Page 261 of 858 FirstFirst ... 161211251256259260261262263266271311361761 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,220 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I mean, for my Seth sheet I just took the lazy route and solely emphasized the 'evoking names of God' aspect of Kabbalah...

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Do you guys know any sites for a good english-irish dictionary/translation site? I'm making a Servant of Irish origins, and I think I need a reliable source.

Totally not Eldritch WhatShouldNotBe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I mean, for my Seth sheet I just took the lazy route and solely emphasized the 'evoking names of God' aspect of Kabbalah...
    Which is fine. You basically made it Divine Words and Runecraft: The Hebrewing

Since Seth, though the first user of Kabbalah aside from Adam and Yahweh, wasn't really all that well known for using it , it makes sense that he doesn't really have an Np related to its esoteric functions.

Now, a renowned Kabbalist would have an esoteric Np that would make anyone's head spin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zh1212 View Post
    Do you guys know any sites for a good english-irish dictionary/translation site? I'm making a Servant of Irish origins, and I think I need a reliable source.
    Do you mean Gaelic?

The Irish language doesn't exist. Gaelic, the Irish derivative of the Celtic Proto-language that got smashed together with Latin, German, and French on the mainland, does exist however.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatShouldNotBe View Post
    Do you mean Gaelic?

The Irish language doesn't exist. Gaelic, the Irish derivative of the Celtic Proto-language that got smashed together with Latin, German, and French on the mainland, does exist however.
    Sorry, yes, indeed I am talking about Gaelic, I didn't mean to call it the former.
    Last edited by SleepMode; March 18th, 2017 at 12:19 AM.

Sorry, yes indeed is Gaelic, I didn't mean to call it the former.
    It's one of my pet peeves, because it's like calling the language Hindu "Indian", or Latin "Roman", or Yiddish "Jewish".

But I don't actually have a good translator for you. Sorry.

Blog Entries
    It's one of my pet peeves, because it's like calling the language Hindu "Indian", or Latin "Roman", or Yiddish "Jewish".

I should apologize for that earlier, I wasn't exactly familiar with this language.

No dictionary site either?

Blog Entries
    Jewgle Translate is not recommended.
    http://learngaelic.net/dictionary/in...holeword=false
    The search engine, however, is your friend.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ail Don View Post
    Jewgle Translate is not recommended.
    http://learngaelic.net/dictionary/in...holeword=false
    The search engine, however, is your friend.
    Thanks for the link!

But unlike Hindustani and Latin, Irish Language isn't an uncommon term, and you can find books and other things calling Irish Gaelic as "Irish" (probably to not mix with Scott Gaelic). Even the main page of Wikipedia for it is called "Irish Language".

And theorically, Yddish means Jewish (and apparently there was a time that it was called like that in English).

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm pretty sure Irish is a very common shorthand for Irish Gaelic. Better than running the risk of confusing Irish and Scottish, which definitely will get you murdered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Irish is a very common shorthand for Irish Gaelic. Better than running the risk of confusing Irish and Scottish, which definitely will get you murdered.
    Doubly so if you're English.

I should apologize for that earlier, I wasn't exactly familiar with this language.

No dictionary site either?
    I don't think so.
    Jewgle
    *spittake*
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuro View Post
    But unlike Hindustani and Latin, Irish Language isn't an uncommon term, and you can find books and other things calling Irish Gaelic as "Irish" (probably to not mix with Scott Gaelic). Even the main page of Wikipedia for it is called "Irish Language".

And theorically, Yddish means Jewish (and apparently there was a time that it was called like that in English).
    Yes, but the proper name is Irish Gaelic, thank you very much.

Then you risk confusing it with Hebrew, and Yiddish is predominantly spoken by a very specific subset of the Jewish population, hailing from Eastern Europe.
    Last edited by WhatShouldNotBe; March 18th, 2017 at 11:02 AM.

Blog Entries
    (Currently a WIP, but this is the NP for the Servant I'm currently making, thoughts about it so far?)

Ňran-Nŕdair - I Sing to thee, Earth, to Turn the Tide - B+ - Anti-Country/Thaumaturgy -

A Noble Phantasm formed from Caster’s “Biggest Hit,” a poem that changed the course of the Milesians’ lives when they invaded Ireland.

During the battle for occupation of Ireland, the Milesian navy was being blocked off by a magical storm stretching around Ireland’s shores, while the three kings’ druids and archers bombarded them. To even the odds, Caster poured all that he had into a single poem; in turn, he was able to summon the spiritual manifestation of the island, or “Spirit of Ireland,” and ushered it to disable and expel all magic on its shores. With this, the Milesians were able to advance and conquered the land for themselves.

To activate the NP, Caster must sing through a song/poem dedicated to the land he’s currently on. And upon finishing the song, the collective will of the nature spirits, or the “Spirit” of the land will be conjured, and Caster can command it to supply himself with mana from the land, greatly strengthening his magical capabilities. Another is to temporarily nullify all absorption of mana and functioning magecraft in the country, disabling magi and forcing them to use the Od within their bodies to cast. Also, this greatly restricts any Skills or Noble Phantasms of Servants that require drawing large amounts of prana from their Masters or the mana around them.

Unfortunately, because all use of magecraft is disabled, this also leaves Caster’s magic useless - making him a sitting duck in the ways of combat. Additionally, if Caster were to use the NP again, he must think of another song to call upon the spirit, for the same proses won’t work on the fickle spirits of the earth. Note that this NP is only used to even the odds, so it can’t be used when Caster isn’t at a disadvantage. Also, if Caster is in a country other than Ireland, then he has to create a new song in the country’s native language, which would slow down the activation sequence by a considerate amount. Thus, it’s recommended that he should prepare the song before engaging opponents.
    Last edited by SleepMode; March 19th, 2017 at 08:33 PM.

AKA Leyeet massive_jojo_reference's Avatar
    behold, master here is what i have ploughed for 3 days

Class:rider
    True name: Prince marko
    Place of origin: Serbia

Height: Unknown
    Weight: Unknown
    Talents: Horse Riding, Skills with various weapons, Great Strenght
    Alignment: Chaotic/Lawful good
    Natural Enemies: Anyone with evil Alignment

Strenght: A++
    Agility: C-
    Endurance: B+
    Mana: C
    Luck: D
    NP : A++

Appereance
    Rider is a tall man with a very muscular build.
    He has black hair Black eyes and always wears armor that somewhat hides his muscular build.
    He has a large moustache,
    He has a damascus sword around his hilt and a Giant mace around his back

Backround

As a child Rider was no different from other children, as he began to mature he became headstrong doing whatever he wanted, often getting into fights which he more often than not won.

During a peacful forest ride with his blood brother miloš he ecountered a fairy named ravijojla that forbid miloš from singing.
    He told miloš to not hold back and sing as loud as possible assuring him that as long as he was there nothing could possibly harm them.

Ravijojla then fired an arrow that scrapped miloš's throat knocking him unconcious.
    Marko then proceced to chase Ravijojla down and defeated her, she then told him that he could always call on her when he needed and she became his blood sister.

Afterwards he ecountered Musa Kesedjia a warrior that was nearly as powerful as him Rider challenged him to a fight
    During his fight Rider was losing hard but Ravijojla came in last moment and helped him win.

Personality

Stoic and slightly uninterested but extremly Agressive in battle with a honorable and just attitude.
    He absolutely hates injustice as he is always ready to fight those who would commit it.
    And is also a gentleman seeing as he hates to see women suffer he also seems to be boastful about his accomplishments.

Class skills:
    Riding A
    He rode his 160 year old horse for 300 years and by that time it became his best friend.
    He could gallop at extremly fast speeds and jump a height equal to three spears.

Magic resistance: C+
    He can Can cancel most spells which are Five Verse and other Types of magic But he cannot protect against Curses.
    Rider Faced with many foes who were users of one or other type of magecraft.

Personal skills:
    Slayer of injustice: C
    He absolutely hated injustice and brutaly murdered anyone who commited it as such he deals deadlier damage to enemies with evil alignment and Halfes the damage they do to him.

Natural body: B-
    his strenght was almost unmatched by any warrior at the time, His body is rumored to be hard as steel .
    The only one able to challenge him was musa kesedjia and Rider defeated him only by a close margin.

Noble Phantasm:
    Ravijojla the guardian of a warrior: B-
    Summons his blood sister fairy ravijojla to protect him during a dire situation, She restores all his Prana and heals all his injuries
    The fairy, at first seems to appear out of nowhere but this is not the case, Ravijojla is Nigh-Omnipresent, She can appear everywhere where nature is.
    due to being powerful, This noble phantasm cannot be used for 23 days once it has been used.

Šarac, the steed of might: A++
    Summons his 160 year old horse he rode for 300 Years This NP brings his endurance and agility to A++
    This Horse, Was Rumored to be immortal, Rider even gave him to drink wine.
    Rider considered his horse to be his best friend, without him rider wouldnt have been a legend at all.
    This noble phantasm drains his prana rapidly he can only ride for around 2-5 minutes assumimg he is on full prana.

///
    just to add if he ever gets into grand order he should be voiced by NORIO WAKAMOTO
    Last edited by massive_jojo_reference; July 22nd, 2017 at 05:30 PM.

Blog Entries
    Prince Marko: It's somewhat barebones for a sheet, and I would recommend that you can at least add a bit more regarding Marko's Noble Phantasms. IMO the background is a bit lacking, and there's quite a amount of information recorded on the web too, so don't hesitate to research more on the bloke. He's pretty cool guy from what I've searched.

Although, I'll admit this is a good start for a Servant sheet.

Oh, and remember add periods to the end of your sentences.

AKA Leyeet massive_jojo_reference's Avatar
    Prince Marko: It's somewhat barebones for a sheet, and I would recommend that you can at least add a bit more regarding Marko's Noble Phantasms. IMO the background is a bit lacking, and there's quite a amount of information recorded on the web too, so don't hesitate to research more on the bloke. He's pretty cool guy from what I've searched.

Although, I'll admit this is a good start for a Servant sheet.

Oh, and remember add periods to the end of your sentences.
    I had this idea for months now and i decided to write it down here too see what people think.
    Thanks for the kind words im gonna try and improve the sheet.

Also im on mobile im not used to typing periods here and i would have written in much more detail if i was on pc which should be repaired tomorrow.
    Last edited by massive_jojo_reference; March 19th, 2017 at 09:22 PM.

Blog Entries
    Monstrous Strength is only for people who are actually part monster. And I don't think a literally-who would have it at EX, if at all.
    Magic Resistance is a Class skill for Riders.
    The NPs are pretty lame for a guy with so much epic poetry written about him.
    Good first try imo

Blog Entries
    Monstrous Strength is only for people who are actually part monster. And I don't think a literally-who would have it at EX, if at all.
    Well, that's not quite true. Astolfo had it after all, though to be honest the justification for that feels pretty flimsy and I wouldn't recommend using it as a baseline personally.

Regardless, an EX rank is definitely way too much. And if you're having a Skill to represent his preternaturally strong and tough physique, then I think Natural Body (at C~B rank) would be a lot more fitting.

- - - Updated - - -

His NPs are also quite generic, though I know pretty much nothing about his legend and hence am not really in the place to suggest anything more creative. Maybe flesh out a bit what the nature spirit's personality is and how she acts once summoned? Unless it's a literal "appears, heals Rider and then poofs away again" effect like the faeries from Legend Of Zelda...

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Well, that's not quite true. Astolfo had it after all, though to be honest the justification for that feels pretty flimsy
    It has precedent. His name is Soujuurou Shizuki.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    It has precedent. His name is Soujuurou Shizuki.
    Since Mahoyo doesn't work by an RPG format like Fate, all you can really say is that he's superhumanly strong through training up in the mountains, not how exactly that strength should be classified.

I just think the Skill with "Monster" in the name should be kept limited to actual monstrously aligned beings, rather then those that just happen to be stupidly strong for whatever reason.