Page 5 of 858 FirstFirst ... 34567101555105505 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    You are right, I forgot to put it. Thanks for the clarification.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    Bedivere: He also held Excalibur for a bit so I'm supprised you didn't mention that in the sheet, perhaps as a secret or sealed Noble Phantasm with a unique form?
    Camelot spoilers
    That's pretty much what Grand Order did, LOL!

Blog Entries
    So I did that sir Kay profile I'd talked about. There weren't really any mythical weapons he wielded or anything like that so I just made something up to be his NP that seemed fitting. Also the first Assassin I've done in ages. Really is hard to find good Assassin-eligible Heroic Spirits... Anyway, as always, be sure to drop by with comments and criticisms! Thanks.

Servant Assassin
    :

True Name
    : Sir Kay

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Alternate Classes
    : Saber, Caster

Strength- C
    Agility- B
    Endurance- A
    Mana- C
    Luck- C
    NP- C

Appearance:

(Without the scythe, though)

Personality: A sharp-tongued, loose-lipped rapscallion. Carefree but dependable, Assassin loves to tease others and will often say something outrageous simply to provoke a reaction. He is an expert at words and may spin an elaborate, sophistic argument for something absurd only to cheerfully proclaim he was 'just joking'.

Assassin also gives off somewhat of an uncouth demeanour, swearing openly and holding no apparent regard for courtly etiquette. However past all this he is a friendly and reliable young man who cares for others, particularly Arturia who he views as a 'little sister' of sorts due to their time spent together as youths. He was also one of the few people aware of the king's true gender. Though he loves to tease nearly everyone, his favorite person to tease is Arturia in particular, describing her flustered reactions as "too cute".

His wish on the Grail...? "Ah, such a thing is unecessary. I merely entered this bloodstained tournament for my own amusement, that's all."

That said, is there truly no other reason...? He truly is an enigmatic person, this Assassin.

This is a digression but, Assassin can be considered 'giftedly bad' at drawing and artwork of any sort, including sculpture. He once made a wood carving of a lion for Arturia that was so poor she compared it to a cross between a dog and cat, though appreciated it nonetheless.

Dislikes: courtly manners
    Talents: twisting the facts, epically bad artwork
    Natural Enemy: Bedivere

Class Skills
    :

Presence Concealment (C)- Ability to cut off one's presence. At this rank, the probability of stealth attacks succeeding is increased slightly. The Servant can be tracked using scrying spells and tracking techniques. It was more Assassin's duplicitous nature rather then a talent for stealth per-se that led to qualifying for this Class.

Personal Skills:

Inner Fire (B)- Ability to radiate a supernatural heat from one's hands. Assassin is able to control the level of heat, from simply keeping himself warm or lighting campfires to outright scalding his enemies at a touch. As a side-effect, also grants him immunity to any fire-based attacks or Magecraft below the Skill's own ranking.

Monstrous Strength (C)- An innate ability possessed by monsters and beasts. Allows to temporarily boost one's Strength by one rank for a time determined by the Skill's own ranking. Though of no known giant or monstrous ancestry, Assassin was said to be able to grow as tall as the tallest tree in the forest. Only a slight exaggeration, while this Skill is active Assassin's height increases enormously to rival most large trees.

Silver Tongue (A)- Ability to talk one's way out of predicaments, and deceive others through honeyed words. Assassin was known for his way with words that verges on sophistry, being said to have never lost to anyone in a battle of words. While at times cruel and cutting, Assassin's harsh words in fact were invaluable in maintaining courtly order.

Noble Phantasm:

Focail Airgid- Silvered Words Of The Deceiver (C, Anti-Mind): A Noble Phantasm taking the form of a long, thin silver dagger tapering off into a narrow point. Rather then a weapon he ever used in life, it is a crystallization of Assassin's deceiving and underhanded nature.

The dagger is incredibly sharp and able to cut through both armor and flesh, but the true wounds it inflicts are psychological, not physical, in nature. Any target whose blood is drawn by even the shallowest cut from this dagger will begin to hear a taunting voice in their heads, much like that of Assassin himself, criticizing them and guiding them down false courses of action.

The voice is clever and elegant, presenting its suggestions as the best ones possible and the target's own as irredeemably foolish, but its advice is always in the worst interest of the target. On targets with low resolve, it acts as an incredibly potent psychological attack, while even stronger-willed targets are likely to find themselves worn down and distracted over time. The voice can only be heard by the target, and not by those around them. As a form of mental interference, it can be negated by Skills that specialize in such things, though because of its peculiar nature Magic Resistance offers no defense.

An insidious Noble Phantasm going against a knight's code of chivalry. It befits a Heroic Spirit such as Assassin, a knight who held regard for neither honor nor chivalry. Though constantly active, the voice remains in the background for most of the time unless the target is near Assassin. Its effects can only be broken if Assassin is killed or the dagger itself is destroyed.

Summoned as a Saber, his blade would instead possess a different effect, a curse of unhealing wounds much like the lance of a certain Celtic spearman. But in the Assassin Class, that ability has been sealed.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    By the way, I'd appreciate some feedback on my Bedivere. Particularly since I've never done a Servant for an existing Nasuverse character before.
    A character didn't meet your expectations so you removed most of what makes him distinct and then gave him Nine Lives Blade Works?

i dont even

I mean at least you could have included one of the more interesting aspects of his non-fanfic, non-singularity background which is his role as the Togusa of the Round Table.

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Servant Berserker:

Appearance:

Credit for image goes to notLeon on DeviantArt

Identity: Vortigern the Usurper / Vortigern the Dragon

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Alternate Classes: Monster, Beast, Avenger

Birthday: Unknown
    Height: 199cm
    Weight: 115kg
    Blood type: Unknown
    Place of Origin: Europe
    Weapons: Flaming Greatsword, Claws, Teeth, Breath (when you're that big, most of your body is a lethal weapon)
    Likes: Fire, razing entire countries, glorious blazing infernos, primordial chaos, Britain (as a concept)
    Dislikes: Humans, Knights (especially Gawain), his 'dear niece' Arturia, Britain (as an actual country)
    Talents: Mass destruction
    Natural enemy: Humans, especially knights. These two in particular
    Appearance (Description): Berserker appears as a knight wearing dark steel armor molded into the shape of a draconic monster. His helm hides his face within the mouth of a dragon's skull, such that only his glowing eyes are visible. Shadows lick his body like flames, which can also occasionally be seen flickering around him.

Personality: With his defeat at Arturia and Gawain’s hands fresh in his mind, Berserker is constantly in a state of barely-contained fury. Berserker is savage, merciless, and though fully coherent, has little more control over his violent urges than the beast whose blood he drank. And with his destructive capabilities, this makes him a deadly foe. There is nothing he likes more than watching cities burn (as long as he breathed the fire that began the conflagration). His Mad Enhance skill is virtually non-existent, so he is capable of following complex orders.

However, as the war continues, his urge to take back, or rather annihilate, the British Isles (and everything that lives there), will continue to grow until he can no longer resist, at which point he will abandon his Master and the Holy Grail War entirely to pursue his own goal.

These urges are only exacerbated by the presence of Arturia in any form being present in the battle, or any of her knights. Seeing his niece and her comrades brings out the true monster in him, and he will adjust his purpose for razing Britain, now using his violent plans for her country as provocation for the King of Knights, baiting her into a battle from which she cannot possibly emerge victorious.

Though he does want Britain to be free of humans, and anything else really, he's just as eager if not more to rip the upstart girl who killed him limb from bloody limb, along with her knights.

His wish for the Grail is to scorch the entire world, a wish that the corrupted vessel would be only too happy to grant.

Stats

Strength: A
    Endurance: A
    Agility: C
    Magic: B
    Luck: C
    Noble Phantasm: EX

Class Skills:
    Mad Enhance: (E-)
    The user does not receive the benefits of Mad Enhancement, not do they lose their reasoning abilities or capacity for rational thought. However, as Vortigern is, in essence, a monster, coupled with his violent and cruel personality, this means very little.

Personal Skills:
    Breath of the Dragons: (B)
    The ability to expel a torrent of mana, akin to the breath of a dragon. Vortigern's takes the form of a maelstrom of fire.

Natural Weapon: (A+)
    Ability to use one's body as a weapon. When fighting unarmed, physical parameters go up by two full rankings. This skill is most useful to Berserker when he's making use of his primary Noble Phantasm's secondary effect.

Monstrous Strength: (E-A)
    An ability possessed by monsters and beasts that can boost the Strength parameter by one rank for a time limit depending on the rank of this skill. Berserker can only use it in very short bursts in human form. It activates automatically in dragon form.

Instinct: (C)
    The user has the ability to “feel” the most favorable developments for oneself during battle.

Sadistic Constitution (C-A):
    A skill that augments one's aggression in battle. It appears to be a positive skill, but the longer its owner stays in battle, the more their abusive disposition will grow, causing them to lose their usual composure. It's possible to say that this is just one step short of the skill that causes Berserkers to go insane.

The more one attacks, the stronger one becomes, but on the other hand, one's defensive abilities drop. With the added disadvantage of unconsciously lowering one's chances of escape. This doesn’t pose a particularly big problem as the skill normally only activates while in dragon form. However, should he come upon a knight or a king, the skill activates regardless of whether he’s transformed or not. Furthermore, if Arturia or Gawain happens to be his target, both positive and negative effects are vastly augmented.

Noble Phantasms:

The Primordial Dragon of Britain
    Draco Britanniae—The Infinite Inferno (EX)

Type: Anti-World
    Maximum Targets: 10,000 / ∞ (If he becomes self-sustaining

Appearance:

Vortigern invokes the power of his draconic blood, achieving a full transformation. In life, when he first transformed, even the full might of Arturia wielding Rhongomyniad and Gawain wasn't enough to harm him, and but for the intervention of the Counter Force empowering them, their defeat would have been a certainty.

Now empowered by the Throne of Heroes, his dragon form is virtually invincible. Upon taking this form, his stats increase past any reasonable degree, with his body developing armor akin to Siegfried's Armor of Fafnir Noble Phantasm, his fiery breath increasing in volume from a mere jet of flame into a maelstrom of all-consuming fire. This augmentation of his abilities was not an intended consequence of becoming a Heroic Spirit, but being summoned as one has increased his power immeasurably.

There is, of course, one negative side effect of this absurdly powerful ability: As he has both the capacity and the will to destroy everything in the world, just to watch it burn, upon transforming, the Counter Force immediately starts empowering those who would oppose him, just as it did when Arturia and Gawain defeated him. This is the only reason that should he stomp on an enemy Servant, they will only get pinned to the ground beneath his claws, instead of immediately being crushed into a grisly puddle. Getting caught in an actual claw swipe or being beneath him as he descends from the air on the other hand can spell the immediate end for any Servant. Should they have a rank of C or lower in Endurance and Luck, they will be killed by the attack—if it hits. Fortunately for his opponents, his maneuverability is significantly hampered by his immense size, and a Servant with an Agility rank equal to or higher than his own has a chance of avoiding such attacks. In his dragon form, his breath weapon, predictably, is significantly more powerful and will immolate anything caught in its path. Defeating this attack necessitates a sturdy shield or other barrier;

otherwise...

As a secondary effect of this Noble Phantasm, Berserker is also capable of making a partial transformation. Even if he is disarmed, he can turn his arms into clawed appendages with virtually impenetrable scales, or even sprout wings from his back.

Devourer of Holy Swords
    Hole in the World—Shadow of the Dragon (B)

Type: Anti-Object
    Maximum Targets: 1,000

With a deafening roar, Vortigern summons dark clouds that block out the sun. His body becomes wreathed in darkness, becoming a "hole in the world" and drawing out the divine power housed in holy swords and devouring it, the darkness growing thicker the holier its adversary. Upon consuming this energy he can then release it as an immense blast of dragonfire. One attack is enough to incinerate a whole retinue of elite knights like ants under a giant magnifying glass, and bring Gawain and Arturia to the brink of defeat.

There is a limit to the amount of light it can devour. Though it can cause Excalibur Galatine to lose its brilliance entirely, Excalibur still retains the "glow of a weak bonfire."

Stats (Dragon)

Strength: EX
    Endurance: EX
    Agility: D
    Magic: EX
    Luck: C
    Noble Phantasm: E-
    (Using this Noble Phantasm again while in dragon form costs no mana and returns him to his 'human' shape.)

Height: (edited slightly from the wiki) Upon transforming into a dragon, Vortigern becomes a beast so immense that he’s capable of destroying an entire citadel and engulfing a great amount of it with nothing but his neck.
    Weight: 553,000 kg.
    That is 1,217,000 lbs., or upwards of 600 tons.

--------------------------------------------------

Height and weight determination problems
    You have no idea how difficult it is to get info on a dragon’s actual height or weight, even according to Dungeons & Dragons rulebooks. Or maybe you do, in which case you have my deepest sympathies. Either way, I’ll stick with the wiki’s approximation of his height until I can find a decent chart. The only one I could find only went up to Gargantuan, and Vortigern is almost certainly well above the colossal size designation.

This is for Gargantuan:

Body Length 88 ft.
    Standing Width 12 ft.
    Maximum Height 18 ft.
    Wingspan 100 ft.
    Weight 165,000 lb.

Eighteen feet would make him smaller than my two-story house, and I would expect a 'citadel' would be larger than that.

--------------------------------------------------

I've been meaning to do a Berserker/Vortigern sheet for some time now. I'm glad it's finally done!
    So, this is my first Servant Sheet. Thoughts? Criticisms? Rotten vegetables?

*sigh* I had to use the adjective I derived my username from in this character sheet twice. Oh well, I think it's better for it.

*Note: The image of his dragon form may be subject to change if I find an image more accurate.
    Last edited by Draconic; December 23rd, 2016 at 03:04 PM.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    Already made most of my commentary on Vortigern over PM, and you've fixed pretty much all the errors I pointed out. Very good and solid profile there, Draconic. Vorti sounds like a downright terrifying opponent to face in a Grail War (or anywhere, really) and I can very much understand Arturia being afraid of him. If I had one critique I don't think Natural Weapon is really necessary as a Skill since he already has pretty high parameters to begin with and dragon transformation. I think you could probably nix that Skill, honestly.

Funny that I just came to read this after watching the sem-final episode of Shingeki No Bahamut. From one giant world-destroying dragon to another, LOL!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    A character didn't meet your expectations so you removed most of what makes him distinct and then gave him Nine Lives Blade Works?

i dont even

I mean at least you could have included one of the more interesting aspects of his non-fanfic, non-singularity background which is his role as the Togusa of the Round Table.
    Well, that's not really fair. I just felt like doing Bedivere as I imagined him whereas GO's version, while an interesting character in his own right, diverges significantly from the myths. No idea what you mean by 'the Togusa of the Round Table' but I did give him the Witchcraft Skill, which I feel adds a nice bit of flavor.

Also if you look at his NP you'll find it's quite different then Nine Lives, beyond just the number of strikes. Nine Lives is multiple super fast slashes from different angles while his is nine phantom slashes along the same motion, plus it can be delayed so the slashes come out while he's already preparing another attack. Quite different.

That aside, does anybody have feedback on Kay? I'd think he's more original, at least.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    No idea what you mean by 'the Togusa of the Round Table'
    the flashback that includes Bedi asking Artoria why he was recruited to the Round Table. It's a rather significant bit of characterization to not have a clue about...

Blog Entries
    the flashback that includes Bedi asking Artoria why he was recruited to the Round Table. It's a rather significant bit of characterization to not have a clue about...
    You mean that he was only the normal person amongst superhumans? I know that, I just didn't get the reference to Togusa in particular (obviously to some anime I'm not familiar with).

In any case, I rather underplayed the whole 'ordinary guy' angle. My take is more based on how Bedivere was in the older myths, whereas he's quite capable and powerful.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    You mean that he was only the normal person amongst superhumans?
    sigh, no. I said characterization. That's not characterization.

Blog Entries
    No. That's not characterization.
    Well, wasn't it something like he's the only ordinary person amongst them so he understands the values of the common humanity where the other Knights wouldn't? I read the GO excerpt, but it was a few days ago so I forgot most of the exact details.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    in Ghost in the Shell, Togusa is an unenhanced human police detective that gets recruited to a special forces squad of cyborgs. He struggles to keep up physically and keeps wondering why he was recruited. There's a point when he asks the protagonist/team leader, so she explains to him why his perspective is valuable to the team.

It mirrors that, in part of the scene. There's other stuff that's important too, but this is what I'm referring to and it sounds like you didn't really take it into consideration.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Togusa, the beat cop amidst a bunch of ex-military guys in Ghost in the Shell.

- - - Updated - - -

I read the GO excerpt
    Reading character profiles doesn't actually give you that much insight into character, you know. You sort of have to read the story.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Order Camelot
    In preparation for such an era, she has not once thought of making a Round Table bound together solely by strength. That would be giving in to evil. Their swords should be drawn for the sake of their comrades’ futures. King Arthur asks Bedivere if this Camelot, brought about by glamour, would be any better if constructed by force. One day she hopes to build such an ideal capital with just the hands of man.

For that purpose, a knight like Bedivere is necessary.

A knight with a delicate and sensitive heart who will care for the lives of those that the King and Gawain may tend to overlook.
    Yup, that's pretty much what I'd remembered.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Yup, that's pretty much what I'd remembered.
    okay, so you didn't read it.

Just checking.
    Last edited by mewarmo990; August 17th, 2016 at 03:33 PM.

Blog Entries
    in Ghost in the Shell, Togusa is an unenhanced human police detective that gets recruited to a special forces squad of cyborgs. He struggles to keep up physically and keeps wondering why he was recruited. There's a point when he asks the protagonist/team leader, so she explains to him why his perspective is valuable to the team.

It mirrors that, in part of the scene. There's other stuff that's important too, but this is what I'm referring to and it sounds like you didn't really take it into consideration.
    See, I'd never watched GITS so I wouldn't know that. In any case, there can be value in coming up with one's own interpretation of a character.

- - - Updated - - -

okay, so you didn't read it.

Just checking.
    I read a (fairly in-depth) translated summary online that guys on this forum have linked to. Obviously I haven't played the actual game since it's in Japanese, but it's a little bit more then just a character profile.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    I read a (fairly in-depth) translated summary online that guys on this forum have linked to.
    its like TheSpy all over again

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    its like TheSpy all over again
    How is this an inaccurate source? Mind you, it's from the Grand Order website where pretty much all the translated information is coming from.

Also, I'm not a spy. Accusations of espionage are serious business in my book.

- - - Updated - - -

Still appreciate feedback on Kay, by the way.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, I was specifically aiming to do my own version of Bedivere different then the canon one, so accusing me of ignoring canon is hardly a relevant issue here.

If you want the canon Bedivere just play Grand Order.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    How is this an inaccurate source?
    See, here's why

TheSpy: I have read plenty of in-depth descriptions of Tsukihime. I don't need to read the actual source. Besides, you don't need the source to think that Hisui ought to be a great pairing with Shirou.
    Others: Besides the fact that Hisui hates men?
    TheSpy: Hisui hates men?

Summaries are summaries, and subject to both what the writer thinks is relevant and can be subject to their interpretation. As opposed to the actual source, where you go, "this is what it says, literally."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    See, here's why

TheSpy: I have read plenty of in-depth descriptions of Tsukihime. I don't need to read the actual source. Besides, you don't need the source to think that Hisui ought to be a great pairing with Shirou.
    Others: Besides the fact that Hisui hates men?
    TheSpy: Hisui hates men?

Summaries are summaries, and subject to both what the writer thinks is relevant and can be subject to their interpretation. As opposed to the actual source, where you go, "this is what it says, literally."
    Fair enough. Though, at the time, I don't think they were any more informative sources out unless you can actually read Japanese (which I cannot).

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Anyway, I was specifically aiming to do my own version of Bedivere different then the canon one, so accusing me of ignoring canon is hardly a relevant issue here.

If you want the canon Bedivere just play Grand Order.
    I mean, yeah, this is quite obvious.

He can do Nine Lives Sandanzuki Swallow Counter, after all.

- - - Updated - - -

That's amazing! You should upgrade the rank.
    Last edited by mewarmo990; August 17th, 2016 at 03:39 PM.