Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clannad/Charlotte Writer Jun Maeda Reveals He Needs Heart Transplant

Blog Entries

Unhappy Clannad/Charlotte Writer Jun Maeda Reveals He Needs Heart Transplant

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...splant/.104783
    http://en.rocketnews24.com/2016/07/2...rt-transplant/

I'm so saddened by this...I thought he was gonna be OK after reading about that tweet he made in the beginning of July, but then I read about this new week old tweet a month later... :-( Damn...I really hope he's gonna be all right, or as all right as he can be I guess, and that he still has a good while left to live, since knowing that he needs a heart transplant, he's obviously never gonna be completely OK...It sounds like he's positive, and says that he still has a long time left to live, but I don't know...I'm still very worried...Maeda-san has created a lot of amazing emotional works that have had big impacts on me, such as Kanon, Clannad, Angel Beats! and Little Busters!. He's an amazing person and artist, and I really hope the best for him. The irony of the fact that the main character in Angel Beats! died of heart failure feels pretty unpleasant to me at the moment tbh...

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

Blog Entries
    The Random Thoughts thread is hardly the best place for this topic, and I don't really think this counts as "news of what's happenin' in the (anime) industry" either.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokudaime View Post
    and I don't really think this counts as "news of what's happenin' in the (anime) industry" either.
    It does

Blog Entries
    It's quite literally anime news, but then again who cares. It isn't some sacred rule to not make new threads about things.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    It's quite literally anime news, but then again who cares. It isn't some sacred rule to not make new threads about things.
    didn't you get the memo

More seriously, I don't think we need a thread for every little thing when there is a perfectly good place to discuss it already and it won't leave a dead single page thread sitting around when the only way to respond to it, "oh how terrible hope he does okay" is exhausted. And I speak on this from experience mostly.

Also I was bringing up the RT comments on it mostly to say "yes, some people talked about it, back a week ago when the actual news broke."

Blog Entries
    Yeah sorry this is what I meant sorry if that wasn't clear sorry

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    More seriously, I don't think we need a thread for every little thing when there is a perfectly good place to discuss it already and it won't leave a dead single page thread sitting around when the only way to respond to it, "oh how terrible hope he does okay" is exhausted. And I speak on this from experience mostly.
    I genuinely agree but also don't care enough to even bother criticizing the creation of these threads.

And also one more dead thread back on page four of this subforum isn't going to actually hurt anything, soooo

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    I genuinely agree but also don't care enough to even bother criticizing the creation of these threads.
    I have no interest in the Olympics' opening ceremonies and I'm bored, what else do I do?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I have no interest in the Olympics' opening ceremonies and I'm bored, what else do I do?
    Break your writer's block?

- - - Updated - - -

Make a new Laith dartboard?

- - - Updated - - -

Tap people for judges for the BLympics?
    canon finish apo vol 3

https://youtu.be/W3KYx1WDqBw Raylen Cypher's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Ask in PM.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Make a new Laith dartboard?
    what makes you think he already hasn't
    Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes
    A world where tragedy is the only measure by which a narrative holds value is not one I am going to live in even where the circumstances in a particular work are tragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    If an adult themed work can have graphic slaughter and the like, it can have sex. Just do it competently if you want to go explicit.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    How dare you she's a married woman
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    No but why ask him to pull out right before the end tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    God is dead and I'm gonna kiss all his cute girl saints
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    MAMA BURST
    A Writer's Fate
    F/GO JP (Updated: 4/11/2019)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    It does
    I consider Maeda-sensei as belonging more to the visual novel industry than the anime industry, so if I had to choose then to me it's not anime news, but visual novel news, and to me the two are separate even though they are related. So even though he has done work in the anime industry as well, the Anime News Thread would not be my first choice of a thread to post about the matter in, nor one I would initially think to post about it in. But whatever, it's not like it matters.

Fair enough, but I don't consider this a little thing.

Blog Entries
    Surely you see the irony in the fact that the article you linked in your first post is from the Anime News Network, then?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Surely you see the irony in the fact that the article you linked in your first post is from the Anime News Network, then?
    Well, yes, I can't argue with that. ;-)

Blog Entries
    VN are just anime badly trying to be simultaneously video games and literature.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A true kusomedium...
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    say that to my face fucker not online see what happens
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    They're technically games so just call them kusoge.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    say that to my face fucker not online see what happens
    it's okay buster i'm on your side, don't listen to that sucker vegetable over there
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    Fighting words. Anyway, yes, they are varying degrees of video games and literature mixed together, but most of them are not anime, aside from a select few like School Days. Unless you count the anime opening videos that a lot of them have lol.