Page 370 of 858 FirstFirst ... 270320360365368369370371372375380420470 ... LastLast
Results 7,381 to 7,400 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoneandonlyz View Post
    Another Rider sheet with a slight twist is this Louis XIV sheet which turned his Versaille Palace into a enormous Marble horse that he rides on. It's suppose to represent his particularly authoritative take on proper governance. But because it's actually a palace/fortress, it and Louis when he rides atop it can only be attacked by anti-fortress level attacks. He also synergize it with another NP to create a effect that causes his opponents to kneel before him as he stomps around. This might be a poor example since this isn't a Naval Rider but it is illustrating a way to twist context to make something a bit more interesting.

Anyways...just getting tired of boats and armies I guess.
    My Louis XIV had all but the last effect.

That said, your commentary has given me an idea for a Theseus sheet

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have a couple of ideas for a Penelope sheet, but I don't feel like making any sheets atm.

The real question is whether or not to make her a dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Okay, okay, but what about a Servant that transforms into a boat. Or a servant who picks up his boat and smacks the shit out of his opponents. Or how about a guy who transforms his enemies into boats? Or a boater cycle. Or a boat mobile. Or a boaterang. Or maybe even a boat made of animals combining together?

I like boats, okay!?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    I have a couple of ideas for a Penelope sheet, but I don't feel like making any sheets atm.

The real question is whether or not to make her a dude.
    If you won't, who will?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zikari8 View Post
    Or maybe even a boat made of animals combining together?
    Noah

A Noah sheet that's just a John Carpenter amalgamation of flesh would be pretty cool.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    If you won't, who will?
    I was planning on it, but then I found this awesome art

- - - Updated - - -

The idea was to give her shawl the ability to manipulate the flow of time by her weaving and unravelling it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

夜属 Nightkin
    Quote Originally Posted by zikari8 View Post
    Okay, okay, but what about a Servant that transforms into a boat. Or a servant who picks up his boat and smacks the shit out of his opponents. Or how about a guy who transforms his enemies into boats? Or a boater cycle. Or a boat mobile. Or a boaterang. Or maybe even a boat made of animals combining together?

I like boats, okay!?
    As long it's not..."so this Pirate/Admiral/Merchant Dude/Dudette/Gender Undefined Person had a boat once", "so the Servant version has that boat as a NP", "It's a boat so it floats and it fires cannons at enemies and it might carry some mooks the Servant can direct Idunnolol!"

- - - Updated - - -

Is the smacking people with boat thing about that one guy from Arthurian Myth (I think) that really loved his canoe or rowboat or something?
    Last edited by Theoneandonlyz; August 21st, 2017 at 06:00 PM.

Blog Entries
    It's kind of strange to me that NPs for Riders, especially Naval Riders, and particularily younger historical Naval Riders, tends to show very little creativity.

You see all sorts of weird things happening with Sabers, Lancers, and Archers. Don't even get me started on Casters.

But with Naval Riders it's usually always just a boat. Usually literal a boat they owned or rode upon with very little conceptual shenanigans attached. Okay it might be a big boat, a boat that gets fancier as something happens, or lots of boats at once, or a floating fortress, or a army that rides around on boats. But whatever it is it's still just "boat" as a core concept.

So I've read this Yi Sun-sin sheet elsewhere that instead of giving him that same old boring armored ship that every other Yi Sun-sin sheet gives him, instead turns it into a actual giant turtle monster that breath steam and explodes pieces off it's own spiked regenerating shell as explosive forged projectiles at its opponents and generally just crashes into things. It's a lot more interesting. Yi surfs around on the thing when he doesn't feel like walking. He actually also have a second NP that also isn't just "boat" so he's a head above for that as well.

Another Rider sheet with a slight twist is this Louis XIV sheet which turned his Versaille Palace into a enormous Marble horse that he rides on. It's suppose to represent his particularly authoritative take on proper governance. But because it's actually a palace/fortress, it and Louis when he rides atop it can only be attacked by anti-fortress level attacks. He also synergize it with another NP to create a effect that causes his opponents to kneel before him as he stomps around. This might be a poor example since this isn't a Naval Rider but it is illustrating a way to twist context to make something a bit more interesting.

Anyways...just getting tired of boats and armies I guess.
    I kinda agree with you that it's boring, but honestly I can't find anything else that would be relevant to her history, since her history and information are really scarce. I don't like making things up for a 'historical' figure, so I just give her that.

About Yi Sun-sin, you should check out my Saber!Yi Sun-sin on the monthly contest.

Blog Entries
    As long it's not..."so this Pirate/Admiral/Merchant Dude/Dudette/Gender Undefined Person had a boat once", "so the Servant version has that boat as a NP", "It's a boat so it floats and it fires cannons at enemies and it might carry some mooks the Servant can direct Idunnolol!"
    The problem with most modern naval commanders is if they're summoned as Rider, they should have something that can use a 'mount', in their case, it's obviously their ship. Just like Drake, Blackbeard, and Columbus. If they're summoned in another class, like Saber, they would have other more 'interesting' NPs, but the problem is if they're a Rider.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    I was planning on it, but then I found this awesome art

- - - Updated - - -

The idea was to give her shawl the ability to manipulate the flow of time by her weaving and unravelling it.
    I take it the NP idea was based on the length she weaved her shawl symbolizing the time it took for Odysseus to return to her, right? That sounds like a really cool idea. I think you should definitely write it up sometime.

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just make the boats do interesting things.

Just look at all the boat nps we have so far
    Drake has the Flying Armada we all know and love, Blackbeard has a Ghost Ship fueled by the power of friendship and Columbus is a Sailing Enkidu. They're all boats so on a superficial level they're the same but they're different enough things that they can create different scenarios by themselves.

I mean i'm not going to lie, i see no fun in a boat NP that its just a boat with crew, but boats allow you to be as creative as a horse or a sword.
    Not to tout my own horn, but thats the first fan made boat NP that comes to mind, but taking my Henry sheet as an example, the Boat is more on the generic side, but i tried to give enough variety by making it less combat focused and giving more of a utility(teleporting).
    Another good one was a Jason whose Argos was sentient and could become a Saint Seiya cloth.

What i'm trying to say that a boat its not just a boat.
    It can mean freedom, it can mean tyranny, it can mean adventure, it can mean empire, it can mean a wall that stops the enemy, it can mean a hammer that bludgeons the old ways violently and most of times it can mean multiple things from different points of view.

In short boats are important. Please think about them hard and well, because they deserve it. Just like Planes. And Armies.
    Last edited by JetKinen; August 21st, 2017 at 08:56 PM.

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

Boaty McBoatface NP when?

The next contest theme should be Servants with Boat NP.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuro View Post
    Boaty McBoatface NP when?

The next contest theme should be Servants with Boat NP.
    Best get working on my Themistocles sheet then...

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That moment when you have an idea for a Sir Launfal sheet but the story's portrayal of Guinevere is very ooc and the guy ends up living in Avalon with his fairy paramour.
    Last edited by SleepMode; August 21st, 2017 at 11:12 PM.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyFour34 View Post
    The problem with most modern naval commanders is if they're summoned as Rider, they should have something that can use a 'mount', in their case, it's obviously their ship. Just like Drake, Blackbeard, and Columbus. If they're summoned in another class, like Saber, they would have other more 'interesting' NPs, but the problem is if they're a Rider.
    Aye, I noticed that with my recent Kamehameha (Rider) sheet, the second NP was just boringly summoning his ship. That's why I've been thinking of going back and revising it using the advice Jetkinen said.

As a great man once said: "The only limits are the ones you place on yourself. Let your creativity soar into the sky, Gunpla Servant sheets is FREEDOM!!!"
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Quote Originally Posted by JetKinen View Post
    Just make the boats do interesting things.

Just look at all the boat nps we have so far
    Drake has the Flying Armada we all know and love, Blackbeard has a Ghost Ship fueled by the power of friendship and Columbus is a Sailing Enkidu. They're all boats so on a superficial level they're the same but they're different enough things that they can create different scenarios by themselves.

I mean i'm not going to lie, i see no fun in a boat NP that its just a boat with crew, but boats allow you to be as creative as a horse or a sword.
    Not to tout my own horn, but thats the first fan made boat NP that comes to mind, but taking my Henry sheet as an example, the Boat is more on the generic side, but i tried to give enough variety by making it less combat focused and giving more of a utility(teleporting).
    Another good one was a Jason whose Argos was sentient and could become a Saint Seiya cloth.

What i'm trying to say that a boat its not just a boat.
    It can mean freedom, it can mean tyranny, it can mean adventure, it can mean empire, it can mean a wall that stops the enemy, it can mean a hammer that bludgeons the old ways violently and most of times it can mean multiple things from different points of view.

In short boats are important. Please think about them hard and well, because they deserve it. Just like Planes. And Armies.
    This is a good post. Two thumbs up.

Pretty much applies for NPs in general, especially as you said Planes and Armies, etc.

E: In other news, it seems that no one has made a Samuel Morse sheet. Should someone choose to do so, they should probably mention Morse's Claim 8 from "O'Reilly v. Morse", which strikes me as incredible NP potential.
    Last edited by 4score7years; August 22nd, 2017 at 01:39 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 87 View Post
    E: In other news, it seems that no one has made a Samuel Morse sheet. Should someone choose to do so, they should probably mention Morse's Claim 8 from "O'Reilly v. Morse", which strikes me as incredible NP potential.
    I know basically nothing on the guy other then I guess he invented Morse Code, but he sounds interesting.

With the claim 8 you provided, I can imagine it giving him the Galvanism Skill as well as Gate Of Babylon style conceptual ownership over all means of electronic communication (including sci-fi ones that haven't even been invented yet). It could actually be a bit like my Alan Turing sheet where his Turing Machine NP lets him replicate any kind of computer, including ones that don't exist.

somewhere on some continent, in some random city of some merit.
    So finally got to fixing assassin, I was out on some last minute vacation, sense I didn't have to teach a class again for a couple of days. After this I'm ce Alcatl ruler sheet.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by venomking View Post
    So finally got to fixing assassin, I was out on some last minute vacation, sense I didn't have to teach a class again for a couple of days. After this I'm ce Alcatl ruler sheet.
    I've never heard of Pygmachia using bladed gloves before, though it does sound cool.

somewhere on some continent, in some random city of some merit.
    Pygmachia is game were contestant were gloves with small, and I mean small bakes at the end of the gloves to cut the face, the blades are not meant to be deadly thou peaple did get killed pygmachia matches. I've actually watched a match thou in modern version it's obviously with more safety procuations, there blades at the end but there designed to only slightly cut the skin but it can't cut deeply, they were eye, nose and ear guards, and contestants have to be over the age of twenty. Thou they probably don't have it anymore.
    Last edited by venomking; August 23rd, 2017 at 12:42 PM.