Page 363 of 390 FirstFirst ... 263313353358361362363364365368373 ... LastLast
Results 7,241 to 7,260 of 7792

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

  1. #7241
    三十四 Thirty Four ThirtyFour34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    34th Island
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    240
    Blog Entries
    1
    1. Right, maybe i should just remove it and increase his END instead.
    2. Yeah, i've just added more description to it.

  2. #7242
    lordofvenom venomking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    somewhere on some continent, in some random city of some merit.
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    596
    So I'm making a berserker Ajax, and I'm glueing him three Phantasms the sword of hector, rio auis, the spear of Ajax.
    The sword of hector is only noted as being really sharp blade, so maybe a notably sharp phantasm that increases its sharp ness per every failed strike and the abilty would be perfect for a berserker, rio auis is kinda already known what it does. And his spear I thought it would have power equal to his physical strength, essentailly say a servant has A rank strength then the phanstm becomes an A rank phanatsm. I'm only posting this to make sure that these phanatsms are ok for this sheet, or if I should change something about the Phantasms or take away one of the Phantasms.

  3. #7243
    Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,670
    Blog Entries
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by venomking View Post
    So I'm making a berserker Ajax, and I'm glueing him three Phantasms the sword of hector, rio auis, the spear of Ajax.
    The sword of hector is only noted as being really sharp blade, so maybe a notably sharp phantasm that increases its sharp ness per every failed strike and the abilty would be perfect for a berserker, rio auis is kinda already known what it does. And his spear I thought it would have power equal to his physical strength, essentailly say a servant has A rank strength then the phanstm becomes an A rank phanatsm.
    And you're telling us now instead of just posting it when it's ready because...?

    I understand if you were asking advice but you seem like you know what you're doing here. So get writing.

  4. #7244
    lordofvenom venomking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    somewhere on some continent, in some random city of some merit.
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    596
    Check edit.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I'm just not sure about the Phantasms, primary the sword of hector, and want make them make more sense for a berserker to use.

  5. #7245
    The thing about Berserkers is that they're supposed to be crazy. Meaning they probably don't have the mental strength to use three complex NPs, unless you're giving him Mad Enhancement EX for whatever reason.
    Durindana already has a "sword" version you can use. If you really want two NPs I'd go for the spear and the sword or something about his fighting Hector for an entire day while jumping on ships.

  6. #7246
    lordofvenom venomking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    somewhere on some continent, in some random city of some merit.
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    596
    Actully he decided not to use durindana in mythology in case he lost so it wouldn't fall in enemy hands, I don't know how it is the nasu verse, but thx for the suggestion.

  7. #7247
    屍食鬼 Ghoul Aridwolverine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    34
    US Friend Code
    790,460,923
    Blog Entries
    1
    Stage 1-3


    Stage 4

    - Caster -
    Grimm

    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Alias: King of Fairy Tales
    Origin: Germany

    Parameters

    Strength: (E)
    Endurance: (E)
    Agility: (E)
    Mana: (EX)
    Luck: (D)
    NP: (EX)

    Gender: Male
    Likes: Fairy Tales, Legends, Folklore, Mythology, Philology, Germany, Editing and Adapting Stories
    Dislikes: Poverty, Illness
    Talents: Turning Stories into Timeless Masterpieces
    Attribute: Man
    Catalyst: The original Kinder- und Hausmärchen, Deutsche Sagen, or Deutsches Wörterbuch

    Skills
    Class Skills

    Territory Creation: (C)
    A skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus, such as for the purpose of collecting mana. He does not make a Workshop but rather a ‘Library’ containing a large collection of books.

    Item Creation: (-)
    This skill is lost in favor of his Noble Phantasm.

    Personal Skills

    Discernment of the Poor: (B)
    Insight to see through the opponent’s character and attribute. Caster is not so easily deceived by excuses and deceptions of words. He is likely to grasp the true nature and motive of others in a confrontation. Facing extreme poverty several times, assuming adult responsibilities after his father’s death at age 11, he faced great misfortune. Despite that, Caster pulled through more determined than ever, and learned greatly of life and the value of the weak.

    In a letter written to his aunt at this time, Wilhelm wrote of their circumstances, "We five people eat only three portions and only once a day".

    Eye for Art (Literary): (B+)
    Infatuation to the literary arts. Interested in history and philology, Caster started off studying German medieval literature. From then on, he continued his pursuit of knowledge, reading all sorts of books from legends to folk tales. Should he see a Noble Phantasm possessing literary anecdotes, there is a high chance that he might be able to figure out its true name. In the case that the Noble Phantasm is related to Fairy Tales or German Legends, Caster will undoubtedly determine its true name.

    Librarian of Stored Knowledge: (A)
    Clear recollection of knowledge from memory after a successful Luck roll is possible, even if the information perceived in the past was not consciously acknowledged at the time. At this rank, achieved through having over 200 tales and about 600 legends stored in his mind, Caster can be said to have a perfect memory.

    Hybrid: (EX)
    Denotes one’s condition of being a mixture of two different species. Original Caster was not one but two people; the Brothers Grimm. Jacob Grimm and Wilhelm Grimm always stood with each other from the very beginning, facing whatever hardships that stood on their path, making history. Normally, this would result in the creation of a dual servant. However, in the case of the inseparable Brothers Grimm, their roles became so indistinguishable, that it’s as if they acted as one person. As such, Caster becomes a Hybrid of the two brothers, sharing one mind, one body.


    Noble Phantasm

    Kinder- und Hausmärchen * Deutsche Sagen
    A Book of Aspiration for All
    Type: Anti-Unit
    Rank: EX
    Range: 0
    Maximum Targets: 1 person

    The manuscript of Caster, containing the contents of both Kinder- und Hausmärchen (Children’s hand Household Tales) and Deutsche Sagen (German Legends). It is a Reality Marble comprised of magical fairy tales and legends of heroism. The fame and importance of these tales are such that they inspire and move its readers. It teaches the values and morals many follow today through wondrous stories of imagination, changing the perception of how people view the World. Transcending beyond mere fiction, it has become a core part of humanity and the World, materializing into reality.

    The summoning of characters, tools, spirits, and so forth from Fairy Tales and German Legends are possible. The Big Bad Wolf from “Little Red Riding Hood”, the magic mirror and poisoned apple from “Snow White”, the fairy from “Sleeping Beauty”, and the wish-granting imp from “Rumpelstiltskin” are examples of what can be produced. On the Legend side, for an example, Caster can conjure the [Armor of Fafnir] from “Nibelungenlied” and even weapons such as [Gram] and [Excalibur].

    Nevertheless, it should be known that even though Caster is considered to be one of the Three Great Writers, he doesn’t produce his own literary works. He is only an editor and collector that compiles folklore and legend. That reflects into his Noble Phantasm. The true purpose of this Noble Phantasm is not to write or tell stories, but to collect and refine, expanding his collection, turning them into timeless masterpieces. After hearing, seeing, or researching a folk story, Caster can take the opportunity to write and modify it, improving and adding it into his ever-expanding collection. Depending on the story, it could take serval minutes to several hours, to write all the changes down. In a way, the diversity and quality of the stories is a reason why it’s such an aspiration to many, inspiring its readers to strive to become better people, and making the World a better place even if ever so slightly.



    Lore
    One of the Tree Great Authors, Brothers Grimm; Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm were German academics, philologists, cultural researchers, lexicographers and authors who together collected and published folklore during the 19th century. They were among the best-known storytellers of fairy tales, popularizing stories such as “Cinderella” and “The Frog Prince” to “Sleeping Beauty” and “Snow White”.

    The brothers spent their formative years in the German town of Hanau. Their father's death in 1796 impoverished the family and affected the brothers for many years after. They attended the University of Marburg where they developed a curiosity about German folklore, which grew into a lifelong dedication to collecting German folk tales. The rise of Romanticism during the 19th century revived interest in traditional folk stories, which to the brothers represented a pure form of national literature and culture. With the goal of researching a scholarly treatise on folk tales, they established a methodology for collecting and recording folk stories that became the basis for folklore studies. Between 1812 and 1857, their first collection was revised and republished many times, growing from 86 stories to more than 200. In addition to writing and modifying folk tales, the brothers wrote collections of well-respected German and Scandinavian mythologies, and in 1838 they began writing a definitive German dictionary (Deutsches Wörterbuch), which they were unable to finish during their lifetimes.

    Many of the Grimms' folk tales have enjoyed enduring popularity. The tales are available in more than 100 languages and have been adapted by filmmakers including Lotte Reiniger and Walt Disney, with films such as Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and Sleeping Beauty. During the 1930s and 40s, the tales were used as propaganda by the Third Reich; declaring every household to own their own copy of Kinder- und Hausmärchen. Later in the 20th century psychologists such as Bruno Bettelheim reaffirmed the value of the work, in spite of the cruelty and violence in original versions of some of the tales, which the Grimms eventually sanitized.
    Last edited by Aridwolverine; August 17th, 2017 at 06:24 PM.

  8. #7248
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six RoydGolden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Pure Illusion
    Age
    49
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,288
    Grimm: Wow, way to make my own Brothers Grimm sheet look kind of lame in comparison. Seriously though, this is a really good sheet. His NP is a fairly simple "summons stuff from his literary works" idea but the reference to him taking other stories and refining them into NPs definitely helped flesh it out. I'm actually kind of curious as to how he'd get along with other storyteller Servants from canon, like Scheherazade or Andersen.

  9. #7249
    屍食鬼 Ghoul Aridwolverine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    34
    US Friend Code
    790,460,923
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Grimm: Wow, way to make my own Brothers Grimm sheet look kind of lame in comparison. Seriously though, this is a really good sheet. His NP is a fairly simple "summons stuff from his literary works" idea but the reference to him taking other stories and refining them into NPs definitely helped flesh it out. I'm actually kind of curious as to how he'd get along with other storyteller Servants from canon, like Scheherazade or Andersen.
    Thanks for the feedback!

    Anyways, Grimm would respect them to the point of fanboying over Scheherazade and Anderson. Though he would try hide it...well some of it. Although Grimm appears to be a well-mannered sophisticated gentleman, he is actually a child at heart. He is obsessed over stories, partly because he never had much of a childhood, since he had to take care and support his family at the age of 11. Ignoring the two's personalities, Grimm would practically beg them to tell him their stories...in a sophisticated manner of course. In a way, due to his Noble Phantasm, it could be interpreted that Grimm has an ulterior motive, wanting to know their stories so he can add them to his collection. But in reality, that's not true. He only does so out of passion and respect of the source material. Wanting the whole world to acknowledge and learn from the tales.

  10. #7250
    ジュカイン Lycodrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    27,546
    Blog Entries
    24
    Your Grimm is really well done. Congrats!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.

  11. #7251
    It's All Good! 87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    678
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridwolverine View Post
    Hybrid: (EX)
    Denotes one’s condition of being a mixture of two different species. Original Caster was not one but two people; the Brothers Grimm. Jacob Grimm and Wilhelm Grimm always stood with each other from the very beginning, facing whatever hardships that stood on their path, making history. Normally, this would result in the creation of a dual servant. However, in the case of the inseparable Brothers Grimm, their roles became so indistinguishable, that it’s as if they acted as one person. As such, Caster becomes a Hybrid of the two brothers, sharing one mind, one body.[/SPOILER]
    Even disregarding the rest of the (good) sheet, this is really really clever and cool. Creative, interesting stuff like this always makes me smile when I read these, and I think I should stop and note that. I really like this design choice, and the justification is very well written.

  12. #7252
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six RoydGolden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Pure Illusion
    Age
    49
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridwolverine View Post
    Thanks for the feedback!

    Anyways, Grimm would respect them to the point of fanboying over Scheherazade and Anderson. Though he would try hide it...well some of it. Although Grimm appears to be a well-mannered sophisticated gentleman, he is actually a child at heart. He is obsessed over stories, partly because he never had much of a childhood, since he had to take care and support his family at the age of 11. Ignoring the two's personalities, Grimm would practically beg them to tell him their stories...in a sophisticated manner of course. In a way, due to his Noble Phantasm, it could be interpreted that Grimm has an ulterior motive, wanting to know their stories so he can add them to his collection. But in reality, that's not true. He only does so out of passion and respect of the source material. Wanting the whole world to acknowledge and learn from the tales.
    By the way, I didn't even notice to begin with but when looking back over your Grimm sheet I just realized you included a reference to my Rumpelstiltskin Servant in his NP description.

    I appreciate you liked my sheet enough to do that (particularly since I'd kind of forgotten about it).

  13. #7253
    三十四 Thirty Four ThirtyFour34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    34th Island
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    240
    Blog Entries
    1
    I think I just found the perfect NP for my Soekarno sheet...

    I hope I can finish this shit today... (17 August, Indonesian Independence Day)

  14. #7254
    Totally not Eldritch WhatShouldNotBe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    RLYEH
    Posts
    478
    Grimm and Gilgamesh fight when?

  15. #7255
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six RoydGolden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Pure Illusion
    Age
    49
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,288
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatShouldNotBe View Post
    Grimm and Gilgamesh fight when?
    Why Gil in particular? Because they both have NPs that summon stuff?

  16. #7256
    三十四 Thirty Four ThirtyFour34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    34th Island
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    240
    Blog Entries
    1
    I think Grimm's NPs is still limited compared to Gil's

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also, is it possible that Gil would also have Grimm's NP or something similar in his GoB?

  17. #7257
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six RoydGolden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Pure Illusion
    Age
    49
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,288
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyFour34 View Post
    Also, is it possible that Gil would also have Grimm's NP or something similar in his GoB?
    In before Gil turns out to have the Epic of Gilgamesh itself stored in there. Cue meta recursion. *shot*

  18. #7258
    三十四 Thirty Four ThirtyFour34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    34th Island
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    240
    Blog Entries
    1
    GoB in itself is a paradox

  19. #7259
    屍食鬼 Ghoul Aridwolverine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    34
    US Friend Code
    790,460,923
    Blog Entries
    1
    Wow, I actually never thought of Grimm fighting Gilgamesh before.

    And Gilgamesh wouldn't have Grimm's NP...well not all of it. I mean, 3/4 of it uses German Legends, so any item from that Gil would probably have. The other 1/4 are from Fairy Tales, so he wouldn't have those. Keep in mind though that Grimm isn't limited to just items. He could summon the characters too, which would probably give him an advantage over Gil.

  20. #7260
    三十四 Thirty Four ThirtyFour34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    34th Island
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    240
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridwolverine View Post
    Wow, I actually never thought of Grimm fighting Gilgamesh before.

    And Gilgamesh wouldn't have Grimm's NP...well not all of it. I mean, 3/4 of it uses German Legends, so any item from that Gil would probably have. The other 1/4 are from Fairy Tales, so he wouldn't have those. Keep in mind though that Grimm isn't limited to just items. He could summon the characters too, which would probably give him an advantage over Gil.
    Still a Reality Marble tho. The question is whether or not Gil would pull Ea...

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •