Page 248 of 365 FirstFirst ... 148198238243246247248249250253258298348 ... LastLast
Results 4,941 to 4,960 of 7290

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Mats

  1. #4941
    吸血鬼 Vampire Marros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    245
    D&D rules would say the RM user, but I know Nasu's broken that one before.
    F/GO JP Supports

    Spoiler:

  2. #4942
    Thanks for the translation even though I haven't read it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    That's the point tho. It has limits w/o shinmei so I want to know the limits with shinmei.
    What is a shinmei supposed to be?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

    > Making smart decisions


    Pick one


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.




  3. #4943
    鬼 Ogre-like You's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    https://twitter.com/LickYouTie
    Posts
    31,650
    JP Friend Code
    101043939
    Blog Entries
    68
    True name
    Quote Originally Posted by Canon View Post
    On You's tombstone it will read
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    That's exaggerating my point.

  4. #4944
    O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    14,513
    Blog Entries
    1
    throws 20 to break out, throws 60 or higher to destroy the RM
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    you don't need to think about it that hard
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    I dont get it
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    nothing makes sense

  5. #4945
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    True name
    Ugh, why didn't he say that then? Making me think it was something special.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

    > Making smart decisions


    Pick one


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.




  6. #4946

  7. #4947
    鬼 Ogre-like You's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    https://twitter.com/LickYouTie
    Posts
    31,650
    JP Friend Code
    101043939
    Blog Entries
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    Ugh, why didn't he say that then? Making me think it was something special.
    tbh true name is a p bad translation because like it's not like Servants shout out fake names before they reveal a true name of a NP. They just say the name
    Quote Originally Posted by Canon View Post
    On You's tombstone it will read
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    That's exaggerating my point.

  8. #4948
    1. 2. 3. 4. We are cells at work! RoydGolden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Human body
    Age
    50
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,237
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    tbh true name is a p bad translation because like it's not like Servants shout out fake names before they reveal a true name of a NP. They just say the name
    The concept of true names comes from various myth and occult sources. It has nothing to do with "fake names".

  9. #4949
    天衣無縫・狐耳系万能若奥さま Mizukume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,586
    JP Friend Code
    292051275; 098974302
    No, it comes from shounen trope.

    鬼の穴で狐をとる

  10. #4950
    1. 2. 3. 4. We are cells at work! RoydGolden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Human body
    Age
    50
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    No, it comes from shounen trope.
    Look up true names. Do you see anything to do with Shonen? I'm sure the concept of names having power exists in Asian cultures too, but that's different from Shonen manga in particular.

  11. #4951
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six asterism42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,915
    Blog Entries
    1
    Calling out the names of your attacks as you launch them is pure shounen, bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magikewl View Post
    so she’s ugly boring and bad truly a triple threat your fav could never

  12. #4952
    Beats By Matthew ft. Dr. Para Rafflesiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    31,035
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    US Friend Code
    793848092
    Blog Entries
    16
    today I learned that kamehameha is an ancient occult ritual stemming from zoroastrian mythology
    Supports:


    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

  13. #4953
    1. 2. 3. 4. We are cells at work! RoydGolden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Human body
    Age
    50
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,237
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Calling out the names of your attacks as you launch them is pure shounen, bro.
    Well, yeah, the way it's used is Shonen, obviously. But the "true name" in itself is a concept from a lot of the mythologies Nasu draws from. It's not some random term that translators made up like You seemed to be implying.

    The whole conceit of Fate is taking stuff from myths and legend and adapting them into the mold of anime/Shonen tropes, so this shouldn't be a hard concept to grasp.

  14. #4954
    死徒 Dead Apostle Yggdrasil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Padova, Italia
    Age
    37
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    541
    JP Friend Code
    876,416,586
    US Friend Code
    497,669,043
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    tbh true name is a p bad translation because like it's not like Servants shout out fake names before they reveal a true name of a NP. They just say the name
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/True_name

  15. #4955
    1. 2. 3. 4. We are cells at work! RoydGolden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Human body
    Age
    50
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Literally the same thing I was saying, thanks for backing me up.

  16. #4956
    日輪よ、死に随え GundamFSN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    in the East
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,256
    JP Friend Code
    112253241 (Nobu)
    Blog Entries
    5
    So essentially it's like Zestiria's spirit charas and their mouthful true name.


    Something
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    I see how it is Nasu, changing waifus like underwear, right?

    There is no forgiveness for you. Time to reclaim your honour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Koto is living a hard life
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    2017 is the year i watch shinji die in 2 different animes
    Quote Originally Posted by GabrieliosP View Post
    Spoiler:
    Don't forget Prillya 3rei Herz!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    FUCK
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    Writing porn also helps.

  17. #4957
    死徒 Dead Apostle Yggdrasil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Padova, Italia
    Age
    37
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    541
    JP Friend Code
    876,416,586
    US Friend Code
    497,669,043
    Did anyone read the Earthsea series?

  18. #4958
    天衣無縫・狐耳系万能若奥さま Mizukume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,586
    JP Friend Code
    292051275; 098974302
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Look up true names. Do you see anything to do with Shonen? I'm sure the concept of names having power exists in Asian cultures too, but that's different from Shonen manga in particular.
    First of all, you completely missed the joke, congrats.

    Second, yes I knew the true name stuffs, however Servants can sometimes make shit up for their NP names. Biggest offenders include Gilgamesh, Tamamo and Kintoki. Heck some servants don't have to literally say the name (Tamamo), they just activate it. So it's more like a kind of magic word that reasonates the most with the Servant that they whenever the shout it they can bring out the most of it. And that particular part is shounen attack moves trope 101.

    鬼の穴で狐をとる

  19. #4959
    1. 2. 3. 4. We are cells at work! RoydGolden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Human body
    Age
    50
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    First of all, you completely missed the joke, congrats.

    Second, yes I knew the true name stuffs, however Servants can sometimes make shit up for their NP names. Biggest offenders include Gilgamesh, Tamamo and Kintoki. Heck some servants don't have to literally say the name (Tamamo), they just activate it. So it's more like a kind of magic word that reasonates the most with the Servant that they whenever the shout it they can bring out the most of it. And that particular part is shounen attack moves trope 101.
    That honestly makes me curious where the shonen attack calling trope originated. Part of it is obviously the martial arts Kiai, but I wouldn't be surprised if the mythological concept of true names also played a role...

  20. #4960
    そうじゃろそうじゃろ Canon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Azur Lane
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,425
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    it is something tokubetsu
    You're welcome
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth
    My stuff | GO stuff | YouTube | Twitter

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •