Page 349 of 546 FirstFirst ... 249299339344347348349350351354359399449 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,980 of 10910

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Mats

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    We know that he's on the short list for animation update. The ratio of character popularity and use to canon powerlevel to writer and DW attention is some of the weirdest ones in there, though. Everybody uses George, but nobody on the writing team wants to come up with anything for him besides lolcamera and muh dragons.

It's a shame his main writer is Higashide, so nothing interesting will come out of him. Ever.
    I mean it’s not like the Servant writer is responsible for how they are in the story, chapter writers and Background Writers don’t need to be the same to see a Servant showing up. Also there’s the fact George wasn’t designed by Higa, but Miwa so that could be the reason why his notes are sparse , since they are the original notes as he probably isn’t part of the team anymore like Siegfrieds original creator. As for if we will ever see George again, it’s less to do with just popularity then whether they think he fits in the story there writing or not.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, it's a shame that Dragon World was the first thing that FGO tried to do, and it sucked, and it was George's designated appearance.

Such is the fate of those who are cursed with their time to shine being anywhere before Okeanos. Anyone remember Altera?

US Friend Code
    Yeah, it's a shame that Dragon World was the first thing that FGO tried to do, and it sucked, and it was George's designated appearance.

Such is the fate of those who are cursed with their time to shine being anywhere before Okeanos. Anyone remember Altera?
    There are other potential seeds for George if they ever decide to touch on it other then dragons. One is his interactions with witches, the other is his martyrdom. That would be interesting things they could explore tho the question is if tho it’s not as unlikely as we make it out to be.

anywhere than here

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries

They were holding back on Altera because she had her own game in the works.

US Friend Code
    Actually focusing on his martyrdom actually sounds like a good idea to tie around if they ever make him a Ruler

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    They were holding back on Altera because she had her own game in the works.
    Yeah, they couldn't have imagined that even after having her be the final boss of an Order, and after the first game didn't cut it, and after the event 4* alt to make sure everyone had her, the second game would still not cut it and most people would never think of her actively, or associate her with the franchise, without a few journeys down the memory lane to remember themselves that this is a character that exists.

Who could predict such a horrible tragedy? Look at her, how colorful she is. Look at those dead, glassy eyes, market research says that's what people want.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Actually focusing on his martyrdom actually sounds like a good idea to tie around if they ever make him a Ruler
    I mean

dats probably why his defence skills are so good
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Love you Castor
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    I mean

dats probably why his defence skills are so good
    I know but the thing is most of George’s stuff comes from the stories after his death. I’m interested to see how George’s real story fits in this. Of a Roman Centorian refusing to deny his beliefs even at the punishment of death

anywhere than here

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Castor there are some typos or misleading words in Gil’s history section. Like how his miracle drug was stolen by a bird or the confusing parts that made it seem the gods rewarded him for his behavior with Enkidu
    The bird is my mistake

The misleading oart confuses me too, because i didnt make that up, thats how it was in the mats
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

In the planning of his saint graph ascension evolution design, the first and the second was, well, I’d manage it one way or the other, but the third stage was pretty hard. The last form a character grows into is, to give it to you straight, something I’d like to land right in the center of what makes said character a character.
    For Emiya, as expected I’d want to give his last ascension his usual red appearance, so either way I settled with the troublesome plan of “original design renewal” as the concept. (Takeuchi Takashi)

Just like Emiya, his third stage ascension does not really differ from the original design. We go with the concept of “if he is designed at present time”. Upon consideration, I wonder if I should have made some more modification. (Takeuchi Takashi)
    yeah IIRC Takeuchi stated that in the interviews too that Cu and Emiya last ascension are plain and want to changed it or something like that,

edit: found it

武内:エミヤとクー•フ—リンはキヤラク夕—の記号が強いキャラだったので、進化設計は悩みま した。全然違 う服装になったら、ユーザ—にとっては喜びよりも違和感が強くなってしまうのではないかと不安 もありました 。このあたりのデザインをしていたのが、ちょうどTVアニメ「Fate/ stay night UBW】が放送される直前だったこともあり、最終旳には大きくシルエットは変更しない、という方針に 決めま し た。キャラクタ—としてのシルエットは変えずに、細部のマイナ—チェンジで変化を付ける、とい う方針です。 それぞれのデザインを今描いたらこうなる、的な要素も入っていますか、これは上手く行っている かどうかは、 あまり自信はないです。

hmm since when was Mordred by Higa? i mean it was nasu who created and added her in the novel,

Quote Originally Posted by Kelp24 View Post
    Huh, so Gil's line to Cu is about his Alter?
    don't think so, but again america was the only time where Cu acted like a King, so can someone maybe explain whats Gil problem is ? is it because Cu acts more like a warrior than a King? and doesn't take it seriously?
    Last edited by Roxas; September 5th, 2018 at 08:03 PM.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxas View Post

hmm since when was Mordred by Higa? i mean it was nasu who created and added her in the novel,
    not sure, I mean Nasu created Mordred but it was Higa who wrote her in Apo. Well like it’s not the only inconsistency. Siegfried only has Nasu and Higa as writers, not the unknown guy that first came up with him apparently in CM.

anywhere than here

Quote Originally Posted by Roxas View Post
    don't think so, but again america was the only time where Cu acted like a King, so can someone maybe explain whats Gil problem is ? is it because Cu acts more like a warrior than a King? and doesn't take it seriously?
    Must have something to do with this
    In ancient ireland celtic culture there are various categories of kings (Rí), from the most powerfulls, the High King of Ireland or the Kings of the Five Provinces (Medb, Fergus, Conchobar), to Lesser Kings of a small tuath (tribe). But everyone receive the term Rí that we translated as King to refer to themselves. This kings were subordinates to the Kings of the 5P and those to the High King, but all were still refered as Kings (Rí). So yeah, Cu being nephew to Choncobar and Fergus, and having lands of his own was a Rí (king). And we know how warrior-like the celts were.
    Interesting, Fionn is considered a king as well (the king of the fianna) with his power right behind/alongside those of the Five Provinces and the High King
    Last edited by Lobo; September 5th, 2018 at 09:06 PM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    We know that he's on the short list for animation update. The ratio of character popularity and use to canon powerlevel to writer and DW attention is some of the weirdest ones in there, though. Everybody uses George, but nobody on the writing team wants to come up with anything for him besides lolcamera and muh dragons.

It's a shame his main writer is Higashide, so nothing interesting will come out of him. Ever.
    Hi hello have you seen Avicebron lately

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Must have something to do with this
    In ancient ireland celtic culture there are various categories of kings (Rí), from the most powerfulls, the High King of Ireland or the Kings of the Five Provinces (Medb, Fergus, Conchobar), to Lesser Kings of a small tuath (tribe). But everyone receive the term Rí that we translated as King to refer to themselves. This kings were subordinates to the Kings of the 5P and those to the High King, but all were still refered as Kings (Rí). So yeah, Cu being nephew to Choncobar and Fergus, and having lands of his own was a Rí (king). And we know how warrior-like the celts were.
    Interesting, Fionn is considered a king as well (the king of the fianna) with his power right behind/alongside those of the Five Provinces and the High King
    To add to this, there is a specific story in the Ulster Cycle, called The Drunkenness of the Ulstermen in English, that deals with Cu giving up his potential claims to being king over all of Ulster to Conchobar in order to finally unify Ulster (which had been divided into three parts) and end a ploy by some of the Tuatha who wished to ruin the grip that humans had on Ireland. Of course, Cu gave criteria before yielding his claims to Conchobar (i.e. make the lands prosper and keep them safe and stable for a year, or it’s not a deal), but Conchobar met those criteria, and Cu didn’t seem that surprised that he was able to. But it’s doubtful Cu maintained that steady opinion of Conchobar after some of the things he did, like how he handled the Deirdre affair—which, in an expanded version of that story, Cu was involved with, but not as someone who supported Conchobar. (Some history books, by the way, still refer to Cu as the King of Dundalk, or rather, the king of the area that became modern-day Dundalk.)

I guess a few other things to note are some versions of the Tain where Medb told Fergus she planned to install Cu as a puppet king in Ulster once she disposed of Conchobar (probably inspiration for Chapter 5), as well as Cu raising and teaching Lugaid Riab nDerg, Medb’s nephew, how to be a good High King. That latter detail is particularly important in the wider context of Irish culture and history because, despite what the Stone of Destiny said, each generation after Lugaid saw a High King all the way down to Conn of the Hundred Battles, who was essentially the forefather to all of Ireland’s kings thereafter. Some of those descendants, like Conn himself in some accounts, were helped by Cu, either directly when he interacted with them as a spirit or through his weapons, as was the case with Cormac. Furthermore, Cu’s criteria for Lugaid when he was offered the position of High King became a part of the creeds that later Irish kings (and even some Catholic missionaries) agreed to abide by when they accepted their offices.

If Gilgamesh is aware of these things, he may be really irritated at Cu for knowing how to be a good ruler, and yet, Cu shirked that responsibility and advised others how to do it instead—or, in the case of Conchobar’s failings and letting Medb go, he didn’t step up when there were clearly problems and enabled bad rulers to make even more bad decisions.

… I think I should add that yeah, Fionn is regarded as the King of the Fianna in Irish history and culture, but not just because he had lands to his name or loyal troops under his command. The term “fianna” was used well before Fionn’s time to refer to groups of warriors, which could be either all men or all women, who banded together to avenge some injustice. But under Fionn, the term took on a larger cultural meaning. See, there are accounts of him being a rival to Conn of the Hundred Battles because, among other things, Conn ruled in ways that moved Ireland away from its traditions whereas Fionn and his band upheld old Irish customs and lifestyles. This detail has much to do with the portrayal of Fionn being a king under the mountain archetype and his Fianna being the defenders of Ireland: they protect its ancient ways from both physical and cultural threats. It’s a direct antithesis to Cu’s significance, which is that of a critical perspective on the pros and cons of Irish culture and intermingling new ideas with old ones (e.g. claims that Cu “was a Celt and yet not a Celt”, his involvement with St. Patrick’s missionary work, etc.).

Writing this really makes me wish TM would treat Fionn better—or I should say, take him seriously or just cut him out—and that they’d get into the nitty-gritty of Cu’s character, which seems to me they’ve only now begun to touch upon with Medb’s inclusion and the things he talks about as Alter. The thing with Scathach is just… why? There are plenty of tragic relationships in Cu’s story for them to use if the folks at TM want tragedy in addition to impactful storytelling. They don’t need to make (bad) ideas up.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Wow, that was interesting.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Just a question about Amakusa Shiro's Twin Arm Noble Phantasm. Now I've only seen the Anime adaptation of Apocrypha so I don't know if it's the same in the novel, but his profile doesn't mention him having to sacrifice one of his hands to use it (among the other conditions) and FGO just shows him throwing the energy and combining it to create a black hole. So does he have to sacrifice one of his hands to activate it as well? (I don't know if the material book for Apocrypha specifies this as well).
    Last edited by John Dee; September 6th, 2018 at 06:03 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Wait for Canon

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Delurker View Post
    To add to this, there is a specific story in the Ulster Cycle, called The Drunkenness of the Ulstermen in English, that deals with Cu giving up his potential claims to being king over all of Ulster to Conchobar in order to finally unify Ulster (which had been divided into three parts) and end a ploy by some of the Tuatha who wished to ruin the grip that humans had on Ireland. Of course, Cu gave criteria before yielding his claims to Conchobar (i.e. make the lands prosper and keep them safe and stable for a year, or it’s not a deal), but Conchobar met those criteria, and Cu didn’t seem that surprised that he was able to. But it’s doubtful Cu maintained that steady opinion of Conchobar after some of the things he did, like how he handled the Deirdre affair—which, in an expanded version of that story, Cu was involved with, but not as someone who supported Conchobar. (Some history books, by the way, still refer to Cu as the King of Dundalk, or rather, the king of the area that became modern-day Dundalk.)

I guess a few other things to note are some versions of the Tain where Medb told Fergus she planned to install Cu as a puppet king in Ulster once she disposed of Conchobar (probably inspiration for Chapter 5), as well as Cu raising and teaching Lugaid Riab nDerg, Medb’s nephew, how to be a good High King. That latter detail is particularly important in the wider context of Irish culture and history because, despite what the Stone of Destiny said, each generation after Lugaid saw a High King all the way down to Conn of the Hundred Battles, who was essentially the forefather to all of Ireland’s kings thereafter. Some of those descendants, like Conn himself in some accounts, were helped by Cu, either directly when he interacted with them as a spirit or through his weapons, as was the case with Cormac. Furthermore, Cu’s criteria for Lugaid when he was offered the position of High King became a part of the creeds that later Irish kings (and even some Catholic missionaries) agreed to abide by when they accepted their offices.

If Gilgamesh is aware of these things, he may be really irritated at Cu for knowing how to be a good ruler, and yet, Cu shirked that responsibility and advised others how to do it instead—or, in the case of Conchobar’s failings and letting Medb go, he didn’t step up when there were clearly problems and enabled bad rulers to make even more bad decisions.

… I think I should add that yeah, Fionn is regarded as the King of the Fianna in Irish history and culture, but not just because he had lands to his name or loyal troops under his command. The term “fianna” was used well before Fionn’s time to refer to groups of warriors, which could be either all men or all women, who banded together to avenge some injustice. But under Fionn, the term took on a larger cultural meaning. See, there are accounts of him being a rival to Conn of the Hundred Battles because, among other things, Conn ruled in ways that moved Ireland away from its traditions whereas Fionn and his band upheld old Irish customs and lifestyles. This detail has much to do with the portrayal of Fionn being a king under the mountain archetype and his Fianna being the defenders of Ireland: they protect its ancient ways from both physical and cultural threats. It’s a direct antithesis to Cu’s significance, which is that of a critical perspective on the pros and cons of Irish culture and intermingling new ideas with old ones (e.g. claims that Cu “was a Celt and yet not a Celt”, his involvement with St. Patrick’s missionary work, etc.).

Writing this really makes me wish TM would treat Fionn better—or I should say, take him seriously or just cut him out—and that they’d get into the nitty-gritty of Cu’s character, which seems to me they’ve only now begun to touch upon with Medb’s inclusion and the things he talks about as Alter. The thing with Scathach is just… why? There are plenty of tragic relationships in Cu’s story for them to use if the folks at TM want tragedy in addition to impactful storytelling. They don’t need to make (bad) ideas up.
    They don't have to make him rare prism
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

US Friend Code
    TM does take Fionn seriously. They do so for everyone. Doesn't mean they won't use them for gags also. An example for Fionn's case anyhow is that it's made clear that Fionn is supposed to be fairly powerful, and that being a Lancer isn't where he's at his beat thus implying he has a better Class.

As for Cu, the Scathach relationship is a call back to HA, where a parallel was made between Scathach's situation and Bazett's while Scathach personality is also a call back to the original Fate Prototype. These two things are basically the foundation for Scathach as a character pretty much. Cu thus interact with her when she's based on two figures of tragedy then just original myth. Personally something I want to see elaborated but have only been referenced on is his relationship with Morrigan and Ferdiad. Emer would be nice to see but being realistic it's gonna be more likely to see them earlier then her.

anywhere than here