Page 812 of 858 FirstFirst ... 312712762802807810811812813814817822 ... LastLast
Results 16,221 to 16,240 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    She is probably neutral to all of them. Evildoers in the past are not of her concerns unless they commit another crime when she's in charge as the judge of a HGW for example, because she herself allied with messy evildoers and did evil herself in the past, which basically prevented her from being given higher divine authorities. A Xian is not allowed to kill or take sides with any faction unless they are ordered by their superiors, and even after no longer being a Xian, she still keep that in mind (also as a form of atonement).
    one Question Lily after what you said About your Statement to Jimmu seems you are quite versed in the japanese Department could you give me a hint About an ppotencial Ainu servant ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Boy, "quite versed" is a big understatement. You should check the Mats thread to have a look at their great knowledge

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    I'm a fan of Koschei the Deathless in terms of Slavic villains.

No idea about Ainu heroes. Oral traditions obviously don't get around as often as cultures that rely on a writing system. Apparently Ainu sagas are called yukar​, though.
    Thanks for the tipp i will see if he could fitt in the Picture ,anyhow i have found circumstantial that are suggest that Koschei could be a in the rusia folklore survived part of a slavic deity presumably Moroz which were a Winter and Ice Deity which had as one of his names(the Slavic People had for the deities many names ) Korochun which could potencially by sound shifts transformed into Koschtschei and the Connection of death and coldness is a not unlikely in my view .

if someone is interested:as Little hint similar like Baba yaga seems also to have been a remnant of a former (presumably Earth Mother )Goddess similar like Hel from the Norse Mythology which also were later shifted in the medieval Era into a "Witch" .
    Last edited by Kabalisto Koga; October 15th, 2019 at 02:30 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    Boy, "quite versed" is a big understatement. You should check the Mats thread to have a look at their great knowledge
    Where can i find the mats thread and which is its Name ,Padoru ?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    Thanks for the tipp i will see if he could fitt in the Picture ,anyhow i have found circumstantial that are suggest that Koschei could be a in the rusia folklore survived part of a slavic deity presumably Moroz which were a Winter and Ice Deity which had as one of his names(the Slavic People had for the deities many names ) Korochun which could potencially by sound shifts transformed into Koschtschei and the Connection of death and coldness is a not unlikely in my view .

if someone is interested:as Little hint similar like Baba yaga seems also to have been a remnant of a former (presumably Earth Mother )Goddess similar like Hel from the Norse Mythology which also were later shifted in the medieval Era into a "Witch" .
    Not this shit again... You know, you could go for an unorthodox (for you) approach and give Servants abilities that they actually have in their legends. Almost as though you were making a sheet for the Servant that you're making, rather than something else that just happens to share a name with the figure of legend in question.
    Just throwing that out there.

Apologies to everyone else for the outburst, I'm just getting desperate here. I'll do that quietly in the future.

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiki-pon View Post
    Not this shit again... You know, you could go for an unorthodox (for you) approach and give Servants abilities that they actually have in their legends. Almost as though you were making a sheet for the Servant that you're making, rather than something else that just happens to share a name with the figure of legend in question.

Apologies to everyone else for the outburst, I'm just getting desperate here. I'll do that quietly in the future.
    Ah, it's fine. I think we've all gotten tired of Koga by now.
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiki-pon View Post

This is one of this reason to be honest why i asked for some suggestions respectively constructive tipps and this was first of all just a hypothesis of my side and not taken into real cosideration and second is it forbidden to work his own mythological or historical theories into the sheets?
    and thirdly is it false to ask something here or share his own hypothesis and theories without being acused ?

Blog Entries
    The problem here is that while you always ask for advice and opinions, you never seem to apply it to improve either yourself or your sheets in any meaningful way. You just keep making the same barely coherent Uber-Grand-level sheets that have legends that barely qualify for regular Servant status.

Blog Entries
    Class: Caster

Faceclaim

True Name: Porâsý
    Epithet: Caster of the Hidden Valley, Estrela D'Alva.
    Alternative Class: Rider, Archer.
    Allignment:Lawful Good

Height / Weight: Tall as a small boat, light as a sack of leaves.
    Region: Brazil, Paraguay.
    Source: Tupi Guarani Mythology
    Dislikes: Serpents, Fire, Enclosed spaces.

Background

One of the many daughters of Rupave and Sypave, Porâsý was but a young woman when her village fell in dire straights due to the actions of Moñai, a great serpentine dragon who kept stealing their food and causing chaos between the tribes. Resolving herself to deal with the monster, Porâsý approached Moñai and declared that she have fallen in love with him.

The plan had been simple, convince Moñai to throw a big party to celebrate their wedding and get him drunk so she could escape and trap him inside. Unfortunately, the plan did not work, for the serpent had invited him siblings and with each having drunk their own fill, didn’t leave enough to keep the Third Son down when Porâsý finally enacted her plan.

Moñai woke up partway through the night while she attempted to escape and pulled the girl back into the cave. Fearing the worst, Porâsý ordered the villagers watching outside to set fire to the cave with her inside, finally bringing an end to the serpent and to her own life as a result.

Legend says that after her death, Porâsý’s spirit ascended and became the brightest star of the morning as a reward of the gods for her sacrifice.

Personality
    A free spirit through and through, Porâsý enjoys the simple pleasures of life without much reservation or moderation. It would be more accurate to describe her as playful rambunctious niece that might drag others into trouble if they aren’t careful.

However, her serious side comes out when in the presence of danger. She harbors a deep grudge against Moñai and his siblings, finding the barest whiff of their scent distasteful. As such she is extremely wary of those who possess draconic features. She will scold and reprimand them, and should they prove to be hostile, fearfully stand her ground and fight if necessary.

Porâsý has doubts regarding the worth of her legend when compared to that of other servants. Having only sacrificed herself to destroy a monster whereas other heroes could have handled Moñai swiftly and easily. Causing her to feel third rate on their presences, a third wheel that was useful only for one thing.

[Parameters]

Strength: D
    Agility: C
    Endurance: D
    Mana: A+
    Luck: C
    Noble Phantasm: A+

Class Skills
    Territory Creation -[C]

One of the signature skills of the Caster class, allows for the creation of boundaries meant for detecting enemies, as well as establishing a connection with local leylines. It is not enough for the construction of a proper Workshop, but is useful to create temporary hideouts.

Personal Skills
    Dragonslayer - [B]

Despite being born as hideous monsters, Moñai undoubtedly possessed the attributes of a dragon aswell as that of a Divine Beast. Having caused his death, yet not survived to tell the tale, Caster receives a lower rank at this skill. It boosts parameters in the presence of [Dragon] enemies.

Nhanderuvuçu - [C]

The divine words of creation, named after the great god of the Tupi Guarani pantheon. It combines the effects of several skills such as Mana Burst, High Speed Divine Words and Item Construction. As Caster is only a second generation human and not well known for her wisdom, this skill’s Rank is considerable lower than those of her parents and brothers…with the exception of a certain idiot.

Mystic Eyes of Inebriation - [A]

An ability granted by Caster’s successful seducing of Moñai and later inebriation of all seven monsters. This skill allows her to apply both effects of [Charm] and [Drunk] against multiple enemies so long as they are on her line of sight. Its effects become stronger if the one Caster is using them on has [Divinity] or is a [Dragon].

Primordial Human - [D]

Porâsý is the daughter of the first humans, Rupave and Sypave, and as such this skill grants her a boost in parameters due to her baseline strength being higher than a normal human’s from birth. It emcompasses the effects of Instinct and Animal Dialogue at the same rank.

Noble Phantasms
    Porâsý Anhang: O’ Maiden, Become as a Veil of Embers - [B+]

The representation of Porasy’s scheme to rid the world of the Seven Monsters born of Táu and Kerana. The flames used to kill the trapped the monsters manifested as a Noble Phantasm, it allows Caster to summon forth ‘divine flames’ which deal a great amount of damage to monsters. The price, however, is that Caster is not immune to them either, meaning that the more she draws upon this ability, the more damage she will receive in kind.

Porâsý Kaaru Mbija: O’ Maiden, Become as a Star Which Guides the ‘Morrow - [A]

The greatest application of Porâsy’s legend. Following her sacrifice to slay Moñai, Caster’s spirit ascended and was placed upon the sky as the star which marks each morning. What is now known as the planet Venus. Due to being summoned as Caster, this Noble Phantasm’s output is lower than it would otherwise be, also being limited to being used only during mornings when Venus is visible. This ability summons a great arch of light which rains down from the sky and strikes the location Caster is currently occupying.

Voice Lines: Ascension
    1st Ascension: “Traditionally, my people only wore clothes for ceremonial purposes. But well, it would seem so boring, you know? So I decided to do some modifications and dress up! So, what do you think?”

2nd Ascension: “Just warning you. But the closer I get to my original power, the less time my modifications will last…”

3rd Ascension: “Heh. You are making a real effort to see me on all of my glory, master. Just remember to take responsibility when it happens okay?”

Final Ascension: “Hah! Told you it was gonna happen! So? What do you think? Was it worth the wait?”

Voice Lines: Bond
    Bond 1: It’s sure full of people here, Master! I can’t wait to hear the stories they have to tell!

Bond 2: Dragon slayers, god slayers, kings, geniuses, mages. They are all really great people, Master! Do you… think they would like to hear my story? Its… probably not that interesting, given what I’ve heard.

Bond 3: Say, Master. Have you ever heard of my legend? I keep hearing about all these great people all over Chaldea. Knowing what some of those guys did can make a girl really self-conscious. I mean, killing myself to kill a single monster doesn’t seem to compare with what these insane kings and gods did.

Bond 4: I was really scared, you know? Pretending to be in love with Moñai, convincing him to invite his siblings. I nearly escaped. But he wasn’t nearly as drunk as I thought and I was forced to burn myself alive. But all these guys won and even managed to walk out alive. Am I really servant material when compared to them?

Bond 5: Do I regret it? Of course not! Sure, I would have liked to live a bit more but not if that meant I had to watch my family starve… A real hero? You think so? Even if I am unknown and a failure, you still think I did well. I… thank you, master. Just…thank you, for everything.

Relationships

Geronimo: “Oh! A fellow shaman, and a brave warrior too. However… hmm… maybe you should have been summoned into a different Class? To commune with the spirits is a gift, however it seems to have drained you of strength. No one is good at everything, I suppose.”

Ishtar: “We have something in common, that goddess and I. However, that’s as far as similarities go. I was a mortal woman who died for her tribe, she is a greedy goddess who brought misfortune to her people. Eh? What do you mean… ‘Tsundere’?”

Sieg: “That presence… that aura. You, boy…you remind me a lot of a certain unpleasant worm. Stealing from others is forbidden, okay? Also, alcohol is also forbidden! Oh! Oh! and so is killing birds with your eyes! Huh…’I am not Karna?’ Is that one also a dragon kin? Please take me to him at once so I may properly reprimand him too!”

???: That niece of mine caused so much trouble for us at El Dorado. Really, I can’t admonish her enough for it…so instead let’s start with proper ground rules, okay? Birthing more monsters is forbidden! Super forbidden! Once was bad enough!

Sitonai: A fellow dragon slayer! Was yours killing people and stealing too? They really are the worst, aren’t they? Aww, I wish I had thought of something like your plan. Maybe I wouldn’t have had to die then…‘pout’.

Martha: “You can summon a dragon? Nope! Just no! Good thing I wasn't summoned as a Rider. I’d rather not have to deal with that stupid serpent and his siblings. Once was bad enough and that's not counting that Singularity.”

Jeanne (Alter):“A dragon witch with flame powers. A dragon slayer with flame powers. It seems the two of us are extreme opposites. Please don’t leave me alone with her, Master. ”

Ganga Zumba: “Watch where you point that spear of yours, Rebel King! I might have tolerated it when we fought against El Dorado but I got my eyes on you from now on. That Noble Phantasm of yours stinks.”

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

FC Link
    Alternate Classes: Lancer, Rider, Avenger
    True Name: Alcibiades
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Origin: Europe (5th century BCE)
    Armament: Spear, shield, sword

Parameters:
    STR: C
    END: D
    AGI: C
    MANA: D
    LUCK: A+
    NP: C

Skills
    Class Skills

Mad Enhancement - Rank B-: The Class Skill that characterizes a Berserker, raising basic parameters and strengthens one's physical abilities in exchange for hindering mental capacities and/or in exchange for their sense of reason. In some cases, it also affects and/or seals away some techniques, Personal Skills and Noble Phantasms.
    Rank up for all parameters, but takes away most of sanity. However, somehow Berserker is able to ‘turn off’ his madness, losing the benefits of Mad Enhancement but regaining his ability to communicate. Though he claims that being a mindless warrior is simply an act, it is likely that he himself does not understand the mechanics of his ability. Though his Mad Enhancement is born from both the slander of his opponents and the studies of later times, it is possible that he was insane to begin with, and has merely grown accustomed to appearing sane.

Personal Skills

Espionage - Rank A-: A Skill that does not conceal one’s presence, but rather makes one's presence fail to register as hostile. This Skill causes others to misunderstand one's status, including mistaking one for a kind neighbor, a harmless pebble, or as the most beloved person.
    Berserker spent most of his lifetime switching sides between various factions of enemies, easily ingratiating himself with others, but also gathering grudges from those that worked with him. Though Berserker’s Espionage cannot protect him from the grudges of those that know his identity, he can also use the Skill in order to seem greatly hostile rather than harmless to others, allowing him to hide his true self more efficiently.

Nature of a Rebellious Spirit - Rank B+: The temperament to never remain at one location and never embrace a lord. A wandering star that does not have the capacity to be king nor is capable of finding his own king. Negates the effects of Charisma with the same rank.
    Despite serving with distinction under many a lord, Berserker never seemed content. Eventually, he would always move on, ever chafing at having to serve under another.

Talented in All Fields - Rank C: From ones stories of displaying talent in multiple fields, like martial arts, fine arts, and science. The user can do anything the practiced when they were alive and learn new skills at a faster rate than ordinary. The rank of the displayed talents is one step lower than the rank of Talented in All Fields itself.
    Said to be able to excel at anything he turned his hand to, Berserker applied his talent everything from soldiery to statecraft to seduction, all with great success. His relatively low rank in this Skill is due to his frequent misuse of his talent.

Noble Phantasms

Pursuit of Grandeur
    Politikí toû Ákrou

Anti-Unit (Self), Rank D
    A Noble Phantasm embodying Berserker’s lifelong pursuit, having sought an almost god-like superiority over all others, thought of by some as the culmination of politics. It is the ability to gain in wealth, status, power and reputation by means of success. Rather than a natural succession of events, Berserker’s gains seem almost forced.
    Politikí toû Ákrou essentially assures that any and all of Berserker’s successes, as long as they are noticed by others, result in him moving up in the world. It is a Noble Phantasm that bends the World itself around Berserker. Of course, Berserker is the only one to rise, leaving his allies behind. He might, for example, impress a Master superior to his own to such an extent as for them to abandon their own Servant in favor of employing Berserker. Naturally, his enviable talents would then have made him a new ally and two new enemies in the form of those he slighted.
    Though no actual boost in effectiveness accompanies Berserker’s rise in station, each victory does a little to guarantee the next. As his successes mount, he may even rise to become unstoppable, without actually growing much stronger himself.

Description
    Dislikes: Interpersonal drama, those above him
    Talents: Calm and cool decisions, making powerful enemies
    Natural Enemy: ○○○○○Socrates

Berserker’s true identity is Alcibiades, the Darling of the Peloponnesian War.

Much of what can be gleaned of Alcibiades’ personality is mere smoke and mirrors, and the truth of the man is kept well hidden. When not howling like a maddened beast, he is affable and pleasant, the very image of a gentleman. When needed, he can turn from a gentle voice of counsel to a stern and ruthless soldier. As strange as the difference between these facets of his persona is, there appears to be no discord within him. Just like in life, his multitude of talents and traits merely evoke sighs of “such is Alcibiades” from friends and foes alike.
    No matter how Alcibiades acts, however, it cannot be denied that he is an excessively ambitious and greedy person. Forever pursuing his personal glory, his ascension to the ranks of Heroic Spirits has opened his eyes to a wonderful new world that he has set out to make himself the center of. A world filled with heroes, fighting over an omnipotent wish, ever engraving themselves more deeply into mankind’s consciousness, even after death.
    Despite how personable he can appear, there is the feeling of something deeply wrong with Alcibiades. Even though the ranks of Heroic Spirits are filled with mighty kings and gods, he does not seem to care for them. Incapable of connecting with others on a personal level, Alcibiades seems almost not to notice other Servants, other than as obstacles for his ends. Apparently viewing others as unworthy of facing him in battle, he will employ any means necessary in order to achieve victory. There is, however, one that he considers as a ‘person’, though Alcibiades will not speak his name.
    Twisted as he is, Alcibiades carries no loyalty towards his Master whatsoever. They are merely a means to an end, to be abused until spent and then discarded. What makes him a dangerous Servant is the fact that he can, to all involved, appear completely loyal and subservient, even to the point of openly serving his enemies without apparent rancor. Should he choose to betray his Master, it will be difficult to see it coming.
    Alcibiades yearns for ever greater glory, and in his hubris he seeks to supplant the gods themselves. However, deep in his heart, he knows that this will bring mere gratification, not happiness, as there is ever a greater height to aspire to. Perhaps due to the madness imposed upon him by his class, it has occurred to him that his one chance at happiness may lie in the distant past. As such, his wish to the Holy Grail would be to reunite with ○○○○○.

Lore
    Alcibiades was a gifted and flamboyant Athenian statesman and general whose shifting of sides during the Peloponnesian War in the 5th century BCE earned him a reputation for cunning and treachery. Good-looking and rich, he was also notorious for his extravagant lifestyle and loose morals.
    Alcibiades was born in 451/450 BCE, the son of the Athenian politician Cleinias, and his mother Deinomache was from the ancient aristocratic family the Alkmeonidai. Alcibiades was also the nephew of the great Athenian statesman Pericles, and he spent his childhood in the family home of his famous uncle. As a young man, he was the pupil and friend of Socrates.
    C. 420 BCE Alcibiades was made a general or strategos (at the minimum age of 30) and therefore became a member of the strategoi, the influential military council in Athens which could propose items for the agenda of the assembly. Alcibiades wasted no time in his new role and promptly negotiated an alliance between Athens, Argos, Ellis, and Mantineia, which would last for a century. Alcibiades would go on to hold the position of strategos for 15 consecutive years.
    In 415 BCE Alcibiades gave a speech to persuade the Athenians to launch a military expedition to Sicily. The pretext for this expedition occurred in 416/415 BCE when Segesta, a city-state in the west of Sicily, asked Athens for help against local rival Selinus which was allied with Syracuse. Besides imperialist ambition, Alcibiades may well have been after the timber of Sicily, an immensely important material for the Athenian navy. Alcibiades argued that the mixed-race population and political instability in Sicily would make a strong and unified military response unlikely. Further, Alcibiades promised that the Persians could be persuaded to assist Athens if certain constitutional changes were made. In the end, Alcibiades won the vote of the assembly despite the doubts expressed by his rival Nicias, and the two generals, along with Lamados (or Lamachus), were given the equal status of strategoi autokratores (unlimited power) and sent, along with 6,000 men and 60 ships, to protect Segesta.
    Shortly before the expedition’s departure from Athens, though, Hermai statues were damaged across the city. The sailors of the Athenian fleet, like all sailors before and since, were a superstitious lot, and as Hermes was the patron of travellers, their confidence was badly affected by the attacks. In addition, according to popular opinion, the attacks on the hermai were somehow connected to an attack on the democratic system of Athens. Alcibiades, known as one of the frivolous and impious ‘golden youth’ of the aristocracy, was held as the prime suspect along with several others.
    Confident he could prove his innocence, Alcibiades called for an immediate trial, but the city procrastinated and he was sent to Sicily anyway. However, Alcibiades was soon officially recalled to Athens to face the court's guilty verdict. Given that punishment was the death sentence, it is perhaps not surprising that Alcibiades at this point fled to Sparta rather than face judgment at home.
    Alcibiades made himself useful to his new hosts and, according to his accusers in Athens, he freely gave Athenian state secrets to the Spartans. He also advised the Spartans to take by force the Athenian fortress of Dekeleia (which they did in 413 BCE). Meanwhile, the Athenian expedition in Sicily was a complete disaster with total defeat in 414 BCE and the loss of Nicias and the gifted general Demosthenes. According to Xenophon, Alcibiades had advised the Spartans to send the general Gylippos to aid the besieged Sicilians. However, Alcibiades soon fell out of favour at Sparta, in particular with King Agis, and so he joined the Persian Satrap Tissaphernes.
    Alcibiades encouraged Persia to keep on friendly terms with both Athens and Sparta, and yet at the same time Alcibiades attempted to convince the Athenian fleet based on Samos that he was the man to negotiate an Athenian-Persian alliance. Alcibiades knew that this would only be possible if an oligarchy gained political control in Athens. To this end, a diplomat was sent to Athens where he persuaded the disgruntled aristocrats to attempt a coup d’état. This was successful, and so democracy gave way to an oligarchy of 400. Alcibiades was made strategos by the navy at Samos and despite the 400 being replaced by a wider oligarchy of 5000 in Athens, he led the fleet to victory over the Spartans at Cyzicus on the Hellespont in 410 BCE. Other victories included the defeat of the Persian Satrap Pharnabazos at Abydos and the taking of Byzantium.
    In 407 BCE Alcibiades returned to Athens in triumph, the old charges against him were dropped, and as a reward for his efforts he was made strategos autokrater once again, but this time above all other generals, the only such instance in the history of Athens. In effect then, Alcibiades was now commander-in-chief of the Athenian armed forces. Quashing a rebellion at Andros was followed by an expedition to fight the poleis of northern Ionia. Whilst occupied there, Alcibiades left Antiochos in charge of the fleet at Samos.
    Unfortunately for Athens, the Spartan commander Lysander took advantage of Alcibiades’ absence and soundly defeated the Athenian navy at Notium (or Notion) in 406 BCE. Alcibiades was blamed for negligence in leaving only a helmsman in charge of the main fleet and was not re-elected strategos. Consequently, he left to live in Thrace, whilst the Spartans went on to finally win the Peloponnesian War in 404 BCE with Lysander’s victory over the Athenian fleet at Aigospotamoi.
    After taking refuge in Persia, Alcibiades was essentially killed by a group of assassins, possibly sent by Lysander and the Thirty Tyrants of Athens. As his house burned down, he attempted to engage his attackers, only to be shot dead by a hail of arrows as soon as he emerged.

Blog Entries
    Question. How much time does it normally take for the summary at the beginning of the thread to be updated ? Does someone keep watch of how many servants are being posted or is it done at random ?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Not anytime soon, unfortunately. Dutiful members (Padoru having done at least the last one, plus many besides) post compilations every 100 or 50 pages or so.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

FC Link
    Alternate Classes: Rider, Caster, Alter Ego
    True Name: Lü Dongbin
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Origin: Chinese Mythology
    Armament: Sword

Parameters:
    STR: B
    END: A+
    AGI: A
    MANA: A+
    LUCK: A
    NP: A+

Skills
    Class Skills

Magic Resistance - Rank A: Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether.
    Cancel spells of A-Rank or below, no matter what High-Thaumaturgy it is. Having strengthened his body’s ability to resist outside forces through meditation, training and alchemy, Saber is all but immune to the efforts of mages.

Riding - Rank A: A Class Skill of Rider and Saber class Servants, denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Rider-class Servants will typically possess a high rank.
    All vehicles and all creatures but those of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast-rank can be used as mounts.

Personal Skills

Heaven’s Feathered Man - Rank A: Immortality, recited by the Taoism ideology as an aspect of the Xian​. An absoluteness of body that renders the user resistant to most harmful effects and passively recovers from physical damage.
    Saber is one of the Eight Immortals, having achieved immortality through enlightenment.

Golden Elixir - Rank EX: Chinese internal alchemy, wherein one’s essence, spirit and breath are used as ingredients in the pursuit of enlightenment and immortality. Rather than using ingredients such as plants and chemicals, the composition of one’s own body is turned into ingredients for alchemy.
    Noted as the foremost practitioner of internal alchemy among the Immortals, Saber’s talent is beyond compare. A dizzying array of effects can be produced, though Saber primarily uses Golden Elixir for the purpose of reinforcing his already formidable capabilities. To an extent, Saber is also able to affect the internal workings of others through touch, though he is reluctant to use it on unwilling targets.

Knowledge of Respect and Harmony - Rank A+: A special ability that prevents the reduction of accuracy regardless of how many times the same technique has been used on the same foe. In other words, the ability to “render one’s attacks unreadable to the enemy”.
    In Saber’s case, a strange phenomenon occurs when attacking. After the attack is executed, it is almost as though the act of the attack itself vanishes from the memory of others, though the consequences of the combatants’ actions remain. In essence, Saber’s fighting style gives the impression that each of his attacks is always ‘Saber’s first attack’, no matter how long he and his opponent have been fighting. However, the experiences removed must go somewhere. As Saber is fighting, he continues to receive the negative sensations like pain, fear and surprise, shouldering them all without complaint.

Noble Phantasms

Sword of Contradiction
    Xié'è de Qūzhú Jiàn

Anti-Unit, Rank A
    Saber’s Power Tool as one of the Eight Immortals, taking the form of a sword. Being the only martial implement among the Power Tools, its abilities take a more direct form. Xié'è de Qūzhú Jiàn’s attacks deal a significant amount of additional damage to evil-aligned targets, which is further increased against targets of demonic nature. Unlike the other Power Tools, it is not that suitable as a focus for healing.
    Xié'è de Qūzhú Jiàn’s activation as a Noble Phantasm makes use of the inherent contradiction of its nature. Despite the abhorrence of violence inherent in Taoism, a sword, that is, a weapon of violence, serves as a symbol of Taoism. Saber can utilize this contradiction to create a form of “buffer” between the blade and its target. Whatever the blade would touch can, instead of being cut, be shunted off into Imaginary Number Space. Instead of damage being inflicted, the target is instead ‘sealed away’. With a great enough expense of energy, it is possible to target an entire creature at once with this ability.
    Xié'è de Qūzhú Jiàn’s targets can also be returned to the physical world at Saber’s leisure. Though he is fully capable of using the sword as an ordinary weapon, he prefers to simply teach most of his foes a lesson by letting them contemplate on their actions while sealed away in a separate space.

Description
    Dislikes: Bloodshed, those treading the Outer Path
    Talents: Qi manipulation, inscrutability
    Natural Enemy: Solomon

Saber’s true identity is Lü Dongbin, the Sage of the Eight Immortals.

Calm and hard to interpret under most circumstances, Dongbin projects the very image of a wise sage. He is unflappable in the extreme and seems to derive a measure of joy from being as inscrutable as possible, all the while letting none of this show on his serene exterior. Though a Taoist immortal, he is no stranger to battle, which he sees as an opportunity to both teach and learn. He is most fond of fights that occur one-on-one, viewing the situation almost like a study session.
    Even as a warrior sage, Dongbin does not find purpose in bloodshed, and prefers to avoid it altogether. He only truly fights with those who have fully embraced heretical paths and have refused every opportunity to turn away. Against monsters, callous lords, sorcerous overlords and evil demons he is ready to draw his sword to shed blood. Despite the responsibility he feels rests on his shoulders as one of the Eight Immortals, he sees little point in worrying. One can only prepare as much as one is able, and to worry about outcomes one cannot affect is folly.
    Dongbin greatly respects holy warriors among Heroic Spirits, those who bear a sword not for their own glory, but for the sake of others. He also regards truly dedicated martial artists and scholars with approval, believing that they walk firmly towards their own enlightenment. Due to his own ideals, he does not approve of those that give themselves up completely for the sake of a higher power, and is a strong believer in the importance of agency in one’s own actions.
    For as long as they behave righteously, Dongbin will follow his Master’s wishes to the best of his ability. He also freely offers his considerable wisdom as a source of guidance, but makes it clear that his Master is not to rely solely on a Servant’s power and knowledge. For if a Servant were to become a crutch, what then would the Master do once the Holy Grail War is over or if Dongbin should fall?
    Dongbin’s wish to the Holy Grail is simply to continue his allotted task. His master set before him the task of bringing enlightenment to every human being, and the fact that he was lifted to the Heavens before his task was complete does not exempt him from his Master’s command.

Lore
    Lü Dongbin was a Tang Dynasty Chinese scholar and poet who has been elevated to the status of an immortal in the Chinese cultural sphere, worshipped especially by the Taoists.His name is Lü Yán, with Yán being the given name. Dongbin is his courtesy name. He is called Master Pure-Yang, and is also called Lü the Progenitor by some Taoists, especially those of the Quanzhen School.
    When he was born, a fragrance allegedly filled the room. He had been very intelligent since childhood and had many academic achievements. However, according to one story, still unmarried by the age of 20, Lü twice took the top-level civil service exam to become a government official, but did not succeed.
    The legend has it that one night when Lü Dongbin was in Chang’an, he dozed off as his yellow millet was cooking in a hotel. He dreamed that he took the imperial exam and excelled, and thus was awarded a prestigious office and soon promoted to the position of vice minister. He then married the daughter of a prosperous household and had a son and a daughter. He was promoted again and again, and finally became the prime minister. However, his success and luck attracted jealousy of others, so he was accused of crimes that caused him to lose his office. His wife then betrayed him, his children were killed by bandits, and he lost all his wealth. As he was dying on the street in the dream, he woke up.
    When in Chang’an, Dongbin was tested by the immortal Zhongli Quan ten times before Quan took him in as a disciple and Dongbin subsequently became immortal. Some of the more famous trials during Dongbin’s tutelage were as follows:
    One day Dongbin came back from work and found out that his loved one was dying; without sadness or remorse, he started to prepare the dress and coffin necessary for burial, but later his loved one revived and lived on. Dongbin was still without sadness or joyous feeling.
    Another day Dongbin came back to his house and saw that he had been burglarized and lost all his belongings. Without becoming angry he started to work on his farm. As he dug into the ground he found countless pieces of gold. He uncovered the earth without taking a single piece of the gold.
    Once Lü was alone at home and suddenly weird things happened. Ghosts and monsters were killing each other and wanted to do the same to Dongbin. Showing no sense of fear, Dongbin kept on doing his chores without paying attention to them. Another group of devils with blood all over them tried to take Dongbin’s life away by saying to Dongbin that he owed his previous life to them since in past life Lü took his life. Without any fear Dongbin said "Go ahead and take my life! Since I took yours in my past life, this is only fair!"
    Unbeknownst to Dongbin, Zhongli Quan appeared suddenly, looking and laughing at him while all these events were happening. Delighted with his student’s progress and prowess, Master Zhongli was very satisfied and happy to take Dongbin to Nan San Her Ling to pass to him the secrets of immortal life.
    Through his mastery of internal alchemy, then, Dongbin concocted the elixir of life and became an immortal, joining his fellows among the Eight Immortals.

And Lü Dongbin makes Eight Immortals. I wonder which one's among them I did best. In hindsight, I'm not too fond of Han Xiangzi and He Xiangu, but that might just be because the idea of all eight together hadn't quite solidified in my head yet...
    Last edited by Shiki-pon; October 16th, 2019 at 03:38 PM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That's a pretty good Lu Dongbin sheet. I wonder if he can use the sealing aspect of his NP offensively by sealing away objects and then returning them to fling at his foes. For instance, sealing away an entire bus and then materializing it again to drop on the enemy. Or even setting up surprise ambushes by sealing an ally away prior to battle and then releasing them during the fray, turning a 1-on-1 fight into a 2-on-1. I feel like that kind of ability has a lot of potential.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    He probably could, and strikes me as clever enough to utilize it that way. Might also be used to hide away his Master (with said Master's consent, most likely) in order to protect them from an Assassin or something.

Blog Entries
    That sealing aspect of his Noble Phantasm reminds me a lot of how a cartoon version of Lu Dongbin sealed away a fire sorcerer called Shendu into another dimension with his sword. Jackie Chan Adventures, I think the name of the cartoon's name was.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That's actually just a happy coincidence, as I was mostly considering the Taoist dislike of weapons in regards to an Immortal whose Power Tool is a sword and some sort of void resulting from that contradiction. I can't deny that I've had Uncle's monologue about the sorcerers and the Immortals playing in my head at least once per Immortal sheet.
    The show is one I look back at fondly, even if they did screw up the Immortals and their Power Tools (as in what belonged to who).

Blog Entries
    Say, will these be the only sheets about Xians that you'll be doing, or will there be others as your backlog gets shorter like any of the ones from Fengshen Yanyi?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Nah. From a quick glance, those immortals also just seem like Daji's supernatural cronies rather than human immortals. Since I also don't know the specific background of those particular immortals, they probably wouldn't work with the excuse I'm using to allow the Eight Immortals to manifest in the first place.

Excuse explanation-ish
    An immortal, being a creature that can't die, can't really become a Heroic Spirit, as their spirit hasn't really left the mortal plane and thus cannot ascend to the Throne of Heroes.
    However, as the immortals used to be humans, their existence as humans, rather than immortals/Xian, could be said to have ended when they ascended to immortality. As such, they probably have some representation in the Throne of Heroes as their human selves, each with the heroic legend of 'having become an immortal'.
    When one of these Servants would manifest, the legends that define their abilities would obviously draw from their legends as immortals as well, though probably not to the extent shown in my sheets (as they are still humans, they just became immortals afterwards).
    Due to the fact that the Eight Immortals, as not-quite-gods, having manifested long after the end of the Age of Gods, are probably still running around in some form in the Nasuverse, they could then piggyback on the summoning of their "self" and essentially appear as their true, immortal selves while still being a summoned Servant.

That was the loophole that I thought of when making Han Xiangzi, anyway. I could probably have put it more clearly, but all of the Eight Immortals I've made are sort of the (still living) original and sort of the folklore human who ascended to immortality.

Maybe next up I might make some Muses or some more of the Seven against Thebes, though I don't really have concrete plans for the Seven and am only thinking of making Melpolmene for the moment.