Thread: Fate/Kaleido Switch (Fate/Zero-Fate/Kaleid Liner Crossover)

Fate/Kaleido Switch (Fate/Zero-Fate/Kaleid Liner Crossover)

@Edit: Fixed formatting. Added formatting guide.

Well, after feeling awkward about posting this for a while I decided to just get this over with. It was already posted elsewhere, but I'm awkward with forums in general.

This is an idea I started recently, I do plan on making it into a long story, maybe a series, but we'll see where it goes. Don't expect too fast updating please.

If anyone finds anything to be weird about this story canon-wise let me know, I did this with little research, and my memory itself was rather fragmented. I'm expecting to have gotten a lot wrong, mainly with knowledge the characters might not have, or mistakes in my own writing.

I'll probably not rewrite it for now but if people feel it's necessary, I will, to flesh it out a little better. My writing style is weird, though, and I don't really feel like changing it - this includes some things that would be considered bad syntax or grammar - but nothing too serious, I think. I mostly need feedback on the story. The last chapter I wrote so far especially so - it feels kind of long.

On another note, this does start out rather slow - so I'd like to know how the pacing feels so far.

If anything in this story requires warnings of some kind or it has anything against any rule I may not know of, please let me know.

I tried to make everything canon up to the start in Fate/Zero, but I might need to get a few details sorted out, by the way. My Servant idea was kind of weird, and as far as I know unlikely to even be possible in canon, so please keep that in mind while reading.

I have no idea about in-depth information that isn't shown in the actual animations or the manga, and I have edited the servant summoning chant's translation to a version I find somewhat easier to read - but that's probably just me nitpicking.

This was meant to be semi-readable for canon blind folk, by the way. Hopefully won't make it worse for the fans.

If anything that I didn't mention in here needs more detail or is just plain wrong in canon, I'd like a heads up, and after that, I'll consider whether to change that or stick to what I did while notifying any readers about that.

And the usual disclaimer. I don't own any of the characters or locations in this story. I only own my own twist to the canon and nothing else.

Index

Prologue
    Chapter 1
    Chapter 2

Formatting Method, for quality/ease of reading:

Thoughts
    "Speech"
    Flashback
    "Chanting"

Fate/Kaleido Switch

Prologue

Waver's Point of View

After preparing the summoning circle for the ritual, I take a deep breath.

If everything goes right, this will summon Alexander the Great. This will be my chance to prove to magi like Kayneth that my theory is worth giving some thought-

...Sigh, I did it again. Every time since then, I can't stop thinking about how easily he dismissed my theory, and that just gets me angry.

Getting angry would solve nothing - I need to keep myself calm.

As I mentally tell myself this, also starting to brace myself for whatever might happen once my Servant is summoned, I decided to start chanting.

"Fill, Fill, Fill, Fill, Fill.

Repeat every five times.

But, when each is filled, destroy it."

Taking a deep breath, both to get the timing of the chant right, and to calm down, because I already started thinking about what-ifs during the chant...I tell myself that there's nothing that could be done about that right now, to reassure myself, and continue chanting.

"I announce.

My will creates your body, and your sword creates my destiny.

If you heed the call of the Holy Grail, and you abide by my feeling, my reason, then answer.

I hereby swear...

That I shall be all the good in this world.

That I shall defeat all the evil in this world.

You, seven heavens clad in the three great words of power, come forth from the circle of binding, O keeper of the balance...!"

As the summoning circle begins to glow, I feel a surge of tension, of adrenaline, well up within me.

The ritual is working as intended, and soon, Alexander the Great himself as my Servant...

...Or so I thought.

When the Servant that was summoned showed up, I was shocked.

My first thought was that there is no way Alexander the Great was a little girl.

It took me more than a second to even manage to think clearly that this girl certainly wasn't Alexander the Great.

...After more than just a few moments of staring at her in shock, she decided to speak for the first time.

"Umm, are you my Master?"

That was also unexpected. Since this was a Servant, I figured she would seem more...Powerful? Imposing, even...but out of the many expectations I may have had, this was not even close to them.

Such a frail-looking girl, who isn't even, apparently, filled with confidence like some magi seem to be.

And her clothing doesn't seem to be even remotely close to what any Servant would probably wear. She looks, by all means, like a normal young girl - with a rather childish, but still feminine, casual pink dress...For modern standards.

...Is this even going to work out?
    Last edited by kazamitempest; July 6th, 2016 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Fixed some things

Fate/Kaleido Switch

Chapter 1

Illya's Point of View

I always thought magic was something that looked exciting.

But, no matter how much I had desired or liked the idea of magic, no matter how my expectations about how it felt to have magic were...

...There is no way a normal girl like me would ever be prepared to what it really was like.

After suddenly being thrown into a world of magic, heroes, mirror worlds, and cards, any similar girls, who liked the kind of magic you’d see in some kind of Magical Girl anime, would probably have the reaction I did.

I wanted to deny it, and just go back to my normal life…

…But, thankfully, I didn’t.

Back then, I fought alongside Miyu against what seemed like an impossible foe.

Not too long after that, I met Kuro. We fought at first, but eventually managed to understand each other.

After that, a lot happened. Sad moments, happy moments. Bad situations, good situations…

...And to think, I’d never have met any of them, would never have helped Miyu, would never have understood Kuro, if it wasn’t for the very same magic I wanted to deny at first...

That I didn’t have long to live as a result of most of my reckless battles was kind of expected…

...But looking back, I definitely don’t regret anything that happened since meeting Ruby.

If anything, I just wanted to be able to stay with them a little while longer…

-------------------------------

After dying, I was somehow sent to the Throne of Heroes - probably because of my battles against the Class Cards, or even some of the other battles from the past.

When I arrived, as soon as my eyes cleared, starting to looked around...I got a headache, and after that, simply...knew...where this was. As if the information was there all along.

Anyways, now, having too much time, and not a lot to do, the only things I could do were to just think about my past, and sleep...Or get as close to sleeping as a spirit could.

But more importantly, it is a really lonely experience. I want, no, need, to do something, need to meet someone, anyone, need to do more than just sit here doing nothing.

As I was thinking that, starting to feel a slight headache...It felt more like someone was pulling my consciousness somewhere. I’m not exactly great at recognizing that kind of feeling, but that’s how it would feel like, probably.

Not long afterwards, I was somewhere else. Of all places...in a forest?

It sure looked like a forest...But before being able to think anything else, I felt a headache, this time similar to the kind of headache that happened when arriving at the Throne of Heroes.

The information came, and then I suddenly knew my situation, like last time.

In one way, I’m really scared now, with all that knowledge. This is the Holy Grail War, the same thing my parents tried to stop, after all.

But if a wish can really be granted by the Grail, and it’s not a Grail that feels...wrong, like the one my parents disabled was…

...Then I want to live just a little longer than before, just spend a little more time with my friends... And if it’s the same Grail they tried to disable, the least that could be done is disabling it in their place.I looked around, trying to see who my Master was. It didn’t take long for me to see a young man, still older than I was when I died, looking at me in shock…

That must be him. He’s the only person I see nearby. But still, maybe I should confirm it first…Thinking that, I started speaking up, feeling a bit awkward at the silence.

“Umm, are you my Master?”

He kept looking at me in shock for a few more moments, and he seemed to frown for a short moment before replying.

“Yes, I am...But, what is your Class?”

After a moment of trying to look for the answer to that question, in the knowledge about the Grail War that had been added to my brain...I replied, somewhat awkwardly, as he was still a stranger.

“Uhm, I’ve been summoned as Caster...Nice to meet you…?”

He sighed. Did I do something wrong?

While wondering about that, I started looking a little more around me...and noticed a circle of blood around me...Probably chicken blood, if the...two chicken bodies I saw nearby were any indication...

That was more than enough for me to start wondering if I was safe or not, until he frowned and replied.

“Haah...I’m Waver, Waver Velvet. I’m not sure if it’s is a good idea to ask this, but what hero were you in life?”

Oh. So I didn’t do anything wrong, but he was expecting something else.

After realizing that I looked like a normal girl right now, I thought that was to be expected. He probably expected some kind of strong-looking warrior…Not someone like me.

I decided to try to explain my situation. He did seem a little friendly, and was probably just surprised. So, after a moment of trying to convince myself that he was not a bad person, and trying to sound as confident as possible, I replied.

“I’m Illya. I’m not sure you’d know my full name even if it was mentioned...but I do want to introduce myself properly. You don’t need to worry about me being weak, probably...I may not look very strong right now, but a lot of things happened in my life, and I did things that some people thought impossible, so…”

I tried to sound confident, but ended up sounding pleading, didn’t I…

Then again, it’s not like I’m really all that confident, am I? Rin-san and Luvia-san usually seemed confident, even Miyu and Kuro did, but, thinking back, my own attempts at being confident like that didn’t work out...After all, I just do my best, and hope that it’s enough.

While I was thinking that, he sighed, frowned some more, then replied.

“Well, since you’re my Servant now, it would be better to know at least a little more about you than just your name...But we don’t have that much time. It’s late, and my ‘Grandparents’ are probably going to notice something is wrong if I stay out any further. Can you astralize, and follow me? Once we’re there we can probably discuss things in more detail.”

I nodded, seeing no reason not to do that, and astralized. It felt weird...and in a way that I can’t explain too well… Still feeling alive, but not feeling things like the wind blowing around me anymore, I guess? I still feel my feet touching the ground, though.

I figured that this would feel natural later... So, brushing off the awkward feeling, I started moving, following Waver back to his Grandparents’ house. While I’m still a little wary of him, he seems like a nice person. He didn’t shout at me or demand anything, like surely some other Masters might, if even a few of the stories from the Grail War I heard about were true...

So, after following him in silence for what seemed like at least 15 minutes, which was enough time to get used to the feeling of astralizing, we arrived at a wooden house. Not long after we arrived, an old man, probably his Grandpa, appeared.

After a short exchange, which was just Waver giving an excuse for being out and his Grandpa accepting it, we entered the house. Waver told his Grandpa he was tired, probably to be able to talk with me as soon as he could, and went upstairs, while I followed him.

Once we were on his room, he closed and locked the door, and started speaking with me again, this time, almost as quietly as a whisper.

“Well, since you’re going to be my Servant for this Grail War, I need to have a basic idea of what you can do before anything. Since you’re a Caster, we’ll need to plan accordingly. So, what can you do?”

Understanding that he probably didn’t want to talk loudly enough to be heard by anyone else, I explained how my magic works, and, for some reason, he was looking at me, shocked. Then he fainted.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Okay, so, to clarify - when writing this, I was attempting to introduce Illya to the reader, with a few references that people may or may not get from canon.

The interactions are stiff on purpose, as Waver and Illya don't know each other well at this point. But if the characterization is just plain wrong, pleasedon'tkillme
    ... I mean, I'll consider rewriting this at some point.

For now I'll be trying to dish out new content somewhat quickly and then if it's too horrible quality once I'm done, I'll try making a new version, fixing whatever people said is wrong. So, yeah - constructive criticism is a big yes for me, but I won't apply it to older chapters at first. I'll keep it in mind for new chapters for now.
    Last edited by kazamitempest; July 6th, 2016 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Fixing Formatting

Was hoping for some replies before posting this chapter as it feels a little awkward to post it without any. But since I posted this about everywhere but here I figured I was being a bit too awkward about this.

So, here goes. Feedback is appreciated. Constructive criticism is, too.

Fate/Kaleido Switch

Chapter 2

Waver’s PoV

I saw a young girl. She was having a mundane day - going to school, talking to friends, going back home...That kind of thing.

It seemed so mundane, I could barely even associate it with Caster.

As I made that connection, though, I realized I was dreaming about her past, or, more specifically, having a vision of it.

It wasn't entirely uncommon for that to happen, because of the connection that a Master and a Servant share, but I wonder just how such a normal girl even managed to do...everything she said she did.

Dismissing that thought, for the moment, I turned my attention back to what was happening in this vision.

After noticing something, she started looking outside the window with the lights off, to try and see something she noticed in the dark of the night, on the sky.

After a very awkward moment in which her brother entered the bathroom thinking she had left… I saw the unlikely encounter between her and a...magical wand? Which immediately attacked her brother by flying onto his face upon arriving through the window, instantly knocking him out.

So, a rather...weird magical wand. One that speaks, and is very... Haah, I'm not even sure what to think about how it acts.

And apparently, it's cunning too, I thought, as I saw that the wand was deliberately teasing the girl about her love to get her flustered...

...For the sake of completing a contract. And it succeeded...Resulting in the girl getting a rather awkward outfit through the wand's magic. Though, considering she was bathing before the wand showed up, that's probably less awkward than the previous situation. I still feel kind of bad for her now, anyway. Maybe I should be kinder to her once I'm awake…

Shaking myself out of those thoughts for the time being, I watched on.

I saw the wand's previous Master, which was probably a magus, ask for it back, more kindly than what I would expect from most magi...At least, until the wand was extremely rude to her, and somehow glued itself to the girl's hand...Not only that, but it tricked the girl into attacking the magus. What a cunning wand...

After that, the girl blacked out, because of a point-blank Gandr spell. Courtesy of the previous Master of the wand. I winced at the sight, and, as she blacked out, my dream did too. It seems I can only see what she had experienced. Still, as a magus I must admit that Gandr was fairly powerful.

It was for just a moment, though, as I watched her wake up, and, while still not quite awake, she was told by the wand's previous master, quite bluntly, which fits my image of a magus better, about her situation.

That she had no right to refuse. If she wanted to blame anyone, she was to blame the wand. And that she had to do the job of the magus for her, collecting something she called Class Cards.

I saw the girl's eyes widen slowly at those words, and it only made me feel worse about the neutral tone I addressed her with.

She wasn't imposing, and, since I was still half expecting that she had a background similar to most Servants despite her looks, I decided to act like a proper magus would…

...And that isn't exactly the friendliest of the ways I could've used to treat her with. The Clock Tower is full of that neutral, somewhat icy tone, and I usually don't agree with the atmosphere it gives off, either.

I was getting angry at my luck back then, and couldn't bring myself to care about her situation, I realized…after all, I was expecting Alexander the Great to be summoned, not a little girl like her.

------------------------------------

Just as I realized that, I woke up from that dream about her past.

I still remember it clearly, so maybe I'll see more of her past eventually?

As I thought that, I looked around. Surprisingly, I wasn't on the ground, or feeling uncomfortable, after waking up. It seems she had carried me to my bed while I was unconscious, which would be completely unbelievable if she wasn't a Servant, and yet, even though she is one, still is rather hard to believe because of her small frame and the fact she is a Caster.

After a while of looking around, I noticed that the sun was already rising, and that Caster was currently staring at one of the magazines I had on my room, looking somewhat shocked. So, I figured I should greet her and ask what was wrong.

"Good morning, Caster... What's wrong? You look like you saw a ghost."

As I said that, she looked at me, apparently somewhat flustered, and quickly replied...A bit too quickly, even.

"Huh? Oh, well, there's nothing wrong, nothing at all...Ahahaha"

She said that, scratching the back of her head, while doing a rather forced sheepish laugh...Very suspicious, but I'll leave it be for now. So, deciding that, I changed topics.

"Okay, so, we need to do some planning for the Grail War later, but I think we can leave that for the afternoon. After all, not every Servant was summoned yet, so it isn't officially started. Since I'm hiding you from my 'Grandparents'...Oh, their names are Glen and Martha, by the way. Anyways, since I'm doing that, I thought I'd ask if you need, or would like to, well, eat breakfast at all…I could ask them to eat upstairs, or something, and bring your share...or something..."

Well, that was awkward to ask, and I started to hunt for words as I tried to elaborate…I mentally sighed when I had that thought.

Since she's, in a way, a spirit, I don't know if she needs to eat. But, feeling a bit badly about what I saw of her past, I decided the least I could do was to offer breakfast...And of course, I couldn't do that in a natural way...That makes sense, though. I don't know her too well, and I guess she knows even less about me.

Yet, despite my rather awkward suggestion she replied, with a bright smile on her face.

"Yes, that'd be great! Thank you."

That was enough to make me feel less awkward, both about the way I suggested it and about how I treated her yesterday.

So, I went to the bathroom, to start fixing my clothes, and to wash my hands. Once I was done, I headed downstairs.

-----------------------

I was greeted, rather enthusiastically, by Martha.

"Good Morning, Waver! Breakfast is already ready. By the way, you're up rather early today! I expected you to sleep until later, today, since Glen told me about how you left the house very late yesterday. Did you sleep well enough?"

As she said that, I noticed the worried tone she used for that question. I feel kind of bad for making Martha worry like this, but it can't be helped.

I reassured her, telling her that I am feeling alright, and she nodded.

"That's alright, then. Just make sure you're taking care of yourself.

Anyways, what do you want today? I made pancakes because Glen asked, but I was already preparing some bacon and eggs when he did - so we have more prepared than usual today."

I'm in luck, it seems. It's not every day that she makes extra food, after all, Glen usually isn't looking forward to anything specific. I wonder if anything happened...Well, I guess that doesn't matter too much.

So, I asked her to give me a little of both, but also asked her if it was fine to give me some more than usual. I explained that by saying I needed to study, and wanted to eat while studying. I also said I needed to eat more than usual because I woke up feeling very hungry.

Martha was about to complain, but Glen, who was already in the table, gave me an understanding nod, then told her...

"What's the problem, Martha? If the boy wants more food then we should give him it. He's a growing boy after all."

That made me feel a little awkward, as he seemed a little sad while saying that.

But with that, Martha agreed, despite looking a little sad, and gave me two rather generously filled plates, one of pancakes, the other of bacon and eggs. Thanking her, I went back upstairs, one plate on each hand.

------------------

When I reached my room, Caster was looking intently at the television for some reason, watching the news.

I didn't even have enough time to see what was being broadcasted, because as soon as I went inside, she turned the TV off, and greeted me.

"Oh, you're back! Thanks for offering me breakfast, really. I wasn't exactly expecting that, since spirits don't need to eat…"

With that, she trailed off. Well, looking from her point of view, I was probably not that kind of person, considering how I treated her yesterday.

So, with that in mind, using the kindest tone I could manage, I said...

"Well, I'm glad you liked the idea. If you want to, we can have breakfast like this every day, for the time being. I admit I was acting rather coldly, yesterday...So I apologize for that. I hope you understand how I felt though."

While I said that, she seemed to brighten up. After I was done speaking, she quickly replied…

"Oh, that's okay. I don't really need to have breakfast every day. But it would be good to have a normal meal sometimes, I guess. And I understand, I don't exactly look like a hero, do I?"

Noticing how she was acting, I couldn't help but wonder how she even became a Heroic Spirit. From that dream, she seemed to be involved in magecraft, but that wouldn't really be enough to become one, normally.

So, while I was distracted by that line of thought, before I could stop myself, I asked…

"Come to think of it, how did you become a Heroic Spirit?"

Her somewhat happy smile quickly crumbled at those words, and with that, I inwardly grimaced. Trying to fix the situation, I added…

"Well, there's no need to say it if you don't want to…"

I trailed off with that. She gave me an understanding nod, though, and replied.

"No, it's okay. Since you summoned me, I kind of thought I'd need to tell you at some point, anyways… It's a rather long story, but… This is not the first Grail War I've been part of...I guess?"

She said all that, with a rather sad, somewhat longing tone. It took me a few moments to register the meaning of her words…

This is not the first Grail War she's been part of?

She does sound rather unsure about it, but assuming she's right...Does that mean that, somehow, she was part of one of the previous Grail Wars?

...But even then, her clothes are too modern for that. They seem brand new, not the kind of clothing you'd see 60 years ago…

While that gave me a lot to think about, I decided to be kind to her for the time being, and changed topics.

"Well, I guess we can leave that for later. We should eat breakfast before it's cold."

I said that, pointing at the food I had placed on a small table in the middle of my room.

After quickly nodding in agreement, she sat down near the table and started eating, a happy look on her face. I decided to follow suit and eat a little myself. I wasn't particularly hungry, but I felt it was important.

--------------------

After eating breakfast, which went rather quickly and uneventfully, despite her initial surprise at the rather American meal, I decided it was time to plan our course of action for the Grail War.

With that line of thought, I asked her, rather awkwardly because of the conversation we had before breakfast…

"Uhm, we probably should start planning for the Grail War now, right?"

She nodded. Because she had agreed, I resumed...

"I remember what you told me yesterday, and, well…I had a very basic plan thought out."

She was looking intently at me, and I proceeded to explain my plan to her.

It was a very basic plan, without much thought on specific situations. I just made sure she would not reveal her trump cards too early if possible, and gave some suggestions on how we should act.

After a few hours, we finished planning, and not long after that, the phone rang.

I answered it quickly, as it might be a message from the organizers of the Grail War. And, as expected, it was.

It seems every Servant was already summoned, and the War can now officially start. I feel goosebumps, but I'm certain that if we do this right, Caster and I can win the Grail War.

So, with that in mind, I went out, to gather information on the other Masters. Caster was right behind me, already astralized, because while Glen and Martha were already asleep, because of how late it is, it doesn't hurt to keep Caster hidden just in case.

Not too long after we left, I noticed my rat familiar's presence not too far away - coming directly to where I was. I wonder if it has any important information…

After all, I had left it spying on Tohsaka's mansion, as it was a location of great importance for the upcoming War. The Tohsaka, Matou, and Einzbern families are all guranteed to participate, being the founders of the War, but I only knew where the Tohsaka and the Matou were located, and the Matou managed to somehow remove any familiars I sent that way.

I'm somewhat worried about what may be so important that could have happened within the Tohsaka's Bounded Field - right after the War started...But I'll leave worrying for after my familiar arrives and lets me know what happened.

Soon afterwards, my familiar arrived, chittering rather quickly to convey what happened. It seems there was a battle in Tohsaka's mansion right on the first day - and not only that, but Assassin was likely defeated in the process.

Unfortunately, my familiar couldn't see Tohsaka's Servant well enough to get any information on him, besides the fact he was golden and flashy...But, at any rate, I conveyed what I just learned to Caster, who seemed to be deep in thought. After a while, Caster replied.

"Well...I don't really know if that helps, but for now, I guess we're lucky… If Assassin is anything like what the one I fought was, though… We should be careful…"

She seemed to shudder at the thought - I wonder what happened in her War? Still unable to understand what she meant, though, I asked…

"What do you mean? Assassin is already dead, isn't he?"

She thought for a bit, and then replied.

"I hope I'm wrong about this, but if I'm not, and that was the same Assassin...There is probably more than one Assassin out there…"

I'm pretty sure my eyes widened in shock, as I realized the implications of that statement. If Assassin is not one individual, but rather an army of them...We might have not seen the last of them. Still, that is just one possibility.

So, with that in mind, and not having any more leads to follow for the night, I decided we should go back home, and figure out those two Servants later.

For now, it is confirmed that Tohsaka and his Servant will be a rather important pair of participants of the War, and Assassin might be done for, so that is more than enough.

It didn't take long before I arrived back home, with Caster right behind me, and went to sleep.

---------------------

Well, this was somewhat slow to write, but I hope it was a decent chapter.

On the first half of it, I decided to focus on the interactions between Waver and Illya, while introducing Glen and Martha to canon-blind readers.

And, on the second half, I went for plot progression. I hope I gave the right image on the chapter, overall. Next chapter should have things pick up quicker.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, the writing doesn't exactly hook me (I admit to skimming through the last bit of the chapter) but the premise of Illya summoned in the 4th War is certainly an interesting one. Curious as to how she'll react upon encountering Irisviel (or even herself, depending on how events unfold). Your writing comes off as a little bit dry and clinical for me, though I suppose it fits Waver's narration.

It's an intriguing premise that could definitely go a lot of creative places but as of now, I'm not exactly filled with motivation to keep reading this. It makes sense that the beginning of a book is going to be slower and more explanative then the later parts, but I'm still of the firm opinion that a book (fanfic, whatever) should hook the reader from the first page.

Also, if Illya is summoned as Caster then does that mean Uryuu summoned a Rider? Or the order gets jumbled in some other way so somebody else gets Rider and Uryuu gets whatever Class is left. (Berserker, maybe?)

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Well, the writing doesn't exactly hook me (I admit to skimming through the last bit of the chapter) but the premise of Illya summoned in the 4th War is certainly an interesting one. Curious as to how she'll react upon encountering Irisviel (or even herself, depending on how events unfold). Your writing comes off as a little bit dry and clinical for me, though I suppose it fits Waver's narration.

It's an intriguing premise that could definitely go a lot of creative places but as of now, I'm not exactly filled with motivation to keep reading this. It makes sense that the beginning of a book is going to be slower and more explanative then the later parts, but I'm still of the firm opinion that a book (fanfic, whatever) should hook the reader from the first page.

Also, if Illya is summoned as Caster then does that mean Uryuu summoned a Rider? Or the order gets jumbled in some other way so somebody else gets Rider and Uryuu gets whatever Class is left. (Berserker, maybe?)
    Well, first off, thanks for the reply.

My writing is still heavily WIP I admit. I'm not exactly used to writing, but had this idea and was like 'why not start with this?'. I tried to add a bit more detail on the interactions on chapter 2, but I wasn't exactly writing with a proper Beta - was told it was looking OK by a few people, and was like 'okay then...here goes nothing' and posted it.

So yeah, sorry for the lack of quality on that sense, I did edit what I felt was wrong but as a rookie writer I'm likely to make that kind of mistake.

Admittedly, though, this last chapter was written while I was somewhat focused on clarifying a few things for those who were reading canon blind...Which I think was overall a failure from a fan's perspective.

The next chapter should have the actual events happen for real though and I hope to fix my writing style a bit more by then. It's still very rough, and the last chapter was, at the same time, the one with the least amount of editing/revising and the largest amount of words so far.

So I guess it's no wonder you, as a fan, didn't exactly enjoy that one, but I hope you can keep up with me and see where my writing style will get over time. I will make sure to rewrite the older chapters once I'm done with the actual storyline, or unable to continue dishing out new content for a long enough time, for some reason.

I hope this clarified any possible issues with this story, and I hope to have them fixed soon. Again, thanks for the reply, this is was exactly what I was in need of, and the main reason I decided to post it in these forums, besides the fact I asked for a Beta before posting this story.

@Edit: Also, just realized I didn't even mention the question about Rider. I thought I had. Well, Rider will probably be Uryuu's but I'm still undecided as to how that will work, so it's subject to change.
    Last edited by kazamitempest; July 6th, 2016 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Forgot to address question

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    There is very little that I can say that wasn't said by Royd.

I will admit, I'm more curious about how Iris and/or Kiritsugu react to seeing Illya than the other way around. After all, in her world, she was a fairly ordinary girl, and her parents just travel a lot because of their jobs. They're the ones who'll be scared to death.

And as for Ryuunosuke, do you have a plan for who he'll summon, if he participates at all?
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.