Page 194 of 858 FirstFirst ... 94144184189192193194195196199204244294694 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,880 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    SSW: That's actually a really funny and creative first Servant. Never would've thought of adapting Gulliver's Travels into the Fate setting, but you pulled it off surprisingly well. I particularly like the idea of a compass needle serving as a sword and his second NP, which sounds like it could result in all sorts of appropriately silly shenanigans.

Personality is also amusing, and I got a kick out of the My Little Pony reference. Overall, great job on your first sheet!

Welcome to Beast's Lair, and dang, that's actually a sweet Servant. Nice work! The humor works, and it's super creative! I also didn't really think Gulliver's Travels would really work in the Fate-Verse, but this is very well made, especially for a first sheet. In particular, your justification for the flying city ("Actually, Gulliver has no claim to own this island, but it seems to run on the rule so common to explorers - that whichever European found it first, owns it. In any case, the inhabitants don't seem to be complaining.") is great, as is "Whispers from the Dead."

Good stuff. Once again, welcome, and I look forward to any future sheets.
    Last edited by 4score7years; January 17th, 2017 at 11:28 PM.

Blog Entries
    Added to Yuenü,

New Skill (replacing Eternal Arms Mastership) -

Spoiler:
    Ying and Yang (A):
    The ability to mask one's presence as a Servant while also preventing degradation of the effectiveness of their attacks.

Saber trained entire armies in her way of the sword, which she invented herself. With her technique, no matter who she faced in her travels nor how many of them there were, she was able to defeat them.

After she disappeared during a certain incident where she single-handedly assaulted a castle and defeated its garrison of six thousand strong to hunt down a woman whom had stolen her first love, two things were passed down in legacy: a small portion of this technique in its true, complete demonstration and the holding of hand to bosom. That is to say, the later formation of large scale conflict and all the broken hearts left in its wake.

'The ultimate sword skill', Saber's technique was thus that even being taught the smallest portion of it and then teaching that to others—a pale shadow of a pale shadow—one could face one hundred, and one hundred against one thousand.

New NP (second one, used as a last resort or if you really piss her off) -

Spoiler:
    Behind The Door, Is Neither Human Nor Tiger (EX, Barrier / A, Anti-Personnel):
    When faced with an opponent she has no hope of defeating and close to death or in order to save the life of her Master, Saber is able to channel all of her remaining mana to encase her body and sword in a barrier which amplifies her parameters to extraordinary levels for one, final burst.

Those who try to dissipate the barrier cannot break it, as the speed at which it cyclones around Saber is so lethal it seems to bend and shape the world itself. A pseudo-Reality Marble, behind the dance of her sword is the manifestation of a tiger in all its ferocity.

By surrendering herself to the beast in her heart, Saber becomes a force of nature obliterating all in her path at the cost of her own life.

- - - Updated - - -

Stole these from Sasaki and turned them up to 11 because hey, why not.

New NP made with the intention to tank Excalibur by warping it around herself or for a better image by parting the Red Sea of beamus.
    Last edited by Historia; January 18th, 2017 at 04:28 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gally View Post
    Yuenü Strengthening Quest
    I really like both of these additions. Nice job.

I agree, those are both very well done.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's been a while since Gally threw down the gauntlet for her, but here she is.

===============================

Source: (X)

Servant: Avenger
    True Name: Deirdre
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Place of Origin: Ireland (Ulster Cycle)
    Attribute: Earth
    Traits: Humanoid
    Armament: Rod, Sword, Cloak

STR: D
    END: D
    AGI: B
    MGI: C
    LCK: E
    NP: B

Height/Weight:
    170cm/60kg
    Likes: Snowy winter mornings, Quiet men of strong character
    Dislikes: Stalkers,
    Talent: "Trophy Wife"
    Natural Enemy: Conchobar mac Nessa, Éogan

Class Skills

Avenger: B
    A skill representing the state of one that gathers people's hatreds and grudges onto oneself. Those around the servant consider her as an enemy but those negative emotions immediately turn into strength. Her vengeance is mitigated because she knows that no matter what, her wish will never be granted.

Oblivion Correction: A

The ability to hold onto a grudge, even though others forget. This single minded determination increases the damage dealt by critical strikes in battle.
    After being kidnapped by the "Great King" of the land and her lover butchered by his brother-in-arms in front of her, she held onto her hatred for the rest of her life and could not let go of it.

Self-Replenishment: D

The determination of someone who has directed their entire being into avenging themselves. Until they achieve their revenge, their mana will endlessly keep springing out. Mana will be recovered every turn, even if only a minuscule amount.

Personal Skills:

Battle Continuation: A

The strength of vitality for predicaments. Also, the ability to withdraw from combat and reach allied territory alive after being defeated. At this rank it is possible to fight even with deadly injuries and can remain alive so long as one does not receive a decisive fatal wound.
    In life, Avenger suffered no physical wounds, save her one that ended her life. However after she was kidnapped and her lover butchered by his brother-in-arms in front of her, she did not eat, sleep or rest for an entire year and would not touch her captor. Thus it is the manifestation of her will and refusal to die… unless she chooses to.

Hero's Widow: C
    A skill denoting one's existence as a human to simply be 'The spouse of a dead hero'. Allows for the viewing of another Heroic Spirit's legend; seeing their skills and identity. In the case of Avenger it causes her to despise them if their legend had love in it.

Maiden of Chaos: EX

A curse from the previous life of a heroic spirit that continues to plague them now in the form of a 'Skill'. The possession of a timeless and perfect beauty that causes the owner to be unfortunate in the affairs of love. In addition those who Avenger is emotionally attached to will receive a Rank Down in MGI and LCK. In the case of Avenger, it acts like constantly active Charm-type Mystic Eyes with power closer to a curse with those who gaze upon her face or body gaining new desires such as:

"I want her",

"I will take her for myself",

"She belongs to me",

"I will kill anyone who gets in our way."

Naturally she keeps her body and face concealed at all times.

Noble Phantasms:

Fragarach
    Gouging Sword of the Scorned Lover

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1~10
    Max Targets: 1

A famous Noble Phantasm in Celtic mythology. Originally, the short sword belonged Manannan mac Lir before being passed down to Lugh and then gifted from Manannan to Naoise - the lover of Avenger - for his personal use. It is a powerful weapon with several enchantments to it. Said to "Cut through any armour", it automatically bypasses any defences that are not a Noble Phantasm. It is capable of controlling the winds and in its base form compressed winds into super-high pressure air with a massive amount of magical energy, which distorts the light around the blade.

This application both hides the identity of the weapon and thus any connection to Avenger as well as making it difficult for the opponent to deduce the length of the blade in combat. However it can also be used as an attack with the winds turning into a projectile weapon and fire a blade of super pressurised air called Fragarach: Gouging Blade of Wind although it can only be used once at the cost of the sheath of wind around the blade and having to charge by reconstructing its cover and this attack reveals the blade for a moment, allowing it to be seen.

The next enchantment is of 'Immobilisation and Truth', when the blade is held to a targets throat, they can neither lie nor move however if the target has a skill that allows them to resist mental interference regardless of rank then they are not affected. In addition this third enchantment does not work on servants with 'Mad Enhancement' due to not possessing the clarity to answer.

Answerer
    That Which Cuts Last Comes First

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1~30

The mightiest enchantment upon the blade Fragrach. Therefore it is not truly a separate Noble Phantasm, but a separate ability of the sword. It is an "Ace-Killing Joker" and the ultimate counter to the "Trump Card". Once the foe launches their strongest attack, the blade is launched towards the enemy whilst rewriting causality to make sure it fires first. An ability that uses one's own life as bait to counter with a one-turn instant kill that would void the attack of the opponent.

Against passive trump-like abilities that are constantly active it can be used against them at any time while if used on a Rider class servant, it would likely destroy their mount if that was the Noble Phantasm. It can be used without the 'Answerer' effect but attack power is greatly reduced and equivalently just a bolt of light and would lack power against servants. the ability Toole Fragarach: Gouging Great Sword of the War God that uses three successive strikes of Fragarach without its countering ability against the enemy can also be used at triple the mana cost, however it can be used best by Naoise.

Is Féidir Liom a Titim
    My Scattered Blood is Red Like Roses

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    Range: 0

A Noble Phantasm acting as the crystallisation of her death, leaping out of a chariot at high speed to suicide. A charging attack where the form of Avenger warps to that of a semi-corporeal wraith shrouded in black and white smoke. She travels forward at high speed to attack her target, although charging at high speed her preferred methods of attack are to inflict the most pain and fear possible - usually grabbing her victim by the ankle and flying high up into the sky before dropping them or smashing their head into a wall and dragging it at high speeds - like a bloody cheese grater.

Lore

Deirdre was the daughter of the royal storyteller Fedlimid mac Daill. Before she was born, Cathbad the chief druid at the court of Conchobar mac Nessa, king of Ulster, prophesied that Fedlimid's daughter would grow up to be very beautiful, but that kings and lords would go to war over her, much blood would be shed because of her, and Ulster's three greatest warriors would be forced into exile for her sake.

Conchobar decided to have her raised in secret away from men so he could marry her when she was 'Old Enough'. As a young girl, living isolated in the woodlands, Deirdre one snowy day told Leabharcham that she would love a man with the colours she had seen when a raven landed in the snow with its prey: hair the colour of the raven, skin as white as snow, and cheeks as red as blood.

She met such a man, Naoise. A handsome Knight of the Red Branch. They fell in love, it was good and pure. She, Naoise and his brothers fled the country so they could be happy in peace as every other man who saw her tried to kidnap her for their own, eventually ending up on a remote island. She and Naoise even started a family of their own.

Conchobar hunted them down and sent spies to track Deirdre. The first - Leabharcham, to protect Deirdre, told the king that Deirdre was now ugly and aged. Conchobar then sent another spy, Gelbann, who managed to catch a glimpse of Deirdre but was seen by Naoise, who threw a gold chess piece at him and put out his eye. The spy managed to get back to Conchobar, and told him that Deirdre was as beautiful as ever. Using Fergus' geis to lure him away, Conchobar found the happy family and commanded the Knights of the Red Branch (whom he commanded) to kill them all but Deirdre. Reluctant to do so they fought and Naoise thought them off best as anyone could before he was bound by rune magic and impaled on a series of spears by Éogan mac Durthacht.

After forcefully taking Deircre to be his wife, Deirdre lived with him for a year, never smiling, never eating, never sleeping and refusing to be touched by anyone. Conchobar asks her what it is she hates, and she replies, "you, and Éogan mac Durthacht." Conchobar gives her to Éogan, saying she "Now looked like an ewe between two rams", in a final act of defiance on the chariot ride to Éogan she leaped out to dash her head to pieces against a rock.

Personality

Despite being taught to behave like an emotionless doll, she is… or rather was full of life, compassion affection and love. If not for the tragedy to occur in her life she would have lived and died as the perfect wife. However having your lover and all your friends butchered before you then being kidnapped by their murderer while no one seemed to give a shit tends to mess things up.

She is only really capable of certain expressions; Sorrow, Grief, Regret and Unyielding Rage. Deirdre is a very sombre and depressed individual, always believing that the worst possible outcome will occur and detests happiness in general as it only makes pain hurt that much more. As the lead of the most tragic love story in her land, her existence is 'One who cannot allowed to be happy'. Therefore no matter how good things get for her - they cannot last, her hope and happiness are destined to be destroyed. Which is why she is repressing all positive emotion. If Deirdre can't feel, then she can't be hurt, right? This has been exaggerated to a degree where she will push away those who seek to befriend her and comfort her as it would spare them a sticky end. If Deirdre were to feel as if she was to become friends or even fall in love with someone, she'd wait till they were asleep before sneaking into their room and snapping their neck to save her from hurting again. Such actions put her on a somewhat similar wavelength to a certain valkyrie.

She utterly detests self entitled brats and abusive men due to suffering from them in her life. If she were to come across such men in a grail war - even if they were civilians not connected to the war in the slightest then a string of particularly gruesome murders may happen to occur. Indeed if the so-called 'Great King' Conchobar mac Nessa and Éogan were to be summoned, they would be her first targets… and the last ones to actually die.
    She would like to wish to be with her first love Naoise but considering her luck and the deeds she'd commit to do so… she has a more practical wish. A world without emotion. That’s what a hero does right, save others from pain?

Bond Lines:

Lvl.1: "Thank you for summoning me. I've no interest in you or your goals are but I need you alive so that I may take my vengeance upon those who have scorned me. I will let you know now that I shall not be engaging romance with you."

Lvl.2: "I am an Avenger, the only class I can be summoned in. I lacked the strength to take my vengeance in life but… Fufufu. I t seems there has been an upside to my legends fame after all. Now vengeance will be mine! HAHAHA! FEEL THE RETRIBUTION OF LOVE!"

Lvl.3: "…There were two men who took everything from me. They killed the only person who genuinely cared for me. They ruined my life so they could… show me off like a trophy. Because they 'Wanted a beautiful wife.' I will never be treated this way again. I would slaughter every man who would treat a woman this way… be reduced to a 'thing!'… Could you please stop gazing at me like that Master?"

Lvl.4: "Naoise was my lover. The only good man in my life. He loved me for who I was, not what I was… A rosebud surrounded by weeds and worms. He'd still be the perfect man while I've become someone else entirely. I miss him. But look at me… You can smell the fucking blood on my hands. He wouldn't recognise me at all after what I've become… What I've done. If I were to bring him back, he'd probably kill himself out of disgust. I'm sorry but could you please go? I need to be alone. Didn't you hear me? I SAID GO!"

Lvl.5: "Y-You've been looking at me the same way they did… I've no choice, keep this up and I'll have to kill you eventually. I'm sorry, your friendship was nice while it lasted but this is the only way to stop you turning into a beast. Forgive me, I won't… he won't."

Relationships:

Conchobar mac Nessa/Éogan: *Target located. Pursuing Target. Immediately starts stabbing* (All occurring within a second of glancing them)

Cú Chulainn: I heard you were unlucky with women, kind of like how I was unlucky with women. Now while I have Fragarach on you, tell me what happened with Aife?

Brynhildr: So I hear that everyone you love dies too. I'm so sorry, someone as kind and beautiful as yourself doesn't deserve that. I know your pain, no matter what happens they always end up dead in front of me… Could you tell me about Sigurd? He seems so wonderful~

Karna: That man. He's different. Not an ounce of cruelty in his blood… Regardless of all the suffering he went through, he's still practically a saint. He's a better man than most. He looks nothing like Naoise but they seem so similar… Gah! Y-you… You heard me?! Could you please forget that?! Really? Thank you. I mean it.

Naoise: "My love... Master Guda(k)o, I am no longer worthy to be in his presence. That is the cost of my vengence. There is no way he could stand me if he were to see me for what I am now. So for the sake of my heart... and your head, please don't summon him.

Key Words/Craft Essences

Morning Dew
    "Ahhh, I loved him.
    So beautiful, funny and intelligent. But above all…
    He was kind to me.
    And I mean genuine kindness, not pretending to be a friend just so he could bed me.
    Admittedly it's a low bar but frankly no other man has reached it."

Answerer
    (Level 10 Bond)
    "It was his sword, not mine. Never mine.
    A blade that required finesse and actual skill, not shooting beams or anything.
    Cut away their defences, make them speak the truth, force the truth from their lips,
    Even striking them down before they could move.
    Fragarach is the greatest sword of all.
    Forgive me my old love, I have work to do…
    You would hate me for it.
    I'll return the sword one day."
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; June 16th, 2017 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Added Conchobar Links

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    It's been a while since Gally threw down the gauntlet for her, but here she is.
    Bazett would like to have a word with you.

Blog Entries

Source:
    http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=42578429
    Class: Rider
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Origin: Historical
    Region: Britain

Parameters
    Strength: C
    Endurance: B
    Agility: D
    Mana: E
    Luck: C
    NP: C

Height/Weight: 162cm/46kg
    Dislikes: Britons, Venutius, being poor
    Talents: Treachery
    Natural enemy: Boudicca
    Attribute: Man
    Traits: Female, Servant, Human, Roman(?)
    Armament: Her fabulous self, of course. What are you implying with that?

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance: (D)
    Magic Resistance grants protection against magical effects. Differently from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether.
    In tandem with Rider’s Personal Skill, this skill’s rank drops to E along with her other stats.

Riding: (C++)
    Riding,the Class Skill of Rider and Saber, is the ability to ride mounts. Rider-class Servants will typically possess a high rank, and A-rank can allow for Phantasmal Beasts and Divine Beasts to be mounted. It is said that dragon type mounts are an exception, requiring a different ability other than Riding.
    Though normally only possessing a rank allowing her to ride properly trained animals and other non-magical mounts, Rider’s Personal Skill has affected her Class container to such a degree that she qualifies as a Rider proper. Just don’t ask her to explain the mental gymnastics.

Personal Skills:

Imperial Privilege (False): (A-)
    Imperial Privilege is an ability that, due the insistence of the owner, Skills that are essentially impossible to possess can be obtained for a short period of time. In cases when the Rank is А or above, even the "burden to the body" is acquired (such as Divinity).
    The skills included are Riding, Charisma, Golden Rule (Wealth and Body), and Military Tactics.

Rider’s adoration of the Roman occupational forces during her rule and Roman culture as a whole has twisted Rider’s own sense of self just a little bit. As one of the few British queens who accommodated the Romans and refused to rebel against their rule, Rider’s blown her own involvement of Roman Britannia’s brief thriving state completely out of proportion. So much so, that she makes it her mission to adopt all things Roman as an aspect of her personality.
    Of course, a delusional mind isn’t enough to warrant such a rare Personal Skill. However, in tandem with a hidden skill of Rider’s, Gift of Gab, she’s gained a false version of the traditional skill of the emperors. Why she couldn’t just be happy with her own skill, we don’t know.

Curse of the Druid: (C)
    A curse levied against Rider after her ultimate betrayal of all of Britain. In the year 51 the British king, Caratacus, leader of the Catuvellauni tribe, who had led the Celtic resistance to the Romans, sought sanctuary with the Brigantes to rally support for his cause following his defeat by Ostorius Scapula in Wales, however Rider treacherously handed him over to the Romans in chains, an action which led to her being cursed by the chief Celtic Druid.
    Harboring similar effects to Weak Constitution, Rider’s stats have a chance to fall randomly when exposed to uninterrupted nature, the source of power for the Druid. Rider will attempt to play this off by claiming she’s allergic to trees and that only nerds and poor people associate with nature. Is she really fooling anyone, though…?
    If Rider keeps civilization within her sights at all times, the effects will be negated. However, even after a five minute walk in the park, she’ll start becoming sluggish and weak.
    Outside of the wilderness, this skill functions as Evaporation of Sanity of the same rank.

Information Erasure: (D+)

Information Erasure is the removal of information regarding the Servant's true name, abilities, and appearance from the records and memories of all witnesses, including the opponent, following the conclusion of an engagement.
    Rather than actively working to remove information, Rider instead channels this skill as a focus on her historical obscurity, if only to boost her personal mysteriousness. It’s not fair that the chesty witch gets a bigger place in history, after all! It substitutes the persona of a [mysterious rider] as the only information one takes away from an encounter with her.
    The Jewel of Britannia, mysterious idol #1! Burn the image of Roman resplendence into your minds!
    Because of their nearly equal ranks, Rider’s slightly higher Evaporation of Sanity will always guarantee that at least one piece of information will be left behind in Rider’s absence. However, it’ll probably be cryptic and wreathed in misspelled Latin.

Noble Phantasm
    Harley-Davidson Road King 11
    Roaring Steed of Treachery

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 1
    Max Target: 11

Sporting a Twin Cam 88 engine housed in a chassis reminiscent of the early muscle bikes, nostalgia comes rolling hard into the modern day on the Road King. The look is timeless but the machine beneath roars with a horsepower not seen since actual horses.
    In actuality, the 11 Celtic kings who resigned to Rome’s expansionist powers have been sublimated into a...strange form. As her idealistic comrades in life and death, their meager powers are Rider’s to command, but they probably wish she’d chosen a different way to do it.

Sentient and perhaps more intelligent than Rider herself, the Road King contains the collected power and wisdom of those several forgettable kings. However, they achieve little more than a glorified Kamen Rider mount like this. The Road King is self-driving, capable of a manner of speech with Rider, and is paramount to her final transformation.

The final charge of the Road King takes up all of its power. As the bike is no more powered by gasoline as it powered by the souls of Heroic Spirits with an E- rank in Independent Action, the Road King does have a minor degree of power to display now that all 11 are working together. Flipping the Overdrive switch, Rider flies through a crowd in a blaze of rose petals. Take cover, you peasants!

As the souls powering the bike are comparatively useless given their stature and mark in history in life, 9 times out of 10 the Road King will be on “empty” after using this special move. However, it can be “refueled” with the souls of anyone who has experienced true submissiveness to a larger power; in this way, even a Heroic Spirit can be converted to gas if the conditions are right. It takes about 10 ordinary humans to equal one of the kings resting in the Road King, which doesn’t seem explicitly difficult for a real scumbag Master. You definitely won’t like how she actually has to refuel it, though.

Hibernian Pillar
    Fly! O Knight of Conspiracy!

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    Range: 0
    Max Target: 1

If Rider is blatantly ripping off sentai works, it only makes sense that she has a henshin, doesn’t it?
    After calling out its true name, Rider is surrounded by an extraordinary light. As it dissipates, the mild-mannered Rider has been replaced with Rider Britannia, Pillar of Hibernia!

The Road King has taken on the properties of armor, although the kings inside probably wish they’d be covering a little more of this revealing anti-hero.
    Rather simplistic, Hibernian Pillar ascribes “+++” modifiers to Rider’s Strength, Agility, and Endurance parameters for a short time. Unlike the Road King’s charge, Hibernian Pillar is actually easier for Rider to use continuously, as the souls inside the bike are not being punished to their fullest extent.

Lore

Standing next to Westminster Bridge and the Houses of Parliament in the heart of London is a giant bronze statue of a woman with her two daughters on a chariot. This was Boudicca, the queen of the Iceni tribe, and arguably one of the most well-known figures from Roman Britain of the 1 st century A.D.

Less well-known, but perhaps more significant was Cartimandua, the queen of the Brigantes tribe. Although both women were powerful figures in their own right, one distinctive feature that separated the two queens was their policy towards the Romans. Whilst Boudicca famously led a rebellion against the Romans, Cartimandua pursued a more pro-Roman policy.

Cartimandua’s tribe, the Brigantes, occupied the region known today as northern England, and was said to be the largest tribe on the British Isles. When the Romans under the emperor Claudius invaded Britain in A.D. 43, Cartimandua may have already been the leader of the Brigantes. It is also possible that Cartimandua was one of the eleven rulers of Britain who surrendered to Rome without a fight, as mentioned on the inscription on the now lost Arch of Claudius. Thus, the Brigantes tribe was a client kingdom of Rome, whose loyalty to the empire ensured its autonomy.

In A.D. 51, the leader of the Catuvellauni tribe, Caratacus, was finally defeated by the Romans after resisting them for almost decade. He decided to flee to Cartimandua for sanctuary, only to be surrendered by her to the Romans. Although this ensured the favor of the Romans, it made her less popular with her own people. Cartimandua’s loyalty towards Rome, however, would not go unrecognized, and she was rewarded handsomely by the Romans. More importantly was the military support provided by Rome several years later.

In A.D. 57, a quarrel arose between Cartimandua and her consort, Venutius. This resulted in a civil war when Venutius, angered by the capture of his brothers and relatives by Cartimandua, invaded her territory. The Romans decided to interfere by sending military aid, first auxiliaries, and then a legion, to their client. As a result, Cartimandua was able to secure her throne, and it seemed that the queen and Venutius were reconciled for the time being.
    Rome’s support for Cartimandua would be repaid several years later in A.D. 60/61, when Boudicca led a revolt against Rome. Cartimandua did not join the revolt, thus relieving the Romans from the fear of being attacked from the north. Had the anti-Roman Venutius emerged victorious during the Brigantine civil war, the fate of the Roman army in Britain may have been quite different.

In A.D. 69, Cartimandua decided to divorce Venutius, and marry Vellocatus, his armor-bearer. According to the Roman historian Tacitus, this was prompted by the queen’s passions. Although this may be true, the situation may be more complex than just a simple love affair.
    A.D. 69 was also the year of the Roman emperor Nero’s death, and the Roman Empire was plunged into chaos. The time was ripe for Venutius to settle old scores, and Cartimandua had to act swiftly. It has been argued that by taking Vellocatus as her consort, Cartimandua effectively deprived Venutius of his most trusted client-chief, and weakened his power. Nevertheless,

Venutius had the affection of the Brigantes, and he led a revolt against Cartimandua. Once again, Cartimandua sought the Romans for help. This time, however, the Romans could only afford to send auxiliaries, as the legions were busy fighting in other part of the empire. Although she lost her throne, Cartimandua managed to flee to the Roman fort at Deva.

Following the defeat of Cartimandua and her Roman allies, Venutius would lead the Brigantes for a brief period of time. He would eventually be vanquished by the Romans, thus bringing the territory of the Brigantines under direct Roman rule.

As for Cartimandua, the once mighty queen simply vanished from the historical records, her fate unknown, and remains a mystery to future generations.

Personality

“Yahoo! Are you ready for a Roman infusion, hapless pigs?”

She certainly takes her sentai personality to the limit...but why does she give off the impression she doesn’t exactly have the best of intentions while wearing that costume?
    If you’ve ever wondered what kind of airhead abomination would come from Nero and Astolfo’s coupling, look no further than Carti the Wonder Villain. She takes herself quite seriously, you know?

An idol that wants the world to burn with the knowledge of her up and coming reign out of complete obscurity, she has no time for anything British and will actively avoid anything she sees as having in common with those “barbarians”. However, it’s probably safe to say that deep down in her notebooks of fanfiction are a few saucy stories involving herself and a certain barbarian older-sister type. I wonder just how deep the jealousy really goes.

-------------
    Note: Gift of Gab is basically the Celtic equivalent to Imperial Privilege mixed with Self-Suggestion, earned as a racial trait from Rider being a Brigantian. It’s been sealed/mutated because of Rider’s disdain for her Celtic heritage.
    A direct response to Bootyca’s history being sidelined just because she’s an underwear model. Turns out she had her own Nero to deal with on the homefront.
    Last edited by Ail Don; January 18th, 2017 at 03:25 PM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Deirdre
    Wanna redo my old crappy Naoise sheet now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    This is why I'm glad I did Conchobar before anyone else.
    I have no idea why Deirdre has Frag but I appreciate all the Conchobar references enough to ignore it. Kind of.

Blog Entries
    Deirdre has Frag because in some versions of her legend it was Naoise's sword, and was in fact also used to kill him.
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?

Blog Entries
    That sword really gets around.

Blog Entries
    Ail: I have to say, this one, Timur, Lawrence and Phil are probably my favorite Servants you've done so far. Her personality is totally hilarious, for one thing. As you said she sounds like a bastardized mix of Nero and Astolfo with the most entertaining qualities of both and I'm sure the antics she'd get up to would be an absolute joy to see in any Grail War. I'm not quite sure how you came up with the whole Kamen Rider take on her character, but it fits surprisingly well.

I just wonder how she'd get along with my Don Quixote seeing as we depicted them both with a similar Sentai obsession... And both deluded too, though in highly different ways.

Blog Entries
    Thanks! And honestly I have no idea.
    Rider seems to be the go-to Class for a Servant that isn't really known for anything in particular. And since she doesn't have an actual mount, Kamen Rider is the next best thing.
    Quixote would appreciate Roman heroes right? They'd probably get on fine.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Name: Aoife
    I do like that second Noble Phantasm. Adds a lot more flavour this time around

Bazett would like to have a word with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ail Don View Post
    Cartimandua
    Roman sympathiser, boooooo.
    Ignoring my Boudicca bias between the two, this was an entertaining read and I basically agree with most, if not all what Royd said with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Wanna redo my old crappy Naoise sheet now.
    That would be cool to see. Naoise is one of the best Ulster cycle lads.

- - - Updated - - -

Heh, there've been lots of avenger (or applicable for avenger) servants lately.

Also, went back on Aife and made some changes. Not enough for a repost but now I'm done with it for good. No V3.
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; January 18th, 2017 at 05:05 PM.

Blog Entries
    Also, went back on Aife and made some changes. Not enough for a repost but now I'm done with it for good. No V3.
    Hmm. I actually kind of liked the Constitution Of The Haunted Ground Skill. Shame that you scrapped it. Oh well. Can't win 'em all, I suppose.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Heh, there've been lots of avenger (or applicable for avenger) servants lately.

To be honest, I agree with Royd. I thought the Constitution of the Haunted Grounds was a pretty cool skill idea and it closed the gap of power between Scathach and Aife while being thematically similar to Scathach's own abilities which is what I think you were going for (?). Seemed like the better alternative to Battle Continuation and Self-Replenishment at least. Though if I'm right, Cu said Scathach is way stronger now than she was during the events of the Ulster Cycle because she had time to get stronger in the Land of Shadows post his death so unless Aife is immortal too, she'd probably be weaker.

But oh well, I guess you didn't want to her to have a composite skill on top of the already 5 personal skill she has? Putting it in favour of dropping out Self Replenishment and BC would have dropped it down to 4 personal skills though.

That aside, if it hasn't been obvious enough, I really like that Aife. Like I know jackshit about Irish myth aside from some bits here and then and I know you don't particularly like that sheet, but I feel like she's got a really interesting NP going on with that Chariot/Horse thingy plus the second one is fittingly similar to GB which is what you wanted it to be. It's something I could very easily picture blending in with the GO cast already. Hope canon Aife is similar to that if she gets added.

Edit: Forgot to mention, but another reason I thought the Haunted Grounds was a cool skill is because it could make up for an interesting ability for one to have while in battle. I could easily imagine a scenario of other Servants fighting Aife and her ''Constitution'' skill developing resistance to some of their abilities as battle rages on, potentially turning the tables on them and making up for a more interesting scenario. Oh and I appreciate her being bitter about Connla's death. On top of having that likable spartan-like personality that Scathach has (just more chivalrous), it works to make her more sympathetic by making it so that she's a grieving mother deep down inside.
    Last edited by Adlet; January 18th, 2017 at 06:08 PM.

Blog Entries
    That would be cool to see. Naoise is one of the best Ulster cycle lads.
    Alright then. Begging premature forgiveness for bascly just copying what you wrote about Fragarach.

"Servant Saber has arrived at your summons, Master. For the pride of Lord Fergus and the Knights of the Red Branch, I shall raise my sword for your sake."

Saber
    Naoise

Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Place of birth: Ulster
    STR: B
    END: A
    AGI: B
    MAG: C
    LUCK: E
    NP: B

Class Skills

Magic Resistance (B-):
    A skill that grants protection against magical effects. Different from the Resistance effect that merely rejects prana, this ability cancels the spells altogether. This rank is sufficient to cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for them to be affected. Though he normally possesses the high resistance of his class, Naoise’s magical defence receives a severe drop in rank against druidic magic, to the point where his resistance might as well not exist, as it is what blinded and incapacitated him in life, resulting in his defeat and execution. Due to this, he has an aversion almost bordering on a phobia of magic, save the support spells he himself casts. This includes the runic spells he has mastered, and nothing short of actual force will coerce him into using them.

Riding (A): The ability to ride animals and vehicles. Not only can all vehicles be ridden, but so can all beasts save those of phantasmal rank or higher. High enough to qualify for the Rider class, but as Naoise has no legends associated with any famous mounts or vehicles, he personally fails to reach the standards of Riders.

Personal Skills

Harp of Healing (B):
    The ability to use music to cast supportive magic, such as exorcism or healing. In addition, the accuracy of projectile weapons suffers a rank down. Naoise uses a small cláirseach to accompany his singing, which apart from the above effects, can charm animals and humans, as well as bolster the morale and physical abilities of his allies. With the ability to restore psychological stability and heal wounds, it is a useful support skill. Naoise prefers to take a side role in combat, despite his skills with a sword.

Rune Magic (C): The ability to use the runic magic as practiced in Northern Europe. Saber is by no means a master of rune magecraft, and is nowhere near the level of Casters, but as a Knight of the Red Branch received what might be called a basic level of tutoring. However, his skill is far beyond that of a mere knight, something which may be attributed to the fact that he took up residence near the lands of the sorceress Scathach. As a Knight of the Red Branch, despite his inexperience otherwise with rune magic, he is adept at engraving and casting Ath-n Gabla, the duelling grounds, a spell passed down by the Knights. Once engraved, the caster can no longer retreat, and all those who see it cannot refuse combat.

Last Stand (A+): The ability to keep fighting in otherwise impossible situations. It differs from Battle Continuation, which deals with physical injury, and Pride of the Rearguard, which raises parameters in proportion to danger. So long as Naoise does not give up fighting, there will remain a chance, no matter how small, of victory being attained. But the instant his will wavers, defeat is all but certain. Naoise’s will and prowess in battle are such that he fought off almost the entirety of King Conchobar’s army alongside his two brothers, before betrayal and sorcery dragged them down into defeat. Combined with Ath-n Gabla, it is a fearsome skill that provides powerful bonuses in battle.

Noble Phantasms

Fragarach
    Gouging Blade of the Wind

(Anti-Unit, B+): A famous Noble Phantasm in Celtic mythology. Originally, the short sword belonged Manannan mac Lir before being passed down to Lugh and then gifted from Manannan to Naoise for his personal use. It is a powerful weapon with several enchantments to it. Said to "Cut through any armour", it automatically bypasses any defences that are not a Noble Phantasm.
    It is also capable of controlling the winds and in its base form compressed winds into super-high pressure air with a massive amount of magical energy, which distorts the light around the blade. This application both hides the identity of the weapon and thus any connection to Naoise as well as making it difficult for the opponent to deduce the length of the blade in combat. It can also be used as an attack with the winds turning into a projectile weapon that fires a blade of super pressurised air, although it can only be used once at the temporary cost of the sheath of wind around the blade, revealing Fragarach for all the see.
    The third enchantment is of 'Immobilisation and Truth': when the blade is held to a target’s throat, they can neither lie nor move however if the target has a skill that allows them to resist mental interference regardless of rank then they are not affected. In addition, this third enchantment does not work on servants with 'Mad Enhancement' due to them lacking the clarity to answer.

Answerer
    That Which Comes Last Cuts First

(Anti-Unit, D-A): The mightiest enchantment upon the blade Fragarach. Not truly a separate Noble Phantasm in its own right, but rather a separate ability of the sword. It is an "Ace-Killing Joker" and the ultimate counter to the "Trump Card". Once the foe launches their strongest attack, the blade is launched towards the enemy whilst rewriting causality to make sure it strikes before the opponent’s attack is launched. An ability that uses one's own life as bait to counter with a one-turn instant kill that voids the attack of the opponent. Against passive trump-like abilities that are constantly active it can be used at any time while if used on a Rider class servant, it would likely destroy their mount if that was the Noble Phantasm.
    It can be used without the 'Answerer' effect but attack power is greatly reduced, being only a D-rank attack, if even that. There is also the ability Toole Fragarach: Gouging Great Sword of the War God that uses three successive strikes of Fragarach without its countering ability, which can be used at triple the mana cost. Though Naoise dislikes this use of Fragarach, considering it clumsy and inelegant, it is a useful long range attack for a class that has difficulty in anything other than close combat.

Lore
    Dislikes: Druids
    Talents: Harp playing, hunting, fencing
    Natural Enemy: Diarmuid, Lancelot

One of the Knights of the Red Branch, the hero (but not the main character) of the story The Exile of the Sons of Uisnech, which tells the tale of Deirdre’s infatuation with him, their elopement and ultimately their death. Famed for his beauty as much as his skill, considered the most handsome man in Ulster, Conchobar’s double crossing of him would start a chain of events that finally resulted, indirectly, in the death of Cu Chulainn.

Though compared to similar lovelorn knights such as Diarmuid or Lancelot, he is much wilder and less loyal in temperament; in a contest between his heart and his faithfulness to his lord, he would choose love every time. This may be because he despises his master in a way that the others simply do not. A true free spirit, he enjoys wandering the countryside composing poems (the quality of which is debatable) and/or practicing his music. A formidable foe in battle, his main strategy is to use Ath-n Gabla to force a duel, and then proceed to drive his foe into a corner where they're forced to use their trump card, which almost guarantees their defeat. Regarding his wish, he longs to restore Fergus to the kingship of Ulster, believing him to be a much finer king than Conchobar.

Bond CE – Blood in the Snow

“’The only man I’ll ever love… Hair as black as a raven’s wing, cheeks as red as the blood, skin as pale as the snow.’ …Deirdre said that before she met me. Am I really that good looking, Master? It seems a fairy tale from later years described a princess like that, and she was the fairest, I’m told, of them all. Really, describing someone like that seems sort of unnecessary…”

Character Relations

Deirdre – Person he loves more than anyone else in the world. His personality becomes vastly different in her presence. It seems he's worried about her mental state and is trying to cheer her up. “I’ll support you as best as I can, darling! Let’s take them out together.”

Fergus – Fergus’s son gave his life trying to protect Naoise, as such feels powerfully indebted to him. Admires him as a son looks up to a father.

Medb – Ally of convenience. They never met while alive, but she hates Conchobar and Fergus trusts works with her, so their interests naturally align. “But please stop staring at me like that.”

Diarmuid “Why are you so hung up on this Grainne business? Fionn is kind of… disappointing to meet in person. Certainly not someone you need to respect, especially since he basically killed you.” Similar in some ways, but very different in others, these two men will never see eye to eye.
    Last edited by asterism42; January 19th, 2017 at 08:42 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Naoise is pretty baller. Best ulster lad.

Also made me realise I hadn't made a section for him under Deirdre's relationship section so I done did that now.

--Edit--

Quote Originally Posted by AirConditioner View Post
    To be honest, I agree with Royd. I thought the Constitution of the Haunted Grounds was a pretty cool skill idea and it closed the gap of power between Scathach and Aife while being thematically similar to Scathach's own abilities which is what I think you were going for (?). Seemed like the better alternative to Battle Continuation and Self-Replenishment at least. Though if I'm right, Cu said Scathach is way stronger now than she was during the events of the Ulster Cycle because she had time to get stronger in the Land of Shadows post his death so unless Aife is immortal too, she'd probably be weaker.

But oh well, I guess you didn't want to her to have a composite skill on top of the already 5 personal skill she has? Putting it in favour of dropping out Self Replenishment and BC would have dropped it down to 4 personal skills though.

That aside, if it hasn't been obvious enough, I really like that Aife. Like I know jackshit about Irish myth aside from some bits here and then and I know you don't particularly like that sheet, but I feel like she's got a really interesting NP going on with that Chariot/Horse thingy plus the second one is fittingly similar to GB which is what you wanted it to be. It's something I could very easily picture blending in with the GO cast already. Hope canon Aife is similar to that if she gets added.

Edit: Forgot to mention, but another reason I thought the Haunted Grounds was a cool skill is because it could make up for an interesting ability for one to have while in battle. I could easily imagine a scenario of other Servants fighting Aife and her ''Constitution'' skill developing resistance to some of their abilities as battle rages on, potentially turning the tables on them and making up for a more interesting scenario. Oh and I appreciate her being bitter about Connla's death. On top of having that likable spartan-like personality that Scathach has (just more chivalrous), it works to make her more sympathetic by making it so that she's a grieving mother deep down inside.
    Scathach was said to be much stronger now by Cu and she's immortal and had ages to train which justifies her Wisdom skill so... Yeah.

That and Aife was said to have vanished so unless canon says she's immortal as well I think it's safe to say she isn't and did die at some point. That and feedback was mostly against the Constitution of the Haunted Ground skill so I thought it made sense to switch it out. I'm debating switching it and self-replenishment around but I think that it may be best I leave it for now.

Also, how could Aife not be sad about Connla being killed? I may do a revision for him one day, but I've done a lot of those lately.
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; January 18th, 2017 at 06:56 PM.

Blog Entries
    how could Aife not be sad about Connla being killed?
    Maybe Connla doesn't even exist in Nasuland.

- - - Updated - - -

Or Nasuland Aífe is really evil and doesn't care.

- - - Updated - - -

Who knows, who cares.