Page 287 of 287 FirstFirst ... 187237277282285286287
Results 5,721 to 5,734 of 5734

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The Cretan Bull, summoned forth as a Minion. The Black Sails - allows him to fake his own death/obscures his whole stat sheet like the Shadow Lantern Skill. Cheap discount Goddess of War representing his short lived kidnap of Hipployta.
    One idea I can think of for the Black Sails is some kind of dark mist that engulfs his body, obscuring his stats like you said and also imposing a 'despair' status ailment on everyone around him (reflecting how Theseus' father killed himself when he saw the sails and believed his son had died).

But that's pretty much just a discount For Someone's Glory, so I'd have to think of some way to set it apart. (Maybe including the actual sail and attached mast, repurposed as a spear of some kind?)

In any case, the ideas I've gotten are certainly interesting (I'll have to look more into the lore surrounding Hippolyta and his son in particular) so I'll definitely keep them in mind should I ever get around to writing up the sheet. For now though I'm working on a different one, in fact a remake to one of my earliest sheets from when I'd first gotten an account here. Cookies to anyone managing to guess who it is!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    For now though I'm working on a different one, in fact a remake to one of my earliest sheets from when I'd first gotten an account here. Cookies to anyone managing to guess who it is!
    Well, the Library of Alexandria was your first Caster and it's listed as a favorite, but you don't talk about it that much (relative to for example Quixote), so I wouldn't say it'd be my number 1 guess.

Squanto. I remember you saying that was a favorite when we were guessing about Quixote. I'll go with that.

Pondering for new ideas. Zh1212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    For now though I'm working on a different one, in fact a remake to one of my earliest sheets from when I'd first gotten an account here. Cookies to anyone managing to guess who it is!
    ...I'm guessing Christopher Columbus. While it was one of your best, it seems lacking when comparing to your recent bests.

Those are some good guesses but actually it's not any of the above. Though Squanto is somebody I've seriously considered doing a remake (or even an alternate version of) in the past, and Columbus could maybe use some tinkering to raise him up to my current standards. Mainly in terms of Skills though, since his NPs are already plenty well-described.

Also, you guys are all kind of jumping the gun a little. I never said the Servant being revised was a "favorite" per-se...

Blog Entries
    I'll take one more guess, then. What about Adam? It would fit with your recent trend of Biblical sheets from that period what with the three Cains, Abel, and Seth.

Then again, maybe you're looking for a bit of a break from all that, in which case I'll just have to wait and see what you come up with.

But yeah Adam is my last guess.

Quote Originally Posted by 4score7years View Post
    I'll take one more guess, then. What about Adam? It would fit with your recent trend of Biblical sheets from that period what with the three Cains, Abel, and Seth.

Then again, maybe you're looking for a bit of a break from all that, in which case I'll just have to wait and see what you come up with.

But yeah Adam is my last guess.
    You're actually quite close in that it is part of a series of Servants belonging to a particular mythology I've done lately, but not that particular one alas.

Not Your Protagonist Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You're actually quite close in that it is part of a series of Servants belonging to a particular mythology I've done lately, but not that particular one alas.
    Let's see, out of all the mythos you've done recently here are my candidates:

Norse Mythology
    • Freyja
    • Odin

Christianity:
    • Loginus
    • Samson
    • Methuselah
    • Judah Maccabee

...One of those is definitely it.

The black sail could be a cloak or something right? Sorry if that's not the best idea but it's a simple change of a sail to a cloak. Or maybe just having a ship... that would be kind of weird though

Friend Code
    What are you, stupid?
    Blog Entries
    Cookies to anyone managing to guess who it is!
    Just release it or go away.
    Last edited by Ymir; Today at 02:07 PM.

Sorry as I know this is rather ignorant of me but if my potential servant was from literature (when the literature is set in the real world) should I post this here or elsewhere? If so where.
    Sorry I don't mean to be a bother I just thought that in the long-term it may help me in avoiding confusion, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by sherlock1110 View Post
    Sorry as I know this is rather ignorant of me but if my potential servant was from literature (when the literature is set in the real world) should I post this here or elsewhere? If so where.
    Sorry I don't mean to be a bother I just thought that in the long-term it may help me in avoiding confusion, sorry.
    Basically, if the work's in the public domain by now (i.e Sherlock Holmes, the Phantom Of The Opera), it's okay here. If not, it should probably go in Modern Fiction instead.

- - - Updated - - -

The black sail could be a cloak or something right? Sorry if that's not the best idea but it's a simple change of a sail to a cloak. Or maybe just having a ship... that would be kind of weird though
    Sail as a cloak is actually a really good idea. I'll definitely keep that in mind if I ever work on the sheet. Thanks!

Thank you, I'm really sorry to have occupied your time but thank you for your time. I believe the work is public domain so thank you for your guidance in this. Please have a nice day

Thank you, I'm really sorry to have occupied your time but thank you for your time. I believe the work is public domain so thank you for your guidance in this. Please have a nice day
    You're welcome. And it wasn't a burden at all. It's always a privilege to be able to talk with some enterprising Servant crafters!