Page 746 of 858 FirstFirst ... 246646696736741744745746747748751756796846 ... LastLast
Results 14,901 to 14,920 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    It's a pity the thread isn't very active now
    A blessing in disguise.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Saber of Alexandria:

Appearance:

Source is here

True Name: Fierabras

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Alternate Class: Berserker

Strength- A
    Agility- D
    Endurance- B
    Mana- C
    Luck- B
    NP- A

Personality
    A stoical and upright man. Saber has an incredibly strong sense of honor, always fighting fairly and never stooping to dirty tricks to win. In battle he shows a far more wild and bloodthirsty side to his personality, revelling in the thrill of matching blades against a worthy foe. His sense of honor and love for battle is so great that Saber might deliberately injure himself during a fight to even the odds against a weakened opponent.

Following his conversion Saber is ostensibly a Christian, but not exactly a zealously practicing one. He converted out of respect to Olivier for defeating him and sparing his life, not any exceptional devotion to the Christian god. Truthfully, Saber doesn't care which god or creed he fights for, content as long as he can face opponents worthy of his strength.

Saber adamantly believes that only the strong have any place on the battlefield. Thus he detests anyone who would pick on those weaker than themselves.

Wish on the Holy Grail

To have a rematch with Olivier.

Dislikes: bullying, breaking his word
    Talent: raiding enemy territory
    Natural Enemy: Olivier

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance- C+
    Confers protection against magical effects. At this rank, spells with a chant below two verses are nullified. Cannot cope with the likes of High Thaumaturgy or Greater Rituals. However, due to Saber's Protection Of The Relics Personal Skill, his natural resistance increases when defending against spells of Pagan origin.

Riding- B
    The ability to ride animals and handle vehicles. At this rank, most mundane mounts can be ridden at an above average level of skill, but not Phantasmal or Divine Beasts.

Personal Skills
    :

Monstrous Strength- D

A Skill that permits temporary augmentation of the Strength parameter through emphasizing one's existence as a monster or demonic beast. At this rank, Saber can confer himself a rank-up to Strength lasting for ten turns. Saber's immense strength and gigantic build led many to believe he was descended from giants. These rumors grant Saber this Skill, albeit at a low rank to reflect the tenuous nature of his supposed inhuman ancestry.

Honorable Pagan- B
    Despite being a Pagan, Saber was renowned for his irreproachable honor and integrity in battle. He spared Olivier and gave him time to put on his armor although he had the paladin at his mercy and could've easily killed him. This trait grants Saber a + modifier to every physical parameter as long as he's fighting in accordance with his sense of honor.

For Saber, this equates to always fighting one-on-one, and never attacking an enemy while they're unarmed and helpless.

Protection Of The Relics- C

A Skill that demonstrates the divine protection of the many holy relics Saber looted from Rome. While he returned them after converting to Christianity, simply having so many great relics of Christendom at one time manifests in a powerful aura of divine protection surrounding Saber. This permanently ranks up Saber's Luck parameter, lends him Protection From Arrows at rank C and strengthens his Magic Resistance when defending against Pagan spells.

Noble Phantasms
    Pleasance, Baptism & Grabon
    The Giant's Three Swords

Type: Anti-Unit

Saber's three swords, hanging in scabbards from his belt. They were forged in a set by three blacksmith brothers, two of whom went on to craft other legendary blades like Durandal and Hauteclere. Naturally the blades are of the finest quality, able to cleave through most armor as if it were nonexistent.

However, the true power of these swords lies in the unique bond they share. When Saber draws one sword, the other two will magically float free from their scabbards and spiral around him, attacking foes of their own volition. This makes Saber extremely dangerous in melee combat, as he has the equivalent of two extra swordfighters backing him up. The orbiting swords will also act automatically to intercept projectile attacks. However, if the enemy somehow manages to grab one of the swords as it circles around Saber, they'll be able to use it as their own Noble Phantasm. Making this Noble Phantasm something of a double-edged sword.

Resina Beatus
    Blessed Oil Of The Redeemer

Type: Anti-Injury

The famous balm Saber stole from the Church of St. Peter. Used to preserve the corpse of Jesus after his death, it supposedly has miraculous curative properties that would heal the injuries of whoever drank it. Imbued with the same authority as Christ's resurrection, Resina Beatus is a healing Noble Phantasm of the highest order. Saber carries the oil in a small flask on his hip. He can drink from it to fully restore his health to max and purge any status ailments afflicting him like poisons or curses. The downside is that there's only enough of the oil for a few sips before it's lost forever, so he'd better use it wisely.

This Noble Phantasm can also be used on others, like Saber's Master or even the opponent to restore them to full health for a proper duel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got inspired to write up this guy after trading ideas for Paladins as Servants with Koga over PM. I thought of giving each of his swords a unique conceptual effect, but they were so sparsely described in the legend I decided to go with something simpler instead. As always, feel free to drop by with comments and criticisms. Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by RoydGolden; February 22nd, 2019 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Changed 2nd NP name

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Don Quijote liked this.

I get why he has Honorable Pagan, but considering that chivalrous Servants like Artoria and Diarmuid fight better when they have a honorable duel, is it really necessary to make such a skill?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    Don Quijote liked this.

I get why he has Honorable Pagan, but considering that chivalrous Servants like Artoria and Diarmuid fight better when they have a honorable duel, is it really necessary to make such a skill?
    I guess the difference is that Fierabras' honor was explicitly highlighted as unusual by the narrative. Arturia and Diarmuid were honorable too, but that was more or less expected for the knights of their time (or at least Nasu's portrayal of them, the medieval concept of honor didn't really exist in Britain when Arthur would've lived). That's my justification anyways.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I guess the difference is that Fierabras' honor was explicitly highlighted as unusual by the narrative. Arturia and Diarmuid were honorable too, but that was more or less expected from the knights of their time (or at least Nasu's portrayal of them, the medieval concept of honor didn't really exist in Britain when Arthur would've lived).
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    What is that image supposed to express??

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i think it should mean un understanding confusion.

Am i guessing Right that you meant ,that you gave Fierabras Honorable pagan because that his honorfull demeanr were expressively mentioned and out pointed by his collegues ?
    Last edited by Kabalisto Koga; February 11th, 2019 at 05:53 PM.
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Confusion. In particular there was two points in that prior statement that were eyebrow raising.

Firstly, the notion that Fierabras having honour would be unusual. In most versions of Chansons de Geste that I remember involving him he's a chevalier and/or royalty and thus chivalry ought to be expected - hell, even the Spanish author Vicente Blasco famously said: "Europe did not know chivalry, or its adopted literature or sense of honour before the arrival of Arabs in Andalusia and the wide presence of their knights and heroes in the countries of the south." Maybe you're using a specific tale I'm not aware of but that's one of the problems when you don't have a Lore section.

And the second being that Fierabras should be special because he is honourable in spite of being a muslim. I doubt that's how you intended it to come across, but it just reeks of the "noble savage" trope.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Confusion. In particular there was two points in that prior statement that were eyebrow raising.

Firstly, the notion that Fierabras having honour would be unusual. In most versions of Chansons de Geste that I remember involving him he's a chevalier and/or royalty and thus chivalry ought to be expected - hell, even the Spanish author Vicente Blasco famously said: "Europe did not know chivalry, or its adopted literature or sense of honour before the arrival of Arabs in Andalusia and the wide presence of their knights and heroes in the countries of the south." Maybe you're using a specific tale I'm not aware of but that's one of the problems when you don't have a Lore section.

And the second being that Fierabras should be special because he is honourable in spite of being a muslim. I doubt that's how you intended it to come across, but it just reeks of the "noble savage" trope.
    Obviously a Spanish/Muslim knight being honorable wouldn't be anything unusual in real life (at least, not any more so than knights in general actually being honorable as opposed to glorified mercenaries). But within the chanson itself, Fierabras' chivalry coexisting with his Pagan faith was very much treated as unusual and noteworthy. See this line from the chapter describing his battle with Olivier (translation provided by the site Heritage History).

Was ever such courtesy in this world, Oliver helping this pagan to arm, whom, being unarmed, he might full easily have slain, and the pagan having pity upon Oliver as not being his match in fighting and all the more when he saw that he had been wounded? Would that there were more of such courtesy between Christian men!
    That's where I got the idea for Fierabras' chivalry being "special". It's a bit of a noble savage trope, yeah, and I won't deny there's dubious implications in having the only "good" Saracen be one that immediately converts to Christianity, but that's just how it is in the story itself. To "fix" that I'd have to rewrite Fierabras' entire backstory, which I don't tend to do unless I come up with a really interesting idea for it.

Also, if it helps any, I wouldn't necessarily identify the Saracens in the Matter of France and similar stories with real life Muslims. The writers obviously intended them to represent Muslims, but they have so little in common with actual Muslims (worshipping multiple gods and idols whereas in reality Muslims are even stricter about the "no god but God" thing than Christianity) I tend to just consider them a fictional race of (loosely Middle-Eastern inspired) bad guys.

In my bedroom, probably wrapped under bedsheets
    H E R O I C - S P I R I T - L A N C E R

True Name

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Galehaut

Alignment
    ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

True Neutral

Parameters

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Strength:
    A -> (C)

Agility:
    B -> (D)

Endurance:
    A -> (C)

Mana:
    B

Luck:
    B

Personality
    ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Silent and Cold are the words that come to mind when people gaze over Lancer, lacking the care for carrying out small talk between himself and others, along with the mannerism that one would be expected of the position that he had possessed. Caring very little for the ideals that come from the extinct age of knights and chivalry, and is willing to do what he needs to do to survive and overcome the obstacles in his way. When he does talk, sometimes it is just better at times for him to close his mouth and keep quiet, being blunt and sharp with his words. Making it known about his opinions and if anything seems dubious or if something needs his attention, that he'll convey. Even rarer is when he compliments someone and not to mention talking about himself which he prefers to simply avoid it like the plague.

Class Skills

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    // Magic Resistance:
    A Rank | Lancer possesses a high rank in this skill despite living in a transition of Ages, with his environment being rich in magic and mystery. It comes from the fact that he was raised from his particular parentage and possessing the blood of a Phantasmal Beast, being capable of canceling spells of A-Rank or below, no matter what High-Thaumaturgy it is. Along with the fact that even an army that was backed up by the wizard Merlin was defeated by Lancer, this rank is respectable for such a feat. Being in practice, a Servant who is untouchable by modern magi, so it would not be an exaggeration to title the Servant a 'Magus Killer'.

Personal Skills
    ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    // Charisma:
    B Rank |Though unknown to Arthur and his court, Galehaut has already conquered lands and acquired considerable power, loyal followers, and a reputation for being a noble character. Being a composite Skill consisting of a person's charm as well as the natural talent to command or unify an army or country. Increases the ability of allies during group battles. Lancer having a B Rank in this Skill is sufficient to lead a nation as its potential king, with the morale of military forces he or she commands is extremely high.

// Blood of The Giants:
    A Rank | The skill which represents the lineage that flows through his blood, granting Lancer the gifts of Giant-kind, a species of Phantasmal Beasts in the decline towards extinction after the Age of Gods. As one coming from the lineage of a full-blooded giant as his mother, he is effectively a demi-giant in nature and displays a variety of their physical traits. He gains their physical strength and hardiness as a form of [Monstrous Strength] that represents the abilities intrinsic to one as a member of Giant-kind.

While Lancer will be weak to those who are monster-slayers or armaments which slays monsters, the innate abilities of his kind makes him stronger than his parameters would otherwise indicate. Allowing him to temporarily increase both his [Strength] and [Endurance] parameters by one rank up for the duration that he is supporting this skill.

// Eye of the Mind (True):
    B Rank | Described as a person who emerged from the foreground to challenge King Arthur for his entire realm, having already 'conquered' lands on his journey and acquired immense power, loyal followers, and a noble reputation comparable to the King. In truth though, he did not consider himself to be anyone's liege or leader but felt responsibility for the zealous followers and self-proclaimed vassals that issued their challenge to King Arthur. Having attracted the attention and provoking the ire of the King and his Knights of the Round Table, he sought to see that no one would shed blood over such a misunderstanding. As such, he lacks the personal skills for conducting large-scale.

From his time as a Knight-errant, he showed prestigious skills, to a temporary faux-leader who had the capabilities to take a challenge against King Arthur and his Knight of the Round Table, forcing them into a corner. With the rank of this skill, he is capable of calm analysis of battle conditions even when in danger and deduce an appropriate course of action after considering all possibilities to escape from a predicament.

// Determination of Steel:
    A- Rank | A composite Skill, combining the effects of the Bravery and Calm and Collected Skills at the same level, which allows Lancer to ignore pain that is inflicted onto him. With the mentality of avoiding confusion in all situations, he can suppress his own emotion and calmly observes his surroundings, guiding him towards optimum tactics to take during a situation. As the individual who sought to take over Britain from the King of Knights, challenge the entirety of the Round Table, and face the legendary Merlin who backed Camelot. It is simply expected for Lancer to possess a skill that sought to do the impossible and overturn the guaranteed rule of King Arthur.

Possessing the diligence in slowly gaining ground against Camelot, observing the tides of battle and bringing his forces to defeat their army. Rallied under his banner, while the effects of [Determination of Steel] may only apply to Lancer himself, through [Charisma] one may convince others to follow his tactics and reassure them of any doubts.

Its negative modifier comes into effect against male servants who possess a charm skill, making it interesting when Lancer is an applicable target to their abilities. Restraint is still possible although the true strength of this skill is significantly diminished under their presence.

Noble Phantasms
    ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    // The Knight of Obscurity - Uncrowned Lord of the Ever Distant Isles:
    B- Rank | Anti-Unit (Self) | Range: 1 | Target: 1
    Spoiler:

That is the the tale of Galehaut, the one who who was going to win against the King of Knights, in what history would have called a certain victory for Lancer should the battle have been waged between the two. In the end, he sacrificed his power, his happiness, and ultimately his life for the sake of Lancelot and ultimately it has been forgotten to the passing of time. Scrubbed from the nooks and crannies of history, that was the price he paid for that time he spent with that captivating knight, throwing away the power he had gathered in the past along with the prestigious potential of his future that served as kindling for those precious moments. This is a Noble Phantasm which represents Lancer's history after he gave up the possibility for prestige and glory.

In rejection of fame and glory, this Noble Phantasm represents that in the form of the armor he wears, reminiscent of the armament forged by his giant brethren with techniques and materials now long lost from the hands of humanity.

It is a set of platemail that he equips, dark blue in color bordering almost a blackish purple. Representing the negation of any titles, feats, and designations which can be attached to his name that disguises his presence as a mere human and prevents most means to identify him. By doing so, this Noble Phantasm forcibly restricts Lancer's capabilities through the lack of fame and feats that would normally be attributed to Lancer, it reduces all of his personal skills and physical parameters by two ranks except for [Determination of Steel].

With the nature of this Noble Phantasm manifested itself as a fog which conceals Lancer's identity and personal status, constantly shifting to obscure his figure as if it was an off-focused object that a camera was trying to focus on. Causing illusions of his figures in mist-like images in doubles or triples at times, making it seem that even his form is ephemeral and ever fleeting to the eye.

// Oh Ephemeral Knight - My Life Giveth For Just A Moment of You:
    B++ Rank | Anti-Destiny | Range: 1 - 99 | Target: 1000 people
    Spoiler:

Lancer's second Noble Phantasm is locked behind [ The Knight of Obscurity ] requiring him to completely seal the first one for the remainder of the war in order to pull out the full potential of this Noble Phantasm. A power resting inside the spear that he wields, being immaculate in quality for it is also a creation of the ancient giants. Forged by those ancient beings that no ordinary human could reproduce in skill, an art form of theirs now long lost in the modern day. A spear that was made to contest against the King of Knights and the Knights of the Round Table, matching the capabilities of Excalibur and Arondight in clash between craftsmanship.

The power of an king, destined for conquering an age where heroes and the remainder of phantasmal beasts still held their power, is slumbering within this spear. A sleep brought on by that docile love for a certain knight which placed a seal on Lancer's capabilities in order for him to simply spend with him. By itself, this Noble Phantasm is simply a spear magnificently made, sharper than any kind of sword even if made by the hands of a ordinary master and similarly unable to be broken weaponry inferior to it in quality. The strength of giants imbued within the spear to never waiver or break in a contest of blades, being a testament of the phantasmal beasts who made this spear. Its quality itself serves as a vessel worthy of simply the rank of this Noble Phantasm as its base that can be built upon. A spear that is made out of his feats, ideals, and choices that he made in life which has manifested itself in his class as Lancer.

The first modifier can be applied by simply wielding the Noble Phantasm, which stirs the slumbering power that sleeps within the blade. Allowing for the manipulation of fate, to a degree, that is fixated on Lancer himself as the center, which his destiny surrounds and swirls. Being able to shred through the impossibilities and open a path which it is attainable or forever close the door of a future which is attainable, making it impossible to obtain. That was the power imbued into this spear that Lancer possessed, facing off [Excalibur] as the [Sword of Promised Victory] and winning. The reign of the King of Knights that was destined by Merlin and the consciousness of humanity was almost overturned had he not resigned victory towards Arthur.

Or at least... that is what it would be at its full potential.

While his first Noble Phantasm [The Knight of Obscurity ] has not been sealed, he is only capable of exerting his 'destiny' to manifest itself in small ways. As a Noble Phantasm that begins to overturn fate itself, possessing power to change the destiny of those who are loved by the world, with immutable truths now become something unsure to be observed or predicted. Applying pressure against those who face against Lancer with an high [Luck] parameter which shows their capability to defy fate with their latent ability or abilities which can manipulate fate. Those who possess that potential are easier to be moved by Lancer out of their preordained fate, with those possessing higher [Luck] or fate manipulating skills are easier to be affected. Against Lancer they receive a single negative modifier for each level they go above [C Rank].

The second modifier is unlocked by sealing completely Lancer's first Noble Phantasm for the remainder of the Holy Grail War. Removing the anonymity that he possessed, the Throne of Heroes recognizes the feats and exploits of Lancer which enables him recreate the paramount overturn of destiny just like he did in life. The potential of Lancer's second Noble Phantasm is now fully available to be used, being a wave of change to turn impossibilities into events which can be realized or close the doors to the future, denying the obtainable and creating something impossible to be achieved. However, the usage of this Noble Phantasm is extremely draining for what it tries to overcome.

This active use of his Second Noble Phantasm can only be used in reaction to something that has already been enacted or currently in effect, employing the concept of 'Denial of Destiny' in response. Shedding a pale blue light that will counter the applicable target, taking the form it needs while consuming the energy from Lancer to overturn the effect. In what is essentially brute forcing his way through using magical energy to match the output just enough to just cancel out the target. With the Noble Phantasm matching itself toward the current threat that it is facing, it is possible that Lancer may completely extinguish his magical energy reserves before actually nullifying the effect due to how mana intensive this can get.

---
    Hi again!

Changing formatting from one forum to another is difficult but hopefully this is legible! Was accepted and meant for a roleplay but I'm not too sure if it's still going on, so I'll post it here~
    Last edited by ArtifactCreator; February 13th, 2019 at 03:59 AM.

Blog Entries
    Oh hey, Lancelot's BF is here! I remember musing what he'd be like as a Servant a while back, only for someone to say he's probably too obscure to qualify in the first place. So seeing this sheet definitely brought a smile to my face. Your formatting style is quite cool too.

Not sure if I'm a fan of how blatantly his first NP cribs from Lancelot's For Someone's Glory though. It's obviously on purpose and makes sense thematically, but it still feels a bit unoriginal, especially when even the visual is the same (a dark purple/black armor surrounded by fog). His second NP is much more interesting, though I'm curious how versatile it is. After Galehaut unseals the spear, are the effects limited to just negating an action performed by the enemy or can he use it supportively as well, like creating a path for him to reach the enemy through a hail of projectiles?

Magic Resistance also feels a bit too highly ranked given his obscurity and lack of overt supernatural feats. I'd lower it to just B.

For Galehaut's personality, you did a good job of conveying his general demeanour and reactions but I find the lack of any mention of his feelings towards Lancelot there a curious absence. As is the reader is left in the odd situation where they know from Galehaut's NP flavor-text that his feelings toward Lancelot are incredibly important to him, but not what those feelings actually are or why he fell in love with Lancelot in the first place. Especially since he's such a cold fish normally, I'm curious how he came to fall in love with a guy so much he basically abandoned his entire life's goal for him. The lack of any details fleshing that out just makes his personality feel strangely hollow.

Maybe that's something that would be explained if you wrote a History section for him, but given the lack of one I have no choice but to address the sheet as it is.

Oh hey Royd! Breaking this down here...
    ---
    [Noble Phantasms]

Yeah his first Noble Phantasm is just a copy of Lancelot's but since it was for a Roleplay, there were a few shenanigans running around with Lancer both in character and meta knowledge, as besides its aforementioned functions (and making people think Lancelot somehow became a Lancer servant). It in a way worked akin to [Presence Concealment] and prevented the [application of feats, titles, and designation]. Stopping things such as [Anti-King], [Anti-Monster], or [Anti-Male] from applying to Lancer since its hidden underneath that Noble Phantasm.

As for his second Noble Phantasm, me and the GMs joked about having an Anti-Beam Noble Phantasm where if all the Round Table would've fire their lasers (as all true Sabers do), Lancer would had counter it with his own, growing in strength to completely match them to a standstill. As so the basis of that idea turned into a reality

Being what we considered something like a 'General Counter Noble Phantasm' where it could go against more or less anything, whether it be an Area of Effect or Single Target, so against a hail of projectiles he had a few possibilities. He could stop one of them, a section of it, or the entire thing if Lancer wanted to but consume the appropriate amount of energy to realize it, being basically a 'blast' of magical energy in the simplest of terms.

This thing, however, was meant to be used against Noble Phantasms on a power scale similar to an AoE comparable to [Excalibur] or focused damage like [Arondight] if you want to use something as reference. As is the way to counter a Beam type Noble Phantasm is with either another Beam type Noble Phantasm (or even better ... Anti-Beam Type).

---
    [Personality]

The inspiration of creating Galehaut coming from a DnD group and the fact that we had a Helen of Troy that I figured Lancer would vibe off nicely with.

But yeah, I can see that I am lacking in that area, as I hoped to convey Lancer's feelings in both his Noble Phantasms as in the Holy Grail War he was suppose to be an [Irregular Servant] who doesn't typically fit in the class container, his 'spear' made up of the feelings for Lancelot and the two sides of his destiny. The more in-depth details of their relationship I haven't fleshed it out yet to be entirely truthful but his cold personality is a result of the relationship he has with Lancelot, being not summoned at the 'pinnacle' of his legend but rather from the end where he fell into despair.

As I knew for a fact that when I made Lancer, that his relationship with Lancelot would result in his cold personality and his hatred for Guinevere (along with other destructive women in general). For what I had as his meager history section in the Roleplay itself was...

There have been different accounts of how he died. Some say after he heard Lancelot was killed he was distraught and depressed and shut himself away before dying of grief, some say he died fighting in the battle of Camlann in order to keep his promise to his love, others in the peaceful sleep away from the world. No one knows´s other than Galehuat, and when asked of his death, he only will give a cold blue eyes look before staying silent never speaking a word.

But yeah, it would be more complete with something more in-depth about Galehaut's history and relationship with Lancelot, I'd probably do a history/backstory section and add in something like the F/GO bond format if I have the creative juices to undertake the project.

So hopefully that explains a few of the shortcoming of the sheet, so thanks for the review again Royd!
    Last edited by ArtifactCreator; February 13th, 2019 at 06:07 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtifactCreator View Post
    Oh hey Royd! Breaking this down here...
    ---
    [Noble Phantasms]

Yeah his first Noble Phantasm is just a copy of Lancelot's but since it was for a Roleplay, there were a few shenanigans running around with Lancer both in character and meta knowledge, as besides its aforementioned functions (and making people think Lancelot somehow became a Lancer servant). It in a way worked akin to [Presence Concealment] and prevented the [application of feats, titles, and designation]. Stopping things such as [Anti-King], [Anti-Monster], or [Anti-Male] from applying to Lancer since its hidden underneath that Noble Phantasm.
    As for his second Noble Phantasm, me and the GMs joked about having an Anti-Beam Noble Phantasm that turned into reality Being what we considered some like a 'General Counter Noble Phantasm' where it could go against more or less anything, whether it be an Area of Effect or Single Target, so against a hail of projectiles he had a few possibilities. He could stop one of them, a section of it, or the entire thing if Lancer wanted to but consume the appropriate amount of energy to realize it, being basically a 'blast' of magical energy in the simplest of terms.

This thing, however, was meant to be used against Noble Phantasms on a power scale similar to an AoE comparable to [Excalibur] or focused damage like [Arondight] if you want to use something as reference. As is the way to counter a Beam type Noble Phantasm is with either another Beam type Noble Phantasm (or even better ... Anti-Beam Type).

---
    [Personality]

The inspiration of creating Galehaut coming from a DnD group and the fact that we had a Helen of Troy that I figured Lancer would vibe off nicely with.

But yeah, I can see that I am lacking in that area, as I hoped to convey Lancer's feelings in both his Noble Phantasms as in the Holy Grail War he was suppose to be an [Irregular Servant] who doesn't typically fit in the class container, his 'spear' made up of the feelings for Lancelot and the two sides of his destiny. The more in-depth details of their relationship I haven't fleshed it out yet to be entirely truthful but his cold personality is a result of the relationship he has with Lancelot, being not summoned at the 'pinnacle' of his legend but rather from the end where he fell into despair.

As I knew for a fact that when I made Lancer, that his relationship with Lancelot would result in his cold personality and his hatred for Guinevere (along with other destructive women in general). For what I had as his meager history section in the Roleplay itself was...

But yeah, it would be more complete with something more in-depth about Galehaut's history and relationship with Lancelot, I'd probably do a history/backstory section and add in something like the F/GO bond format if I have the creative juices to undertake the project.

So hopefully that explains a few of the shortcoming of the sheet, so thanks for the review again Royd!
    Thanks for the explanations AC. So Oh Ephemeral Knight's second effect is pretty much limited to stopping attacks then. I wasn't sure if it was just that or if Galehaut could use it on himself too to realize otherwise impossible feats (like finding a single path to weave through a hail of projectiles). From the description of "turning impossibilities into events that can be realized" I'd assumed it was more like the Pioneer Of The Stars Skill, but it seems that was only an example and the actual concept is quite different.

And yeah, Galehaut's first NP ripping off Lancelot makes more sense if it was explicitly designed to make people wonder if he actually was Lancelot. I think you could mention the part about negating attacks that only target a specific "type" of being like kings or monsters or whatever in the description itself though. Helps make it a bit more unique.

Also, out of curiosity have you actually used this guy in an RP yet or is it still planned? I can't really tell from how you describe it.

Yeah the second Noble Phantasm is a mess but it's a culmination of a lot of things that makes it so, so I should clarify and spruce up the description a few times over. Hard for me to describe it but in theory it could function similar to Pioneer of The Stars against those who are destined for greatness, allowing the possibility of having them fall from their predetermined fate, hence Anti-Destiny and all the mumbo-jumbo.

Yeah for the first Noble Phantasm, its all fluff but then again my fault for not sprucing it up into palpable terms for easier understanding.

---
    And, No the RP hasn't started yet, so it was planned to start but he hasn't been used at all yet. So for now he's another concept in the filing cabinet waiting to be pulled out and used. Sorry if its confusing to understand me, I'm also baffled how English despite being my first (and only...) language is so elusive to me .
    Last edited by ArtifactCreator; February 13th, 2019 at 06:40 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtifactCreator View Post
    And, No the RP hasn't started yet, so it was planned to start but he hasn't been used at all yet. So for now he's another concept in the filing cabinet waiting to be pulled out and used. Sorry if its confusing to understand me, I'm also baffled how English despite being my first language is so elusive to me .
    Ah. I hope no one from your RP group browses BL then, because otherwise they'd get a preemptive heads-up on the identity and abilities of your Servant.

Oops, I seem to edit too much, but oh well

But if they do find it, then its no worries. Most of the servants who don't possess something to hide information about themselves are able to be viewed by anyone so I don't mind so long meta and in-character knowledge are separated. Besides more fun to share ideas and creativity than to keep them secret

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So, I have a question for a possible future sheet: Has anyone done a sheet for Wilfred of Ivanhoe? The idea just randomly popped into my head.
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambda-Nu View Post
    So, I have a question for a possible future sheet: Has anyone done a sheet for Wilfred of Ivanhoe? The idea just randomly popped into my head.
    I can't see any Wilfred sheets in any of the indexes so I think you're good to go my man.

Blog Entries
    Saber of Seven
    FC

Class
    : Saber
    True Name: Bishamonten
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Region: Japan/India
    Source: Shintoism-Hinduism-Buddhism

Parameters
    Strength: A+
    Endurance: B
    Agility: B
    Mana: B
    Luck: A++
    Noble Phantasm: A

Height: 197 cm
    Weight: 81 kg
    Dislikes: Monsters, demons, and other creatures that disturb the peace
    Attribute: Heaven
    Natural Enemy: Anyone willing to fight her
    Personality and Lore
    Personality
    Bishamonten is a very straightforward woman. She prefers to keep strategy on the battlefield and keep relationships very honest and open. If she has a problem, she will tell you about. If she has a suggestion, she will tell you about ti and make sure that you listen. Bishamonten hates being ignored and despises ignorance. A warrior has to know before she can fight. If you continue to refuse to listen to her, than expect the same in kind from her.It is all a matter of respect.

Bisha is a people person through and through, able to immediately understand other people and shift her actions and personality to fit best with them. Benten often refers to her as the ‘typical protagonist’ of the Seven Lucky Gods, able to make friends with anyone she meets and destroy her enemies with overwhelming power. She prioritizes the safety of her comrades above all else. Sometimes, sacrifices are necessary, but they are the last option, not the first. Bishamonten has always been apart of a group, even before she was a she, and before he was Bishamonten. Having others around to care about and argue with and enjoy is Bishamonten’s greatest pleasure, and it is those peaceful moments that she fights for.

Lore
    Bishamonten, also known as Tamoten, Kubera, and Vaisravana, is one of the Seven Lucky Gods. Like two of her compatriots, Bishamonten originates from Hinduism and was subsumed into the Shinto Pantheon of gods, grouped together with six others, worshipped into the modern day for their ability to bring luck and fortune to the people of Japan. Bishamonten is the God of Warriors and Treasure, Scourge of Evil, and Defender of the Nation who represents the virtue of Dignity.

Though, they originate from different places and times, the Seven have formed a family of sorts, and like a family that stays together, the Seven often play games together. It was Benzaiten, also known as Benten, who brought a certain game to the attention of the Seven: The Holy Grail War. A battle between historical figures, legends, and even gods for the chance to obtain the Holy Grail, a wish-granting device. Adding on the basic class system of seven servants, the Lucky Gods couldn’t possibly say no and began building their Servant selves. It was Benzaiten who convinced Bishamon to be summoned as a woman.

Dialogue
    Dialogue
    “Greetings, Master. You have summoned I, Bishamonten, one of the Seven Lucky Gods, in the Saber-class. I am looking forward to our time together. If I may ask, try to hurry and summon the others. They’ll complain if you take too long.”

“Why am I a woman? That’s a rude question to ask, Master, but if you have to know, it was a suggestion from Benten. She said, and I quote, “Big titty, super tall, muscular warrior waifus are top-tier civilization.” I have no idea what that means, but she started giving me puppy dog eyes, so I had no choice. She was disappointed by my more conservative choices. Personally speaking, I don’t mind that much. The shape of a warrior doesn’t matter, it’s the heart that counts.”

“Tsk, tsk, Master. Asking me for the classes of my friends would ruin the point of our game. We intended to battle one another in a Holy Grail War, but it seems that fate had other plans, thusly the rules of our game are changed. You already summoned me as Saber. You will have to guess the rest and wait. (frown) But perhaps, you should summon Hotei last. Please?”

“You are certainly a dramatic one, aren’t you? Holding such dark feelings in your heart is no good, for a warrior or a civilian. It may seem ironic for me to say that talking may be the best solution to your problem.” (If you have summoned Arjuna)

“......disgusting.” (If you have summoned Kiara)

“A fine warrior and a fine mother. I approve.” (If you have summoned Raikou)

“Roma? What is that? You certainly appear to be an interesting fellow and the feeling I get from you is familiar. Please tell me more about this Roma.” (If you have summoned Romulus)

"A dangerous presence in such a sweet child. How unfortunate. Refrain from doing anything to cause others harm, little one, or else we shall both meet a terrible fate." (If you have summoned Abigail Williams)

Skills
    Class Skills
    Magic Resistance: B+
    The ability to resist and nullify high-level thaumaturgy and magecraft. Bishamonten is, not only a god, but fighter who will put all of her will into resisting the effects of some strange magic. Besides, she’s been on the wrong side of Fukrokuju’s spells enough times to build up a resistance. That old man needs to learn how to aim…

Independent Action: C+
    Bishamonten is a strong, independent person. If she decides that her Master is unworthy or unwilling to accept her aid, then she shall take things into her own hands, going against the desires of her Master and existing regardless of the World’s attempts to erase her. She cannot last forever, but she will certainly try. She was a King, dammit!

Divinity: A
    Since Divine Spirits cannot normally be summoned as Servants, the Seven Lucky Gods had to lower themselves to a more mundane level, which was easier for some than others. As one of the ‘oldest’ amongst the Seven, Bishamonten had to reduce her divinity by quite a bit to be able to participate in their game, and even still reaches into the higher ends of the scale.

Personal Skills
    Lucky Number Seven: A+
    As a member of the Seven Lucky Gods of Japan,, Bishamonten has access to a skill specific to these seven entities. As Servants, the Seven Lucky Gods are able to use their own influence over luck to manipulate the rules of fate, if only for a short period of time, to create an impossibility known as a miracle. The miracles can vary in magnitude, but the greater the miracle, the more likely there will be backlash and the deadlier that backlash becomes. Due to the reality-warping capability of this skill, the Seven have imposed a ban on its use more than once a month, going by the lunar calendar. After all, “Deus ex machinas are only fun some of the time ~Benten.”

Warrior God’s Domain: A
    A skill that allows Bishamonten access to any skills that can be associated with the arts of the warrior. That includes, but is not limited to: Military Tactics, Charisma, Eternal Arms Mastery, Riding, Battle Continuation, Disengage, Battle Retreat, Bravery, Command of the Strategist, etc. A truly powerful skill fitting for Bishamonten and her attitude, onty able to reach its full potential when surrounded by others.

Golden Rule: B-
    While also being a warrior god, Bishamonten resides over trade and commerce just as her comrades do; however, she lacks a certain skill for finance. Plundered treasures and spoils of war always seem to find their way into her hands, but gods forbid she try to haggle or deal. More specifically, Ebisu forbid her from doing it ever again in within the general vicinity of 10,000 lightyears near him.

Evil Slayer: B
    The protector of the righteous is what the Japanese called Bisha after subsuming her into their cobblestone pantheon. It was hardly a new job for the former Heavenly King of the North, having fought against the monstrous evil that existed in the northern wastes above her former home. Before that, Bisha had existed as a monster herself, leading packs of demons before ascending to the rank of god. She understands evil well, making its destruction all the easier. Anyone or thing that aligns with Evil will suffer her wrath.

Noble Phantasm
    Noble Phantasm
    The Spear of Bishamonten
    Bishamonten
    Type: Anti-Unit
    A truly uninspired weapon with an even more pitiful name. As a Saber-class Servant, Bishamonten realized that she would not continue to wield a spear as her weapon of choice. That would be like an Archer who uses a sword or a Rider without a mount. So she simply snapped off the pole, replaced it with a hilt, and stretched out the blade. An ugly piece of work, but it does its job well. The sword, named by the user after the user in a moment of spectacular creativity, is, by the opinion of the rest of the Seven, utterly boring. A sword that cuts people and nothing else. Yes, it can fly back to Bisha’s hand when knocked away; yes, it will only cut what Bisha wants to cut; yes, it makes her stronger when protecting something; yes, it is essentially a perfect weapon with no faults that can kill with ease and precision, but where is the beam?

A Home Atop The Five Peaked Mountain
    Sumeru
    Type: Fortress
    Attacking is only one part of a warrior’s job. They must also be able to defend and protect that which they fight for. The guardian against foreign invaders, Bishamonten understands this well. She has many things that she wishes to protect from destruction, and will use all her power to do so. One such power is the stupa often depicted to sit in her right hand, representing the treasure house of the Buddha. Connecting the symbolic item to her residence atop the mythical mountain of Sumeru. This mountain now resides in the Reverse Side of the world. Using this stuoa as a key, Bishamon can open a gateway into her home atop the mountain.

The residence is a grand palace fit for a Heavenly King, attended to by hundreds of yaksa, nature spirits Bishamon ruled over during her time as Kubera and Vaisravana, who remain loyal to this day. They treat their guests as they would their king, cooking for them, pampering them, dressing them in the finest silks; treatment worthy of a god that heals whatever ails you. A magus will find themselves feeling completely recharged after mana exhaustion.

However, since Sumeru exists on the Reverse Side of the World, mundane beings cannot remain there for long, else they become apart of that layer and can never leave again. The time limit is 24 hours exactly, no longer. Multiple trips decrease the time limit.

Ship of Miracles--The Warrior Stands Proudly
    Takarabune
    Type: Anti-Fate
    Locked.

Creator's Note
    Creator's Note: An almost last minute entry into this month's contest. I had been trying all month to think of someone to do for this and only got the idea for Bishamonten yesterday afternoon, so she's a bit rough around the everything, but still pretty good. She is also the first in what will hopefully be all Seven Lucky Gods of Japan that I will be doing as Servants. I already know which classes they will be and their Noble Phantasms. Bisha was honestly the hardest to make a NP for, but I went with something simple that is very her. The reason she's a woman, besides Benten asking for it, is mostly because of Noragami. As you can already tell, Benten is an interesting person. The Seven should be a fun lot and I have something special for when all seven are 'summoned'. P.S. does anyone know how to change the color of a link?

- - - Updated - - -

Figured I should post her here too since she's the first of a series.

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If you're going to do the Seven Gods of Fortune, make sure that Benzaiten hates couples. It seems there's a park in Tokyo with a legend linked to her that says that the couples that ride on a rowing boat together will end breaking up because she's jealous of them