Page 386 of 858 FirstFirst ... 286336376381384385386387388391396436486 ... LastLast
Results 7,701 to 7,720 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

夜属 Nightkin
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepMode View Post
    In turn, any thoughts on my Liu Bang sheet? It would be helpful in improving it.
    There really isn't anything wrong with it. Nothing that's glaringly over inflated or doesn't belong. The custom Skills are interesting and have some nice thought behind them. I would use Flame Emperor/Yan Di instead of Red Emperor/King but that's just a nitpick on my own part.

The only thing I think would change is in the Lóngyǐng NP. I feel you should remove the attack drone function from it, especially if you want to keep it at C Rank. Liu Bang might be Lucky and Blessed/Protected by Heaven but the future Emperor still should/need to fight his own battles.

I really like what you did with Chì Xiāo though. Very appropriate for the concept and reference.
    Last edited by Theoneandonlyz; September 16th, 2017 at 07:44 PM.

Blog Entries
    In turn, any thoughts on my Liu Bang sheet? It would be helpful in improving it.
    The sheet was overall really well-done.

The lore and personality sections were especially good, most people (inluding me) just neglects the personality and history section and just lazily copy paste the history section from elsewhere (including me), but you put some efforts on it.

Also, can anyone please give another though on my Heinrich sheet? I'm really curious about this one...

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Source

Female Version

The Fool

Alternate Classes: All Standard Servant Classes
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Alias: Wild Card, The Jester, The Joker, “The Main Protagonist”, Blank Slate
    Origin: Egypt

Parameters

Strength: (E~A+)
    Endurance: (E~A+)
    Agility: (E~A+)
    Mana: (E~A+)
    Luck: (C) [EX]
    NP: (E~EX)

Dislikes: Varies
    Talents: Learning New Things
    Natural Enemy: Meaninglessness
    Attribute: Man~Star

Skills
    Class Skills

None
    (Check Infinity Zero NP)

Personal Skills

Affections of Fate: (A+)
    A skill for one who is deeply loved by Fate, in some and place. One could call it the greatest blessing in the world. This skill boosts the rank of his Luck, under the circumstances that he does not lose his faith and determination. A personal destiny, some philosophers believe that if someone believes in a dream with all their heart and soul, and are willing of going out into the World to achieve it, Fate itself will do all it can to make their dream a reality. The Fool is unaware of the existence of this skill at the start. He’ll eventually come to a realization once he reaches roughly half way into his journey, more specifically, the Wheel of Fortune (11) stage.

Self-Upheaval: (A)
    A skill where originally, Servants are summoned in their golden age, but the Servant was exceptionally as an existence that “will grow up from now on”. The Fool is naïve, innocent, and inexperienced. He lacks common sense and knows very little of the World and its hardships, aside from what the Holy Grail informed him. His Master becomes sort of a mentor to the Fool, teaching the ways of humans and the World, both positive and negative. As the journey continues, The Fool will grow, not just in power, but as a person. Soon, he’ll be capable of forming his own opinions and thoughts, slowly acquiring a sense of purpose and seeing the “bigger picture”.

Experience Acquisition: (A)
    Opposite of skills such as Wisdom of Divine Gift or Wisdom of the Haunted Ground, it is the ability, not to teach, but to learn from others. A form of wisdom to acquire even more knowledge, for the purpose of improving oneself as a person. Though he is naïve and foolish, The Fool possesses infinite growth and learning capabilities incomparable to even the brightest of geniuses. Maintaining an open mind and paying close attention, acquiring new skills from others is possible, this also includes the fighting styles of others as well. At first, the skill starts of in its lowest rank of E and through training and practice, the ranking of skills can increase over time.

Numerically speaking, The Fool represents the number zero, the very beginning. It is empty, nothingness, yet, it contains infinite possibilities. So long as The Fool tries and does not give up, there is practically nothing he can’t learn.

Noble Phantasms

The Fool’s Journey

A Never-Ending Adventure of Wonders and Tragedies
    Type: ???
    Range: -
    Maximum Targets: -

An ability that represents the metaphor for the journey through life. Each stage on that journey is reflected through the Major Arcana, in which there are 22 in total, including The Fool being (0) or the first one. These Arcana’s give an experience that a person must incorporate to realize his wholeness. Initially, The Fool is a weak Servant whose statistics equal “STR: (E), END: (E), AGI: (E), MANA: (E), LUCK: (C), NP: (E)”.

In terms of mechanics, this Noble Phantasm is similar Child of the Sun, differentiating by the fact it does not raise The Fool’s abilities every day that passes. Instead, The Fool’s abilities raise as he encounters the stages of the Arcana, in other words, when he experiences what life has to offer. Using video game terms, The Fool is like an RPG character that levels up and gets stronger when he reaches harder areas and gains experience points.

The Arcana can take the form of people, objects, or even events. The Master of The Fool, for example, would most definitely represent an Arcana, and thus will play a key role in his life. People who symbolize an Arcana will become ingrained in The Fool’s journey, and find themselves connected, as if by fate, to him.

When The Fool overcomes or understands these stages, he undergoes a growth phenomenon, where he emotionally and physically improves. Gaining a Point, it would subconsciously allocate itself into a stat, except Luck, that it deems most appropriate at the time. The process goes as the following:
    “E > D > C > B > A > A+”, requiring a total of 20 points to max out, the completion of all the Arcana save for the last, the World (21). Reaching the final Arcana causes his final and ultimate Noble Phantasm to unlock.

Infinity Zero
    Unlimited Possibilities
    Type: Anti-Unit

The physiology of the Fool Arcana as the number 0, sublimed into a Noble Phantasm. This power grows alongside his Noble Phantasm, The Fool’s Journey, and skill, Experience Acquisition. Symbolizing the infinity in zero, The Fool is capable of swap between all seven of the Standard Servant classes. In a way, this makes him the “wild card” of the Holy Grail War, being able to fill any empty Servant slot.

Each class has its own status and abilities included with it. The class skills start of at E Rank, steadily increasing with the use of Experience Acquisition. Additionally, each class contain their own Noble Phantasms which are exclusive to their own class, requiring The Fool to swap classes if he wishes to utilize them. These specific Noble Phantasms grow in accordance what stage he is in during The Fool’s Journey.

Examples
    Saber would have the Justice, granting him Mana Burst (Air) and Mental Clarity, which renders him immune to mental inference as well as being able to make strategic decisions on the spot to achieve victory. The sword is imbued with the concept of break-through, possessing defense-ignoring properties that can pierce through all kinds of defenses.

Berserker would have the Strength, enhancing his body with the Bravery skill. More notably, an unshakable resolve that allows him to face life’s hardships without backing down. Essentially, it covers him in “Hyper Armor”, a special status that can face any opposition and ignore it as if it wasn’t there. When faced against an energy beam, for example, The Fool can power through the attack without stopping even for a second, resistant to the knockback and recoil. Note that The Fool still takes damage however, it only looks like he isn’t.

Rider would have the Chariot, attaining the Eye of the Mind (True) skill and summon a Chariot to use as a mount. While The Fool is riding the Chariot, he has the ability to assert is will over others, functioning as a sort of mental attack, causing the masses to listen him as their king should they fail the check.

The Fool’s World
    The End is the Beginning of Anew - All the World’s Fulfillments
    Type: Anti-World

After a long and grueling journey, The Fool reenters the World with a more complete understanding. Achieving wholeness, he has reached a new level of happiness and fulfillment. The Fool has experienced life as full and meaningful, the future filled with infinite promise. In line with his personal calling, he has become a part of the World and because he acts with inner certainty, the whole World conspires to see that his efforts are rewarded.

It is unknown what the true effect of this Noble Phantasm is, what it does, or if it’s even possible to acquire in the first place. Regardless, The Fool will never stop going. Even if the people he associates with tell him it’s impossible, that not everyone gets what they want in life and that dreams are purely fantasies, The Fool will follow his own path to discover himself and find his place in the World. Chasing a dream that might never come true.

Perhaps, they too might understand that The Fool’s Journey was not so foolish after all. For only the insane dares to go against life’s hardships to follow their dreams, and it takes only a Fool can pull it off.
    Last edited by Aridwolverine; September 18th, 2017 at 02:25 AM.

US Friend Code
    Tbh I kinda want to give a word on this Kramer sheet if only because I always really liked how "character-like" this guy was after hearing about him in the past.

Spoiler:
    On the technical side I'm not sure if it makes sense to give him Magic Resistance EX, or at least it feels like it should be maybe related to some other modifier like one of his Noble Phantasms. I also think that you didn't quite give him a good enough background outside of his literal 'historical' one to justify his Mystery. The witch hunt as a concept is something that makes sense to generate mystery, but the way Kramer is in your sheet feels like he himself shouldn't possess it.

One way you could make this better imo is if you could set him better in the context of the nasuverse, and show how he managed to accumulate all that power while in life. Like, how effective he really was when hunting witches(magi)? Was he an Executor? He must have been one right, he even has the black keys.
    So in his context, were Witch Hunts effective?

And how does he deal with his own heretical nature? In a world where the Church not only allows heretics to exist, it is complicit with them?

And Protection of the Faith mentions that those that sacrificed themselves for their religion obtain it, but how did Kramer really sacrifice himself? Wouldn't his action actually put him closer to one like Gilles de Rais, making him more fit for a skill like mental pollution? Vlad, who possesses a similar level of this skill, was actually a front line warrior who risked his life in every battle he fought in the name of the Christianity.

And again, about his magical resistance, some effects like the ability to set fire to magi seems like something that should be connected somehow to a stronger aspect of his summon. He did relentlessly execute countless heretics(I think), but his true claim to fame is the Hammer/Book. You do say that he gets his magical resistance thanks to his book, but then maybe the noble phantasm itself should be nullifying magic instead of a 'passive' skill ingrained in Kramer.

Er, I spoiler tagged my comments since it turned out a bit more wordier than I expected...
    One last detail, Idk if it was your intention, but I do appreciate the contradiction of a witch hunter summoned in the caster class as a servant. It would be nice if the sheet were to approach this angle in some way too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruisu View Post
    Tbh I kinda want to give a word on this Kramer sheet if only because I always really liked how "character-like" this guy was after hearing about him in the past.
    Thank you so much for the review. I really appreciate it.

Spoiler:

I also think that you didn't quite give him a good enough background outside of his literal 'historical' one to justify his Mystery. One way you could make this better imo is if you could set him better in the context of the nasuverse, and show how he managed to accumulate all that power while in life. Like, how effective he really was when hunting witches(magi)? Was he an Executor? He must have been one right, he even has the black keys.
    So in his context, were Witch Hunts effective?

And how does he deal with his own heretical nature? In a world where the Church not only allows heretics to exist, it is complicit with them?
    Yeah, I probably need to remake the history and personality sections for more justifications.

The witch hunt as a concept is something that makes sense to generate mystery, but the way Kramer is in your sheet feels like he himself shouldn't possess it.
    May I know why?

And Protection of the Faith mentions that those that sacrificed themselves for their religion obtain it, but how did Kramer really sacrifice himself? Wouldn't his action actually put him closer to one like Gilles de Rais, making him more fit for a skill like mental pollution? Vlad, who possesses a similar level of this skill, was actually a front line warrior who risked his life in every battle he fought in the name of the Christianity.
    Yeah, I should change it to something similar to Mental Pollution.

On the technical side I'm not sure if it makes sense to give him Magic Resistance EX, or at least it feels like it should be maybe related to some other modifier like one of his Noble Phantasms. And again, about his magical resistance, some effects like the ability to set fire to magi seems like something that should be connected somehow to a stronger aspect of his summon. He did relentlessly execute countless heretics(I think), but his true claim to fame is the Hammer/Book. You do say that he gets his magical resistance thanks to his book, but then maybe the noble phantasm itself should be nullifying magic instead of a 'passive' skill ingrained in Kramer.
    I think I will also add some bits to his Hammer NP to justify this.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoneandonlyz View Post
    There really isn't anything wrong with it. Nothing that's glaringly over inflated or doesn't belong. The custom Skills are interesting and have some nice thought behind them. I would use Flame Emperor/Yan Di instead of Red Emperor/King but that's just a nitpick on my own part.

The only thing I think would change is in the Lóngyǐng NP. I feel you should remove the attack drone function from it, especially if you want to keep it at C Rank. Liu Bang might be Lucky and Blessed/Protected by Heaven but the future Emperor still should/need to fight his own battles.

I really like what you did with Chì Xiāo though. Very appropriate for the concept and reference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexcoene View Post
    Thanks, that really reassures me. As for Hera, I'm guessing that if she were to appear, it would be incredibly unlikely she would deal with phantoms shenanigans and would just be summoned as a demi-servant. Plus, such incarnation would likely tone up her vengeful and possessive traits (she would likely have a yandere for host), wich means she'd be pretty pissed. In short, his reaction would be to pick up his master and run for the hills.

As for Liu Bang, I like his personality and his Fearless Coward skill a lot, as it make me think of a chinese Joseph Joestar. Given his comments about "punching ghosts", I assume it was intentional? Overall, he's someone I would like as a protagonist, so kudos for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyFour34 View Post
    The sheet was overall really well-done.

The lore and personality sections were especially good, most people (inluding me) just neglects the personality and history section and just lazily copy paste the history section from elsewhere (including me), but you put some efforts on it.

Also, can anyone please give another though on my Heinrich sheet? I'm really curious about this one...
    Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.

Regarding Lóngyǐng, it makes sense for him to be more involved, despite him not being that good of a fighter. I mean he will win brawls with ease, but he's at a disadvantage against masters in arms like Xiang Yu or Lü Bu...
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

夜属 Nightkin
    I mean he will win brawls with ease, but he's at a disadvantage against masters in arms like Xiang Yu or Lü Bu...
    Well it is Xiang Yu and Lü Bu...

These guys have reputations for just completely wrecking face. In terms of legends these 2 fell more through their own personal flaws pulling them down than their opponent surpassing them.

And your Liu Bang is essentially Liu Bang Lily so I honestly won't be surprised with him not being able to take Xiang Yu head on. This is all my own opinions though.

Regardless I really like the sheet.
    Last edited by Theoneandonlyz; September 16th, 2017 at 10:47 PM.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    GRAND ASSASSIN

Spoiler:

True Name: Grim Reaper
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Attribute: Earth
    Height: 184cm
    Weight: 72kg
    Place of Origin: All Over the World
    Armament: Death Scythe
    Likes: Paying respects to the dead, someone who is mindful of death
    Dislikes: One misusing their life, senseless killings
    Talents: Killing people, harvesting souls
    Natural Enemy: Immortal People, Florence Nightingale
    Image Colour: Depraved Black
    Eligible Servant Classes: Lancer, Assassin

PARAMETERS

STR: B
    END: EX
    AGI: A+
    MAN: B
    LUK: E-
    NP: A++

CLASS SKILLS

Presence Concealment: EX

The capacity to hide one's presence as a Servant. It is said that at one's moment of death, they are not aware of the Harbringer who would ultimately bring them their doom. Death is everywhere in the world, yet it is unseen from everyone. The Grim Reaper is able to become one with the World itself. The moment he shifts to attack, his presence becomes comparable to Presence Concealment Rank A+.

Independent Manifestation: EX

A special Skill that permits unsupported manifestation into reality, without necessity of energy cost or of summoning by a Master; effectively, the Skill serves as an enhanced version of Independent Action. Being that the skillholder is signified as a confirmed existence, a resistance is rendered against the instantaneous imposition of death and attacks affected by time manipulation. Due to his anecdotes as being the personification of Death that continues to exist as long as Life also exists, irregardless of the passage of time, the Grim Reaper is ultimately immune to any form of death, making him an immortal Servant. After all, not even Death itself can die; it can only be starved away. He is therefore immune to all instant death effects and time paradox attacks and any form of enchantment.

PERSONAL SKILLS

Affections of the Dead: A

A Skill that denotes one being loved by the dead. While some fear their untimely death, some also rejoice at dying so as to be saved from their life's suffering. A form of salvation being dealt by the Grim Reaper. The greater the amount of the "dead" in the area, the stronger the Grim Reaper becomes, providing him with plus (+) modifiers to all of his parameters up to a maximum of three pluses. What can contribute to the amount of the "dead" can include: the amount of people that has died in the area, how dead the land itself is (such as ground that cannot support life) and the amount of death afflicted to concepts and even to attacks and abilities themselves within the area (e.g. negating an attack counts as afflicting "death" to that attack).

Aptitude for Slaughter (Tools): A+

A Skill possessed by Heroic Spirits fitting the Assassin or Berserker classes. No matter what tool the Grim Reaper grasps, even mundane objects and objects different from his primary weapon, they all instantly become lethal in the "hands of Death". Implements used gain a plus modifier in their damage dealt against 'humans'. A further plus modifier is granted when the target in question is in a state considered "near death".

Presence Detection: A++

The ability to detect other Servants and local mana sources. For the Grim Reaper, he can literally detect all life and even the souls of this world and each of their current location. The dimmer one's life or soul is, the more resounding its presence will be to the Grim Reaper. If used on things at close range, an equal or lower rank of Presence Concealment can be nullified.

Persona of Death: EX

A Skill that denotes one's ties to Death itself. As the Grim Reaper is literally Death itself, he gains this Skill at EX Rank. He has the ability to force his form into an incorporeal state (where he is covered in a very obscure black fog), the essence of Death that surrounds all environments, and it allows him to nullify all damage and effects dealt to him. It denotes his form as having no "lifeforce". Anything that aims to kill and render someone into a state of death will not work on the Grim Reaper, who has already reached the lowest point: already completely dead. Furthermore, the Grim Reaper gains an improved chance to inflict instant death on living beings, and he is also able to inflict death towards concepts such as "energy", "mana", "attacks", "abilities", "immortality", etc. On the other hand, the Grim Reaper becomes vulnerable to anything that aims to prevent or eradicate death. In other words, healing effects and other related effects on the Grim Reaper will harm him, regardless of if he is in this form or not. Being in this form while being healed will double the damage dealt to him instead.

NOBLE PHANTASMS

Spoiler:

Grim Reaper: The Scythe of the Death God

CLASS: Anti-Unit/Anti-Army

The Death Scythe of the God of Death, the Grim Reaper. A Noble Phantasm based on not only the actual scythe used in legends and mythologies by the Grim Reaper, but also based on his anecdotes as a Harvester of Souls. It is a scythe able to manipulate the "forces of the dead". As there is a concept called the "lifeforce" that exists within all living beings, aka the soul, there is also the inversion of that force called the "forces of the dead", or coined by the Grim Reaper simply as the "deathforce". Anything that the deathforce touches on a living being will not harm their physical body, but instead their soul itself.

By physically striking someone with the scythe, it will cleave the soul apart from the living being's body and mind depending on the severity of the strike, able to separate the soul completely into an unprotected state if the scythe struck a lethal blow on the target's brain or heart. The soul is visibly seen by others as a ghastly green form of their physical body. In such a case, the physical body and mind will be rendered into a state of death. If the strike only injured a part of the body, like amputating an arm, then the soul's bodily arm will become unprotected instead of the entire bodily soul.
    For the target, they can move their soul as if they are in control of their own physical body, able to still fight with all of their abilities in tact, but all at the lowest ranks, while struggling against Death itself. The soul automatically returns to the physical body and mind after six turns.

By cleaving the unprotected soul's heart or head with the scythe, the soul will be absorbed into the skull head of the scythe, effectively killing the target. Any other wounds on the soul will be reflected on the physical body. It is a passive effect of the Noble Phantasm that can work on anyone considered living, even immortals themselves. The more souls the Grim Reaper harvests, the stronger the scythe becomes, increasing its attack power in proportion to the amount of souls consumed. The quality of the souls consumed also has a great effect on the scythe's heightened attack power. The Grim Reaper can use this augumentation as a healing power, sacrificing souls to heal his state of being, the "healing" being effective in proportion to the amount of souls sacrificed.

By activating its True Name, the scythe converts all the lifeforce, namely all the souls harvested by the weapon, into deathforce, and the scythe would glow in an eerie green mana. Then by releasing all of it at once in a slash, the scythe will release a destructive cutting slash of deathforce towards the Grim Reaper's foes. The attack is an A++ Noble Phantasm attack at its base, increasing the more lifeforce was used for the conversion, and this deathforce attack is able to harm both the physical bodies and the souls of those struck by it as the attack is a mixture of magical energy and deathforce. Aside from the actual physical attack, the attack can conceptually inflict instant death in two attempts, one attempting to inflict death on the physical body, and one attempting to inflict death on the soul itself. Any defensive armaments and techniques are ignored as deathforce only imposes its nature on lifeforce. However, establishing for example, a healing field, or a forest of trees (as they are living beings), can sufficiently act as a conceptual defense against this attack.

LORE

Spoiler:
    The Grim Reaper is, in olden times, the most famous God of Death known by people all throughout the world. Draped in a black cloak with his face obscured, and carrying an ominous reaping scythe, he would come and harvest the souls of those whose time are near its end. He exists all over the world, carrying this tedious task until all life is harvested. Of course, his existence is unnecessary for the most part. Death will come naturally to everyone. For him, who chooses to inflict death one second earlier on someone who is going to die anyways, his deeds aren't needed. Rather, it is his nourishment, his way of being in order to survive as an established individual. He requires souls to continue existing as a genuine God of Death.

This incarnation in particular is actually quite a lazy bum. He indulges in the human world by sometimes pretending to be a human, and he accepts bribes from people to free them from their fated death for his own monetary uses. While his existence is a fanatical make-up from the people's beliefs, he is in actuality an authentic yet unique Divine Spirit. As a true God of Death, due to him embodying the concept of death, he obtained the rewards and perks of a divine being while negating his divine nature. He was never someone that truly lived, but someone who was always "dead". It is with this concept that he can be summoned by the Holy Grail. But since he is the ultimate assassin anyways, one who will always be able to impart death on an unknowing victim of his choosing, he can willingly summon himself as a Grand Servant.

Now the question is, why would this lazy fool do that? It is simple. He wants to harvest the souls of the Evils of Humanity, and he wants to harvest the souls of all humanity that he is saving in the process. It is natural for him to go for the most delicious food while also preserving his necessary stock of normal food.

Notes: While he is able to fight against revered heroes in battle with no problems as an Assassin, the chances of him inflicting death is not 100% as the combantants themselves are, with awareness, fighting against death to save their own lives. The chances of him inflicting death being 100% is only possible if he enacts his harvesting on someone unsuspecting of death. Truly, he is an Assassin in that manner. And if someone is able to protect themselves from that unsuspecting harvest, then he will playfully commend them yet respect them for always being aware of death around them.
    Last edited by Clyton; September 17th, 2017 at 04:44 PM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've considered the idea of a Grim Reaper Servant in the past but I like that you've made him a lazy pretty-boy instead of a generic skeletal cloaked dude. Adds way more animu flavor. The Skills are also very well fleshed out and fitting to his legend, and the NP is a creative take on "Death's Scythe" that doesn't just rip off Shiki's Mystic Eyes Of Death Perception.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So...any thoughts on my Fool sheet?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridwolverine View Post
    So...any thoughts on my Fool sheet?
    I think it's a cool idea and worked out well, but I'm ambivalent about The Fool as a Heroic Spirit.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zikari8 View Post
    I think it's a cool idea and worked out well, but I'm ambivalent about The Fool as a Heroic Spirit.

Well, we do have nursery rhyme

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoneandonlyz View Post
    The Beasts do exhibit "sins". But those "sins" are more about describing how their natural thought processes and morality run counter or at least orthogonal to that of Humanity and drive the actions and processes that puts Humanity under threat.

Goetia "pity" Humanity because he cannot and will not recognize that mortality shaped it in ways good as well as bad. Not surprising since he's basically a self sustaining Spell and/or Amalgam of Demons without a real concept of finite life. So as a act of "Mercy" he wants to destroy everything and create a new existence where Humanity is not burdened by mortality. But he is still going to kill everything in the process of accomplishing this. He sees nothing wrong with this.
    I think it's also a factor that Beasts have to have some form of love for humanity, even if it's twisted.

Quote Originally Posted by Final Singularity
    Gilgamesh:
    Goetia. A beast that knew not love. An evil of humanity that fed only on lamentations and reached for nothingness.
    ...how ironic. The evil of humanity, is, in other words, the love of humanity.
    What destroys humanity is not malice towards them. Malice is a transient thing, something that thins out the more it is used.
    Therefore--- what truly threatens the human order is the wish to protect the human order itself.
    A spirit that desires a better future will bare its fangs against the peaceful present.
    Like, I don't think there will, or should, be a Beast who has absolutely no care about humanity - even Kiara wants to improve/satisfy humanity, she just defines humanity as 'herself'.

That's one issue I had with that recent Hou Yi sheet having Beast as an alt class - I have no real issues with him as a candidate and it was actually a really cool take on him, but listing Beast as an alt class felt off when the bio specified he had no love or care for humanity, and that's not what makes a Beast a Beast, I think. You have to love humanity, even if what you do out of love is absolutely wrong or backwards or self-destructive.

I'm also kinda ambivalent on the Fool sheet, but mostly because there's no provided rationale for summoning it. A short bio, or an explanation on circumstances for calling it would be neat and go a long way to justify it. But the sheet itself is pretty solid and I like the NPs, including the mystery of the third one.

Grim Reaper for example has the same issue, but also a decent explanation for why it would happen, so I can entertain that thought . Though I feel a bit mixed up on the NP - is it for the Assassin or the Grand Assassin? The lore and NP strength implies assassin, but the sheet and skill ranks imply Grand. Remember that even a Grand servant goes down if it's incarnated in the standard vessel. Solomon goes from EX as a Grand/Beast to As and even Cs as a standard Caster.

Signature by fumato

US Friend Code
    May I know why?
    To put it more properly, it's not that he shouldn't have his Witch Hunt NP, but that the way you describe him as a servant makes me feel like he, the person, lacks 'mystery'(the nasuverse concept of it if it makes sense), and maybe his abilities overall(outside of his NP that can usually be on a different level for even a weaker servat) are a bit stronger than what you'd expect from a servant who's like that, with low mystery (???). I don't know if what I'm saying is in line with how it works in the nasuverse, so take it as a gut feeling.

I think I will also add some bits to his Hammer NP to justify this.
    It would work even better if his anti-magic properties reached the level you describe in his skill when inside such bounded field, imo.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess this is just a long winded way of me saying Kramer's magic resistance skill feels more like it should be a noble phantasm outright
    Last edited by Ruisu; September 17th, 2017 at 01:50 PM.

夜属 Nightkin
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    Like, I don't think there will, or should, be a Beast who has absolutely no care about humanity - even Kiara wants to improve/satisfy humanity, she just defines humanity as 'herself'.

That's one issue I had with that recent Hou Yi sheet having Beast as an alt class - I have no real issues with him as a candidate and it was actually a really cool take on him, but listing Beast as an alt class felt off when the bio specified he had no love or care for humanity, and that's not what makes a Beast a Beast, I think. You have to love humanity, even if what you do out of love is absolutely wrong or backwards or self-destructive.
    I thought about BEAST's "love for Humanity" as more "desire to do something for/with Humanity that's meaningful and constructive from their perspective". It's perfectly valid for Goetia to "Pity" Humanity and do a thing it feels is constructive in response to that "Pity" without bringing "Love" which have a lot of other meanings attached into the picture.

At most I say they believe Humanity worthy of the actions they take?

Four and Kiara were also special cases because they were more like the larval developmental stages of a real BEAST and Kiara was human to start with.

Anyways that's just my interpretation. I can't get into Nasu or any of the other people's heads. I mostly want my World Ending Alien threats to remain Alien.

As for Nasu Speak I don't put much faith in it. I mean that excerpt claimed that Goetia did not know love and then that it knew nothing but love for Humanity and therefore does what it does in as many sentences. Nasu Speak always struck me as trying way too hard to sound deep or flowery and so wind up just losing all meaning and impact. It's like Lovecraft trying to convey existential horror. Doesn't work for me.

Of course it could be a translation issue too. I don't know. Japanese is the sort of language that you need intimate familiarity with to really get everything.

You are right about Hou Yi though. He is fundamentally cracked but his thoughts aren't alien. And he has no "desire" for Humanity. His enforcement of "Justice" is simply mechanical and entirely selfish. I'll change that about the sheet.
    Last edited by Theoneandonlyz; September 17th, 2017 at 05:08 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So hypothetically speaking, if someone were to create Robert E Lee servant sheet, what might his Lost Cause NP do? Just asking.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridwolverine View Post
    So hypothetically speaking, if someone were to create Robert E Lee servant sheet, what might his Lost Cause NP do? Just asking.
    I've been thinking the same thing, but I could never come up with any ideas other then a generic "summon statues of past Confederates to charge down the enemy Ionian Hetairoi-style". My other idea was that it'd be an NP that activates after he's defeated, reflecting how the Lost Cause was used to rewrite history to portray the Confederates as being in the right, but I have no idea how that'd actually work.

US Friend Code
    Sounds like Ars Nova.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruisu View Post
    Sounds like Ars Nova.
    Ars Nova was erasing history, while the Lost Cause would be more like rewriting it. The concepts could be somewhat similar, though.

AKA Leyeet massive_jojo_reference's Avatar
    I'm planning to do Taira no Masakado Sheet, But i have no idea what class should i make him.