Page 22 of 858 FirstFirst ... 12172021222324273272122522 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    What kind of character was Milady again.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Cardinal Richelieu's chief spy and assassin. Secret 1st wife of Athos, deadly secondary antagonist.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    Cardinal Richelieu's chief spy and assassin. Secret 1st wife of Athos, deadly secondary antagonist.
    Hmm. I wonder... would one of her NPs be the Fleur-De-Lis brand on her shoulder that marked her as a convict? Not sure what its effects would be, though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    sounds more like a skill
    Maybe. No idea what her NP(s) would be, then. I guess something involving spying or subterfuge or whatever. (Not really familiar with the Three Musketeers story)

Class: Rider

STR: D
    END: C
    AGI: B
    MGI: A
    LCK: B

Class Skills

Riding (A+): Phantasmal and Divine Beasts can be used as mounts.

Magic Resistance (A): Rider's immortal status gives him an enormous
    natural resistance to magic. He is untouchable to modern mages.

Personal Skills

DRAGON Riding (A+): After becoming an immortal being, it was said that Rider would
    appear as an avatar of heaven, shining with holy light and sitting astride a yellow
    Eastern dragon. He can use these Divine beasts as mounts, an impossible skill that
    few who are not gods possess.

Enlightenment of the Sacred Fig (C): Rider was a disciple of a monk and later became
    a monk himself. His training was far from complete, but his divine status increases
    the rank of this skill, which would normally be E-. Mental interference effects up
    to an equivalent rank are negated, and damage from any attack is reduced as long as
    it does not exceed 30% of his HP.

Baijiaxing (C): Translated as Hundred Family Surnames, it denotes that Rider is a
    descendant of one the first Vietnamese people, the children of a dragon and a fairy.
    Though these two creatures are said to be as incompatible as fire and water, their
    blood flows strong together in Rider's veins. Though he was born human, his ascension
    into heaven has awoken his latent powers and grants him vastly enhanced physical
    attributes and Magic Resistance. If he were taught in the ways of magecraft, he
    could be considered a god, but he is content to be a humble monk.

Noble Phantasms

Dam Nhat Da~Heavenly Palace of the Swamp (B, Fortress)

A staff and cone-shaped rice hat given to Rider by his master, the monk Phat Quang. They normally
    serve as defensive tools on the level of rank-D Noble Phantasms. By planting the staff in the ground
    and crowning it with the hat, Rider can summon his citadel from the earth. It is a large castle complex
    of emerald filled with treasure, weapons and spirits of its residents, including servants, courtesans and
    soldiers. Though it is a fine palace, it is by no means impenetrable and is not suited to repel an army.
    Its true power is revealed when Rider takes the staff and hat out of the ground in the central courtyard.
    A violent wind storm erupts, surrounding the palace and obscuring it from sight. After twelve hours, the
    storm ends to reveal the palace has disappeared and only a crater remains. In legend, this is how Rider
    and his palace ascended to heaven; as a Noble Phantasm, this transforms his citadel into a flying fortress.
    Within the fortress, Rider and all his retainers (who are normally not suited for combat) have all their
    parameters increased by one rank. Aside from its nature as a mobile fortress unassailable from the ground,
    Rider can activate a shimmering forcefield around its walls, blocking any boarding attempts.
    However, the shield is a drain on his energy, and is best used only in battle.

Con Rong, Chau Tien~Golden Dragon of Heaven (EX, Anti-Army)

In the sixth century, the famous Vietnamese resistance leader Trieu Quang Phuc was hiding in the swamp where
    Rider's castle once stood, and lit an altar to the gods. At once, Rider descended from heaven astride a golden dragon,
    a creature that holds great significance to the Vietnamese people since a dragon and fairy are the parents of their
    race. Trieu Quang Phuc was given a single claw from Rider's dragon which he fixed to his hat and was given incredible
    power. Rider's dragon is among the most powerful Divine species in existence, twenty meters in length and bristling
    with muscle. If spurred to combat or angered, it is a virtually unstoppable force that can cause earthquakes and tidal
    waves in its rampage. Rider's dragon in particular is renowned as a great patron of justice and military might, using its
    great physical strength to supplement Rider's relative lack thereof. It is a spirit very much connected to the rain and storms;
    this control gives Rider extra versatility when moving or defending his flying castle. Furthermore, it can give fragments of
    its claws and scales to others in order to strengthen them. Most of the time this increases the recipient's LCK by two ranks,
    but they can be tailored to other aspects as well. Naturally, it is very difficult to summon without an extraordinary amount of
    prana. However, Rider notes that it can be brought down in very spiritually rich areas, such as the points where several leylines
    intersect. The only place he can summon the dragon without an exorbitant prana cost is the swamp where his castle once stood.

Background
    Chu Dong Tu is one the Four Immortals in Vietnamese mythology, divine figures that
    have come to the country's aid at one point or another in its long history.

His story starts when the princess Tien Dung began to take an interest in nature,
    so she spent her days wandering the wondrous places of her father's kingdom, all
    the while ignoring and rejecting all suitors. The king, Hung Vuong, was concerned
    but doted on his daughter nonetheless by giving her a ship and a number of servants
    to accompany her.

Meanwhile, in a poor village, lived Chu Dong Tu, a poor fisherman who had lived with
    his father before their house burned down and they lost everything but a loincloth,
    which they took turns wearing. When his father died, Chu buried the loincloth with
    his father, so he could rest with some honor. From that point, he lived in the waters
    of the swamp selling fish, careful to keep his nakedness beneath the water.

One afternoon, the princess Tien Dung came to Chu's village and came by his river.
    Startled by the sound of the drumbeats and the sight of the royal entourage, the
    young man quickly hid himself behind some bulrushes, dug a hole in the sand and
    covered himself almost completely. But because the princess greatly admired the
    newfound scenery, she expressed a desire to bathe in the river. Granting her wishes,
    the servants set her up a tent on the shore where the princess entered and disrobed,
    then started pouring water on herself. As the water slowly trickled to the ground,
    it began to wash away the sand covering Chu Dong Tu until nothing was left, revealing
    the young man’s completely naked body lying beneath her feet.

Astonished by Chu Dong Tu’s presence, Tien Dung quickly covered herself up while the
    frightened, terrified man laid motionless on the ground, his head turned away and was
    begging for pardon. He explained his circumstances to the princess and she decided he
    had done nothing wrong. In fact, she decided that their meeting must be Fate, ordained
    by Heaven. She ordered her maids to clothe the young man and prepare for their wedding.

The two were wed on the spot, and when news reached her father, he was furious and told
    her to never return to his palace gates. So Tien Dung settled with her husband in his
    small village, used what was left from her riches, and together they earned a living by
    trading. With Chu Dong Tu’s knowledge and Tien Dung’s charm, their trade flourished and
    merchants came from all over to do business with the young couple.

One day, on a trip to purchase merchandise, a severe storm led Chu Dong-Tu to a remote
    island. There, he met a priest who instantly recognized Chu's destiny as an immortal.
    The priest offered to help Chu Dong-Tu reveal the secrets of his immortality in which
    the young man decided to stay in the island for a year as his disciple. A year passed
    and the time came to return to his home and to his beloved wife. Before parting, he was
    handed by the priest a pilgrim’s staff and a conical hat made of palm leaves and was told
    never to be without them, as both will protect him from harm and endow his needs.

Upon returning home, he revealed to his wife the wonderful things he had learned from the
    priest. Eager to find her own path along with her husband, they repented their earthly sins,
    abandoned their possessions and left their home in search for a deserted place where they
    could devote themselves to following the priest's doctrine.

Together, they walked all day, and their search led them to the wilds where they grew very
    exhausted and decided to stop for the night. Before lying down to sleep, Chu planted his
    staff to the ground and crowned it with the hat. In the middle of the night, the couple was
    awakened by a great loud thunder. When they both got up, they were bewildered to see a magic
    citadel slowly rising from the earth. Within its walls were castles made of emeralds and jades
    filled with priceless treasures, surrounded by courtiers, guards and maidens welcoming them to
    the gates as rulers of the new kingdom. Together, they began a reign of peace and prosperity.

The news about the magic citadel quickly spread over the kingdom and villagers and inhabitants
    from surrounding cities came to offer respects to the holy shrine. When the king learned of it,
    he became enraged believing his daughter is forming a dynasty against him. Quickly, he ordered
    his generals to assemble the troops and destroy her daughter’s kingdom. But the princess said,
    “I do not wish to defend this holy place with the use of force. This was created by the Heavens
    and Heaven will decide its fate. I have defied my father once. Let him have what he wishes.”

Evening arrived and King Hung Vuong’s men camped on the river’s bank across the citadel where
    they could wait for sunrise to launch an attack. Miraculously, a violent storm suddenly came.
    Its strong winds tore away the branches and trees and whirled around in great force lifting the
    whole citadel to the heavens in one enormous gust.

When the army arrived the next morning, the citadel and all of its inhabitants were nowhere to
    be found. In its place, they found a marshy pond and a sandy beach instead. Returning to their
    kingdom, Hung Vuong realized his mistakes. He then ordered his men to build a temple in place
    of the lost citadel in memory of his daughter. He named the marsh Dam Nhat Da, which means
    Pond Formed in One Night” which he, and the whole kingdom, forever honored.
    Last edited by Funderfullness; September 5th, 2016 at 11:00 PM.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

Blog Entries
    Funderful: Not much to say on the sheet itself (pretty solid all around) but I have to say, his legend has one of the most amusing 'accidentally seeing a girl naked' scenarios I've ever heard. Seriously, that's some harem/ecchi anime type stuff right there.

JP Friend Code
    The dragon NP is abit...uninteresting. While it sounds powerful it could've been better if you give more details about it, such as the ability to cause tidal waves and earthquakes to fit the classification, and also because of the wank dragons usually get in Vietnamese literature (I've had enough of it in highschool). Heck you can try comparing it to Fafnir or yawn of the sphinx for a better view because right now I only see dragon kind wanking but not how powerful it actually is.

Just a trivia but Vietnamese dragons are based on green water snakes and smaller compare to Chinese dragons. These dragons can both fly and swim.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Funderful: Not much to say on the sheet itself (pretty solid all around) but I have to say, his legend has one of the most amusing 'accidentally seeing a girl naked' scenarios I've ever heard. Seriously, that's some harem/ecchi anime type stuff right there.
    The story used to be in elementary school textbooks before they revamped. Back when I learn about it I didn't understand why a naked girl can be so shy. Those innocent days.

I was going off of how Nasuverse Eastern dragons "devastate the world" and so on and so forth when angered. Also, as I understand it, Vietnamese dragons (and the dragon god who sired the Vietnamese people) are descended from a Chinese deity, so I figured I could use the example of a Chinese dragon that Nasu gives to cover any Eastern dragon. In any case, I've brought it down to Anti-Army and clarified it a bit more.

It's a bit hard since it's really not something that's been touched on in canon, so there isn't a lot to go off of if I want to be accurate. Once you get into abstract terms like "an invincible existence that doesn't even need to fight", it's not really surprising that its hard to put into words how strong it is.
    Last edited by Funderfullness; September 5th, 2016 at 11:02 PM.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    The story used to be in elementary school textbooks before they revamped. Back when I learn about it I didn't understand why a naked girl can be so shy. Those innocent days.
    Ah, the innocence of youth.~

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Assassin
    Milady de Winter

Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    STR: D
    END: B
    AGI: A+
    MAG: C
    LUCK: D
    NP: D

Class Skills

Presence Concealment (C): The capacity to hide one's presence as a Servant. Efficiency will decrease once preparations to attack are taken. In addition, Assassin’s Noble Phantasm will seal away this skill once it has been activated.

Personal Skills

Espionage (B): A skill possessed by those who engage in covert activities. Does not conceal one’s presence, but rather makes one's presence fail to register as hostile. This Skill causes others to misunderstand one's status, including a kind neighbour, a harmless pebble, or the target's most beloved person. So long as they don’t suspect her, Assassin’s murderous intentions can be hidden. However, those who know, or even suspect, her true identity will be unaffected. Furthermore, exposing the mark on her shoulder will disable this skill.

Information Erasure (C): An ability that removes information regarding the Servant's true name, abilities, and appearance from the records and memories of all witnesses, including the opponent, following the conclusion of an engagement. Like Espionage, this skill will become ineffective if her brand is revealed. Assassin possesses this skill due to the vast number of aliases possessed throughout her life – Anne de Breuil, la Comtesse de la Fere, Milady de Winter, and Lady Clarice amongst others. Her original name is known only to her, and she has sworn to never reveal it.

Alluring Voice (C):
    A mesmerizing-kind of Skill possessed by those with a natural beautiful voice; it is also a declaration of exercise of power by the nobility. It works as a fascination magecraft-like effect towards males, but evasion is possible by means of the Magic Resistance Skill. Even without Magic Resistance, one can abate it to some extent so long he maintains a will to resist.

Battle Continuation (B): The strength of vitality for predicaments. Also, the ability to withdraw from combat and reach allied territory alive after being defeated. Though it might seem an odd skill for the Assassin class, Milady possesses it due to her surviving her first husband’s attempt to kill her by hanging her from a tree.

Noble Phantasm

Fleur de Lis
    Lily Brand of Dishonour

Anti-Unit (Self), D: The mark of the fleur-de-lis, the symbol of French royalty, here branded onto Milady de Winter’s shoulder. Representing her criminal past as a thief and murderer, exposing it, whether by choice or by accident, will cause all her attacks to steal life and prana from her opponent with the strikes of her knife, as well as boosting her strength and agility. However, as it serves as a mark to distinguish her, exposing it will negate her Espionage, Information Erasure, and Presence Concealment. It also has a psychological effect on Milady: she will stop at nothing to silence those unfortunate enough catch a glimpse of her brand, and exposing it will cause her to enter a berserk-like state in battle, turning her from a poised, elegant noblewoman into a frenzied killer. In this state, even the Knight Classes will likely struggle against her single-minded determination to kill them by any means necessary. Unlike most Noble Phantasms, representing the peak glory of legends of Heroic Spirits, this can only be called a source of shame for Milady, and she despises it with all her heart. As such, it is unlikely that she will ever voluntarily use this skill.

Lore
    Dislikes: People seeing her Fleur-de-lis brand
    Talents: Slipping her way out of trouble
    Natural Enemy: Comte de la Fere

An assassin in the employ of Cardinal Richelieu in Alexandre Dumas’s novel Les Trois Mousquetaires, most commonly known by her most famous alias, Milady de Winter, as her true name has been lost to history and is known only to her. An extraordinarily beautiful woman, who also possesses a great deal of intelligence and ambition. Unfortunately, her personality is cruel and twisted; she delights in theft and seduction, and with her skills managed to worm her way into high society in both England and France. However, her luck ran out and she was eventually exposed and executed. Her wish is to erase the brand from her shoulder, severing all ties to her past once and for all.
    Last edited by asterism42; September 6th, 2016 at 12:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Ah, it's out already! And you used the NP idea I suggested! (Or just came up with a similar one independently, I can't say)

Being not the most familiar with Three Musketeers, I can't comment on the finer details of her character but the sheet seems solidly done. Espionage is certainly a fitting Skill for her, though I'm not quite what to think about the 'harmless pebble' mentioned in her list of possible disguises. Is that a joke (in which case it's pretty damn funny) or did Milady de Winter actually disguise herself as a pebble at some point in the story? (In which case I know even less about the Three Musketeers then I'd thought...)

Since she's a fairly modern Heroic Spirit (and pretty much a normal human whose talented at seduction and assassination), I'm not sure if her Agility should be quite so high, but given the crazy stats thrown around in Grand Order, that isn't so much of an issue as it might've been.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The pebble bit is a copypasta from Mata Hari's version of the skill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    The pebble bit is a copypasta from Mata Hari's version of the skill.
    What, really? The description I read (on TM wiki) just says something about concealing hostile intent unless outed by her allies. The pebble thing is pretty bizarre, but funny.

Blog Entries
    ಠ_ಠ
    Yeah yeah, the wiki's unreliable, worthless secondaries, blah blah. Really no need to go over this every time the wiki is mentioned around here.

Blog Entries
    Then why A) bring it up, B) continue to use it as a source
    A: I was just making conversation and B: I have nothing better to use. (And since the only thing I got inaccurate here was missing a silly joke, I don't think it's much of an issue)

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    And here we are making a conversation.

You can really say "I thought x" without having to say "I thought x because inaccurate wiki I'm always told is inaccurate told me, once more, something that may in fact be wrong."

Blog Entries
    And here we are making a conversation.

You can really say "I thought x" without having to say "I thought x because inaccurate wiki I'm always told is inaccurate told me, once more, something that may in fact be wrong."
    Well, for one thing it wasn't even wrong, just somewhat incomplete. "Does not conceal one’s presence, but rather makes one's presence fail to register as hostile," is exactly what I read on the wiki, and appears perfectly accurate (or at least Asterism is laboring under the same misconceptions as myself).

Also, I clearly don't mind this conversation too much or I wouldn't keep replying to you. I just think it's a little silly how much the wiki appears to be a boogey-man around here.