Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 478910111419 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-a-Mage

somewhere on some continent, in some random city of some merit.
    Hmm, just need some clarification the closest thing modern magus have to a phanatasm is a reality marble right? Cuase I always wanted to make a Mage who used one, it just opens so many possibilities.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by venomking View Post
    Hmm, just need some clarification the closest thing modern magus have to a phanatasm is a reality marble right? Cuase I always wanted to make a Mage who used one, it just opens so many possibilities.
    Hi sorry, though I am lacking in knowledge on such matters I believe that if you mean Noble Phantasm the closest any mage I can think off having one is Bazett who possesses one. It is incredibly difficult to possess a Noble Phantasm and use it to the same standard as a Servant. There are some objects and spells that are exceptions to this rule but regardless there are still very powerful Mages out there as Reality Marbles are not the only option in such matters. Sorry if that didn't help properly. I'm sorry to say that I've found this thread now so I'll probably just ruin it like I have the other, sorry.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, Bazett has a genuine Noble Phantasm from the Age of Gods passed down her family's bloodline but she's a highly unusual exception. For most Magi, a Reality Marble is probably the closest you can get to an NP.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gray from Case Files also possesses a genuine Noble Phantasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    at the great cost of becoming a saberface
    dats some kirby genie shit right there you know
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

name: sel araíndate
    alignment: chaotic evil.
    family history: 20 generations.
    appearance: a young man of unknown origins born in the early 2000's he was born a the last heir to the araíndate family, as his entire family expect him was killed, do to his family legacy he was a gifted with the family "eyes of instant knowledge" which allowed him to learn thousands of magecraft, eventually when he grew around 15 he decided to take up assassinations, and was given jobs by the mage society to hunt down heretical mages who broke the laws of magic, for a while this was working out quite well, and he even took the title "mage killer" which had originally been kiritsugu emiyas. however when he faced a mage who used a reality marble, he took interest into the magecraft, as it is was the first mrgecrafthe faced he couldn't just copy and use. and he began exporting with reality marbles, however eventually the mage society found out what he was doing, and sent many mages to hunt him down, however none of them were able to kill instead dyeing themselves. he know lives seclusion hiding from the mage society, and continuing his experiences, hoping to crete e permanent bend on reality.

magecraft and skills.
    "eyes of instant knowledge" A++
    this is a magecraft asked down to all heirs of the araíndante family, it is a magecraft which allows the user to instantly understand and be able to use whatever magecraft they have seen, with the exception of phantasmal magic, and reality marbles. the appearance of the magecraft is red magic circle on the right eye and a blue one on the left, the rights its as scanner or tracer which tells the user how the magecraft works and how to use it instantly, while the left acts as an storage for all magecraft learned and allows the user to use any magecraft he has seen at anytime he wishes so long as the left eye is active. it unknown how many magecrafts sel has, but he does seem to have preference for a form of magecraft which lets him change the martial of things such as changing a deck of cards into steel or magic items.

realty deck, A+++
    this si the pentacle of his research into a reality marble, he posses a deck of ten cards, each and holds a reality marble, the cards act as containers and cataclysm for activation and make the reality marbles his when activated, once a card is use date reality marble is activated regardless of the typical use for activation(for example if he UBW he would not need to say it chant altho as he likes to insight fear and despair in his opponents he might still say chant after taking the reality marble.)
    once used the acrd cannot be used for at least a day and will remain blank, altho they can now be used to capture another reality marble but they loose the other reality marble in the process, being returned to the original owner if still alive.
    the current reality marbles he posses are 5 with the 5th being his own are as follows.
    1st card: nightmare. a powerful reality marble which takes the fears of every person present in the reality marble and allows to be used as a weapon by the owner of the reality marble, this one his most used.

2nd card: sentinel golem reality. it was used originally by a man obsessed with golems, and allows for the instant certain of any golem that the user is able to generate in there head, it not very powerful by itself but the golems created can be very powerful.

3rd card: the game reality: in this reality the apearcne of the reality takes up the game word of whatever game the user wants to play, and the tear fuels of reality fit the rule son the game. for example says they play chess. if the user says rook then both "Players come rooks only bale to attack forwards , backward for sideways".

4th card: the lawful reality. It is reality which takes what one bealaves should be followed or laws that every one should follow and turns it into a weapon the user can use for example (peaple should not be allowed to kill, so everyone in the reality marble cannot kill.) or it takes the laws or codes his opponents follow and uses allows him to use it against them( for example if this version of the reality marble were to be used on emiyas, emiyas live for everyone else policy would become an absulute law he had to follow)

5th card : the reality of control. This is sells own reality marble, and his most powerful as well, it takes A complete copy of anything within a 45 mile radius. In this reality sel can can control anything copied, turning it Into anything he wants, moving them, shifting gravity, in this way he could be considered as powerful as a near God in this reality marble, although the reality marble cannot last longer then 3 to 5 minutes. And will leave completely drained of mana. This is the reality en wishes to perms try impose on the world.
    Last edited by venomking; May 22nd, 2017 at 06:02 PM.

Blog Entries
    this is a magecraft asked down to all heirs of the araíndante family, it is a magecraft which allows the user to instantly understand and be able to use whatever magecraft they have seen, with the exception of phantasmal magic, and reality marbles. the appearance of the magecraft is red magic circle on the right eye and a blue one on the left, the rights its as scanner or tracer which tells the user how the magecraft works and how to use it instantly, while the left acts as an storage for all magecraft learned and allows the user to use any magecraft he has seen at anytime he wishes so long as the left eye is active. it unknown how many magecrafts sel has, but he does seem to have preference for a form of magecraft which lets him change the martial of things such as changing a deck of cards into steel or magic items.
    Although I have no room to be criticising your work, my own is even worse in many respects, the initial ability is far past dangerous. In the Nasuverse Mystery is power, it is a fundamental force that underpins Magecraft and many other systems in the World. As such having a Mage who possesses a Sorcery Trait (I assume you meant Sorcery Trait instead of Magecraft.... because it is far worse if this is MAGECRAFT) that can grasp essentially any Mystery instantly is in itself far too overpowered. Sha Nagba Imuru is less powerful than this in some respects, and that is a Noble Phantasm. As a further development on my point this person probably wouldn't exist as this is a Sorcery Trait (Even more OP if Magecraft) which would have been instantly noticed by the Mages Association and put down for a Sealing Designation, his family would have been sealed off a long time ago. Really I understand that you are trying to do good here but I can only offer the advice of revising your understanding of Type Moon concepts and other sheets. Although all my work is awful and could be described as nothing more than derivative you have the opportunity to improve upon your sheets so regardless of other criticisms this could be improved through a better understanding of the Nasuverse as a whole, then other characters to see what niches haven't been filled.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post

Retrocognition:
    A
    Druids of the past possessed a form of future sight that allowed for creations of prophecies by observing the nature of the world.
    Garret naturally possesses a reversed version that allows him to reconstruct the events of the past by observing the nature of the world. By being present at a location and looking at an object he can see how it was used during an event he is thinking of that took place; for example by entering the scene of a theft or murder he can see in his mind a reconstruction how the events occurred.
    At points of extreme physical or emotional duress, the ability will activate automatically as he has not fully mastered its effects. Furthermore there is much about the ability he simply doesn't know, like where it's a type of Mystic Eye, inner Reality Marble etc. Though these wild speculations are incorrect, he keeps it secret should the Mage Association deem it be worthy of a Sealing Designation.
    Does he take his hat off to use his Ahoge for the Retrocognition?

Blog Entries
    would the mark on said red right eye involve one to three commas, depending on how much the user has mastered it

no, not a sharingon. also they weren't sealed because the mage society used them as assassins. why do you think he become an assassin? i mean ill add that in when i do my final edit on it. but right now I'm still thinking of what to do with his 4th and 5th reality marble. and it can't see mystery as i felt that should automatically be attributed towards a phantasms and is why eh can't understand or use phantasmal magic.

Blog Entries
    why do you think he become an assassin?
    Well it's not like I immediately think "Oh yeah he's an assassin, must run in the family"

sorry i felt sorta of defensive. sorry if i offended you. but yea his family is that of assassins.

Blog Entries
    sorry i felt sorta of defensive. sorry if i offended you. but yea his family is that of assassins.
    I'm sorry to have been a bother. Additionally it's understandable considering how aggressive people can be sometimes so it's not a problem sorry

also tp the question of three comas no. but if he masters it it does gain around 4 to 5 magic cirlces and looks cool and demonic, but for a basic look think cidl phantamhied from black butler.

- - - Updated - - -

also its sorta like on par with shikis and SHIKIS "eyes of direct death" and also ti takes up a lot of mana. and also just cause knows and unsterands how to use magecraft doesn't mean he can, his own mana has to be taken into account. in the end his most dangerous ability is his 5 reality marbles.

- - - Updated - - -

and his ability to capture reality marbles. altho i do wonder any ideas on how you think he might try to go after emiyas reality marble, and eye he knows emiya has reality marble, still thinking of hwow hell figure that out, but in any case he just knows you know?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sherlock1110 View Post
    Does he take his hat off to use his Ahoge for the Retrocognition?
    All ahoges are hair shaped antenna.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    All ahoges are hair shaped antenna.
    It's his mystic code

Hmm, never been a fan of mystification codes, I'm like unusual magic traits, orgion based magic, or powerful magic passed from generation to generation as it allows for more creative magic.

Ok added his final two reality marbles what do you think of em. just so you know the fifth is sopposed to be OP as hell, I kinda wanted somone as strong as bezzet was in the fate prissma illya or camparingly strong.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Asunder's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Name: Monjia Crom Windsor.
    Alias: Gorgon of White
    Element: Earth, Wind
    Magecraft: Reinforcement, Amplification
    Talents: Healthy Body, Haircare
    Weakness:
    Phobia
    Blades

Natural Enemy: Emiya Shirou

Background: The only child of career spell-casters and the first of her line to truly embrace what it means to be a magi. If the choice was hers, a life of academia would be most pleasant but debts incurred by her parents have forced her to seek a more lucrative career as an occasional freelancer. While unlikely, the dream of wiping out her debt in one go by taking in a
    Sealing Designation
    big game
    and retiring to a life of study remains strong, even though recent shifts in the Association has lowered the already small opportunities available. Piercing eyes and the sight of her in battle has resulted in her alias, and though there are some occasional objections, the titled does not protest very strongly.

Abilities:

Weave of Samson: A female magi's Hair is her life, a rare commonality among those that embrace heresy and secrecy. Windsor is one that from birth has taken this tradition to it's heights. Born from the Last Deception of the Last Biblical Judge, which bordered between lie and trust. The magi's hair is woven together from seven locks, the essence of 1100 spiritually enhanced pieces of silver and treated with a lather, all following hidden principles that Windsor's parents acquired on their final mission. As the weave grows and strengthens with the magical power contained within, it becomes a powerful tool of amplification that when reinforced can become as hard as diamond and serves easily as both offense and defense. Rarely do Windsor's own hands need to get dirty as once invoked, the weave moves according to simple Single Actions. But if needed, using the weave as a foci and channeling this great strength into one's body to wreck havoc directly is a simple matter.

While this mystery has several stringent aspects to it, one of it's strengths is that it is also one of the least invasive methods of elemental realignment still viable in the modern age. This mystery centered around the highest point of the body, brings one closer towards the celestial aspects of the World and in doing so grants the user with the element of Wind and minor bodily protection from earthly impurities.

Another of this mystery's great attributes lies in it's final working that exists as a both a gift to any magi and a danger. A person's strength must inevitably fails them but while it still remains, something can be accomplished. 'Ending' their life as a magi, severing the weave and working it into a craft essence can empower any gifted it with the reserve of strength that one has worked their life to nurture. This cannot be taken from the magi or stolen from the recipient without degrading it to the level of any other magi's hair, only by being freely given to another can this mystery be preserved and passed on. For any magi, the desire to pass this on to their child would be great but unlike the Crests used by western magi no limitation of bloodline exists. The only limit is one of trust.

Mystic Codes:
    Gloves of Ruach: Designed for the sole purpose of treating her hair. Rejecting the possibility of impurities both spiritual and physical when rejuvenating one's tresses, these 'gloves' are designed to allow protection from such contaminants while granting enhanced dexterity to better perform the ritual.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Windsor: Have to say, I really like how you described her hair ability. The mythical allusions and what-not feel very authentically "Nasu-ish" (for lack of a better word).

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Name: Vittorio Palestralle
    Alias: Cantor
    Element: Wind
    Circuit Quality: B
    Circuit Quantity: C
    Circuit Composition: Standard

Talent: Composition
    Weakness: Deafness
    Natural Enemy: Sore Throat
    Image Colour: D-major

Background:

The youngest child and heir of the sprawling Palestralle family of mages, and current possessor of their magic crest. Using their music-based magecraft, the Palestralles seek to understand the Root by composing and performing a song based on the Musica Universalis, the fabled Music of the Spheres, the expression of the movement of the universe as a harmony. Unlike most mage families, the Palestralles have many members due to their Sorcery Trait of Harmony: their members can entwine their spellcasting together into a symphony of magic that is much greater than the sum of its parts. As such, to find an heir, they organize a vast competition amongst their members to root out the most talented to conduct their orchestra, a competition that was won by Vittorio. With the magic crest implanted in his vocal folds, he represents his family’s hope for the future.

Personality:

Best described as a ‘reluctant magus’, he dislikes the responsibility that was thrust on him at a young age and has neglected his training as a result. A free spirit who drifts through life, he is a troublemaker who stirs up problems wherever he goes and will only do things because he feels like doing so at the time. Despite this, he genuinely loves music, but being pushed into it has soured his love, and he shies away from it to be contrary. Though an adult in years, he still has the mentality of an adolescent and is struggling to find his place in the world. He embraces modern technology as a way of scorning his traditionalist ancestors.

Abilities:

Performance Magecraft: The Palestralle family’s brand of spellcrafting, with the use of music as a medium. A branch of magecraft with a pedigree that stretches back to the Age of Gods. By creating Mystic Codes in the form of musical instruments, they cause magical effects to occur as the music is played. Though this method allows for the instant casting of powerful spells that would usually require a significant incantation, the spell’s effects will only last for as long as the music is still being played; the moment it stops, the effects wear off. As such this school of magic favours spells that have a continuous effect, such as spells to induce sleep or drain life. The Palestralles have also mastered the art of using sound offensively, combining it with their air element to create destructive blasts of pure noise, and incapacitating with piercing whistles. Obviously, the spells that inflict mental effects are useless if one is unable to hear them. However, their nature as sound allows them to bypass physical defences.

With the family magic crest wrapped around his throat, Vittorio can activate magic simply by singing. Alone among his family, he can double the power of his spells by using the incantations as lyrics to his songs. With his voice as a medium, he can instantly create powerful bounded fields. Even without singing, he can use his voice as a medium for hypnotising people. As a drawback, overusing his ability strains his voice and he currently lacks the stamina to sing for long periods of time. If he were to properly apply himself, his talent could be fully realized, but for now he is distinctly average. He possesses a Mystic Code known as the Voice of Psyche that can project and amplify sound over a long distance. It is essentially a microphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.