Page 364 of 546 FirstFirst ... 264314354359362363364365366369374414464 ... LastLast
Results 7,261 to 7,280 of 10910

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Mats

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    More like debone you.

I'll see myself out...
    Isn’t deboning what sex is all about

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Also, for history's sake, I was talking about yuri.

Although unfortunately for the joke it seems Google is a tad bit conflicted on the subject
    Spoiler:

shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Also, for history's sake, I was talking about yuri.

Although unfortunately for the joke it seems Google is a tad bit conflicted on the subject
    Spoiler:

I like the left one
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Blog Entries
    has Edison's mats been translated anywhere?

US Friend Code
    Partially but not the full profile I don't think
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    About time I reduce my queue since this is filler week.
    Tamamo-no-Mae
    Class: Caster
    True name: Tamamo-no-Mae
    Height/Weight: 160cm/49kg
    Source: Japanese mythology, one of the 3 Great Metamorphosis of Japan (TL Note: This is different group made up by Nasu here, not the 3 Great yokai group).
    Region: Japan
    Alignment: Neutral Evil

Creator: Kinoko Nasu
    Character Design: WADA ARCO
    Character voice: Chiwa Saitou
    Main work appearance: Fate/Extra

Parameters:

Strength: E
    Endurance: E
    Agility: B
    Mana: A
    Luck: D
    Noble Phantasm: B

Class skills:

Territory Creation C: Create a territory advantageous to the magi. However, it is hard for her to build a workshop due to her personality.

Divinity A: Wakemitama (bunrei) of a certain divine spirit...or offshoot, or incognito...granting her top rank Divinity. After seals after seals, the rank became this.

Personal skills:

Witchcraft EX: Secrets to grant status and assets (for males), seducing the ones with power (for females), divination of one’s time of death..etc. She doesn’t use them much due to past experience.

Shapeshift A: To mold a borrowed body. Technique used by Chinese millennial fox yokai identified with Tamamo-no-mae. It was used by Daji to possess/transform during the Yin-Zhou revolution (described in Fengshen Yanyi - Investiture of the Gods). Due to past trauma, she doesn’t use it often.

Fox Wedding EX: The skill Item Creation uniquely modified. She invented this skill after seeing the Noble Phantasm of a certain JK rival. “Tenkiame is MY specialty!!!”
    Can only be a fox miko’s cheat skill. Tamamo unilaterally declares a wedding, causing a sunshower of gifts onto allies who happen to be standing nearby. Chill Amaterasu, chill!

(TL Note: Tenkiame - Sky Demon Rain is Suzuka Gozen’s Noble Phantasm. Sunshower - the weather phenomenon referred to as Kitsune no Yomeiri (Fox Wedding) - in Japanese is also called Tenkiame)

Noble Phantasm:

Eightfold Weightstone of Amaterasu and Sunlight Varuna

Suiten Nikkou Amaterasu Yano Shizuishi
    Classification: Anti-Army
    Range: 3~30
    Max targets: 100
    A Noble Phantasm in the shape of a mirror. Temporary release state of the the divine treasure Weightstone of Tamamo (Tamamo Shizuishi).
    This treasure is the later Yata Mirror, the object of worship for Amaterasu Oomikami, prototype of Mononobe clan’s Ten Sacred Treasures, and is said to have the power to revitalize the soul and life force.
    Originally it is a divine treasure among divine treasures with the power of the Underworld that can revive the dead, but she cannot use that much power in her current form.
    The rank is D, very weak contrary to its origin, but this is because only a very small portion of its power can be released. When use in the 9 tails form, it becomes an EX-rank Anti-World Noble Phantasm.
    The Noble Phantasm’s effect is creating a Bounded Field which intercepts the principle of eternal, setting all cost of magic to zero. In other words, infinite magic energy.

(TL Note: Suiten in Suiten Nikkou is the Japanese name of the Hindu god Varuna)

(TL note: Tokoyo (the term alone means “eternal”) is the paradise in Shinto, said to be where the Shinto gods went to after they finished their job of building the land. It’s neither the underworld nor Heaven (Takamagahara), but a place where all things are eternal, like Shangri-la, Eden...etc. “Timeless fruits” grow in this place, effect sounds like Golden Apples on crack, as you eat one of these you automatically become eternal. The same Tokoyo is used in the name of her poison curse blast - Land of the Eternal Bane. Because whoever visits Tokoyo will become eternal, the Noble Phantasm basically create a Bounded Field which applies some principles of that place in the area, allowing the constant refreshing of life force and magic energy).

Character Background

First pronoun: watakushi (polite form of watashi), watashi (when ignoring her position)
    Second pronoun: anata, omae, name+san
    Third pronoun: anatatachi, omaera, name+san

A beautiful half human half beast girl with fox ears and tail who always smile but have wicked tongue. It is better to say that her personality is light than cheerful. She is, admitted by everyon and herself, a Gal-type Servant who uses modern language, enthusiastic. Sometimes a variety of katakana and beyond understanding remarks pops out of her mouth, but the root is a freedom god realist. She is quite mean and wicked tongue, that some can even say "What an evil soul", "lustful soul, how evil" etc. However she acts completely opposite when it comes to Master and Servant relationship.

She is Divine Spirit class, pretty much a God. She is a personality of Japanese mythology's Amaterasu, when she came out of Izumo once she saw humans worship her, got interested and incarnated as a human girl. Then she forgot everything, grown up beautifully, fell in love with the Emperor, but got her identity revealed by an Onmyouji and had to run away, eventually she was subdued.

If her spiritual rank is increased to the max, she would become an existence of scale that humans cannot fully comprehend. Her true name was quickly revealed, but she is not interested in the Holy Grail War. She also has different viewpoint regarding the world and is a cheat character who is distinctively different from other Heroic Spirits.

However, since she lowered her spiritual rank to mimic human and became a Heroic Spirit that way, she cannot demonstrate her original power. However, in the case she is recreated as an evil spirit, an Aramitama, the number of tails will increase and at 9 she will transform into a great metamorphosis who can easily defeat 100 heroes. However, her true nature is a dreamy girl who yearned for humans, but chased by her love ones, forced to separate from who she loved, betrayed by humans, driven to fear, cornered and subjugated.

(TL Note: The Aramitama part is new. In original Extra it only mentioned evil spirit. Aramitama is the violent soul of a god, in this case Amaterasu Aramitama is enshrined in the Ise Grand Shrine together with her good soul - the Nigimitama.)

Attitude towards Master

Despite experiencing bad humans first hand, she still wish to “devote to a human”. The will to regain the power of nine tailed form is all for that reason. Although she said that “any person is fine”, it’s actually just those who is within her permission, so it’s not literally anyone.

In the Moon Holy Grail War, she falls in love with the Master at first sight, calling that person “goshujinsama” and herself “good wife”, however that does not apply to just any Master. For this Master she met this time around, she is strongly attracted to the “handsome soul” but noted that she “already had a soulmate”.

As you can see, apparently Tamamo-no-Mae herself doesn’t know that her wish is “to be useful to a good soul”.

(TL note: Her wish and motivation in FGO is completely different from Extra. In Extra she wished to have a lover and very reluctant to regain her tails in fear of losing her lover. Here she is ready to regain tails so that she can be useful for the Master, this is due to the not in love part)

Example dialogues

“Even if you might not need me, Good-wife Fox Delivery, came straight from the tomb of Huangdi. Oh, why are you zoning out like that? You are my Master, right?”
    “Scatter! Higanbana Sesshouseki! (Land of the Eternal bane)”
    “First, strike the balls. Second strike it again. Repent, your balls are toasted!”
    “Yes, Polygamist Castration Fist done! Even if god forgives you for having harem, I won’t!”

Real historical image - Character image

Appeared in Kyoto capital during Heian era, beautiful and educated, by the mysterious power of god, became a court lady for Emperor Toba as well as his favorite mistress. Her name is Mizukume.

Her true identity is the Golden Fur White Face Nine Tailed Fox, being revealed by an onmyouji of the Abe clan, chased away to the fields of Nasu, killed by Miura no Suke and Chiba no Suke who were sent to pursuit her, turned into the Killing Stone. This story is recorded in the “Shinmei Kagami” and “Tamamo no Soushi”.

She is thought to be a demonic creature who fled from mainland China long ago, and since the Edo period she appeared in the Chinese folklore and the novel Fengshen Yanyi (Investiture of the Gods) as a bewitching woman during the Shang dynasty.

Despite the connection with Daji, in “Fate/Extra” she is the imperial deity of Japan Amaterasu no Okami, not only that her true form is a deep fallen god who is also considered the Buddha Dainichi Nyorai (Vairocana).

However, “Fate/Extra CCC” suggested that she has a connection with Daji. “Good girl has a secret”.

(TL Note: Shinmei Kagami is a collection of history books about Emperors of Japan from the first to Emperor Hanazono, 2 volumes, unknown author. The name of this book means “Mirror of Amaterasu”, Shinmei is one of the respect name when referring her. “Tamamo no Soushi” (story of Tamamo) is a novel back in the Middle Ages, telling the story of Tamamo-no-Mae, year of writing and author unknown.)

Role in the game - Selling points

She appeared at the climax of story chapter 4 “Death world in the city of Demonic Fog London” together with a fellow Japanese heroic spirit Sakata Kintoki.

She rushed to the final battle, played an important role to buy time for the Protagonist’s group. During Valentine event she also shows a bit of the good wife.

However, she seems to devote her feelings to another human (goshujinsama). Additionally, her nine original tail not only have tremendous power but can also act as independent heroic spirits. Human calls them the “Tamamo Nine”.

Role in other works

Appeared in the “Fate/Extra” series as one of the main servants working for the protagonist. She’s madly in love with the protagonist and aimed to become the protagonist’s wife. Despite being God class, her performance in the game is the weakest. If about the settings, she’s the strongest character. She is the main heroine of the manga “Fate/Extra CCC Foxtail”.

Relationship with other characters

Nero
    Despite having no connection or similar origin, they have an undesirable but inseparable relationship.
    Nero is a bit smart, so if she is a bit foolish then Tamamo can hate her relentlessly, but sadly that's not the case in reality. They both acknowledge mutual rivalry relationship.

Tamamo Cat
    “NOOO THIS IS BADDD!!!”, is her reaction to when she saw Cat in Chaldea.

Kiyohime
    One of Tamamo-chan's Mailing Girlfriends. From everyone’s understanding, it is because they are using email that they can talk intimately. This is also a (wise) girl friendship.

Shuten Doji
    Fellow member of the Three Great Yokai of Japan. Knowing Shuten's true nature, they are mutually cautious towards each other. If Shuten and Tamamo are motivated to get into a quarrel and we speed things up, what awaits us at the end is a huge war like the end of the world.

(TL Note: In this context Nasu is using the list which has Tamamo, Shuten and Otakemaru, not the evil yokai list with Sutoku, Tamamo and Shuten. This is also not the list of three great metamorphosis of Japan as mentioned in the beginning of this profile)

Minamoto no Raikou
    "...Ah, that person is very dangerous...both ability and personality."

Comment from Illustrator

When facing strong enemies, the party of Jeanne + Andersen + Tamamo made me feel amazing...thank you all. Have to be honest, I wanted to just draw more tails, but the 2nd ascension is more about changing of clothes. So when drawing there are parts that finishes with some of my reasons due to the overall balance, but I thought “When I get her I will ascend her all the way!”. Though, it will look a bit strange if you put her final ascension in your party. Tamamo has many reflection points…(Wada Arco).
    Last edited by Lily Emilio; October 24th, 2018 at 07:16 PM.

US Friend Code
    Huh did her profile praise Nero a bit?
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Welp, as expected, pretty overpowered.

"NOOO THIS IS BAD!" <- this part was in English, wasn't it
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    What's so op. She can't do shit
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

She can do a TON of shit, she just chooses not to. Big difference.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    I want to see this Tamamo and Nero actually get along they keep mentioning.
    That is not in a slice of life spin-off.

Thanks Mizu for the TL.

Thanks Mizukume I liked this extra info on Tamamo. Though is it saying Nero is smarter and if Tamamo was/acted more foolish they'd have hated each other or am I miss reading it?

Spartacus at the end of the true route of Fate Extella, and I am guessing through out Link, you can see how they get along with each other.
    Last edited by Tamamo-no-Mae Goshujin-sama; October 20th, 2018 at 01:48 AM.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Need more than the last of Extella. And still waiting Link Eng version.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    She can do a TON of shit, she just chooses not to. Big difference.
    I mean if the end result is still just her not doing shit, is there a difference at all

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Ok. What's so op, she won't do shit

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tamamo-no-Mae Goshujin-sama View Post
    Thanks Mizukume I liked this extra info on Tamamo. Though is it saying Nero is smarter and if Tamamo was/acted more foolish they'd have hated each other or am I miss reading it?

Spartacus at the end of the true route of Fate Extella, and I am guessing through out Link, you can see how they get along with each other.
    That part still confuse me... Is that mean Nero is actually smarter?
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Rebellion13 View Post
    That part still confuse me... Is that mean Nero is actually smarter?
    Of course. Nero is smarter, prettier, stronger, and you should love her more umu
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    uhmmmm
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

JP Friend Code
    The catdogfox is next

Tamamo Cat
    Class: Berserker
    True name: Tamamo Cat
    Height/Weight: 160cm/52kg
    Source: Fate/Extra CCC
    Region: SE.RA.PH
    Alignment: Chaotic Good

Creator: Kinoko Nasu
    Character Design: WADA ARCO
    Character voice: Chiwa Saitou
    Main work appearance: Fate/Extra CCC

(TL Note: The material entry said her creator is Higashide, but Higashide made a tweet back then to clarify that it was a typo and Nasu is the creator)

Parameters:

Strength: B+
    Endurance: E
    Agility: A
    Mana: A
    Luck: B
    Noble Phantasm: D

Class skills:

Madness Enhancement C: All parameters are increased by 1 rank, but most of her reason is robbed. It’s hard to call this a “maddening” effect since Tamamo Cat doesn’t have much reason in the first place, but she’s in that condition all the time so no one cares. Those around her are sometimes surprised by her complicated speech though.

Personal skills:

Witchcraft E: Dakini’s Divine Methods. Originally she mastered this powerful witchcraft, but when turning into this form she forgot all of them.

Shapeshift B: To mold a borrowed body. Technique used by Chinese millennial fox yokai identified with Tamamo-no-mae. It was used by Daji to possess/transform during the Yin-Zhou revolution (described in Fengshen Yanyi - Investiture of the Gods). Due to past trauma, it is normally restricted. But “self-discipline”, “self-derision”, “self-control” are not in her dictionary. Rather, all she has is “self-destruction”.

Monstrous Strength B: Ability of magic/demon beasts. Increase her physical strength. Fairly compatible right? She is excited. It’s explosive wild power!

Noble Phantasm:

Brilliant Sunlight Napping Wine Pool and Meat Forest

Sansan Nikkou Hiruyasumi Shuchinikurin

Classification: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1~40
    Max targets: 30

Derived from the Suiten Nikkou Amaterasu Yano Shizuishi.
    The “Wine Pool and Meat Forest” is a torture game of “releasing humans into a forest full of tigers”, but its meaning in the modern era has changed.
    The wild power of Tamamo Cat unleashed on the enemies, making them not feel so good. After that Tamamo Cat will take a nap, she will take a break for 1 turn but her HP is recovered. One must sleep after a workout and a meal, right?

(TL note:Wine Pool and Meat Forest is created by Daji).

Character background

First pronoun: ware, it’s actually “watashi” but it’s not like it feels more intimate
    Second pronoun: omae, goshujin
    Third pronoun: aitsu

A wild beast-like existence that one doesn’t know what she will do or want to do.
    Since she is Berserker, communication is basically impossible.
    She’s only interested in fun and delicious things, and enjoy daily hunting life freely.
    Despite being aggressive, it’s actually “Thinking about it is troublesome so I’ll just beat it up” mindset she has.
    If you explain the situation to her in the easiest way to understand, you might somehow able to convince her to cooperate.
    Because she is the offshoot of Tamamo-no-Mae, she also possess the power to perceive the principle of things and see the truth, she just does not say anything.
    The parts that are not twisted, she is even more reliable than Tamamo-no-Mae herself when it comes to understanding.

Attitude towards Master

Conversation is pointless, as you can’t comprehend her to make a response.
    All she wants is to have fun and eat delicious food, but her pride as a wild beast means that she is forever loyal to those she considers her “lord.”
    After the contract is formed, Tamamo Cat will become your earnest guardian beast who simply wants to help her Master.
    Cat prioritizes her Master’s wellbeing and happiness, ignoring her own.

Example dialogues

“I am a member of the Tamamo Nine, Tamamo Cat! I end my lines with woof, my hobby is running a cafe, my favorite thing is carrot. I’m unsettled without them.”
    “AHAHAHAHA” (when stabbing enemies)
    “Well this is difficult…”
    “How about cat language?”
    “Or should I go with dog?”
    “With that, I’m taking a carrot as reward!”

Role in the game

A member of the Tamamo Nine.
    After Tamamo-no-Mae went through 1000 years of training to regain divine status she regained all tails, then when she returned to 1 tail form she cut off the other 8. Each of them obtained divine status as bunrei of Tamamo and become heroic spirits. This is the crystallization of Tamamo-no-Mae’s (relatively) pure aspect.
    While the Tamamo Nine are just sad existences to be defeated in “Fate/Extra” series, in FGO when she meet an extraordinary lord she’s the first of them to change mind.
    Based on Neko Arc. Cat is not involved in the main story. If that time comes, it will be the end of FGO.
    Her cooking skill is better than the Original. It’s probably due to the result of working part-time at a maid cafe as a training ground.

(TL Note: Neko Arc is the gag character cat version of Arcueid Brunestud from Tsukihime. Tamamo Cat is basically Neko Tamamo)

Relationship with other characters

Tamamo-no-Mae
    The Original must be defeated, but a wise Cat knows that even if she managed to beat the Original, it won’t solve anything. Fighting is meaningless.

Atalanta
    Hoho, a Mediterranean Sea cat huh...You’re not very fleshy. I’m worried, do you eat dried sardines properly?

Comment from Illustrator

Since Chaos or Order is fine, I drew her with no plan at all. But similar to Elizabeth her battle sprite cannot be changed at the moment, so the thought of her stucking in naked apron forever is oops. And then I messed up the words on her omelette rice (the maid ascension form). I wanted to write “TAMAMO-chan” or “TAMAMO-nyan” but it became “TAMAMO-nhan”. I can’t read. I just realized that when writing this comment. I’m sorry. I’m sorry! (Wada Arco).
    Last edited by Lily Emilio; October 20th, 2018 at 04:24 PM.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Marros's Avatar
    Based Wada still best Artist.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    She is not involved in the main story. If that time comes, it will be the end of FGO.
    Pack it in folks, FGO ended at Septum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3