Page 558 of 858 FirstFirst ... 58458508548553556557558559560563568608658 ... LastLast
Results 11,141 to 11,160 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Iara: Cool sheet, but isn't two beauty-related Skills kind of redundant?

I did not expect the Iara sheet to be made so fast. I confess that I am surprised and happy. A very nice sheet and with a good master, Iara would be extremely annoying in a Common Holy Grail War.

JP Friend Code
    Huh?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I thought it was a weird idea, but actually pretty cool. The premise was a Hans who used Märchen Meines Lebens on himself, right?
    ... Erm, yes and no?

It supposed to be what Alter Egos are; artificial constructs from bits of data from the Mooncell. (S)he was supposed to be used in a Mooncell-centric thing similar to Sunny's Alteregos.

But then I can't really justify her(?) existence as a Servant without copying Sunny too much or spoilering(?) Things.

Execute C:\local\lib\toh.exe?
    ---
    Dreams of swallow cuts.
    ---
    summs up a lot of my ironic weeaboo circles
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    people who have waifus are necessarily mentally ill

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    not really anymore
    an alter ego is just a persona now
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    itssok, you are braver than me at least

I didn't even understand how the Class works, like, I know it was supposed to be fragments of the original HS/DS like the CCC Sakuras to BB and Kiara to Beast III/R. But, aren't that just how Servant are?

My own confusion and thinking way too hard made me scared to make one.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I just avoid Alter Egos on one part of inconsistent definition, and one part me not understanding it enough.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

FABRICATED HISTORICAL CRISIS SYNDROME gyrowins's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Woman Chief

Class: Archer
    Other Applicable Classes: Rider
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Sex: Female
    Height: 188 cm
    Weight: 81 kg
    Armament: Bow, Quiver of Arrows, Knife, Spear

STR: B
    CON: D
    AGI: A
    MGI: C
    LCK: C
    Noble Phantasm: B

Legend

The girl who would later become Woman Chief was born to the Gros Ventres people and was no one special. At the age of ten, however, a Crow raiding party took her and a few others prisoner during a time of strife. The young girl quickly impressed the warriors of the raiding party with how quickly she took to hunting, crafting, and fighting. One of the older warriors, who happened to be a local chief and whose sons had died in other conflicts, saw potential in this girl and raised her as his son. She soon earned acclaim for her riding, marksmanship, and hunting ability. When the old man passed away, she inherited the leadership of his lodge.
    From here, her fame could only grow. She fought off multiple attackers during raids by the Blackfoot tribe. She put together her own warband and led many successful raids against that tribe in vengeance. For her accomplishments, the Council of Chiefs officially recognized her as a member of their order and named her Bíawacheeitchish, or Woman Chief. She took this name gladly, discarding her old name and her old tribe to be forgotten in the wake of her fame. Woman Chief rapidly rose to the rank of third among the Council’s 160 lodges, married four wives, and vastly increased the wealth and prestige of her lodge. She managed to unify multiple tribes of Northern Missouri under a treaty, including the tribe of her birth. After several years of peace, she was ambushed and slain by the Gros Ventres during a trip to a yearly peace meeting.
    Her story and appearance fascinated any and all Westerners who ventured out into her territory. To them, she was a living Amazon, which was a description that left a lasting impression on future generations. The occasional casual trysts with these visitors may have affected this perception as well, but she was usually faithful to each of her four wives.

Tactics

Successfully activating the Counting Coup skill is Woman Chief’s greatest priority in combat. Since the parameter bonuses that occur after a successful activation are temporary, this typically leads to a feedback loop of stunts that become more dangerous as time goes on. Facing impossible odds gives a slight bonus, but surpassing them elevates her to the rank of a top-tier servant. Since Counting Coup’s taunts generally don’t cause harm to an opponent (other than to their pride, of course), it will generally be reserved for the beginning of encounters.
    Woman Chief is the sort of Servant who takes charge of the Master-Servant arrangement. A Master, regardless of gender, that speaks in the contrary will have a very difficult relationship with her unless she takes a certain type of interest in them. The same goes for any allies, be they Servants or otherwise.

Class Abilities

Independent Action: A
    The ability to remain independent without a Master’s Magical Energy supply. At A rank, it is possible to take action even without a Master, though high-cost Noble Phantasms do require some back-up. At this rank, it is possible for a servant to stay in the world for a week without their master.

Magic Resistance: D
    A skill that grants protection against magical effects. Despite being a modern spirit, Woman Chief retains a low level of Magic Resistance thanks to the protection of her patron spirit.

Riding: C+
    A skill denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Only horses can be handled with above average skill. Under the Rider class, this skill would be much higher since she can use a fragment of her patron spirit as a mount.

Personal Skills

Counting Coup
    The act of gaining prestige with brave acts of taunting an enemy. Immediately after performing an incredibly risky maneuver that puts her life in danger, Woman Chief temporarily gains increased stamina regeneration, increased mana efficiency, and a rank up to her parameters that scales with how much Health she has left. If she completes the maneuver unscathed, it is a considerable boost.

Guardian Beast: A
    A powerful spirit, a “great father” or Iilápxe, that accompanies and protects their charge. Woman Chief’s spirit is the Thunderbird, one of the candidates for the mysterious bird-elemental from which the Crow people derived their name. It is a prideful creature, a trait it passed down to Woman Chief.

Two Spirit: C
    An Indigenous North American term denoting someone who fulfilled a role separate from that of a man or woman. Effects that target a specific gender are disregarded.

Noble Phantasms

Suuwassée (First Thunder)
    Sacred Father, Grant me Strength

Type: Anti-Unit (Self) Noble Phantasm
    Range: Self

A conduit of the sacred power of God in the form of a ceremonial pipe. By taking a drag on the pipe and invoking the power of her intermediary, the Thunderbird, she can catalyze the sacred power through the Thunderbird’s own physical and spiritual characteristics. She can call upon its power to give herself wings, to modify storm fronts in the immediate area, to cast lightning bolts, to create thunder, and to temporarily grant herself a great boost to her physical parameters. During these instances, her presence registers as that of an Elemental for a moment as opposed to that of a Servant.
    The Thunderbird is a powerful elemental from North America. It is a massive bird, similar to the Rocs of the Old World, that ascended past the ranks of Phantasmal Species into a powerful nature spirit. It’s mastery over storms, legendary power and strength, and its mastery of the world above are present in numerous beliefs across North America. Some Crow even believe that the name of their tribe, “Children of the Large-Beaked Bird,” refers specifically to the Thunderbird. The Winnebago tribe believed that those who were visited by the Thunderbird were destined to become Warchiefs, but the Crow-raised Woman Chief wouldn’t know about that sort of thing.

Báaiia Kalíhchiia (Lightning Arrow)
    Heavenly Father, Grant me Victory

Type: Anti-Unit (Self) Noble Phantasm
    Range: Self

An alternate usage of her Iilápxe’s blessings. Once again, she invokes its power with ceremonial pipe smoke, but in this case the smoke seems to grow supernaturally as she recites a short prayer and notches an arrow onto her bowstring. After a moment, the smoke instantly disperses to reveal an arrowhead, sparking with celestial lightning, mid-flight and perfectly aimed to strike an opponent's vitals. Being hit with this arrow is akin to being struck with the electrical charge of a whole thunderstorm at once. Woman Chief likes to pull this one out as a surprise attack, but the set up phase makes that a bit difficult. The panache necessary to perform a charge up attack in the middle of battle does count as an activation of Counting Coup.
    This technique was never used in life, but taught to Woman Chief within the Throne of Heroes by her patron. As a spirit herself, she has come to understand her guardian better to the point where she can communicate with it through manifestations of electricity. She hears its voice clearest during a thunderstorm. While it might unnerve her Master at first, they will develop an ability to understand the Thunderbird's general intent soon after summoning her. If the Master impresses the Thunderbird, then the great elemental may choose to take them under its wing.

Author's Notes
    After that detour into fancy sheets, we're back to the regular format. This sheet was possibly made as an act of direct rebellion against the fact that all female servants in canon are under 5'4" or so (that is, unless Nasu decides to placate his giantess fetish). Regardless, Woman Chief is an interesting historical figure and Native American figures need more love (even when taking into account the past couple that were recently posted: it's not enough!)

Author's Notes (Servant Usage)
    There was going to be a chuuni character that Woman Chief was going to take a liking to. It was either going to be a Servant on her team or one of the masters. As an American servant, she would be summoned by the secret US Government Organization team.

Hear me now, O heart of the World:
    Light of Man, Dawn of Life
    Reaching Antiquity, Seizing the Future
    I call upon the stories of heroes long forgotten
    With this hand I will make thee whole.
    Hear me now, God of Prophecy,
    I take up thy Mantle:

Virgilius Musagetes
    Chorus of the Incarnate Dawn

Servant List

JP Friend Code
    Huh?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    not really anymore
    an alter ego is just a persona now
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepMode View Post
    I just avoid Alter Egos on one part of inconsistent definition, and one part me not understanding it enough.
    I blame FGO for that. And yeah, I had a hard time defining Alteregos as well. Newer Alteregos(?) are either joke characters, or... Kiara?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    itssok, you are braver than me at least

I didn't even understand how the Class works, like, I know it was supposed to be fragments of the original HS/DS like the CCC Sakuras to BB and Kiara to Beast III/R. But, aren't that just how Servant are?

My own confusion and thinking way too hard made me scared to make one.
    I played /Extra CCC and wiki-walked a bit, so I have a slight grasp on what they are supposed to be. In my perception, they are an amalgam of concepts with a single base theme or Saint Graph.

So yeah, it was scary at first, and seeing my current results, I'm not coming near that Class for now.

Execute C:\local\lib\toh.exe?
    ---
    Dreams of swallow cuts.
    ---
    summs up a lot of my ironic weeaboo circles
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    people who have waifus are necessarily mentally ill

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    I did too with very minimal jp, and still confused. Actually, even in English I didn't fully grasp how Magecraft works from the VN.

I'm just dumb.

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You're making me doubt about if it was fine to make Zayd an Alter Ego instead of leaving him as an Assassin

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    You're making me doubt about if it was fine to make Zayd an Alter Ego instead of leaving him as an Assassin
    Well, seeing as Alter Egos are (according to typemoonwiki anyway) classified as "beings that are split off from another" and Zayd is a being split off from the Hundred-Faced Hassan... I'd say he qualifies.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MehKitteh View Post
    I played /Extra CCC and wiki-walked a bit, so I have a slight grasp on what they are supposed to be. In my perception, they are an amalgam of concepts with a single base theme or Saint Graph.

So yeah, it was scary at first, and seeing my current results, I'm not coming near that Class for now.
    That's just how the CCC ones were made, the class is just any Servant that is a cut off aspect of another.
    Unless we get more information when Ashiya comes out but I doubt there's anything to expand on.

please talk to me about your OCs Saron's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Source: (X)
    Name; Agantyr Arngrimsson
    Class; Berserker/Saber
    Armament: Sword
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Source: Nordic mythology; The Saga of Hervarth and Heithrek
    Attribute: Earth
    Traits: Male, Human, Berserkr, Weak to Enuma Elish

Key Words
    Berserkr
    Berserkr's, or more commonly known as berserkers were a type of warrior hailing from Germanic tribes. Commonly seen wearing the hide of a bear or wolf to differentiate them from normal soldiers, they were infamous for their battle rages. It is unknown what exactly prompted these rages, popular theories range from hallucigenics to post traumatic stress disorder, but whatever it was made them battle hungry and incapable of deducing friend from for, cutting down all who stood in their way.

Their combat finesse and unique way of fighting was so greatly known, their title was selected by the three founding families of the Fuyuki Grail War as one of the seven classes of Heroic Spirits summonable by the Holy Grail.

Stats:
    Strength: A+
    Agility: A
    Endurance: A
    Mana: B+
    Luck: D
    Noble Phantasm: A+

Dislikes: Stubborn fools
    Talents: Survival beyond death
    Natural Enemy: Hjalmer, Orvar-Odd
    Skills
    Class Skills:
    Madness Enchantment: A
    A skill representing one who’s mind is under heavy influence of madness, sealing one’s personality, skills, and Noble Phantasms while drastically raising stats. The rank isn’t a good indicator of one’s mental clarity, instead the rank is the effect on one’s stats. As a berserkr, his rank would naturally be high. His madness is pulled directly from his final moments, as he died without satisfying his vengeance and bloodlust. Berserker does talk, but it is impossible to reason with and only seeks the strongest opponent he can find.

Personal Skills:
    Battle Frenzy: ~
    A skill reserved for “true” berserkrs from Germanic tribes, instead of an uncontrollable anger and hunger for battle like traditional Berserkers, it is a mental switch to activate one’s primal instincts and shut off pain receptors, either through a mental trigger or use of drugs. His fame as a Berserkr was known all throughout the many kingdoms, most kings desiring his aid in fighting their wars. While normally being at much higher rank, his current madness has made this skill pointless, and has been sealed.

Battle Continuation: B
    A skill allowing for the continuation of a fight even after the point of death has been reached. Even after critical injury to one’s spiritual core or the complete destruction of their spiritual core, the Servant can still fight on for a limited period of time. Even with countless wounds on his body and even dying, he still managed to inflict lethal injuries on Hjalmer.

Foresight (Dream): C
    The ability to see the future through dreams, allowing one to possibly avoid their deaths or injury. At this rank, one can foretell their own death once, at the cost of being heavily symbolic and confusing. Berserker will more than likely ignore this skill, preferring to charge in blindly and fight without hesitation.

Monstrous Strength: D
    A skill representing one’s monstrous nature or ancestry, granting bonuses to Strength at the cost of making them more monstrous in appearance. Berserker’s grandfather, Grim, was a half giant from a land of giants from a northern country. Grants a boost to his strength skill at the cost of him gaining his ancestor’s traits, such as pronounced teeth and darkened skin.

Noble Phantasm
    Tyrfing
    Sword of Restrained Sunlight

Anti-Unit
    A+
    Targets: 1
    Range: ~

A cursed blade created by dwarves, it was a gift from Berserker’s father. It’s craftsmanship is peerless, the natural beauty of the blade only rivaled by the Holy Sword Excalibur in terms of appearance. Enchanted to never rust and to cut through iron as simply as one cuts through cloth, it cannot be broken and cuts through any defense A+ rank and below.

The blade is cursed that whenever it is drawn it must kill a man, being both a powerful blessing and curse. As it must kill a man, it is both a blade of victory that shall banish the darkness, but a cursed blade that shall drown the world in its own darkness.

The sword itself is only the equivalent of a C rank Noble Phantasm, but the effects on the wielder’s mental state elevate it to rivaling the Sword of Selection from Arthurian Legend. This state can affect anyone, those with mental resistance skills surpassing A+ rank will be spared of the strong compulsion to kill, but they’ll eventually fall victim to the sword's need to kill someone before being sheathed. Those with a mental weakness or frailness will be instantly forced into an intoxicating bloodlust, only ending when they have coated the blade in warm human blood. The more you let the blade control you, the more effective it becomes, rising in effectiveness and ranks.

Samsø
    Waking of Agantyr

A+
    Anti-Unit (Self)
    Targets: 1
    Range: 100

To want death upon another is a trait truly unique to Humans and the Gods, as they are the only things truly intelligent enough to not only wish to kill others, but to understand what the consequences of killing are.

If that is true, is it possible for a cold, unliving sword to desire death? Does this trait extend to that sword through a fluke? Or is it possible that to even desiring the death of others at all is a symbol of consciousness?

If Berserker channels that feeling, the “soul” of Tyrfing, he can meld his soul with Tyrfing’s “soul” by impaling other through his chest, using the ground he stands upon as an anchor for his own soul to prevent them both to become one being through use of a powerful Bounded Field. This is an irreversible process, as removing Tyrfing now would prevent Berserker’s soul from being whole, killing him.

In this Bounded Field, Berserker cannot leave its borders, but gains control of the flames of Hel and constantly keeps the form he had when he activated his Noble Phantasm, patching apart later injury with his soul's inner fire. Over time, and repeated battle, his entire body will eventually become a large, sentiment flame. While his body is immune to physical attacks, he becomes far more susceptible to attacks concerning the soul, and if someone can pull the sword out from his sheathe his soul will instantly dissipate.

Lore
    Berserker is Agantyr Arngrimsson, the eldest son of the berserkr Arngrim and the princess Eyfura. His grandfather, Grim was a half giant, resulting in all of his descendants gaining inhuman levels of strength and ferocity.

Born the eldest son out of twelve, Agantyr was no stranger to magical weapons as a boy, his father having a penchant for collecting powerful blades for his and his allies use. All of his sons wanted to be like their father, and trained relentlessly.

Yet, whenever Agantyr used a sword either in practice or battle, the blade would bend and break from his sheer might. Until he was in his late teens, he often resorted to using his hands and simply breaking his opponents wooden shields and stealing dead men's swords whenever his broke.

When the youngest sons', the Hadding twins, came of age, each son was granted one of their father’s legendary swords. The twins received a set of blades of red and yellow, the second oldest Hervarth received Hrotti, fourth oldest Saeming receiving the blade Mistletoe, and the other brothers received countless other magical swords that would later spread all across Europe.

But Agantyr received a special blade, a blade that would not break under his might, a blade that would unleash his true power. The blade, plucked from his grandfather Svafrlami in battle by his father, Tyrfing.

The brother’s rage quickly grew infamous, only taking their own men onto their ship to prevent the accidental murder of men that were not their own. Kingdoms rose and fell from their exploits, shaping the world of Northlands with their might alone.

After several years, Agantyr aspired to wed Ingibjörg, daughter of King Yngvi of Upsala, for she was the most beautiful and smart maiden in the lands, or die trying.

The next summer, Agantyr went to the castle of Upsala, demanding her hand in marriage. The king’s court was frozen in fear, with twelve berserkrs in their castle it would be fruitless to attempt to fight back, yet the warrior Hjalmer denounced the brothers, claiming that if anyone were to marry her, it should be him as he had risked his life countless times for the kingdom and for her.

Agantyr, acknowledging the princess’s love for Hjalmer ignored arguing with her, seeking to instead gain her through the rite of battle by slaying Hjalmer the next midsummer.

Before the battle occurred, he stayed at the Earl Bjartmar's home, laying with his daughter. Agantyr had a dream that night, a vision about the following battle. He and his brothers appeared on Samsø, and slaughtered the many birds that lived there. Then as they set out again on the island after a short rest, two eagles charged them. While his brothers fought one, he went against the other alone until each brother fell from exhaustion. His eagle fell as he collapsed, bleeding to death, but the other eagle swarmed over his brothers until they collapsed as well. The Earl Bjartmar interpreted it as the brothers failing on the island.

When the battle began the next day, it was revealed that the legendary bowman, Orvar-Odd had joined Hjalmer with his own ship and men. The brothers fought with inhuman endurance and strength, with Agantyr fighting Hjalmer alone as Odd fought and killed the brothers, but Hjalmer killed Agantyr as he delivered a fatal injury. Odd buried the sons of Arngrim in a mound along with their enchanted weaponry, but Agantyr had yet to pass on and ascend to Valhalla nor fall to Hel.

He remained on that island, warding away anyone who dared try stealing the sword from him. He grew more solemn in his solitude, realizing his fault at causing his own destruction and killing his brothers.

Over two decades later, a woman stepped on the island, her ship sailing away from Samsø behind her. When he raised the flames to ward her away, she stepped through them and named herself as Hervor, daughter of the berserkr Agantyr, and demanded that she claim her birthright, Tyrfing. He refused, the blade's curse would certainly bring about her destruction.

Yet no matter how loud he yelled, she would scream louder, no matter how strong the flames became, she batted them aside. Seeing as he could not win, he relinquished his sword, and finally ascended to the Throne of Heroes.

Agantyr is an extraordinarily powerful Berserker, due to having enough raw power to outright slaughter weaker Heroic Spirits without massive legends or powerful protection against his strength and armor destroying sword. But he is near impossible to summon, as no catalyst exists directly tied to him. Using the Saga he’s detailed in would likely summon his daughter and grandson, and using his brother’s weapons to try and indirectly summon him would likely bring the heroes who later wielded him. This has made him a very impractical Servant to try and summon when it’s easier to summon Heroes of the same and stronger calibers such as Hercules or Achilles.

Personality
    Agantyr is a giant in every sense of the word, giant appearance, a massive amount of strength and rage, and a massive hunger for food, battle, and sex. If summoned in his weaker class Saber, he would possess his more calm and calculating self from after his death, but he could hardly care less about the odds against him or being outclassed in his current state. Appealing to his very loud and violent nature with fights or prostitutes is your best option to keep him docile enough to be given simple orders.

He despises Archers, and more than likely would confuse them for Orvar-Odd and go into a rampage only a Command Seal could break. If you happen to be an opponent of Odd, a Command Seal to buff his power is a practical must to prevent him from losing again, but if you have summoned both of them? At least two Command Seals is a must to prevent these two from running into each other.

A good way to subdue him is too appease him with his daughter, as his strong will and paternal instincts prevent him from doing something that could damage her happiness, madness enhanced or not. Truly the symbol of fatherly affection ancient myth needed.

<I>
    I have no idea why this sheet took so damn long, but it’s finally finished.
    Last edited by Saron; May 9th, 2018 at 11:37 AM.
    My thirst for Antonio grows by the second.

Man...

I Make Servants, Some Of Which Are Tragedies

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I don't believe a relatively obscure figure from the 13th century should have stats on the level of Heracles (unless Mad Enhancement is already factored in, in which case the stats are about right). Other than that, the sheet's fine. I also feel that if Tyrfing fluctuates in rank, it might start at B+ instead of A+, enhancement from berserking be damned.
    Nice to see a Servant who doesn't really like being called a Servant.

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Agantyr: Good sheet. But I agree with Shiki-pon on the stats. A little too high for an obscure legend, unless this is with Mad Enhancement factored in. Other than that, it's a good sheet.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Agantyr:​ Additionally, I think the Luck Parameter is a tad too high for an owner of Tyrfing, an accursed blade that caused a ton of misfortune for the guy's lineage. Probably reduce it to at least C-rank (counting Mad Enhancement).
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

私の名前何ですか?What is my name? Lethildiren's Avatar
    CASTER
    John Dee

FACECLAIM

ADDITIONAL TITLES: Royal Advisor, Man of Both Magic and Science
    SUMMONING CATALYSTS: His original Obsidian Speculum, or the wax "Seal of God"
    ALIGNMENT: Lawful Neutral
    LEGEND: Historical Fact
    REGION: Britain

STR:**** E
    END:***** D
    AGI:**** E
    MAG:***** C+
    LCK:***** D
    NOBLE PHANTASM:***** B

SEX: Male
    HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 192cm / 64kg
    ATTRIBUTE: Human
    DISLIKES: Naysayers, false leads, being wrong
    TALENTS: Linguistics
    MORTAL ENEMY: Edward Kelley
    ARMAMENT: The Obsidian Speculum
    GRAIL WISH: To see the world unified under one true religion, peaceful and happy under God’s eye; the idyllic world before YHWH’s Revelation

Class Skills:
    Territory Creation — D

The ability to claim an area for the Servant’s personal use, reshaping it to serve their own purposes. At this rank, Caster may claim a small area — likely not much more than a single room — and transform it into his personal library. Mana regeneration is slightly increased inside of the library, and it is unusually hard for others to recall where it is after leaving it.

Caster was not known for being territorial in life, but was definitely secretive, and once owned the greatest library in all Britain. The ways his magic affects his personal territory reflect that.

Item Creation — C+
    The ability to construct objects through magic, mundane or otherwise. Caster can create quite useful jack-of-all-trades Mystic Codes from glass and crystal, and — although he specializes in ritual equipment, such as crystal balls — can, as an example, easily produce a reasonably durable knife from a few shards of glass, empowering a mundane Master as well as a magical one. Additionally, with use of his Alchemy, Caster can produce a reasonably wide array of potions for his own use and that of his Master.

Caster was known to possess an interest in (and actually possess, near the end of his life) the obsidian mirrors used by the Aztecs to commune with their Gods; he spent several years of his life learning how to replicate the Mesoamerican Mystic Codes, and the skill has stayed with him in death.

Personal Skills:
    Language of Gods (False) — C

A Skill denoting fluency in the Language of Gods, present in human knowledge only at the literal beginning of history; a language that speaks through Concepts, not words that name them, and can be heard by even those who cannot hear. In this case, however, the language being spoken is a bastardization of the Divine Tongue, one that must be spoken aloud and which cannot be understood by animals, nature or those of Divine heritage.

At this rank, Caster is reasonably proficient in
    Enochian
    a False Language of Gods,
    understanding the grammar and possessing a decent vocabulary; he can give orders, but will slip up if confronted with long sentences. The charismatic effect of the language is not as strong with him as it would be with someone of Primeval History, who speaks the true Language of Gods.

In life, Caster and his servant (later Mortal Enemy) discovered hints towards the written glyphs of the Language of Gods; Caster’s servant, however, deliberately botched the translation, beginning a downward spiral that would lead to their eventual fight and separation.

Magecraft — B
    A Skill denoting proficiency in Magecraft, the attempt by Humanity to replicate Magic through use of Magic Circuits. Despite Caster’s low Magical parameter, he is quite skilled at Alchemy, the art of converting and reshaping matter, and Scrying, the art to predict the future through subtle tells in nature and certain tricks with Magecraft. In conjunction with Item Construction, permits the concoction of many wonderful potions to enhance Caster and his Master's parameters, heal wounds and provide other miscellaneous benefits, although not enough to raise the other Skill's rank to B.

In life, Caster was a known occultist and talented astronomer, even advising the Queen of England with predictions from the latter at one time. As a Heroic Spirit, not much has changed.

Information Erasure — D
    The ability to erase evidence of a Servant’s True Name after the end of an engagement. Knowledge of the Servant’s Skills, Noble Phantasm and even appearance may be hard to retain after combat finishes, depending on the Luck of the person trying to remember; the Noble Phantasm, particularly, will not remain in one’s mind for long. However, this does not affect those with Skills based around memory, nor does it erase evidence deliberately provided by Caster.

In life, Caster was infamously secretive, to the point of nearly being executed at one point due to simple suspicion. Although his life is not exactly wrapped in Mystery, it is enough that he remains secretive in death.

NOBLE PHANTASM
    Obsidian Speculum
    Truth of Heaven: Behold The Divine Verities!

Anti-Group
    Range:
    1~20
    Max. Targets: 30
    An obsidian mirror that reflects nothing at all. When Caster invokes its True Name, it begins to reflect, reflecting all light cast upon it back to its source (amplified to be blinding) and revealing the terrifying visage of an Aztec God, inducing heavy fear-based mental interference and severely disorientating anyone who looks too closely into the mirror. Magic Resistance and similar Skills might lower the impact of the Noble Phantasm somewhat, but anything short of Rank A will experience some disorientation regardless of the Skill's rank.

The true power of this Noble Phantasm, however, comes when Caster looks into it. If a drop of blood is spilt unto the mirror before its name is invoked, then it will be like a window, letting Caster observe the Concepts making up reality - or, at least, the Concepts making up the things he's looking at. This allows him to discern the True Name of any being, and see weaknesses that even the person themself may not be aware of. A Skill like Information Erasure will force him to make a Luck roll before discerning the True Name, however, and his Luck is terrible enough that he's not likely to bypass such a Skill.

Near the end of his life, Caster acquired the simple obsidian mirror in hopes of communicating with a Divine Spirit. It failed, but he discovered it to be a Mystic Code of great power nonetheless; he used it in conjunction with a crystal ball to perceive the truth of his relationship with his servant, which directly led into their confrontation, battle and separation.

PERSONALITY
    ”What do you mean when you say ‘too much information,’ Master? I find the revelations quite intriguing, myself.”

Singleminded, knowledgeable and thirsty for more and more information, whether consequential or not; John is the "modern" epitome of the Concept of librarians, being driven by a desire to make his library the greatest in all the world. In short-term affairs, he's often somewhat pompous and greedy, if in a different way from most; he values knowledge over money.

In long-term affairs, however, Caster grows slightly more selfless. He does not deceive his friends or family, willingly shares his knowledge with fellow scholars (well, the ones he likes) and, ultimately, desires information simply so that he might save the world. He's very driven by both a desire to witness utopia— and to be able to take credit for it.

Additionally, John is rather credulous. Although his problems with Edward Kelley have ensured that he will never properly trust people in matters of importance again, he’s still surprisingly easy to lead into a trap, and can easily be misled. He hates all of those things, of course.

LORE
    John Dee was a British philosopher, an astronomer, and an occultist, who lived in the sixteenth century. In life, he created one of the largest personal libraries in Europe, supposedly discovered the Language of Gods, and served as advisor to Elizabeth I. At the same time, he was a talented Magus responsible for several discoveries relating to the Magecraft traditions of Mesoamerica, and one of the era’s better Alchemists. He wasn't quite satisfied by this, however: the thing he desired most was to access and understand the Concepts behind reality, which he referred to as 'Divine Verities;' with that knowledge, he thought he could perhaps reshape reality into paradise, accessing the First True Magic where all else had failed. But, of course, he never succeeded.

One particular detail of John’s life stands out above all others: his relationship with Edward Kelley, fellow Magus and Alchemist. The two traveled the world for some time, making great discoveries (most of which were falsified by Edward to string John along) and progressively ruining John’s reputation, as Edward fooled John into believing that he (and he alone) could communicate with Abrahamic Divine Spirits through mysterious methods.

Near the end of John’s life, the two had a fight in the English wilderness, with John having used the Obsidian Speculum on a hunch to realize that Edward had falsified all of his communions with Divine Spirits, using them to keep John under his thumb until he was no longer needed. The two fought; in the end, the younger man fled into the night, and John returned to his home in disgrace.

John died nearly penniless in London, several years after Kelley’s scarring. He had eight children, one of whom tended to him until his death and oversaw his burial. Legend of his Obsidian Speculum persists in the more eclectic English families of Magi, about how it had once contacted a God (though it never actually did).

NOTES
    I wanted to write something involving a mythological necromancer. I actually found nothing at all on the matter, but somehow I got from that to this guy. Can't complain too much, I guess; excluding a few modifications to his backstory to account for the fact that Magecraft is a thing in the Nasuverse, most of this just sort of happened with minimal difficulty on my part. (I am slightly iffy on the faceclaim, though.)

I've also got a Beast in my buffer, and possibly another Savior; this guy, however, is much easier to write than either of them. I'm not sure why. So, er, yeah, have this.
    Last edited by Lethildiren; May 9th, 2018 at 10:28 PM.
    Old soul. Where are you going, old soul?
    行人腕弛い。どこに行きません、行人腕弛い?

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Iara: Cool sheet, but isn't two beauty-related Skills kind of redundant?
    Well, I saw them as two different skills, with different effects (well, Golden Rule doesn't have a clear effect). Well, I may trade Golden Rule for Self-Modification/Shapeshift (for transforming her mermaid tail to legs) or maybe Innocent Monster. I hope it is visible the Black Lagoon reference (even in the NP name), since they said that the monster of movie was inspired by an "amazon creature", even referenced by the Shape of Water. This Servant was initially from my plan of doing a Wolf-man, Mummy and Gill-man sheets to complete with Dracula (Vlad) and Frankenstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordep View Post
    I did not expect the Iara sheet to be made so fast. I confess that I am surprised and happy. A very nice sheet and with a good master, Iara would be extremely annoying in a Common Holy Grail War.
    Well, I had it started, I just needed to finish it. And thank you for the feedback!

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuro View Post
    This Servant was initially from my plan of doing a Wolf-man, Mummy and Gill-man sheets to complete with Dracula (Vlad) and Frankenstein.
    My Goliath was pretty much a "gill-man" with his second NP, now that I think about it.

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just wanted to give it a shoutout to Pinetree's Dumont.Dumont was one of those brazilian guys that I've always struggled on how to translate in a concrete idea and I think you did a really good job with it. Ever since your Tiradentes, I really do think you're the best guy here when it comes to making our compatriots into Servants. Really love the Noble Phantasms, though I feel the rank between those two should've been traded.

I'm really curious if you had any idea for a possible Emperor Dom Pedro II sheet. He is, as far i'm concerned, the Holy Grail when it comes to Brazilian servants. I've had some ideas on writing a Brazilian centered Holy Grail fic (that you can read in the Create-a-holy-grail thread), and of course Pedro II was one of the first guys i've laid my eyes on and i've spent so much time reading about him just to begin to think about writing a sheet about him, but I've never felt ready to even begin writing said sheet. He is such a complex but somewhat lowkey character I can never feel comfortable trying to write him so I just end up putting other sheets in front of him as in some way I really want to write him at my absolute best. So i'm just wondering if you ever tried him?

The question really is to everyone who has tried to write a BR sheet tbh
    Last edited by JetKinen; May 9th, 2018 at 07:39 PM.

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book