Page 371 of 858 FirstFirst ... 271321361366369370371372373376381421471 ... LastLast
Results 7,401 to 7,420 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by venomking View Post
    Pygmachia is game were contestant were gloves with small, and I mean small bakes at the end of the gloves to cut the face, the blades are not meant to be deadly thou peaple did get killed pygmachia matches. I've actually watched a match thou in modern version it's obviously with more safety procuations, there blades at the end but there designed to only slightly cut the skin but it can't cut deeply, they were eye, nose and ear guards, and contestants have to be over the age of twenty. Thou they probably don't have it anymore.
    Fair enough, though I don't really understand the logic of why it ranks down his Luck.

somewhere on some continent, in some random city of some merit.
    Just to smooth out haveing b rank agility and B rank strength despite being an assassin, it's why to justify it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I'm work on Ce right now. And I think this phanatsms to OP, the idea is that one of his NPs gives him countrol over the earth with idea being his wandering the earth and setting up villages and giveing them advice and I wanted that to be turned into over exaggeration were people subconssuly think he wandered the whole earth instead of just North America. So the entire earth becomes his territory. Any restrictions that would make having such power more reasonable, I w at him to be an,e to countrol the earth but I want to be more reasonable but can't think of anything.

Never mind found a fix.

Source: https://twitter.com/organ70/status/660053514161250304
    Class: Caster
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    True Name: Eratosthenes
    Origin: Historical, Classical

Parameters
    Strength: E
    Endurance: E
    Agility: E
    Mana: A
    Luck: D
    NP: EX

Class Skills
    Territory Creation: (A)
    Territory Creation is a Caster-class Skill. It is the Skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus, such as for the purpose of collecting mana.
    Creation of a ‘Library Wing’, superior to a Workshop, becomes possible.

Item Construction: (C)
    Item Construction is a Caster-class Skill. It is the Skill to manufacture magical items, from implements of war to items for daily use. Also, this Skill requires time to gather components and manufacture items.
    Caster is able to faithfully recreate things found in the books of the Library of Alexandria, but things beyond that seem outside her grasp.

Personal Skills:
    Librarian of Stored Knowledge: (B++)
    Librarian of Stored Knowledge is an ability that makes it possible for a clear recall of knowledge from memory with a successful Luck Check, even if the information perceived in the past was not consciously acknowledged at the time.
    Caster was perhaps the most famous Chief Librarian of the Library of Alexandria, the ancient wonder of the world said to house all the world’s contemporary knowledge in one place. Caster is an ardent librarian type, taking her role supremely seriously by reading everything possible that the Library could present to her. She can accomplish clear recall of recent events thanks to her fanatical attention to detail, and experience as one already collecting vast amounts of data. Bonus modifiers are applied if the knowledge in question has even the most remote connection to an article that would have been found in the Library of Alexandria.

Technique Elucidation: (EX)
    Technique Elucidation are Skills to interpret and restore more or less anything that can be called a formula. An esoterica among esotericae even in an age when magecraft still existed. But completely useless in combat.
    The unique personal skill of Archimedes that Caster is able to make full use of on the exact same level as Archimedes himself. As it can be safely assumed that Technique Elucidation is representative of the myriad mathematical breakthroughs of Archimedes condensed into a single skill--and most notably his book The Method--then Caster, as the one who Archimedes dedicated The Method to, has full authority over that knowledge. That’s not to say that Caster isn’t an accomplished mathematician in her own right, creating several mathematical practices still in use. Still, the fact that Caster received the ultimate knowledge of formulas from her friend and senior, and was entrusted as its first editor and proofreader, speaks volumes.
    She can not just repair magecraft, but also damaged circuits and even crests.

Clairvoyance (Geographer): (B+)
    A visual ability concerned with long-range inference of the environment. A variation and specialization of the Clairvoyance skill that focuses exclusively on the minute details of the surrounding terrain, rather than searching for living targets. A style of tracking that puts emphasis on the literal layout of disturbances to the geography, instead of attempting to position the target relevant to any potential mindset. At higher levels, one can visually perceive the past events that would have shaped the terrain as if it was happening concurrently, as well as simulate Instinct-like effects by appearing to use the environment’s potential to one’s maximum advantage.
    Caster was able to guess that the earth was spherical simply by comparing the shadows of two different towers at the same time, and was then able to extrapolate its diameter and circumference with only a small margin of error. Caster’s dynamic occipital capture is rated first class, however her personality doesn’t lend itself to noticing human disturbances even if she’s staring them right in the face.

Noble Phantasm
    O Ánousios
    Misery of the Second-Class
    (Anti-World, EX)

“B-But, this isn’t what I wanted!”
    A Noble Phantasm that Caster absolutely despises for its insistence on faulty information as fact; embarrassingly so that that information was first proposed by Caster herself. Despite all of her revolutionary progress in the field of geography, even if most of her ideas about space and the bodies beyond earth were ill-informed and quickly debunked, this Noble Phantasm is a symbol of her mockery. For you see, this is an ability thrust onto her by her more outspoken modern detractors; those that believe the earth is actually flat, or Flat-Earthers. Although she’ll readily admit that people like Hipparchus were able to turn her theories and ideas into more concrete facts, this plea falls on deaf ears when it comes to the Flat-Earthers. Many attempt to blame the poor Ptolemaic Egyptian’s miscalculations for the “perpetuated lie” that the earth is a spherical body. As she was often teased in life with the name Beta--because she always came in second place in her endeavors--so too does her Noble Phantasm embody the fact that only crazy people seem to want to remember her anymore.

An Anti-World shield that can only be called False. It takes the vague shape of a tortoise’s shell and is composed of True Ether that is perpetually in conceptual motion: Aetheric Wind. The concept of the Aetheric Whirlpool is central to the Flat Earth ideology; It represents a swirling opposing “force” to gravity composed of raw aether, that is constantly pushing the planet upwards at a rate of about 3 meters per second. It is only able to affect spiritual bodies, so even the smallest pebble would pass through the shield with no issue. However, the higher the level of an opponent’s Mystery, the better chance the shield has at stopping it. If Caster is attacked by a purely fictional existence, it will be halted in its tracks no questions asked. Ironically, Anti-World Noble Phantasms destroy it easily.

History

Eratosthenes of Cyrene was a Greek mathematician, geographer, poet, astronomer, and music theorist. He was a man of learning, becoming the chief librarian at the Library of Alexandria. He invented the discipline of geography, including the terminology used today.

He is best known for being the first person to calculate the circumference of the Earth, which he did by applying a measuring system using stadia, a standard unit of measure during that time period. His calculation was remarkably accurate. He was also the first to calculate the tilt of the Earth's axis (again with remarkable accuracy). Additionally, he may have accurately calculated the distance from the Earth to the Sun and invented the leap day. He created the first map of the world, incorporating parallels and meridians based on the available geographic knowledge of his era.

Eratosthenes was the founder of scientific chronology; he endeavored to revise the dates of the chief literary and political events from the conquest of Troy. Eratosthenes dated the sack of Troy to 1183 BC. In number theory, he introduced the sieve of Eratosthenes, an efficient method of identifying prime numbers.

He was a figure of influence in many fields. According to an entry in the Suda, his critics scorned him, calling him Beta because he always came in second in all his endeavors. Nonetheless, his devotees nicknamed him Pentathlos after the Olympians who were well rounded competitors, for he had proven himself to be knowledgeable in every area of learning. Eratosthenes yearned to understand the complexities of the entire world.

Because of Archimedes’s rabid protection of his junior and friend, Eratosthenes’s detractors set about spreading the word that she was in fact an ugly, bald old man. A fact she couldn’t readily dispute given her seclusion in the library.

I've been thinking about a flat-earth shield for an unhealthy amount of time. This is partially the result.

Any one know if any good Li guangbi sheets?

- - - Updated - - -

Also good sheet. The Np is if an interesting design, thou just something I want to clear up does the earth turn flat or does she create a flat earth perpetual motion machine.

- - - Updated - - -

Also while I'm in no position to talk since I litterly gender bent Washington, but why the gender bending I thought that was Royds thing?

Blog Entries
    That Eratosthenes sheet is really good. I've considered writing up a Hypatia of Alexandria sheet in past (currently hanging around incomplete in a folder), so this might serve as a good reference. The "flat earth" shield is something I've heard bounced around here before (by Ail Don, I think) but I'm (pleasantly) surprised to see somebody actually went and did it.

...Congrats on your first genderbend, by the way.

JP Friend Code
    Huh?
    Blog Entries
    And then imagine the Library of Alexandria herself would smack her in the head for such mistake in calculations.

But still, a great sheet. Royd, stop converting people to Genderbendism.

The recluse, dojikko librarian. Perfect.

Execute C:\local\lib\toh.exe?
    ---
    Dreams of swallow cuts.
    ---
    summs up a lot of my ironic weeaboo circles
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    people who have waifus are necessarily mentally ill

Blog Entries
    A very cute sheet, though it is hard to imagine TM Archimedes having a sincere friend. Probably something pretty interesting to work with in a story. The rationale for her having his skill feels legit and the skills are very nice in general, as is the faceclaim. Nicely done overall, eheh.

Signature by fumato

Yep a defiantly good sheet you should convert to Gender bending, it awesome.

What a second his history said he, is he a trap?

Blog Entries
    Currently working on an uber-wanked Anzu (as in, two Skills that have output comparable to NPs and almost nothing below A+ rank) Servant, and I'm wondering if as a "divine monster" he should have Divinity or a similar Skill. I would think so but as I can recall Tiamat who was a similar (though far more powerful) monster had nothing of the sort so I'm not sure whether he needs it. Any thoughts?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Currently working on an uber-wanked Anzu (as in, two Skills that have output comparable to NPs and almost nothing below A+ rank) Servant, and I'm wondering if as a "divine monster" he should have Divinity or a similar Skill. I would think so but as I can recall Tiamat who was a similar (though far more powerful) monster had nothing of the sort so I'm not sure whether he needs it. Any thoughts?
    Trying to do things comparable to Tiamat might be a bad idea, she's a Primordial Goddess. Think lower in scope, like Asterios. Anzu was considered a lesser divinity or monster so you may want to focus on one aspect or another.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    Trying to do things comparable to Tiamat might be a bad idea, she's a Primordial Goddess. Think lower in scope, like Asterios. Anzu was considered a lesser divinity or monster so you may want to focus on one aspect or another.
    He'll be definitely above Asterios but nothing even close to the likes of Tiamat.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    He'll be definitely above Asterios but nothing even close to the likes of Tiamat.
    That's fair, just try and not go too over the top.

Also in regards to your Saint Maurice sheet that I failed to comment on earlier - it's got a solid base but I feel as you could build on it more. In regards to skills, you could take a cue from my Percival sheet for example as he has a skill based on Lartorias with his own Blessings of the Holy Lance skill.

Also the 2nd NP... I'm not a fan. It's a carbon copy of Iskanders - an idea I just thought up in the spot is summoning their souls within him causing his parameters and roll bonuses to sky rocket. Keep the reduction by 10% though, that's good.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    Also in regards to your Saint Maurice sheet that I failed to comment on earlier - it's got a solid base but I feel as you could build on it more. In regards to skills, you could take a cue from my Percival sheet for example as he has a skill based on Lartorias with his own Blessings of the Holy Lance skill.

Also the 2nd NP... I'm not a fan. It's a carbon copy of Iskanders - an idea I just thought up in the spot is summoning their souls within him causing his parameters and roll bonuses to sky rocket. Keep the reduction by 10% though, that's good.
    That's some pretty good advice on St. Maurice, thanks. A Skill like Lancer Artoria's could definitely work for him, though it'd be a low rank since he never really understood the true nature of his spear.

On his 2nd NP, I just wanted to give him the Theban Legion as an NP and couldn't think of anything better then an army summon. I hoped the limiter would set it apart, but I can see it probably wasn't enough. I'll think of changing it to something more in line with your suggestion.

Any good li guangbi sheets, I could as reference? I'm just been wanting to do him for a while.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by venomking View Post
    Any good li guangbi sheets, I could as reference? I'm just been wanting to do him for a while.
    Sorry, but I couldn't find anything. He seems obscure enough that Google actually tried to autocorrect me to another guy when I looked him up...

Blog Entries
    So, I just changed Maurice's 2nd NP to something more in line with Hermes' suggestion. It's a lot more original and flavorful now. Thanks Hermes!

Of course, I'd welcome any commentary on the new NP.

Blog Entries
    Update: Added Blessing Of The Holy Lance Skill to Maurice as well, which I meant to include in my initial update but forgot somehow. In any case it should be just about complete by now. Commentary would be welcome.

P.S: Sorry about the triple-post. I'm not going out of my way to bump the thread or anything, it just worked out this way.

Eh, I do the same thing the sheet I solid, no problems from what I can see.