Page 717 of 858 FirstFirst ... 217617667707712715716717718719722727767817 ... LastLast
Results 14,321 to 14,340 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepMode View Post
    A little question to throw out there:

When Servant-crafting, is there a specific country/region's history/mythos you always liked?

For me, to start, it would definitely be Chinese history.
    Scientist, Sengoku, Crusades, and Napoleonic era. I like Historical Servants more than Myths by principle.

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sengoku, Brazilian, ROTK

I also have a soft spot for Martial Artists

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

Blog Entries
    Looking in my Servant folder, I tend to be all over the place when it comes to region, though I always seem to stick with historical or legendary humans. I haven't done a single God yet.

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper of Remnant View Post
    Looking in my Servant folder, I tend to be all over the place when it comes to region, though I always seem to stick with historical or legendary humans. I haven't done a single God yet.
    I haven’t done a single god either. The closet I ever got was Beast Vritra, but he’s a demon and not a god.
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    Sorry everyone i make a indianic servant for the contest does someone know a direct translator or a quite complete Dictionary of the North american indigenic languages if possible Cherokee or Navajo ?
    i have searched but atleast for now i have not found a working one .
    I do have an interesting fact about the Cherokee language: it was entirely spoken until a guy just wholesale invented a writing system for it in the 19th century.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sorry everyone i make a indianic servant for the contest does someone know a direct translator or a quite complete Dictionary of the North american indigenic languages if possible Cherokee or Navajo ?
    i have searched but atleast for now i have not found a working one .
    http://www.cherokeedictionary.net/

Literally the first result if you Google "English Cherokee dictionary online"

AKA Leyeet massive_jojo_reference's Avatar
    A little question to throw out there:

When Servant-crafting, is there a specific country/region's history/mythos you always liked?

For me, to start, it would definitely be Chinese history.
    European History in general mostly because Deus Vult, Such as My Constantine 11th and Sigismund sheet respectively, i used to do samurais and japan in general a lot but well all those months of playing EU4 generally made me more interested in Europe than any other region.

Holy Roman Empire and Germany in particular, however given my wide range of servants i can do just about anyone as long as there is enough Skeleton to provide for the meat and vice versa.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Fuck whoever invented lowercase and uppercase letters because i always focus so much on being descriptive i forget to put uppercase on the start of my sentences.
    Last edited by massive_jojo_reference; December 14th, 2018 at 03:27 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

FC Link
    Alternate Classes: Caster
    True Name: Azovka
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Origin: Slavic Folklore
    Armament: N/A

Parameters:
    STR: C+
    END: A+
    AGI: D
    MANA: A
    LUCK: B
    NP: A

Skills
    Class Skills

Existence Outside the Domain - Rank EX: Foreigner Class Skill, denoting one’s existence as one tied to an Outer God, a being that exists outside this universe and thus exempt from its influence. Existence Outside the Domain makes the Skill’s bearer literally otherworldly in nature. They are not fully affected by the laws of the World, and in some cases may even actively warp the world around them with their mere presence. Incoming attacks cause no harm and spells slide off harmlessly, just as the Servant’s own actions slip through physical and magical barriers as though they weren’t there. However, these qualities are not consciously activated, but rather exist due to the warping influence of one touched by an Outer God.

Divinity - Rank B: The measure of whether one has Divine Spirit aptitude or not. At high levels, one is treated as a mixed race of a Divine Spirit, and the level declines when the Heroic Spirit's own rank as a Monster or Demonic Beast raises. It can also decrease due to one's dislike for the gods. Those who have A Rank Divinity or above have reached the Throne of Gods. It also has an effect which reduces special defensive values called 'purge defense' in proportion to the Divinity's Rank. It can break through Skills such as Protection of the Faith and Enlightenment of the Sacred Fig.
    Due to her connection to an Outer God, Foreigner possesses a high rank in Divinity.

Territory Creation - Rank D+: Ordinarily a Caster-class Skill. It is the Skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus, such as for the purpose of collecting mana.
    Creation of a ‘Domain’ becomes possible. Though Foreigner’s territory can be extraordinarily large in size, it only allows for the collection of small amounts of mana from the surroundings.

Insanity - Rank D: A Mental Pollution-like skill gained from contacting an evil god that can easily erode the fragile common sense and morals of humans. However, unlike Mental Pollution, Insanity can spread to others through the witnessing of the might of an Outer God.
    Though managing to resist the sanity-shredding majesty of an Outer God, Foreigner’s connection to the entity still manifests, and she sometimes believes she is the Outer God Yibb-Tstll itself.

Personal Skills

Golden Rule - Rank B: A Skill that refers to the measurement of one's fortune to acquire wealth.
    Foreigner can naturally accumulate wealth around her. In addition, the income of those she considers her allies is doubled.

Shapeshift - Rank D: A Skill that refers to both borrowing bodies and appearance change.
    Foreigner can alter her appearance to some extent, allowing for slight variations as well as increase or decrease in stature. In addition, she is capable of taking on the form of a lizard.

Noble Phantasms

The Black Corruption
    Tstll Krov'

Anti-Unit, Rank A
    Acting as both a weapon and a curse, Tstll Krov' is the black blood of the Outer God Yibb-Tstll. Rather than manifesting as a liquid, Tstll Krov' is composed of snowflake-like crystals, moving like sand instead of water. The merest touch of the Outer God’s blood causes instant changes in living beings, spreading the corruption that might even affect Yibb-Tstll itself. In most cases these changes, though subtle, quickly prove fatal, but sometimes the victim survives and is granted a measure of the Outer God’s power.
    Foreigner has been touched by Yibb-Tstll’s power like no other, most of her own blood having been slowly replaced by the black, crystalline substance. Foreigner can exert some control over Tstll Krov', which freely pours out of her body. The black blood of the Outer God actively seeks out targets to corrupt, however, autonomously striking out from Foreigner’s body within a short radius. With a touch, it corrupts physical and spiritual entities, causing heavy damage but carrying a small chance of granting a random benefit. After striking, Tstll Krov' will stick to its target, drawing up more and more of the substance to smother entities it regards as ‘alien’ to itself.

The Book of Calling
    Cthäat Aquadingen

Anti-Principle, Rank EX
    The book which caused Foreigner’s current condition. It is a copy that was originally passed on among cultists within the population of the Rus. Cthäat Aquadingen eventually made its way into Foreigner’s hands. Reading it out of curiosity, her imitation of the rituals within attracted the attention of the Outer God Yibb-Tstll.
    Cthäat Aquadingen, though originally merely a book of rituals, eventually warped into a tool holding a direct connection to Yibb-Tstll’s domain. Through it, Foreigner can call upon the Nightgaunts that flock around the Outer God, as well as gain visions of the universe. However, each time the way is opened, the connection is strengthened, and a little more of the Outer God’s influence crawls onto the earth. As such, Foreigner is reluctant to use the book, and in fact has never opened it after realizing its status as a doorway.

Description
    Dislikes: Spreading her corruption, other women
    Talents: Staying hidden, rituals
    Natural Enemy: Yibb-Tstll

Foreigner’s true identity is Azovka, the Malachite Lady. She is also known by many other names, among them The Mistress of the Copper Mountain, The Stone Maiden and the Serpent Mistress.

A beautiful maiden with a soft spot for men, though having an unapproachable, supernatural air to her. Azovka prizes hard work and skill, having sponsored and provided for a multitude of miners and craftsmen during her lifetime. However, the corruption of her original personality, coupled with her noble birth, cause her to view that which she cherishes as her property, be it things or people. As such, Azovka also jealously guards her “possessions” from others.
    Due to the corruption brought about by the black blood of the Outer God, Azovka sometimes believes she is Yibb-Tstll, and as such her goals are mercurial in nature. Sometimes seeking to isolate herself and her corruption in order to protect mankind, sometimes seeking out others to touch and change so as to spread her influence. These sides of her are not aware of each other, as Azovka is still a singular entity.
    Azovka has no desire to meet other Heroic Spirits most of the time, fearful of what might happen if they were to be corrupted by Yibb-Tstll. When her personality twists, however, she actively seeks out Servants as well as other people while targeting those who are personable and command the faith or servitude of others. Though they are nothing but tools to spread her corruption, they are valuable tools nonetheless, and she guards them as jealously as she guards all her property, regardless of which personality is in dominance.
    As a Servant, Azovka recognizes the value of a Master and admires their talent, proven by their ability to summon a Heroic Spirit. Upon summoning, she would immediately enter spiritual form and warn her Master in clear terms to never approach her physical body. Even her warped personality would keep with this isolation, as even the part of her believing itself to be an Outer God recognizes the entity of a ‘Master’ as one not to be harmed.
    Azovka’s wish is to rid herself of her connection to Yibb-Tstll and banish the Outer God’s influence from the World. The warped portion of her personality, on the other hand, wishes to open the floodgates of Cthäat Aquadingen and let her influence drown the world.

Lore
    Azovka started out as the daughter of Tatar nobility. She eventually came to possess the book Cthäat Aquadingen, which was a copy taken from the Rus during a Tatar raid. Upon reading it and re-enacting some of the rituals within out of curiosity, Azovka became connected to Yibb-Tsil, and was touched by the black blood that surged forth from the book. Quickly understanding the corruptive influence of the substance and frightened out of her mind by what she had experienced, Azovka fled her home.
    Somehow, she survived her encounter with the Outer God and the corruptive influence of its blood while still remaining herself. At this time, she also awoke to the supernatural abilities the touch of Yibb-Tstll’s blood had granted her. Seeing it best to seclude herself from the rest of humanity, she took refuge in the Ural mountains. As time passed, she became aware of miners digging for copper in her mountain. Keeping her distance, Azovka observed these workers, admiring their efforts and sometimes watching craftsmen at work in nearby towns. She began showing herself to select individuals, always at a distance, and leading them to troves of precious metals. Like this, the legend of the Mistress of the Copper Mountain was born.
    As time went on, the corruption of Azovka’s body grew more extensive, and she grew fearful of approaching living beings, the power that was overtaking her body sustaining her. Sightings of her grew sparser, and she eventually faded into myth.
    In a last act of defiance, it can be assumed that she found a way to end herself rather than succumb fully to Yibb-Tstll’s will.

Notes
    Though Azovka and the Mistress of the Copper Mountain aren't quite the same entity, they are accepted as connected in folklore.
    As for the Outer God bit, Yibb-Tstll was chosen because it apparently cloaks itself in an emerald cloak just like the Mistress of the Copper Mountain does. This was also part of the reasoning behind her warped personality, as though unconsciously mimicking the Outer God (the “motherly” defense of miners and craftsmen also comes from the same roots).
    Cthäat Aquadingen turned out a little boring, though.
    Last edited by Shiki-pon; December 15th, 2018 at 10:15 AM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Fake Archer

Archer
    Identity: Pholus
    Also known as: Pholos
    Height: 179 cm
    Weight: 81 kg
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Attribute: Earth
    Origin: Greek mythology
    Armament: Bow and arrows
    Natural enemy: Heracles

Parameters:
    Strength: D
    Endurance: C
    Agility: A+
    Luck: D
    Mana: C
    NP: D+

Background
    Although a member of the Centaur race, Pholus wasn’t a son of Centaurus. Instead, he was born from the union of Dionysus’ mentor, the old Silenus, and a Melia, a nymph of ash-trees. This different origin resulted in him being more rational than the rest of his species, a trait shared with Chiron, the only other Centaur to not have been born from Centaurus, but unlike the mentor of heroes, Pholus didn’t possess the gift of immortality.

Pholus lived at a cave in mount Pelion, and at some point befriended the great Heracles. After completing the Fourth Labor, Heracles paid his friend a visit, and both had dinner together. Not having met for a long time due to the hero’s adventures, they had a long talk as they ate and drank. But Heracles unknowingly opened a jar containing a sacred wine before Pholus could warn him about it, and the scent of the drink immediately attracted a large group of Centaurs that attacked the two friends. Heracles immediately drew his bow and killed the monsters, his arrows dipped in the poison of the Lernean Hydra. Pholus, on the other hand, ran away scared.

Once all the Centaurs had been killed, an incident in which Chiron was unintentionally wounded by one of the poisoned arrows as well, Pholus returned to the scene of the battle. Readying the corpses to bury them, he couldn’t help but feel curious about the arrows. He wondered how something so small could kill and picked an arrow to examine it. But his hand slipped and he dropped the arrow, which stabbed his foot. Since there was still some poison, this unfortunate event killed Pholus immediately.

Personality
    An intellectual type that finds fighting bitter, Pholus’ intelligence isolated him in life from the rest of his species. He is the kind of person that refuses to come into contact with those he considers stupid, but that makes him quite the asocial fellow, as he seems to be one of those who think “everyone is an idiot except me”. Of course, that happened due to him being surrounded by the barbarian Centaurs. Now that he lives among humans, he tries to correct that side of his and open up to people. Perhaps something similar happened in the past when he met Heracles, and he befriended him because him having achieved so many heroic feats implied that he had the wits to solve any kind of incident.

Due to their class skill, Archers are usually hard to rely on, but Pholus is among the most unreliable Archers in terms of combat capability. Not only he’s weak, but he’s also a coward that will flee as soon as he finds a chance to do so, a behavior unfit for a Servant no matter his strength.

Treatment with the Master: Being that he’s completely unfit for the battle royale that the Holy Grail War is, Masters are very unlikely to summon Pholus. Because of this, Pholus’ first impression about his Master is that they’re a fool, therefore refusing to talk with them. However, if he accedes to fight, he’ll try to do his best as an adviser and strategist, planning victory by keeping the number of fights at the minimum.

In the case of him noticing that the Master is similar to him in terms of personality, Pholus will request to have debates with them over whichever topic he finds interesting at the moment. Also, although he doesn't like being summoned as a Servant, he finds the company of misunderstood genius-type Masters pleasant.

Likes: “My father used to say that the most pleasant thing in life is not living. I like to think about it when I have free time, but what about you, Master? Would you like us to start a debate about the truth of these words?”

Dislikes: “I wouldn’t go as far as saying I hate them, but the other Centaurs are such brutes that it results irritating. Chiron being the only other civilized Centaur in the world is very frustrating.”

Wish for the Grail: “My existence as a Servant contradicts the wisdom of my father, and I myself dislike fighting. I don’t regret my accidental death. If possible, I want to wish for the eternal rest all creatures yearn for.”

Skills
    Class skills
    Magic Resistance C
    Invalidates magecraft with a chant of two verses or less. Cannot protect against the likes of Greater Rituals or High-Thaumaturgy.

Independent Action A
    Allows free movement without being connected to a mana source. At this rank, it’s possible to survive for at least one week, provided mana is conserved in the most effective way.

Personal skills
    Alcoholic Scent of a Fruit D
    Induces a state of drunkenness, similar to charm, in others through several means. The higher the rank, the wider the variety of methods that can be used. Pholus can only intoxicate people through his wine, or by soaking his arrows with it.

Divinity C
    Measures qualification as a Divine Spirit. Allows to break through special defenses like Protection of the Faith or Enlightenment of the Sacred Fig. Pholus was the son of a Melia-kind nymph, as well as the grandson of Pan.

Self-Preservation B
    Preserves one’s health to allow escape. As long as the safety of the Master is minimally guaranteed, Pholus can escape from almost all harm. This means that direct engagement in combat will never happen. High-risk, high-return tactics are favored, the return being observational data.

Noble Phantasm

Deleastikós Krási
    Sacred wine of enticement

Type: Anti-Unit
    Description:

“This wine was supposed to be drank in special celebrations, but I can understand why it has become something like this. The other Centaurs tried to drink it at all times…”

Pholus’ wine, whose smell was so intense and attractive that it attracted the Centaurs just by removing the lid of the jar. It was the only true possession of Pholus in life, and thus accompanies him as a Servant.

A simple jar of wine at first sight, removing the lid releases a fragrant aroma that can be felt in a wide area, on the range of hundreds of meters. That scent is so tempting that those who smell it are unconsciously drawn towards its source. Since it isn’t any kind of mental interference, however, the effect is weak compared to any remotely similar attacks, and thus can be resisted if one has a strong mentality. In the case of being drawn towards the booze, a check must be bypassed each turn. Again, it’s easy to bypass it, but in the case of failing it, a state of frenzy similar to Mad Enhancement will be induced until one is no longer near the Noble Phantasm’s range.

Because this Noble Phantasm affects those with a weak mentality, it’s greatly useful against the mindless Berserkers and Riders that use beasts as their mounts. The former will rush towards the origin of the scent as soon as they detect it, and the latter will be unable to control their ride properly, as it won’t obey their orders.

Usage of this Noble Phantasm is not restricted to just opening the jar, as the Noble Phantasm isn’t the vessel, but the wine itself. Therefore, Pholus, who isn’t very adept in combat, can soak his arrows with it and strategically shoot them towards where he wants the enemy to move. For example, if he’s allied with an expert trapper, Pholus can lure his opponents towards a snare.

Relations
    Chiron: “Ah, how pleasant it is, to be able to have a civilized conversation with a fellow Centaur. I have dreamed of doing this for perhaps my entire life.”

Heracles: “O friend, how pitiful to see you in this crazed condition… But it seems you still can recognize me, even if we both are different from how we were in the past. Don’t feel bad, you’re not to blame for my death.”

Leonidas I:
    “I understand your feelings, king of Sparta. Knowing that your brethren consists on a bunch of brutes while you are the only one that can use your brains properly is stressing.”

Shuten-dōji: “Aaaah! Hey, little girl! Did you drink my Noble Phantasm?! What am I supposed to do now?!”

This one was suggested by Shiki as a candidate for the fake Archer, but I almost discarded it because the lore is very sparse and I can't pull a Scáthach, so it took me longer to make the sheet. Another possibility was stretching even more the requirements to be a fake Servant and pull George Westinghouse as a fake Tesla, but well. I'm not sure if Battle Retreat would have been better than Self-Preservation, but you can't have a skill for retreating if you've never fought to begin with. Also, the NP is quite shitty but there's nothing else to him than this. Well, perhaps Heracles' poisoned arrows.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    a interesting idea shiki does chtäat is based one real tome ? and how would be her mindset and nolephantasm as Caster aswell as the creations and battle methods ?
    and what is a Nightgaunt and what are they able to do and what is the fate of the Tstll krov victims ?are they mutated this part is unclear?
    And how would be a fight she against Arthoria ,Karna or Medea ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Pholus: Neat, you made it work. The NP is still very good, given what you had to work with. I rather like the idea of him dipping his arrows in alcohol, too.

a interesting idea shiki does chtäat is based one real tome ? and how would be her mindset and nolephantasm as Caster aswell as the creations and battle methods ?
    and what is a Nightgaunt and what are they able to do and what is the fate of the Tstll krov victims ?are they mutated this part is unclear?
    And how would be a fight she against Arthoria ,Karna or Medea ?
    Answers in order: The tome's about as real as the Outer Gods. Less gribbly. Flying, faceless humanoid things and Tstll Krov' usually kills people (and as is repeated many times, it can mutate people).
    No clue about how she'd fight random Heroic Spirits #1, #2 and #3. Probably wouldn't if she could help it.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiki-pon View Post
    Pholus: Neat, you made it work. The NP is still very good, given what you had to work with. I rather like the idea of him dipping his arrows in alcohol, too.
    Thanks. I was thinking that the NP looked like just a more advanced version of Atalante's Golden Fruit with the taunt effect, and the idea of soaking the arrows with wine was copy-pasted from my Susanoo/Amanozako sheet, so I was worried about it being not very original.

Now, let's see if I can have Assassin for next week, although I'm not sure if I should stick with Dájĭ or change her, because she's been done a lot of times and so far she looks like a failed combination of Tamamo and BB

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    your Pholos is a quite good inconvential Archer which brings me to the idea of a "Gentlemanlyor better said a civilized " grailwar with shakespear as Caster and my Stelletski now we lacking now a similar battle lazy saber (i would have one in mind), a sleepy lancer (Leysritt psoudo servant ?) and then we Need only a Manner/ censure obsessed Berserker .
    Last edited by Kabalisto Koga; December 15th, 2018 at 02:16 PM.
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    Now, let's see if I can have Assassin for next week, although I'm not sure if I should stick with Dájĭ or change her, because she's been done a lot of times and so far she looks like a failed combination of Tamamo and BB
    Perhaps do Lady Huxian, who is essentially the Chinese equivalent of Inari-Okami. Incidentally, she is also related to Xiwangmu, the guardian goddess of Mt. Kunlun.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the suggestion, but the purpose is to use official characters as the basis. Plus, I don't really see how the equivalent to Inari would fit under the Assassin class. Perhaps I'll make Chì with EMIYA as the basis

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the suggestion, but the purpose is to use official characters as the basis. Plus, I don't really see how the equivalent to Inari would fit under the Assassin class. Perhaps I'll make Chì with EMIYA as the basis
    For clarification, Huxian's a Fox Immortal. Deception plus shapeshift is part of a fox spirit's forte.

EDIT: Given the official characters as the basis, probably disregard the above, sorry I wasn't much help.
    Last edited by SleepMode; December 15th, 2018 at 02:32 PM.

Now Revamped!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Speaking of suggestions for class candidates, does anyone have some Lancers that they don't mind someone else using? I seem to have run out.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You could do Tlacaelel I with influence of Huītzilōpōchtli. His NP could be Xiuhcoatl, or a cheap copy of it, as the spear-thrower snake it's supposed to be

- - - Updated - - -

For clarification, Huxian's a Fox Immortal. Deception plus shapeshift is part of a fox spirit's forte.

EDIT: Given the official characters as the basis, probably disregard the above, sorry I wasn't much help.
    It's actually fine, since I can perfectly add it to my quiver for the future

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You could do Tlacaelel I with influence of Huītzilōpōchtli. His NP could be Xiuhcoatl, or a cheap copy of it, as the spear-thrower snake it's supposed to be.
    Sounds neat. On the plus side, he also appears to have been the architect of the Aztec Triple Alliance, so he ties well into Moctezuma I and Nezahualcoyotl who I've already made.

Blog Entries
    Tossing out a name, but there's Harada Sanosuke, 10th Unit Captain of the Shinsengumi, the only guy proficient with the spear in the group as well as one of the organization's stronger individuals. and depending on what you believe, left Japan to China and became a bandit to the rest of his days.

Now Revamped!