Page 138 of 858 FirstFirst ... 3888128133136137138139140143148188238638 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,760 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Aaron: I don't think it's really that wanked tbh. Proof of friendship is a neat skill. Phantasms are pretty cool. FC is actually very nice as well.

Demonic Charlemagne: This is a definite improvement from before. I can tell you tried to add some skills and flavor that tie directly into their lives. I like the theme of "he beats dudes and then puts them into his legions." That said, he might have a hard time actually winning against anybody the first time since most of his stuff is geared around what happens afterwards. Maybe add an additional skill or Phantasm to help beef him out? I don't think you need to delete this one, though, just edit that in and you'll be in good shape IMO.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by 4score7years View Post
    Cool sheet, and not someone I'd ever have thought of for Servant material, but you made it work. Are the spells he casts through his NP real, or also just 'Magic Tricks,' so to speak? Otherwise, no real complaints. I really like this one, it's creative. Nice work.
    Real spells. Although, he can make Magic Tricks appear as being cast by the illusion. It's just not a feature of the Noble Phantasm, since he can do that mundanely.

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Real spells. Although, he can make Magic Tricks appear as being cast by the illusion. It's just not a feature of the Noble Phantasm, since he can do that mundanely.
    I see. In that case, no further questions. Nice work. I'd actually really like to see this guy in actually HGW. It's something we haven't really seen before.
    Last edited by 4score7years; December 11th, 2016 at 11:52 AM.

Blog Entries
    I'd actually really like to see this guy in actually HGW. It's something we haven't really seen before.
    Then go write it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gally View Post
    Then go write it.
    Nah. I don't have the attention span to write something long like that. Besides, if I were to do it, it'd probably just be a straight war or an apocrypha set outside of Fuyuki, so I don't know if there would really be any interest anyway. I might enjoy writing it, but I don't know if I'd read a story so loosely tied to canon, without some sort of crazy twist like the Manhattan Project. Besides, cool as this sheet is, I'd prefer to just use my own stuff anyway, if I were to write anything at all, which I won't.

And speaking of my own stuff:

Servant Saber: Thomas Hobbes

Appearance

“The people of the modern world may not yet know it, but I am the only thing standing between them and assured ruination. I am their final chance, and I do not intend to fail. One day, they shall call me their savior.” -When first explaining his wish for Sovereign to his master.

Official Dishonored 2 Concept Art

Class: Saber
    True Name: Thomas Hobbes
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Region: England
    Alternate Classes: Caster, Ruler, Berserker, Avenger
    Armaments: A well-crafted yet simple sword. It is not Phantasmal, but it is able to trade blows with Noble Phantasms without breaking. While not a sword he actually possessed in life (he didn’t possess any swords in life), he gains it because swords are a symbol of his beliefs (as is explained in a later section). The sword looks like this.

Strength- B
    Endurance- C
    Agility- C
    Mana- C+
    Luck- B
    NP- A (EX)

Height/Weight: 5’11”/175 lbs
    Dislikes: Chaos, Revolutions, The Natural Condition of Mankind
    Talent: Philosophy
    Natural Enemy: John Locke, John Wallis

Class skills:

Riding: (D)
    One of two skills of the Saber Class. Hobbes was not known for his riding, and merely possesses this skill because of the class he was summoned in. As such, his riding skills are only slightly above average, and he cannot ride Phantasmal, Monstrous, or Divine Beasts.

Magic Resistance: (A)
    One of two skills of the Saber Class. At this rank, Hobbes is able to cancel spells of A-Rank or below, no matter what high-thaumaturgy it is. In practice, he is untouchable to modern magi, so that it would not be an exaggeration to call him a “Magus Killer.” Hobbes lived long after the Age of Gods, and never encountered any magic in his life. In fact, he denied the existence of spirits, souls, or magic altogether. In his mind, human beings were physical beings, whose every action could be explained through purely mechanical reasoning. In fact, he applied this principle to everything in the universe, even God, who he viewed as merely the beginning of a process. It is only because of this belief that his Magic Resistance is as high as it is. By applying this principle, he is able to selectively deny Magecraft and gain resistance rivalling heroes like the famous Arturia.

Personal skills:

Expert of Many Specializations: (B)
    This skill represents one’s talents in several fields. While most well known for his philosophy, Hobbes was also an extremely knowledgeable scholar, as many Enlightenment thinkers were. He studied history, geometry, physics, optics, law, theology, language, and ethics. He therefore gains the relevant skills from all of the fields that he studied, as well as an almost encyclopedic amount of general knowledge.

Monstrous Strength: (D)
    An ability possessed by monsters and beasts, temporarily boosting their strength parameter by one rank rank for a time limit determined by the ranking of the skill. Hobbes was not a monster, he was 100% human. However, he used the biblical monster known as “Leviathan” as a symbol for his government, and the monster has become associated with him. By tapping into this connection, Hobbes is able to gain a brief boost of strength that allows him to compete with those physically stronger than himself. He is not affected personality-wise and does not gain any other attributes of the monster.

Wisdom of the Enlightened Scholar: (A)
    A skill both representing and contributing to Hobbes’s skill as a philosopher. He had a fundamental understanding of human nature and the talent to explain his beliefs and observations convincingly. Put simply, this skill grants equivalent ranks in Human Observation and Incitement. This skill is key to Hobbes’s success, as it makes activating his Noble Phantasm Sovereign much easier.

Mana Burst (Flames): (B)
    A version of “Mana Burst” that infuses weapons with magical energy that imparts a flame effect. In Hobbes’s case, it allows him to imbue his sword with blazing flames of magical energy. While not a skill Hobbes possessed in life, he was once accused of having caused the Great Fire of London. This was not true, but it has become a part of his legend, and thus he possesses the skill.

Noble Phantasm(s)

The Natural State of Mankind
    War of All Against All

Type: Anti-Fortress
    Range: 1-40
    Max. Target: 50 people

The most well-known of Hobbes’s philosophical arguments, described in his now-famous book “Leviathan.” In this book, he imagined what society might look like without government, existing in a state he referred to as “The Natural Condition of Mankind.” In this state, everyone would be equal, and would have access to everything in the world. As a consequence of this, Hobbes believed that it would result in “war of all against all.” In a particularly famous passage, he further elaborates that “in such condition, there is no place for industry; because the fruit thereof is uncertain: and consequently no culture of the earth; no navigation, nor use of the commodities that may be imported by sea; no commodious building; no instruments of moving, and removing, such things as require much force; no knowledge of the face of the earth; no account of time; no arts; no letters; no society; and which is worst of all, continual fear, and danger of violent death; and the life of man, solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short.”

This Noble Phantasm crystallizes Hobbes’s philosophy on the horrific Natural State of Mankind. Upon invoking this Phantasm’s true name and drawing his sword back, the blade begins to swirl with red and black energy. He then swings his blade in a wide arc, unleashing the glowing energy from his blade in a powerful wave of energy which obliterates everything in its path. The slash does not have the same raw power of attacks such as Excalibur or Clarent Blood Arthur, but it has a second aspect that makes it equally dangerous.

More than simple destruction, the slash unleashes the concepts present in the Natural State of Mankind upon its victims: concepts such as ‘Violence’, ‘Instability’, ‘Decline’, ‘Corruption’, ‘Failure’ and ‘Ruination.’ Surviving this attack is rare, but surviving is almost as bad as dying, for this attack is a curse of the highest degree. It twists and corrupts its victims, rendering them unstable…turning them into ‘Alters’ of a kind, similar to the Grail Mud of the corrupted Grail. Furthermore, their luck parameter decreases by two ranks. Because of its power, this Phantasm obviously has a rather high mana cost.

While Hobbes obviously dislikes what this Phantasm represents, he also sees it as a fitting representation of why he must succeed in creating Sovereign. In his mind, this Phantasm reveals the ultimate fate of the world, should he fail in his task. He will use it either to obliterate those he sees as utterly beyond reason, or to demonstrate the need for Sovereign.

Sovereign
    The Philosopher’s Wish

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: N/A
    Max. Target: 1

Equal parts a Noble Phantasm and Hobbes’s most fervent wish, this ability represents his solution to the Natural State of Mankind. In the State of Nature, men are naturally and exclusively self-interested, they are more or less equal to one another, (even the strongest man can be killed in his sleep), there are limited resources, and yet there is no power able to force men to cooperate, inevitably leading to chaos. To prevent this, the solution is actually rather simple: a social contract. In this contract, a group of people cede their power and submit to an artificially more powerful and superior absolute ruler capable of forcing cooperation and peace. This ruler would allow for society to function. Hobbes referred to this person by the title of Sovereign.

To activate this Noble Phantasm, Hobbes must recreate this theoretical ’Social Contract.’ Hobbes cannot activate this Phantasm using his own power alone, or his Master’s power. He must assemble a group of twelve people (representing the Twelve Principles of Hobbes’s state) to accept the rule of the Sovereign. Hobbes and his Master may be included in the twelve. In addition, none of these people may be ordinary humans; they must have sufficient mana to contribute to the Phantasm. In other words, they must either be Magi or Heroic Spirits. These twelve cannot not be forced to accept Hobbes’s wish, they must truly believe in an absolute monarch, as he does, and must then recite the following oath (The Oath of the Commonwealth), submitting to this monarch:

I authorize and give up my right of governing myself to this man, or to this assembly of men, on this condition; that thou give up, thy right to him, and authorise all his actions in like manner.

When all twelve have sworn this oath, Hobbes may invoke his Phantasm and make his wish reality. This Phantasm allows for the creation of a being of absolute power, known simply as Sovereign. While this being is mortal, it was once described by Hobbes as a ‘Mortal God’, and such a title is perhaps the only way to accurately describe such a being, for no other words could do it justice.

While no larger than an ordinary human, there is no human like Sovereign. His body is physically perfect in every way. His skin glows brilliant gold. He radiates power and authority, such that those in his presence are overcome with a feeling of awe. For his enemies, this feeling is one of raw intimidation instead. His strength and speed surpass the greatest Heroic Spirits, and he is capable of flight, for, as Hobbes would say, “a god must be able to survey his dominion.” He wields a radiant sword capable of unleashing a wave of golden light outshining the holiest of swords. This light can have two effects. Either, it will heal injuries, sooth pain, and even undo effects like the ‘Alter Curse’ of the Natural State of Mankind, symbolizing the mercy and peace prophesied by Hobbes, or it can be a blinding wave of destructive energy that burns away all that it touches, symbolizing the judgement and absolute power of the Sovereign.

There is no doubt that Sovereign is a powerful being, superior to any ordinary human, or even basically any Heroic Spirit. However, he is not an infallible being, nor is he a true divine spirit. He is simply a mortal wielding absolute power. This is very important, as it serves as his greatest flaw and weakness.

Sovereign is an artificial being essentially created as the result of Hobbes’s dream. However, he is not a copy of Hobbes. Sovereign is an independent being capable of making his own decisions. Initially, he will do everything in his power to unite the world and fulfill Hobbes’s dream, but as time goes on, he may develop his own ideals differing from Hobbes’s. Depending on how this occurs, it is possible that Sovereign will attempt to reach the Grail himself. It is even possible that Hobbes and Sovereign’s ideals shall diverge to the point where they come into opposition with one another. While not likely, it is a definite possibility, depending on the events that occur. However, it would obviously not be a particularly even fight.

Creating Sovereign will seal his other Noble Phantasm, as the very purpose of Sovereign is as a solution to the problem of The Natural State of Mankind. As a final note, in the Caster class, Hobbes would have an easier time summoning Sovereign, but would be weaker in most other areas.

Lore
    Thomas Hobbes was an English philosopher during the Enlightenment, most well known for his political theory. Differing from later intellectuals of the period, Hobbes was a champion for Absolutism, and saw an absolute ruler as a fundamental aspect of a functional society. He believed that the natural state of man without such a sovereign would lead to violence and chaos. Furthermore, he thought it necessary for the people to create a social contract with a ruler to prevent such violence and to allow society to function. He defined society as a population beneath a sovereign authority, to whom all individuals in the society save the sovereign him/herself cede rights for the sake of protection. Rebellion is unacceptable because the sovereign’s power derives from individuals surrendering their own power for protection, and are therefore responsible for all decisions made by the sovereign. He did not believe in separation of power. Furthermore, the sovereign must possess all the power, separation of power is unacceptable and will lead to societal collapse.

Personality
    Stubborn, serious, and determined, Hobbes works tirelessly towards his goal of creating Sovereign. Like many philosophers, he truly believes in his ideas and theories. The democracies and free societies of the world are disturbing to him, for he believes that they will assuredly lead to ruination and collapse. He is determined to unite the world under Sovereign and assure that society can continue, and sees this as a task with importance beyond any other.

Though it may seem odd, Hobbes does not see his wish of bringing Sovereign into the world as tyrannical or cruel. In his mind, the modern world will fall apart without someone like Sovereign. More than that, in his mind, his wish is ultimately the only way for peace to occur.

Should he succeed in summoning Sovereign, he will act as a loyal servant (heh) and advisor. However, he will not be particularly understanding towards Sovereign’s struggle to find his own purpose and ideals. Should Sovereign ask him about Sovereign’s reason for existing, Hobbes will respond simply by saying that it is his duty to unite the world and create peace worldwide. To him, that is the sole purpose of a Sovereign. However, it is possible that this answer will prove unsatisfying to Sovereign

Saber Class Reasoning
    An odd fit for Hobbes. In life, he was not a famous knight or even known as a swordsman at all. However, the sword serves as a symbol for Hobbes’s ideas. A sword is a weapon and can symbolize the violence, chaos, and death caused by the Natural State of Mankind. However, the sword is also a symbol of justice and civilization; Hobbes himself used an image of a sovereign wielding a sword on the cover of Leviathan. A sword serves as a fitting representation of both aspects of the belief. For this reason, Hobbes is able to be summoned into the class Saber.

So, that was another Enlightenment dude. Thanks to Royd, who gave me some advice on the logistics of summoning Sovereign, and to Wildbow, the author of Worm, as the character of Scion was a major inspiration for Sovereign, as you will probably be able to tell. Somewhere along the road, this became pretty wanked, but whatever. Hopefully it's still an enjoyable read.
    Last edited by 4score7years; December 13th, 2016 at 09:17 PM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Certainly wasn't expecting to see Hobbes as a Saber of all things, though you did manage to do a fairly good job of justifying it. I imagined him as a Caster with the 'war of all against all' as a Bounded Field that erodes civilization and brings out people's worse impulses (sort of like Medusa's Blood Fort) but I admit your take is actually more creative and unusual.

Hobbes sounds like a good fit for a sympathetic main antagonist in a hypothetical Grail fic. Well, probably he'd stay in the background early on, gradually convincing people to his ideals before finally revealing himself. I imagine he'd end up dying shortly after Sovereign is summoned, leading it to become the true final boss for the heroes to band together and face (sort of like Avicebron and Adam).

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Hobbes sounds like a good fit for a sympathetic main antagonist in a hypothetical Grail fic. Well, probably he'd stay in the background early on, gradually convincing people to his ideals before finally revealing himself. I imagine he'd end up dying shortly after Sovereign is summoned, leading it to become the true final boss for the heroes to band together and face (sort of like Avicebron and Adam).
    Its like you read my mind. That was exactly how I was picturing it going down. Thanks for the comments, and thanks again for the advice on the mechanic behind summoning Sovereign.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    True Name: Thomas Hobbes
    Oh wow. I gotta say, you did really well to apply a lot of occultic and mystical stuff to a person that wasn't really mystical in life. The Saber class pick over the more obvious Caster class and the justification you used for it is pretty cool. Makes him seem more interesting that way. Definitely seems like a potentially really dangerous antagonist who'd eventually be betrayed by his own Sovereign as you've implied in the NP, even if you noted it's unlikely. I can imagine a scenario where he'd probably start off trying really hard to summon it and when he does it, it'd probably get it's own goals which would conflict with what Hobbes wants and he'd have to ally with other Servants to fix his ''mistake''.

Blog Entries
    Final showdown between Hobbes and Lancer John Calvin ends in a philosophical debate and a fist fight.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Alexcoene's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ail Don View Post
    a philosophical debate and a fist fight.
    Well, you can describe a lot of final fights in anime that way, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Adlet View Post
    Oh wow. I gotta say, you did really well to apply a lot of occultic and mystical stuff to a person that wasn't really mystical in life. The Saber class pick over the more obvious Caster class and the justification you used for it is pretty cool. Makes him seem more interesting that way. Definitely seems like a potentially really dangerous antagonist who'd eventually be betrayed by his own Sovereign as you've implied in the NP, even if you noted it's unlikely. I can imagine a scenario where he'd probably start off trying really hard to summon it and when he does it, it'd probably get it's own goals which would conflict with what Hobbes wants and he'd have to ally with other Servants to fix his ''mistake''.
    Thank you! I thought that two Caster!Enlightenment!Philosophers one after the other might get a bit old, so I decided to mix it up with the class choice.

And yeah, that was basically where I was going with it. I don't think you can really spell out the betrayal directly in the sheet, but if I were to actually write something using the character (which I probably won't), the potential interactions between them leading up to and following the betrayal would be pretty cool, and I thought the opportunity for character development of both Hobbes and Sovereign that would result would be interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ail Don View Post
    Final showdown between Hobbes and Lancer John Calvin ends in a philosophical debate and a fist fight.
    Get out of my head wth

Blog Entries
    Original
    Servant
    Alternative Classes: Caster, Ruler, Saver
    Master:
    True Name: Spirit of Jerusalem, the Holy City
    Sex: Male..?
    Height/Weight: 195cm/88kg

Appearance: Saber appears as an androgynous human being in elegant, if ancient, Israeli robes with neatly cut shoulder-length hair. Despite their body being covered with scars of all kinds, with burn scars being the most common, they radiate an inner sense of beauty.

Alignment: Lawful Good
    Dislikes: War, Death
    Talents: Survival, Knowledge of the Abrahamic faiths
    Natural Enemy: Nebuchadnezzar II

Stats
    Strength: B (A-)
    Endurance: A (A+)
    Agility: E (D
    )
    Magical Energy: A (A+)
    Luck: E (D)
    Noble Phantasm: A+

Skills
    Class Skills:
    Magic Resistance: EX
    Grants protection against magical effects. In addition to the Magic Resistance of their Class, Saber demonstrates high Magic Resistance due to their unwavering piety. It cannot cope with spells tied to the Abrahamic faiths, however.

Riding: E-The ability to ride and control mounts/vehicles. Being the anthropomorphisation of a city, Saber has no experience in riding animals or vehicles of any sorts. At this rank they could, maybe, ride on a horse or camel without falling off - they couldn’t control it, though.

Personal Skills:
    Protection of the Faith: A
    A Skill possessed only by those who have sacrificed themselves for a religious view. Despite being a form of divine protection, it is not a blessing from a higher existence. It is only the absoluteness of one's body and soul, which is born from faith. But if it is too high, it causes abnormalities in the personality.

Holy Defender of the State: A
    The capacity of a Servant to mark a region as their personal dominion by securing the surrounding leylines prior to an engagement. In truth, this skill is known as Demonic Defender of the State, but Saber has forcefully renamed it due to their distaste at being, in any way, referred to as demonic. Saber’s ability permits the reinforcement of their combat capabilities when fighting in their territory, gaining a combat power bonus equivalent to Rank B Mad Enhancement. They can only activate their Noble Phantasm within their personal dominion.

Pacifist Spirit: C
    A skill representing one’s pacifistic nature and desire to not fight. The City of Jerusalem has been repeatedly conquered throughout it’s history and, were it not a holy site for three major world faiths, would probably be its defining characteristic. At this rank it does not prohibit it’s user from fighting, but it does cause decrease their Strength upon entering combat. Saber’s greatest desire is to see everyone at peace with each other and stop fighting.

Equipment
    Saber is something of an odd fit for their class. Their Noble Phantasm is more befitting of a Caster than a Saber and when they do fight they always seem to use their bare hands, rather than any sort of sword. In truth, Saber has many swords- almost everybody who ever fought for Jerusalem now has their weapon (or a copy of it, at any rate) in the possession of Saber - but none of them are suitable for being Noble Phantasms, they don't even have the durability to strike a Noble Phantasm without breaking. There are some swords from Jerusalem's history that could be used as Noble Phantasms, but they are all another Heroic Spirit's Noble Phantasms and Saber does not have access to them.Saber similarly also has access to slings, bows, guns and any other weapon used in defence of the City of Jerusalem, bbut they are just as useless as their swords. In the end, it is simply more practical for Saber to fight with their bare hands.

Noble Phantasm
    Jerusalem, the Holy City: B (Anti-???)
    Saber’s Noble Phantasm resembles a Reality Marble, but as it is truly them releasing their true nature as the City of Jerusalem rather than them replacing the World with their own distorted view of it, it is more akin to a Marble Phantasm.When activated, the area surrounding Saber will simply become the City of Jerusalem, with their physical body remaining comatose within its center. Saber’s consciousness will become that of the city’s and they can control the city and everything within it, except for the people within it, who they can help or hinder as they please.On top of the city itself coming to life, any ‘invaders’ will also have to deal with spiritual entities who at least artificially resemble the angels of Abrahamic religion coming to assault them. These Angels are far from invincible and can be rather easily dispatched by a modern Magus, however will resurrect themselves a mere minute after being killed and more of them will appear the longer the ‘invaders’ remain within the city. The limit of Angels that can appear is unknown, with there potentially not being one.

Well, this is finally done. And I'm sure it was not worth the wait. Oh well...

Alternate Classes: Caster, Ruler, Saver
    Master:
    True Name: Jerusalem, the Holy City
    Sex: S͎̼͈͚ͧ͛̅̕ ̤͙̣͚̙͓̋͂̾̓ͪ̏ͅ ̺͈͕͉̗ͫ́ͅŤ̹͖̠̜̘̥̘̄̄ͩ̚U͂̂ͬ̈̓S̤ͨ̈́̋̾͆̆ ̓̌̇E̜̞̟̬̥̲͌̒̎͊̈͆̽R̭̙̲͍̥̰̱̎̉͗ͭR͈̟͖̘͕̳͕̒͜ R̫̗̩͋ͯ͒̂̚
    Height/Weight: 178cm/66kg
    Type: City, Phantom
    Source: History
    Region: Levant
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Attribute: Star

Appearance

Stats
    Strength: B (A)
    Endurance: A (A+)
    Agility: E (D)
    Magical Energy: B (A)
    Luck: E (D)
    Noble Phantasm: D

Skills
    ClassSkills:
    Magic Resistance: A Skill that grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether.
    EX: In addition to the Magic Resistance of their Class, Saber demonstrates high Magic Resistance due to their unwavering piety. It cannot cope with spells tied to the Abrahamic faiths, however.

Riding: A Skill denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. It is said that dragon-type mounts are an exception, requiring a different ability than Riding.
    E-: Truly only possessing this Skill due to their Class container, Saber never even came close to riding anything during their ‘life’. At this Rank, they could probably ride an animal without immediately falling off and embarrassing themselves - any attempts to actually control it, however, would result only in disaster.

Personal Skills:
    D̶e̶m̶o̶n̶i̶c̶ Holy Defender of the State: The capacity of a Servant to mark a region as their personal dominion by securing the surrounding leylines prior to an engagement. Forcefully renamed by Saber due to their distaste for the Skill’s name.
    EX: Being the phantasmical embodiment of a city, Saber is closely tied to the concepts of ‘land ownership’ and ‘state defense’ which gives them a high rank in this Skill. Not only does Saber receive a Stat-boost equivalent to an A-Rank in Mad Enhancement when in their claimed territory, they also gain access to a B-RankMana Defense Skill.

Nature of a Peaceful Spirit: A Skill representing the temperament of one who desires peace more than anything. Someone whose very nature is that of ‘a person who will never harm another’ and who dreads the next conflict. It also serves as a kind of Charisma-like force that makes those with non-malicious personalities find the Skill’s owner more trustworthy.
    C: Were they not a significant holy site for three of the world’s major faiths, Saber’s defining characteristic would likely be the fact that they have been conquered and ravaged a significant number of times throughout history. While Saber is not truly a pacifist, they are an existence that has become incredibly wary of violence over their ‘life’ - they will never truly be able to put their all into fighting without a Command Spell forcing them to.

Heart’s Desire: A powerful Skill that bypasses barriers such as Magic Resistance to drag its owner into a fever dream of obsession. Capable of instilling a deep yearning for the bearer in others even at low Ranks, Heart’s Desire could be considered a twisted reflection of Rosy-cheeked Adonis or Princess of Loveliness in the form of a curse. This Skill cannot be removed.
    A+: Although Saber themself desires nothing more than peace, their very existence creates conflict. At this Rank, only beings with high mental defences or specifically distorted psyches will be capable of resisting Heart’s Desire. All others will begin to obsess over Saber in varying ways, although the most common reason is that they will come to believe that Saber holds the keys to their salvation. It is highly likely that these delusions will come into conflict with each other, causing the affected to start fighting against each other over ‘possession’ of Saber - given enough time, large-scale wars will be sparked by Saber’s presence in the world.

Noble Phantasms
    Urusalima, City of Three Faiths: EX (Anti-???)
    Urusalima is Saber’s Noble Phantasm representing the truth of their identity as the ‘city of Jerusalem’. It resembles a Reality Marble, but it is not the manifestation of some internal world that is possessed by Saber, but rather the realization of an impossible truth. It does not replace a part of Gaia’s Reality Marble with their own nor is it an ability allowing Saber to alter parts of Gaia’s Reality Marble as if it was their own like the Marble Phantasm possessed by Nature Spirits. In truth, Urusalima is something closer and comparable to True Magic - it is something that should simply not be possible according being forced into possibility by the power of Akasha. The City of Three Faiths is an EX-RankedNoble Phantasm due to the impossible, reality-warping nature of it rather than it being immensely powerful.

In its ‘normal’ form Urusalima is a stone short-sword that's blade would be shaped like a leaf were it not so badly chipped. It looks as if it should break apart the minute it strikes something, but the weapon is nigh-impossible to damage due to its nature. The weapon qualifies as a holy sword, which makes it effective against beings of a monstrous or demonic nature, but it is not capable of shooting beams of energy like other holy sword Noble Phantasms typically are.

When the City of Three Faiths’ true name is called out The World is reminded of Saber’s true nature and attempts to fix the problem of there being two ‘cities of Jerusalem’ in the world by destroying the copy, which first manifests as the sword crumbling apart into dust which then transform into motes of mana. However at this point Akasha intervenes and, in a process that resembles the First Magic in the same way that Avalon’s usage resembles the Second Magic, rapidly multiplies those motes of mana untold times and re-solidifies them in the form of the ‘city of Jerusalem’. Not a copy of the city made of mana that is slowly being crushed by The World. Not a Reality Marble containing a copy that will disappear once the ‘user’ runs out of magical energy. A second Jerusalem, just as real as the first and recognized by Gaia as being equally as legitimate, will appear and replace everything that used to be there. Any human, animal, spirit, etc… that was within the area replaced by Urusalima will not be erased but everything else will - it simply vanishes as if it never existed.

Saber, in the form they used to exist in, will also be gone. That is because the city itself is Saber. Every stone brick, wooden frame, glass ceiling, metal pipe… the city itself is alive and sapient, possessing Saber’s mind and capable of being manipulated by their consciousness. Servants will no longer be able to use their spiritual form to pass through walls, as everything is technically a spiritual body itself. Walls will strengthen themselves as if a master magus had reinforced it to stop enemy Servants from breaking through them, doors will lock themselves so that enemy Masters cannot leave rooms - if Saber expends enough energy than the layout of the city can be changed so as to turn itself into an ever-changing maze. It should go without saying that, in such a form, the Skills possessed by Jerusalem as a Servant are no longer available - except for Heart’s Desire, as such a curse cannot be removed simply by changing one’s existence.

Of course, that isn’t the only ability of Urusalima once activated; the City of Three Faiths is protected by God until the end of days, after all. Daemons in forms resembling those of Angels described in the holy books of Christianity, Islam and Judaism will begin to manifest if Jerusalem wills it so. The energy cost of doing this is so high that doing so is an important decision even for an entity which can directly tap into nearby leylines with near perfect efficiency. The strength of these ‘Angels’ can vary heavily from individual to individual, but they should all be capable of challenging a Servant of average strength.

At this stage, there is only two ways to actually defeat Jerusalem. The first is to near-totally demolish the city - Jerusalem must be reduced to the ruins in order for their consciousness to fade and although their soul will return to the Grail like a Servant’s the city created by Urusalima will remain. The second method is to find the remains of the First, or Solomonic, Temple and dig up the center - the location where God once supposedly resided is where Jerusalem’s spiritual core can be found and destroyed by enemies.

Personality & Relationships
    Saber is an old soul who has seen and experienced far too much violence. They generally maintain an uplifting attitude, trying to keep everyone around them happy, but their Heart’s Desire Skill inevitably brings ruin upon them and everyone around them. When this happens, they will struggle not to be overcome with self-loathing and will begin to subconsciously believe that it is simply better for them to be killed off - they are unlikely to commit suicide but the resistance they put up to someone trying to kill them will decrease.

If they manage to find someone who is immune to Heart’s Desire there is a near absolute chance that they will try to befriend them and a substantial chance that they will fall in love with them - ironically, they may become obsessive over this person in a way similar to those affected by Heart’s Desire.

Dislikes: Conflict, Obsession
    Talents: Survival, knowledge of Abrahamic lore
    Natural Enemy: Nebuchadnezzar II

Lancer Artoria/Lion King: “Ah… I’m sorry, you seem nice but... something about you makes me uneasy…
    Baldwin IV: “I’m sorry that I was unable to help ease your burdens in life, perhaps I can make up for it now?
    David: “I do hope you’re not going to try and make me your wife too, young man.
    Solomon: “To tell you the truth… despite taking after your father in some rather unfortunate ways, you were always one of my favourites.
    Last edited by Crying; April 2nd, 2018 at 11:52 AM.
    Certified F/GO hater.

My Servants

The starting penalty is five.

Quote Originally Posted by Crying View Post
    True Name: Spirit of Jerusalem, the Holy City
    It's strange, but it's very interesting. Pacifist Nature is a particularly unique skill. I also really like the flavor of his useless non-Phantasmal weapons, and think that the Noble Phantasm is pretty creative. You shouldn't downplay yourself; you've got some great ideas.

Blog Entries
    So, that suggestion you made for a Servant that was the embodiment of the City Of Jerusalem wasn't a joke after all, then? Huh.

She's pretty interesting conceptually, though the sheet itself is a little sparse and it feels like there's a lot more you could've done with the 'literal embodiment of Jerusalem' idea. I'd recommend adding some kind of Personality or Lore section to flesh her out a bit at least.

Or, for extra flavor how about a Skill that makes anyone who looks at Saber (without resistance to mental interference) begin to view her as their 'ultimate desire' and go to any lengths to 'conquer' her, to the point of even fighting against their own allies. That'd fit with how she was considered to be the ultimate holy city in Judeo-Christian lore and the object of so many holy wars. It'd also make for fascinating irony in that she herself would be peaceful but bring about overwhelming conflict just by existing; again, like Jerusalem itself. Just an idea.

She's pretty interesting conceptually, though the sheet itself is a little sparse and it feels like there's a lot more you could've done with the 'literal embodiment of Jerusalem' idea. I'd recommend adding some kind of Personality or Lore section to flesh her out a bit at least. Or, for extra flavor how about a Skill that makes anyone who looks at Saber (without resistance to mental interference) begin to view her as their 'ultimate desire' and go to any lengths to 'conquer' her, to the point of even fighting against their own allies. That'd fit with how she was considered to be the ultimate holy city in Judeo-Christian lore and the object of so many holy wars. Just an idea.
    Her?

And yeah, while I do really like your ideas, a couple of areas, most notably the Phantasm IMO, could benefit from a little more detail. (What can he do as the city? What do the angels look like? Etc.)

Blog Entries
    Her?
    Well yeah, they're described as androgynous in the sheet itself but Crying originally proposed his idea as a girl (I think?) and they sound more feminine then not anyway so I'm going with that for convenience.

Well yeah, they're described as androgynous in the sheet itself but Crying originally proposed his idea as a girl (I think?) and they sound more feminine then not anyway so I'm going with that for convenience.
    Why not just use "They?" Besides, under gender, it's listed as "Male???" anyway.

But that is something of a trivial detail anyway.

Blog Entries
    Why not just use "They?" Besides, under gender, it's listed as "Male???" anyway.

But that is something of a trivial detail anyway.
    I guess I just like the idea better as a girl. Sue me.

I guess I just like the idea better as a girl. Sue me.
    As I said, it's really whatever.

Blog Entries
    Did you shitlord just assume that beautiful city's gender kys

Does this mean the Crusades was really a giant otome game