Page 665 of 858 FirstFirst ... 165565615655660663664665666667670675715765 ... LastLast
Results 13,281 to 13,300 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    robot with more emotion than human

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Asi: Cool idea, but his personality is incredibly boring. I get that it makes sense since he's a living weapon and all, but you could've still had him a develop a bit more of a personality beyond just wanting to eradicate evil. Especially given how much TM loves narratives of automatons learning how to be human... Also, I feel that Single-Mindedness might fit better than Mad Enhancement in Asi's case.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Even if he is bland, it makes an unfortunate amount of sense. Besides, automata learning to be human is getting a bit overdone. Sure, those can be great plots, but...
    Honestly, this. The automata that wants to be human was cool the first couple of times, but it gets boring if suddenly every remotely robotic character goes with the same stuff. It's like what happens with Berserkers that can talk and think properly. I miss the good ol' times when you heard "Berserker" and imagined a rampaging machine of pure anger and high parameters.

About Single-Mindedness, I see it more as a skill for geniuses. I mean, the only ones to have it in canon are Babbage and Edison.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    This one I actually know so I can help out, it's https://twitter.com/pvc_parfait?lang=en

As for Asi, he does seem a little...bland. I appreciate the inclusion of Mana Burst like all Indian Servants have, but I think he might have really benefited from some unique skills.
    Thanks for the sauce, Bugs. On second thought, I do need to make a better skillset for him. I thought at the beginning to include a version of Synthetic Limbs because he's a sword, but considering my other "we-are-the-sword" Sabers don't have it, I discarded it. Then again, Asi did become a sword during his life. By the way, Rama and Parvati don't have Mana Burst
    Last edited by King of Padoru; September 19th, 2018 at 01:18 PM.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    "Berserker that can't speak have no character" - GO redditors

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ah, yes. I remember how bland Heracles was, wanting to protect Illya so much he fulfilled a 13th task and got an extra life

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    actually the night before he did some green shrooms from the forest
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    Honestly, this. The automata that wants to be human was cool the first couple of times, but it gets boring if suddenly every remotely robotic character goes with the same stuff. It's like what happens with Berserkers that can talk and think properly. I miss the good ol' times when you heard "Berserker" and imagined a rampaging machine of pure anger and high parameters.

About Single-Mindedness, I see it more as a skill for geniuses. I mean, the only ones to have it in canon are Babbage and Edison.
    Maybe the whole "wanting to become human" trope is overdone, but I still like the idea of him being a bit of a blood knight beyond his "emotionless weapon of justice" exterior. It'd fit with Asi's legend where he was basically a nigh-uncontrollable force of destruction that Brahma managed to compress into the form of a sword.

Thanks for the sauce, Bugs. On second thought, I do need to make a better skillset for him. I thought at the beginning to include a version of Synthetic Limbs because he's a sword, but considering my other "we-are-the-sword" Sabers don't have it, I discarded it. Then again, Asi did become a sword during his life. By the way, Rama and Parvati don't have Mana Burst
    Instead of Synthetic Limbs, maybe an original Skill called something like "Perfect Body (Weapon)" to represent how he has the body of a perfect weapon. It could act as a composite of Natural Body and Eternal Arms Mastery, as well as letting him use his bare hands and feet for slashing and piercing attacks (a la Rei's Nanto Suicho Ken from Fist Of The North Star). That's what I'd do anyways.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That one skill sounds much better

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I personally like the E- Madness Enhancement Berserkers because they allow for some Servants who don't fit super well into any of the other classes, yet never really went mad, to actually have a class container.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    I don't mind too, what I mind is the claim that roaring Berserker can't have a characterization.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    One way of going around this obstacle is to describe the Berserker's behavior in the environment/interaction with their surroundings: aversion to something, calms down when exposed to something, etc. In a rather blunt manner, it's like describing an animal akin to a nature documentary.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Okay, I've changed Asi's skillset and expanded a bit more his personality

Blog Entries

Class: Caster
    Other Classes: Ruler
    True Name: Saint Lazarus of Bettany
    Nicknames: Lazarus of the Four Days
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Place of Origin: the New Testament

Parameters
    STR: C
    END: C
    AGI: C
    MGI: B
    LCK: C
    NP: A
    Info
    Height: 170cm
    Weight: 11 kg
    Dislikes: suffering, the unredeemed
    Talent: Surprising others
    Natural Enemy: Mary Magdalene
    Attribute: Sky
    Traits: Male, Servant, Divine, Undead,
    Armament: none
    Catalyst: a rock from the inside of his first tomb
    Skills

Class Skills:
    Item Construction (False) C
    The Skill to manufacture magical items, ranging from items for daily use to implements of war. This Skill does not provide components nor materials for the construction of said items, merely knowledge.

Lazarus can manufacture several kinds of blessed items due to his other skill, Holy Orders Sacrament. He can make Keys of Providence, Black Keys, and even simple Holy Shrouds. He has no real ability to construct other kinds of items, hence the designation of the Skill as being "False".

Territory Creation (Holy) B+
    The ability to build a special sort of terrain, which is advantageous to oneself. Ordinarily these advantages would be meant for magi; however, as Lazarus is a holy man and certainly no magus it has been retooled to offer benefits to the faithful instead.

Lazarus possesses the ability to recreate the tomb in which he was interred for the first time. This tomb, having become a traditional spot of pilgrimage, has gained in power, surpassing the "Workshop" to create a "holy tomb".

Personal Skills:
    Protection of the Faith A+
    A Skill possessed only by those who have sacrificed themselves for a religious view. Renders the body and mind absolute through faith. If the level is too high, the personality will be affected.

As told in the Bible, Lazarus and his illness were deliberate acts on the part of God. Jesus Himself deliberately waited two days before departing, all the better to show his status as his Son of God and that his disciples may believe. Lazarus himself was not consulted about this belief, but would have leapt with joy knowing that this was the case.

Holy Orders Sacrament C
    A system of "magecraft" practiced by the ordained ministries of the Church, deriving power and effectiveness from faith. It requires the user to submit to certain restrictions after taking up their vows (celibacy might be one such example, although not all denominations require it of their priests). In return for abiding by these restrictions, users gain a closer link to God.

Lazarus was an ordained bishop of Cyprus, even having been presented by a Holy Shroud - woven by the Virgin Mary herself - upon his appointment. As such he has accessed the "third level" of the Holy Orders Sacrament, allowing him to access the abilities of all other sacramental systems of magecraft at will and without incurring any mana cost.

Boundary of Life and Death C
    A skill for those that have seen Death and have gained knowledge of its ways. Renders one immune to the instant disposition of death.

Lazarus was dead for a total of four days before his resurrection; in the meantime, he was confronted with the sight of the unredeemed souls in Hell. This has enlightened him to the nature of the afterlife, although it also took away most of his sense of humour.
    Noble Phantasm

And Whosoever Liveth and Believeth in Me Shall Never Die
    Raising of Lazarus

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    Range: 0
    Max Targets: 1

Lazarus was the recipient of one of the most famous miracles in the New Testament, his complete resurrection, four days after his death. This was not a miracle Lazarus himself had any part in; he was resurrected merely because he had faith. This incident became an example for all believers, and those who saw it believed that Jesus was the Messiah.

As a Noble Phantasm, it allows Lazarus a one-time complete revival, restoring him to pristine condition and curing all ills. Should anyone witness the event of his resurrection they must roll a hard Luck check not to immediately become sincere believers of Christianity. Those who are already Christian will instead be healed to a minor degree.
    Lore
    Saint Lazarus of Bethany, younger brother of the Saints Martha and Mary, was an early follower of Jesus, and was even referred to as "he whom thou lovest". Nonetheless, he fell ill of some deadly sickness.

Jesus, upon hearing of this news, deliberately waited two more days, then arrived four days after Lazarus' death. Martha and Mary both state he could've saved Lazarus if he had come earlier; Jesus merely tells them to have faith, and resurrects their brother.

Not recorded in the Bible was the fact that by this time, limbo had stripped Lazarus' soul of its connection to its flesh and blood, although it had not yet removed the link to the body's bones; the result of resurrecting Lazarus too early, since otherwise his soul would have been materialized succesfully. The reason for this is that Jesus was overcome by emotion, as shown in the famous phrase "Jesus wept", and deviated from what had been planned.

As a result, after Lazarus' resurrection had taken place, he was presented to the disbelieving onlookers as nothing but a skeleton. (This is part of the reason he was thought to never smile.) Suffice to say, his sisters had mixed feelings about the whole affair.
    Personality
    Pious and loyal to the faith, to the point of dying for it. He is somewhat dour, having been shown the suffering of the unredeemed in the underworld. It is not the first time he has been resurrected; he views this as another opportunity given to him by the Lord to spread the good word, and is rather fond of preaching and sermonizing.

Though his form is most definitely unusual, he has grown used to it, and the horrified reactions he gets from onlookers.
    Relationships

Martha:
    "Ah, big sister. It's good to see you again.

Wait, what's with that outfit? No, no, forget I said anything, please, I didn't mean anything by it. Ow! Stop hitting me!"
    Magdalene:
    "Ah, big sister. It's good to see you again.

Wait. Should you really be smoking? I don't think that's allowed. It's "penitence"? Huh?"
    King Hassan:
    The two of them feel a sort of intrinsic bond. Lazarus claims that this is because they've both been at the boundary of life and death and their faith is similarly boundless.

Everyone else just thinks they get along because they're both weirdo skeletons.

Creator Notes:
    There's two Lazaruses (Lazari?) already, but here's my take. A walking, talking, skellington. Which is a new thing, as far as I know.

Fun fact: there's a Dutch expression, "drinking oneself Lazarus", meaning to drink heavily.

Spooky time is early this year. Excellent.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lazarus: Okay, the image of this undead lich looking guy going around asking people "Have you ever heard of our lord and savior Jesus Christ?" is unspeakably hilarious. This sheet gets a 10/10 from me just for that.

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Lazarus: Okay, the image of this undead lich looking guy going around asking people "Have you ever heard of our lord and savior Jesus Christ?" is unspeakably hilarious. This sheet gets a 10/10 from me just for that.
    Seconded. But that aside, this is a decent sheet. I approve.
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    Edgar Allan Poe Foreigner when

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Avenger Juana la Loca, please

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    With this in mind, I'm going to have to figure out some sort of spooky Servant sheet to do in honor of Halloween.
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sorry if the joke was bad or innappropriate ,was it ?
    nevermind,please.
    anyway
    one Question have i made some improvement over the months with my profiles ,everyone ?
    Last edited by Kabalisto Koga; September 21st, 2018 at 02:53 PM.
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...