Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 23456914 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-a-Mage

マリーの味方
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post
    Though I was hoping that you would expand a bit more on the way you said she disliked technophobes.
    it's supposed to go with her disliking how magi act. she thinks many of them are stuck in the past, and disliking their overall distaste towards modern technology is part of that

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post
    t.
    Kayneth ish nott a name eijjer! Hueverr, it ish far shuperior to Flat!
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=3848/kayneth-stillwind
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    The basic premise that there was a magus family who had a problem similiar to Zouken; the land that they traveled to didn't agree with them.
    But wasn't that a load of crap the Matous cooked up to make themselves feel better?

Nitpicking aside, fun idea. The Scottish family sounds like a mixture of the Edelfelts and the Fragas, and I wonder how the kids would have played off of each other with such radically different inheritances and expectations thrust upon them.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    But wasn't that a load of crap the Matous cooked up to make themselves feel better?
    yes
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    The Makiri line moved from their homeland to Fuyuki and fell. For a magus to leave their land carries the meaning of departing from their own magic foundation and is extremely risky.
    It can be a factor though.

I mean, obviously it didn't matter to Zouken individually, but, in a general sense CM3 implies it can happen.

Blog Entries

Nitpicking aside, fun idea. The Scottish family sounds like a mixture of the Edelfelts and the Fragas, and I wonder how the kids would have played off of each other with such radically different inheritances and expectations thrust upon them.
    Rhiannon was fairly happy, but Roderick wasn't. One thing I would have focused on was how out of place Roderick was at the Clocktower. Guy made decent grades, was tall and well built (not conceptually handsome, but decent looking), but couldn't get a date with another mage to save his life.

And how Roderick coped with his inherent blood knight tendencies, and who took care of him when he stumbled back in the lab almost half dead.

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    yes
    It probably didn't make them feel that much better. It seems like the kind of excuse/admission that works sort of like alcohol. Like, you can forget about your problems while you're drinking it...

...but then you wake up the following morning half fully-naked in a dumpster behind your local Pizza Hutt worm infested basement with a splitting headache, a profound sense of hopelessness, and a horrifying thing shaped like an old man snickering at you.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    It can be a factor though.

I mean, obviously it didn't matter to Zouken individually, but, in a general sense CM3 implies it can happen.
    yes
    especially if you move to MURICA

Blog Entries
    Do any of the Materials say anything about Native American magi?

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    there's a bit in grand order.
    and strange fake.

- - - Updated - - -

especially since Geronimo is a Caster in GO.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Here's the OC protagonist of one of my fics.

Spoiler:
    Name: [REDACTED-1]
    Alias(es): Scribe
    Appearance: Indiana Jones crossed with a Private Eye
    Place of Birth: Small town in America

Personality: Wiseass. Short temper. Forgetful. Pushy. Disrespectful. Soft-hearted. Loyal.

Background: Known to have lived in America as a normal child before being exposed to [REDACTED-2], an Austrian Sealing Designate on the run from the Association. Was trained for an unknown length of time before [REDACTED-2] died, whereupon he traveled to England and signed up in the Clock Tower. Took up detective work and jobs as low-ranking security for traveling expeditions. After a year, he applied for Scribe certification and passed thanks to having inherited some of [REDACTED-2]'s Recording techniques. Played a critical role in the Giza incident. Was being investigated for possible Sealing, but on Lysander Archibald's recommendation, the investigation has since been closed.

Known Abilities:

Elementary magic, such as creating orbs of light or setting up basic barriers.

The trio of Alteration, Reinforcement, and Projection.

Element and Origin unknown.

Average number of low-quality magic circuits.

Magic Crest in form of two wings on back. Speculated to have been based partially on [REDACTED-2]'s design. Used to Record sensations, thoughts, and experiences. Different from memory, these recordings are infallible and are stored as individual feathers in each wing. Was used to attain high-class Scribe certification. Can be nearly continuously active without requiring significant input of magical energy due to functioning primarily within the body. May absorb and reproduce documents and writings onto paper. Has been observed at least once to act semi-autonomously in restoring and maintaining the user's mental well-being. Is thought to contain a duplicate of the user's mind and memories. Has on one occasion been drawn on to impose upon the present body a past state of being, e.g. returning a broken limb to a recorded point in time where it was functional. This state may only be maintained for a few seconds, and likely places a great stress on the user's circuits and body. While Sealing Designate [REDACTED-2]'s Crest tied into the goal of reaching Akasha through observing the soul's original journey to and from the Swirl of the Root, this Crest seems to be reserved solely for simple Recording.

A whip made up of Etherlite. User does not appear to know how to wield it properly.

Several mundane armaments that fire runic ammunition. As of now, a handgun, long-range rifle, and double-barreled shotgun have been observed. Possibly a military-grade anti-tank experimental rocket launcher as well, and other weapons stolen from the British Army. Rather than firing bullets with Celtic runes on them, each weapon's firing hammer has been modified to engrave a specific rune onto whatever bullet it strikes. Upsides of this method are the ability to use normal ammunition, saving in terms of expense. Because of this, each weapon is limited to only a single effect at a time depending on which part is used, though it appears that varying the amount of magical energy put into each shot may also produce a slight variation in effect.

Note: Subject has displayed no skill in runic magecraft, and was shown to be unable to recreate runes after their destruction. Evidence suggests an acquaintance is responsible for creating and maintaining such weapons. Magus [REDACTED-3] from the Geological department is strongly suspected of providing this service, and has been seen conversing and drinking with the subject on numerous occasions.

Conclusion: No further observation is required. Risk of subject posing a threat to the Association is low. Risk of subject discovering something worth Sealing is nonexistent.

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries

the moment I realized I was reading a Clock Tower assessment…
    Not only is it a good character sheet, it's actually very fun to read.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    So... I had a thought for a first-gen Magus who got himself involved in the Fourth Grail War because he was one of Ryuunosuke's victims from before the canonical Caster was summoned. Unfortunately, I don't have much in the way of an idea where I was going with his abilities, and so on. I'll get back to this as soon as I can.
    Xamusel's Fanfiction Profile

For those that don't necessarily care if my fics aren't all Type-Moon related.

Hmm... this is a bit of a surprise these days.

An archive of my works on the forum that's pretty accurate.

Note that I don't wish to be seen as an idiot any longer. I can't always promise better works than before, but I can sure as hell try, alright?

マリーの味方
    thanks for the update, keep us posted

Blog Entries
    To answer the question as posed by Arashi, you remember that kid who was sacrificed to Gilles? The kid who we saw on screen, but never knew what his story was? That's who I mean... an example of a what if scenario where the kid got out of that mess alive.

Note that I don't wish to be seen as an idiot any longer. I can't always promise better works than before, but I can sure as hell try, alright?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    good luck kid

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, because even if Caster isn't summoned Ryuunosuke's plan was to kill the kid.

Ryuunosuke's victims are sorta dead, else regular police would've been able to track the guy from eyewitness accounts and all.

Blog Entries
    I get that, I really do... thing is, this character is a First-Gen magus that had summoned a Servant (Caster) instead of Ryuunosuke doing so.

Like I said, though, I'll get back to you guys on the details.