Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Koukami - Fighting Kings of the New World (IC Thread)

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Zagrin's Avatar
    Albrecht von Kirchensittenbach
    Team Russia
    Urashima Island - Arena 7
    14th of July, 20XX
    14:58
    Wounds:
    28/36 SP: ??/?? CP: 10/200

As the smoke and dust began to settle one could begin to make out the figure of a lone man, still standing where he had stood his ground when he had thrust his body into the midst of danger for the sake of protecting his teammate.

"Hmm I see, it seems to be holding up a lot better than expected. Especially when I consider the supernatural manner in which those flames were delivered."

Though covered in some minor burns, Albrecht didn't seem to pay much mind to them as he dusted himself off and cleaned his glasses. In fact it seemed as though he had forgotten about the entire match for the moment as something else was now on his mind now that he had been struck by the Flames of Justice. Thankfully that didn't seem to last for too long as he turned to the one whom had struck him so, smiled...and began to clap.

"Well done, Held. That was quite the impressive attack, simply wunderbar! Ah wait...I'm not supposed to be complimenting the enemy, am I? Oh well."

Having realized the foolishness of what he said, Albrecht could only scratch the back of his head in embarrassing before turning his gaze to his injured, Russian teammate.

"Do not worry, my communist comrade! I've got your back as well, just hold on!"

And with that the doctor rushed to the side of his ally so that he may once again be the wall who stood against any assault!

Albrecht is now defending Sergei!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Team Europe
    Urashima Island - Arena 7 - Observation Area
    14th of July, 20XX
    14:59

As Calista naturally injected herself into the conversation she was having with Rosalind, a natural smirk arose on Anna’s face. The glint of amusement in her eyes further intensified, as the older woman started accosting her raven-haired teammate, causing a burst of laughter to erupt from the sandy blonde.

“Pfft…. Hahahahahah! I like you! Calista, right? But a Captain, really? Wouldn’t it be a bit chilly to be sailing the seven seas like that?” The girl let out another brief chuckle. “Or do you just stick to tropical waters with your sailing?”

Having said that, Annabel’s eyes suddenly become somewhat distant, almost as if lost in thought.

“But sailing around the world, huh…. Sounds fun. More fun than this tosh at least. If I had the choice, I probably wouldn’t have even come here in the first place. How about it?” Her eyes focused back on Callista and a grin surfaced on Anna’s face once more. “You have room for one more slob in your crew, once this thing is over and done with?”

"I thought we already discussed this, but physical contact this close is... forbidden, so please release me..."
    “Hoo? Forbidden, you say?”

That had obviously been the absolute wrong way to phrase things, as before anyone had even managed to react, Anna had stepped next to Rosalind's, her eyes crossing with the dark haired girl’s deep violet orbs. A teasing grin was visible in Anna’s eyes, as she seemed to take an almost disproportionate amount of joy from the distress of the younger girl.

With a rather mischievous glint in her eyes (or so it seemed to Rosalind at least), Annabel approached the other girl, her hands extended dangerously.

“Fufufufu… Rosalind, you can’t really say a word like that to a troublemaker like myself, you know.” The glint in her eyes intensified as her hands were now almost upon Rosalind. ”That is just like a siren’s call to…..”

A loud blast suddenly ripped throughout the battlefield, shaking the Arena to its very core. Waves of dust and wind blasted violently through the observation section, lifting the cans laying near the vending machines and chucking them violently throughout the room. Annabels discarded cape whipped in the wind, flung violently by the still raging winds. It was rather spectacular than that no-one noticed.

No, the eyes of all those present, even Annabel’s, were suddenly glued on the battlefield.

Anna’s voice was weak, almost completely bereft of its normal liveliness, as she gazed at the spectacle that was taking place on the battlefield.

“What the...fuck?”

Team Japan and Team Russia

14th of July, 20XX
    14:58

The second bout between the competitors started with a brilliant flash of blue.

Like a bolt of lightning rising towards the heavens, rather than striking down from it, Haruna flashed upwards, covering the two floors instantly. There was really no other way to put it. Even a “fraction of a second” was far too generous of an estimate at this point. She was lightning. There was no reason to classify this as anything but truly “Instant” motion. Before the host, the crowd, the other competitors, before even the shrine maiden next to whom the kunoichi had emerged from her dash, noticed her presence, Haruna brought down her blade in a picture perfect arc.

And then came the thunder.

CRAKCLE!

Damage Calculation - Haruna & Mihoshi
    Haruna - Arte Attack - Takamakuri
    Damage - Mihoshi - 8 Wounds
    [Minor Wound Gained - Mihoshi - Lagging Reflexes - Due to dulled reflexes, when using a Full Evasion the character still takes 20% of the incoming attack’s damage.]

Haruna - Physical Attack
    Damage Mihoshi - 1 Wound - Style Attribute Activated - When dealing damage to an enemy with a [Physical] type attack, the [Exhaustion 1] status effect is applied to the enemy.
    [Attribute Reduced - CLS E > CLS (-) - Melee Crafts sealed. Physical attacks cannot be used]

Total CP Gained - 10 (Haruna, Mihoshi)
    Total Wounds Received - 9 (Mihoshi)

“Wait, wha… I can…. In what could only be described as a flash of real lightning, Haruna Fujibayashi from Team Japan has climbed two floors and is now fighting with fighter Mihoshi! What incredible agility, I cannot believe what I have just seen!”

While Francesco was heaping praise upon the quick moving shinobi, the rest of the fighters leaped into action. Kaede was the first to react, her fist suddenly erupting in roaring fire. In lightning-fast jab aimed at the Russian assassin in front of her, the Japanese girl threw out a punch hard enough to shatter concrete. And one enough to burn any rock black as well, at that. Her blow, however, was, once again, blocked by Albrecht, whose face was set in a rather nonchalant expression at that, as crimson fire ran up and down his body.

“Baah, a Russian saved by a German. Where is this damn world coming to, I wonder.”

Battle Calculations - Albrecht & Kaede
    Kaede - Normal Attack (Element - Fire)
    Damage Dealt - Albrecht - 3 Wounds (2+1 from Fire Element)
    [Minor Wound Worsened - Albrecht - Considerable Burns - When receiving consecutive [Physical] attacks, the character takes two extra wounds for each consecutive attack dealt to him.]

Total CP Gained - 10 (Albrecht, Kaede)
    Total Wounds Recieved - 3 (Albrecht)

The duel between Daigo and Viola was also heating up, as the two slightly wounded figures grinned at each other in obvious battle lust. Daigo was the first to react with a quick dash, allowing him to clock the crimson eyed girl right at her solar plexus. Taking brutal advantage of her opponents brief disorientation, Daigo hand locked with Viola’s wrist. In an almost breathtaking arc, Daigo slammed his opponent into the floor with enough strength to leave a veritable crater in the floor, accompanied by an ominous blast of crimson power..

Despite the great pain, Viola flipped up from her back almost instantly and released her own, equally intense, counterattack.

Focusing her will, Viola focused for a second.

And vanished from sight.

Instantly appearing to the right of Daigo, the girl struck out before anyone could react. Then she appeared to the left of the demonic boy and delivered a sharp fist aimed at his kidneys. Then in front of him. Behind. Right again. Almost as if flickering in an out of existence, Viola delivered six strikes at the boy in front her in less than a second. And not just Daigo. Flickering like a wraith, through the battlefield, her figure also appeared next to Kaede, who also received a flurry of nigh-instant blows.

Viola’s figure suddenly appeared at her previous location, finished with her attack.

The sound of consecutive hits that suddenly echoed throughout the arena, following her reappearance, seemed to almost overlap and meld into a single sound.

Another fist suddenly struck Daigo in the back, sending an arc of blood into the air, as it seemingly cut through his body. True to his profession, the Russian assassin took advantage of the rather flashy attack launched by Viola, to suddenly appear behind Daigo and struck the younger boy in the back without any hesitation. His characteristic easygoing smile still on his face, Sergei retracted his blood covered fist.

Battle Calculations - Daigo, Viola, Kaede & Sergei

Daigo - Craft Attack - Oni Falling Hammer
    Damage Dealt - Viola - 6 Wounds (8 Wounds - 2 Wounds)
    [Status Effect Applied - Viola - Stun and Concussion - Character is moved to the last turn order next turn. Following the turn after that, the characters position on the turn track is lowered by two.]

Viola - Craft Attack - Cyclone Cross
    Damage Dealt - Daigo and Kaede - 1x11 - 6 (Daigo) and 5 (Kaede)
    Status Effect Applied - Daigo - Disoriented - ACT reduced by one rank for next turn.

Sergei - Normal Attack
    Damage Dealt - Daigo - 5 Wounds (2+3)
    [Minor Wound Received - Daigo - Lacerated Shoulder - Due to damaged tendons, it is somewhat difficult for you to focus your strength using normal methods. -1 Normal Attack Damage.]

Total CP Gained - 10 (Sergei, Kaede), 20 (Viola and Daigo)
    Total Wounds Received - 11 (Daigo), 5 (Kaede), 6 (Viola)

“You have strength. True will. Even if colored by blood, your hopes shine like brilliant stars in the sky of mankind.”

“However, the reality in this world of ours is grim and clouded. The hands of the rest of us are too feeble to grasp our dreams, as you can.”

“Therefore, I want to give mankind just a bit of that bravery that you have.”

“To ignite those ashen dreams once more. To steal back the glimmer of hope we have lost.”

“What a scuffle! Contestant Daigo struck out with an incredible throw against Team Russia's Viola Santiago, who followed it up with…
    well an amazing attack. I must apologize, even my eyes couldn’t catch what truly happened there, but there is no doubt that it greatly injured not only Daigo, but also contestant Kaede, who was standing further off. And to top it off, he was struck in the back by the “Viper of the Volga”!

“They really shouldn’t have let him roam the battlefield so freely. That man is a snake and like all snakes, they are at their best when hiding in the grass and biting at your heels.”

And then, suddenly, a cataclysm happened.

A massive wave of flame cut through the entire bottom floor of the battlefield, accompanied by yet another mad cackle from the rather ominous shrine maiden that stood higher up the tower. From the looks of things, Haruna’s attack, while quite dramatic had not managed to fully put down the raven-haired woman, who was now raining incredible destruction on the lower levels of the translucent tower.

Almost as of one mind, all remaining members, of both teams, ran like hell.

Daigo, Viola, Albrecht and Sergei all managed to evade massive explosion, as impossible as it sounded. Kaede however… was not quite capable of clearing it’s range. That is before Max Steele, who had now finished hyping up the crowd, charged back into the fray, grabbed the Japanese girl by his cuff and catapulted her out of the falling firestorms range. The blonde man even managed to give his remaining teammates a victorious thumbs up.

And then his form completely vanished under rolling waves of flame.

“What is this! Never in my years as a battle commentator have I seen selflessness like this! Max Steele sacrificed himself to throw his teammate out of death’s way. What a hero! There is no way…”
    The flames subsided a bit, revealing the supremely battered, but still standing form of Max Steele.

“He is alive! I don’t believe it! Max Steele is still standing after an attack like that!”

Damage Calculations - Mihoshi & Max
    Mihoshi - Yatagarasu - Sunfire
    Damage Dealt - Daigo, Viola,
    Albrecht, Sergei, Kaede - PERFECT EVASION/DEFENDED
    Damage Dealt - Max - 13 Wounds (18 Wounds - 30%)
    [Major Wound Dealt - Charred Arm - One of the characters arms is almost unusable. Crafts and Artes that require both arms are reduced in damage by 3 Wounds.]

Total CP Gained - 10 (Mihoshi, Max)
    Total Wounds Received - 13 (Max)

Style Update - Max

Real American Steel

A pro wrestler through and through, Max puts all of his power into his fearsome grapples. Opponents who keep away will slowly be backed into a corner as Max fearlessly advances with stunning strikes and stalwart defenses.

• When dealt more than 6 Wounds with a single attack ([Multi-Hit] skills are not counted), the overall damage of the attack is reduced by 30%.

“I will not ask for your forgiveness. It is not something that can be forgiven.”

“But I have no doubt that one day we will meet once more.”

“There would be no reason for us to out seek your light, otherwise.”

In the empty hall, a thin glass was raised in a solemn toast.

“May your travels from this point onwards be joyful and full of light, my children. And…”

The flames danced lazily across the battlefield, wreathing it in an azure glow.

Wait… azure?

Blinding blue light suddenly ran throughout Arena 7, as a massive circle of some kind lit into life underneath the fighters legs. The massive winds that had been circling the “Pillars of Dust” mere moments ago, were suddenly unleashed wreaking havoc on the entire, buffeting the entire place with a force equal to that of a hurricane, causing a wave of screams to erupt from the audience. The howling of the wind washed out all sound, as you couldn’t even hear the hosts words anymore, only an indistinct mumbling in the distance.

An ominous pulse ran through the entire arena.

You felt yourself being slammed into the ground with overwhelming force. No. Something was literally attempting to pull you through the ground. It was overbearing and unlike anything you had ever felt, even in all your years as a martial artist. Nothing in your past had been like this. Nothing.

Painful. Painful! PAINFUL!

Cracks formed along the surface of the giant pillar, widening with every moment. It didn’t take even a second for the pillar to completely shatter into glass fragments in a massive clowd of brilliant dust, sending everyone and everything on it tumbling down towards the ground. Everything was being pulled away this thing. Not just your flesh, which felt like it was being pulled from your bones, but not even your spiritual energy, the current of life that made you who you were, was exempt from this ruthless hand. And something else… something more.... something much more important… what was it again?

And then, in a blissful moment of release, your existence on planet Earth came to an end.

Last edited by Mellon; July 17th, 2016 at 06:08 PM.

Blog Entries

Everyone
    ????????? - Forest Clearing - Arena 7
    ?????????
    ?????????

Alien birds were singing amidst the forested clearing.

“What the hell is going on!?”

Approximately a hundred people stood in what could only be now called a crater. Massive chunks of concrete had torn through what seemed to be a rather dense forest. Torn stumps and shredded trees were literally everywhere, often accompanied by large gouges that had been dug out by the falling pieces of concrete. A bit further behind the crowd, a whole section of what used to be Arena #7 was lodged in the ground in a precarious-looking angle. The emphasis being on “a section”, as what remained of the once large construct looked as if it had been torn off the rest of the building by some giant’s arms. A bit further in the distance, you could see a large waterfall, which was miraculously unharmed by the storm of debris that had seared the area. If you focused your hearing for a second, you could hear the soft splashing sound of water falling on the rocks below.

The individual who had just been shouting maniacally was Francesco Abbiati, one of the individuals hosting the tournament you had just been participating moments ago. Or so it felt at least. However, looking at how the sun was was just now rising from the distance, you could hardly trust your own sense of time. Or anything, really. The Italian host’s face had completely changed from the jovial image that had been there during the tournament. The sheer shock the dark-skinned man was now undergoing had worn away the older man’s facade, leaving only a haggard looking man with terrified eyes. If things continued like this, then the Italian would no doubt have a mental breakdown in short order.

Almost as if mocking your thoughts, the suited man started hyperventilating.

And was almost instantly backhanded across his face.

“Get a grip, boy. If not for yourself, then at least for the children.”

Unlike his co-host, Vasili Kuznetsov’s face was seemingly cut from iron itself. The older man, while not overtly joyful, was seemingly in full control of the situation. It was he who had gathered all of you here and pulled many of the shell-shocked men and women out of their panicked states. It wouldn’t probably be a stretch to say that the only visible sign of change that had taken place around the retired soldier, was the presence of a young, brown-haired woman that seemed to follow him everywhere. Even now, the girl stood behind the older man, her eyes filled with an almost uncanny intensity.

True to his words, the visible gaggle of children in the middle of the group looked at Francesco’s manic form with fear-filled eyes. A circle formed out of their parents, who made up almost half of your little group, surrounded the children, their eyes burning with an uncanny sharpness, as they scanned their surroundings. Rather than being focused at anyone currently on the clearing, their eyes seemed to dart between the tall trees in the distance.

If even the birds in this blasted place weren’t natural, then what else could come barreling through that dense woodland at any moment?

A young man no older than twenty and dressed in yellow overalls with the Jinkai Corporation logo affixed to his back addressed the group.

There are one hundred and thirteen people currently here. Fifty-nine men, thirty-eight women and sixteen children.” The young mechanic nervously ran his hand through his hair in an evident effort to calm his frayed nerves. “If anyone else is here, then they must have ended up further from the arena. It is unlikely though. Everyone was… I mean they ended up generally in the same location, didn’t they”

It was clear what the man was referring to with his rather clumsy comment. All one-hundred and thirteen of you had woken up in some sort of… weird circle, after all. Its not that you were piled together in some kind of human mountain or something like that, no. You were all perfectly separated. By about… five inches? Perfectly spaced, almost unnaturally so, that you didn’t touch each other, yet were all stuffed in one, relatively small area. Even now you had to suppress your shiver on exactly, how… unnatural, the entire thing was.

“Thank you, Hiroshi-kun. Food?”

“Very little. Only what people had at hand during… the tournament. There should still be some vending machines in the arena, but I am not really certain about the structural stability of that place at the moment.”
    “Foraging?”

“We haven’t seen any wildlife around. For the better, probably. Even if we manage to catch something, we couldn’t be sure that they wouldn’t be poisonous. Likewise for any plants or berries around us. The trees look similar but are completely separate from anything that can be found back home. Or that is what Inamura-san told me.”

In the crowd, a rather elderly looking old woman gave a small encouraging smile at the younger boy. The raven-haired woman was an unknown factor to you, however. A businesswoman of some sort, judging by her suited appearance. Most likely an executive of some sort, judging from how at ease she seemed to be at handing out directions. In some ways, her composure reminded you of the old Russian general who had now dragged the rather pitiful Francesco a bit further away from the crowd.

Closing her eyes in thought, the purple-haired woman focused her thoughts for a second, before addressing the crowd once more.

“I will now reiterate our current situation to everyone..”

“We have, through unknown methods, ended up somewhere that is most assuredly not Urashima Island. We have no idea how far we have ended up or where specifically we are.”

Angry grumbling started to rise from the crowd. It was quite obvious that this was not an explanation that was that well liked by the people present. In many ways, you could understand their frustration. The need for someone to have a convenient explanation that would allow you to get back home by supper. Unfortunately, that was not the case right now and it would not be a stretch to call such grumbling rather childish and petulant. A desire to run away from facts and reality. A desire that might end up killing all of you here.

Luckily, the official-looking woman in front of you seemed rather skilled at defusing such discontent.

“Please, I understand the frustrations that many of you have, but none of us here are responsible for the current situation. It is in the best interests of us all to work together and try to figure out a way to get out of this unfortunate situation."

She lowered her head in a deep bow and her facade cracked for a second, her voice breaking for a second.”

Please.”

The crowd fell almost instantly back to silence.

“Thank you.”

The lady let out a slight cough of embarrassment before continuing.

“Now that we have established our situation, I would like to have a discussion with everyone on what specifically should we do from this point onwards. There are a lot of things that we do not know and a lot of things we need to do to survive.”

“What are the most important things we need to do right now?”

At those words, the clearing fell into rather animated discussion.

GM Notes

Okay. Welcome to the real Koukami.

This scene is what is considered an [Interlude]. Consider it basically an open discussion scene where all teams can chat with different NPCs or just talk amongst each other (both can convey different bonuses). Talking to NPCs might unlock more Weekly/Personal Actions, for example, or simply improve your relationship with them.

Once that has finished, you choose what is known as a [Weekly Action]. This is, in essence, the big thing your team will be doing for the week and will basically be a miniature arc covering your chosen action. Normally this would be followed by a [Personal Action] (which involves things like training, investigation, talking to NPCs, etc), but considering the circumstances of your sudden arrival, you will be stuck with just [Weekly Actions] for this week.

At this point, you can freely reconfigure your teams based on your desires. This is I said skills are important. During your actions, you may be faced with challenges that can be overcome via clever application of your skills. So keep in mind who and what goes to do something. Likewise, you can write a [Preparation Post] before initiating your [Weekly Action]. This is, in essence, making preparations, asking help, etc. Use common sense while writing these (if you want to write them, that is) to boost your chances of success.

The max number of Teams (and by extension of Personal Actions you can undertake) is 3. Minimum 3 people in each team, but everyone has to be doing something. I won’t have any loiterers here, I’ll have you know.

Good luck, guys.

Weekly Actions - Week 1

[Examine your surroundings - Getting your bearings is obviously the immediate concern here. You and your team will head out to scout, with the aim of categorizing your immediate surroundings. Finding potential food and water sources, signs of human life, suitable locations for longer-term habitation - all of these are key issues that need to be resolved as soon as possible.]

[Establish a base of operations - Before anything, your number one goal should be the establishment of a proper base camp. Even a temporary place to eat, sleep and socialize is better than none, and would undoubtedly be well appreciated by the normal citizens that have been dragged to this strange place with you. Furthermore, in these situations, you can never be quite certain of what is out there and the sooner you establish a defensible position, the better.]

[Locations dependent on your knowledge of your surroundings]

[Scavenge the Arena for resources - The section of Arena 7 that accompanied you into this strange world is still filled with many things that are key essentials to modern life. While things like electronics may seem to be of little use to you at the moment, it is good to keep in mind that such items may not even exist in this place and perhaps only exist in the building in front of you. Furthermore, perishables such as food or drinks may not last for very long without refrigeration and may, therefore, be lost to you in the future. Not to mention… it was this bloody thing that brought you here, right? Surely there has to be a clue or two there?]

[Organize the survivors - It is vital that you somehow organize the, at the moment, untamed mass of individuals that have arrived with you. Whether it is through democratic elections, meritocratic choice or sheer force of arms, a chain of command is necessary for your future survival. When no such organization exists, lawlessness, despair, and corruption will undoubtedly follow.]

[Time for Tools - The fundamental key aspect of survival is knowing what you have and what you need. A full inventory of all things currently available for all survivors is vital, as it would allow you to plan ahead and remove your deficiencies. In addition, the remaining civilians can be put to work for gathering whatever resources you can find nearby, as well as crafting and creating basic tools that will undoubtedly be key for your future.]
    Last edited by Mellon; July 17th, 2016 at 06:58 PM.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sergei B. Adaksin
    ?????????
    ?????????

“Well, I can’t say I expected this.” Sergei muttered, voice tranquil as he lied in his back. “I guess one can never be careless when dealing with that batshit insane corporation… or underestimate what they’re capable of doing.”

The KGB agent suddenly stood up with an agile jump, after making sure his body and mind were in working order. Those that were nearby and looked at his face took a step back upon seeing the easy going smile completely replaced by warped anger, his eyes sunk in darkness. Then, the crack in the armor of the blonde man was gone, and Sergei displayed his trademark smirk as he fixed his clothes and moved his eyes around, firstly locating Mihoshi, and then taking stock of his surroundings.

He had struck the Japanese fighter in the back, lacerating his shoulder, a blade-like attack that had drawn blood. Mihoshi’s bombardment had gone as planned, but then, as they readied the last stage of their plan, ready to take down both Kaede and Daigo in short order, something had gone completely and utterly world.

And then it had hurt. More than the day his hands had first been covered in blood. More than when Adamski had nearly ripped his arm off and then had shattered his entire ribcage. More than when Mihoshi had gone crazy on him the first day they met.

And then he had found himself in an alien forest, of an alien world, surrounded by a bunch of people, including the fighters in the arena and the nearby crowd, although not all the spectators were there. One of the teams that had been looking from the sidelines was missing.

Well, okay. Time to roll with this.

After making sure Mihoshi was alright, Sergei walked directly towards the old Russian man.

“Oi, Kuznetsov. I’d like to take Mihoshi with me and scout the surroundings. That alright?”

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    Kaede Kitamura
    ?????????
    ?????????
    Mood: Cold Vengeance

That was the last thing she remembered before they had ended up here, somewhere incomprehensible, something that made absolutely no sense. And while she was usually well-accustomed to nonsensical stuff, usually her own decisions, this was on a whole new level. Something entirely out of her pathetic element of beating up thugs in back alleys.

Everything felt so hopeless. What could they do about any of this? They were a group of fighters, not survivalists. Was there even a point in trying to resist the inevitable?

Pulling her red hood over her head, she glanced at the crowd, full of grown men and women reduced to nothing but a whining mess. Society was something people tried desperately to protect, but as soon as major change happened, it all fell apart, like that cardboard box fort she made when she was eleven with Shun. The same applied to here.

At the same time, she glanced at the children in the crowd, huddling, confused. With a dreary sigh, subdued compared to her idiotic, enthusiastic yells from moments earlier, she put the hood back down and drifted towards the front of the crowd.

She had pledged to be a heroine of justice, and no matter how many awkward compromises she made, no matter how badly she fucked it up, she aspired to be that ideal no matter what.

Even if she felt terribly awful, even if she felt insanely great.

And above all else, Kitamura Kaede was angry when she was depressed.

“None of us should go anywhere without making sure we have everything under control.” Her voice was cold and a bit tired, but she had to try, to try and make herself do this. Hurting people was so much easier, but it wouldn’t help here. She had to be a convincing speaker, and that was killing her on the inside. Getting by, convincing people that she was doing the right thing, that was hard enough.

“Imagine their view, when a group of fighters just leaves off after talking to one person who arbitrarily has any sort of authority in the matter because he was an announcer. I’m not saying the old man isn’t qualified or whatnot, but I’d be much less comfortable if I didn’t know where the only people capable of any sort of protection were going. We make everything clear and to the point, no confusion, so everyone knows what’s going on.” The waste of space points to the crowd, her grumpy frown all too apparent, directed towards the Russian assassin who nearly split her in two.

“I don’t care how this is lead, just that it is and the people are happy. If you wanna settle it with brute force, I don’t mind taking those odds, but I don’t want to wander off and come back to a bunch of people scared witless because they’re too ‘unimportant’ to be properly organized. And I don’t mind trying to do all this myself if you all prioritize finding crap, because then at least someone cares.”

Folding her arms, the rather short girl made her stance on the matter.

She would uphold the law that shunned her.

Blog Entries
    Sergei B. Adaksin
    ?????????
    ?????????

"Sure." Sergei replied immediately, expressing his absolute agreement with the girl. She brought up good points, after all.

"However, I think we have enough capable fighters and reasonable figures about to be capable of establishing a base and calming the crowd down without minding the lack of one or two fighters, da?" He replied in a calm tone, and sent a rather worried look towards Mihoshi. Then, having stated his point, he calmly remained aside, hands in his pockets. "Besides, I wasn't planning in just running off without a plan, or without waiting for things to calm down a bit." He clarified.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Dranes's Avatar
    Daigo Shime
    ?????????
    ?????????

"What...? What happened?"

The young man awoke with a shock, his breathing erratic, his eyes wide as he began to process just what had happened. He had died...didn't he? That's what had happened, there was pain and then there was nothing...and now he was awake in a strange place with the only recognizable thing being the wreckage of the arena he had only moments ago been in and the people that had been there. Looking at his hand, he flexed his fingers, all working fine...the wounds he got were gone too but that was to be expected from Jinkai tech.

Right, Jinkai...

Were they responsible? Maybe...but from what the words that exec was saying, she had no idea. Hell she was on the verge of tears.

He clicked his tongue in annoyance, shaking his head as he got up.

It looked bad, real bad.

Most of the people here were from the crowd, used to the comfort of home and not...well this wilderness. Not that he was much different but he had something most of them didn't, it's why he was on the floor of the arena and they weren't. In the worst case if fear gripped them, people would split up and get themselves killed or turn this into little more than a mob and target the one they thought was responsible if only to relieve themselves for the moment. There had to be some kind of order or all hell would break lose, last thing they needed was to be fighting among themselves instead of working together. Yeah, that kind of shit couldn't fly.

Some thought otherwise it seemed, like that Russian.

But then there were others who thought the same. Like his teammate.

Even if her demeanor had changed, kind of erratically, at least she had her head on right.

Well as right as it was normally. Well, time to add his voice on all this.

"I'm with you Kaede, I don't like the idea of leaving these guys to fend for themselves or worse."

He moves forward to stand with Kaede, looking much more calm than he was in the arena. It seemed that the technology had managed to subdue his demon side for now, a small silver lining to all this...

He may not have known her for long but if he could fight alongside her, then he could depend on her.

"Last thing we need is the group breaking up or turning into something worse, lets get them organized and get some ground rules down," He gives a nod to her as he looks to the rest of the people, over one hundred, "Not that I don't trust these people but when people are scared, they can do some crazy stuff and I ain't interested in seeing something like that happen, dunno who's gonna be the leader nor how we'll decide it but better to figure it out sooner rather than later."

"Hope more feel the same."

Blog Entries
    Haruna Fujibayashi
    ?????????
    ?????????

Waking up in a place you don't know normally causes panic in a person. For me, this was just like another mission gone wrong. I still remember my first foul-up at the age of twelve while investigating some disappearances in Tokyo. When I met up with a nice man willing to show me around, I thought I could skimp meal cost and buy something nice from my funds. Instead, my food and drink was drugged and I woke up tied up. Judging by the other tied up and passed out little girls, this was a human trafficking operation without the blessing of the local Yakuza and the village. So I did the natural thing, I broke out and killed the minders. Called the local police to clean up the operation. The thing I remember being irritated the most about was the fact that they stole my money! So imagine his face, when I not only found him but now nonchalantly sitting on his bed. He couldn't believe his eyes and tried to pull out a gun on me. I know for a fact the last thing he saw before dying was a white light before everything faded.

So for me, I just woke up and analyzed the area. Nearby me was my former opponent. She was equally laying on the ground motionless. Analysis of circle reveals too perfect of a spacing. Ruling out accident and Mihoshi's blast. Engineered event from company? Likely. If Mihoshi is indeed that rescue target, then it's strongly suggested purposeful. Meant to neutralize people trying to steal or destroy company and to deter future attempts. So that means something is probably going to watch us. I would do information gathering but I can do that later when we have a base of operations and people are more relaxed. Specifically those affiliated with the Jinkai Corporation.

While the Russian and my Japanese teammates sorted out the government and allocation, I went to handle a personal curiosity. I approached Mihoshi and got close enough to seemingly offer to help her up while quietly asking a question.

"Do you know about Project HY-00? Nod yes or no."

and I patiently waited for her response while offering her a hand. I feigned a look of worry before continuing.

"Ah sorry about earlier. Hopefully, I didn't hit you before that system went down. So you alright?"
    Last edited by Kuroyuki; July 17th, 2016 at 08:35 PM.

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar
    Mihoshi Kurosawa
    Sunrise (?) - Forest Clearing - Arena 7
    ?????????
    ?????????

"We were not the cause of this charade."

"I better hope so."

A very different Mihoshi lied still on the ground, observing the rather startling scene that unravelled before her blank eyes. Her suspicions on herself being the cause of this accident were yet to be fully lifted, seeing how this inexplicable phenomenon occurred soon after she unleashed Yatagarasu's power... still, it did feel like there was a certain delay between the sunfire blast and... what the Black Maiden could only summarise as 'the end of the world'.

Calling her by her usual moniker "Black Maiden" wasn't even fitting at this point. The easily missed state in which she was during the last moment of the battle had carried over to here... minus the injuries and whatever exhaustion she should have experienced. She had no doubts that Jinkai's technology was the explanation behind all these anomalies. Yes, both of them, the first being the bigger question than the rest.

As she looked on at the crowd, still lying on the ground like a lifeless corpse, her eyes met with Sergei's who seemed to be checking up on her. Mihoshi gave him a little nod to let him know that she was fine -- however, that she didn't add her customary mocking grin to that nod probably betrayed her, showing that in truth, she was rather shaken inside. Indeed, on top of the confusion and feeling of being lost that all were experiencing, the rather unpleasant sensation of being torn apart, both body and soul, had reminded Mihoshi of the atrocious year during which she was Jinkai Corporation's guinea pig.

Fortunately, Mihoshi's mental psyche was not at its worst here. As mentioned earlier, she was quite different now from the Mihoshi that everyone saw at the stadium, because having had used up most of her energy on the floor below, Mihoshi had managed to exhaust the level of 'synchronization' that she shared with 'a certain artefact'. The lessened influence of the monstrosities inside her and her re-established calm were both quite fortuitous events, but nonetheless most welcome...

Having decided to stand on her feet rather than pensively play dead, Mihoshi sat up, dusting off her white miko outfit. It was then that she realised that somehow, perhaps because of the way human field of vision and attention works, she had totally failed to notice the young girl that was observing her studiously. The same girl that had struck her with lightning and a katana 'a few moments ago'. Reflexively, even if she had already determined that no wounds had carried over from the battle, Mihoshi put one of her hands on where this strange... ninja(?) had struck her with her sword.

A light, bemused expression drew itself on Mihoshi's lips, but it wasn't the same psychotic one she had displayed whike burning down the arena into oblivion -- this one seemed to be less of a maniac's smile, instead belonging to a person was indulging themselves in a bout of self-ridicule.

That smile did become the trademark Mihoshi one however, when this ninja uttered some very interesting words... that immediately made Mihoshi suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Girl

"Do you know about Project HY-00? Nod yes or no."

"Ah sorry about earlier. Hopefully, I didn't hit you before that system went down. So you alright?"
    If Mihoshi was in a more 'volatile' state, she would have very likely spawned one of her serpents and immobilised this ninja while questioning her in ways that at best could be considered... not so peaceful. As she was now however, Mihoshi happened to be able to participate in more civil discussion, much to the ninja's luck.

Taking the ninja's hand to lift herself up to her feet, Mihoshi felt like playing hard to get. Not only because of the absolute lack of proof that she had that this ninja was absolutely trustworthy, but also because... well... she was Mihoshi.

"If you really wanted to glean this knowledge properly from me, I'd wager that asking the questions in reverse order would be better. Didn't they teach you that at school?"

Having been helped to her feet by the ninja, Mihoshi did not let go of the ninja's hand, instead pulling herself even closer till her mouth was by the ninja's ear, and there, she softly whispered:

"Like this. This is when and where you ask questions... questions like how exactly do you know of Project HY-OO?"

Finding herself to be having quite some fun in this childish game, Mihoshi finished her sentence by lingering on the final syllable, softly blowing in Haruna's ear in a way that was at its mildest... rather suggestive.

This teasing was a good way to vent stress. Maybe not so much for the ninja, but Mihoshi wasn't exactly a paragon when it came to subjects such as selflessness. What drove her to join the God of Steel tournament after all, was nothing more than a plain and simple wish for vengeance.

That purpose had not left her, but deep inside, in the midst of this farce, Mihoshi felt like a part of her had become even more hollow than it already was.
    Last edited by Ayakashi; July 18th, 2016 at 02:08 PM.

Blog Entries
    Haruna Fujibayashi
    ?????????
    ?????????

"Ah sorry sorry normally I would have time while the teacher waited for me to give the answer. But it's a little difficult to ask questions on the way out of a classroom than on the way in. So sorry if I spoke out of turn."

I presented an amicable front as if I was still at school and acting as if I didn't just notice a brief spike of killing intent from some part of her. After all a kunoichi only breaks cover when absolutely necessary and to the death as needed. So it would've taken a lot more than that to rattle me. Her reaction however was telling and that she knew something about it. And definitely not happy about me prying into it. So that confirms part of my theory until I get a hold of an executive or some records. Now let's just confirm a personal theory of mine.

And her blowing in my ear gave me an appropriate way to counter whisper by faking surprise. So I jumped backwards and pulled her towards me until my back hit some wall and we were close together again. A seemingly accidental closeness. This timeframe was good to whisper my mission and what I learned before my "death."

"Mission. Destruction of Kobe facility. Audio files playing. Named cell. Rumor potential rescue from village. Didn't confirm due to faking death"

"Ouchie that hurt... Oh crap uh! I didn't mean to do this. You see I have sensitive ears and... Ahhhhhh I'm sorry!"

Now I played the part of a silly klutz.
    Last edited by Kuroyuki; July 18th, 2016 at 01:23 PM.

Team Europe
    14th of July, 20XX
    14:59

“Pfft…. Hahahahahah! I like you! Calista, right? But a Captain, really? Wouldn’t it be a bit chilly to be sailing the seven seas like that? Or do you just stick to tropical waters with your sailing?”
    “My lust for adventure is all the warmth I need This coat is just when I’m on land!” Calista says boastfully. To be honest she actually did wear the coat in older climates, sometimes even more, but where was the fun in saying that?

Recent events had lessened the need for it however.

“But sailing around the world, huh…. Sounds fun. More fun than this tosh at least. If I had the choice, I probably wouldn’t have even come here in the first place. How about it? You have room for one more slob in your crew, once this thing is over and done with?”
    “Hmmmmm….” Calista gently rubs her chin while keeping Rosalind tightly to her with her other arm, “I do get the impression we’re cut from the same cloth. Impress me by the end of this tournament and you’re in, savvy?”

Of course, Calista didn’t get an answer as Annabel dived for her teammate. Calista tried to pull her away and object. After all, while she a little overly touchy, Rosalind was hers. The new recruit would at least have to earn her place first.

However, before she could do much, everything went insane.

?????????
    ?????????

Calista wasn’t exactly a stranger to waking up not know where she was. However, there were many more people, more clothes, and less booze. How in blazes had they ended up here? What happened to her fighting tournament!? Having her prize snatched from her in such an...outrageous way certainly set her on edge. She hadn't even gotten to enjoy a single match. Another part of her, perhaps the older part of her, was absolutely thrilled. This was a new place to see, explore, and plunder!

The pirate bolted up, adjusted her clothes and dusted herself off. It was unseemly of a captain to just lay there in the middle of a crisis. First of all, she had to ascertain the status of her crew. Whatever had transported them here seemed to have neatly spread everyone out, but finding someone (especially a short someone) in over 130 people wasn’t easy.

“Rosalind? Annabel? Alonzo?”

Calista darted her head around, trying to spot them. Where had the bard gotten too? Had it ripped him off the john?
    Last edited by Janx; July 18th, 2016 at 10:57 AM.

Rosalind Ainslee
    Team Europe
    14th of July, 20XX
    14:57

Quote Originally Posted by Annabel
    “Fufufufu… Rosalind, you can’t really say a word like that to a troublemaker like myself, you know.”
    It was at this moment, when Annabel's eyes glints mischievously and extends her hands dangerously that Rosalind realizes...

'Dear Lord, I've made a mistake haven't I?'

... She fucked up has made a mistake.

'I should have realized! Anna's a delinquent, even if she seemed different from the norm, so of course she'll enjoy this!' Rosalind thought as she began to panic, fear evident in her eyes as the blonde gets closer and closer. She started to look left and right, looking for anyone to help her from this situation, but...

But nobody came.

'Aah, to think I would be defeated not on the field of battle but on the audience stands, harassed by two women...' Rosalind thought as she looked at Annabel's hands which gets closer every second, before closing her eyes in acceptance. 'Forgive me Lily, your older sister cannot keep herself pure... O Father who art in Heaven, may You forgive this child who hast sinned and guide her to a righteous path...'

But what come next was not Annabel's hands, but a loud explosion ripping through the battlefield. Opening her eyes to see what had happened, all that Rosalind saw was...

Azure?

Falling.

She is falling endlessly.

Falling through an endless sea of blue.

Flashes of familiar images, yet alien.

Visions of the past? Glimpses of the future?

Countless dreams were laid bare before her eyes-

Or perhaps it was a single dream that keep on changing?

Life. Love. Happiness.

Loss. Tragedy. Death.

Which one is hope?

Which one is despair?

Swept away by the flood of azure, the girl felt herself slipping away.

A series of questions which won't be answered floated through her mind.

Who am I?

Why am I here?

But perhaps, the most important question of all...

Well then. Shall we open a door for you?
    Who are you?

[BGM Off]

Rosalind Ainslee
    ?????????
    ?????????

"Uu... Where...?"

Clutching her head as she slowly sat up, Rosalind began to scan her surroundings. She doesn't really know what to expect, perhaps because her mind is still quite in a daze, but...

"A... forest clearing?"

And then, it all came back to her. The azure flames, the feeling of pain unlike anything that she had ever felt... and now she is in the middle of nowhere with hundreds of others. The first thing that she did after realizing that is to check her equipment, mainly her bow, arrows and her 'sword'; thankfully they are all present and undamaged. After that she listened intently to what the adults are saying, from the outburst of Francesco to the businesswoman who managed to calm down the situation before it got any worse, but in the end all that Rosalind could think of was...

'What... just happened?'

Rosalind had many questions in her mind, but sitting still and thinking about it wouldn't change anything; at this moment, what she need is a short-term objective to bring her mind's attention elsewhere. Seeing as others have started to talk and discuss what they need to do the English girl stood up, determined to not be a burden in this situation.

She already have one such objective in mind: Find her fellow teammates and Anna. While she is not particularly close to any of them yet, at least she know them, and familiar faces in an otherwise unfamiliar place and situation would help to ease her mind. Negative and unimportant details, such as the Calista's hug and Anna's attempt of 'physical contact', are conveniently forgotten and shelved to the back of her mind for now.

But just as she stood up, a familiar voice rang through the clearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Calista
    "“Rosalind? Annabel? Alonzo?”
    "Calista!" Rosalind let out a sigh of relief as she approached her teammate. "Thank goodness you're alright."

While in normal circumstances the lady would try her best to look elsewhere to hide her embarrassment, this situation is far from normal; she is just happy to see a familiar face unscathed, and the usual blush on her face which is present whenever she saw the scantily-dressed blonde is notably absent.

"This situation is certainly bizarre; I have yet to fully comprehend what exactly is going on." Rosalind began as she looked at the unfamiliar scenery. "But I guess I can worry about it later and follow your example for now." She finished with a simple smile.

"Let's find Anna and Mister Alonzo. We can discuss what we should do after that."
    Last edited by palad1n; July 18th, 2016 at 07:21 AM.
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

Blog Entries
    Kaede Kitamura, Sergei B. Adaksin, Daigo Shime
    ?????????
    ?????????

As Sergei approached Vasili and the two people with him, his ears picked up a rather lively female voice.

“Haa… I can’t keep this up much longer. This kuudere business is far harder than it looked at first glance. You would think acting dispassionate would be pretty easy, but I can’t help but get worked up in this situation.”

The old Russian soldier simply let out a dismissive snort over the younger girls antics.

“More of this nonsense, Ana? I swear, that layabout half-assed father of yours. Why I ever allowed him to…”

“Oh don’t be like that, gramps. Mom would end up decking you again if she heard you say something that. Like that one time you tried to challenge Dad into proving his manliness by eating a live blowfish.”

For once Sergei had no retort to that, and simply restrained himself to angry grumbling. As Sergei, Kaede and Daigo walked into their little section of the clearing, they saw Francesco lying on the ground, the Italian’s eyes peacefully closed. From the looks of it, the younger host had either fainted or (more likely) been put to sleep by the white haired ex-soldier. Probably for the best, all things considered, as he had been rather distressed earlier.

It was hard to believe that the voice you had heard earlier had come from the girl in white that was now in front of you. Not a single shred of emotion was visible on her face and her brown eyes could be more accurately described pieces of ice, for all the emotion that was visible in them. Vasili’s gruff eyes took in Sergei and he gave the younger man a slight nod in greeting.

“Oi, Kuznetsov. I’d like to take Mihoshi with me and scout the surroundings. That alright?”

“Boy, I am not your supervising officer anymore. You don’t need to ask me for permission anymore then you need the permission of this guy here.” His short leg bumped lightly into Francesco’s side, whose face was now set in a wide, peaceful grin. “Though if you ask for my opinion... we need someone to scout, or at least scavenge the arena. You heard that mechanic, right? I would be surprised if we have enough food for a day or two, not even considering something like a week.”

“Once hunger starts biting, any chain of command we establish will break down in rapid order.” The older man was silent for a second and his voice took on a rather chilly note. “Not to mention we have parents and children here. Parents are capable of doing many things to save their children. For better or for worse.”

“But that girl is right in that we can wait a bit. At least until this entire thing...” Vasili’s hand waved at the animated crowd in the distance. “... is over. Going right now wouldn’t be prudent, Sergei. You should know that a conspicuous absence can create all the wrong questions in the minds of people, right?”

Having said that, the older man turned towards Kaede and Daigo.

“I don’t believe we have met before. My name is Vasili Kuznetsov.” Vasili’s hand pointed towards the auburn-haired next to him. “This silly girl is my granddaughter, Anastasia. Pay no mind to her antics.”

The girl’s steely facade broke for a second and her eyes lit up briefly with visible irritation before she managed to regain control over her expression. She gave the trio in front of her a slight nod in greeting.

“Hn.”

Last edited by Mellon; July 18th, 2016 at 04:31 PM.

Mihoshi Kurosawa
    ?????????
    ?????????

Arara... now this is getting a little bit ridiculous, even for me.

An overly exaggerated jump backwards into a wall (or to be semantically correct, an upright piece of rubble that had fallen from the arena) coupled with Haruna holding on to Mihoshi's hand caused the two girls to an in an even stranger position. Mihoshi seemingly had Haruna backed against a wall, her right hand still holding on to Haruna's, while Mihoshi's own left hand now pressed onto the wall by Haruna's shoulder, as if blocking the ninja from going anywhere else.

Truly quite the picturesque scene it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-chan
    "Mission. Destruction of Kobe facility. Audio files playing. Named cell. Rumor potential rescue from village. Didn't confirm due to faking death"
    Haruna's choice to whisper back her answer didn't help in easing up on the rather suggestive tone this exchange between the two girls had taken. At least they were nowhere near the crowd in general... well, that very likely could make things even worst if someone noticed them. Would they in such a chaotic situation? Who in their right mind would look for two girls making romantic advances onto each other, especially right after they figuratively tried to kill each other?

Perhaps that was taking a little bit too much for granted, but stil...

... to Shirosawa Mihoshi, all of that was inconsequential, because those words that Haruna had spoken intensely piqued her interest. That, and the shrine maiden found that this little 'game' they were playing here was, to put it simply: most entertaining. She wouldn't mind being in a good mood for once, and it's been some time since she had been able to get all touchy with a fellow Japanese 'friend'.

Quote Originally Posted by A Schoolgirl Impression(?)
    "Ouchie that hurt... Oh crap uh! I didn't mean to do this. You see I have sensitive ears and... Ahhhhhh I'm sorry!"
    Nevermind the rather bad acting from this ninja here, who was doing her best to attract attention while looking normal. If not exactly an oxymoron, this dubious method of 'keeping one's cover' seemed to be... for once... something that Mihoshi couldn't understand at all.

Such incomprehension warranted a little chuckle escaping from her lips.

"You know, I'm beginning to think that I might like you a bit~"

And just like that, slowly inching forwards till the tip of their noses were effectively pressing against each other, Mihoshi casually conversed with this strange ninja that, while still not very trustworthy in her eyes, had at least gained a little bit of credence on the mere virtue of being entertaining... and awkwardly bad at being discrete.

Surely an agent from Jinkai Zaibatsu wouldn't willingly trigger so many stupid textbook alarms.
    Wishful thinking since there was a certain man that Mihoshi called "Sergei" who typically would be laughing at her if he heard her logic, but... he wasn't here. Also his case was special.

Now to tackle this Ninja's case.

"But yes. I suppose that this was a long game of hide and seek, and you've finally found me. Now, what did you say about destroying Kobe facility? Perhaps do you want to destroy me too? I assume that since you mentioned faking your death, things did not exactly go the right way for you..."

Mihoshi gave Haruna a knowing smile while examining the girl's outfit and body, looking perhaps for the trace of a scar or something else that would indicate that she had gone through some rather rough times... yet strangely, her body, or at least what Haruna's choices of clothing allowed to see of it, seemed immaculate of wounds.

Thinking about it, this one here seemed to be very... young. Mihoshi wagered that she wasn't even past the age of eighteen.

"...but then there'd be little reason for all of this if I was a target too I assume. Hmm, tell me more about that mission. Who gave it to you? Why did you even take it, little girl?"

The term 'they saw each other eye to eye', in the literal sense, was most appropriate to describe the scene: Mihoshi's and Haruna's nose and forehead were a a micrometer away from touching, and every single breath that one or the other took, every single batting of the eye or little movement of the iris... none of it would escape the other. A situation of pure, transparent communication.

It was something Mihoshi was most fond of, since she had learnt it from her now deceased mother, the person that the young woman probably held the dearest to her heart.

"Tell me.. give them to me... answers, and your name both."
    Last edited by Ayakashi; July 19th, 2016 at 12:53 PM.

Blog Entries
    Haruna Fujibayashi
    ?????????
    ?????????

Quote Originally Posted by Mihoshi
    You know, I'm beginning to think that I might like you a bit~"
    "That's umm good to hear?"

She started to move even closer until our noses were practically touching. If someone wasn't misunderstanding earlier due to my "surprised" jump and awkward positioning, then a misunderstanding was asking to be formed with our current positions. All the more to our advantage. They'll be more distracted by how our hands hover over certain body parts and how close our faces are.

"But yes. I suppose that this was a long game of hide and seek, and you've finally found me. Now, what did you say about destroying Kobe facility? Perhaps do you want to destroy me too? I assume that since you mentioned faking your death, things did not exactly go the right way for you..."
    She examined my body looking for some form of scar. There's one issue with that thought. That implies I would have to meet someone with considerable skill with both of us having the intent to kill. The only people capable of doing that are the people in this tournament or someone from my village. Those were people, I aimed to avoid at all costs until I had to do this tournament.

"You could say I was the champion of Hide and Seek for about two years. I was really good at hiding until the company found out about what happened to Kobe facility."

...but then there'd be little reason for all of this if I was a target too I assume. Hmm, tell me more about that mission. Who gave it to you? Why did you even take it, little girl?

Tell me.. give them to me... answers, and your name both.
    I considered not telling her where I got the orders from. If someone was to try and poke their head into it, then there would be an "investigation" of how they were found. Then again, a lot of people found it easier to silence everyone who might know. So the occasional stories of "homicidal" killers would show up. But then I remembered one thing, they probably already know I'm alive so might as well add more wood to the fire.

"The ones who gave me my mission was the Village Head where he gets it . Like I said, my mission was to destroy the facility. For phase 1, I fought guards and I guess failures and partial successes of project HY-00."

I thought about those grotesque things that looks like incomplete demons and grotesque humans. All of them insane. The kindest thing anyone could've done for them was death. Hopefully, I dealt with all of them.

"Throughout the phase, I heard audio logs detailing the experiment. There was supposedly a phase 2 of 'rescuing' people of interest. I don't know if that's true or not because I 'died' in phase 1."

I gave a sigh before telling her about why I wanted to take the mission. It's going to sound silly regardless even if it's the truest thing I'll ever say. Joining a suicide mission to fake your death and then transfer into a normal high school where I'll act like I never did things that would make all of these puke at the very least.

"I took the mission so I could 'die' and live a 'normal' life as high school. That's it."

I paused before answer her last question.

"My name is Fu-"

I paused. What name should I give her? The name I made or the name I was given. She already knows about my last day as her, but I've been living as "Fujibayashi Haruna." I debated before leaning closer to her ear.

"My name is..."

And that was the first time since leaving the village did I tell someone of my true name.
    Last edited by Kuroyuki; July 19th, 2016 at 03:23 PM.

Blog Entries
    Sergei B. Adaksin
    ?????????
    ?????????

When Daigo entered the scene, Sergei could only look around in confusion in search for whatever puppy he had accidentally kicked. Alas, upon not finding anything like that, all he could do was stare at the two Japanese in confusion. Both the girl trying to pick a fight with him for no good reason whatsoever, and the guy that had come to back her up, it couldn’t be said that they were making a very good impression on the Russian agent, but all he could do was shrug. It wasn’t like the points they were making weren’t good, it was just that he didn’t understand why the need to make him out like he was some sort of villain. Must’ve been the Russian accent.

Goddamn angsty teenagers.

He listened attentively to the older man’s words, and nodded along. Seemed reasonable. Well, any hope of making a quick exit had gone to the trash, but it seemed that Mihoshi wasn’t about to have a breakdown just yet, although he had to wonder what the hell was happening between the ninja and the miko. He had been rather nervous when the ninja had approached Mihoshi, but they seemed to be getting along… fine, no, more than fine. He had to wonder what they were talking about under their little act, but whatever it was, it could wait.

“Hi, name’s Sergei Adaksin, nice to meet you.” He dedicated his trademark smile to the girl Kuznetsov had introduced as his granddaughter, and then looked around a bit, before settling himself down atop a random tree trunk.

“Let’s talk, then.” He said in his frivolous tone of always, his dark eyes studying the two Japanese attentively. If there was no rush, then he could actually participate in settling this, if just a bit, but he internally considered that regardless of Mihoshi’s state, the duty of scouting the terrain around couldn’t be delayed for too long.

“I see four important tasks here.” He said, in a more serious tone of voice which was quite the contrast with his earlier demeanor. “Scouting the surrounding terrain, scavenging the arena, organizing the people, and constructing a base of sorts, at least to have somewhere to stay while we figure things out.”

“I don’t think we can delay scouting for too long. We’d need to know fast if there’s anything dangerous around, like a wild beast, and I imagine finding a serviceable body of water would contribute greatly at calming the masses, da?” He addressed that last part at Kaede. “Meanwhile, we should be getting people to calm down, organize themselves in the essential tasks, put a watch around the clearing… whatever can be accomplished. If we give them things to do, and they see us working quickly and efficiently, they should at least calm down for the time being. Especially if we’re not randomly picking fights with each other.”

“I don’t think we can construct an encampment without resources, so the third priority should be sending people to scavenge the arena, not only for food, but also for materials we could use to protect ourselves from the elements.” Sergei paused for a bit, then looked at Kuznetsov. “I think you should be our leader for the time being, if only because you’re handling yourself well, and you’re a more visible figure. Plus, you’ve got the experience to make it work, at least until we can figure our situation out a bit.”

Then, he looked towards Ana, to deal with the most important task. “I think you should rather try tsundere. Your hairstyle isn’t exactly the one typically worn by such characters, but it is close enough, and I suspect it might be more fitting, da?”

Sergei finished presenting his ideas, and then he waited for the others to reply, still lazily seated in the tree trunk. However, his eyes would, every so often, wander towards were the miko and the ninja were initiating some sort of strange lesbian dance to cover up their talk. Just to make sure nothing would happen. Hopefully, although the two Japanese seemed intent in making an enemy out of him, this talk wouldn’t stretch over for too long.
    Last edited by RacingeR; July 19th, 2016 at 01:48 AM.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Zagrin's Avatar
    Albrecht von Kirchensittenbach
    ?????????
    ?????????

Albrecht had remained unusually quite ever since he had woken up and picked himself off the ground, not even bothering to join in on the heated discussions that raged on in regard to their predicament. It seemed that even he wasn't able to maintain his upbeat attitude in the face of such an unexpected turn of events. Thus he simply stood back and listened as the many conversations around him continued to play out until finally something had managed to catch his attention.

"The arena?"

His gaze shifted to the ruins that were to be the stage for their grand fighting tournament. If one considered the amount of people that it was supposed to accommodate which meant that there was no doubt an assortment of foodstuffs contained within in order to feed the raging crowds. Perhaps it wouldn't be much, but certainly better than nothing. In addition to the matter of supplies there was also a chance that there was something in the arena that could give them an idea of how they had suddenly ended up in unfamiliar forest.

"I can head to the arena and get us some supplies!"

Albrecht shouted cheerfully as he waved his hand high in the air in order to get everyone's attention. Of course he couldn't go off and do this all by himself. He was, after all, nothing more than a doctor, albeit a very durable one. Thankfully he already had an idea as to who could accompany him on this endeavor.

"Oi, Mihoshi! Why don't you come along and help me with the scavenging? If you want you can even bring along your new friend, after all you two seem to getting along really well!"

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Dranes's Avatar
    Daigo Shime
    ?????????
    ?????????

Daigo glanced at the knocked out Italian, guess that was the reason he wasn't shouting anymore, out cold. He couldn't say he minded, not that he had anything against the guy but if he started to become as big of a ham here as he was back at the arena, it was going to get annoying real fast. His co-host on the other hand seemed to have gotten to grips with the situation fast and with little worry to show on his face, as expected of a vet if what the loud guy had been saying was true.

He didn't expect the kid though, or how she was acting, not that he had much time to process that fact. It was obvious she was the one yelling just a moment ago and now was taking the 'cool' persona a bit too far. No time to delve into that though as people began to introduce themselves.

"Ah, right. Daigo Shime, nice to meet you all too," he gave a nod to the three Russians, "Though wish the circumstances were better."

For one, they could not be in a the middle of nowhere and still confused as to how they got here but it was doubtful that those questions would ever get answered. It didn't seem Vasili had any answers if he was focusing on surviving as well...seems that Jinkai really had fooled all of them. There really was no use thinking about that damn company now though, what had to be done now is protect the people here and survive.

"Anyways I don't see anything wrong with what he said so if we're all in agreement on what Sergei's saying," Before glancing to Ana and scratching his head, "Well other than about Ana I guess, I think it's time to divide up the world load. He glances over the distance, a number of normal people about but it was easy to recognize people who weren't just that, such as those both from his team and that of Russia, "Don't know where we are but I doubt that means that night doesn't come around here too and daylight's burning. We need to get what we can done for today before it gets dark, last thing we need is for someone to get lost in the dark when we don't know the area."

"Since it seems a good number of the fighters from Arena 7 landed with us, splitting up into groups of 3-4 could be be best for each job."

"Well, long as everyone agrees with it."
    Last edited by Dranes; July 19th, 2016 at 02:42 PM.

Mihoshi Kurosawa
    ?????????
    ?????????

There had been cases where Mihoshi had been either negligent or a horrible judge of character... such a case had lead her to being kidnapped two years ago. This had resulted in the shrine maiden becoming naturally wary and mistrusting of new people that she met; and that is why even after all that Haruna mentioned, even after it became visible that this person wasn't giving her some nonsense, seeing actual emotion crawl up on the girl's visage, seeing her cheeks flush pink when Haruna gave her reason... Mihoshi still didn't entirely buy the ninja's story.

There was also the part where Mihoshi took some time to truly understand what Haruna meant when she mentioned that she took a mission on purpose to 'die'.

But this clumsy switching back and forth between tones, almost like a child trying to give their best impression of a secret agent's attempt at being, well, secretive... there was something about that which happened to be a little bit... a little bit?

Annoying.

Even more if that surname Haruna had mentioned was the same as that one historical figure's... which Mihoshi wouldn't doubt seeing the level of ninjutsu competence the ninja had proven to possess during their previous fight. How could someone possibly be so incompetent and competent at the same time? Wasn't one of the basics of ninjas to be able to blend in effortlessly into the environment, fulfilling their objectives while moving about as unseen shadows?

This one was doing a poor job at all of this. Well, the 'blending' part. If she had been in Haruna's stead, Mihoshi would have elected to calmly walk off behind one of the nearby pieces of rubble and just discuss things calmly instead of -- well, it's true that Mihoshi was the one to begin this silly... hang on...

"Why am I even bothering about all this?"

To Haruna, Mihoshi would have visibly phased out in thought, not moving an inch from the awkward position in which they were, and after a moment of silence, uttering that question aimed at herself out of nowhere.

"Ara, excuse me there, I had to... think of a few things."

Indeed, before she had turned into the wreck that she is now, Mihoshi had secretly longed to meet a ninja, and found the tales of their deeds, powers and way of life quite fascinating. It was therefor not unexpected that seeing an actual 'ninja' like Haruna being something that she could easily grasp and read, instead of a shadowy, elusive and mysterious figure straight out of her imagination... would be fairly frustrating and disappointing for the dreamy Shrine Maiden.

Even after having been broken to pieces, people are still left with the shards of what was once their dreams...

The playful and teasing Mihoshi momentarily gave way to something quite different. This Mihoshi had exactly the same face that the one you make when you understand that Santa Claus was a lie all along.

A momentary, but very noticeable transformation, after which she reverted into her usual self.

"Well, any pretence to living a normal life seems rather moot for now," Mihoshi said as she took a step backwards and let go of Haruna's hand, 'freeing' her and giving her the pleasure of once more, having a personal space. "Until we can find a way back to where we came from, or even, understand where we are... our personal drives and aspirations should be put aside."

On these words, Mihoshi turned her head to address one of her teammates who appeared to have noticed her and Haruna's 'playful' conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Doktor
    "Oi, Mihoshi! Why don't you come along and help me with the scavenging? If you want you can even bring along your new friend, after all you two seem to getting along really well!"
    Mihoshi paused before answering him, thinking of which was the best course of action for her. She didn't really want to have anything to do with the crowd when it was in such a state, since if anyone in it did something sufficiently stupid, there was no guarantee that she'd kill someone to either make an example or just for the sake of venting some pent up frustration. Sergei on the other hand, and in a rather predictable fashion, seemed like he wanted to go scout the surroundings. While her mobility was rather impressive thanks to being able to teleport or use the youkai inside her in all kinds of utilitarian fashion, making her a fit companion for such a job, Mihoshi elected instead to agree on Albrecht's offer. She suspected that in the arena, or rather what remained of it, they could possibly find answers to the mystery of what exactly happened. Spatial teleportation? Time travelling? Distortion of both of these?

Looking back at Haruna, with her lips shaped in a light grin, the miko asked: "I suppose that you could come along as well. Answers are what we are both seeking, aren't we? I wager that we might find some of these in these ruins."

Alonzo Toloni
    Team Europe

Urashima Island - Arena 7 - Observation Area
    14th of July, 20XX
    14:57

"Magnifico..."

Here he was, Urahima Island. The venue of the God of Steel Tournament. Alonzo simply let the clamor of the announcer, the combatants, and the crowd wash over him. He could feel his soul tremble with excitement to join the rising chorus but with great effort he restrained himself. He was, after all, officially here to fight in the tournament with his new teammates.

He glanced over at the people next to him.

A similarly afflicted melody could be detected from the imposing and scantily clad figure of Captain Calista Tomás who stood tall and simply gawked at the arena. She seemed to resonate quite well with the crowd.

However, a slightly hesitant tone disrupted this resonance and it came from Alonzo's other comrade, Rosalind Ainslee. The young, proper girl seemed taken aback by a girl from a neighboring team, Anna, whose wild arrangements challenged the former's deliberate steps. A slightly mismatched duet full of halting staccato. Still it would be a good experience for young Rosalina, who didn't appear to be world-weary enough and hopefully teach her a broader range of compositions.

Sensing this dissonance, Calista soon sauntered over to the two to form a trio and helped push that song towards a beautiful melody of blooming friendship, albeit slightly tinged with the color of lilies.

But at this moment Alonzo could take it no more.

He wanted to compose.

He needed to compose.

He HAD to compose.

While he wanted to watch and take in the physical display before him, both on the stage and in the crowd, there were things more important at hand.

"Scusa."

Holding back his right arm like it was possessed by the vengeful ghost of a secret spec ops commander turned terrorist, Alonzo quickly and quietly excused himself from the scene of friendship unfolding before him and fled to the bathroom.

Removed from the bustle of the arena, it was quiet enough that he could get to work and not be distracted by a new melody. Although in his haste to commit the song to paper, Alonzo shut himself in a stall and started furiously scribbling on a nearby roll of toilet paper instead of the bundle of manuscript paper he carried with him.

Then a new song interrupted.

Alonzo stopped writing in his stall to look up in wonder, searching for the origin.

No, not a new song. An old song. An ethereal, alien yet nostalgic song that shook him to the core.

A song of Azure.

The song reverberated through his entire being. It consumed him, pulled him apart as the world went blank.

?????????
    ?????????

The composer awoke amidst the sounds of nature, a far cry from the stadium on the man-made island. Dazed, he lay in the grass to listen to the nostalgic songs of the forest creatures.

Then he remembered.

Quote Originally Posted by Calista
    “Rosalind? Annabel? Alonzo?”
    "Singnorinas! I am here!" Alonzo rose to his feet from his lying position like a man back from the dead and barreled through the foliage towards the voices.

"La~ la la la la la la~"

Somewhere along the way he started singing.

It only took a few more moments to locate the duo and as Alonzo bounded forward to meet them he got caught on a low hanging branch. His instincts kicked in. Alonzo spun in the air, hit the ground, rolled, and stood up in a corkscrew motion, arms outstretched like he was praising something. It was a complicated series of movements to use the momentum from his fall to stand back up. A magnificent recovery, if still a little scratched and covered in leaves.

"Did Singnoritas call for me?" The Italian man asked, looking at the two women and adjusted his hat.
    Last edited by arkturus; July 19th, 2016 at 10:15 PM.
    <Airen> I play hetero every once in awhile
    Spoiler:
    <~Katie> dude who gives a fuck about girls being gay, sometimes girls aren't gay and that decision should be respected

Spoiler:
    [12:21.40] that might be a top tier post[12:21.45] frantic[12:21.47] post of the month, even[12:21.48] this right here[12:21.49] is MC [12:21.56] johnny has nothing on this dude[12:22.00] he's the MC of the nisio half[12:22.12] so wait[12:22.15] [ ] is, after all, my rival character[12:22.16] am i the gag heroine[12:22.20] yes