Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast

Thread: New Registration System implemented

Blog Entries
    Cannan questions?

DO EET.

Listen to this man. Episode 5 is what made this series go from "This is great for Nasuverse fans" to "Holy hell, I need to suck people in with this series." Two of the best hours of entertainment I've ever had.
    Pretty much. Paradox Spiral is my second favorite movie ever. Ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'll go by the "official" westernizations of the name (save for Yumiduka, because that's just WRONG)
    (except it isn't)

P.S. add DDD questions.

Blog Entries
    Pretty much pointless. It's a somewhat easy question, but Aoko really only figures into Tsukihime twice.
    ...eh. I would have seen that as kind of an everyone knows question, hell, I bet Mike could have got it, and he hasnt played. anyway...

shiki often refers to ciel as ______?

Shiki's personal maid's first name is _______?

Shirou's servant is _______?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Space Conquistador
    Blog Entries
    Shiki's personal maid doesn't have a last name. She's just _____

I know what you've been doing, nii-san. Dark Pulse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    (except it isn't)
    It isn't, but I refuse to use that one and so do most folks. Anyone who says "Yumiduka" in my presence gets an instant backhand pimpslap in the eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    shiki often refers to ciel as ______?

Shiki's personal maid's first name is _______?

Shirou's servant is _______?
    X1: That's probably worthy enough to add.

X2: KENTA is correct, but I'll add it.

X3: That's the first question I already added, you silly bitch.
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."

Of Leaves and Lilac - Two weeks in the life of Tohno Akiha.
    Returning real soon-like!

Old Quote Crap!

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBuster
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

[14:06] [Cruor] petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing
    [14:08] [Kelnish] no
    [14:08] [Kelnish] it isn't
    [14:09] [Cruor] how can there be so many bugs
    [14:09] [Cruor] in one mod
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Because quality assurance doesn't exist anymore
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Unless it's Quality Ass, U Rance
    [14:10] [Daiki] ...
    [14:10] [I3uster] oh god dp was funny
    [14:10] [I3uster] apocalypse confirmed
    [14:10] [Wakame] the horror

Blog Entries
    silly bitch?

The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    *Nods knowingly*
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."

Old Quote Crap!

99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

[14:06] [Cruor] petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Pulse View Post
    Technically, three characters can be the "main character" even though we're in the POV of only one of them. Well, two, actually.
    Which three characters would those be...?

Tough call. Obvious to those who played through the game, but someone who only knows of it casually probably won't know that.
    I would imagine there are a lot more TM fans who don't know the KnK question than there are people who wouldn't know that, so I don't see why you should exclude it if you're allowing that.

Technically, six and four.
    Erm, what?

Plus, I asked, and I can't have a multiple-answer question, regardless of if it's two answers, or multiple correct answers to a question. (I asked the developer of the plugin and he said this isn't possible, sadly.)
    I think he meant them as two seperate questions....

AFAIK, if you bork it, it'll just give you a new question.
    Well, in that case we don't need to worry so much, because if someone can't answer the question they'll just hit the "refresh" button.

Ding. Put it this way: It's harder for them to answer these than for them to know what state the city of Kankakee is in.
    Yep, and conversely it would be a lot harder for a human to answer the generic questions.

She's usually only carrying one of these, though.
    I wouldn't have known that....

It's not about stopping all spambots, just the majority. What we've put up should stop probably about 95% of automated spambots, though, as while a bot could google it, it'd have to somehow understand the question - which would mean the bot has to understand language, which is pretty much too damn complex. And, of course, a human spammer is slower.
    Well, true, but a question about Arcueid is a lot easier for them to do that with than one about Shirou or Shiki.

Basically, I'm willing to take the small chance that a spammer can google that, because it's still going to stop automated bots.
    I'm thinking more of automated spambots. It's not that hard to work out that it's asking for a name, google "Arcueid" and copy in the surname.

If I made them all centric around one game, people would complain. Let's face it. At the same time, none of these are stuff that someone couldn't look up.
    True, but FSN is the more well-known story, so you can be a bit more obscure with it.

Oh, I have a feeling you may be wrong here.
    I dunno.

One of the Far-Side heroines, would be my guess.
    Well, the thing is, whilst I will almost certainly sympathise with Kohaku, her approach to "solving" her problems is not one I like, because it's stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by KENTA View Post
    Shiki's personal maid doesn't have a last name. She's just _____
    I'm not sure everyone will know that, actually. I mean, most people will probably know it's one of Hisui and Kohaku, but I'm not sure they'd know which one.

Blog Entries
    say mike, out of curiosity, would you have gotten what shiki calls aoko?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    say mike, out of curiosity, would you have gotten what shiki calls aoko?
    Sensei?

I have played one route of Tsukihime, though, so....

Blog Entries
    yeah thats the one. just checking.

What are you talking about, Shiki calls Aoko 'that woman.'

As in, 'so you're that woman Touko keeps talking about.', or something along those lines'

TROLOLOLOL GOTTA BE MORE SPECIFIC
    <Satehi> I, satehi, thought of tentacles first for entirely inappropriate, disgusting, lewd and perverted reasons

Honk

Blog Entries
    *brofist*
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Would you rather have to complete __________ Chaos?
    Ahahaha, n- hold on. That's brilliant! put '(look at the address bar)' right after it in parenthesis!

She's usually only carrying one of these, though.
    True. As I said before I only got confused because I knew of other weapons she's used.

P.S. add DDD questions.

:)

Too bad no one will get them ;_;
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Too bad no one will get them ;_;
    You never know. Maybe someone will try to join who is a diehard DDD fan but knows nothing of any other Nasuverse work.

PFTHAHAHAHA

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    You never know. Maybe someone will try to join who is a diehard DDD fan but knows nothing of any other Nasuverse work.
    ...Yeeeeeah.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Which three characters would those be...?
    Shirou, Rin, and Saber. They're the only three who are heavily featured regardless of route, and some would argue Rin is almost a co-protagonist.

I would imagine there are a lot more TM fans who don't know the KnK question than there are people who wouldn't know that, so I don't see why you should exclude it if you're allowing that.
    Considering that Ryougi Shiki topped a recent Type-Moon Character poll, I'd say you're a bit more wrong on this than you think.

Erm, what?
    Tsukihime: Arcueid, Ciel, Akiha, Hisui, Kohaku, Satsuki.

F/SN: Fate, Unlimited Blade Works, Heaven's Feel, Illya Route.

I think he meant them as two seperate questions....
    Either way, I don't think they're very good ones. Especially since someone can just begin plugging in numbers.

I wouldn't have known that....
    If you'd have played Melty or looked up KnK, you would know it though.

Well, true, but a question about Arcueid is a lot easier for them to do that with than one about Shirou or Shiki.
    Again, I'm basically hedging my bet on that the spammers won't bother looking things up. Keep in mind the question is random, and obviously, the more questions we have, the less likely any one given question will be. Right now, it's about 1-in-12 or 1-in-13.

I'm thinking more of automated spambots. It's not that hard to work out that it's asking for a name, google "Arcueid" and copy in the surname.
    Spammers rarely take that much effort. For example, on the old vBulletin this license used to be on, it was Sega-related. One of the CAPTCHAs was "Complete the name: Sonic the __________." Spam registrations were rare and intermittent.

I don't think it'll be as much of a problem as you do.

True, but FSN is the more well-known story, so you can be a bit more obscure with it.
    The idea isn't to make them somewhat hard, the idea is to make them things most people would either know or at least be able to easily look up.

Well, the thing is, whilst I will almost certainly sympathise with Kohaku, her approach to "solving" her problems is not one I like, because it's stupid.
    And then you learn why she is doing it.

Suffice to say, Kohaku's got pretty good reasons to solve problems how she does.

I'm not sure everyone will know that, actually. I mean, most people will probably know it's one of Hisui and Kohaku, but I'm not sure they'd know which one.
    ...Anyone who's played Tsukihime would know this, and it could be looked up easily enough. There *IS* a Let's Play, after all.

Old Quote Crap!

Blog Entries
    Teams in the Grail war are made up of masters and ______. Archers hair color is _________. hisui is terrible at _________. Ciel's favorite food is _________. arc is a true ________ princess

Blog Entries
    Teams in the Grail war are made up of masters and ______. Archers hair color is _________. hisui is terrible at _________. Ciel's favorite food is _________. arc is a true ________ princess
    X1: That could work.

X2: Ah, but which Archer? Could be one of at least three colors.

X3: Too many answers to that.

X4: That will work.

X5: So will that, with some rewording.

Old Quote Crap!