Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Panophobia

Panophobia

It is said at the heart of every Soul there is fear.
    Fear of death, of the dark, the unknown creeping at the edge of thought.
    It is a primal thing, fear, and there are so many things to be afraid of, even in these modern times.
    It surrounds us all, and binds us together.
    Through fear, we become strong.
    Or we are smothered by our own weakness.

Panophobia

Premise

Right, here's what you guys need to know. You are students at Jonathan Edwards High School in the small town of Fairfield, in upstate New York. What calls you all together is a weekend detention, having committed some small, juvenile offense in the eyes of the school officials. However, not wanting some able-bodied youngsters to while away their time indoors on a nice spring day you're doing some community service!

Joy.

Still, upon arriving at the rickety old townhouse, you find yourself wondering why on earth can't they just pay some guys to come pick up the demo stuff? It's easy enough, right?

What could possibly go wrong.

Your Goals

Well, obviously, it's to go into this spooky old house and pick up whatever trash a bunch of laborers left around for a couple of hours, then go get Dairy Queen or something.

More seriously, you've heard some unsavory rumors about the prior occupants of the house, and while you haven't heard anything definite, you feel you should keep your eyes open and be ready for anything spooky.

Might be some Coyotes in there or some shit.

Anyway, on to stuff that matters!

Character Information

Name: Simple enough, right? Something that could come out of the US would be nice, but I'm not pushing for it.

Gender: Male or Female, boy, girl, whatever. Tumblr doesn't exist yet.

Appearance: animegirl dot jay pee gee here. Otherwise a concise written description would be fine as well.

Age: Somewhere between 15 and 18 would be nice, a high school aged student.

Background: Tell me about yourself! Anything spooky or scary or unexplainable you've run into is also encouraged. If you want to straight up rip an old age-appropriate PC out an old RP go right ahead. I'm already doing it. If you want to drop a character that your character is involved with, go ahead. I'll be happy to do less work coming up with NPCs.

Statistics

These stats follow the ordinary RP system of -, for no points, and A, for five, going upwards from E.

For instance, a rating of '-', in a stat would imply some degree of significant deficiency, and probably wouldn't be the most helpful for the immediate future. In contrast, a higher rating would imply some great degree of talent and skill in that area.

You've got 13 points to work with, for four stats.

BODY - Your natural ties to the physical world around you, make sure to keep your feet on the ground, ah?

Might - Your general physical fitness, musculature, raw power. ability to exert physical force on the world around you.

Speed - Your reflexes, nimbleness, agility. Fine-motor skills would also fall under this purview.

MIND - The power of the brain, mind over matter, be sure not to neglect your meat-sack too much.

Knowledge
    - Know-how, smarts, perceptiveness.

Willpower - Stubbornness, bravery, mental toughness.

And lastly-

Perks - What makes you so special?

What makes your character special, makes them stand out from the rest of the meatheads and poindexters of the world. How do you personalize yourself, make an individual out of that mass of teenage angst. Your specialties, to put it simply.

Tell me two of em, can't have you being too special, now.

As for slots, it'd probably be for the best if I go for about 5-6 players, I could squeeze in some more, but I worry it'd start getting a bit cramped at that point.

There are some NPCs that will be joining you after all. Some of them might be familiar!

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Is there an established time limit for sheets?

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Uh, hm, I'll say about 2-3 weeks, hard limit. Possibly less if there's significant interest.

Blog Entries
    Are you planning on enforcing post deadlines?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Probably, thinking about issuing an elastic limit at about a week or so. Though I'm planning on being lenient with that, as the RP will be starting around the time school will be starting for a lot of people.

So, yeah. Soft time limit of about a week or so, without an excuse, hard cap on two weeks, barring extreme stuff. Break two weeks with no word, you're out.

If you've got shit that'll tie you up, tell me about it, and we'll work something out. Otherwise, no mercy.

This is all very easy to say when the RP hasn't even started yet, but that's the current idea.

Yes, even for me.

Blog Entries
    good enough, ill see what I can do
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    and done.

Now you too can see one of my short, poorly formatted, grammatically problematic, and genrally uninspiring char sheets!

I think you have 6 stats not 4, even if two are lacking formatting.

Blog Entries
    I stumbled over that too, but I think it is 4. He just broke them up into two sections.

(if I'm wrong, I need to redo the sheet)

No, toby is right.

BODY and MIND are catagories.

They'll do things.

do not doubt my judgement peon :[

So, just to get a bit of a read on people out there. If you are intending on making a sheet or are interested in this sort of thing, I'd appreciate a heads-up!

And just so this post isn't just me being an anxiety-fueled mess, have this thing I spent about three seconds on!

Quote Originally Posted by Mormarth View Post
    No, toby is right.

BODY and MIND are catagories.

They'll do things.

do not doubt my judgement peon :[
    Yeah my apologies, sorry about that.

So, apparently I've made a bit of a misstep in my opening trying to keep things close to my chest and instead went the complete oppostie direction and gave not much to go on!

To put it simply enough, in this RP, for the opening act at least, you'll be going into a condemned old estate in the old part of town, it's rickety, mostly falling apart, and gives across the display that maybe this back-asswards town in the hills of Upstate New York used to have a sense of pride and dignity about itself.

Instead, as you gaze across the wide, barren and trash-strewn lot, it's become something of a junkie hung on the fix of corporate money.

To set the tone a bit, you'll be playing and interacting with a town and people that are, perhaps strange would be a good term to use. Isolated, maybe. There's one road out of town, and that one goes through the center of town, and up further into the hills, where you've got your ski resorts and rich people who are too hipster for Long Island.

The house itself, formerly the residence of a pretty wealthy family back in the 80's who's Patriarch bought the place, intending to fix the place up, and then about a year later, the whole family vanished, in a single night.

Cars were all there, nothing had been taken from the house, no blood, not a hair out of place.

Nothing ever really came of it, but speculation remains rampant to this day.

For a small out of the way town, you guys sure do have a lot to talk about, urban legends, terrible deaths and weird unsolved cases all over the place! Meanwhile, UniCorp extends their grip over the town, spearheading a initiative to clean up the de-used parts of the town, building parks and such.

Which, y'know, I guess isn't really terrible.

Also!

Because I didn't specify a date and my shit didn't match up because I'm a big ol' dummy, the current year is 1999!

*smoke bombs*

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alright.

I'll make a sheet for it.

Expect it today.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Does this have some kind of supernatural bent, or is it mundane? The title and opening text kind of imply the former, but I can't find any open admission of such...

...Or it is a secret? Just curious, since I'm not really planning to sign up. (My creative brain is too erratic to really work for RPs, I reckon)

the grand joke of this rp is that everything is actually just a bunch of bored hicks in masks.

But in all seriousness, yes there are supernatural things afoot.

US Friend Code

Just got outta work so I'll get workin
    PaD NA ID: GameManDan (318,600,328)Rank: 530Main: Savior Lightning, Shirou, and whatever flavor of the monthWorking: plus farming for days

I'm still at work and working on mine
    <Airen> I play hetero every once in awhile
    Spoiler:
    <~Katie> dude who gives a fuck about girls being gay, sometimes girls aren't gay and that decision should be respected

Spoiler:
    [12:21.40] that might be a top tier post[12:21.45] frantic[12:21.47] post of the month, even[12:21.48] this right here[12:21.49] is MC [12:21.56] johnny has nothing on this dude[12:22.00] he's the MC of the nisio half[12:22.12] so wait[12:22.15] [ ] is, after all, my rival character[12:22.16] am i the gag heroine[12:22.20] yes

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    sheet is in

but is it the sheet you needed