Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 36789101318 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-a-Mage

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Speaking of Erysichthon, why do I imagine a Berserker-Class individual with a NP that turns himself into a black hole, killing himself in the process?
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Asunder's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    venmonking was responsible in that I probably wouldn't have written this down if I didn't see that this thread was active again. But I've been playing around with this character in my head for a while. Familiar aborption has been a thing since Nero Chaos, whose magecraft was the basis from where I started designing Shishi.

Also does anyone know if Shishi is actually a believable japanese name? It was done as a reference to Lio the Lion and his similar origin (consumption vs edacity).

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear Consensus View Post
    Why the fuck does everything have to be a Holy Grail War with you?
    For one thing, the Grail War was namedropped in his profile and it mentioned him needing a source of magical energy powerful enough to satiate the worm inside him, which fits the Grail to a T. So, I'm not exactly bringing this up out of left field. Oh, and can you ask a single fucking question without fucking swearing up a fucking storm? Seriously, it wouldn't hurt you to be a bit more fucking polite. Fucking.

Don't be like this guy from Taboo Tattoo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zh1212 View Post
    Speaking of Erysichthon, why do I imagine a Berserker-Class individual with a NP that turns himself into a black hole, killing himself in the process?
    Now that you mentioned it, I basically envision him the same way. Never bothered to do a sheet for him though because Asterism (I think?) wrote up a pretty definitive one a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear Consensus View Post
    Why the fuck does everything have to be a Holy Grail War with you?
    Obviously tone is hard to convey on the internet, but this seems a little needlessly hostile to me.

Holy Grail Wars are pretty neat concept.

Besides, as per the OP of this thread: "Feel free to dump your OC's and custom masters here." So I wouldn't say that it's crazy to speculate what a character in this thread would look like as a master.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Asunder View Post
    Also does anyone know if Shishi is actually a believable japanese name? It was done as a reference to Lio the Lion and his similar origin (consumption vs edacity).
    Mages in general seem to have funny names, exhibit A - the entire mage association. Failing which you could always say it's a nickname or whatever.

Anyways, getting lots of /SF and tsuki vibes of this guy and he could fit into both settings pretty nice. Especially the latter.

JP Friend Code
    Grail Wars are ok.

Grail War fics are Bad Civilization.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 4score7years View Post
    Obviously tone is hard to convey on the internet, but this seems a little needlessly hostile to me.
    Yeah, generally speaking I try not to swear (at people, not just saying "this character is fucking badass" or similar) unless I'm either obviously joking or sincerely annoyed at someone. Even in the former case, I'll often end up touching up my posts shortly after writing them up to nix excess profanity that I feel doesn't add to the overall content.

People who throw F-bombs around willy-nilly tend to strike me either as really goofy (such as the character above) or constantly angry. Or both.

Quote Originally Posted by Magikewl View Post
    Grail Wars are ok.

Grail War fics are Bad Civilization.
    Cant make a shitty grail war fic if you never write anything

p dead meme but it works

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Even better when one never had the writing skills to begin with.

Last edited by SleepMode; May 20th, 2017 at 06:39 PM.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

Quote Originally Posted by Zh1212 View Post
    Even better when one never had the writing skills to begin with.

same tbh

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    venmonking was responsible in that I probably wouldn't have written this down if I didn't see that this thread was active again. But I've been playing around with this character in my head for a while. Familiar aborption has been a thing since Nero Chaos, whose magecraft was the basis from where I started designing Shishi.

Also does anyone know if Shishi is actually a believable japanese name?.
    p hipster. Usually has a third character
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    p hipster.
    So perfect for TM.

p hipster. Usually has a third character
    You mean like Saber of Red's Master, for example?

Or am I misunderstanding

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    So perfect for TM.
    good luck finding an average Japanese person who knows the characters

/firsthand knowledge on this one

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You mean like Saber of Red's Master, for example?

Or am I misunderstanding
    That's his last name
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lancer Seibah?

- - - Updated - - -

or
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    again last name
    and chunni as fuck

That's his last name
    Oh yeah, you're right. Wasn't really thinking.
    Last edited by 4score7years; May 20th, 2017 at 10:00 PM.

JP Friend Code
    So I decided to try and flesh my sheet for Shishi out a bit more. The Kaneki faceclaim was the best for centipede imagery but I didn't want him to be an expy. Though I think I might have drawn some more stuff from Kariya, if less suffering. Tell me if the additions feels alright.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So I decided to try and flesh my sheet for Shishi out a bit more. The Kaneki faceclaim was the best for centipede imagery but I didn't want him to be an expy. Though I think I might have drawn some more stuff from Kariya, if less suffering. Tell me if the additions feels alright.
    Seems solid to me, I think you've nailed every target you set out.

I think I should probably give this a shot again, been like a year since I did it last. This is the heavily reworked protagonist from a detective fic I thankfully never wrote.

==========================

Name: Garret O'Conners
    Family History: 7 Generations
    Alias: 'The Magic Detective' (Note that it's mainly himself who uses that)

Element: Ether
    Origin: Regret
    Circuit Quality: C
    Circuit Quantity: E (7)
    Circuit Composition: Regular

Talent: Insight
    Weakness: Maintaining Grudges
    Natural Enemy: Magus Killers
    Image Colour: Mixed Charcoal

Background:

Garret is the eldest twin of the O'Conners family. While the eldest is typically the inheritor of the family secrets, his younger brother possessed greater potential and aptitude; thus Garret had a relatively normal childhood. Despite being free from the constraints of mage society, he still attempted to teach himself the family craft but to no avail. His family did not resent them and his younger brother was happy to take the burden of the family magic, Garret was simply a son, a brother. He was happy.

However like many magi, true happiness never lasts. His brother and parents were killed and the family crest along with them. Spiralling into depression, his origin was awakened alongside his true magecraft. He saw into the past and witnessed the murder, granting him knowledge of the culprit and those who hired him. Lacking the means to actually do anything about it caused him to abandon the mage association entirely.
    Despite having no qualifications he now lives as a PI, using his unique abilities in secret to solve mostly mundane crimes however occasionally he gets a call from someone in the association asking for help.

Perhaps one day when he's built up enough favours he can have his revenge.

Personality:

Garret is a young man struggling with depression. After the death of his family and the loss of everything they built, he's become something of a nihilist. To him - No matter what, sometimes bad things just happen for absolutely no reason. However it would be hard to notice when interacting with him as he can be quite preppy, melodramatic and making rather bad jokes quite often. He's developed this front as running from your problems and pretending that they don't exist is a lot easier than actually dealing with them.

A common observation is that he's always drinking caffeine due to always being tired. As he's typically working till the early mornings regularly or chasing up clients on bills; physical tiredness isn't the issue. Regardless, his 'Coping Mechanism' can make interacting with him difficult.

Abilities:

Retrocognition:
    A
    Druids of the past possessed a form of future sight that allowed for creations of prophecies by observing the nature of the world.
    Garret naturally possesses a reversed version that allows him to reconstruct the events of the past by observing the nature of the world. By being present at a location and looking at an object he can see how it was used during an event he is thinking of that took place; for example by entering the scene of a theft or murder he can see in his mind a reconstruction how the events occurred.
    At points of extreme physical or emotional duress, the ability will activate automatically as he has not fully mastered its effects. Furthermore there is much about the ability he simply doesn't know, like where it's a type of Mystic Eye, inner Reality Marble etc. Though these wild speculations are incorrect, he keeps it secret should the Mage Association deem it be worthy of a Sealing Designation.

Rune Magic:
    -
    The possession and ability to use runes. His families' magecraft was based around the usage of runes, specifically the use of Ogham, the Irish runic system, known to be too cumbersome to use in the heat of battle. While his relatives had bypassed the weakness of this system, being able to lay runes with speed and precision, Garret was… utterly incompetent. However as he doesn't reveal his Retrocognition due to fear of gaining a Sealing Designation, he pretends that this is his true magecraft system. Just don't ask for a demonstration.

==========================