Page 13 of 858 FirstFirst ... 381112131415182363113513 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    I do like the Mystic Eyes you've given her, adds a lot of flavour and suits the faceclaim (nicely picked by the way) rather well. Keep it up with the African heroic spirits, we could always use more of those!
    It's funny, cause Storm is actually descended from the Rain Queens (along with a bunch of other shamans and sorcerers and whatnot), which contributes to her power and magic potential.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nice to see a Daedalus sheet. I think he only qualifies for Caster though, the murder was very in-your-face and not sneaky at all. For Escape Artist, it's basically just a renamed version of Disengage so you may as well call it that. Keep the minus though. The way you described Mental Pollution is almost identical to Kintoki's Mad Enhancement with short bursts of extreme rage, although I like the idea of having Mental Pollution, there is less basis for that than Mad Enhancement so use that instead.

For Icarean Wings, he has less of a connection with it than his son (on in your case, daughter) due to Icarus having more fame with them so i'd drop the rank by one. Scathach has Gae Bolg Alternative as identical but one step older but in your case, they are literally the same thing. So i'd drop it. Also the ability to make more of them if they break balances the drop out.

For Lavýrintho Tis Knosoú you should come up with something of how it is "the embodiment of the idea of an inescapable labyrinth" or something like that. Also the resistance to attacks of below A++ is a too high as it doesn't have any legend behind tough walls or anything. Siegfried and Heracles resist attacks below B rank ant they're still really hard to kill so reduce it to no higher than resisting B rank attacks as it still trumps lots of servants attack power.
    Thanks for the feedback. Regarding him as Assassin, I figure the two murders he arranged (of Perdix and Minos) should be enough to cover it, both of which were somewhat sneaky. Escape Artist is an original Skill I gave to Agustina de Aragon a while back so I wanted to tie that in. Fair enough regarding Icarean Wings. The idea was that he has the 'original' version of the legend but since its far more associated with Icarus then him, it stands that his wouldn't be as powerful. I'll lower it to C after putting this up.

Regarding Lavýrintho Tis Knosoú... The walls' durability is based on how the Labyrinth said to be 'inescapable' so, while the walls specifically were not said to be that tough in the legends, it stands to reason that it wouldn't be much of an 'inescapable Labyrinth' if you could simply break down the walls and get out. Once you're in, you can pretty much only escape by finding the designated exit. The idea being that you'd need an A++ tier attack like Excalibur to be able to actually destroy the Labyrinth outright, which given its level of mystery seems fair enough to me. I'll think of lowering that aspect to B rank though.

Regarding 'the embodiment of the idea of an inescapable Labyrinth' I think I covered that pretty well already. Not really sure what else I could add, in that regard.

- - - Updated - - -

Lowered Icarean Wings to C and added a note saying how, even though Daedalus's version is a rank down, it'd still win out in a direct clash since he's the original owner.

- - - Updated - - -

I think its kinda obvious that idea was one of the joke ideas Crying said.
    Just because it's a joke doesn't mean it isn't a good idea!

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code

True Name:
    Henry Ford
    Class: Caster
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Attribute: Star

Strength: E
    Endurance: E
    Agility: D
    Mana: C
    Luck: B
    Noble Phantasm: A

Class Skills:
    Item Construction: C
    Caster possesses skill as a machinist and at designing and assembling automobiles.

Territory Creation: A+
    Creation of a fully-equipped "Factory" becomes possible. Should enough mana and land be provided, more "Factories" may be established.

Personal Skills:
    Charisma: C
    In Caster's case, this skill represents his ability at commanding a company, rather than an army.

Innovation (Automobiles)​: A
    Being the cause of a massive revolution in land transportation, Caster's attacks and Noble Phantasm deal increased damage against any enemy using "primitive" land transporation. This includes mounts, chariots, carriages... basically anything that preceded the modern automobile.

Mass Production: EX
    The ability to find means to permit mass production of an item. Although the concept of mass production already existed for decades before the Ford Motor Company was founded, no one employed it so successfully and dedicated themselves so much to its development; nowadays, it is hard to think about mass production without the name "Ford" coming to mind.

Noble Phantasms
    The Ford Motor Company
    Legend of Industry
    - Support, Rank A+

Henry Ford was a pioneer of welfare capitalism. In order to attract the best workers in Detroit to his company, reduce turnover rates, increase productivity and turn his employees into consumers, he took measures such as more than doubling their minimum daily pay and reducing the workweek to 8 hours a day, five days a week. Although these measures primarily sought to improve profit, he is nonetheless remembered as a kind employer.

The Ford Motor Company manifests as humanoid familiar-like beings, which can be summoned and dismissed by Ford at will, but can only remain in the world for a total of 8 hours per day, and cannot be summoned on Saturdays and Sundays. Any amount of them can be active at a time, and maintaining them in the world is relative cheap. They are completely inept at combat, and any nearby violence will cause them to automatically disappear. They possesses a single function: working in a "Factory" established by Caster through Territory Creation, in order to produce his other Noble Phantasm.

Ford Model T
    For the Great Multitude
    - Anti-Unit, Anti-Army, Rank E

Although the first modern automobile was built by Karl Benz in 1885, they were more of a rare curiosity for the upper class, and remained so for over 20 years. This all changed in 1908, when Henry Ford introduced the Ford Model T, also known as Tin Lizzie. A car that was cheap and fast to make and repair, easy to drive and affordable to the middle class. This revolutionised America and the whole world, birthing a whole new industry and bringing several innovations to other industrial production, and reshaping modern society as a whole.

Caster is summoned without any Model T in his possession; rather, they must be crafted by his other Noble Phantasm. Depending on the amount of employees, and the size and number of "Factories" established, tens, hundreds, or even thousands of Tin Lizzies can be produced each day. Once a car has been finished, it disappears from the world, being stored away in some sort of "extradimensional storage". Ford can summon any number of Model Ts stored there in any sufficiently large unnoccupied space within a 1 km radius, including spaces that do not touch the ground; he may even "launch" these automobiles as projectiles. He can also "drive" Model Ts that are touching the ground remotely. The cars may be freely returned to the storage at any time, and brought to a Factory for repair, although those that are far too damaged will simply dissolve into prana.

The Tin Lizzie cannot be compared to a modern automobile, much less to the Noble Phantasms of heroes from the past. But it is there that lies its strength: while other Noble Phantasms make their wielders proud for their uniqueness, the Model T makes Ford proud because of how cheap, affordable and profitable it is, and how many of them can be made. What is a single holy sword, to be wielded by a single knight, compared to sixteen million cars that made the life of many more so much easier?

Lore
    Spoiler:
    The almost-mythical 20th century American businessmen who forever changed society in the world. Henry Ford developed and sold the first affordable, mass-produceable automobile, leading to a massive worldwide revolution in transportation.

Born and raised in a farm in Michigan, it was during his time working at the Edison Illuminating Company that he began experimenting with gasoline; these experiments would lead to his quest to develop an automobile that could be marketed to the average American, which was completed in 1908, with the introduction of the Ford Model T. The Ford Motor Company was soon known worldwide, and they held the position of largest automobile manufacturer in the world for decades.

His later life was plagued by constant strokes, and his mental health was debilitated. Ford died of a cerebral hemorrhage in 1947, at age 83.

As a meticulous engineer, businessman and industrialist, Ford always seeks the most efficient course of action. Yet he is not a cold man, but a friendly and caring figure. He is interested in science, and would certainly marvel at how far modern science has come. However, he is plagued with guilt born from the anti-semitic views he had and disseminated in life, which had an influence in Nazi Germany. Considering himself guilty, at least in part, of some of the atrocities commited during World War II, his wish for the Grail is to change his past self's views and beliefs.
    Last edited by Zork Knight; August 24th, 2016 at 11:18 PM.

Blog Entries
    I've seen a couple Henry Ford sheets around before, but this is by far the best. Well, the Kira FC may be biasing my judgement a tad, but still. (Kudos on that, BTW)

Territory Creation
    is kind of absurdly high ranked, though. Given what his Factories specialize in (creating cars) there's really no need for it to be any higher then A (assuming a 'Factory' is about the size of a large 'Temple'). Mass Production has a similarly extreme rank but that's a little more justified since fellow great inventor Edison had it at A+ and if anything Ford is more well-known then he is in some aspects.

Being able to summon 'workmen' as familiars is simple, but it works. I got a kick out of being only able to summon them for a regular work-week though. Even if they're spiritual familiars summoned from outside the bounds of time and space, one still has to heed proper worker's regulations, after all! Anything else would just be uncivil.

His second NP is basically "Gate Of Caralon" which is certainly fun to see. I imagine him just burying opponents under a barrage of cars (which isn't likely to actually kill most Servants, but would inconvenience and certainly piss them off). I wonder if they'd explode too, Hollywood style? In any case, it manages to be quite versatile without being OP, so good job.

By the way, I liked how you integrated Ford's RL Anti-semitism into an otherwise fairly positive take on him. That's definitely a blotch on Ford's character and I'd say you handled it fairly well for a brief profile, acknowledging it as a severe fault while still managing to present him as sympathetic. His wish, while rather mundane by Fate standards, is very human and understandable.

JP Friend Code
    I had it at such high rank because he is able to establish multiple factories, but I guess A+ would be enough?

No, they'd not explode. That'd be
    Ford Pinto
    Conflagrant Automobile
    - Anti-Driver, Anti-Passengers, Rank A
    Last edited by Zork Knight; August 24th, 2016 at 11:23 PM.

Blog Entries
    Thinking about something I just noticed, why is his familiar NP ranked so high and his car one so low? If anything it should be the opposite since the cars sound like his primary NP while the workers are just to help build them. I'd flip the two rankings around, personally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    I had it at such high rank because he is able to establish multiple factories, but I guess A+ would be enough?
    Yeah, A+++ is way too high. I didn't even give Daedalus such a high rank.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Thinking about something I just noticed, why is his familiar NP ranked so high and his car one so low? If anything it should be the opposite since the cars sound like his primary NP while the workers are just to help build them. I'd flip the two rankings around, personally.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, A+++ is way too high. I didn't even give Daedalus such a high rank.
    Personally, I'd give Daedalus Territory Creation EX and Item Construction EX (dem Noble Phantasms, yo).

The familairs are Rank A+ cause they're top-tier support. Tin Lizzie is Rank E because it deals barely more damage than being hit by an actual car.

The Model T makes me think of that GTAV mod that replaces your bullets with cars.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

SERVANT ARCHER
    Faceclaim (at his youth)

Faceclaim (later in life)

Alternate Classes:
    Ruler, Rider, Saber

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

STR: B
    END: C
    AGI: B
    MAG: D
    LUCK: B
    NP: A

Catalyst:
    The Crown he wore in life

Dislikes: Rebellions, Ruling

Talents: Leading men in battle

Natural Enemy:
    Henry VI, The Earl of Warwick

Class Skills:

Independent Action (A-):
    The ability to remain independent even when rejecting the Magical Energy supply from the Master. At the higher ranks, it is also possible to remain for extended periods of time in this world without an established contract. A free spirit by nature, Archer doesn't see the task of ruling a wartorn kingdom a likable undertaking, preferring to indulge in the debaucheries that the power of the king has to offer.

Magic Resistance (B):
    Grants protection from magical effects.

As a Rider
    Riding (B): The ability to ride animals and vehicles. However this does not apply to dragons or any other Magical Beast. In his youth, Archer has been a skilled warrior and general amongst his men, with riding a destrier being one of his talents.

Personal Skills:

Military Tactics (B+): The tactical knowledge used not for one-on-one combat situations, but for battles where many are mobilized. Bonus modifiers are provided during use of one's own Anti-Army Noble Phantasm or when dealing against an enemy Anti-Army Noble Phantasm. Archer was known as one of the greatest military leaders of his time, winning victories and seizing the throne of England not once, but twice.

Charisma (B): Suitable for a king of a country. Whatever his faults later in life, Archer has gained the rightful loyalty of the people and soldiers of England, due to his natural courage and tactical skill.

Noble Phantasm

• Thy Sunne in Splendour (Anti-Unit)(Self)(A): Prior to his first battle, an astronomical phenomena took place in dawn in the form of three suns rising in the sky. Convinced that the Trinity is on his side, Archer successfully persuaded his army to give battle with the promise of a great victory awaiting them. The resulting confrontation at Mortimer's Cross would lead Archer to adopt the phenomena as his personal emblem. The Phantasm is manifested through the eponymous Suns, whose radiance would increase Archer's stats either by either two times in nighttime, the normal hours of the Holy Grail War, five times in the daylight hours, and ten times in dawn, the original point of time of Archer's miracle.
    • Towton: The Bloody Meadow (Anti-Army)(B): One of Archer's greatest battles, and one of the bloodiest encounters in the history of Britain. It manifests first through a torrential hail of arrows fired from above, before an army made up not of Masterless Servants like most Anti-Army Phantasms, but rather of the specters of the countless nameless men who perished in the battle that would overwhelm the enemy Servant with their massive numbers.

Lore
    Edward IV, the Earl of March, is one of the most prominent figures of the War of the Roses, a conflict born from hostilities of the Houses of York and Lancaster, two branches of the then ruling House of Plantagenet. Known for his undeniable martial prowess and bravery, but also for a mind ruled by lust and carnal pleasures, he would both lead to the formation of a great dynasty through military successes, but also destroy it with his impulsivities and reckless abandon.

Edward’s father, Richard the Duke of York, had long-standing conflict with the weak-willed King Henry VI for both his disastrous management of the Hundred Years Wars in France and the rampant corruption in the English court. Opposing York was Margaret of Anjou, Henry VI’s formidable wife, whose gender does not prevent her from gathering a force to oppose the Duke. Taking matters into his own hands, York declares war against the royal court with the intention of declaring himself heir to the king. Despite earlier successes against the Queen’s armies at St. Albans, York was ultimately killed when he was tricked into attacking a superior Lancastrian force at Wakefield, his head later given a paper crown atop a pike.

It was at that time that Edward first came into the light of history. Only eighteen by the time of his father’s death and with nothing to lose, he decides to avenge York by making himself King of England. This he did through heroic victories against the Lancastrians at Mortimer’s Cross and Towton, seizing the throne in 1461 and crowning himself as Edward IV and imprisoning the pathetic Henry VI in the dreaded Tower of London.

Unfortunately, it was also during this time that he made the greatest mistake of his life. Although Edward was poised to marry the daughter of the King of France, he has been under an affair with Elizabeth Woodville, the alluring widow of one of his slain foes, whom he secretly married in 1464. This enraged Richard Neville, the Earl of Warwick, who was the Yorkist’s primary ally back when the Duke of York still lived and has since then served as the power behind Edward IV’s rise to the throne. The rift between the King and the Kingmaker led to a series of unrest and rebellion in which George Plantagenet, Edward’s estranged brother found s common cause with Warwick, culminated with the two siding with their erstwhile enemies, the Lancasters, that led to the overthrow of Edward IV and the restoration of Henry VI. It seems apparently that the Sun in Splendour has finally faded to dusk.

It was not to be, conflict soon erupted between England and the Duchy of Burgundy, giving Edward the perfect opportunity to return to his kingdom, which he did with the promise of taking back only his rightful title of Duke of York. Gathering a strong army and bringing his brother George back to fold (he would be executed later on charges of treason), he defeated and killed Warwick at the Battle of Barnet and shortly after crushed the invading forces of Margaret of Anjou in Tewkesbury and reclaiming his crown after having the weak-willed Henry VI put to death. He would rule for another twelve years, enjoying the pleasures of kingship before dying at the young age of 40. His lecherous behaviour however would bring dire consequences amidst the rumours that his son the Prince of Wales was a bastard from his many affairs.

At first glance, Archer seems to be nothing more than an indolent servant, content with making love and getting drunk rather that participating in any formalities of the Holy Grail War. When in battle however, he demonstrates another side in which his tactical brilliance and courage in the face of overwhelming odds would prove useful in the many encounters that make up the War of the Grail.

Here is my first servant for quite a while and yet another War of Roses servant. Some of you notice that my NP's are basically ripoffs of Henry V's Agincourt but with some changes of course.

Please feedback if necessary
    Last edited by Ramseph Boltstar; October 29th, 2016 at 06:56 AM.

Blog Entries
    I appreciate that you think my Agincourt NP was good enough to rip off, but honestly a lot of your Servants do seem rather 'samey' at this point in terms of NPs. I could've sworn another of your Servants had a 'rain of arrows followed by charging attack' that was almost identical to this guy's Towton, for instance. His first NP is more interesting, but on the other hand it's basically Gawain's Numeral Of The Saint as an NP.

I think you should maybe take a break from War Of The Roses Servants and try somebody else with a more distinct legendary background that'd give fertile ground for NPs. Maybe someone who wasn't the general of a big army for once. Your sheets are well-written, but I don't know how many of these you can keep doing before it gets stale.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Source (X)

Class: Lancer (Can also be summoned as Rider)
    True Name: Zhao Yun
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Place of Origin: China
    Attribute: Man
    Traits: Human, Dragon
    Armament: Armour, Spear

STR: C
    END: D
    AGI: A+
    MGI: C
    LCK: B
    NP: B

Height/Weight: 181cm/79kg
    Dislikes: Needles
    Talent: Right-Hand Man
    Natural Enemy: Guan Yu

Class Skills:
    Magic Resistance: B
    Grants protection against magical effects. Differently from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for them to be affected. Zhao Yun was said to be descended from a dragon and thus sports high resilience though not equal to the likes of an incarnation of a dragon.

Personal Skills:
    Bravery: A
    The ability to negate mental interference such as pressure, confusion and fascination. Not usable under the effects of Mad Enhancement.

Chinese Martial Arts: A+

A Chinese rationality. A value that measures one's mastery of the martial arts that made becoming one with the universe as its objective. Its difficulty to learn is of the highest level and, unlike other Skills, it is at A Rank that one is at a level where he is said to have finally "learned it".

Disengage: B
    The ability to break away from combat. Bonus effect of returning battle conditions to what they were at the beginning of the match.

Horde Breaker: C
    The ability to fight against large numbers of foes. All parameters gain a '+' modifier when battling against multiple opponents without any support from allies.

Riding: B
    The ability to ride mounts. Most vehicles can be handled with above average skill. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasm Races such as Monstrous Beasts.

Noble Phantasm

[
    Gaikakusou
    Shore's Edge Surpassing the War God

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 200
    Max Targets: 250 People

The Noble Phantasm of Zhao Yun in the lancer class. A legendary spear mentioned Sanguozhi Pinghua, one of the earliest versions of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms and said to be unmatched by any weapon in its era. It is the more powerful sibling weapon of Guan Yu's Crescent Moon blade and a divine construct. Zhao Yun was never able to unlock the true power of the spear however, thus reducing its effective power dramatically to an effective 'B' rank.

Although just appearing to be a Noble Phantasm that just deals a lot of damage its secret nature is that like Guan Yu's fabled weapon it is made from a dragon - in his case a yellow dragon granting this spear the power to harness the storm. Upon evoking the true name of the Noble Phantasm, lightning will be generated a from the tip and flow throughout the body of the weapon alongside high-speed winds that can be used offensively and defensively almost akin to Invisible Air.

He prefers to use if in an Anti-Unit form and use it as a melee weapon. By swinging the spear, he can unleash an arc of lightning embed mana to blast away his enemies in an Anti-Army classified attack. He can also throw the spear and cause a large explosion of lightning elemental mana.

It is possible for him to temporarily use its full power, but it requires a command seal to ignite the process.

Lore

Zhao Yun was one of the Five Tiger General's of the Shu Kingdom.

Originally a subordinate of the northern warlord Gongsun Zan, Zhao Yun later came to serve Liu Bei as one of his fiercest warriors and closest friends. He became his right-hand man and served his master and friend across many battles. He was so beloved by Liu Bei that during one notable battle when he made a selfless charge against an army at Chang Ban to retrive his master's infant son, Liu Bei threw his child to the ground, the warlord enraged that he could have lost one of his most prized generals. Zhou Yun's loyalty inspired the man to say: "Brothers are as hands and feet; wives and children are as clothing. You may mend your torn dress, but who can reattach a lost limb?"

Zhao Yun was courageous in all matters at hand - not just combat. He was ordered by Liu Bei to monitor his wife Sun Shangxiang to stop her wreaking unrelenting havoc. He was the only one of the Five Tiger Generals to not be terrified of the woman - including her husband. He outlived all of his allies and was the only officer to die of old age with all others dying in battle, assassination or stress. He served Liu Shan after his masters death and saw the baby become Emperor. Even at old age he was unequalled; killing three generals and rendering an army of eighty thousand scared just to prove to his Emperor that he wasn't too old to work.

Personality
    Despite being subservient in nature, he is not afraid of voicing his own opinion. In life he was the only one to openly protest seeking revenge for Guan Yu's death but his pleas fell on deaf ears however he will continue with the command regardless unless it is outrageously evil in nature. A superb subordinate, he will work in conjuncture with his master flawlessly. Described as just, virtuous and with peerless strength. While hot blooded and prone to charging headlong into the front lines against overwhelming forces, he is very polite and reserved in speech.

He doesn't have a wish per-se but would like to serve a kind and noble master.

Tactics

Zhao Yun is a straight forward combatant, preferring an honourable one-on-one confrontation. His loyalty will allow him to follow basically any order his master wishes but will complain if otherwise. Best have a mostly honourable fight without him knowing of any fowl play you have committed, you won't hear the end of it otherwise.

Notes:

His noble phantasm was hard to come up with so i dug up some old material and he had a named spear said to be the greatest in the land, with Guan Yu having a legendary dragon slaying spear so I based it off of that - he's depicted having a spear in most media as well. I based the origin of the spear around the fabled Crescent Moon Blade as its sibling like how Excalibur had Excalibur Galatine and Arondight as foils it it.
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; December 17th, 2016 at 06:49 AM.

Blog Entries
    Nice to see another Romance Of Three Kingdoms Servant around here, especially since I've done a few myself recently. He seems pretty well-rounded. I think maybe his physical stats could stand to be somewhat higher, what with being a very powerful warrior and the whole 'right hand of Liu Bei' thing (Liu Bei himself I gave STR- C, AGI- A and END- B).

His spear was pretty much just mentioned by name without any special attributes but you certainly managed to give an interesting take on it. Since it was described as the greatest of its era some kind of draconic or divine origin makes sense, and having it be a 'sibling' to the more famous Crescent Blade was quite clever.

Wonder how he'd get along with my own Romance Servants (Zhang Fei, Lady Sun and Liu Bei)?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    One of the myths behind him is he never bled in battle but when his wife pricked him with a needle he bled to death, I'll go and increase Agility though. As for how he'd get along?

Zhang Fei: They're old buddies and Zhao Yun would get along with him (or in your case, her) rather well, if it was a fight, Zhao Yun would win as whenever they fought in life, Zhao Yun won every single time.

Lady Sun: He was the only one of the generals not scared of her and had to play babysitter. He'd probably enjoy the ability to have a proper fight with her due to the personality clash and not being bound by oath.

Liu Bei: Depends on who he'd remain loyal to, his new master or old. Could go either way.

Blog Entries
    One of the myths behind him is he never bled in battle but when his wife pricked him with a needle he bled to death, I'll go and increase Agility though.
    I'd heard of that myth, but never remembered who it was about. Since never getting a scar in battle sounds like a pretty significant feat I'm surprised it isn't referenced in his sheet in some way (other then his dislike of needles, which makes a lot more sense now), as an NP maybe or at least a Skill of some kind. You could have it as some kind of super-defense that most attacks can't break through*, but if one actually does then his Mana will leak out from the slightest wound at an incredibly rapid pace.

*Maybe only active in battle, to suit the legend that he got pricked in a domestic setting when he would've let his guard down.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, it sounds like his relationship with Liu Bei would be the potentially most interesting.

Basically good loyalists who begin to find out that their liege isn't as benevolent or just as they thought always makes for a compelling conflict...

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Agravain had a similar deal of never receiving a wound but then again we don't know to much about his capabilities aside from that one thing he did in Camelot. I just gave him high skill in Chinese Martial Arts and massive agility to make him really hard to actually hit.

He knows about Liu Bei's 'problem' so to speak, the dude slam dunking his own son in front of Zhao Yun (who basically fought an entire army and killed 50 guys with a baby strapped to him to save the damn kid) didn't exactly leave the best impression...

Blog Entries
    Agravain had a similar deal of never receiving a wound but then again we don't know to much about his capabilities aside from that one thing he did in Camelot. I just gave him high skill in Chinese Martial Arts and massive agility to make him really hard to actually hit.

He knows about Liu Bei's 'problem' so to speak, the dude slam dunking his own son in front of Zhao Yun (who basically fought an entire army and killed 50 guys with a baby strapped to him to save the damn kid) didn't exactly leave the best impression...
    Yeah, that's fair enough. He doesn't really need a second NP by any means, I was making the suggestion in case you felt like picking up on it. Also, is the Agravain taking no wounds thing actually from Arthurian mythology or just something Nasu made up to make him seem cooler?

Regarding Liu Bei... yeah when I read that part of his lore I had to do a double take and was like "Woah dude, that is not okay". Taking 'bros before hoes' a little too far there, buddy. To be fair, newborns are surprisingly durable (moreso then adults so I've heard*) so the kid could've been mostly unharmed, though it's still a totally dickish thing to do obviously.

*Don't test this out at home. Or anywhere, really.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Babies are not durable. At all. They are small, soft, fragile and basically have a self-destruct button on their head in the form of a soft spot. Liu Bei's kid was fortunate he didn't die but many suspect he got brain damage from the incident.

Blog Entries
    Servant Archer:

True Name: Marco Polo 'Ever-Curious Merchant'

Alignment
    : Lawful Neutral

Alternate Class: Rider

Strength- D
    Agility- C+
    Endurance- B
    Mana- E
    Luck- B+
    NP- C

Equipment: A recurve composite wooden bow in the Mongol style, gifted to Archer by her patron Kublai Khan. Incomparably superior to everything seen in the West from that era, only the invention of breach-loading firearms managed to decisively surpass it as a projectile weapon. As a Heroic Spirit, Archer is capable of firing arrows with great range and firepower comparable to a modern hunting rifle.

Appearance:

Personality: An intrepid, inquisitive and mercenerial girl. Adventurous and wide-eyed, yet also shrewd and business-like, seeking a potential profit out of anything. She has a boastful character, being prone to exaggerate and dramatize her achievements and her role in various historical events. This makes her a natural fit for a storyteller, whose tales of the East enraptured people even as they provoked doubt.

Being a little proud and haughty, Archer thinks of herself as an enlightened person of the West who braves the 'wild, savage and fantastical' lands of the Orient. Despite this trait, she actually holds deep respect for the Mongol and Chinese cultures, particularly her patron Kublai Khan whom she regards as a noble and just ruler. She views being summoned in the modern day as an explorer's dream and is eager to witness and document the various wonders of this era.

Not particularly caring about a wish, but if she did have one, it'd likely be to extend her travels through all sorts of times and places from across history.

Dislikes: her tales not being believed
    Talent: dramatization
    Natural Enemy: Kublai Khan, Khutulun

Class Skills:

Independant Action (A)- Ability to remain in existence without Mana from one's Master. At this rank, Archer can last indefinitely without active contract, though backup from the Master is necessary for unleashing Noble Phantasms of great magical energy. By far one of the most famous travellers and explorers of her era, Archer is afforded a truly high rank.

Magic Resistance (D+)- Negates Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance equivalent in degree to an amulet rejecting magical energy. Born well after the Age of Gods and unfamiliar with most magic, Archer's rank is low. Is more effective against the Magecraft of the Meditarranean, which Archer had greater familiarity with due to her travels.

Personal Skills:

Librarian Of Stored Knowledge (C)- Allows for clear recall of knowledge from memory, even if it had not been consciously acknowledged at the time. Archer showed an extraordinary memory in being able to recount all the things she'd witnessed from her time in central Asia and China. Upon her deathbed, she was said to have proclaimed- "I have not written even half of the things I've seen."

Pioneer Of The Stars (B)- The unique Skill given to heroes that became turning points in the human history. Difficult voyages and challenges which are considered "impossible" turn into "events that can be realized". Having been one of the first Europeans to travel to the far east and document its wonders, even aquiring favor with the great Khan himself, Archer has a high rank in this Skill.

Item Construction (False) (C+)- Ability to craft items. Unlike the analogous talent of the Caster Class, these items are merely technological rather then magical in nature. The only things Archer can construct are catapults. These contraptions are markedly inferior to her primary Noble Phantasm, but still quite powerful.

Marco Polo (A)- A Skill based on Archer's namesake water sport. Though any ties with the adventurer herself appear dubious at best, their association is enough to grant her this Skill. Archer is given an incredibly honed acoustic sense, able to track and locate targets and objects by their distinctive sounds at up to one mile's range. The effect of this Skill is similar to "Instinct" allowing her to fight and react effectively without the use of vision. It also makes her an undefeated champion at her namesake game.

Noble Phantasms
    :

Siege Of Xiangyang- Catapult Of The Great Khan (D+, Anti-Fortress): A Noble Phantasm representing Archer's (alleged) invention of the specialized catapult to aid the Mongols in battling their rivals, the fiercesome Song dynasty in the South. With the aid of Archer's marvelous invention, the Mongols managed to break through their rivals fortresses to sieze victory.

Upon invoking this Noble Phantasm's name, Archer's bow folds out to become a single-man catapult mounted on her arm akin to an oversized crossbow. In this form, it fires not arrows but spheres of condensed Mana supplied by the catapult itself. Shots from this 'catapult' pack an incredible amount of destructive force, easily capable of plowing through and destroying fortifications in one go.

An [Anti-Fortress] Noble Phantasm ideal for sieging purposes. Against individual enemies its shots are obviously also quite powerful, shattering armor and sending targets flying in a single hit. However, as it is has little Mystery, it will not be able to break through most magically endowed defenses.

...As a matter of fact, Archer herself never actually built these catapults, which were created by three Persian engineers before she ever even began to embark on her journey. However, something as mundane as 'facts' hardly stops Archer from claiming it as her own. Heedlessly appropriating from others... that bothersome personality of hers has let Archer utilize this invention as her Noble Phantasm regardless of actual truth.

Another name for it would be- "Original weapon, do not steal."

Rustichello- The Well-Travelled Blade (C, Anti-Unit): A Noble Phantasm representing the knowledge and experience Archer accumulated on her travels across the East. Great cities, baffling customs, monstrous animals and undreamt of wonders awaited her on her journeys along the illustrious Silk Road.

It takes the form of a long, old and dusty falchion sword, marks of use clearly showing all along its chipped blade and pommel. This blade acts as a conduit for the knowledge of Marco Polo on her travels, recording everything about the styles of the foes it clashed against. Every single technique Archer experienced throughout her travels is 'archived' upon this Noble Phantasm for her to peruse at will.

It functions as a psuedo-Eye Of The Mind, allowing Archer to instantly comprehend and find weaknesses in her opponent's stances and fighting styles. However, it only works on abilities and styles with a basis in the part of the world she travelled. While Archer can draw analogies between new ones and what she has seen, it will have no effectiveness in dealing with a completely foreign technique such as Gae Bolg.

Incidentally, this Noble Phantasm is named in honor of Archer's friend and co-author, the Italian romance author Rustichello da Pisa.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I haven't seen a Marco Polo (the gender swap from you was expected) sheet before. I'll do most of the commentary in a little bit when I'm not so tired but I have a few things.

I'm supprised there was no reference made to the water sport named after him (or on your case, her) unless you're planning on doing a summer version like the Grand Order event on right now.

Also if a Noble Phantasm only serves to grant a single skill (Eye of the Mind), would it not be better to grant the skill as normal?

Blog Entries
    I haven't seen a Marco Polo (the gender swap from you was expected) sheet before. I'll do most of the commentary in a little bit when I'm not so tired but I have a few things.

I'm supprised there was no reference made to the water sport named after him (or on your case, her) unless you're planning on doing a summer version like the Grand Order event on right now.

Also if a Noble Phantasm only serves to grant a single skill (Eye of the Mind), would it not be better to grant the skill as normal?
    Thanks for your preliminary feedback, Hermes. Looking forward to the real deal tomorrow.

I admit I actually wasn't thinking of the water sport at all when making this sheet. Though it's kind of a little bit too goofy to include as an NP (even for me), particularly since its relation to the actual adventurer seems rather dubious. Having a "Summer" version of her ala Grand Order is actually a hilarious idea. Pity there's no fanart of Cisqua in swimwear, though... (or more fanart of her in general, really. She was by far by the best character in Elemental Gelade)

Rustichello doesn't literally grant EOTM, that's more of a convenient point of comparison. The idea is that the sword contains an 'archive' of all the techniques and fighting styles she's seen in life, which she can access to grant a similar result as to that Skill, but the means involved are quite different. Also EOTM wouldn't be limited to the regions she travelled through.

Also I'm glad my reputation has reached the point where any genderbends from me qualify as 'expected'. My goal to ascend to the Throne of Heroes as patron saint of genderbending is close in the horizon...!! *laughs evilly in my best Darius Ainsworth impression*

- - - Updated - - -

Just realized that, though I listed Polo as having Independent Action at rank A, the description I gave was for rank B instead. I also forgot to correct her gender in its description. Twice.

In any case, corrected.