Baeber of Black Nuclear Consensus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    lol did i stutter

even more inconvenient truths: genderbends are the original sin
    黄金の夢から醒め。

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Everyday itís a battle of integrity and honor to not stoop to genderbending
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

Baeber of Black Nuclear Consensus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Attributes

Appearance

Class: Ruler
    True Name: Nikolai Aleksandrovich Romanov
    Aliases: Nicholas II, Bloody Nicholas, Nicky
    Source: Historical fact
    Region: Russia
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Height: 190 cm
    Weight: 87 kg
    Parameters
    Strength: D
    Constitution: B
    Agility: C
    Magical Energy: A
    Luck: D
    Noble Phantasm: C
    Skills and Noble Phantasm
    Class Skills
    God's Resolution: A
    A Class Skill of the Ruler class, and the privilege of the Ruler presiding over the Holy Grail War; the right to use Command Spells against Servants, only given to Rulers. Two Command Spells can be used for each Servant participating in the Holy Grail War. Cannot re-purpose the Command Spells of others.

True Name Discernment: B+
    Class Skill of the Ruler class where status information such as one's identity, Skills and Parameters are automatically revealed to the owner of this Skill when directly encountering a Servant. During a direct encounter, a Servant's true name and entire status information will be automatically revealed. In regards to Servants with concealment abilities, a Luck Check is required to bypass those abilities. A plus-correction is applied due to the nature of one Nicholas' contracted spirit.

Magic Resistance
    : A
    Protection against magical effects. Cancel spells of A-Rank or below, no matter what High-Thaumaturgy it is. Nicholas possesses an unusually high rank of Magic Resistance due to his strong faith. However, when faced with the Church's sacraments, or sorceries founded on the Church's mysteries, it is possible that Magic Resistance will not function to its fullest extent.

Contract with Samovilas
    : B
    A Class Skill signifying the formation of a contract with a spirit of Slavic legend. Although the Romanovs were known to be Shamans (spirit-users), Nicholas did not awaken as the family's magical successor and inherit its familiar. Instead, the Sirin currently bonded to him established the pact moments before his death.
    Personal Skills
    Imperial Privilege: A
    An ability that, due to the insistence of the owner, Skills that are essentially impossible to possess can be obtained for a short period of time. For Nicholas, the relevant Skills are statecraft, jurisprudence, Riding, spirit-channeling techniques, among others.

Soul of a Martyr
    : C
    A mental protection that negates mental interference. Nicholas, who possesses a strong faith, is revered as a martyr who accepted even execution with extreme humility.

Instruction from on High
    : A
    A Skill that allows one to acquire information, including those regarding future events. It differs from Revelation in that the former is "a vision sent by God", whereas Instruction from on High is "receiving information from one of God's messengers". Therefore, it is possible to receive information on things like strategy, thaumaturgical techniques, etc.
    Noble Phantasm
    Sumerki Kremlin
    Afterglow, Abominable Fortress of Blood

Type: Fortress Noble Phantasm
    Range: 1-99
    Maximum targets: 11 people and 1 animal
    A reproduction of the fortresses (kremlin, or kreml) that are scattered all over Russia. Having inherited the blood of emperors (Tsars), Nicholas can summon an extremely solid and magnificent fortress, employing it to defend himself. Furthermore, only those chosen by Nicholas can enter this castle. The entire fortress will swoop down on those not chosen.

Sirin Sirin
    Sing, Otherworldly Bird of Paradise

Type: Spirit Noble Phantasm
    Range: 1-25
    Maximum targets: 50 people
    Unnleashing the full capacity of the Sirin, the "bird of happiness that resides in Paradise" that formed a contract with Nicholas. Its magic voice becalms all combatants, bestowing severe demerits towards attack damage and forbidding the use of weapons and Noble Phantasms, and dispels debuffs among the allied camp.
    Background
    Personality
    At first glance, a cold man. He has a detached, formal way of speaking, and will not turn his gaze away from the person he is speaking to, no matter what. However, if one were to spend enough time with him, one would discover warmth, loyalty, piety, and maybe a few other things. Truly, an archetypal
    kuudere
    man of the tundra

Nicholas also shows a great desire for self-improvement. Having learnt harshly from the lessons of the past, it seems he has sworn an oath to perform his duties as best he can using the materials at hand. He also demonstrates great care for his contracted spirit, addressing it in familiar terms.
    Motivation/Attitude towards the Master
    Being a Ruler, Nicholas holds no desire to achieve the Holy Grail. For him, simply being granted the chance to prove himself as an adjudicator is enough. With regard to the Master, Nicholas will do his best to establish cordial relations, but his strong faith means that he will not condone any sort of wrongdoing.
    Speech example
    "Felicitations, Master. Ruler, Nikolai Aleksandrevich Romanov, has been summoned. It is by the grace of God that I stand before you. Ah, but where are my manners? This here is my partner, the bird of paradise Sirin."
    "I understand that my daughter has caused you quite a bit of trouble awhile back. I profusely apologize for her misbehavior."
    "Things that I like? This may appear unseemly, but I greatly enjoy commoner's fare. Something about the humbleness of the meal makes it all the more delicious for me."
    "The enemies of the tsar have been neutralized. Excellent work, my Master."
    Historical depiction
    The last
    tsar
    emperor
    of Russia. Born to Emperor Alexander III of Russia, he led a comfortable life as the heir to the throne. His father had planned to leave him uneducated in the art of statecraft until the age of thirty, but it was not to be. Alexander III suddenly died when Nicholas was twenty-six, leaving one of the largest empires in Europe in the hands of a pure novice.

From that day onward, Nicholas prominently displayed two sides to his personality. His piety, steadfastness, and excellence of character is readily demonstrated by the numerous letters he wrote to his children and his relatives. On the other hand, he showed a clear incompetence in handling matters of state, brutally repressing all manner of rebellions and earning the moniker "Bloody Nicholas" among his enemies. His mismanagement of the empire eventually led to a revolution aimed at abolishing the Russian Empire and overthrowing the Emperor.

Nicholas, along with the rest of his family and a handful of staff, was executed by Communist insurgents on the night of July 16, 1918. For his courage and humility in death, he was canonized by the Russian Orthodox Church as a "passion-bearer", or a martyr who exemplified Christ's virtues, even in the face of death.
    General armament
    Nicholas mainly fights using
    Shamanism
    spirit-channeling techniques
    to command the Sirin. He also wields a sword and a revolver.
    Connection with other characters
    Anastasia Nikolaevna Romanova
    Beloved daughter. Although no small amount of tears will be shed during their reunion, a harsh scolding will probably be in store for the little girl and her pranks.

Ivan Grozny (Yaga)
    Esteemed predecessor. Nicholas respects him, and daily prays for the soul of the beast king who cast off his humanity for the sake of his kingdom.

King Solomon
    Role model. The anecdotes demonstrating Solomon's God-given wisdom inspire Nicholas, even until the present.

Author's notes
    Inspired by a picture of Nioh!Nobunaga and his birb, and spurred to completion by the centenary of the Romanov executions. The first NP was copypasta'd straight from Nastya's profile because duh, ofc Nicholas would have that NP too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear Consensus View Post
    lol did i stutter

even more inconvenient truths: genderbends are the original sin
    turn their weapons against them, turn a woman into a muscular hot guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?

The vast depths of the Kaleidoscope, second corner at the right
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'd actually enjoy seeing that. No homo, tho
    Leysritt needs more screentime and love

Blog Entries
    Assassin of the Labyrinth
    Class: Assassin
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Title: Prince of Athens/Theseus Lily
    True Name: Theseus
    Origin: Greek Mythology
    Armament: Shortsword and Ariadneís Thread

Parameters
    Strength: C
    Endurance: D
    Agility: C
    Mana: B
    Luck: C
    Noble Phantasm: C

Class Skills
    Presence Concealment: E
    A skill that allows the erasure of oneís presence. Theseus is a warrior by nature and used to more upfront confrontations than the fight he had against the Minotaur, resulting in a weak version of this skill.

Independent Action: C
    Normally, a skill reserved for the Archer class, Theseus is a prince and future king of Athens in this iteration and will not bow to any Master should he not want to. Or if Ariadne is summoned and he wants to run away.

Personal Skills
    Divinity: D
    The son of Poseidon as well as the son of Aegeus, king of Athens, a mix of human and god unlike many others, making his divinity weaker than most demigod heroes.

Blessing of the Maiden: A
    The princess of Crete, Ariadne, fell in love with the young Athenian on sight with no knowledge of his true identity. With her help, Theseus was able to learn the weaknesses of both the Labyrinth and the Minotaur, allowing him to kill the monster. Even in this modern age, Theseus hears Ariadne whispering lovingly into his ear, telling him his enemies weaknesses. It's really creepy.

Black Sails: B
    Upon his return to Athens, Theseus failed to change the black sails of his ship to white, which would have told his father he survived the trial of the Labyrinth. Believing his son had died, King Aegeus threw himself from the cliffs of Athens into the sea, named the Aegean Sea in his honor. Now, Theseus wears this sail upon his back in mourning and a symbol of his folly. The sight of it causes opponents to feel overwhelming grief.

Oathbreaker: C
    Theseus, in exchange for her help in defeating the Minotaur and surviving the Labyrinth, promised to marry Ariadne. Clearly, this did not happen. This broken promise symbolizes a moment of betrayal from Theseus that lingers into his servant form. It acts as a pseudo-Magical Resistance to symbolize his denial of the witch princess.

Noble Phantasm
    A Dangerous Clue
    Minotaurus Fratricide
    Type: Anti-Unit

The magical thread Ariadne gifted to Theseus to guide him through the Labyrinth, also known as a clew. Without it, Theseus would have surely perished within the Labyrinth either at the hands of her brother, the Minotaur, or starvation and fatigue from being lost within the maze. Without it, her brother may have lived. Thusly, the clew can be seen as the weapon that killed the Minotaur and acts as such in this form.

Appearing as a simple string bracelet, when its True Name is called, the bracelet will send out threads to wrap around the target, constricting them. The voice of Ariadne will whisper into their ear sweet nothings of sisterly love and compassion as their body crushed by the strings. It is extremely effective against more monstrous foes.

Appearance
    A handsome youth with dark hair and eyes the color of the sea. A tattered black cloak wraps around him, forming a heavy cowl over his head. A simple string bracelet hangs around his wrist and a short sword hangs on the belt around his waist. Alongside his sword hangs the bloodstained horn of the minotaur.

Personality
    This iteration of Theseus is much more subdued and solemn than any other, still plagued by the grief of his fatherís death and taking little happiness in killing the Minotaur. He does not regret slaying the monster, only that such a monster existed in the first place, living only to suffer. To put it simply, this Theseus is in a bit of an emo phase, prone to monologues about life and death in a fashion that makes an old playwright smile. But there is nothing to smile at. The boy has lost the father he had journeyed through many hardships to meet all through his own fault. His world is black. He has his pride as a prince, but still doubts himself and whether he is worthy of such a feeling.

Lore
    This iteration of the hero Theseus comes from the legend of the Minotaur and his slaying of the monster, the somber returning prince rather than the proud king. He journeyed to Crete to try and stop the monster from devouring the fourteen children sent each year by slaying the beast. Though his son was a mighty warrior, King Aegeus worried he would not be able to stand against such a creature. Nevertheless, Theseus set out and promised to return, promising he would raise white sails on the ship as they entered the harbor to signal his victory.
    With that, Theseus sailed with the other thirteen children and hid amongst them, not wanting to reveal his true identity.

Upon arrival in Crete, Theseus and the children was greeted by King Minos and his daughter, Ariadne. With a single glance, the Cretan princess was charmed, falling head over heels in love with the secret Athenian prince. She confronted him later to make her feelings known and Theseus saw his advantage. He told the princess of his plan to kill the Minotaur and asked for her help. Ariadne was hesitant at first, but with some egging, she agreed to help him.

The next day, as the children were being sent to the Labyrinth, Ariadne was able to slip Theseus a ball of string, telling him it was enchanted and that all he need do is unravel and he would reach the beast to slay it. And so he did.

With the Minotaur now dead, Theseus escaped Crete with the other thirteen Athenian children and Ariadne in tow. As they sailed away, the princess made clear her intentions to marry him. This would've been a fine idea had Theseus loved her. In truth, Theseus cared very little for the princess, unable to disconnect her from her despicable father and monstrous half-brother. Her appearance certainly didn't help her. However, Theseus did not wish to upset the princess as she was the niece of the witch Circe and had learned from her motherís knee the arts of magic. Theseus prayed to the gods for a way out of this situation. His salvation came in the form of Dionysus.

The wine god had fallen in love with the Cretan princess many years ago and desired to be with her. Dionysus told Theseus to leave Ariadne on the shores of Naxos and he would never be troubled by her again. Theseus agreed, docking on Naxos for the night, making camp in the beach. Before the sun rose, he awakened his crew and set sail, leaving Ariadne behind with some supplies in case the wine god had lied to him. He never saw her again.

Relieved to be done with Minos and his family, Theseus rested and in his rest forgot to raise the white sails. King Aegeus watched the horizon upon the bay with deep anxiety, fearing the sight of the black sail decreeing his sonís death. The ships appeared upon the horizon and Aegeus rushed to see them, taking up a spyglass and gazing at the sails, raven and fluttering in the wind. Grief overflowed from the kingís chest. He had lost all reason and will to live and thusly, cast himself from the cliffs of Athena.

From the moment he learned of his fatherís death, there originates this Theseus and his darker feelings.
    Last edited by Wizard; Today at 02:12 PM.

Across This New Borderline RoydGolden's Avatar
    That's a really cool take on Theseus. My only critique is that Black Sails feels more fitting as an NP than a Skill, though I admit that boundary has been kind of blurred in GO with several Servants having some of their NPs classified as Skills (like Mordred's Secret Of Pedigree).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    That's a really cool take on Theseus. My only critique is that Black Sails feels more fitting as an NP than a Skill, though I admit that boundary has been kind of blurred in GO with several Servants having some of their NPs classified as Skills (like Mordred's Secret Of Pedigree).
    Thanks, II wasn't sure what to do with it so I stuck with it being a skill. Might change it later. I wanted to do an Assassin to go along with my Rider from before and Theseus seems like a good fit. Now I'm working on the Caster to finish up.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, is it usually this slow? Seems kind of quite the past two days.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors pinetree's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
    Also, is it usually this slow? Seems kind of quite the past two days.
    Shhhhhh, Shiki-pon is sleeping, let him rest.