Page 560 of 858 FirstFirst ... 60460510550555558559560561562565570610660 ... LastLast
Results 11,181 to 11,200 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Quote Originally Posted by MehKitteh View Post
    Samael: I like him. Very, very much. He's what in my mind, an epic boss fight that I'd love to try. While the skills seems a bit wanked, that's not really bad for a Beast, and a former(?) Angel as well.
    Thanks! Since it was a Beast, I just let my imagination run wild and didn't stop for a second thinking whether I was wanking him or not. The Sin wasn't too complicated to come up with and coming up with the Skills was the part where I had the most fun, but the Noble Phantasm was arguably the hardest to do since it didn't differ too much from his Soul Reaping.

All in all, I'm not too satisfied with the NP's effects but I'm pretty happy about what it symbolises as well as the connection with Adam and Eve. Also, if people are praising it I clearly have done sell thing well

EDIT

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Samael: Now that's a Beast! People often miss the point completely and go just for big undefeatable bosses, but yours manages to be unimaginably powerful without missing the core theme of an Evil of Man who attempts to end us out of twisted love. Not to say your Beast is good just because some others fail to be, it is legitimately great even when compared to some official ones, good job.
    Same as above, thank you! I had high expectations for this one, so I'm happy you like it. I initially planned to use Loki as Beast III/L, but Samael turned out to be a better choice and someone else already had posted a sheet with Loki. I don't really like creating Servants recently made, which is why it was a little frustrating when I noticed too late that someone had already done Robespierre before I completed mine.
    Last edited by Fabuzer; May 10th, 2018 at 07:25 PM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabuzer View Post
    Same as above, thank you! I had high expectations for this one, so I'm happy you like it. I initially planned to use Loki as Beast III/L, but Samael turned out to be a better choice and someone else already had posted a sheet with Loki.
    Loki as a Beast would probably represent the evil of "Nihilism"- that living is pointless and you might as well burn it all down and start over. Or at least, that's how I envisioned him in my own sheet.

SAVER
    Info:
    Class: Saver
    Origin: Middle East
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Attribute: Star
    Dislikes: Evil, Ignorance
    Natural Enemy: Angra Manyu

Stats:
    Str: D
    End: D
    Agi: C
    Mana: EX
    Luck: A
    N.Phant.: EX

Skills:
    -Class:
    Charisma (B)
    Counter Hero (C)
    -Personal:
    Anti-Evil (A+++)
    The ability to hurt those with an evil nature. All attacks will not only do extra physical damage to a person, but also damages the soul/spiritual core, of an evil being. It has a max effect on those of a Chaotic Evil alignment.

One with the Divine (EX)
    Denotes one whose Saint Graph has had a Divine Spirit imposed upon it. Serves as an advanced composite skill of: Divinity (A), Protection of the Faith (A), and Affection of the Divine (A).

Independent Action (EX)

Noble Phantasm:
    Amesha Spenta~The Immortal Holy Ones
    Type: Support
    A Noble Phantasm through which Saver summons his Amesha Spenta, holy spirits created by Ahura Mazda. These autonomous spirits have no will of their own, and act as drones of Saver. They are summoned in various class comtainers, and have the skills and parameters as granted by the class itself. The classes used by the spirits are: Saber, Archer, Lancer, Rider, Caster, and Shielder.

The ultimate strength of this Noble Phantasm, is that due to the nature of these spirits, they can be resummoned by redoing the summoning ritual. If defeated, any/all of the Avesha Spenta can be summoned within 24 hours.

Ultimate Unity~True Desire of the Soul
    Type: Anti-Unit
    A Noble Phantasm based upon the true desire of all humans according to Zoroasterism. Upon placing his hand on a person, and invoking this Noble Phantasm, Saver can u.ify the mortal and immortal aspects of the soul, making them a being beyond mortal issues, effectively causing them to vanish from the mortal plane. While this effect is merely recreated when used on a Servant, it is possible for Saver to use the Servant as a terminal to the Throne of Heroes, forever banishing them from it.

Personality:
    Spoiler:
    Saver is an, interesting existence. Basically a Demi-Servant Servant, Saver is an autonomous force of good, mildly influenced by the human host. While a holy zealot, Saver is oddly understanding of mild moral and legal infractions, believing that as long as they repent, things will be forgiven.
    He also has another side to him, he has an obsession with k owledge, and enjoys the company of intelligent people. He is imposed with quite a large amount of knowledge already, he continues reading on all subjects.
    As a Servant, he is not at all concerned with the actions of his Master or the Holy Grail War, and only wishes to impose the will of Ahura Mazda.

Biography:
    Spoiler:
    Saver is Zoroaster, the elderly prophet who founded Zoroasterism, and spread the word of Ahura Mazda, the "first spirit" and the "spirit of good". However, as a Heroic Spirit, Zoroaster allows Ahura Mazda to act through him, infusing it into his Saint Graph.
    Last edited by CritHit; May 10th, 2018 at 09:33 PM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Zoroaster: You meant him to be a Saver, right? Because his Class lists Saber instead. Frankly, I'm not really a fan of how generic his Personal Skills are (there's a lot more you could've given to the founder of the world's first monotheistic religion), but I understand that (other then One With The Divine) those are basically Ahura Mazda's Skills, rather then his own.

Fair enough, I'm wondering though, should I work more on that particular Saver, or should I just make a true version of Zoroaster?

Also, thanks, I'll edit that.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Giving him the ability to just banish any Heroic Spirit from the Throne isn't reasonable, sending them back should be enough, and they should have a chance to resist it by means of conviction, alignment, or some Parameter check.

It's also weird to me that his Anti-Evil skill gets stronger if the person is Chaotic Evil. A Chaotic Evil person isn't Eviler Evil.

Giving him the ability to just banish any Heroic Spirit from the Throne isn't reasonable, sending them back should be enough, and they should have a chance to resist it by means of conviction, alignment, or some Parameter check.

It's also weird to me that his Anti-Evil skill gets stronger if the person is Chaotic Evil. A Chaotic Evil person isn't Eviler Evil.
    Fair thoughts, the banishment is a bit extreme, but in accordance to how the Soul in Zoroasterism works (which, as the Fate series progreses, various religions have been shown to have an effect on the afterlife, rather than just the default reincarnation) the mortal aspect of the Soul should be the one recorded on the Throne. Also, ask any D&D group, Chaotic Evil is definitely more evil.

Edit: To be more specific, the Chaotic alignment is inherently bad on it's own, combining it with the Evil alignment makes it worse.
    Last edited by CritHit; May 10th, 2018 at 09:43 PM.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Not in Fate. Look at Vlad, Atalanta, Eresh, Drake, etc; now compare them to our usual D&D Chaotic Evil NPC. Many of them are very reasonable people.

These ultra Evil people can fall into the allignment, but Chaotic Evil itself is not necessarily ultra Evil.
    Last edited by Spartacus; May 10th, 2018 at 09:48 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Well Fate alignment isn't DnD, but even if it was, I have never seen anyone say Chaotic Evil is just someone more Evil in any system, in fact people and even some books advise against this misconception.

Chaotic is on a different axis than Evil, if any system made them the same then that would be the most redundant system ever. A Lawful Good character isn't more Good than a Chaotic one, they just go about their good actions in different ways and/or see society and its rules differently, there's a reason they're called the Ethical and Moral axis (in DnD terms, anyway).

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Even DnD-wise, I have to disagree with your stance on the Chaotic spectrum, as those who fall under that part of the alignment don't fall with what is normal for society.

Chaotic Good: Does good, but not in a way that aligns with the established order in the setting.

Chaotic Neutral: Prioritize personal freedom and follow their heart/instincts, and that's it: what is "Good" or "Evil" means little to them.

Chaotic Evil: In essence, it is really "It's All About Me," but completely takes the needs/considerations of others out of the equation.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CritHit View Post
    Edit: To be more specific, the Chaotic alignment is inherently bad on it's own, combining it with the Evil alignment makes it worse.
    That's not true at all, neither in DnD nor in Fate.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Not in Fate. Look at Vlad, Atalanta, Eresh, Drake, etc; now compare them to our usual D&D Chaotic Evil NPC. Many of them are very reasonable people.

These ultra Evil people can fall into the allignment, but Chaotic Evil itself is not necessarily ultra Evil.
    Out of all of them, only Drake is chaotic evil, but you do have a point on her. Fair enough, I'll concede that I may have been wrong on comparing D&D alignments to Fate alignments.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not true at all, neither in DnD nor in Fate.
    Maybe not in Fate, but I have a large handful of DMs, and almost two decades of playing to tell me that is the case in DnD.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    I was talking about FGO Vlad, Atalanta Alter and Eresh is Chaotic Evil. I should make it clearer which one I am talking about, because there is so many of them.

In case you mistaken, Eresh is Ereshkigal, not Arash.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm not gonna deny your years of play, but it seems to me that you have played so far with a very specific group of people who interpret the system in a very unorthodox way.

Dude, no, all chaotic planes are worse than their Lawful and Neutral counterparts, Chaotic is generally applied as a negative on the moral scale.

Edit: There are various planes and editions that the alignments do work differently, but classically and usually, that is the case.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Well regardless, it doesn't really matter to this discussion, Fate uses a different—more vague and unintuitive—system anyway.

So yeah, not a great first attempt, I do appreciate your critiques, Royd and pinetree, I'll just revamp him completely sometime later rather than try to save this one.

JP Friend Code
    Huh?
    Blog Entries
    Not to mention that a Servant's aligment is affected by how they view themselves, like Kojirou.

Execute C:\local\lib\toh.exe?
    ---
    Dreams of swallow cuts.
    ---
    summs up a lot of my ironic weeaboo circles
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    people who have waifus are necessarily mentally ill

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    (probably)

But let's not start this discussion here, the Questions thread has been going on about alignments definitions for like 6 pages now.

Also, I hope to not have offended you pinetree, you seem like an intelligent person, and I don't wish to cause any discord between us.