Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2567891217 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-a-Mage

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    magi are geeks
    atlas ppl are nerds

deepest lore being broken into right here
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    people who like steampunk can be geeks
    someone in atlas designed the steampunk outfits
    ergo there are people in atlas that can be geeks
    my logic is flawless and totally not full of fallacies

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Yes but have Atlas Alchemists been on reality tv shows?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Yes but have Atlas Alchemists been on reality tv shows?
    Hmm... Which network would air the Moon Cell Grail War?

somewhere on some continent, in some random city of some merit.
    name:venom king(i can't be the only one)
    alignment: chaotic evil.
    dislikes: grammer, mages, cures, and heroes of justice(primarily emiya shirou)

background: taken at a young age by the assenting group which trained casters master(pc won't accept his name) he grew up admiring casters master and his admiration of him only grew when he defied the group and left, he was unaware of casters masters death until years afterwards were the group was taken out by the catholic church(they attempted to use a banned magic) and was taken under there wing to become an executioner, after years of grueling training, and surviving an experiment eh come out a perfect mage killer, vowing vengeance against emiya shirou.

magecraft and skills.
    scale harden, A
    an abilty he gained from obsorbing a rare reptilian familiar after killing it master. Scale harden gives defence equivalent to Baltic proof armor, and has a unwound abilty absorb mana from magic based attacks giving it directly to him, however it cannot absorb atacks from explosive based mana atacks, or from any A rank magic attacks, but the defence brought by scale harden would probably keep the atacks from killing him.

Poisness delusion, B.
    A podia mess vapor is released from his mouth, it cost him damage, but if a Mage breaths in the vapor, it will cuase them to go into a dilluasinal state, and not be able to focus enough to use magecraft, and will slowly kill them, although any method of healing magic will erase the affects.

Venomouse bite, A.
    He grows large Incensors in his mouth which holds a deady venom, if he able to bite a living person, the venom will directly target there Mage circuits, and cuase un repairable damage to them, affectingly killing them.

snake.
    The assination technique used by casters master in the fifth holy grail war, by combining it with scale harden it is equally as dangerous.

Familar absorbtion , B++.
    A rare skill passed unto magic circuits by birth by his parents, belaver to be a Mage family which hid itself away from even the Mage society. It allows him to absorb a familiar and inter grate there abilties in a way most usable for him.
    Last edited by venomking; May 20th, 2017 at 05:39 PM.

Blog Entries
    I have to say

that is irredeemably bad

the only way it could be more 13 years old is if bedtime was in his list of dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    I have to say

that is irredeemably bad

the only way it could be more 13 years old is if bedtime was in his list of dislikes
    Especially bad since the OP is (at least going by his own testimony) like 56 years old or something. Not that you'd ever know from his posts here...

- - - Updated - - -

Even aside from the grimderp and general silliness ("grammar" as one of his dislikes, really?) I can't help but ask... why does he "vow vengeance against" Shirou? From the backstory you provided, it doesn't seem like he's ever even met the dude, yet alone had any reason to ferment animosity for him. (And it's not like Shirou is particularly famous in Magi circles)

Blog Entries
    Since this thread seems to be going through a revival lately (even if one of... dubious origins) I figure I might as well post some of my own stuff here. Might end up a little cliché or whatever, but I hope it can be at least of some interest.

Name:
    Jezebiah Kirkland

Appearance:

Magecraft: Alchemy

Circuit Quality: C

Circuit Quantity: B

Backstory: Jezebiah hails from the once-prestigious Kirkland family of Magi in the American South. After the South's crushing defeat in the Civil War, the Kirkland family underwent a severe decline and secluded itself from the world. The last hope of a dwindling lineage, Jezebiah is sent to participate in a certain Holy Grail War to reverse the South's defeat in the Civil War and restore his family's glory.

Personality: A calm and composed man who projects the dignified air of a gentleman. Jezebiah is in truth an exceedingly cruel man as well as a fanatical racist, regarding Africans and native Americans as subhuman filth. While a decently skilled alchemist, he is overbearingly confident in his strengths and disdains at the possibility that "inferior trash" could ever defeat him.

Basically, my idea for his character is that he'd be a mid-boss level antagonist in a Grailfic based in America. His Servant would be the Berserker Class William Sherman, chosen so he would savor the exquisite irony of turning the Union's most valiant defender into the destroyer who burns it to ashes from within. Any thoughts?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by venomking View Post
    name:venom king(i can't be the only one)
    alignment: chaotic evil.
    dislikes: grammer, mages, cures, and do gooders(primarily emiya shirou)

background: taken at a young age by the assenting group which trained casters master(pc won't accept his name) he grew up admiring casters master and his admiration of him only grew when he defied the group and left, he was unaware of casters masters death until years afterwards were the group was taken out by the catholic church(they attempted to use a banned magic) and was taken under there wing to become an executioner, after years of grueling training, and surviving an experiment eh come out a perfect mage killer, vowing vengeance against emiya shirou.

Just quoting for posterity
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.

simple he's based around the UBW route, and i to work fast so my grammar took a huge hit. anyways he figured out the identity of archer who killed the man he admired, finding out that it was a version of emiya in a distant future, so to him killing emiya shire is the same as killing the heroic spirit EMIYA. also i was kind try to make fun of my own inability to wright properly, so i put grammar as joke. also two years, I'm pretty sure someone who can project NPs would gain some level of notoriety among the mage circle, i mean its not like emiya was hiding that particular skill, so i estimated that say two years after the holy grail war before he gained some notoriety.

Blog Entries
    simple he's based around the UBW route, and i to work fast so my grammar took a huge hit. anyways he figured out the identity of archer who killed the man he admired, finding out that it was a version of emiya in a distant future, so to him killing emiya shire is the same as killing the heroic spirit EMIYA. also i was kind try to make fun of my own inability to wright properly, so i put grammar as joke. also two years, I'm pretty sure someone who can project NPs would gain some level of notoriety among the mage circle, i mean its not like emiya was hiding that particular skill, so i estimated that say two years after the holy grail war before he gained some notoriety.
    Erm... EMIYA didn't kill Altram (Medea's Master). Medea herself did that. Did you mean to say he admired Medea, her Master or both?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post

Basically, my idea for his character is that he'd be a mid-boss level antagonist in a Grailfic based in America. His Servant would be the Berserker Class William Sherman, chosen so he would savor the exquisite irony of turning the Union's most valiant defender into the destroyer who burns it to ashes from within. Any thoughts?
    The main thing between a Master and a Servant is their relationship and dynamic - much like how Diarmuid and Kayneth had the reenactment of his legend (Lancer serves a dude and his fiancé ends up falling in love with diarmuid) Gilles and his master are a perfect match while Arturia and Kiritsugu are the worst match.
    Tieing into the Servants identity and how it would work in whatever fic/to the characters would appear is good going.

You haven't mentioned what he does with his alchemy in particular though so that's a bit vague.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The main thing between a Master and a Servant is their relationship and dynamic - much like how Diarmuid and Kayneth had the reenactment of his legend (Lancer serves a dude and his fiancé ends up falling in love with diarmuid) Gilles and his master are a perfect match while Arturia and Kiritsugu are the worst match.
    Tieing into the Servants identity and how it would work in whatever fic/to the characters would appear is good going.

You haven't mentioned what he does with his alchemy in particular though so that's a bit vague.
    Unfortunately I haven't really thought the alchemy part through. Most of it was just the character concept.

Blog Entries
    There's literally no way he could figure out archer's identity though. And i seem to remember rin saying something about him being targeted for sealing or murder/dissection if anyone ever found out he had a reality marble, so he'd probably try to keep the whole thing a secret.

also poison and venom are essentially synonyms, unless your character is literally producing toxins within his own body and using a body part to inject it into someone else
    Last edited by Neir; May 19th, 2017 at 04:55 PM.

Yes,he does. Kinda more like a transformation. Essentially my idea is the Catholic Church made him an anti-Mage by attempting to combine his soul and body with familiars, and while I'm aware that would normally kill anyone, in the case of this Mage he has an unusual magic which lets him absorb familiars with expert ion do servents and take there abilties for his own.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just kinda choosing to take some time on the actual skills and magecraft for him.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, he's not me. He's not a Mage version of myself is just like the name venomking a lot. Why would I do that, that would be to difficult I mean serious all I got to work with is a bad Gilgamesh meme and a username.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Asunder's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Name: Shishi Fujou
    Alias:
    Preta
    Peter
    Pan
    Element: Ether
    Origin: Edacity
    Circuit Quality: B/E-A(?)
    Circuit Quantity: C/A++(?)
    Circuit Composition: Simple/Variable
    Magecraft: Spiritual Invocation,
    Spells
    Curses
    (Kodoku)
    Talents: Flexibility,
    Insults
    Curses

Weakness: Long term planning
    Natural Enemy: Sion Eltnam Atlasia, Kirie Fujou
    Image Color: Blue-Black

Background: The last male child of the Fujou family. His parents perished in a sad but mundane incident while his sister now wastes away from a terminal illness. His own survival when he should have died with his parents was not a result of luck, but of his mother performing an almost instinctive cantrip to supplement his existence with her own spirit to save him. That should have been the end of it, but in doing so she instilled an misunderstanding in her child. For when medicine failed to heal his sister, is it any surprised that Shishi would look to magecraft to save her?

Of course no magecraft he could learn would change her fate and instead he has only twisted his own karma. Having allowed his own body to be possessed by familiars and hoping to use the technique to strengthen his sister, his own spirit has begun to collapse. Desperately stealing western magecraft to correct his mistake and
    Spiritual Autophagy
    sublimate the spirit of the familiars
    before it could break him, the only thing that has been furthered is his fall. His body has now progressed to a container of something resembling that of a nascent Kodoku, something that is both of him and disconnected from him. Truly life has become a progression of exchanging one problem for another.

Now his only hope is to acquire a force of magical energy powerful enough to sate the worm and break this chain.

Personality:
    Possessing a mentality younger than even his youthful appearance would imply and which would likely benefit from more self-reflection. Shishi speaks with untempered words, prone to using child-like wording and even resorting to
    insults
    curses
    . This is not a deception or act but rather the result of an upbringing with a few gaps. Nevertheless when aiming towards an objective, it will be pursued to the end. Rarely will he stop, even between objectives, excepted when faced with a singular
    weakness
    person

While endangered by it's existence, Shishi does not hold much personally against the Worm, viewing their current situation as a simply a result of his own failings. As such he will depend on it unhesitatingly when needed in combat. While his own death is something he will fight to no end to prevent, an end where they both die would simply be ridiculous.

Abilities:
    Robust Health D+: The remnants of the Fujou clan's long history of allowing themselves to be possessed by gods and spirits. Their bodies and spirits are more durable than that of normal individuals to better bear the burden of these possessions. But as the age has progressed, this attribute has degraded enough that even natural illnesses can overcome them. Shishi's own steps into the art of magecraft has allowed him to regain more of this ability, but even that fortune might have just been an hidden piece of bad luck.

Hungry Worm: The result of a rough mix of eastern and western magecraft following principles similar to that of Theosophy. The main physical elements were initially that of simple familiar making and incorporating those beasts into the master's body. However these form of these familiars has been lost and their existence used to feed a large centipede shaped 'familiar' that nestles within Shishi.

Of their original form, only circuits remain for now, making the Worm's core akin to a living Magic Crest. Unlike that of the Matou or a certain Professor, this creature cannot be considered a standard physical familiar but more of a curse that possesses enough magical power to directly impact the physical world. It has not matured enough to escape the host's body entirely but sections can leave to interfere with the physical world.

Due to elements of witchcraft that utilized Shishi's own body, normal magical resistance will not be sufficient to negate this Worm and so physical defenses should be made. When dormant, the worm can be used to supply amounts of magical energy and even offers some innate enhancement to parameters but when active even the host cannot tell how the worm will act. Regardless, it should be obvious that equivalent exchange will always be upheld.

Preta Ourboros: An internal Bounded Field that offers no direct battle potential but can be considered an excellent piece of magecraft that recreates the essence of natural conflict. A spell of soul consumption that inflicts all spirits contained within him with Shishi's origin of Edacity, to result in what is essentially an embodiment of an Sin of Man. Spirits are imbibed in to part take into a
    Holy Grail War
    battle royale of gluttony
    , where the victor will feast on everything the loser has to offer and leave nothing behind.
    Last edited by Asunder; May 21st, 2017 at 06:50 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    sounds like something narita would do
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Fujou: Now that's a pretty cool Magi idea right there. It's occurred to me that in a Holy Grail War setting, the Servant he'd have the greatest compatibility with would likely be Erysichthon. Since they both have themes of insatiable hunger and an all-consuming spirit inside their bodies.

Also, the familiar absorption aspect strikes me as a (obviously massively better executed) version of what venomking wrote up. Was that intentional?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Fujou: Now that's a pretty cool Magi idea right there. It's occurred to me that in a Holy Grail War setting, the Servant he'd have the greatest compatibility with would likely be Erysichthon. Since they both have themes of insatiable hunger and an all-consuming spirit inside their bodies.

Also, the familiar absorption aspect strikes me as a (obviously massively better executed) version of what venomking wrote up. Was that intentional?
    Why the fuck does everything have to be a Holy Grail War with you?