Page 384 of 389 FirstFirst ... 284334374379382383384385386 ... LastLast
Results 7,661 to 7,680 of 7761

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Quote Originally Posted by the god of world-0 View Post
    I can see fafnir in that program with the money shower
    ...Huh?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Fanfir: The FC reminds me of my Yamata-no-Orochi from way back when (reminds me of the multiple head thing I had going with Orochi as well), despite being basically the embodiment of greed I like the way you've constructed his character - he'd probably be the first Fafnir sheet that wasn't utterly detestable as a person. I also like that you made him a Saber instead of taking the easy option and just making him a transforming Berserker. Although the second sword has no real documentation that i can find, I like that you made the '+' with adding the fire breath in mind. All in all good stuff and would make a very good anti-hero/villain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    ...Huh?
    I assume he's talking about some form of TV show

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    Fanfir: The FC reminds me of my Yamata-no-Orochi from way back when (reminds me of the multiple head thing I had going with Orochi as well), despite being basically the embodiment of greed I like the way you've constructed his character - he'd probably be the first Fafnir sheet that wasn't utterly detestable as a person. I also like that you made him a Saber instead of taking the easy option and just making him a transforming Berserker. Although the second sword has no real documentation that i can find, I like that you made the '+' with adding the fire breath in mind. All in all good stuff and would make a very good anti-hero/villain.
    Yeah, I tried to make him a sympathetic anti-hero type character- wish I could have fleshed him out a little more but I'm still glad you like it.

I even thought of a story snippet of him fighting a Siegfried Alter to show his more heroic aspect, but that idea kind of died.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I tried to make him a sympathetic anti-hero type character- wish I could have fleshed him out a little more but I'm still glad you like it.

I even thought of a story snippet of him fighting a Siegfried Alter to show his more heroic aspect, but that idea kind of died.
    Fafnir may actually be my fave Saber of yours since the Nameless Crusader. Shame the snippet didn't work out, I would have been interested in reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    Fafnir may actually be my fave Saber of yours since the Nameless Crusader. Shame the snippet didn't work out, I would have been interested in reading it.
    Wow, I'm actually really glad you liked it that much! I might still write up the snippet sometime (I need some way to get back into creative writing), but I'm not sure if I should post it here or a separate thread.

Also, out of curiosity how do you think my Fafnir would get along with your Gudrun or Orochi Servants?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Wow, I'm actually really glad you liked it that much! I might still write up the snippet sometime (I need some way to get back into creative writing), but I'm not sure if I should post it here or a separate thread.

Also, out of curiosity how do you think my Fafnir would get along with your Gudrun or Orochi Servants?
    Lets see...

Gurdrun: She'd probably have nothing against him personally but as Sigurd went out to slay him they're on opposing sides by default as she'd stick with him. They'd probably have some sort of affinity as she devoured his heart but... it's up to interpretation I think.

Orochi: Dragons are very proud creatures and Orochi was among the pinnacle of his kind in Japan who even Susanoo waited till he was asleep to kill. My guess is Orochi and Fafnir would be butting heads against each other (quite literally) on principal to prove superiority. Fafnir would go on about his horde while Orochi would be bragging about his power (meanwhile Orochimaru is hiding in the corner taking notes)

SABAKU NO WA ORE NO STANDO DA! massive_jojo_reference's Avatar
    In the land of attack helicopters free from oppresion
    Another Japanese Swordsman, These are my speciality it seems.
    Faceclaim (blantantly stolen from final fantasy ik)

Class: Saber
    Weapon: Katana
    H/W: 178cm/75kg
    Real Name:上泉伊勢守藤原信綱 (Kamiizumi Ise-no-kami Fujiwara-no-Nobutsuna)
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Natural Enemy: Tsukahara Bokuden (more of a worthy rival)

STR: C-
    AGI: B+
    END: C+
    MANA: D
    LUCK: C

Class Skills

Magic Resistance: C
    Cancels spells below two verses. Cannot defend against Magecraft of High Thaumaturgy and greater rituals level

Riding: D
    He was never known to ride a horse, But since samurai are naturally adept horsemen, his skill is raised by 1

Personal Skills

Nothingness: A
    The Highest order a swordsman can attain.
    It correspends to the Suigetsu of the Yagyuu shinkage-Ryuu (which the saber is very founder off)
    One is nothing, Thus invincible. Only a swordsman that has reached infinite mental state can achieve this.

Swordmaster of the land of samurai: B-
    The skill given to heroic spirits (primarily Samurai) Who have revolutionized kenjutsu, Allows saber to counter any sword technique just from seeing it and gives him a slight bonus against heroic spirits that use western swordfigthing techniques.

Charisma: D-
    When he founded He the school of swordmanship, he succesfully gathered many disciples, He had a total of 84 disciples when he went to kyoto, and later had hundreds of disciples all across japan.

Noble Phantasms

Shinai-Bushi
    The sword not meant for killing
    (C) (Anti-Gate)
    Amongs other things, Saber invented the Bamboo sword, So that While dueling, Samurai wouldn't needlesly hurt themselves, It does little in terms of harm but it has the upside of being indestructable and lowers the durability of anything it hits expect people or heroic spirits.

Yagyuu-Shinkage Ryuu
    The new shadow of the kenjutsu
    (A) (Anti-Fortress)
    Perhaps This is the saber's most famous Deed, His Foudning of the Yagyuu-Shinkage Ryuu School of kenjutsu, It is a school that revolutionized kensjutsu in such a way that it became what it is in the modern world, It Takes form of a 6'1 Feet (185cm) long Katana that gives of a an aura of Red and Black, Whilisting being wielded, it will grant him knowledge of all Eastern Kenjutsu Styles in existence, however it depletes all of saber's mana in the matter of 1 minute if his master isn't close, and can last for a maximum of 1 Hour in real world.

Personality
    Apart from his Slightly Taciturn nature, Nothing can really be known about his personality. Like many samurai of his time, He has a hotblooded nature, But he only shows it during fighting. He Despises Tsukahara bokuden for his Apperantly foolish ''no hands style of swordsmanship'' But also respects him because of his great skill, He would consider him a worthy rival if they ever met.

Bio
    Kamiizumi Ise-no kami Fujiwara-no-Nobutsuna, otherwise just known as Kamiizumi Nobutsuna Was a Japanese swordsman and a founder of Shingake-Ryuu school of swordmanship,
    In his early life, He studied nen-ryuu, Shinto-ryuu and kage-ryuu which would become his inspirations for Shinkage-Ryuu
    He served as a general to uesugi kenshin before moving to kyoto
    He met Yagyuu Munetoshi, an aspiring swordsman who became his disciple, Thet both then went to kyoto do demonstrate his swordmanship to shogun Ashikaga Yoshiteru, Who declared his school of swordsman ship unparalleled in the land, His school Became on of the most respected schools of swordsmanship in entirety of japan, and he had hundreds of disciples all across japan.

In regards to grail

Saber is idiferent when it comes to grail. He considers it merely a thing, and doesn't care about it, But his wish would probably be to be made immortal and to keep spreading the knowledge of shinkage ryuu accros the world/
    Last edited by massive_jojo_reference; September 16th, 2017 at 01:07 PM.

Nobutsuna: Interesting sheet, but feels kind of sparse in parts. It'd help to include more detail in his Skills, since as of now it's not at all clear what the first two actually do. And I'm reading things correctly his NP seems to actually hinder rather then help him, since it has no special effects other then being unable to cut certain opponents. I like the lightsaber katana visual, though.

吸血鬼 Vampire
    So I'm not sure you understand what Charisma means here.

It isn't in the sense that D&D portray it, as how much your character can command attention and respect. Super sensei skills and credentials.

Here it denote how well your character commands a large group of people. Actual leadership skills.

C Rank in Charisma means you are able to lead a whole army effectively. That's thousands or tens of thousands of men.

Even granting he eventually had that many simultaneous students he never lead them all at once for anything.

C Rank Charisma is the very limit of what he could achieve and even that is questionably wanking it.

C++? Completely absolutely unwarranted.

I also like how apparently for you Japan is the only part of the "Eastern World".
    Last edited by Theoneandonlyz; September 14th, 2017 at 09:13 PM.

somewhere on some continent, in some random city of some merit.
    Hey has any one done manifest destiny as a servant? I know that an event wouldn't useuillly be capable of become ing a servant but it's something I want to try rather then a hero who repesents and event, a servant who actually is the event you get what I'm saying or would that be to much of a stretch?

Quote Originally Posted by venomking View Post
    Hey has any one done manifest destiny as a servant? I know that an event wouldn't useuillly be capable of become ing a servant but it's something I want to try rather then a hero who repesents and event, a servant who actually is the event you get what I'm saying or would that be to much of a stretch?
    Manifest Destiny seems like a pretty abstract idea to make into a Servant, so I wouldn't recommend it honestly. The closest I can recall was Ail Don's Columbia, who was a personification of America with a Skill based on Manifest Destiny. If you're really set on the idea you could even try writing up a John L. Sullivan Servant, since he was the one who coined the phrase to begin with. (That said, I highly doubt the guy could be a Heroic Spirit)

Yea, if it's just one idea, if I was going to do an event I'd probably do the American revolution(so that I can take endof monarchy from George that way it can still exist and makes sense) and do pretty much what you did with your Brittan servant, the exemption being instead of representing a country it it represents the event.

and do pretty much what you did with your Brittan servant, the exemption being instead of representing a country it it represents the event.
    I'm... pretty sure I didn't do a Britain Servant?

JP Friend Code
    616288630 pls pm
    US Friend Code
    382482636 your ign
    Blog Entries
    Never knew Kenshin have an ultra swordsmen become her vassal, good job man. Since most of Sengoku period books focus more on the general achievements more than their badassary, so he rarely mentioned in those books.

Support JP (05/07/2017)
    Tell me if you want a Medb or Quetz for Rider, or...
    ASS : No, can you change the Saber slot with the superior Seibaface pls-
    Go run over yourself to spiked wall or some blades or something

SABAKU NO WA ORE NO STANDO DA! massive_jojo_reference's Avatar
    In the land of attack helicopters free from oppresion
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoneandonlyz View Post
    So I'm not sure you understand what Charisma means here.

It isn't in the sense that D&D portray it, as how much your character can command attention and respect. Super sensei skills and credentials.

Here it denote how well your character commands a large group of people. Actual leadership skills.

C Rank in Charisma means you are able to lead a whole army effectively. That's thousands or tens of thousands of men.

Even granting he eventually had that many simultaneous students he never lead them all at once for anything.

C Rank Charisma is the very limit of what he could achieve and even that is questionably wanking it.

C++? Completely absolutely unwarranted.

I also like how apparently for you Japan is the only part of the "Eastern World".
    The eastern world part... Well i needed a good name for a skill so i went with some nasuspeak there and there. I was reffering to eastern world as a whole rather than just japan but also reffered to japan in some parts

I also put the charisma back to C since i was stupid, but the ability to get a total of 84 disciples sounds amazing no. charisma denotes one's charm and the ability to unify an army or a country (or in Nobutsuna's case, Students), kid gil also has charisma (At A+ for god's sake) and afaik he didn't lead any armies.

Nobutsuna: Interesting sheet, but feels kind of sparse in parts. It'd help to include more detail in his Skills, since as of now it's not at all clear what the first two actually do. And I'm reading things correctly his NP seems to actually hinder rather then help him, since it has no special effects other then being unable to cut certain opponents. I like the lightsaber katana visual, though.
    The first skill is supposed to make one invincible according to Wiki but i don't know since its not very well explained, Musashi Has it at A+ rank but since its a skill derived from the kenjutsu school nobutsuna founded, i gave him an EX in that skill

The second one is bassicaly an ability to automatically adapt to counter any other style of fencing and combat.
    Last edited by massive_jojo_reference; September 15th, 2017 at 08:20 AM.

yea you did, in fact you had an image of artoria as the pick
    for it, since i guess she represented briatn or something like that

- - - Updated - - -

or maybe that was, that user with the bearded saber. its been a while since i saw it.

yea you did, in fact you had an image of artoria as the pick
    for it, since i guess she represented briatn or something like that

- - - Updated - - -

or maybe that was, that user with the bearded saber. its been a while since i saw it.
    Definitely wasn't me, and I doubt it was Funderful either, though I do remember seeing a sheet like that in Modern Fiction.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, here it is. A pretty cool idea, too bad it's so sparse and unfinished...

Being Jetlagged is Suffering. SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    “Hiiiiyyyyoooo~ The greatest Saber, Liu Bang has arrived! Hmmm… Yo, Master, I’m starvin’ right now; so why don’t we go and eat? Don’t worry - if I’m lucky, we might eat for free.”

Servant Class: Saber

Alternate Classes: Rider, Caster

True Name: Liu Bang/Liu Ji, Red Dragon’s Scion

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Place of Origin: China (Qin Dynasty)

Parameters:

Strength - C+
    Endurance - C
    Agility - B+
    Mana - B
    Luck - A+
    N.
    Phantasm - B+

Info

Height: 171cm

Weight: 65kg

Dislikes: Working, Reading, Smug scholars

Talent: Making friends

Natural Enemy: Emperor Gaozu of Han, Qin Shihuang, Kiyohime, William Shakespeare, Xiang Yu

Attribute: Sky

Traits: Servant, Humanoid, Male, Draconic, Divine

Armament: Normal Jin and Ch Xiāo(Noble Phantasm)

Catalyst: Fang of the White Serpent

Background

Emperor Gaozu of Han was the founding emperor of the Han Dynasty, after usurping the failing Qin along with his fellow dissenters. In turn, he created the longest-lasting dynasty in the history of China. To this day, a majority of the country's citizens still refer to themselves as “Hnz,” or the Han Chinese.

But before Gaozu, there was a peasant nobody named Liu Bang.

Liu Bang was from the village of Fengyu, where he was said to be born after his mother witnessed a dragon hovering beside her during a rainstorm. As he grew up, he was something of the village rascal; lazy, hates reading and managed to get him into trouble countless times. Despite that, he possessed a certain charm that allowed him to befriend many; namely the famous Xiao He and Cao Shan, who covered for him when he was a patrol officer. It was said that Liu Bang once saw Qin Shihuang during the latter’s inspection tours in Xianyang; as the First Emperor’s convoy passed him, the youth exclaimed in awe,

“Woah! This is how a great man should be!”

The young man’s fate took a turn when some of the convicts he was escorting to build the Emperor's mausoleum escaped. Knowing that loosing convicts was a capital crime, Liu Bang took the risk and released the rest before running with them. Touched by his kindness, most of the criminals joined Liu Bang and became a group of outlaws. Together, this motley crew of fools managed to slay a great white serpent, which marked Liu Bang’s fate as a man destined for greatness.

After several years living on Mangdang Mountain, the Dazexiang Uprising began; the Qin Empire is failing, and many desired to overthrow the dynasty. After a “complication” with the Magistrate of Pei, Liu Bang became the Duke of Pei, before joining in on the rebellion against Qin. It was there that he met his friend/rival/leader Xiang Yu, who raced him to overtake Guanzhang, the heartland of the Qin Empire. Within two years, Liu Bang successfully occupied the Qin capital Xianyang - toppling the Qin Dynasty completely. Because he was first to take over Guanzhang, the rebellion dubbed Liu Bang the “King of Guanzhang.”

Even though Liu Bang was rightfully won the title, his former friend Xiang Yu became resentful of him. After splitting the Qin empire apart into 18 different kingdoms, Liu Bang was moved to the remote Bashu region, with his title changed to the “King of Han.” At this, their relationship soured to the point where both fought each other in a 5-year battle for supremacy that was the Han-Chu Contention; where the two armies fought each other viciously while conquering the 16 other states. Despite multiple defeats, Liu Bang prevailed after Xiang Yu’s suicide during the decisive Battle of Giaxia. Afterwards, the kingdom of Chu surrendered and all of the states was unified under Liu Bang.

Although reluctant, Liu Bang was crowned as Emperor Gaozu, founding the Han Dynasty. During his reign, Gaozu lowered the taxes of the populace, simplified and lightened Qin’s draconian laws, spread Confucianism, and forged peace with the Xiongu via political marriages. Despite the good Gaozu has done to China, however, it came at the price of five of his seven trusted friends who he killed out of fear of revolt; it was said to his death, Gaozu rejoiced and grieved for their deaths. Even his personal life was plagued with intrigue and blood, as his Empress L Zhi and Consorts fought to have their children be the successor for the throne.

However, the aging Gaozu was wounded by an stray arrow and became bedridden from the resulting infection for months. Although the infection can be cured, the delusional Gaozu denied treatment, claiming:

“Isn't it Heaven's will that I managed to conquer this empire in simple clothing and with nothing but a sword? My life is determined by Heaven. It is useless even if the legendary Bian Que is here!"

In 195, Gaozu finally passed away, leaving Liu Ying as successor. The Han Dynasty will eventually endure for another 419 years, marking it as the longest reigning Dynasty in Chinese history.

Personal Traits

Strangely, Saber doesn’t take form as Gaozu, Emperor of the Han; but rather as Liu Bang, the brash but clever rebel upstart who is on his path to become the Founder of the Han Dynasty.

Despite being the one who founded the Han Dynasty, Liu Bang is definitely not a good role model. For one, he is exceptionally lazy; if it’s anything other than eating, fighting or flirting, then it’s near impossible to convince the rebel do follow through anything else of his own volition. Even asking to lead would take effort, as Liu Bang isn't interested in it. Because he despises reading with a passion, Liu Bang can be a bit air-headed and impatient regarding scholarly topics like poetry or literature. Liu Bang will act like other people's big brother and acts informally; meaning risks of revealing his True Name is always there. How in the world did he manage to charm many is a miracle in of itself.

His immaturity aside, Liu Bang is a natural-born leader. Because of his humble birth, the rebel has a deeper understanding of the common folk and will always look to improve their lives. Although Liu Bang isn't that bright, he makes up for it with his valor and charm; when the rebel wanted something done, he will assemble the best of the best and lead them to absolute success. In addition to his charms, Liu Bang also knows how his friends tick; as such, he will make sure they're respected and are satisfied. Liu Bang is also capable of learning from mistakes, as it was proven when he was about to abolish Confucianism, his friend Xiao He read the philosophy to him and gained respect for the famous scholar’s works.

Claiming that because that he was summoned at his youth, Liu Bang does not have any recollection as the Emperor of the Han Dynasty.

“‘Xiang Yu?’ Oh, the bloke was such a ass-ah-uh-uh-I mean an awesome guy; we’re the best companions-slash-rivals you’ll ever see!”

That’s a lie. As a Heroic Spirit, Liu Bang remembers everything from beginning to end; like how he and his friends drifted apart, and how they were killed to ensure the security of the Han Dynasty. Although his intuition was mostly correct, Liu Bang wondered if there were a better way instead of resorting to such drastic measures. Knowing his neglect of his wife/empress also caused the L Clan Disturbance doesn't make it any better either. Perhaps, this is why Liu Bang took form in his younger years; for it was a simpler time where politics and intrigue are far from their minds.

Fueled by personal failings, Liu Bang desires a “what-if,” a possibility to resolve both his friends’ supposed defection and the neglect of his wife. While Liu Bang never regretted his time as emperor, he wondered if there was a better outcome to those unfortunate events.

Extras:

(Really appreciates the works of his wife L Zhi… and is also terrified of her as a result. Despite being an arranged marriage, L Zhi diligently supported Liu Bang, even when he went in hiding with the convicts. Even as Empress, L Zhi was an excellent administrator and diplomat; greatly helping her husband in terns of workload. However, she can be too diligent; her habit of offing nobles and consorts for either trying to betray or getting close to Liu Bang is kind of unsettling.
    “O-on the plus side, she can be kind of cute at times…”)

(Knowing his limits, Liu Bang understood the values of ‘United we stand.’ As such, he’ll try to befriend everyone he meets. Although connections are a powerful asset in the East, Liu Bang genuinely treasured the bonds he shared. This may be why the deaths of his former compatriots haunted him. Strangely, Xiang Yu is an exception…)

(A known braggart, Liu Bang can talk about his achievements at a tavern for hours on end - whether it's true or false is another matter entirely. As an result, he can either be "Everyone's Best Friend" or "Everyone's Worst Enemy" in such an easy manner.)

Craft Essence/Relations

The Sparrow Defeats the Phoenix
    It's weird for me to go all poetic, yes; but it kind of sums up me against that sorry excuse of a hero Xiang Yu.

Not that I'm much better, though.

Oh, I'm very aware that I'm nothing who started at nothing. As such, I'm very much afraid - of many things, in fact.
    Fearing for my life when it became impossible to complete the journey to the Mausoleum. Fretting about the possibility that one of my followers may turn against me in desperation. Paranoid that the ever-invincible Xiang Yu will crush us to the ground. But I stood cool and confidant, trying my damnedest to get the best out of the worst. And because of my friends and a large amount of Luck, the world was in my grasp.

When my generals claimed that they won't fear death if it were to serve me, I rebuked them with a single statement. The notion was ridiculous; only a madman can truly be stoic in the face of certain death. I told them they may not be afraid, but their leader certainly does. ...My point? If there was one thing I can honestly be proud of in midst of History's Bests, is that I am the most human of them all. So be afraid, Master; for it is what keeps us human.

---

Relations with Other Servants:

Jing Ke: "Heehee, so you're the one who's got the balls to shank the Emperor? Well, failed attempt or not - you just earned yourself a party! Don't worry, the drinks are on me!"

Gaius Julius Caesar: "...Huh. Despite all the comparisons, I'm really not seein' the similarities between us."

Xiang Yu (Enemy): "...Guess I can't act my way out of this, can I? I suppose there is no alternative except my ultimate technique... Running Away!"

Toyotomi Hideyoshi: Kindred spirits due to similar circumstances in life. At least until he transforms into his older form via Noble Phantasm. Because the older form of Hideyoshi is everything Liu Bang stood against, expect them to turn into bitter foes.

Skills

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance - B
    Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the developed Resistance that merely rejects magical energy, this Skill cancels the spells altogether.

Cancels spells with chants three verses or below. Even High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals will hardly affect Liu Bang. Because of having blood relation to the Red Dragon, an incarnation of the God-Farmer Shennong, he has ample resistance against magecraft. In turn, the rebel is susceptible against "Anti-Dragon" attacks. Additionally, this Skill will be useless when the magecraft involved is "Anti-Dragon," assuming that's possible.

Riding - N/A
    The ability to ride mounts and vehicles. While this Skill covers all beasts and vehicles, dragons are an exception.

Somehow, this Skill is nullified. According to Liu Bang:

“A true commander shouldn’t ride above his allies! He should be on his own two feet, leadin’ the charge to the enemy!”

…The truth is that he has a D-rank in this Skill, and believes a good excuse is a better alternative than a low-ranking Skill.

Personal Skills:

Charisma - C+
    A composite Skill consisting of a person's charm as well as the natural talent to command or unify an army or country. Increases the ability of allies during group battles.

Although Liu Bang cannot lead a entire country in this form, he is able to expertly gather and lead a ragtag group of a couple thousand farmers and make them act like a cohesive and disciplined unit. And because of his friendliness, Liu Bang is able to easily attract capable individuals to him with just conversations alone. It was said that Liu Bang was so popular with the common people that when he shot arrows with messages to rally behind him attached, the citizens immediately overthrew Pei’s magistrate and allowed him to become the Duke of said city.

…However, it may take a while to convince others that he’s not too drunk to fight.

“I may not be good in strategies as Zhang Liang, money-wise as Xiao He or valiant as Han Xin... But I have the voice and charm to employ these three men with heroic qualities, and gained possession of this world!”

Fearless Coward - A
    A self-contradictory Skill that shifts its effects depending on the situation. Reserved for those that displayed unparalleled bravery in their highest and showed base cowardliness during their lowest. Should the user be at an advantageous position against an enemy, they receive a boost in Strength and bonuses on physical-based actions. However, if the opposite happens then the user gains a boost in Agility and bonuses in eluding their target. If the user and their opponent are at equal footing, then the Skill will not activate.

Known to be a stubborn individual, Liu Bang is driven to accomplish anything despite ridicule or defeat... most of the time. Although there were other officers more capable than him, the rebel didn’t care; if his friends were risking their lives for him, then he would risk his own in turn. As such, it was common for him to lead the charge during battles. If Liu Bang were at a disadvantage, however, he was quick to pull everyone into retreat. When Xiang Yu pursued Liu Bang and co., he immediately took a carriage and ran away with his family and adviser. He was even desperate enough to temporarily push his children off the chariot. Throughout the Han-Chu Contention, he met loss after loss; but despite that, he gradually earned the love of the people and eventually defeated Xiang Yu during the Battle of Giaxia.

"I may lose and retreat a hundred times, but a single victory is all it takes...!"

Yn D’s Blessings - A-
    A gift for those who possessed the blood of Shennong, the God-Farmer of legend. The one who pioneered techniques such as slash-and-burn, and his self-experimentation on hundreds of medical and poisonous herbs imparted vital knowledge to the first people. Although he died tragically after a failure to ingest an antidote in time, he was hailed as an hero of mankind despite his divine nature.

For those who bear the blood of Yn D, they gain the ability to harness the power of flames, resist poisons, and knowledge of healing techniques. A combination of mid-ranking Divinity, Mana Burst (Flame), Poisonproof, and Medical Procedures. However, Medical Procedures is absent for Liu Bang due to his personality. And because of his unique method of conception, Liu Bang is automatically receives more damage from "Anti-Dragon" attacks.

Although most would claim relations to Huangdi, Liu Bang boasted being a descendant of the Red Dragon, an incarnation of Shennong, after learning his heritage from slaying the White Serpent. Given that Shennong was the progenitor to all farming techniques and medicine, it's no wonder that Liu Bang was loved by the common folk. Perhaps this is also why Liu Bang managed to survive for so long despite his infection… and how he can drink so much wine during his life.

“My birthright, huh? …Guys, I know what we’re doin’ next!”

Noble Phantasms

Lngyǐng
    Proof of Future Greatness

Anti-Unit (Self)

“It ain’t one of those punchin’ ghosts, but it’s better than nothin’.”

A Noble Phantasm stemming from accounts about Liu Bang possessing a “aura” of someone destined for great things throughout his life. Not only was Liu Bang believed to have a dragon-like appearance, it was said that there was a dragon protecting him in the form of a shadow. This shadow was apparent when Liu Bang sleeps, where it seemingly wraps around his form protectively. Now taking form as a literal dragon-like entity, Liu Bang has the ability to conjure his shadow into a Chinese Lng, going as long as around 13 meters in length.

Like some sort of guardian spirit, the entity automatically manifests to protect the rebel from all harm; from taking an otherwise fatal attack to stopping him from overdrinking. And assuming one manages to slay the projection, it will reappear after half a minute or so. But because it is not a true Phantasmal Beast, the shadow-dragon is unable to breathe flames. Additionally, when it is temporarily defeated, Liu Bang's Luck parameter will suffer a demerit until its regeneration.

Ch Xiāo
    Incomplete Sovereignty, Sealed in Rust and Rot

Anti-Army

“Trust me, this IS a legendary blade forged by an immortal! It’s just a little… rusty, that’s all!”

The blade wielded by Liu Bang, even before he ran away with his convicts - well, sort of. One day he got a rotten steel rod from an immortal living in Nanshan Mountain, and named it Chi Xiao. Despite ridicule from those around him, Liu Bang wielded the “sword” with pride. Later, when he and the convicts encountered the White Serpent, the drunken Liu Bang fought and cleaved it in half before passing out. Upon waking up, he found a crimson sword, with the words “Chi Xiao” written upon it, replaced the rod. Afterwards, he learned from a mysterious old woman that the Serpent was the son of the White Emperor… and the one who killed him was the son of the Red Emperor.

Normally, this Noble Phantasm would’ve taken form as its default straightsword form. But because Liu Bang forced himself into a younger form, the sword was also reverted back to a crude red-steel rod; as a result, it lost all of its qualities as the Sword of Sovereignty. Less of a rod and more of a club, it can crush armor with ease. Aside from being used to smash around, the “sword” can wreath itself in flames and can deal extra damage, thanks to Yn D's Blessings.

Although weakened, the “sword” became something entirely different from the Sword of Sovereignty; instead, it is the symbol of the birth of a new age. Upon invoking the NP’s True Name, a miniature cyclone will envelop the “sword.” Combined with Mana Burst (Flame), the cyclone will be charged with searing flames of the Red Emperor. With a downward smash, the ground erupts in a massive explosion of flame, followed by razor-sharp winds carrying the flames forward in a conical spread; mimicking the Slash-and-Burn technique used by farmers to clear forests for new farmland and revitalize old ones. And like how a prosperous new age is reborn from the ashes of the old, the ashes left behind grants a healing effect to all nearby. Wake up and smell the ashes indeed.

This is a digression, but assuming the “blade” comes in contact with potent venom or other dangerous substances, there's a chance that it may be reformed back into the Sword of Sovereignty…

Notes:

Finally got the formatting right.

Took nearly a month, but I finally made arguably my favorite figure in Chinese history. He may not be heroic, one cannot deny his shrewd mindset and charisma to lead, which led to him founding the Han Dynasty. Honestly, he's not so different from Hideyoshi...
    Last edited by SleepMode; September 17th, 2017 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Changed effects of 1st NP

吸血鬼 Vampire
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepMode View Post
    Liu Bang
    Hey it's Liu Bang! I guess this is the Lily version sorta kinda?

He's no Liu Xiu but still infinitely better than Liu Bei.

The skills and alcoholism add some nice flavor.

I'm now tempted to try making this Liu Xiu Rider I got a idea for. It's better than running up against wall on that Bai Suzhen/White Snake sheet I'm struggling to pull out.

Behold, my most insane concept yet!

Source: [X]
    Class: Archer
    Alternate Class: Caster, Rider
    True Name: Zeus / Tom Swift / Jack Cover. For simplicity's sake, he prefers to go by Tom Swift.
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Origin: Mythology/ Tom Swift series of novels/ Historical Facts
    Region: Greece / America

STR: D
    END: C
    AGI: B
    MAN: C
    LUC: A
    NP: B

Height/Weight: 190cm/130kg
    Dislikes: Hubris, Breaking the Law of Hospitality
    Talent: Creation of Pseudo-Technological Wonders
    Attribute: Earth
    Traits: Human, Divine

Class skills:

Magic Resistance:
    (D+)
    Measures one's capability in defending against attacks or weapons containing magical properties. It is a different skill from resisting magical energy, as it cancels spells all-together. At this rank, Single-Action spells are cancelled. It is at the same degree as an amulet that rejects magical energy.
    Two of the components of Archer's existance were born in an age where almost all magic has long fade away. As such, they have never met any magic in their life and thus he possess a low rank in this skill. While Zeus's influence has slighly increased the skill, the fact that his "core identity" is that of Tom Swift keep it low. On the upside, thanks to his association with electricity, protection against lightning-based magic is boosted.

Independent Action: (A)
    The ability to remain independent even when rejecting the Magical Energy supply from one's Master. At higher ranks, it is also possible to remain for extended periods of time in this world without an established contract. . At this rank, it is possible for a Servant to stay in the world for about a week without a Master. However, to use Noble Phantasms , backup from the Master is necessary.
    Even at a young age, Tom Swift constanly went alone on perilous adventures, rejecting the need for guidance from an adult. Zeus was also greatly wandering, frequently abandoning both his duty as the king of gods and his wife Hera to mingle on Earth. It seems that both these anecdotes have managed in Archer gaining a high rank in this skill.

Personal skills:

Science Hero:
    (B)
    A skill reflecting the litterary archetype of the same name: a character who trough their own genius alone, create wondrous invention far beyond the technology of their time periods. In some case, it has been shown that these so-called "impossible device" where oddly rather accurate predictions of future technology, such as Tom Swift's own Electronic Rifle, which inspired the creation of the Taser by Jack Cover. As such, it cannot be said to be "inventing machine using scientific knowledge" but rather "recreate something that will be invented in the future". As such, a possesser of this skill will make amazing wonders no matter the time period in wich they are summoned in. In the case of the 21th century, one can even create things from Science Fiction such has forcefield or anti-gravity device. However, due to the fact that such creations are far too advanced compared to present knowledge, they cannot be reproduced by normal scientist. Plus, due to stemming from a subconscious knowledge of the future and not from scientific skills, their inner workings cannot be explained properly.
    Indeed, Tom Swift was described in his novels to possess no formal education beside high school, wich is why he cannot ever be called a scientist, but is rather an "intuitive wonder-maker". He seems to be prone to creating objects similar in fonction to artifacts described in greek myth, such as Invisibility Helmets or "Guiding Thread" made of pure light. However, due to not being summoned as a Caster, his creations will always pale before equivalent magic items

Innovation- Safe Arrest : (C)
    A special Skill given to heroes who brought about innovation to their eras. In Archer's case, it refers to his introduction of the Taser, Jack Cover's invention, in the equipment used by police forces around the world. Tough it seems rather small compared to other Innovations in history, one cannot deny that it did lead to a sharp decline in suspect injuries since its introduction. And any innovation, no matter how small, deserve to be immortalised. Or at least that's Archer's justification for this skill.
    As such, Archer possess the ability to "defeat one's foes trough the least injuries" possible. In other world, he will almost always find a way do defeat his foes without hurting them too much. Indeed, the only way he wouldn't be capable of non-lethally dispatching a foe would be if he was trapped in a fight where "death is the only option" on a conceptual level. This skill is useful when capturing enemies for interrogation or when Archer really doesn't want to hurt the person he's fighting (mostly when the foe is a pretty woman).

Charisma: (A+)
    A Skill consisting of a person's charm as well as the natural talent to command or unify an army or country. Increases the ability of allies during group battles. At this point it is no longer popularity or skill, but rather a kind of spell (curse) in itself. An army led by him will have a tremendous increase in abilities.
    Zeus was the King of Gods in greek mythology, and tough he frequently made human errors, he was still deeply respected and/or feared by all during his reign. Due to the fact that this skill stem from his personality and not from any supernatural powers, it is one of the few element of his identity that he didn't manage to seal away. If asked why a simple adventurer from a novel possess this skill, Archer's response would be "there was a really obscure book where I became king of a tribe of underground people" or some other pathetic excuse like that.

God Divine Core: (B)
    A Skill that expresses one being a perfected god from birth. A composite Skill that comprises the Skill Divinity, preserves the absoluteness of the mind and the body, repels all mental interference, prevents the body from growth and prevents the figure from change no matter how much calories are absorbed.
    Even after suppresing most of his powers behind the identity and powers of "Tom Swift", Zeus can't fully supress his divine nature, tough his fusion with two phantoms have indeed lowered his rank in this skill. If the opponent where to discover his protection against interference, he would pass of this skill as a kind Immune System Nanites that he would pretend to have created shortly after he was summoned. If they discovered his Divinity, however, he wouldn't even attempt to make excuses and just flat-out admit his true nature.

Noble Phantasm(s)

Taser
    Thomas A. Swift's Electric Rifle

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1
    Max. Target: 1

At first glance, this Noble Phantasm appears to be a simple amalgation of the Taser, Jack Clover's invention, and its influence, the electric rifle used by Tom Swift in the novel of the same name. It is an electroshock weapon primarily designed for non-lethally arresting criminals. It fires dart energized with electricity, designed to paralyses any target that it touches. Tough the weapon designed by Jack Clover need the darts to be attached and limit them to a number of two, the addition of the fictional device remove this limitation and allow Archer to shoot as many as he like. They provoke a intense paralysis effect on any enemy they touch. Weaker ones are immediately knocked out while those possessing an higher Endurance may continue to move only with a malus to dexterity. It serves as Archer's primary weapon and seems like a rather weak Noble Phantasm, as beffiting of one wielded by an amalgation of Phantoms. However, it hide an immense power...

Taser Keravns
    Anger of the Thunder God

Type: Anti-Fortress
    Range: 1-99
    Max. Target: 400

In truth, like its original owners was fused with a Divine Spirit, the taser was combined with a Divine Construct wielded by Zeus- the Thunderbolt. The Thunderbolt was given to Zeus by the Cyclops, brothers of the titans, that he released from Tartarus. It was a mighty weapon that represented his Divine Authority over lightning and thunder. Even now that its form has changed, its might stay the same, just hidden under a weaker aspect.

To unleash its true power, Archer call upon its True Name and launch a single dart toward the sky. The entirety of the sky within the range will then be darkened by thousands of storm cloud. These cloud will then unleash a veritable fury of lightning upon all of Archer's enemy, almost always annihilating them. Indeed, as Zeus possess authority over all of the world's thunder, so can Archer theorically summon an infinite number of lightning whose might are far superior than any of their normal brethen. Even Archer's own Innovation skill cannot stop the foes that are struck by these from dying, as during the attack, he temporarily cast away the mortal aspect he adopted to truly embrace his role as God of Lightning. Indeed, Archer's identity as Zeus become obvious to any who sees him use all of his might, and he cannot hope to hide it from them any longer.

But that is generally not a problem, as few enemy Servants are capable of withstanding Zeus's power at full power.

Aegis
    Closed Seal, Temple of Light

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1-10
    Max. Target: 1

A shield that Zeus is often described as using, wich bear the head of the Gorgon, and was gifted to him by his daughter Athena who had herself gotten it from Perseus, the slayer of the beast. If he were to be summoned in his "true" form, it would without a doubt show the pure destructive power possessed by the great monster. However, the fact that neither of Archer's two other components possessed something that could be linked to it and that Zeus was never described as using this formidable power has considerably weakened the power of this Noble Phantasm. Now, it only possess a "cheap knock-off" (as a certain disgraced godess would put it) of Medusa's own Breaker Gorgon.

This "futurustic" looking shield (wich mean it's black and has blue glowing lines) bear at its center a lentil that is normally closed. Upon activation of its True Name, the lentil will open, imposing a weakened version of Breaker Gorgon upon anyone who look at it directly, or even use "mind sight" to seer it. It impose a split-second living nightmare on them, an illusion that force them to sees their greatest fear. Yet this particular illusion is not strong enough to really affect them beyong weakening their resolve a little bit and making them hesitate on striking Archer, so it is more of a distracting effect than a weapon. However, it still carry the effect of Mystic Eyes Breaker and thus would negate any such powers, wich make it ideal for fighting Servants such as (ironically) Medusa, who relies on them for fighting. Even then, it's still too situational to be called useful.

The truth is, Archer doesn't really care about the loss of power of this Noble Phantasm. In his own words, it was just an unsightly trophy that he only carried along because it was a gift. In fact, he even go as far as saying that its new appearance is a pleasing development.

Lore

Archer is a really peculiar existence, born from the selfish meddlings of a capricious Divine Spirit.

Said deity was none other than Zeus, leader of the Olympians, who passed his days watching humans from afar, amusing himself. He then saw an event that greatly interested him: a gathering of numerous heroes and monsters, summoned from beyond the dead. And amongst these heroes were some of the prettiest woman he ever saw. The god then decided that he had to become part of it. Yet there was a rather large problem. Divine Spirits couldn't be summoned normally!

Zeus looked at his options. He could fuse with a magus's soul and become a Pseudo-Servant, but it would make his identity obvious if he had too few traits to hide it with. He was also unwilling to hijack the summoning of a true Heroic Spirit, because it carried a risk that their amazing abilities would steal his thunder (pardon the pun). No, he had only one choice: use phantoms, who possess distinct traits but whose legends are too weak to truly stand out, and merge with them to create a sort of Fake Heroic Spirit. To do so, he searched for phantoms that were connected to him trough their association with electricity. He found them in the form of Jack Cover and Tom Swift.

Jack Cover was a generally unremarkable NASA scientist and businessman whose main clame to fame was the creation of the Taser, a tool used by policemen to apprehend suspects with the least harm done to them possible. Tom Swift was his childhood hero, the main protagonist of a series of adventure novels that started in 1910. He was a teen genius that invented numerous wondrous gadgets, including the electric rifle While both of them were too recent and obscure to become Heroic Spirit, their shared connection with the taser earned them a place in humanity's collective history, bringing them to the rank of phantom. Enamored by the concept of becoming a Science Hero, Zeus choose them to absorb into his manifestation as a Servant. The Divine's Spirit's mystery was lowered while the two phantom's own were upgraded, bringing them to a level that was suitable to be summoned.

And thus the Divine Science Hero Archer was born. Beware, ladies, for he will soon invent a way into your hearts!

Personality

On the surface, Archer's personality seems to be Jack Cover's idealised image of his childhood hero Tom Swift. He is a brave and ingenious young man whose love for inventing wonders and aventures seems to be inegaled. He spent a lot of his time fabricating amazing items seemingly for the sake of creating itself, and he love discovering new places and escaping mortal perils. Furthermore, he seems to have inherited from Jack a love for adventure novels, particularly for sci-fi ones. He is almost always plucky and cheerful and seeks to find a positive in all things.

While all of this mostly true to some extant, one will discover by digging closet that it is, without mistake, indeed Zeus who form the core personality of the Gestalt. He do spend a long time making numerous technological artifacts, but he then spend even more showing them off to impress women. And while he doesn't mind a bit of adventure from time to time, he is really mostly motivated by the gracious damsels in distress and the rewards they might offer to their savior. In short, he's an horndog who will always try to woo a woman he deems as beautiful, no matter if he's in peril or if the woman herself is trying to murder him. In fact, his "pluckiness" and "cheerfulness" look more and more like frivolousness the more time you spend with him. Thankfully, the phantom's influence seems to have mellowed him out and he can get that "no means no", tough it will surely take him countless efforts before giving up. In fact, the reason he absorbed the identity of Tom Swift into his own is because "a courageous adventurer will always attract the ladies". He is also attracted to guys, but has a much stricter standard for them. In his own words, they have to be smaller than him, to not have unsightly muscle and to have a gracious, feminine face. In short, his type's Astolfo.

All that said, there's is certain things he absolutely can't overlook. The first one is disrespect of the gods in general, not just him. To him, someone who think themselves as better than gods is an inredeemable sinner, and he will oppose them without caring what their intention is. If insulted by someone who do not known of his divine nature, he will be more forgiving but will still angrily challenge the offending party to prove his might. Even then, if he fails or is denied the challenge altogether, he will surely play childish tricks and them. He also absolutely cannot support any breaking of the rules of Sacred Hospitality and will immediately strike down any who dare commit such a repugnant act. Even if the world has changed, that is one principle he cannot let go.

As a side-note, any sign of racism shown by Tom Swift has been purged, because it doesn't fit with Jack's ideal of a hero and because Zeus think it's really unattractive.

Last edited by Alexcoene; September 17th, 2017 at 07:47 AM.