Page 501 of 858 FirstFirst ... 401451491496499500501502503506511551601 ... LastLast
Results 10,001 to 10,020 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    The sheet explicitly compares him to Karna, so I suppose it's fair enough.
    Do you and the others now understand why my Goliath has Battle continuation ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    Thanks ! indirect Royd Surtalogi is the Sword of Surt that started the Ragnarök ,due to this acpect it woulkd be a Anti World Hougu
    Surtalogi Ravioli Ravioli don't lewd the Jutenoli.

Surtralogi is Surtr's flame that he brings to the End of the World Party to engulf the world with, and his sword is just a sword of light and he's so fire his skin is charred black.

Basically he's a big, dumb, masochistic, pyromaniac and no, stop, please don't make him into a Servant before you think about it more in-depth without A+++ and EX parameters flying everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Is this a Lostbelt Jeanne?
    No, this is Jehanette.
    Last edited by Historia; March 30th, 2018 at 07:43 AM.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    I'm at bus, too lazy to quote on mobile

@Historia
    I don't really get it this is supposed to be AU Jeanne or something. But as far as I remember, St. Catherine sword is the same sword as La Pucelle, or this is the same sword with different effect because different experience or smth.

But as a sheet, this is really good.

@Kablisto Koga
    Ignoring TM terms and make it simple, yes. The Lostbelt Servants come from timelines that supposed to be pruned/destroyed. Because their timeline harsher than the main timeline, they are naturally stronger than ours. Not really sure if that means they simply stronger or literally have different abilities from the main timeline or similar case with Arthur and Musashi.

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Because their timeline harsher than the main timeline, they are naturally stronger than ours. Not really sure if that means they simply stronger or literally have different abilities from the main timeline or similar case with Arthur and Musashi.
    So that's why Anastasia can summon Viy? I didn't know about it

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    We really don't know, find out at 4 April

The current info is just Lostbelt>main timeline. The last bit is just my speculation.
    Last edited by Spartacus; March 30th, 2018 at 09:11 AM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Historia View Post
    =SABER=
    True Name: Jeanne d'Arc - The Maid
    I really like the sheet but it feels very disconnected from the Jeanne we know, to the point where it feels more like a different character entirely rather than a different aspect brought on by a different class.

If your intention really was ignoring Ruler completely than no problems there, my only criticism is that her sword Noble Phantasm is very uninteresting when compared to the ring, it feels weird to have a Saber whose sword isn't the main NP.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Gally’s depiction is more historical based than waifu pandering.

Blog Entries
    @Historia
    I don't really get it this is supposed to be AU Jeanne or something. But as far as I remember, St. Catherine sword is the same sword as La Pucelle, or this is the same sword with different effect because different experience or smth.
    Nah, I was just messin' with ya.

This is Lostbelt Jeanne, so to speak. You were correct. When more info is released I'll make changes accordingly. As for the sword:

Quote Originally Posted by fate apoc mats
    Noble Phantasms
    ■ La Pucelle: The Crimson Holy Virgin
    Type: Suicide attack Noble Phantasm
    Range: ???
    Maximum number of targets: ???
    A holy sword that manifest flames which uses the line of a death poem "O Lord, I entrust this body to you---" as activation incantation. A conceptual crystallization weapon that interpreted Joan's burning at the stake in an attack-like fashion. A subspecies of Reality Marble, an imagined landscape crystallized as a sword. This sword is Heroic Spirit Joan of Arc herself and after the battle in which this Noble Phantasm was manifested, Joan will be extinguished.
    St. Catherine isn't La Pucelle.

St. Catherine = a sealed Durandal.

The reason its broken in half is because Jeanne actually broke it in half herself.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanne d'arc biography site
    According to the Duke of Alençon, Jeanne’s sword was destroyed in Saint Denis, when she lanced it through the back of a prostitute, most probably after the failed attack on Paris. [...] The destruction of the sword upset everyone, who considered it to be a bad omen, and negative feelings about the Paris campaign in general were beginning to increase. Charles, who was especially superstitious, took the sword-breaking incident to mean that the attack on Paris was doomed [and] showed himself to be most displeased upon hearing that the sword had been destroyed, as amongst Jeanne’s companions, the sword was reputed as a somewhat magical weapon, and therefore its’ destruction was seen as a bad omen.
    Quote Originally Posted by from her trials
    As described by Jeanne at her trial she sent a letter to the clergy at St. Catherine de Fierbois with instructions for locating a sword at their church.

“When I was at Tours or at Chinon I sent to seek a sword which was in the church of Saint Catherine of Fierbois, behind the alter, and it was found at once all covered with rust.”

How did you know that this sword was there?

“This sword was in the earth, all rusty, and there were upon it five crosses, and I knew it by my voices…. I wrote to the prelates of the place that if they please I should have the sword and they sent it to me. It was not very deep under ground behind the alter, as it seems to me, but I do not know exactly whether it was before or behind the altar. After this sword was found, the prelates of the place had it rubbed, and at once the rust fell from it without difficulty. There was an arms merchant of tours who went to seek it, and the prelates of that place gave me a sheath, and those of Tours also, with them, had two sheathes made for me: one of red velvet and the other of cloth-of-gold, and I myself had another made of right strong leather. But when I was captured, it was not that sword which I had. I always wore that sword until I had withdrawn from Saint-Denis after the assault against Paris.”
    You know, where she broke it.

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    I really like the sheet but it feels very disconnected from the Jeanne we know, to the point where it feels more like a different character entirely rather than a different aspect brought on by a different class.

If your intention really was ignoring Ruler completely than no problems there, my only criticism is that her sword Noble Phantasm is very uninteresting when compared to the ring, it feels weird to have a Saber whose sword isn't the main NP.
    Yes, she is. Because she's Jehanette, not Jeanne. The only way that might be plausible or feasible is in Grand Order. In Lostbelts. At least that's how I see it.
    Last edited by Historia; March 30th, 2018 at 12:09 PM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I feel like A+ Charisma is a tad too high for Jeanne. I understand she was beloved and all, but A+ is the level of Gilgamesh who ruled the entire world in his lifetime. If you want to keep the A+ rank, I'd suggest swapping Charisma with some more specialized Skill specifically based on inspiration, like I'm pretty sure you had in past versions of this sheet.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    So that's why Anastasia can summon Viy? I didn't know about it
    Sorry what is Viy ?and has this Anastasia something to do with the Anastasia Romanov of our world ?

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I agree with RoydGolden. Canon Jeanne's Charisma is C, A+ seems too high.

Viy is the name of a monster that appears in a Russian terror story.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Historia
    Nah, I was just messin' with ya.
    I'm bad at this.

St. Catherine isn't La Pucelle.
    Weird, because they mentioned it here:
    https://fateapocryphathetranslation....l/glossary-ra/

To be fair tho, it just uses St. Catherine sword to activate La Pucelle, not the actual ability of the sword itself.

Oh, and I never doubt you about the whole broke the sword thing and other historical descriptions. It just I'm being nitpicky there is no mention of it at all.

Blog Entries
    Weird, because they mentioned it here:
    For those who don't like links:

Quote Originally Posted by glossary ra, apoc
    Crimson Holy Maiden. The suicide-type Noble Phantasm used by Ruler. It is a Conceptual Weapon that crystalizes one’s mental landscape. It uses the Sword of St-Catherine, which Ruler never swung once in her lifetime, as its catalyst, and manifests the flames which once burned her to death. By using this Noble Phantasm, Ruler loses her own life. But in exchange for her life, she can annihilate anything in existence.Its designated rank of C refers only to its pre-activated state while the sword is still sheathed. The EX rank after activating is because its pure destructive power cannot be calculated. These flames only destroy that which she thinks must be destroyed. In other words, this Noble Phantasm cannot be used against simply a strong enemy or out of emotions like hate.
    These flames exist in order to save something, and in the novels she decided to use this Noble Phantasm out of her sense of duty to save the future of humanity.
    Now,

To be fair tho, it just uses St. Catherine sword to activate La Pucelle, not the actual ability of the sword itself.

Oh, and I never doubt you about the whole broke the sword thing and other historical descriptions. It just I'm being nitpicky there is no mention of it at all.
    I have no idea what the actual ability of the sword itself is. Really, it has no ability. It was just found in perfect condition and was regarded as magical because of that. I tied it to Durandal because St. Catherine's sword is speculated to be Charles Martel's and Charles Martel = Charlemagne's grandfather. Also, see below:

Sword of St. Catherine Durandal
    - in perfect condition - never loses its sharpness
    - very high quality - indestructible
    - given by an angel - granted by an angel
    - five crosses - three miracles
    - symbol of faith - symbol of power
    - sword of a martyr - sword of a martyr

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Errrr, by not mentioned at all, I mean that St. Catherine being the same sword as the one used on La Pucelle. Never did I doubt you about the lore bits (I mean, I did say the sheet is good). My fault for merging different sentence on the last paragraph.

To make thing more clearer because I'm really bad at English, my only problem I have from the start till the end is: no mention on La Pucelle???

Blog Entries
    Errrr, by not mentioned at all, I mean that St. Catherine being the same sword as the one used on La Pucelle. Never did I doubt you about the lore bits (I mean, I did say the sheet is good). My fault for merging different sentence on the last paragraph.

To make thing more clearer because I'm really bad at English, my only problem I have from the start till the end is: no mention on La Pucelle???
    Really ? i ve read some of your profiles and i thought your were good at English ? How do you find my Profiles Spartakus ?

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    Really ? i ve read some of your profiles and i thought your were good at English ? How do you find my Profiles Spartakus ?
    Things like when to use the proper tenses; when to use 's' or not on non-quantifiable words such as feel/feels, thought/thoughts, etc; limited vocabulary making my sentences not as effective as I want them to be; 0 sense at reading between the lines; spell checking numerous of times manually and grammar checkers still leave my sheets as grammar mess; constant typos and many more. Which resulting in failure to express myself the way I intend to be, and generally trying to explain my intention make things more confusing than solving them such as the case above.

I don't have the right to complain about grammar, so no comment on that (I believe others already mentioned it numerously). The sheet I remember is your Goliath and I find him unjustifiably wanked. I generally very open with wanks because those are my favorite things, but things need to be explained why they get the wanks to make them works and limit the number of NPs they own.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yes, she is. Because she's Jehanette, not Jeanne. The only way that might be plausible or feasible is in Grand Order. In Lostbelts. At least that's how I see it.
    Makes sense. Well, like I said it's a good sheet and my only problem with it is the lack of focus on the sword, though what others have said about Charisma being too high is true as well.
    I was going to say that being Lostbelt I would have expected her to be even more different from the Ruler we know than she is now, but we haven't seen any Lostbelt servants besides Anastasia so who knows how different they'll be.

Blog Entries

I'm mainly reaffirming this for myself in written form. I never wrote any of this down and most the details and justifications are in my head.

By no mention of La Pucelle, you mean in the sheet itself? Well... it says it right there: the sword is a catalyst. This Jeanne abandoned her faith in favor of her fate. There's nothing to mention about La Pucelle because, for this Jeanne, invoking the name of the Lord wouldn't really do anything for her.

If I were to delve deeper about the sword (again, just jotting down random thoughts): St. Catherine was also a martyr and followed a road eerily similar to Jeanne's and kinda somewhat not really to Roland's, so you could also spin it as the sword actually being a crystallization of faith and (often tragic) fate itself. To highlight:

St. Catherine Jeanne Roland
    visited by angels at young age visited by angels at young age in service of a man regarded as a saint at young age
    went on journey of faith went on journey of faith went on journey of faith
    imprisoned and tortured; never relented imprisoned and interrogated; never relented outnumbered and mortally wounded; never relented
    executed by the sword burned at the stake died of his injury
    soul sent to Paradise soul sent to Paradise soul sent to Paradise
    martyr martyr martyr

Though Hector and Penthesilea probably don't count... both had tragic fates, too.

So, as Excalibur is the crystallization of the wishes of humanity, Jeanne's sword is its faith? Its fate? Desires?

But all that is just me reaching more than I should be and can be taken with a grain of salt. I have no idea what I'm talking about anymore, I'm just rambling nonsense at this point to be honest.

In any case, I'll probably add more to the sword in the future once I have a clearer understanding and can put it into better words. Oh, and as for the sword healing people: Jeanne was said to have healed people with her presence (as had St. Catherine herself). So there's an explanation for that.

Everything is subject to change.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I feel like A+ Charisma is a tad too high for Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    I agree with RoydGolden. Canon Jeanne's Charisma is C, A+ seems too high.
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    though what others have said about Charisma being too high is true as well.
    Note: Berserk music.

Note: appearance.

Note: bio.

See: Lostbelt.

She's basically a female Griffith without a Guts to make her forget her dream and turn Femto.
    Last edited by Historia; March 30th, 2018 at 04:47 PM.

Blog Entries
    Now i understand why i found the sword which Jeanne drew in apocrypha (Anime) somehow familiar...!

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Servant Class: Lancer of Jiangsu

Alternate Classes: Saber, Caster, Berserker

True Name: Han Xin, Peerless General of Western Han

Alignment: Neutral Good

Place of Origins: China (Qin Dynasty)

Parameters:

STR - B
    END - B
    AGI - A
    MAG - D
    LUK - D
    NP - B

- - - Thank You.

Info

Height/Weight: 187cm/79kg

Dislikes: Seafood, [Betrayal]

Talents: Making up games, Kite-flying

Natural Enemies: Xiang Yu, [Liu Bang]

Attribute: Star

Traits: Male, Humanoid, Servant, Brynhildr’s Beloved

Armament: Halberd, Sword

Catalyst: Remains of an old Xiangqi board

Skills

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance - D
    Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the developed Resistance that merely rejects magical energy, this Skill cancels the spells altogether.

Cancels Single Verse spells. Magic Resistance is the same amount to an amulet that rejects magical energy. Not only was Lancer born near the end of the Age of Gods, the lack of interactions with magecraft also contributed to its low ranking. However, Lancer doesn't seem to mind.

"With or without magecraft, I will best you all the same."

Personal Skills:

Discernment of the Poor - C-
    The insight to see through another’s character and attributes. Gained from a life of struggle and poverty, it allows one to see through the nature and attributes behind every human being -- a sort of “Street Smarts,” if you will. At this rank, a lengthy observation will reveal the targets' motives and nature.

Born in destitution and seen as both a nuisance and laughingstock throughout his years, Lancer experienced the worst of humanity, and yet remained unflinching. Even willing to crawl to avoid unneeded conflict, dignity is but a trivial thing to Lancer. He was also famous for pointing out both Xiang Yu and Liu Bang’s characters, all in tactless honesty. Ironically, because the ones closest to Lancer are responsible for his fall from grace, perception of his allies' intent will be fuzzy and unclear.

“Although pathetic, you united many through kindness and empathy while the Overlord did through power and fear. Yes -- while I may command thousands, only you alone can lead me.”

---

Sagely Officer - A++
    A vocation from the accumulation of experience and natural instincts relating to combat and strategy. Grants the user first-rate insight on the flow of combat and the means to succeed in such encounters. Be it one-on-one or battle royale, the user will always be focused and swift. Surpassing even that of Clairvoyance or Instinct, it is calculations and muscle memory ascended into a something from the height of the Age of Gods. In comparison, it can be a departure from God Force; rather than domination through Arms, it is through the Mind.

Often coined as “The Mystic General,” Lancer was known to be an unbeatable officer solely responsible for the numerous Han military victories throughout the Han-Chu Contention. From the banner trick in Jinxing to fighting Xiang Yu head-on in Gaixia, Lancer engaged with both arms and mind alike. Centuries after his death, Lancer was titled as one of the "Three Heroes of Western Han." As the general succeeded against many unfavorable odds, the effectiveness of this Skill increases if opposition is stronger than him.

“...Another victory. Another reason for my Lord to be happy."

---

Vanguard of the Stars - EX
    The unique Skill given to heroes that fought in battles that became turning points in human history. Differing from Pioneer Of The Stars, it regards those who fought to protect an existing order rather then forging a new one in the farthest horizon. All battles and challenges considered "impossible" are turned into "events that can be realized".

Leading the vanguard of the Han Army, Lancer singlehandedly conquered multiple provinces secured by generals of Chu. During a tumultuous time where the victor decides the fate of an entire nation and culture, Lancer was the tiebreaker; even a certain advisor commented, "The fate of two rulers laid in his hands." A metaphorical spearhead, Lancer effectively opened a path for the Central Nation to enter its first Golden Age -- a foundation for all future dynasties thereafter.

"...She is safe. That alone brings immeasurable joy into my heart."

---

Spoiler:

Self-Suggestion - B
    A powerful suggestion that has oneself as the target, raising resistance against mental interference.

At this rank, "I am not hurt = Pain reduced substantially" level of assumption is possible. Possess a above-average defensive effect against the effects of magecraft, Skills and Noble Phantasms that influence the mind. Even when sent into impossible battles, Lancer's one-track focus prevents any other options than to ensure the enemy's defeat. If it is for his Lord, success is all but assured. Bordering on Zealotry, the general's dedication "To my Lord" seemed to be more than just undying loyalty - - -

"In the heat of battle, only a single thing matters."

Noble Phantasms

Shí Miàn Mái Fú, Sì Miàn Chú Gē
    Shrouded by Night, Strike with Certainty

Anti-Unit~Anti-Army

“Now, let this song fill you with longing… So you may die with fond memories of home.”

The recreation of the famed “Insurmountable Stratagem” Lancer employed in the final battle of the Han-Chu Contention. Under the cover of night, Lancer's army consistently ambushed the Chu forces from all sides, concluding with a recital of their folk song to break their spirits. Within a single night, the enemy army of over 100,000 was reduced to a measly 800. Designed to break the enemies’ will to fight before delivering the coup de grâce, it is designed to be a crippling blow towards both physical and mental fortitude alike.

The Noble Phantasm first begins with Lancer whistling a small tune, imparting a stunning effect upon all those who hear it. Following that, the target will begin to suffer visual demerits as everything becomes unclear and blurred from tears. Along with the demerits, the targets gain a disadvantage when moving/evading. This is the "Sì Miàn Chú Gē" aspect -- the song of sorrow from four sides. Unless the target had purposefully deafened themselves, this aspect is unavoidable.

Meanwhile, Lancer prepares the second aspect: "Shí Miàn Mái Fú," or the unavoidable strikes. By moving in a specific rhythm, Lancer can generate afterimages of himself before landing multiple strikes to the enemy. In a great disadvantage, the opponents will be unable to differentiate the real Lancer from the illusions as they are quickly picked off by his attacks. And because this is activated by sound, this Noble Phantasm can affect multiple targets. If it wasn't for its origins, it could easily be mistaken for a top-notch assassination technique.

On another note, the tune Lancer whistles would remind the targets of their home. Predictably, this would induce a side effect of homesickness.

---

Dǐng Tiān Lì Dì, Zhàn Wú Bù Shèng
    Indomitable Promise, Trampled by Treachery

Anti-Unit (Self)

[“I hate this I hate this I hate this I hate this]

The last "gift" from Emperor Gaozu of Han, where Lancer will not be harmed by any man or weapon as long as he witness both the earth and sky. As imperial decrees of the Emperor are absolute, the general was protected from all harm coming to him during the rise of the Han Dynasty. Now manifesting as a Servant, this promise has conflated with his other title, "Zhàn Wú Bù Shèng," or Undefeated/Invincible in all battles. As both shared the concept of "Invincibility," they have fully ascended as the Will of the Son of Heaven -- an Authority of the Gods. In a fashion, this can be considered a derivative from the invincibility of the Norse God Baldur.

Although seemingly familiar to a certain Achaean champion, the Noble Phantasm is really Heaven's Authority warping a single concept of the world; replacing "Having to land the attack" with "Having failed to connect the attack." As soon an attack is about to land, the Authority alone will correct this event, and divert the attack away from Lancer. Even energy beams and projectiles will bend away should they close in on Lancer's position. No matter what manner or what direction the attack is from, the Emperor's Authority makes sure Lancer remains unharmed. To the untrained eye, it seemed Lancer is just extremely lucky.

But it is ultimately a false gift; later on, the Empress Lü Zhi had Lancer hanged with a sack over his head while being impaled by bamboo pikes wielded by her female attendants -- effectively bypassing the promise. As such, there are several loopholes for Lancer's opponents to abuse:

Between Heaven and Earth: Countered if Lancer is sent to a foreign realm -- like Reality Marbles, for instance.
    Witness Heaven and Earth: Countered if Lancer is unable to see his surroundings for any reason.
    Cannot Harmed by any Man or Weapon: Countered if the opponent is female or have attacks not using conventional weapons (i.e. Guillotine Breaker, La Pucelle, Ea.)

Should even one of these loopholes be used, the opponents can completely bypass the "gift" and damage Lancer normally. In a fashion, it is similar to a curse than a gift; a reminder of Lancer's own folly, the price of senseless loyalty. For this reason alone, Lancer can never be rid of it.

On another note, if Lancer were to face the Barbed Spear's wielder, the conflicting concepts of their respective Noble Phantasms may result in a paradox.

Lore

Within Liu Bang’s army, there are three major pillars that support it. Xiao He was its manager, Zhang Liang as the strategist, and Han Xin the commander. Out of the three, Han Xin is perhaps the most well known of them; born from the lowest of society and risen to become one of China’s greatest military figures, earning great fame but only to suffer a tragic end.

Like his lord, Han Xin shared similar beginnings — if not worse. Parentless since birth, Han Xin was forced to rely on others and selling fish to get by. Driven by the glory of generals and warriors, the young man poured his limited expense in studying books of warfare. However, many jeered at Han Xin; for what good are the arts of war during times of peace? This led to the repeated abuse inflicted upon the young man. In spite of this, Han Xin never lashed out; if one were order him to crawl between their legs or to beat him into the ground, he would withstand it. To Han Xin, this was a cold reality he accepted a long time ago. Baffled by the young man’s behavior, the villager labeled him a coward and was ostracized.

But among the crowd was a lonely old woman — perhaps out of sympathy or pity — who chose to provide for Han Xin. It was then the young man was overcome with emotions: for it was the first time someone else cared for his wellbeing. Although denying recompense, Han Xin vowed to repay her anyway.
    It was at this moment, a monster was born.

“Someday, Grandmother, I will pay you back handsomely!”

The Qin Dynasty imploded, and rebellion sparked throughout the nation. Seeing this as a chance to repay the old woman, Han Xin joined the insurgents. It was as a patrolman, did the young man meet Xiao He; seeing great talent in Han Xin, he persuaded his lord Liu Bang to enlist Han Xin as Commanding General. Once again, Han Xin was indebted to another for the reversal of fortune. Now Commanding General, Han Xin poured his gratefulness onto the battlefield. Within a year, numerous victories are earned, with Xiang Yu’s armies cleft in twain. When warned for his blind loyalty, the general replied,

"Speak no more; Han's Lord treats me with great kindness and favor. He gave me his personal carriage to use, his clothes to wear, and his food to eat. Our forefathers had said: 'When you ride another person's carriage, you will share his worry; when you wear his clothes, you should also share his worry; and when you take his food, you should do your best for him.' How can I see only my own self-interest and forget righteousness?"

After the decisive victory in Gaixia, the nation of Chu shatters, allowing the King of Han to found the Han Dynasty. Now granted the title “King of Chu,” Han Xin served as a fair administrator, rewarding the remaining soldiers who fought by his side. Moreover, he managed to return to his home and gifted the old woman a fortune for her perceived mercy.

Sadly, this is far from the story's end.

Upon witnessing the utter slaughter in Gaixia did Liu Bang — now Gaozu of Han — became terrified of Han Xin; although it can be attributed to the general's growing reputation, it is in fact something deeper. What the Emperor saw was no longer a reliable retainer, but a monster obsessed with kindness and goodwill. So obsessed, in fact, he is willing to tear through entire armies to repay such acts. No matter who he owes, he will bring recompense.

"This is bad," he shuddered at the thought. "At this rate, I might as well be hosting another Xiang Yu!"

It was no surprise that Han Xin's superior decided to undermine the general with every chance at their disposal. From hosting a fugitive to supposedly supporting a rebellion, Han Xin was slowly brought low for the feeblest of reasoning. Nevertheless, the general never complained; for he cannot turn down a friend's plight, nor will he defy his lord. After all, he still owed his Emperor the great favor, and will proceed to act as the loyal subordinate. Predictably, this only heightened Gaozu’s paranoia, leading to Han Xin's house arrest.

Taking advantage of the fear, the Empress roped Xiao He into luring the general into the capital. Upon arrival, he was bound and taken to her court. Under false charges of treason, the general was to be sent for execution.

Something finally broke inside Han Xin. Living his life for the repayment of others' goodwill, Han Xin never cared for his own position or standing. However, this sort of dedication is only found in unfeeling machines, unfit for the complexities of the human mind. Even as Han Xin's existence gravitated around this idea, his mind can only withstand so much. Upon being betrayed by the one he served, the severe conflict of emotions -- piled by past abuses -- snapped Han Xin's will.

As the guards dragged away the raving Han Xin, the Empress found only emptiness in his laughter.

"How fitting; the beasts hunt for their masters, all with blind obedience. But when there are no game to hunt, the masters will hunt their beasts."

Personality

Simple and steady -- the basis of Han Xin's disposition and mindset in two words. He is the type who favors the quiet outdoors instead of opulent parties, not really caring of politics or other machinations. Instead, Han Xin is fond of the smaller things in life; the taste of home-cooked meals, camaraderie between friends, and the fulfillment of a job well done. He appears to be at ease, willing to let the world move by.

Amidst the fields of combat, Han Xin's mindset is anything but simple. As the "Peerless General," Han Xin is arguably the ideal warrior. Obedient yet insightful when needed, he is capable of employing old and new strategies -- granting him unpredictability in battle. If the Master wanted them dead, they will die; if they are to be captured, they are secured; faithful and complacent, the general will be their spear. That said, Han Xin will take over on the strategic side should the Master prove incompetent. After all, this is to ensure the success of both Master and Servant.

It seems by showing some form of compassion to him, Han Xin starts to behave...oddly.

“Why, why, why!? I want to hate, to despise another with all my heart. Even so, why... do I still forgive him?"

A Monster of Gratitude. The hidden face of Han Xin, who is fated to slave himself to anyone he is indebted to. If it were from his Master, he would be indebted; even it were from an opponent, he would still be compelled to make up for it. However, this goes beyond simple madness; it is the ever-pervasive Origin which all life possess, whether they are aware of it or not. Even if the path of requital is the one towards his demise, Han Xin would follow it nonetheless. In a way, it isn't far-fetched to say that Han Xin is drawn to kindness, as would a moth towards flame.

Aware of this affliction, Han Xin will try to keep his distance however possible. Even if it meant degrading himself or beg for detachment, then so be it. Sadly, there is little he can do about it. If the Self-Suggestion didn't give it away, Han Xin is fundamentally warped from the start.

Due to his compulsion, Han Xin is seemingly incapable of bearing a grudge against those who treated him with empathy. No matter how much they torment the general, he would accept it without complaint. Yet the resentment is always there, unnoticeable but never absent. Even with an abnormal willpower, Han Xin can only bear so much. Especially after his backstabbing in life, the general is far less stable than before; like an infected wound, the emotion festers, gradually building up until - - -

Should that boundary be crossed, he will devolve into an existence not unlike a Berserker. With friend indistinguishable from foe, he would attack all whilst shedding tears of anger and grief. As a Master, it is best to treat him as a weapon; be distant yet authoritative, and he will execute without dissent. Should one offer compassion, beware; any acts of treachery will swiftly lead into mania.

"To live a new life without this "Shackle of Compulsion," that is my wish. Should it come to rewriting my entire being, so be it."

Extras:

(Although living a childhood of poverty and later gaining great wealth and fame, Han Xin still prefers a minimalist lifestyle. Partially due to the years in campaigning and a warrior mindset, the general isn't keen to keep needless luxuries. As such, he works badly with Servants associated with wealth and glory. If Han Xin were forced to, he would rather keep a pouch of coin instead of priceless heirlooms.)

(Is a surprisingly competent gambler. Be it cards, dice, or even mahjong, he is unpredictable for even the high-Luck Servants. Sure, his win-lose ratio is average, but he's known to quickly turn the tide when everyone else least expects it. If anything, the general just treat it as a game; nothing worth mulling over, right?
    "They claim that I'm a 'Gambling God...' Eheh.")

(Aside from his... complexities, Han Xin is severely lacking in terms of emotional development. Having no one to teach him the intricacies of sentiments, Han Xin is left rather insensitive to many things. Because of this, a parent-figure may be needed to improve his comprehension and get him out of trouble. In time, he may even consider them parents too. However, they are in risk of invoking his compulsions - - - )

(Is a fan of Sun Tzu's strategies. In fact, many of Han Xin's strategies are either based upon or straight-out taken from the strategist's Art of War. In any case, the Lancer will work excellently with Heroic Spirits associated with strategy. Likewise, setting sights upon a certain Lord would remind Han Xin of his fellow Hero Zhang Liang...)

Craft Essence/Relations

Plain Bun

A mix of rice, millet, corn and wheat.
    Nothing really special about it.
    Although given out of simple empathy,
    it changed the fate of a nation.

"...Look, all y'been getting are those small fries and I doubt you can earn enough for a night's meal.
    So quit it with the refusal and just take it.
    There we go, easier than you thought, right?
    ...Oh, wipe your tears, yer gettin' them on the bun!"

"Huh?
    Ye planning to repay me?
    Pfft, don' be silly; it's hardly anythin' special.
    Just lookin' out for another vagrant soul that's all."

"...Callin' me grandma? Heh, haven't heard that for years."

Relations:

Liu Bang: "..."

A extremely awkward encounter. In the past, Lancer would've still remain loyal to his former lord; but because of his involvement in his death the relationship is greatly strained. In Lancer's definition, while he doesn't necessarily despise him, the general still bears lingering resentment to him. If left unchecked, the Lancer may end up trying to kill the Saber. A mediator may be required should the two be on the same side. But as this iteration of Liu Bang is willing to make amends, perhaps there is hope after all...

---

Xiao He: "We meet again, Father. O-oh. Forgive me, force of habit."

The closest Lancer has to a father-figure, yet is also the one who contributed to his death. However, Lancer never really blamed the administrator; since learning that Xiao He was threatened into his role, the general can't really fault him for his actions. Upon reuniting once more, he would happily listen to the Archer and would be seen protecting him in combat. And during certain times, one can see both are more at ease.

---

Lü Bu: "Hmm!? ...Oh. What a coincidence, I had mistaken you for another person entirely. Still, the bloodlust isn't any different from 'His.'"

A uncomfortable stand-down from both sides, for both remind each other of another person in their lives. From the Flying General, it is his former comrade-in-arms Zhang Liao; both shared a absurd talent in warfare, and their intense nature in combat has put others to shame. But given their sense of loyalty is similar, Lancer is a case of concern for the Berserker. As for Lancer, Lü Bu bears uncanny similarities to the Chu Overlord Xiang Yu; the raw power, bloodlust, and fearsome reputation... Nevertheless, Lancer remains weary the warrior, for their ambitions are just as bloated.

---

Brynhildr: "That suffocating feeling inside... Do you feel it too?"

Able to relate due to a similar mentality. While the general is warped by empathy, the valkyrie is with love; should either of the two lose control, they could cause great harm to their allies. With help from another, both Lancers try to maintain control over their specific compulsions. Of course, it it comes to a point, both agreed to kill the other... if it is possible to begin with; the valkyrie may easily overwhelm the other Lancer in sheer advantage of her Skills.

---

Iskandar/Lord El-Melloi II/Tomoe Gozen: "I lost again... Pardon me, but are you willing for another rematch? I realized this is the thirteenth time in a row, but I'll improve!"

Ironically, Lancer is subpar in the field of video games. Should a co-op session be hosted, it is assured he will be the first to die. While Lancer is willing to let this pass, the idea of not being good in a fighting/strategy game irks him. As such, he has sought after the experts(?) in the field and requested them to train him to be at least an adequate level of competency. As of yet, he has yet to beat them once.
    Oddly, he seems to be going to the Archer more than the previous two...

"I realized how much time I've taken, so I must thank you greatly for the lesson. If there is anything I can do for you, mother- ...oh no..."

Notes

Platonic Bryn

Credits to Royd for the Vanguard of the Stars Skill.

This one's been sitting on my desktop for almost half a year now, but I just couldn't say "fuck it" since he's part of the Han-Chu Contention group.

According to certain anecdotes, he invented cards and shibala (Dice game) to keep the troops motivated between battles. And he was also believed to have created Xiangqi as a means to prepare battle tactics. Oh, and folks in Taiwan worships him as a God of Gambling.
    Last edited by SleepMode; May 16th, 2018 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Added Tidbits
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!