Page 6 of 858 FirstFirst ... 45678111656106506 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

JP Friend Code
    Well in the end it's all bad fanfiction anyways, so i can't say that Bedivere sheet bothers me too much. I just hope Reiu doesn't see it.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    That's amazing! You should upgrade the rank.
    Rank of... what?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Reading Comprehension: E-
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Magikewl View Post
    Well in the end it's all bad fanfiction anyways, [...]
    Some of it is good.

Man, you guys posted a lot of sheets today/yesterday. Here's some feedback for a couple of them. (If I didn't provide feedback, it's probably because I don't really have anything to say that hasn't already been said.)

The ever-so-controversial Bedivere: I don't really see why the fact that he doesn't stick to canon is that big of a deal, to be honest. Alternate interpretations are always fine in my book. As for the sheet itself, it's...okay. His skills are pretty interesting.That said, I agree that his noble phantasm seems a little same-y. Like some others have said, it's a little too similar to the various other "unavoidable" attacks in canon. Maybe something a little different could spice it up.

Sir Kay: Hm. I like the sheet, but assassin seems like something of an odd choice class-wise. A little class diversity in the round table is always nice, but I don't know if the class really fits Kay. He always struck me as a sort of loud and boisterous type of guy, which is sort of the opposite of what being an assassin is all about. Does he have any mythological history of stealth that I am unaware of?

Vortigern: I love this sheet. I always love the big, bad bosses, and this guy doesn't disappoint. Dragon transformations are always cool, but the personality is also great. I find the idea that he might just ditch and head to Britain pretty damn funny. Great job.
    Last edited by 4score7years; August 17th, 2016 at 05:11 PM. Reason: spacing

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    I think it's more the fact that once upon a time a lot of the people here tried to take Nasuverse stuff specifically into account, thus why you didn't exactly see people completely remaking an Artoria or Gilgamesh or something and if they did do a hero that was already in canon, they just messed with things here and there rather than from the ground up. Completely making stuff up that flies directly in the face of canon really throws more weight into the "move this thread into fanfiction" camp.

I think it's more the fact that once upon a time a lot of the people here tried to take Nasuverse stuff specifically into account, thus why you didn't exactly see people completely remaking an Artoria or Gilgamesh or something and if they did do a hero that was already in canon, they just messed with things here and there rather than from the ground up.
    You're blowing things out of proportion here. There's a difference between a different take on a side character of a side story of the universe and a complete rewrite of some of the most important characters in the universe.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    He's, uh, sort of the main character of Camelot.

Which, I'm sorry to have to be the one to break it to you, but, FGO is not some side story of the universe. It's like, the universe, right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Even when we got stuff on Servants outside of FSN and Zero from Apo or Strange Fake, people in this thread started to go, okay, we'll work with what canon has to offer us rather than just go completely turnabout. It's a different paradigm is all.

- - - Updated - - -

And again, completely remaking the character is itself not the problem...assuming this thread weren't in the general Type Moon forum. Imma do my own thing is a little more fanfiction.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    We've had the new thread for not even a week and we've already had our first shenanigans. Anyways commentary time.

Kay: Parameters and skills are good though I question why he's in the assassin class, he didn't have a special dagger or anything but he did have a tale where he slew 9 witches with his sword so honestly it almost seems as if you've forced him into the class for the sake of the Noble Phantasm that you made up. His personality doesn't match the class at all either as Kay was loud, boisterous and had the subtlety of the buffalo train that killed Mufasa.

You also passed up the opportunity of giving him the class no merely pointless Nicknamer skill at EX- The servant can come up with a relevant and embarrassing nickname for a target that will always stick.

Vortigern: Your first sheet you say? He's pretty damn good. A powerful final boss character with abilities accurate to the legend and a highly entertaining personality as well. I look forward to your next one!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    Kay: Parameters and skills are good though I question why he's in the assassin class, he didn't have a special dagger or anything but he did have a tale where he slew 9 witches with his sword so honestly it almost seems as if you've forced him into the class for the sake of the Noble Phantasm that you made up. His personality doesn't match the class at all either as Kay was loud, boisterous and had the subtlety of the buffalo train that killed Mufasa.

You also passed up the opportunity of giving him the class no merely pointless Nicknamer skill at EX- The servant can come up with a relevant and embarrassing nickname for a target that will always stick.
    He's an Assassin because it fit the generally duplicitous personality I imagined of him. True, Kay is often portrayed as loud and boisterous too but in this case I more emphasized the 'eloquent rogue' aspect of him. Not really a problem I'd say since a lot of the Knights are depicted quite differently in various legends and spinoffs. Also my take on his personality seems a bit closer to canon, from what I could gleam off the wiki.

But yeah, he'd probably be more powerful as a Saber then Assassin. I fit him into that Class because A. I couldn't think of any good NPs for him as a Saber (even the one I did give him was a bit of a stretch) and B. it's been forever since I've last done an Assassin and I wanted to diversify. Not quite sure what you meant about the 'nicknamer' thing but I gave him Silver Tongue, which is a bit similar at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: Added an extra sentence to Kay's Inner Fire description saying that it grants immunity to fire-based attacks below the Skill's own ranking. I figured it fits, since being able to generate heat himself should naturally entail being more resistant to heat and fire in general.

He's, uh, sort of the main character of Camelot.

Which, I'm sorry to have to be the one to break it to you, but, FGO is not some side story of the universe. It's like, the universe, right now.
    Even when we got stuff on Servants outside of FSN and Zero from Apo or Strange Fake, people in this thread started to go, okay, we'll work with what canon has to offer us rather than just go completely turnabout. It's a different paradigm is all.
    And again, completely remaking the character is itself not the problem...assuming this thread weren't in the general Type Moon forum. Imma do my own thing is a little more fanfiction.
    Those are pretty decent points. (Tbh I should really go read whatever's out in English about Camelot, especially before attempting debates with people who have, so I apologize for that.) As of right now, all I can really say is that I like the sheet, and it seems pretty in line with what we saw of Bedivere in F/SN, but perhaps the new information changes that, something I again probably should have checked more before commenting.
    Last edited by 4score7years; August 17th, 2016 at 06:15 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 4score7years View Post
    Those are pretty decent points. (Tbh I should really go read whatever's out in English about Camelot, especially before attempting debates with people who have, so I apologize for that.) As of right now, all I can really say is that I like the sheet, and it seems pretty in line with what we saw of Bedivere in F/SN, but perhaps the new information changes that, something I again probably should have checked more before commenting.
    Sheet's definitely based off the Bedivere from F/SN rather then GO. I had most of it in my head before GO even came out, but only got the inspiration to write it up after.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lancer
    Sanada Yukimura

Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    STR: B+
    END: B-
    AGI: A+
    MAG: E
    LUCK: E
    NP: A

Class Skills

Magic Resistance (D): Grants protection against magical effects. Differently from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. This rank, which can cancels Single-Action spells, is Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy.

Personal Skills

Bravery (C): The ability to negate mental interference such as pressure, confusion and fascination. Not usable under the effects of Mad Enhancement.

Battle Continuation (B): The strength of vitality for predicaments. Also, the ability to withdraw from combat and reach allied territory alive after being defeated. As long as he doesn’t receive a fatal wound, Lancer can keep fighting. However, it does nothing to reduce the pain he feels or the strain on his body, and overuse of this skill will eventually cause him to collapse from exhaustion.

Gallant Charge (A): A skill representing one who favours attack over defense. Plus modifies are added to offensive actions, and minus modifiers are added to defensive actions. In addition, so long as he believes in victory, his Battle Continuation skill’s rank is increased. So long as his spear is true and his will is strong, the spirit of Sanada Yukimura will not waver.

Noble Phantasms

Sanada Yari: Burn, my Soul!

Anti-Unit, C: The spear of Sanada Yukimura which he uses in battle. In truth, any weapon wielded by Yukimura can become infused with this energy of this Noble Phantasm, which represents his fighting spirit. His weapon becomes infused with burning fire, the light of which can fill his allies with courage and determination. The power of the fire waxes and wanes with his will to fight, so long as he believes there is a chance for victory, the flames of his soul will never be extinguished.

Like A Shooting Star - Life Burning Meteor Dive

Anti-Army, A+:
    The pinnacle of the legend of Sanada Yukimura, his desperate charge at the enemy general during the Siege of Osaka Castle. Despite the massive disadvantage of his battalions, he managed to push through all the way to the Tokugawa army’s main camp before being forced to withdraw. Shortly after, exhausted and wounded, Yukimura was either killed or committed suicide, depending on the story. Upon activating this Noble Phantasm, Yukimura will become unable to defend or retreat until he is killed. Pouring the energy of his dying body into his spear, he becomes a meteor that blazes across the battle, scattering opponents before him and leaving desolation in his wake, with his every action aimed at taking the head of his foe, burning through every last ounce of his life and prana to achieve this goal, even as his body crumbles to ash. This attack will only cease once Yukimura’s will, stamina and very life have been extinguished.

Lore
    Dislikes: Turtling
    Talents: Determination
    Natural Enemy: Sanada Nobuyuki

Sanada Nobushige, widely known by as Yukimura, the romanticised version of his name, was a general at the end of the Sengoku Era in Japan. Serving both the Takeda and Toyotomi families, he met his death during the Siege of Osaka, and was eulogized as ‘the greatest warrior in Japan’.

Though not possessed of a great deal of intellect, he is a fiery and passionate man who will wholeheartedly devote his spear to his Master’s cause, regardless of their goal. Though without doubt a great warrior, his recklessness could potentially cause problems for his team down the line, and without specific orders he will rely on his own judgement, which usually ends badly more often than not.

- - - Updated - - -

Alternative faceclaim
    Last edited by asterism42; March 1st, 2017 at 12:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Yukimura's pretty good. I like the Gallant Charge Skill (which is awesomely named, BTW) and his NPs are simple, but well thought-out. In general, lots of hot-blooded Shonen type stuff going on with this guy, which I'm a sucker for so that's certainly well appreciated. With his personality he sounds like a very fun Servant to watch in a Grail War.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Magikewl View Post
    Well in the end it's all bad fanfiction anyways, so i can't say that Bedivere sheet bothers me too much. I just hope Reiu doesn't see it.
    Too late. Arashi and mew have pretty much said everything for me, though. Except,

You're blowing things out of proportion here. There's a difference between a different take on a side character of a side story of the universe and a complete rewrite of some of the most important characters in the universe.
    Bedivere is a fucking important...(ry

obligatory translation whoring ↓

Bedivere's backstory is mainly revealed in Act 17: Replica (5/5), which is translated on the forum.

Good on you for linking to a translation rather than berating people for not understanding Japanese.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

Blog Entries
    Oh, no, she's berating you. You have to yomitoru the gengai no imi.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Sorry can I get that in English please?

It doesn't make any sense when I ask Google-sensei.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    The other thing is sorta, well, people in this thread and a few others have in times past shown to A) not read some source material that actually is available and translated, B) disregarded the people that have read said material pointing out problems, C) disregarded the people that can read the untranslated material (many of which do in fact translate this stuff as they go along), and D) regularly only go into a thread where people are openly discussing that stuff every once in a while, plucking out a tiny bit of stuff from there or on wikis, and then start talking about it like they get it all. I don't think some people would come across as dismissive to those that can't read the Japanese if said people also straight up read the English at the very least. Even the people playing the game without reading Japanese can figure out what's going on with a little help from others talking about it in the threads.

I also don't know how you get anything from "Bedivere as we saw him in FSN" since all there was on him was he hoped for the king's happiness, said "I tossed the sword like you said," and missed an opportunity to make an Aerosmith reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Funderfullness View Post
    Good on you for linking to a translation rather than berating people for not understanding Japanese.
    I'm not seeing how translations would have helped any as apparently summaries are enough to tell you how "in a lot of ways I was disappointed how (this character) was shilled"
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth
    My stuff | GO stuff | YouTube | Twitter