Page 455 of 858 FirstFirst ... 355405445450453454455456457460465505555 ... LastLast
Results 9,081 to 9,100 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AvengerEmiya's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No, I mean Azaka is a girl who is obssessed with her brother with whom she has romantic feelings for, like Izanami.

Fujino's not even really a yandere like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andaeus View Post
    Oh, fun! How often does a story actually leave the Idea Thread?
    Fate/Grand Order Doujins That Don't Suck [Updated: 3/2]

Blog Entries
    Well, this was a fun enough idea, eheh. Probably would have been my second contest 'Explorer', while stretching the definition a bit improperly. Well, she'd insist she counts any way...

Class: Caster
    True Name: Laura Boulton
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good

Parameters:
    Strength: E
    Endurance: E
    Agility: E
    Mana: E
    Luck: E
    Noble Phantasm: E-A++

Lore:
    Spoiler:
    An American ethnomusicologist born at the turn of the 20th century, Laura Boulton is known for the many field recordings, films and photographs of traditional music and its performances and practitioners. Born in Ohio, she took an early interest in the study of music, later switching to anthropology and serving as a teacher and researcher on a number of research expeditions to African countries and later other nations as well. Taking with her a simple cylinder recorder, she began to record the songs and sounds of the country and the villages she encountered, first as a lark and soon as a deep-rooted fancy.

Using her affluent husband's pocketbook, she began to travel further abroad, to areas ranging from Mexico, Egypt, the Sudan, Scotland, Canada, and even the Arctic circles. In each land, she sought out small villages, using tricks and charm to convince them to share with her the music of their people, never explaining her intent to record, preserve, and profit from their traditions. No village was too small, and no sound too trivial; all were etched into her collection of recording tubes and saved forever.

She brazenly intruded upon the solitude and sanctity of every culture in her reach, defending herself with the worthiness of her cause and taking everything she could get her hands on. Despite her modern reputation as little more than a thief out to benefit from indigenous people, it is also true that she is responsible for the preservation of many songs, amassing a collection in the tens of thousands which she sold (for a reasonable price) to museums, archives, and schools across the United States.

Personality:
    Spoiler:
    Cheerful and outgoing, it is easy to see how Caster maintained the energy and enthusiasm to travel the world on a trivial flight of fancy. Make no mistake, Caster truly loves music and admires the many cultures of the world. To her, there was a precious need to save the ancient music and traditions from the encroachment of modernity and the ravages of time. The beauty of the world couldn't be left to oral tradition, to the ephemeral bubble of cultural heritage. While adoring their works, she set out to save them, passionately following her high-minded cause.

This is true.

However, for all the nobility of her cause, her methods were the efforts of a flighty, spoiled and entitled princess. Burning through the money of her husband without a care, stealing the traditions of many villages and cultures without explanation, she seized all that she could, holding it to her chest and profiting from its use. A self-centered woman in love with her own love of music, she will gladly and enthusiastically discuss the topic with anyone who will listen, while never taking in a word or opinion of the other side. Even in a Holy Grail War, she is a Servant unable to truly connect with the views of another, but steadfastly and charmingly maintaining her own view and interests against all opposition.

To win the Grail war would be nice. But to
    steal
    borrow
    the legends of her companions in summoning would be even better.

Class Skills:
    Territory Creation
    Because it seems that her personality is not suited for it, Caster has difficulty in even manufacturing a Workshop, and has received only the bare minimum her class container can provide. At this rank, Caster can create an 'archive' that can house and remotely deploy her entire musical collection to Caster for playback.

Item Creation (False)
    A Skill that acts as an equivalent of Item Construction due to the user's lack of magus aptitude. Within the limited specialization of 'items and devices to capture sound', Caster is able to improvise startlingly efficient work-arounds by combining her ingenuity, her Noble Phantasm, and the charming cylindrical creations of one King of Industry.

Personal Skills:
    Espionage
    A skill that does not conceal one’s presence, but rather makes one's presence fail to register as hostile. This Skill causes others to misunderstand one's status, including mistaking one for a kind neighbor, a harmless pebble, or as the most beloved person. At this rank, unless outed by her allies, it is extremely difficult to discern any hostility from the user. However, the instant she attacks, this skill loses its effects. A talent born from shamelessly infiltrating many cultures and hiding her intentions regarding their music and traditions.

Music Performance (False)
    A Skill that gives the user the ability to heal others by playing a melody, copied and taken from others rather than performed with the individual's own skill with an instrument. A skill that suppresses allies' mental disturbances and robs the fighting spirit of opponents, Caster can also enact many types of musical magecraft across a surprising variety of disciplines and foundations.

The songs she has
    stolen
    borrowed
    encompass a variety of cultures, including sacred songs of healing, curses, and blessings of all types. She may freely spread buffs or debuffs, attack or support the mental strength of her allies, and even cast elemental magic by exciting the spirits of nature. The individual herself has no shame about her hard work and will hear nothing of "royalties" or "fair use."

Noble Phantasm(s):
    Musica Univeralis - Treasury of the Music of the Spheres
    Type: Anti-Populace
    In life, Caster made it her goal to explore and preserve the world of music, recording songs and sounds that would otherwise have faded away with the passage of time and civilization. However, as a servant of modernity, she has no skill with thaumaturgy, lacking any form of individual fighting ability. She is able to recreate its effects only through use of her Noble Phantasm. Originally an unpolished collection of over 30,000 recordings of tribal chants, song, and sounds of nature, through an error in the Grail's attempts to craft her a Noble Phantasm, it has become a sublimination of her self-described efforts to "capture, absorb, and bring back the world‘s music," taking the form of an accidental and artificial music of the spheres.

Rather than being limited to the recordings Caster made in life, as a representation of songs lost to the history of the world, Caster's Noble Phantasm is now best described as a database that stores all lost music from the world that she collected and may have collected, a theoretical collection encompassing cultures from all over the world and across time. The music of the dark spaces in the foundation of man, indiscriminately captured and etched in place. As a system of music magecraft, Caster's collection has become an arsenal without peer, feeding her a stream of notes and history so rich as to be practically unlimited, none of them her own work or creation. As an collector, rather than a true creator or aficionado, her database is not unlike the treasury of a certain golden dilettante, but hyper-specialized in subject matter. Even if she never personally encountered a song, it surely lies somewhere in the music of the spheres.

A Noble Phantasm represented manufactured Musica Universalis, plundering the rich cultural history of countless peoples and assimilating them into an amalgamation for the use of just one. Caster insists that her recollection is preserving their stories for the future - yet she will gladly and passionately seek to use them for her own self-benefit in the process.

In addition, Caster is capable of supplementing her collection with new recordings. By capturing the sound of a spell, skill, or even Noble Phantasm, she begins to add it to her collection, connecting it to the many magical and historical foundations under her sway. Once an ability has been recorded, Caster obtains an automatic resistance against it, as its roots become part of her sphere of influence. With subsequent recording and creation of a more comprehensive recreation of the ability, attacks may be avoided, activation may be forced, and with sufficient recordation, even targets may be selected. For obvious reasons, this ability has no effect on skills, abilities, or Noble Phantasms without sound, or entirely passive in nature, nor can it affect skills being used for the first time in Caster's presence.
    Last edited by Sunny; February 11th, 2018 at 12:04 AM.

Signature by fumato

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    The prompt is so unconventional even the prompt-starter breaks her own prompt. jk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    The prompt is so unconventional even the prompt-starter breaks her own prompt. jk
    Th-that's one of the reasons I don't enter! I can afford to be silly, eheh.

Then again this one is stretching a lot of limits besides just the prompt... Sorry if it's a bit much, but the idea was fun to draft.

Signature by fumato

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Stretching limits is good. Some of the best sheets in the contest stretch the prompt to its breaking point and I wouldn't have it any other way.

- - - Updated - - -

Also please don't disqualify me.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Stretching is Fate, Wank is Servant

somewhere on some continent, in some random city of some merit.
    There's a contest? I thought this was mostly for fun, ok then I'll avoid doing anymore sheets until contest is over since my sheets aren't all that good.

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The contest isn't in this thread

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

Ah, then never mind ok time to do Abe no semei.

Blog Entries
    Has anybody made a sheet using the 'new' Foreigner class yet or are we still waiting for more information about it to become available?

Anyway, my current plans are; remake Alaric I, go back and improve Jerusalem-tan, maybe go back and improve Macbeth as well, then start posting new servants again (probably either an 'illusionist' or... Robespierre, since I have some ideas for him). University is strating up again soon, so I'm going to slow down on this a lot, but I'll try not to simply abandon the forum again. Also, can I get some opinions on whether I should continue using colours to highlight things in my profiles or whether I should revert back to bolding things.

To comment on other people's work;

Laura Bolton is a rather unorthodox Servant and you're most definitely right when you say it stretches the 'explorer' theme. Her NP being "Unlimited Song Works" is a fun idea but, although I completely understand why, the lack of Protection of the Muse (False) seems kind of like a waste, given that its one of the few canon msuic-related Skills. Regardless, I like it. When is the contest ending, btw?

Dante is a unique take on, well, himself. You've still got the 'Divine Comedy Reality Marble' that so-often pops up, but you at least attempted to put a unique spin on it and the Skills are actually rather interesting. The very idea of having another heroic spirit as someone's Familiar is amusing to me, even if it does fit. Good job.
    Certified F/GO hater.

My Servants

The starting penalty is five.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    There is 2 Foreigner sheets in the monthly contest if you want to see them.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    There have been a few Foreigners posted in this thread. Seems to me that they tend to be naval-oriented for some squid-related reason.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i have to many ideas for my own good
    i mean, after my next sheet, i still got two casters, two riders, a lancer and an alter-ego on development
    this is to not mention the magus sheets

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Laura and Dante are both unorthodox with unique spins to them nice job guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Crying View Post
    Also, can I get some opinions on whether I should continue using colours to highlight things in my profiles or whether I should revert back to bolding things.

When is the contest ending, btw?
    Most people (myself included) bold so colours stand out.

Also the contest is bi-monthly, ending in a couple of weeks. The current themes is 'Explorers'. Link to the thread is here.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    There have been a few Foreigners posted in this thread. Seems to me that they tend to be naval-oriented for some squid-related reason.
    There's something of a theme so far in fanmade Foreigners is explorers who found something that Should Not Be Found and go insane. Easiest that way.

"Ah master, let us guide these poor souls to the after life".

Class: grand caster.
    True name: Abe no semei.
    Alightnment: lawful good.
    alternate classes: ruler, savior, rider.

Parameters:
    strength: C
    agility: C-
    mana: A+++
    endurance: D
    luck: B
    NP: EX.

personality: Abe is a kind and gental individual while not against fighting she will seek ways out of confrontation, and fights in an impersonal sort of way, although outside of battle she can be considered to be a tom boy with a sort of cute side to her, she loves sweat treats and sipping Sakai thou she tends to find it hard to get Sakai do to her appearance thou she has no qualms using some magic here and there to buy herself some, she tends to wear a cutesy komino which seems at odds with her personality and if she developes a good relation ship with her master she say when prompted or asked by her master she will say something along the lines of "it was something I was unable to do in my life, but always wanted to do." But will say no further. Her wish for the Grail is that of the ending of the holy grail wars something she thinks causes the souls of heroes to be forced throu unneccary suffering.

Background: Abe no semei was born of a powerful fox spirit and Abe no yusonna, she born with exemptional levels of mana and by the time she was six she was able to do high class magic with relative ease and with no previous practice, her father fearing she would be killed due to being a women possessing such power had her live her life as that of a man in order to protect her as he knew how men would react if the beleaved a women possessed more power then them, later in her life she was able to bring low level oni under her countrol, and become the leader of the onmyōji sect of ten government and divined many events, performed many excorsisims, she would later excorise tomomoe no Mae and a couple years after words die a reletivly peaceful death.

Class skills:
    iteam crafting
    Abe is capable of crafting noble phantasm in the form of talismans and charms that can grant boosts to strength, agility, mana, and even luck at the rank of EX making them at the level of phantasm's.

Territory creation.
    At this rank the creation of a temple becomes possible, which is superior to a work shop.

Personal skills:

High speed Divine words
    A: High-Thaumaturgy-level Magecraft can be cast at the speed of Single-Action spells.

divinity, B.
    Born from a mating a fox spirit and a human she is could be considered a Demi God of sorts and says so herself, although the fox spirit was no god, it was definitely a divine spirit.

oni familiars.
    She is able to summon weak level Oni which she can operate on thought alone, each attack from the Oni places a mental interference on the opponent but is easily nulled throu skills such as bravery.

Clairvoyence.
    she was said to have divined many futures, even that of her kings death, do to this she possess the ability of future sight as well as exemptional vissual prowess.

charisma.
    she is able to lead people, and people will respect her deacons but she is not suitable to become king or fully lead a nation, thou the leading of large powerful group or sect certainly becomes possible.

NP.
    Title: Akuma ga nigenai koto o wana ni shite
    Type: Anti- thermauticy
    A magical barrier so greate that those trapped in it may as well be trapped in a separate reality, those trapped in it cannot escape throu magic as all magical attack will simply be repelled of the barrier. She can also use it as sort of magical Shield by herself inside in the barrier and can dispel at any time.

exorcism of the divine.
    title:Akuma ga nigenai koto o wana ni shite kudasai.
    type: Anti-Personnel.
    this noble phantasm is the crystallization of the time caster exorcised Tamamo No Mae, against any spirit it instantly banish them from that of the physical plane, in a way killing them. To servants they will be sent back to the throne ifs heroes, this spell requires around 4 days of preparation as a pentragram must be placed to cover the whole area or city. And caster must sit directly in the middle of the pentagram without moving for around 2 hours after preparations are complete, telling the tale of how she excorised Tammomoe No Mae. And she sacrifices all of her mana to achieve the spell, due to this the spell is almost guaranteed to kill her, But if mana can be set aside for later use it can be used last second for survival. Once everything has been completed caster can choose to cast the spell and excorised any spirit within the area of the pentagram, this includes that of servants. But she can excorise only one spirit.
    Last edited by venomking; February 13th, 2018 at 12:51 PM.

I was planning to submit a sheet in that contest, but the theme doesn't really appeal to me. I had a couple of ideas, but their "discoveries" would be such only if you took the concept loosely.

Anyway, for a Servant sheet in this thread, which of the following intentionally vague options would you find most interesting: a witch, a bug, a big brother?

JP Friend Code
    Huh?
    Blog Entries
    Writing a Virgil sheet right now. Although, I'm not familiar with him outside the Divine Comedy incarnation of him...

Execute C:\local\lib\toh.exe?
    ---
    Dreams of swallow cuts.
    ---
    summs up a lot of my ironic weeaboo circles
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    people who have waifus are necessarily mentally ill

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabuzer View Post
    Anyway, for a Servant sheet in this thread, which of the following intentionally vague options would you find most interesting: a witch, a bug, a big brother?
    A bug.

Now that we're on it, I'm writing a Zagreus sheet right now. The lack for any Dionysus or Hades sheet on this whole thread make it somewhat harder to pull off.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by venomking View Post
    abe no seimei
    Let's see, other than your usual typos, here's some comment:
    There are too many personal skills... Personally, you could just scrap off these last 3 personal skills.
    His 1st NP's rank is a bit too high, lower it to just B or B+ maybe.
    Also, his 2nd NP is basically [Exorcism the NP], so, idk, maybe remove or seal his Exorcism skill in exchange of the NP?