Page 614 of 858 FirstFirst ... 114514564604609612613614615616619624664714 ... LastLast
Results 12,261 to 12,280 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

FABRICATED HISTORICAL CRISIS SYNDROME gyrowins's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I tend to just incorporate ideas I like (skills, nasuverse backstory events, etc) and maybe snag the official art as a faceclaim. It's happened a few times to me before, but its never really deterred me from including a servant since they're usually different enough from canon (I don't like including servants lifted from canon wholesale).

Hear me now, O heart of the World:
    Light of Man, Dawn of Life
    Reaching Antiquity, Seizing the Future
    I call upon the stories of heroes long forgotten
    With this hand I will make thee whole.
    Hear me now, God of Prophecy,
    I take up thy Mantle:

Virgilius Musagetes
    Chorus of the Incarnate Dawn

Servant List

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    What about characterization? I think that's the most annoying part. Since even Saber, Alter and Lion King aren't inherently different. Like, our character is a goofy guy, then the canon one is actually an overlord...

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I don't do RP or fanfic but I would just ignore and keep going with my idea, it's not like mine is canon anyway so there's no obligation to adhere to something you couldn't know before writing it.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Fair point.

but notice us Kinoko

Create History with the light even God doesn't know Der Ritter's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I mean, Musashi, Arthur and Proto-Gil establish that you can have different versions of a person across universes, so you could always just handwave your version of that Servant as just existibg in your Fanfic/RP's universe.

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Exactly, you can just say "this is from another universe, so it's different". See Historia's Jeannette or my Ivan the Terrible

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    I mean, I already addressed it from the very start of the question.

So, I expecting answers besides that obvious choice that I already know about.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post

Well, if your two options are "continue" or "don't continue" then there's not exactly much room for alternative suggestions. If the character hasn't actually appeared yet though and you don't want to pull the alternate universe card, there's also the option of making them another Class from their canon counterpart (or skip this step if they're another Class already) and saying a different aspect has been emphasized.

For instance, if I were to remake my old Columbus sheet, I'd make him a Lancer instead of a Rider (with the American flag spear NP his primary one) and say that Class emphasizes his role in paving the way for the founding of America. Or to give another example, I wouldn't at all be surprised if a Rider or Berserker Attila the Hun ends up far closer to how he's seen in popular culture than the popsicle sword waving ancient alien we got in canon.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    There's also the option of your sheet being an Alter/Lily/Santa/Summer/Premium version

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Well, if your two options are "continue" or "don't continue" then there's not exactly much room for alternative suggestions. If the character hasn't actually appeared yet though and you don't want to pull the alternate universe card, there's also the option of making them another Class from their canon counterpart (or skip this step if they're another Class already) and saying a different aspect has been emphasized.

For instance, if I were to remake my old Columbus sheet, I'd make him a Lancer instead of a Rider (with the American flag spear NP his primary one) and say that Class emphasizes his role in paving the way for the founding of America. Or to give another example, I wouldn't at all be surprised if a Rider or Berserker Attila the Hun ends up far closer to how he's seen in popular culture than the popsicle sword waving ancient alien we got in canon.
    Changing Class, that's actually a good advice. Yeah, different slice of aspects pizza seems the easiest route without pulling the timeline card.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    Exactly, you can just say "this is from another universe, so it's different". See Historia's Jeannette or my Ivan the Terrible

sorry it can be i have somehing overlooked but About which Question do you argue now ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Says, if you write a fanfic/RP and your Servant is sniped by canon, will you just stop doing it or keep continue it (perhaps retcon him into Arthur timeline or some shit)?
    The situation you have as a writer would be:
    1) The Servant true name has been revealed
    2) The Servant already appeared in the story but true name not yet revealed
    3) The Servant has not yet appeared in the story, but you already planned a plot for him

Doesn't need for you to have write/experience it.
    execution > canon-ness in fanfic/rp
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Basically, do whatever I see fits as long it's not hurting our original narrative.

Alright.

Well, this is something I've worked on and off for the past couple of months. I'd like to thank History Buffs, Overly Sarcastic Productions, and The History of Rome Podcast for being such entertaining and easily digestible sources of information.

Here's the FGO Fanservant Sheet version I used as a template:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Contains My Room dialogues, gameplay effects, Bond Lines, etc.

Servant Archer:

https://imgur.com/3fqe16S

Other Appearances:

An simple toga, wrapped around the body and over the head.

A Military Commander uniform, with an ornate breastplate.

Titles: First Among Equals, God-Emperor

True Name: Gaius Octavius Thurius, Imperator Caesar Divi filius Augustus

Alignment: Lawful Evil

Parameters:

Strength: C

Agility: B

Endurance: D

Mana: B

Luck: A

Noble Phantasm: EX

Personality:

A social chameleon, Archer will switch his personality and demeanor to which he best see fits. To his enemies, he will present himself as larger than life, an embodiment of the unyielding and unbending power within him as the Greatest Emperor. To his allies, he will show off his cunning and sharp wits, using his intellect to establish himself as the most suitable leader among the group. To his master and closest friends, he will shed his roles and personalities and reveal the humble and self-deprecating man, eager to rest and be himself for a while before he must don the purple and act out his role once more.

In short, he is an actor on the greatest stage of life. A man with the cunning, intellect, and ruthlessness needed to achieve and retain the power necessary to become the sole master of the known world.

For all his many faces, there are still constants among the personalities. A patriotic love for Rome, an appreciation for fine wine, and an unquenchable thirst to learn. Such are simple pleasures of Archer, who despite the infamous debauchery and opulence of his many successors, never held delusions of grandeur.

Despite the humble and pleasing picture Archer may present, there is no forgetting the brutality and sheer ruthlessness Archer holds within him. Only a foolish Master would deny the extremities Archer is willing to go through to see through his goals. Because that humble exterior grew from a ravenous hunger and ambition from within, great care should be taken to not prod the beast lurking inside.

Archer himself has no wish for the Grail, citing the full life he has achieved being more than enough compensation for his death. The benefit and pleasure of knowing his name and title have survived the eroding waves of time also helps.

If there is one sore spot Archer holds, it is the way Fate has chosen to handle the objects of his succession, his heirs. He sees their unfortunate demise as an ugly stain on what would otherwise be a perfect and noble record. And yet, perhaps this sore spot is the best way to get close to his heart...

Relationships/Reactions:

Gaius Julius Caesar: "Ah, my adopted father. I no longer hold the wonder and adoration I had for him as a child. I'm sure he feels the same way about me. I will work with him, but I do not wish to be around him."

Cleopatra: "I see the last Pharaoh of Egypt is here. What an ignoble end for such a mighty civilization. I do not hate her, but I'm sure she feels quite the opposite. I must check my bed for snakes."

Iskander: "Hmph, his towering statue belies the child he is on the inside. He dies after doing the easy part of Empire-making and still calls himself King. Another pretender to the office."

Romulus: "The great founder is here?! Even I, the Greatest Emperor of Rome, would kneel before his presence."

Caligula: "Master, keep the Grails away from me before I am tempted to rewrite history."

Nero: "Ugh, the debauchery, the ineptitude, the naivete. She disgusts me. And yet, I cannot help but pity the poor fool. Had fate not taken my heirs away from me, then perhaps you and all of Rome could have been spared the burden of Emperor."

Dislikes: Debauchery, Excessiveness, Mark Antony

Talent: Politics and Administration

Natural Enemy: Mark Antony.

Class Skills:

Independent Action - D:

The ability to sustain oneself without a supply of magical energy from one's Master. At this rank, Archer can remain independently in the world for 18 hours. Archer himself was never lonely in life, having companions such as Agrippa and Maecenus and his wife Livia with him all though out his life. The low rank itself will barely hinder Archer should he be separated from his Master as through his Noble Phantasm, finding another potential Master will be easy.

Magic Resistance - C:

Cancels spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.

Personal Skills:

Divinity - B D:

While Archer did not wish to be proclaimed as a God during his time as Emperor, the Imperial Cults worshiped him as a God before and after his death. In the far east, where deification of one's ancestors was commonplace, Archer was proclaimed as divinity and actively worshiped. In Egypt, although never crowned as Pharaoh, the priests all worshiped Archer as their Pharoah for he was the most suitable candidate.

As the Roman Empire transitioned from Principate to Dominate, the title "Augustus" came to mean more than just a ruler with the consent of the Senate and People, but a divine ruler, granted providence by a God.

Imperial Privilege - EX:

The Greatest Emperor of Rome is absolute in power and authority. For Archer, relevant skills are Riding, Swordmanship, fine arts, Charisma, Military Tactics and countless more. Using this skill, Augustus can establish himself as a threat within combat.

Puppet Master - A:

The will, cunning, and ruthlessness needed to control Rome during it's civil war and it's formative years into an empire. It functions as a mental attack to everyone within his territory as a pressure to submit and a rank down in Luck and Endurance. Additionally, it's range can be extended beyond the territory through use of Augustan propaganda.

Golden Rule - A B:

The wealth of the First Emperor of Rome is truly incalculable, as well as the considerable public works projects, donations, games, and bribery he made.

"The sum expended on theatrical spectacles and gladiatorial games and athletes and hunts and mock naval battles and money given to colonies, cities, and towns destroyed by earthquake and fire or per man to friends and senators, whom he raised to the senate ranking: innumerable." - Excerpt from The Deeds of the Divine Augustus.

Noble Phantasms:

Sidus Iulius

The Star of Caesar:

Type: Support/Anti-Fortress

The Star of Caesar. The most famous comet of antiquity, used by Archer to hail the deification of the assassinated Caesar.

When invoked, the comet sails overhead and raises all parameters of Archer or an ally by rank one. But when he invokes the title, the comet will come crashing down on his foes with the force of a star.

Pax Romana

The Kingdom of Gold

Type: Anti-Hero

Archer's Greatest Noble Phantasm, an actualization of the authority Archer wielded as the greatest Emperor of Rome. A perpetual Reality Marble that integrates the wealth, glory, and control of Augustan Rome into the territory. Riches will flow into the territory and the Praetorian guard will be summoned, acting as both spies and bodyguards for their Emperor. At full power, the territory will be completely subsumed by Augustus's image of Rome. Humans and Servants without magic resistance will be under the authority of Augustus and can be commanded to carry out his will or suffer from being reduced to a tenth of their power. The full 28 legions of the Roman Empire will be at his beck and call.

Additionally, Archer can create temples, arenas, and bath houses at his whim for the enjoyment of himself and his Master.

Wow it's finally done. I could write a lot of how this changed from beginning to end but I'll just sum it up in a few bullet points.

- Inspiration came first at the creation of an evil Ruler voiced by Jun Fukuyama at the realization that there is no servant voiced by Jun Fukuyama. Then I changed it to Archer when I couldn't cram Augustus into the limitations of the Ruler Class, especially with the whole "Born before Christianity" thing. Yes, the only thing that qualifies him as Archer is that he can drop stars on his enemies. I am ashamed at contributing to the Archer meme.

- I originally wanted to emphasize the duality between ruthless and power hungry Octavian and calm and serene Augustus, but it just ended up swallowing too many aspects of his personality and too similar to Jekyll and Hyde. Maybe I'll make a like 3* Assassin Octavian someday.

- Rather than the theme being "Imperial Authority", the theme used to be "Stealing Power for oneself" and his NP used by called Octavius Ortus, to symbolize the Second Triumvirate's ruthless power grab and confiscation during the Great Fear of Rome. I scrapped it because it got too hard to balance gameplay wise since the concept was about "stealing allies buffs" for himself. But Waver and Merlin would make that wayyy to OP.

- I'm still unsure of Pax Romana. Sidus Iulius is completely fine to me but Pax Romana feels too much like a mish mash of Ionion Hetaroi and Ramysseum Tentrys. It's the only thing I'm not happy with how everything turned out.

- Each skill is supposed to represent how Augustus achieved his power. Divinity represents his connection to Caesar, and more importantly, his inheritance and legions. Puppet Master to show his propaganda war with Mark Antony and his widespread use of promoting his imagery afterwards. Virgil, Ovid, and Horace all thrived under Augustan rule and the Aenied is basically state propaganda commissioned by Augustus. Golden Rule to show the ridiculous amounts of money he threw around to earn the loyalty of the legions, the masses, and the senate. Imperial Privilege is there because it's basically the Emperor Skill and him having the highest rank possible seemed fitting for such a titanic Emperor figure in Western History.

- His parameters were going to be much weaker to emphasize his ability as a manipulator rather than a fighter, but there just came too many comparisons between other servants where it made no sense how strong they were and so he got a generous boost.
    Last edited by Harpe; June 24th, 2018 at 08:35 PM.

Blog Entries
    Octavius: Really cool for your first sheet. His first NP is hilariously over-ranked though (just A or A+ would be more than enough) and Anti-Hero seems like a rather peculiar classification for his second NP. I'm also surprised that his level of Independent Action is so low, since creating an entire empire through sheer force of will feels like the kind of thing that'd justify a high rank IMO, but I'll admit that's subjective as the criteria for Independent Action in canon aren't very well fleshed out. (I doubt it has to do with literally being alone though, or else Gil who went on almost all of his adventures with Enkidu by his side almost certainly wouldn't have had such a high rank)

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Okay, here's an attempt to give feedback that will probably be shit because I'm not precisely the king of critiques.

Caesar was the son of Venus and was deified after dying and has only D rank in Divinity. Also, according to Cleopatra's profile, Ptolemaic Pharaohs have shit-rank Divinity (she gets D rank despite being considered the incarnation of Isis). Considering this, and that Octavius wasn't an official Pharaoh, I say he shouldn't have B rank.

Gil-tier Golden Rule is too much as well. B rank is more than enough, seeing how this is the rank for Darius III, the king that could allow challenging Iskandar a bunch of times. Even if it's something important for Octavius in combat, so it is for Darius and Francis Drake, and they don't have it at A rank.

About the Noble Phantasms... Sidus Iulius was a perfect chance to make a symbolic anti-governor attack in my opinion. Again, the rank may be too high. For reference, Stella's is B++. Then again, Octavius doesn't die after using this NP.

For Pax Romana... I say this is wank. First of all, Reality Marbles outside the Caster class are ultra-rare, and moreso if you didn't know shit about magecraft. Hell, Iskandar can only pull his Reality Marble through the ultimate friendship power. Just popping Reality Marbles because "me rules lol" is no good. With the description you've written, saying it's something like Hanging Gardens of Babylon could have been OK.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, welcome

Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    Okay, here's an attempt to give feedback that will probably be shit because I'm not precisely the king of critiques.

Caesar was the son of Venus and was deified after dying and has only D rank in Divinity. Also, according to Cleopatra's profile, Ptolemaic Pharaohs have shit-rank Divinity (she gets D rank despite being considered the incarnation of Isis). Considering this, and that Octavius wasn't an official Pharaoh, I say he shouldn't have B rank.

Gil-tier Golden Rule is too much as well. B rank is more than enough, seeing how this is the rank for Darius III, the king that could allow challenging Iskandar a bunch of times. Even if it's something important for Octavius in combat, so it is for Darius and Francis Drake, and they don't have it at A rank.

About the Noble Phantasms... Sidus Iulius was a perfect chance to make a symbolic anti-governor attack in my opinion. Again, the rank may be too high. For reference, Stella's is B++. Then again, Octavius doesn't die after using this NP.

For Pax Romana... I say this is wank. First of all, Reality Marbles outside the Caster class are ultra-rare, and moreso if you didn't know shit about magecraft. Hell, Iskandar can only pull his Reality Marble through the ultimate friendship power. Just popping Reality Marbles because "me rules lol" is no good. With the description you've written, saying it's something like Hanging Gardens of Babylon could have been OK.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, welcome

I wasn't aware of the Ptolemaic Pharoah's shit divinity. I'll scratch that down to D rank, to fit it alongside Caesar. I chose a higher rank because of how much larger the Imperial Cults were for Augustus specifically and how his very title became symbolic of divine emperor. But I guess you could say the same for Caesar.

As for Golden Rule, I'm guessing A tier is specifically for cases where their ability to gather wealth goes beyond human means? It's just... holy shit were the Roman Emperors wealthy as fuck, Augustus in particular. They would basically own like half the GDP of the entire Roman Empire and then some and Augustus would still fund over 80 public works projects from his own pocket. Like, just go skim the Deeds of the Divine Augustus, half of it is just bragging about how much money he spent in service to the empire. I guess since he gained his wealth through good ol fashion conquering, it can't go higher than B. Edmond and Gil seem specifically to have like infinite wealth apparently.

I'm happy with Sidus Iulius as is, although I'm curious to hear more about an "anti-governor" attack. I'll reduce it A+ though.

And yeah, I'm just scrapping Pax Romana entirely and starting anew. Just reading it over is making me gag at pure wank. I don't want to give up on the concept, since in terms of legacy, the Pax Romana is one of, if not the biggest achievement Augustus made.
    Last edited by Harpe; June 24th, 2018 at 08:14 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpe View Post
    I'm happy with Sidus Iulius as is, although I'm curious to hear more about an "anti-governor" attack. I'll reduce it A+ though.
    There's Scheherazade's NP, for example, that deals more damage against "King" Servants. If you don't want to modify the NP too much, you can change its classification to Anti-King.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Cool first post Sheet. I don't have anything to address except what people above already mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpe View Post
    Well, this is something I've worked on and off for the past couple of months. I'd like to thank History Buffs, Overly Sarcastic Productions, and The History of Rome Podcast for being such entertaining and easily digestible sources of information.
    Oh hey, fellow podcasts! If you like History of Rome Podcast (and Revolution Podcast), try Extra History, it's really cool, fun and educative.

Blog Entries
    Oh hey, fellow podcasts! If you like History of Rome Podcast (and Revolution Podcast), try Extra History, it's really cool, fun and educative.
    Oh hey, I remember using that as a source of my Justinian and Belisarius sheets.