Page 323 of 858 FirstFirst ... 223273313318321322323324325328333373423823 ... LastLast
Results 6,441 to 6,460 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Blog Entries
    Lucius: This seems to be a prototype thing (and as such, more or less out of my expertise) so I shouldn't really comment on it, sorry.

Conchobar: Irish mythology is quite strange to read when you've been used to (on the most part) dumbed down versions of the Greek Myths. Conchobar as a Caster, or a Servant at all, is quite interesting considering he is (from my understanding, I'm no expert here) ineffectual in the Myths. Although all of his Parameters make sense as do the skills, there is really nowhere that I can effectively criticise apart from... Shinji Ikari?

Quote Originally Posted by Ymir View Post
    na fam

you're breaking the royd rule. he only cares about how said servant gets along with his servants.

and i dunno about deirdre, but grainne would probably be all 'what a fuckboi'.
    Royd has so many branding opportunities, Royd Rage, Royd Rule, Steroyds (for when you want your genderbend to be really muscly)...
    Last edited by sherlock1110; June 17th, 2017 at 03:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Rush View Post
    Summer Events: Deepest Lore.
    These are my Servant and Master sheets I hope you enjoy reading them:
    Servant And Master Sheets

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Conchobar: Why no Item Construction? I can sort of understand him having Riding as a Class Skill, but Item Construction is one of the hallmarks of the Caster Class so he really should have it bar unless there's some reason it's been sealed away or lost. Fun sheet otherwise though. The imagery of this bratty little kid trying to play the part of a Casanova is certainly worth a chuckle...
    There is no record of him making anything in the myths.

Out of curiosity, since they're both Celtic heroes who were devoted to their mothers (with what I presume is a similar rationale for being summoned in childish forms) how do you think he'd get along with my Furbaide Ferbend Servant?
    Hmm, considering how Conchobar was like with women; He'd be thankful that Furbaide got rid of a menace but still be pissed that he "Took away Medb from him." Yeah, Conchobar was a real entitled kind of person with messed up priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    na man

Ya wanna ask how certain other guys'll react to him. Like Hermes's Deirdre.
    I'm glad you remember that one, I wrote about that interaction in the Deirdre sheet. Basically her Avenger-Murder.EXE activates and she murders him on sight. Conchobar didn't care that he ruined her life in the slightest and ordering the death of the Sweetest Guy In Ulster.

Quote Originally Posted by Ymir View Post

and i dunno about deirdre, but grainne would probably be all 'what a fuckboi'.
    That as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sherlock1110 View Post
    Conchobar: Irish mythology is quite strange to read when you've been used to (on the most part) dumbed down versions of the Greek Myths. Conchobar as a Caster, or a Servant at all, is quite interesting considering he is (from my understanding, I'm no expert here) ineffectual in the Myths. Although all of his Parameters make sense as do the skills, there is really nowhere that I can effectively criticise apart from... Shinji Ikari?
    That was because I originally joked that Shinji would be a pseudo-servant with him like Rin & Ishtar.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Another question, would one's Origin be a Noble Phantasm if it shaped nearly all of the Servant's decisions in life?

---

I mean yeah, when one awakens their Origin, their entire being is geared towards that 'concept' b/c it's what makes you "You," but still.
    Last edited by SleepMode; June 17th, 2017 at 12:11 PM.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    If that make the historical person famous or something, I say there is nothing wrong with that?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zh1212 View Post
    Another question, would one's Origin be a Noble Phantasm if it shaped nearly all of the Servant's decisions in life?

---

I mean yeah, when one awakens their Origin, their entire being is geared towards that 'concept' b/c it's what makes you "You," but still.
    Hmm... I don't know if one's Origin itself could be a Noble Phantasm, but an ability or action based on it could certainly be (like Kiritsugu's Phantasm Punishment).

Blog Entries
    Hmm... I don't know if one's Origin itself could be a Noble Phantasm, but an ability or action based on it could certainly be (like Kiritsugu's Phantasm Punishment).
    Hm... Speaking of the Origin-based ability/action, what would be a good ability relating to the concept of "Deviation?"

Now Revamped!

JP Friend Code
    Huh?
    Blog Entries
    Hm... Speaking of the Origin-based ability/action, what would be a good ability relating to the concept of "Deviation?"
    Probably the increase of random deviation bias of a target's attacks with each blows of the Origin weapon that connects?

Execute C:\local\lib\toh.exe?
    ---
    Dreams of swallow cuts.
    ---
    summs up a lot of my ironic weeaboo circles
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    people who have waifus are necessarily mentally ill

Laziness, thy form is me. EonADS's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MehKitteh View Post
    Probably the increase of random deviation bias of a target's attacks with each blows of the Origin weapon that connects?
    Or modify the standard deviation of your own attacks, shrinking the range down until your attacks basically do the equivalent of rolling a Nat 20 with every go.

JP Friend Code
    Huh?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EonADS View Post
    Or modify the standard deviation of your own attacks, shrinking the range down until your attacks basically do the equivalent of rolling a Nat 20 with every go.
    That's actually awesome.

Execute C:\local\lib\toh.exe?
    ---
    Dreams of swallow cuts.
    ---
    summs up a lot of my ironic weeaboo circles
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    people who have waifus are necessarily mentally ill

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EonADS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MehKitteh View Post
    That's actually awesome.
    ...That is ​awesome. I can actually incorporate it in my sheet too. Thanks for the help!

The funny thing is that the Servant I'm making isn't even mathematics-based...
    Last edited by SleepMode; June 17th, 2017 at 10:02 PM.

Now Revamped!

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I - Name Unknown

II - The Enemy
    It was a fantastic view. Deep within, Assassin deeply hoped her former self, whoever she was, appreciated moments like these.

The early morning scouting did not reveal anything new, but there was a world of distance between what could be appreciated in the previous evening and what could be seen at sunrise. A carpet of changing shades of green covered the steep slopes of the Mont Blanc Massif, the highest of the Alps. From her vantage spot above the Roman road, she could glimpse at the snowy peaks to the southwest. Downslope from her position, the pristine waters of what one day would be called the Great Saint Bernard Lake offered refreshment to the two Chaldean Servants. Some meters away, the broken remains of what once was a Roman mansion stood as silent testimony of the unforeseen calamity striking these lands. The temple to Jupiter still stood, but they had already verified that not a living soul remained there. She knew there was a Roman colony below the pass; she did not think they fared much better. Not that she minded, really; the world, too, would not mind a few less humans here and there.

She sighed. She no longer could enjoy the magnificent view, for several reasons.

“So, I’m really one of the bad guys…” she murmured.

“You said something?”

She pointedly ignored the young man, although she did not stop him from reaching her place and standing by her side.

“It’s a really great view.”

“It was.”

“It was, huh.”

From the Black Forest, they traveled south on horseback all the way to the Alps. The Great Saint Bernard Pass was their route of choice to the Italian peninsula. At that time in history, it was called the Poeninus, despite there being still some distance to go before they reached Hannibal’s route.

“So, got anything to say about—”

“Look, can you please stop trying to talk to me?” Assassin made her irritation clear in her voice. Planting her hands on her hips, she confronted the young Master. “We are traveling together, and if we get attacked we’ll fight together. That’s it. It doesn’t mean we’re chummy or anything.”

“Didn’t stop you from sharing your booze with Drake and Alter last night.”

“That was simple courtesy among fellow travelers! I don’t like them, but I’m entrusting my back to them for this trip. It’s the least I can do in return.”

Not for the first time, she lamented her short height. It made her attempts at intimidation somewhat lacking.

“Hmm…you’re actually quite the nice girl, aren’t you?”

“Even villains can have manners, you dunce. You of all people should already understand that much. And you want me to believe you, you!” Her dainty finger harshly poked the taller man’s chest. “Defeated two Evils of Humanity? Don’t make me laugh.”

“Right, right,” he uttered lackadaisically. “I was going to ask about that, though.”

He pointed to the lands to the south, and she could not stop herself from setting her eyes on the ominous sight that awaited them beyond the Alps. Storm clouds covered the skies over Italy, assembled in an impossible grey spiral, the likes of which was normally only seen in places like the Atlantic Ocean, lashing at the Caribbean islands from time to time.

“Well, that’s obviously not normal,” Assassin spoke quietly, her cheeks showing a degree of embarrassment for her outburst.

“Yeah, I guess you don’t see that kind of weather around these parts.”

“Well aren’t you easygoing in the face of a god-forsaken hurricane.”

“Da Vinci says it’s my coping mechanism.”

Assassin stared at his calmly smiling face for the good part of ten seconds.

“…pity. Pity is the right emotion to feel right now, isn’t it?”

The young man shrugged in the same easygoing manner.

“Whatever makes you happy.”

That only made her roll her eyes.

“You suck at hitting on girls. Let’s get going. Any news from Chaldea?”

“Aye aye. And nope, still incommunicado.”

“So, you say you have amnesia.”

“I don’t know who I am, if that’s what you mean.”

It was Drake’s turn to try to converse with her, it seemed. After discovering the massacre of Roman soldiers at the Poeninus Pass, they released their stolen horse and chose to keep going on foot and stay alert for an ambush. Lancer Alter remained the exception, naturally. Walking down the slopes of the Italian Alps, the group of Master plus three Servants (plus one horse) left behind bare rock and stubborn grass and welcomed the true and original Alpine forests.

“So, there is nothing you can tell us about you beside your class?”

Assassin rolled her eyes at the unsubtle suspicion in Drake’s words.

“Well, I wouldn’t have wanted to interrupt your spirited bragging of Chaldea’s and your Master’s deeds.”

“Hahaha, yeah, we’re kind of awesome.”

“Was not praising you. On that topic, may I ask a question?”

Assassin got no answer, perhaps because they were not expecting her to prolong the exchange. Nevertheless, she continued.

“Who entitled you to do all that? The time travel, I mean. Traveling around, fixing singularities across the timelines. What gives you the right to do that?”

Assassin pointedly ignored Lancer Alter’s unblinking stare.

“Ah, so you do believe our story.”

“That’s what you care about!?” Assassin lashed at the irreverent Master.

“No, it’s more like, what are you talking about?” Drake intervened, eliciting an eloquent roll of the eyes from Assassin.

“It’s more worrisome that you don’t get it. What I mean is that the challenges at any given time period should be faced and overcome by the humans of that era. How can a human hope for a fulfilling life if he must live with the possibility of some dick popping up from the future and rendering all of his effort moot?”

“Nah, but, the King of Magic had made a whole mess of history. There was no other choice—”

“No, no,” interjected the smaller Servant. “By the time Chaldea began invading the singularities, Goetia’s plan had already been executed. Humanity had the good part of 3000 years to discover and unravel the plan, but it failed. Humanity’s chance at salvation came only when you people chose to intervene in history just like Goetia did.”

“You cannot be saying we should have never tried,” spoke then the young Master, challenging Assassin’s reddened face with calmness beyond his years. “That we should have given up on day one.”

“Of course not,” retorted the horned girl. “You did what you had to do. That kind of desperate, tactless, shameless and hypocritical struggle is fundamentally human. What I am saying is that your deeds against Goetia are nothing to be proud of.”

“Your victory came not from dedication, nor friendship, nor some other shining virtue. What defeated Beast I was sheer, unabashed human selfishness. Nothing more, nothing less.”

There was no response for a while. Assassin followed Drake as the tall corsair moved closer to the Master and leaned in to speak privately. Lancer Alter remained atop her mount with the usual disinterest on her face. She did catch Assassin staring, and the small horned girl quickly turned her head away to avoid Lancer’s cold stare. Heated up by the feel of getting caught, Assassin felt a little confrontational.

“You know, if you’ve got something to say to me, you can say it to my face.”

“Hmm.” The young Master murmured, his back still facing her. “Not really, I was just thinking you seem to know way more than what we told you last night.”

That did startle her. He had a point. Just how deep did they go in their description of Goetia’s Human Order Incineration Plan? That very name, did she learn it from these Chaldeans?

“You…you are right. Huh.”

“Is that all you’ve got to say? ‘Huh’?”

Assassin could only shrug at Drake’s instigation.

“It’s clear I do possess some knowledge of the matter of Beast I, but I won’t be able to explain why until I find my original identity. I’m probably not one of the good guys, but I knew as much the moment I met you.” She conjured her trusty musket and got a thrill out of the two Servant’s defensive reaction. “More importantly, shouldn’t we mind the Servant lurking around?”

Drake clicked her tongue while Lancer Alter nodded and returned to her cold investigation of their surroundings.

“So you did notice.”

“What does that even mean?” Assassin promptly lashed out in irritation. “Do you Chaldeans think yourselves the only Servants with basic competence? Do you get off on looking down on others, Miss Pioneer of the Planet?”

“Master, your new friend is a terrible tsundere.”

“It’s called a persecution complex, Drake.”

“Shut up and start shooting!” Assassin’s attention by this point was on the humongous beasts charging out of the forest.

“Are those friggin’ tigers!?”

“A little too big for a tiger, Drake!”

“Well aren’t you two easygoing!” Assassin cried out just before Lancer charged to meet the beasts that trampled their way out of the forests like giant lawnmowers.

“It’s a coping mechanism!”

“You’re already beyond hope, human!”

“My, look at you, you’re all dirty.”

“Ah, no, just stumbled on the run back there—too close!”

“Ah, um, fresh water…nothing around here; my, just how are we going to clean this?”

“No, really, it’s not a big deal—”

“It is, most certainly! Life is so fragile; why, it could easily become infected! Just, just let me rub my sleeve—”

“Am I the only one suspicious of this…loli old hag?”

“You suspect everyone, Assassin; your opinion doesn’t count.”

“Well neither does the pirate’s, does it?”

“Stop bickering, you pair of hapless children,” Lancer Alter growled from atop her trusty mount.

Llamrei trotted calmly yet threateningly around the Master and the small woman tending to his self-inflicted wound. The white woman looked up at her fellow Lancer. Alter could only study her eyes, for the newcomer’s face was covered by a horned mask with a monstrous appearance. Apparently, it was enough.

It took a minute or two of the white Lancer scrubbing the Master’s face with her sleeve before she let go of him and let him address the others. Assassin did not take her eyes off her, leaving Drake to walk idly and haphazardly check the perimeter for further threats.

“So, anybody can figure out what those things were?” The Master was a little agitated, or perhaps he was just flustered by the new Lancer’s sudden and unexpected attention. “Those things were not tigers. Even if they were tigers, why would there even be tigers in the Alps?”

“Well,” replied Assassin. “It cannot be coincidence that Chinese monsters show up and then a Chinese Servant pops up to help us.”

She had everyone’s attention. It gave her a weird, not entirely uncomfortable feeling.

“Chinese?”

“The halberd,” she explained, pointing at the even shorter Lancer’s weapon, and consequently pulling Alter’s and the Master’s attention towards the masked woman. “I can recognize the design. Chinese, and older than sin.”

In fact, it was so old she could not pinpoint the exact age. And apparently, she was something of a connoisseur of weapons; interesting.

“It is, as you say, not a coincidence,” admitted the spear girl. “Those monsters, they come from—”

“Please, allow me to take over from here, sister.”

Assassin was witness to a brief flurry of motion. The masked Lancer moved in front of the human male, her weapon firmly pointed in her direction. Lancer Alter pulled her reins, and Llamrei bristled threateningly as it turned to face the new voice. The new voice—

She is right behind me.

She did not see her coming. Nobody saw her coming.

“Assassin…!”

“Well, it was not that hard to figure out, was it.”

A gauntleted hand fell on the crown of Assassin’s head, stroking it carefully. It made her shudder.

When the intruder took a step forward to stand by her side, the shorter Assassin saw a devil. A voluptuous she-devil, not in the metaphorical sense that Rider at Germania evoked. This was a beautiful and monstrous woman. Her white hair and red eyes matched the small Lancer’s; they could certainly pass for sisters. Unlike the single horn poking out of Lancer’s evil mask, this new Assassin had two very real crimson horns, also very much like her own.

“My warmest greetings, child of Chaldea and his companion Servant,” she greeted with a quick gesture of the hand. “I am not surprised to find you here, but I must admit I did not expect you this early. Thank you for looking after this child.”

“Don’t touch me!” Assassin tried to push the offending hand away, but it did not budge.

“Calm down, child.” The words contrasted starkly with the sardonic tone of her euphonious voice.

Fear gave way to irritation. Irritation gave way to musket.

“Stop calling me a—”

And then she fell to the cold ground like a marionette devoid of strings. She vaguely caught the Master calling out to her, but she could only think about the fact that she no longer felt her body below her belly.

“A child is what you are, so a child I will call you.”

Assassin grunted when she was pulled and lifted by one of her horns, but she no longer posed any resistance.

“Let her go,” demanded the Master.

“No.”

“Alter.”

“Why aren’t we beating her yet, Master?” all but growled the mounted Lancer.

“Because he still doesn’t know where his Rider is. Francis Drake, was it?”

Assassin almost gasped when a chilling cold struck deep in her chest. The object in the demon woman’s free hand made her faint.

“I guess calling me ‘Assassin’ would be confusing, so I’ll be a bit selfish and ask you to call me Chiyou.”

“The Iron Emperor…” whispered the Master with deep trepidation.

Chiyou threw Drake’s handgun to the Master’s feet, granting the young man a good glimpse of it before it shattered into motes of light.

“Master…!” Lancer Alter hissed, but the young man only clenched his jaw and made a halting gesture.

“He will not give the order, because he is wise, and prudent,” taunted the invader. “You have a good Master, Black King of the Wild Hunt.”

“Assassin,” finally spoke the smaller Lancer. “Why are you here? What are you aiming for?”

The questions brought a smile to the devilish lips.

“Fufu, my aim can wait for a better time. Right now, I am here to take a good look at this darling child.”

Assassin grunted when the taller Assassin brought their faces closer. Her smile inflamed her chest with anger and trepidation. This was worse than both Rider and the Chaldean Master. This was an instinctual rejection, unbound by experience or first impressions; merely the prey cowering before the top predator.

“You did not listen to Rider and Saber, so I thought I would come and meet you in person. So, was it you who took out my Saber? Or was it one of the mighty Servants from Chaldea?”

“You summoned them,” repeated the Master, and the tall demon assented.

“Yes, I have a fine group of…collaborators, let’s call them. And yes, before you ask, I do have a wish-granting device that allowed me to do so.”

“You…summoned me.”

“Ah no! No, no, no, no, no, my child!” The tall Assassin grew more and more animated as the conversation continued. “I did not summon you. You’re a special case. Truly, there might not be a more special case than yours.”

“Who am I?” She finally asked. It was resignation; she had lost when she asked the question.

“Now, now, I can tell. You don’t want the answer from me, just like you didn’t want it from Rider. If you want to find your identity, there is an obvious solution: find a Holy Grail and wish for it.”

Assassin was flung just like Drake’s handgun earlier. She had not touched the ground when the young man shouted at the top of his lungs.

“Alter!”

Behind her, a storm of attacks unfolded. It was entirely one-sided: Alter unleashing a maelstrom of fierce attacks with her wicked lance. The demonic Assassin matched the blows with sheer agility, weaving around the warhorse in an incessant dance of offense and evasion.

There was a loud neigh.

“That’s just like—!” The young man exclaimed when Llamrei’s legs gave out. Lancer Alter leapt away before she was crushed by her own partner.

“Are you going to try as well, sister?”

The masked Lancer took a step forward.

“I will not let you hurt him.”

She received a twisted chuckle in response.

“That’s a good answer.”

An arm stretched out. The tip of a dark lance slipped into the gap between two fingers, and when those were turned, the charge’s momentum sent Lancer Alter sprawling to the side.

“Pointless. I may be in the Assassin container, but I am still an Aspect of Chiyou, the Iron Emperor and sovereign over all armame—”

The loud burst of musket fire, and then Chiyou was a good part of ten meters further away. Her mocking amusement was replaced with cold wariness.

“Child…”

Assassin already had a new musket aimed at the despised intruder. Even if her legs still did not work, there was at last a wicked and triumphant smirk on her face.

“You might be the emperor or whatever, but your sovereignty doesn’t extend to firearms.”

After a moment of trading glares, Chiyou regained her mocking smirk.

“Hmph. Fine words from a weak and feeble Servant. Whatever, we are done for today.”

Chiyou ignored the glare from Lancer Alter and pointed a crimson claw at Assassin’s face.

“Seek the Cornucopia, child.”

And she exhaled a cloud of thick grey fog that rendered sight useless.

“Alter!”

“I’m here.”

“I’m here as well, boy. Do not panic,” added the masked Lancer. “I can dispel this fog.”

“Assassin?”

“I can’t move my legs.”

A moment later, the fog was dispersed and the pleasant visage of the slopes of the Alps revealed itself again. Assassin sighed and let herself fall prone. She had not done any fighting, but she was exhausted. Her ears caught the approaching footsteps of the Master of Chaldea while Lancer Alter went to check on her incapacitated warhorse.

When her eyes met the young man’s, Assassin felt that, surely, they were thinking the exact same question.

Why didn’t she kill us?
    Base Stats & Skills

Mó Mŭ

Faceclaim

Source: Artwork by gods

Class: Lancer
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Source: Chinese mythology (Han and Tang dynasty records)
    Region: China

Height & Weight: 145 cm, 48 kg
    Dislikes: Evil spirits
    Talents: Exorcism, outdoors survival, tailoring
    Natural Enemy: Gilles de Rais (Caster)
    Attribute: Sky

STR C
    END A
    AGI C
    MGI B
    LUK A
    Noble Phantasm B+

Class Skills

Magic Resistance – A
    Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the developed Resistance that merely rejects magical energy, this Skill cancels the spells altogether. At this rank, spells of A-rank or below are canceled, no matter what High-Thaumaturgy it is. In practice, the Servant is untouchable to modern magi.

The worthy anti-magic trait of a great warrior of the eve of civilization, when the supernatural ran rampant. It needs to be pointed out that, were this Heroic Spirit based exclusively on the records of the Yellow Emperor’s fourth wife, her rank in this Skill would be C.

Personal Skills

Clairvoyance – A
    Superior visual perception and dynamic occipital capture. At higher ranks, it is possible that the bearers of this Skill have abilities such as precognition and other forms of perception beyond standard eyesight. Lancer’s piercing eyes possess the divine gift of seeing spiritual bodies without physical form, as well as the power to see invisible creatures and objects.

Evening Bell – D
    A Skill that signals the announcement of funeral proceedings and the visitation of Death. A unique Skill that manifests as a result of having become one with the rites of passing. Reduces enemies’ resistance to the instantaneous imposition of Death, and provides an overall boost to Lancer’s offensive power.

Lancer is the guardian standing at the vanguard of the imperial procession and the funeral march on the emperor’s passing. She is the symbol of death respected and feared by those of noble blood. Unlike the Old Man of the Mountain, her duty is not to bring death to those who have lost sight of their mortality, but to castigate those who aim to disrupt the deceased’s final voyage to its final resting place.

Visage of the Imperial Exorcist – A
    The unsightly, fearsome mien of the imperial exorcist. Her visage is as ugly as her soul is virtuous. She is a terrifying sight to the enemies of the emperor, to those who have strayed from the path of righteousness, and to those who are merely feebleminded. Enemies in her presence must save to avoid paralyzing fear; the saving throw’s difficulty increases the further the creature is from a Lawful Good alignment.

Witchcraft – A
    A Skill that signifies one as a practitioner of Witchcraft. This magecraft has roots in both the eastern and western worlds.

In Lancer’s case, it refers to the shamanistic tradition of China, the wū jiào, rich in divinations to perceive supernatural effects, presences and influences; means to come into contact with extensions of the Planet, as well as the means to exorcise them when they become a threat to humans. Unlike versions of this Skill possessed by other Servants, Lancer’s is very martial in nature, full of combat-ready spells. On the other hand, Lancer’s ability to wield anti-spirit magecraft in combat is as much a reflection of the Servant’s discipline and skill, as it is a triumph of the system’s intrinsic practicality.
    Lore & Character
    Lore
    According to the Records of the Grand Historian, the legendary progenitor of Chinese civilization, the Yellow Emperor, had four wives. Huángdì believed that a worthy woman should possess talent beyond mere physical appearance, and chose his partners accordingly. The first wife, Léi Zŭ, was not particularly gifted in the looks department, but according to the legend she possessed the secrets of sericulture, which she would only share with the man she married. But it is the fourth wife, Mó Mŭ, who became infamous for her extraordinary ugliness, second only to her flawless virtue. She is remembered as an exemplar of goodness, and her husband appointed her as the manager of the imperial residence. She is the Chinese “Mother of Invention”, who turned Léi Zŭ’s silk into clothing and presented the fledging civilization with the loom and with the technique to grind stone into mirrors. According to a Tang dynasty account of the life of the Yellow Emperor, when the first wife suddenly passed away, it was Mó mǔ who led the funeral procession, protecting the body of her friend and rival from wicked spirits aiming to seize it and taint it. That image, of the woman of the ugly visage leading the funeral procession with spear in hand, became the prototype of the traditional Chinese exorcist-shaman.

Character
    “Divinity? Yes, I seem to lack that Skill. I assume it is not a particularly significant element of my aspect as the Exorcist. Mah, I think it is better this way. A load off my shoulders, I believe is the right term.”

The true identity of this Servant is that of the Iron Emperor Chiyou, in her aspect as the Exorcist-Shaman. This the Chiyou in the Han Feizi, and further described by Cai Yong: the guardian of the imperial procession, escorting the Yellow Emperor and protecting him from evil spirits on its way to Mount Tai. This figure was deified as the guardian of travelers. At some point the image of the guardian Chiyou was conflated with Mó Mŭ’s, creating the figure of the traditional exorcist appearing in the New Year’s festivals. In the Han dynasty, this exorcist figure guards against evil influences as the community sent off the lingering pollutions of the dying year. The Zhou Li describes the exorcist shaman as an ugly figure, clad in black and red under a bearskin. The exorcist has four red eyes, carries a halberd and a shield, and leads the seasonal exorcisms. The wiseman, Zhang Heng, describes a similar figure, replacing the bearskin with a shaggy tiger hide. It guards the imperial and funeral processions, warding off all sorts of treacherous spirits.

The Servant Chiyou in her aspect manifested as a Lancer is therefore a guardian figure, with a motherly mien that does not match her appearance. A small woman, carrying a halberd longer than she is tall. A doting caretaker—Masters, prepare to be pampered. She will see the Master as the figure that must be protected at all cost, and she will thus coddle her Master and endeavor to keep him/her out of harm’s way. She resents that her parameters are below the average among the seven aspects of the Iron Emperor, although it’s hard to take that seriously, as she is comparing herself to some unbelievable monsters. She is a great Servant with absolutely no reason to look down on herself. Among Lancers, she can stand toe to toe with the most renowned names. Her wū jiào makes her a significant threat in anti-Servant combat; all her spells aimed at exorcising spirits can be utilized against Saint Graphs.

She has a soft spot for children, as the embodiments of life and purity. Those who would take the lives of children long before their due time are her utmost enemies. She loathes the undead, but she does not care about necromancy and those who practice it, unless they also dabble in the profanation of tombs and sacred places. She doesn’t have flags, and there is not a route for this person. When it comes to matters of the heart, her loyalty is to the Yellow Emperor. However, she would be more than pleased if you would choose to call her “mama”.
    Noble Phantasm
    Qiánwăng Tàishān
    Vanguard to Mount Tai

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 2-3
    Maximum Targets: 1 target

The original Chinese halberd, and therefore the prototype to all East Asian polearm Noble Phantasms, from Sun Wukong’s Ruyi Jingu Bang to the Three Great Spears of Japan. Strangely enough, the prototype is completely different from its descendants in that it emphasizes its worth as a defensive weapon. It is not a mighty spear with which a heroic warrior carves its name through feats of valor. It is instead the humble weapon of a frontline soldier that gives the entirety of herself to protect that which she believes precious. The blade possesses an innate property that makes it super effective against spiritual bodies. It is the greatest exorcism tool, with a chance of instantly banishing a wanton spirit with a single blow. It is not nearly as effective against spirits on the level of Servants, but even a glancing blow from its blade will inflict worrisome damage to them. Nevertheless, this halberd is a tool of protection. Furthermore, the protection not of Lancer, but of someone else she has devoted herself to. This is the burial ceremony in which the exorcist strikes the corners of the tomb chamber with her halberd, blocking interference with the departing soul at its most vulnerable moment.

Just like the warrior Chiyou was a mythic counterpart to the Yellow Emperor, the exorcist-shaman was his physical counterpart as well as his servant (consort). The Yellow Emperor’s four faces were his ministers, dispatched to govern the four quarters in his stead. The exorcist’s four faces are his own assistants, the “madmen”, who also stand on the four auspicious directions. This is how the exorcist becomes the guardian of the central point—the Yellow Dragon, identical to Huangdi. The one standing at the center is the axis mundi, a pillar of the planet and anchor for souls, so that they will not stray. In other words, the halberd’s protective power is not its own; it is the Planet’s enforcement of a “rule” the halberd embeds in its system.

Lancer stands close to her intended target and invokes the Noble Phantasm’s name. Four faceless, wraith-like humanoid spirits also bearing masks and halberds appear and surround Chiyou and her target. Lancer standing at the center becomes the object of the halberd’s imposed rule: she becomes “a necessary existence” to the Planet; for a few seconds, the system that is Reality will ensure she is spared from all harm. The soul of the chosen target becomes anchored to Lancer—it enjoys the same benefit as Chiyou, plus temporary immunity to the instantaneous imposition of the concept of Death. Truly, if only for an instant, Chiyou’s protégé becomes something utterly inhuman. A straightforward and very powerful effect, as is often the case in Noble Phantasm of her ancient era.
    Last edited by Daneel Rush; June 18th, 2017 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Edited to account for sherlock1110's accurate comments.

Blog Entries
    Mo Mu: So I guess you're making a series of sheets like this? Culminating in Assassin most likely, that'll be cool thank you . Lancer is a very interesting Servant and you've done a good job at showing how effective she is against spiritual entities. The only points I could make is that the active form of the NP (Protection from harm) could be further developed as just a blanket "cannot be harmed" effect seems somewhat out of place for me, even Avalon moved them into Avalon itself, thereby making harming the user practically impossible. I'm not accustomed to Chinese mythology but maybe it could be more nuanced by making the spirits take the damage themselves? It's not the best suggestion sorry, but the reason I brought it up is because currently the Noble Phantasm doesn't have enough needless fluff to give it that "Nasu feel". Also I forgot what Evening Bell does but that's my own ignorance rather than the fault of the sheet

Here is the line where I would do the obligatory "Hey how do you think they would react to my Servant" bit.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    I know this is not exactly what this thread is for but it is somewhat relevant. I was wondering if I could get any criticism on this idea for a skill, it's not for an upcoming sheet but I did get the idea when thinking about possible candidates for Servants so it is pretty badly written due to my lack of expertise.

Mind Over Matter (-): For those who have continually overcome boundaries that were considered unbreakable or taboo during their life time through application of their intellect. Servants possessing this skill have a "practical intelligence" that comes to the fore during dangerous situations, at it's lower ranks the Heroic Spirit could make an incredibly difficult situation far easier through a variety of original methods, specific to the problem they face. At the higher ranks a Heroic Spirit can make the tiniest chance of success in a task widen to a degree where it becomes almost impossible to lose even in absurd situations where the outcome may be seemingly obvious, it should be noted that this skill can act as a substitute for other Parameters, such as Agility, when a challenge faces the Heroic Spirit.
    Last edited by sherlock1110; June 18th, 2017 at 07:20 AM.

Blog Entries
    Mind Over Matter (-): For those who have continually overcome boundaries that were considered unbreakable or taboo during their life time through application of their intellect. Servants possessing this skill have a "practical intelligence" that comes to the fore during dangerous situations, at it's lower ranks the Heroic Spirit could make an incredibly difficult situation far easier through a variety of original methods, specific to the problem they face. At the higher ranks a Heroic Spirit can make the tiniest chance of success in a task widen to a degree where it becomes almost impossible to lose even in absurd situations where the outcome may be seemingly obvious, it should be noted that this skill can act as a substitute for other Parameters, such as Agility, when a challenge faces the Heroic Spirit.
    It sounds a lot like Eye Of The Mind, only more vague. Then again, there have been original Skills in canon fairly close to existing ones so... your choice I guess.

Blog Entries
    Well I was worried about comparisons of it being a shitty Pioneer of the Stars, although I can see now why you'd think about Eye Of The Mind. I was intending it to be for non-combat situations but you're right it's kind of useless. Sorry to have wasted your time

Blog Entries
    Well I was worried about comparisons of it being a shitty Pioneer of the Stars, although I can see now why you'd think about Eye Of The Mind. I was intending it to be for non-combat situations but you're right it's kind of useless. Sorry to have wasted your time
    I guess you could think of it as some kind of combo Eye Of The Mind and Pioneer Of The Stars, actually. And I didn't say it was a bad idea. If you feel it works then go for it.

Blog Entries
    In reply to the edit of Mo Mu thank you for adding in a bit more. I'm sorry to have bothered you with something like that but describing something in its specifics (becoming a necessary existence rather than basic defense) is not only a bit more interesting to read (and a little bit of a history lesson for someone who doesn't know this stuff ) but also gives some slight hope for breaking through an unbreakable defense. Also thank you once again for the Evening Bell description I couldn't find a description of what it done anywhere but my searching skills are quite limited.

Blog Entries
    Question, since the Servant-in-question trained their skill as an assassin by combatting tigers and leopards with a dagger for two years, should they have the Beast Killer​ Skill?

---

Yes, the Servant is an Assassin Class Servant.

Now Revamped!

Question, since the Servant-in-question trained their skill as an assassin by combatting tigers and leopards with a dagger for two years, should they have the Beast Killer​ Skill?

---

Yes, the Servant is an Assassin Class Servant.
    What

also I don't think so, considering the context. It was to become better as an assassin, not really to get good at killing beasts. Though, I suppose that might have happened as a byproduct. Idk. Depends on whether or not you think it adds anything to include, or just feel that the sheet needs a way to be more fleshed out. I don't really like it, though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 4score7years View Post
    What
    I know, it's ridiculous. But the source material has it written in there, so I'm just paraphrasing it.

Quote Originally Posted by 4score7years View Post
    also I don't think so, considering the context. It was to become better as an assassin, not really to get good at killing beasts. Though, I suppose that might have happened as a byproduct. Idk. Depends on whether or not you think it adds anything to include, or just feel that the sheet needs a way to be more fleshed out. I don't really like it, though.
    I see. In hindsight, I'm really focusing on the character's "assassin" aspect, so the Beast Killer Skill does seem unnecessary... Thanks for the insight, by the way.
    Last edited by SleepMode; June 20th, 2017 at 03:54 PM.

Now Revamped!

I know, it's ridiculous. But the source material has it written in there, so I'm just paraphrasing it.

I see. In hindsight, I'm really focusing on the character's "assassin" aspect, so the Beast Killer Skill does seem unnecessary... Thanks for the insight, by the way.
    You could mention it in the flavor somewhere, actually.

If not a proper beast-killer skill, it's interesting enough that you might want to mention it in personality, likes/dislikes, as part of another skill's background/description, etc.