ignoring me?!"

Good job Ren. Nailed it.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Ayumi Fu
    Shinjuku LOFT

"Well, I'm not ignoring you!"

Alright, why not have a regular conversation in this completely weird situation. Might as well just act like we're something other than total strangers. Maybe this isn't a hidden camera setup and I just took some weird stuff yesterday, god, I don't know. I'm gonna do my own thing.

"I actually am missing my purse, so I wanted to look for that. I should probably report this to the police, right?"

I pose it as a question, but I start moving to signalize that I'm getting ready to leave.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ayumi Fu & Yuki Ren
    Shinjuku LOFT

She starts as Ayumi greets her, her expression rapidly shifting from surprise, to fluster, to confusion. She looks around wildly for a moment, mouth slightly agape, almost unsure she was talking to her.

"Hey, do you guys know what's going on? Why's everyone ignoring me?!"
    And she wheels around at that, too, even more surprised. For a moment she just gapes, until she perhaps remembers she could talk.

“I— what, you too?” She starts wringing her hands, looking more confused than ever. “I don’t know, it’s just, I woke up and all and everything’s missing and you guys are the first to look at me, and—”

And she babbles on, mumbling and gesturing, clearly scared and confused. She seems to have no clue what’s going on, if anything at all, but suddenly stops, as if suddenly realizing.

“What. You’re Ayumi, right? You’re definitely her— like, not a cosplayer or whatever?” She blinked. Something seemed to dawn upon her. “But you’re—?”

She never completes her sentence, trailing off into silence, staring at her in shock and fear.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Alex Kisaragi & “Sho”
    Golden Gai

“Look. Sorry if I scared you, alright? I’m just trying to figure out what’s going on, and I thought you might’ve had an idea. One moment I’m in Shinjuku, and the next I wake up in a shrine. Did anything like that happen to you?”

He blinks, and shrugs. “Fuck if I know, I can’t remember anything.” He winces, and clutches his head. “Geez, this headache, where the hell have I—”

Alex speaks up, a strange, very normal looking guy on the ground, and the two of you turn to face him. The guy with the stick looks annoyed at the interruption. As he turns, you catch a glimpse of an odd scar under his hair.

"I'm heading to Kabuki-Sho, if any of you'd care to join me. There's always something going on in Red Light, even if it's nothing at all. And anything's better then trying to beat someone down in an alleyway, right?"

“Ah, buzz off, ya—”

And he stops at that, as if coming to a sudden realization. The alleyway is silent, and then he takes off after Sho, leaving Alex behind as if he’d forgotten him.

He catches up to Sho, and stops him, stepping in front of and facing him. He’s still holding the stick, but seemed to have forgotten it was even in his hands. He’s breathing hard, perhaps from the run.

“Hey, you. You can see me?”

Come to think of it, this is the first time anyone’s seen you, too.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Masafumi Gotoh
    ​Kabukicho Streets

You look around, getting a bearing for your surroundings.

First off, it seems no one takes any notice of you. Well, of course they don’t, but you try to test it.

You walk up to a man, just next to him, and look him in the eyes. He continues his way, ignoring the disturbance completely. You bump against him, and he stumbles, though the image of the man splits, one that stumbled hanging static in the air, and one that continues to walk as if nothing had happened. The former image flickers and fades like a ghost, and the man continues on his way. It reminds you of a glitch in a video game.

You look through your book, and see some words scribbled here and there, that you missed in your frantic search.

“Entry Fee.” “Only One.”

Whatever that means.

You sigh to yourself. Evidently, there’s no one really here. You should walk around, no? But of course, there always has to be somewhere to start.

You recognize this place, vaguely, but there’s not much here but restaurants and clubs. To the west, you have the TOHO Cinemas and Shinjuku LOFT. To the north, the samurai museum, and a shitton of hotels. Keep going, and you have Okubo Hospital, and the Park right next to it. To the east, more restaurants, until you hit the Ward Office, and then the Golden Gai, and then Hanazono shrine.

Where, then, to start?

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Alex Kisaragi
    Golden Gai

Kabuki-Cho?

With everything that’s happening, he wants to hit up a brothel? My bad, a soapland. Still, at least he knows where he’s going, unlike the other guy. I wonder if there’s anyone else around who knows what’s going on. Then again...

Hey, you. You can see me?

I hadn’t noticed it at first, but... What even was his name? Anyways, Sticky was right. With how I look right now, all of the passersby I ran past should’ve gawked like they were paid to, or chattered about gaijin, or pulled away their kids or something.

But no one gave me a second glance.

“Sure, why not?” I run to catch up to them. “Name’s Alex. You?”
    canon finish apo vol 3

Ayumi Fu
    Shinjuku LOFT

Oh, there we go. I should've figured someone was going to tell eventually. No wonder nobody else said something, I probably look like a mess. If only I had an actual mirror on me. "I know, it's okay. I'm sorry, I usually have a pen on me, but you see I don't even know where my ID is right now so I should really get going."

Then, I notice.
    The girl's stare isn't one of surprise and excitement. She's ... afraid of me. Not just afraid. It's as if something's wrong.

“But you’re—?”

There has to be something wrong with me. I look down on my dress, see if there's any stains, if something isn't fitting correctly, but— there's nothing wrong with me. Why? Oh, I get it now. I'm fine. I don't want to, but I understand. That's exactly what's wrong. Why am I— my mind shuts out. If I keep thinking about this, it'll come true. It's only natural to stop thinking then, forever. After all, nobody wants to die, and if I keep thinking, I'll

My throat feels extremely tight. I gulp. "What's wrong?" A completely normal response. I still want to leave. I don't want to hear her answer. Yet, I feel as though my feet are stuck to the ground.

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alex Kisaragi & “Sho”
    Golden Gai

I'm walking along when they catch up to me.

“Hey, you. You can see me?”

I blink in surprise, brushing his hands off as I think of a reply. "Well, are you invisible?" A smile comes over my lips as I imagine it, the man brandishing a stick being invisible, "Because you don't look it to me. You're perfectly normal and perfectly human, so you're alive, right? 'Being seen' is a state of mind, not a necessity. We're all invisible in our own way, but right now none of us are. Maybe you just thought you were?"

I shrug my shoulders, and turn to the other one with a light grin.

“Name’s Alex. You?”

I open my mouth to respond --

And a record scratches against the surface of my teeth. There's no 'name' inside my head. The place where your 'identity' is engraved on the inside of your skull is empty for me. A blank has been drawn across it entirely. The location of 'my existence' is gone.

So I make one up.

"Sho." It sounds almost curt as it rolls out of my mouth, after a stumble that wouldn't happen if you truly knew your 'own name'. "Nice to meet you, I suppose."

The wind is rough against my skin as I direct everyone to the Red Light District, and the shards of mirror in my hand are too old and worn to be a weapon, but too sharp to be anything else. They're 'useless' to me, in a way. Same as the name that I have pretended is my own - useless, empty things that I can't ever understand. But I move beyond them, because 'emptiness' is just a state of being that can change at anytime. It's not as if I will never be able to fill that, or that this broken mirror can't be repaired. Anything is possible is Tokyo, even such impossibilities as these --

A man with no name walks into the red light district. At his side is a man who is bone white - his skin, and his hair - and a delinquent. Where do they go? It's hard to say, because there's no specifics to determine their path.

They're all drifters in the end.
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.