Page 285 of 285 FirstFirst ... 185235275280283284285
Results 5,681 to 5,699 of 5699

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Just added Bond CEs to Seth. Check it! Of course, commentary is welcome.

Friend Code
    What are you, stupid?
    Blog Entries
    Calm down, yo.

Blog Entries
    The block function exists for a reason.
    SHARE THIS LUCKY BATHORY TO PASS YOUR EXAMS; IGNORE TO FAIL

Friend Code
    What are you, stupid?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear Consensus View Post
    The block function exists for a reason.
    Oh! Wow! I never knew!

Not Your Protagonist Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Berserker!Cain: So this is your 3rd take on this character? Looks at my four Uthers...

Anyways much like my Berserker version of Uther - this is the edgiest yet. Having four skills at A rank would seem a bit much originally but two at A+++? That seems a bit much; I'd reduce either Implacable or Glory of the Past. Innocent Monster doesn't seem to fit as you said (your version of) Cain wasn't a mindless killer but this is him in the state of the first killing as a bloodthirsty murderer so I'd either drop it or rephrase it.

For the sake of layout, I'd add the writing you put for the second NP but put the NP's in brackets. Also maybe use more brackets in general as your new formatting takes up like half of the page.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    Berserker!Cain: So this is your 3rd take on this character? Looks at my four Uthers...

Anyways much like my Berserker version of Uther - this is the edgiest yet. Having four skills at A rank would seem a bit much originally but two at A+++? That seems a bit much; I'd reduce either Implacable or Glory of the Past. Innocent Monster doesn't seem to fit as you said (your version of) Cain wasn't a mindless killer but this is him in the state of the first killing as a bloodthirsty murderer so I'd either drop it or rephrase it.

For the sake of layout, I'd add the writing you put for the second NP but put the NP's in brackets. Also maybe use more brackets in general as your new formatting takes up like half of the page.
    Regarding Skills... I didn't really plan on having two A+++ ranked ones but Implacable ended up having three conditional modifiers (in proportion to how much of an ideal slasher film victim the opponent is) and Aptitude For Slaughter was at that rank to begin with. (If I'd planned ahead more I might've had that Skill as just A++ to start with, but now I feel I have to keep it that way to be consistent)

Don't really understand what you mean regarding Innocent Monster, alas.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Don't really understand what you mean regarding Innocent Monster, alas.
    Berserker has become in truth the monster he was depicted as in legend- a remorseless brute driven solely by jealousy and rage.
    Become depicted as - as in was not like this in life. But you said this is him in the heat of the moment of murder. It contradicts.

- - - Updated - - -

Then again I have had a long day at work so I may have just lost the ability to read

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    Become depicted as - as in was not like this in life. But you said this is him in the heat of the moment of murder. It contradicts.

- - - Updated - - -

Then again I have had a long day at work so I may have just lost the ability to read
    Yeah, that's fair enough. I had it in my head that he went crazy during the moment of the first murder but it's because of Innocent Monster that he's been locked in that state permanently, but you're right that it's not really necessary. Since pretty much no Berserker Class Servant was actually mad every minute of their life.

To be honest, that Skill was really an artifact of back when I wasn't entirely sure what direction I was going with the character. I might just scrap it since it has by far the least flavor of his Skills anyway...

- - - Updated - - -

Scrapped Innocent Monster and kicked Glories Of The Past down to B rank. Thanks for the feedback, Hermes!

Looks good, Royd!
    Also, the updated list is a godsend. One thing I've noticed is that we could always use more Servants based on artists/writers/polymaths, such as:

• Vergil (Publius Vergilius Maro)
    • Lodovico Ariosto -- incidentally, Ariosto's renowned for his Furioso, but he was also a capable ambassador and administrator for the Fulc-Este branch of the House of Este. Also, his interactions with Astolfo would probably be hilarious.
    • Michelangelo Bonarroti
    • Robert Louis Balfour Stevenson

I could see some of them qualifying for the Caster slot, though there are a few other possibilities there (Rider comes to mind for Stevenson, who wrote about people going far and wide, but was also notable for his own, real-life travels).

For the history-based roster, we might also look into Giuseppe Garibaldi (one of the protagonists of Italy's indipendence, and another sort known as a traveler, as he was called "Hero of two Worlds"), and I'm surprised there's no Maximilien Robespierre yet; he'd make for a great Avenger, especially considering that we've got Marie and Sanson from GO to take into account.

Just a few ideas, and I'm quite willing to start looking into one or two of these once work allows me to settle down long enough.
    Last edited by Der Geist; Yesterday at 03:24 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Geist View Post
    Looks good, Royd!
    Also, the updated list is a godsend. One thing I've noticed is that we could always use more Servants based on artists/writers/Polymaths.

For the history-based roster, we might also look into Giuseppe Garibaldi (one of the protagonists of Italy's indipendence, and another sort known as a traveler, as he was called "Hero of two Worlds"), and I'm surprised there's no Maximilien Robespierre yet; he'd make for a great Avenger, especially considering that we've got Marie and Sanson from GO to take into account.

Just a few ideas, and I'm quite willing to start looking into one or two of these once work allows me to settle down long enough.
    On the subject of artists, Caravaggio would be a super interesting one.

Since you mentioned Robespierre, Jean Paul Marat would also be quite interesting to see.

Looks good, Royd!
    Also, the updated list is a godsend. One thing I've noticed is that we could always use more Servants based on artists/writers/polymaths, such as:

• Vergil (Publius Vergilius Maro)
    • Lodovico Ariosto -- incidentally, Ariosto's renowned for his Furioso, but he was also a capable ambassador and administrator for the Fulc-Este branch of the House of Este. Also, his interactions with Astolfo would probably be hilarious.
    • Michelangelo Bonarroti
    • Robert Louis Balfour Stevenson

I could see some of them qualifying for the Caster slot, though there are a few other possibilities there (Rider comes to mind for Stevenson, who wrote about people going far and wide, but was also notable for his own, real-life travels).

Those are certainly some interesting picks. I'd presume Virgil would have an NP of some sort based off his role as a guide in Dante's Inferno, since even though that came hundreds of years after his death it's by far one of the things most associated with him. Robespierre is also someone I've thought of doing a sheet for in the past, though as a Saber with his "idealistic yet tragically flawed revolutionary" aspects emphasized (and maybe genderbent). Avenger would work too though, and probably be a better fit for his real life character.

Friend Code
    101043939/キ&#12511
    Blog Entries
    robespierre is in GO

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    robespierre is in GO
    Yeah, but not as a Heroic Spirit.

Friend Code
    What are you, stupid?
    Blog Entries
    not everyone has to be a heroic spirit / servant

Quote Originally Posted by Ymir View Post
    not everyone has to be a heroic spirit / servant
    They do to get into this thread.

And I think, canon or not, leading one of the most defining revolutionary events in European history ought to be a Heroic Spirit worthy feat.

Friend Code
    i killed robespierre with shiki

was p lame

Quote Originally Posted by 4score7years View Post
    On the subject of artists, Caravaggio would be a super interesting one.

Since you mentioned Robespierre, Jean Paul Marat would also be quite interesting to see.
    Seconded, Marat would also be a good challenge to write.
    Caravaggio has a lot going, just by looking at his regrettably short life and his artistic technique, and he's pretty much a blueprint for the tormented/flawed genius type, with a healthy helping of intrigue, violence and blades being unsheathed in the dark. Also, a pretty grim demise; besides, adversity is an all-around recipe for Heroic Spirits.

One of his NPs would probably revolve around his use of light and dark. In terms of class containers, I'd say Avenger, Berserker or Caster (maybe non-Hassan Assassin too, and possibly Saber because of dueling, but I'd rather see Benvenuto Cellini in the latter role - he got into a few spats of his own, but he also went on to lead a more stable existence).
    Last edited by Der Geist; Today at 02:32 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    They do to get into this thread.

And I think, canon or not, leading one of the most defining revolutionary events in European history ought to be a Heroic Spirit worthy feat.
    Shinjuku showed that even just being 'famous' isn't enough to be a heroic spirit though.

Blog Entries
    Seconded, Marat would also be a good challenge to write.
    Caravaggio has a lot going, just by looking at his regrettably short life and his artistic technique, and he's pretty much a blueprint for the tormented/flawed genius type, with a healthy helping of intrigue, violence and blades being unsheathed in the dark. Also, a pretty grim demise; besides, adversity is an all-around recipe for Heroic Spirits.

One of his NPs would probably revolve around his use of light and dark. In terms of class containers, I'd say Avenger, Berserker or Caster (maybe non-Hassan Assassin too, and possibly Saber because of dueling, but I'd rather see Benvenuto Cellini in the latter role - he got into a few spats of his own, but he also went on to lead a more stable existence).
    I agree about his use of light and shadow as a possible NP. The other possibility I'd thought of was something to do with his realism even in depicting Religious figures, which was pretty revolutionary for the time.

I don't know what class would best fit him. He would certainly carry a sword, but I somehow feel that his personality isn't right for the Saber class, if that makes any sense. He seems more like a "Rogue" than the "knights" and "warriors" that usually inhabit the class. I'm also not the biggest fan of Berserker--it seems to take away the aspects of his personality that would make him interesting. So probably Caster, Assassin, or Avenger maybe.