Thread: DD's Art dump

Gatekeeper of the Old Blood draidecht's Avatar

DD's Art dump

Looked through a few of the posts here, they are pretty cool.
    So I thought I'd post some of my own type moon fan art as well....hope they are not too bad.

This is of Ciel/Alesia...took a little creative interpretation while making her

Here's one of Arcueid.

One of Satsujinki or Shiki Tohno

This is one of Sakura Matou and her transition from Tohsaka Sakura to Matou Sakura during the Heaven's Feel route.

and lastly Merem Solomon

Last edited by draidecht; July 17th, 2016 at 02:09 PM.

Very pretty. The shading and detail is spectacular, but there's just this particular quirk to them, like the proportions and such.. Sorry, I'm too tired right now to properly describe it, but your Arcueid though is top notch. You could put that on a canvas and sell it. (Maybe you already did I dunno)
    Hamburgers.
    (I have a tendency of not finishing things I've started.)
    I hang out alot at my own Discord server, though there isn't really much activity in there. The Art Haus Chatterbox! Accepting commissions. Do you want some art done, and do you want it done for cheap? PM me, man, and we can talk. Currently not taking any commissions, sorry!

Yay! Another person who uses a stylistic interpretation of anime characters! Even though I think your work is far closer to realistic representations than my own art. I'll echo what Phearo said, everything is really beautifully shaded and detailed. But there's some strange quirkiness to them that I can't really identify either, something along the lines to proportions and anatomy.

I think the best example I can identify is your first picture of Ciel. Everything has this very strange and lovely surrealistic look to it, but there is something odd going on with her arm that's holding the sword and her posture. I feel like everything else is good about her pose but that arm should be further out? It seems like an uncomfortable position to have her arm in.

I take it the Ciel is your most recent work right? Because my only critique of the other paintings is that they could use flatter brushes/harder surfaces. Some of them, like Arcuied for example, have a ton of soft brushes used in them. It works for some (I actually love how soft everything looks in the Shiki Tohno one), but Arcuied's sweater could benefit from having a more defined edge. That being said, it looks like you've identified this and tackled it with your Ciel artwork, where everything has better depth and shading.

Critique wise, I'd also say hair is your weakest point right now. But that's alright, it's mine too! It's not that your hair is terrible or bad, it's just that everything else is rendered with such high detail that it feels like the hair is missing some of that polish and attention everything else in your art has. Focus on practicing rendering hair and doodling poses, those are some nice goals to tackle. Everything is really awesome though! Keep it up!

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I was gonna say, your art style reminded me of Ross.

I really like your Arc and Merem!
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Thank you...and yeah, I found their problems after finishing. T_T
    Hindsight is always 20/20.

Quote Originally Posted by draidecht View Post
    Thank you...and yeah, I found their problems after finishing. T_T
    Hindsight is always 20/20.
    Are you familiar with the mirror technique? If you find that you start to see mistakes after you've finished artwork, try to mirror the canvas every 10 minutes or so. Your mind gets really used to how something looks after it stares at it for a long time. Constantly mirroring it will allow you to see all the little problems you wouldn't normally have noticed. Just be warned, working a long time on something and mirroring it is terrifying, prepare yourself for it. D :

Well, I am mostly a 3D artist..so don't use 2D all that much other than using for texturing.
    But the mirroring trick ends up something like 'this is wrong, that is wrong, the world is wrong' and with me banging my head on the table. D:

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Quad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by draidecht View Post
    Well, I am mostly a 3D artist..so don't use 2D all that much other than using for texturing.
    But the mirroring trick ends up something like 'this is wrong, that is wrong, the world is wrong' and with me banging my head on the table. D:
    This is exactly why you do it.