Page 101 of 858 FirstFirst ... 51919699100101102103106111151201601 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JetKinen View Post
    Too soon, in my opinion.
    You think? Granted the serials are from 1912, but the character himself is from the Civil War. Might be enough to squeak in, but it'd be kinda funny anywhere but on Moon Cell. "I'm stronger in this low gravity environment - but we are on Earth so back to normal". Oops.

Signature by fumato

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've never read the book/saw the movie so there is that.

I'm going mostly of the publication date in the wikipedia.

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    You think? Granted the serials are from 1912, but the character himself is from the Civil War. Might be enough to squeak in, but it'd be kinda funny anywhere but on Moon Cell. "I'm stronger in this low gravity environment - but we are on Earth so back to normal". Oops.
    Obviously he'd have a Reality Marble/some kind of ability that brings him and the opponent to a "Mars"-like environment.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Alexcoene's Avatar
    Well , someone posted a Abdul Alhazred, who was first mentioned in 1939, and nobody complained. I think that if you said "he was real in the Nasuverse", it could work. After all, Chtulhu exist in canon, so why not ?
    Last edited by Alexcoene; November 23rd, 2016 at 01:39 PM.

Totally not Eldritch WhatShouldNotBe's Avatar
    Too soon, in my opinion.
    He is older than servants like Ned Kelly, Red Baron, Simo Hayha, and other modern servants though.

The time period he would be from is about 1800s-1860s, when Shaka Zulu, Queen Victoria, were running around, and just after the era of Napoleon.
    Last edited by WhatShouldNotBe; November 23rd, 2016 at 01:41 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AvengerEmiya's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatShouldNotBe View Post
    He is older than servants like Ned Kelly, Red Baron, Simo Hayha, and other modern servants though.
    None of those should be Servants either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andaeus View Post
    Oh, fun! How often does a story actually leave the Idea Thread?
    Fate/Grand Order Doujins That Don't Suck [Updated: 3/2]

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Mata Hari says hi.

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The time period he would be from is about 1800s-1860s, when Shaka Zulu, Queen Victoria, were running around, and just after the era of Napoleon.
    Yeah but his book is not from that time period was it.

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexcoene View Post
    Mata Hari says hi.
    Old Li Shuwen is a better example; he died, IIRC, in the 1930s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

on one hand, I'm not really sure how canon compliant it is under standard circumstances.

however, Nasu rules are subverted all the time, plus you could argue that "he was based on a real civil war soldier" and sneak him in. Besides, people make modern heroic servants in this thread all the time. (Whether they should or not is debatable, but they do.)

so really, it's up to you. If you want to, you could probably make it work in some capacity.

Call of Chtulu was not really antideluvian either yet here he is, right in Gilles's summoning chant for his demons.
    Last edited by Alexcoene; November 23rd, 2016 at 02:16 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Everyone barring Simo Hayha that was named there has been born prior to the 1900-1904 cut-off.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The Phantom of the Opera (French: Le Fantôme de l'Opéra) is a novel by French writer Gaston Leroux. It was first published as a serialisation in Le Gaulois from September 23, 1909, to January 8, 1910. It was published in volume form in late March 1910 by Pierre Lafitte.
    Quote Originally Posted by go mats
    The mysterious person that appeared in the novel set in 19th Century, "The Phantom of the Opera"-- probably the individual that became its model.
    John Carter was the lead character in the first novel by Edgar Rice Burroughs, set on a fictionalized version of Mars known as Barsoom. Written between July and September 28, 1911, the novel was serialized as Under the Moons of Mars in the pulp magazine The All-Story from February to July 1912. It later appeared as a complete novel only after the success of Burroughs' Tarzan series. For its October 1917 hardcover publication by A.C. McClurg & Company, the novel was retitled A Princess of Mars.
    fuck the what

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Obviously he'd have a Reality Marble/
    but definitely not this
    Last edited by You; November 23rd, 2016 at 02:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Phantom of the Opera is a more recent book than you'd think, that's for sure. It sorta gives the impression of being about fifty years older than it actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    fuck the what
    Oh yeah, forgot about him. Well that settles it in my opinion. Go ahead, Whatshouldnotbe.
    Edit: Tough I really wonder what his class is going to be...
    Last edited by Alexcoene; November 23rd, 2016 at 02:33 PM.

Blog Entries
    It's pretty obvious GO kind of did away with the pre-established rules in order to find more low-hanging fruit they could make Servants out of. Or maybe book Servants are just special.
    I mean, Vlad gets infinitely stronger by calling on the powers of the book that was written three years before the cutoff date. Either way, it's not like we haven't had a bunch of WWI/II and in between Servants in here already.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    but definitely not this
    Hence I said "Or some other kind of ability".

@ All these Telemachus sheets: I like the base idea as well, but for some reason I have this image of his bow NP being actually impossible for him to string "properly" and he just uses it some other way normally

Then after character development in a fic he strings the thing and "surpasses/equals his father" in the symbolic sense

Idk just a thought

@John Carter of Mars, something something he's a wraithlike existence inspired by a true story of someone actually going to another realm (Other Side or some elemental's RM or something) and summoned as "John Carter of Mars" something like Kojirou; bam, now you can bullshit it

and the wraith is born before 1900

so i guess you could do it with something along those lines but i wouldn't personally because i don't much like the idea itself

oh i should clean up and post a sheet i have here actually, nearly forgot this thread existed
    When you read a post you made five years ago
    accurate descriptions of Type-Moon media
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    The Tsukihime remake is of the Hollow elemental alignment. It is that which is possible but does not exist in the physical realm. It is the antithesis of FGO, the Nothingness alignment, that which is impossible but materializes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Orleans: Gilles wishes upon the Grail to make his OC realSeptem: Nero is the best thing since sliced breadOkeanos: Jason is a douchebagLondon: I came here to piss on youAmerica: Make
    Ireland
    America
    Great AgainCamelot: When your liege tells you to return a sword to a sword-distributing strange woman lying in a pond, YOU FUCKING DO IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Meta View Post
    @ All these Telemachus sheets: I like the base idea as well, but for some reason I have this image of his bow NP being actually impossible for him to string "properly" and he just uses it some other way normally

Then after character development in a fic he strings the thing and "surpasses/equals his father" in the symbolic sense

Idk just a thought

@John Carter of Mars, something something he's a wraithlike existence inspired by a true story of someone actually going to another realm (Other Side or some elemental's RM or something) and summoned as "John Carter of Mars" something like Kojirou; bam, now you can bullshit it

and the wraith is born before 1900

so i guess you could do it with something along those lines but i wouldn't personally because i don't much like the idea itself

oh i should clean up and post a sheet i have here actually, nearly forgot this thread existed
    Uh, can you use punctuation and not make a paragraph for each sentence in your posts, please ? Because I think that they will quickly become annoying to read if you keep them like that. And I think this topic of discussion is pretty much closed by now.
    Last edited by Alexcoene; November 23rd, 2016 at 03:13 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ail Don View Post
    Or maybe book Servants are just special.
    Well Phantom of the Opera's summoning is possible because the individual who the book was based on was born prior to the 1900 cut off it seems and the Phantom you summon is basically that individual that's been affected and attributed with the book's content. So John Carter of Mars could be made into a Servant by saying that the individual who the book was based on was born prior to the cut off, which seems to be actually true judging from some of the comments in this thread.