Page 438 of 546 FirstFirst ... 338388428433436437438439440443448488538 ... LastLast
Results 8,741 to 8,760 of 10910

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Mats

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That guy must enjoy reading Achilles' mats

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    The other Solomon
    Avicebron
    Class: Caster
    True Name: Avicebron
    Source: Tradition
    Origin: Europe
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Height: 161 cm
    Weight: 52 kg

Strength: E
    Endurance: E
    Agility: D
    Mana: A
    Luck: B
    NP: A+

Scenario writer: Higashide Yūichirō | Scenario investigation: Miwa Kiyomune | Character designer: Konoe Ototsugu | CV: Miyamoto Mitsuru
    Main appearances: Fate/Apocrypha, Fate/Grand Order

Class skills

Territory Creation: B
    Creates a territory advantageous to oneself as a mage.
    The formation of a “factory” uniquely specialized in the casting of golems is possible.

Item Construction: B+
    Can create tools tinged with mana.
    Avicebron’s skill is specialized in golems, so he can’t create anything besides that.

Personal skills

Numerology: B
    One of the magecraft systems, Kabbalah. By combining it with incantation shortenings from the Notarikon[1], instantly inputting multiple commands into multiple golems becomes possible.

High-Speed Incantation: B+
    Only for incantations related to golems, he has a noteworthy speed.

Restful Fig Tree: EX
    So says the legend.
    A man jealous of Avicebron’s poetic genius murdered him.
    The corpse was buried at the roots of a fig tree, but since the fig gave such delicious fruits, people thought it was strange and dag up, and discovered the corpse.
    An unusual skill that activates after being driven to withdrawal, annihilation, or similar.[2]

Noble Phantasm
    Golem Keter Malkuth
    Royal crown: Light of knowledge

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 1~10
    Maximum number of targets: 100 people

Golem Keter Malkuth.[3]
    Caster’s incomplete Noble Phantasm whose creation wasn’t fulfilled when he was alive.
    An autonomous-type Reality Marble that imitates『the primeval human (Adam)』, and continues repainting the World for as long as it exists.
    Even if the creator Caster perishes, it will continue moving without it mattering.
    It can obtain the blessing of the earth, and it will never perish as long as its feet are on the earth.
    Its weapon is an obsidian sword. In addition, unification with the being that will become the core as its motive power is necessary.
    If it’s a mage or someone with excellent Magical Circuits, this golem itself will increase its strength.

However, Servants are fundamentally omitted.
    Because, for the sake of the objective that is the completion of paradise this Noble Phantasm must stay in the world for a long time, but in the case of Servants, the incorporated Magical Circuits disappear at the same time of their annihilation.
    Nourishment as a mere clump of mana is quite problematic, though.

……Outside its original purpose, even if it’s temporary, in case an extremely high fighting power is required, it’s able to endure being used against Servants.
    But Avicebron, who acknowledges that 『temporary usage』 as blasphemous rarely makes use of it.
    And say nothing about fighting by using himself as the core ————

Really, it’s something absolutely unconceivable.

Character

First person pronoun: 僕 (boku)
    Second person pronoun: 君 (kimi)
    Third person pronoun: 彼 など (kare and similar)

Personality

Mature, pessimistic… but.
    For good or for bad, he has a scholarly and too serious personality, good resignation, intense prejudices, and at times, he sometimes does preposterous things.

Motivation · Attitude with the Master

Fundamentally treats them with a reverent attitude.
    But, in the case that the Master is compatible as a core, he’s willing to betray them.
    Whereas they think it’s painful for him, he keeps acting with cool-headed thinking.

Dialogue examples

「Combat is my weak point.
    But a mage properly prepares the means to make up for that.」

「Be born from the earth (mother), drink the wind (knowledge), be filled with water (life);
    if you swing the fire (weapon), disease (the devil) shall go away.
    Righteousness shall guide your blood to purity.
    Thy name that embraces Ru’ach[4], is Adam!」

「A long journey and cruel decisions await you.
    But I believe.
    ——— Fight, young boy/girl. I trust.
    That only humans have the strength[5] to endure this responsibility!」

Historical depiction · Appearance (Investigation: Miwa Kiyomune):

His official name is Solomon ben Judah ibn Gabirol.
    There isn’t any relation in particular with the ancient king Solomon. [6]
    He was a philosopher and poet from the 11th century, and a Kabbalist that dealt with one genre of magecraft, the Kabbalah.
    His achievements include introducing ideas from ancient Greece that were preserved in the Arabian culture sphere into the European culture sphere.
    His philosophy itself wasn’t accepted in Europe, but it is told that the foundations of the Renaissance were built inspired by a rebuttal to those teachings.

It was commented that because of his weak constitution he was pessimistic and 「seemed like an 80 year-old elder despite being 16 years old」.[7]
    As a poet, elegies were said to be his forte.

About golems (Investigation: Miwa Kiyomune):

Golems are considered robots manufactured by some magecraft, but they’re originally a mystery of Kabbalah ——— Judaism, meaning “fetus” “one who is not formed”, truly the esoteric art with which the Lord created Adam from a lump of earth.

By breathing your breath (Ru’ach) into the golems produced from a lump of earth, they obtain life, and move.
    The golems in this state don’t have any knowledge, and become existences that move according to their creator’s will.
    But, since they have no knowledge they sometimes move distorting the orders of their creator, and to manage them correctly, the correct orders must be inputted.
    It could be said that appearance is similar to the relationship between humans and machines from recent times, computers.

In order to defeat or dispose of a golem, the general method is to erase the “e” from the word emeth (more accurately, in Hebrew), meaning “truth”, carved on its forehead (top of the head) (or written in an affixed parchment), and changing it to “meth”, which means “death”; but being strict this is not a weakness.

The miracle of a golem is recreating the miracle of the Lord by blowing life into a vessel of earth, and although an imitation, in order to destroy that, a power surpassing that miracle is required.
    For that reason, the word “emeth” isn’t a weakness, but the golem’s emergency stop device… It would be better to call it a method established as safety.

Appearance in 『FateGO』:

There is no change about him being a misanthrope even after having been summoned as a Servant,
    but he’s making an effort to communicate a little positively, as if there were various things to think about.
    However, he isn’t very fond of being called teacher.

He is ignorant about the subtleties of the emotions of others, but he is never dull.
    But if the reasons lie beyond logic, he’s likely to be confused.
    In short, his state has mostly become『knowing that you’re angry, but not knowing why you’re angry』

Armament:

Golems

Related characters:

Sieg
    Should I say I’m glad I didn’t make you the core?
    Should I say my blunder resulted in you being here?
    In any case, you’re here now ———— God bless you.

Siegfried/Chiron/Vlad III/Astolfo/Frankenstein
    I’m really sorry.

Mecha Eli-chan · Mecha Eli-chan II
    Wonderful!!

Antonio Salieri
    …… You, with your face being so refined
    is there any meaning in wearing a mask?

Comment from Illustrator:

Have you ever thought 「Jeez, if only I had another pair of hands」 when working or making experiments? This is why, Teacher steadily remodeled himself and became very convenient. He can compete in video-games alone! Of course he can advance in the laps! What is being cultivated in Seitō[8]… No, the Saint Graph’s behind is artificial muscles. The golem hybrid fellow is using organic components. Fresh red meat. …Oh, today’s dinner menu in Chaldea’s cafeteria is steak! By the way, what meat is this? (Konoe Ototsugu)

[1]: A method of deriving words by using the initial and/or final letters stand for another. IRL Kabbalists used this method to find out a deeper meaning of things in the Bible.

[2]: And it does....?

[3]: Keter Malkuth (The Royal Crown) is the title of one of Avicebron's works. It's a text that measures the spehres of the Universe and makes the reader feel small but at the same time praises them with a proclamation of divine grace. At the same time, Keter and Malkuth are the highest and lowest sephirot of the Tree of Life.

[4]: In Kabbalah, the middle soul, the spirit. It contains moral virtues and the ability to distinguish good from evil.

[5]: Written 強靭さ instead of 強さ. 強靭 can also mean "tenacious".

[6]: This clarification isn't just because he's called Solomon too. Apparently, a 12th century philosopher mistranslated his signature as "Solomon, the Jew, the king", and attributed many of his works to THE Solomon.

[7]: Avicebron was said to have lupus vulgaris, skin lesions produced by tuberculosis. He actually had a complex about this, and described himself as "short and ugly" in some poems.

[8]: Written 聖闘, as in 聖闘士星矢. I don't know if it's actually a reference to Saint Seiya.

Well-written character that is very similar to the accurate depiction of him IRL, though it still annoys me that "anecdote of a golem maid" = "super Adam-golem NP".

I thought that the golem section was going to be about his NP rather than about golems in general.
    Not to undervalue Miwa's investigation, but most of what he's written is in Wikipedia.

Also, WTF is going on with Konoe's comments?
    So he's still kind of an asshole, but at least he feels regretful. Isn't that nice.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    A guy on Reddit is telling me to rewrite my translations of Ryouma and Majin's mats because their Skill descriptions don't say what they do. I'm ready to get the same criticism later for Nastya's Glacial Charisma.
    Aww, that's not your fault though. You're doing a good job.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A guy on Reddit is telling me to rewrite my translations of Ryouma and Majin's mats because their Skill descriptions don't say what they do. I'm ready to get the same criticism later for Nastya's Glacial Charisma.
    Tell him that if it bothers him so much he can translate it his own damn self.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    No no, apologize for missing some lines, then make shit up. When he goes ham later in a debate and gets dogpiled deny everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    But what if the shit he makes up turns out to be true
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kelp24's Avatar
    then make up more stuff to come true obviously

I’m reminded of that old meme of Elephants.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    By request, I'll take care of Holmes, Ko-Gil, Yagyu and Semiramis in that order, along with Achilles who I will do somewhere in between. But overdue ones first.

Thank you for translating this, Clyton. Her profile was one of the ones that I was excited to read.
    Youjutsu Zanhou – Yuugao (Black Art Decapitation Method – Moonflower)
    Type: Anti-Personnel Noble Phantasm
    Range: 0~20
    Maximum Number of Targets: 1 person

When she slices the flower and/or fruit held in her hand, somehow, the head of an enemy who was at a faraway distance falls off. A mysterious special move that is carried out by making use of a moonflower as described in the “Otogi Bouko” Kanazoushi and/or a bottle gourd as described in the “Hokuetsu Gundan” military science book. Danzou speaks of it as nothing more than a kind of genjutsu. It seems her true opinion is that she does not want to use it if possible as it is more than too much of a murder technique.
    If it's Genjutsu, she must put the target under and quickly carries out the beheading herself. At least, that's what I think. What does she owe Muramasa for?

Regarding the things that are called dolls, their limbs are usually being constructed longer than the normal length, so I tried to make Danzou-san's limbs longer to some extent too, enough for her to give off just a little uncomfortable feeling to others.
    I can't notice that, her arms look normal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Clyton View Post
    By request, I'll take care of Holmes, Ko-Gil, Yagyu and Semiramis in that order, along with Achilles who I will do somewhere in between. But overdue ones first.
    It's a shame that the people that said that they were going to do them couldn't. Now you're stuck with all that.
    Last edited by Laserman; January 21st, 2020 at 09:45 AM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Muramasa and Musashi helped take care of Danzou at some points during Shimousa, even though they knew she was spying on them. Also helped put her out of her misery from that wretched Douman!

I'm fine with doing them since most were originally what I was interested in. Karna though, I unfortunately can't muster up the motivation for his mats. Please, someone!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Nastya in the only thing on my list now, so I'm up.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the TL as always. Danzo got a very good Mats.

Blog Entries
    And another one gone:

Clyton - Ko-Gil, Holmes, Munenori, Semiramis, and Achilles.
    castor212 - Inshun, Mecha Eli Mks 1 and 2, Salieri, and Izou.
    GundamFSN - Napoleon.
    Mizukume - Osakabehime.
    Commu - Karna and Anastasia.
    Konchew - Swimsuit BB.
    King of Padoru - Swimsuit Ushi and Sitonai.
    Smoof - Valkyrie.
    Unclaimed - Sieg, Swimsuit Jeanne, Swimsuit Ibaraki, Swimsuit Jeanne Alter, and MHXX.

Or if you want to go by volume count:
    Vol 3: 2
    Vol 5: 1
    Vol 6: 6
    Vol 7: 14

If there are any changes in who's doing what profile or if you want names added onto your current lists, just let me know and I'll change them for you.

EDIT: https://www.reddit.com/r/FGOGuide/co..._fgo_material/
    Last edited by Dragolord09; January 21st, 2020 at 12:44 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So Atalante Alter is entirely based on when she used the pelt during Apocrypha, and not just the fact that she has it?
    This is probably the most redundant Servant in the roster, she can even turn back into Archer by taking the pelt off, and somehow it just makes me more annoyed about how so much about her is unnecessarily different, like her Class Skill.

Also isn't her NP completely different in-game as well?

US Friend Code
    Isnt her NP here what she used in the Apo anime? No wait that was a rain of arrows like a dark Phoebus Catastrophe.

Weird.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Isnt her NP here what she used in the Apo anime? No wait that was a rain of arrows like a dark Phoebus Catastrophe.

Weird.
    I think, despite the added Eklipsi, it is actually the same Tauropolos from Apocrypha. She's just focusing it on a single shot like she can do with Phoebus Catastrophe too.

What's weird is that her NP in game is
    Tauropolos Skia Thermokrasia
    The Arrow that Eclipsed The Somber Sky
    . The name is incredibly similar (maybe the kanji is even the same and it's just a different way to translate it?) but the ruby text is not, and the effect...

The Tauropolos which she employs as an Archer is absorbed into her own body and used to fire a single shot that is imbued with all her magical energy.Rather than an arrow, this is more like a ballistic missile​.
    Opponents that receive this are absorbed by a "darkness" with adhesive qualities and forcibly assimilated.
    In order to resist this, an extremely powerful Magic Resistance skill is necessary.
    So the arrow is doing the same thing, except here she absorbs her bow?
    BUT ALSO she doesn't shoot any arrow in the animation, she just leaps and attacks the opponent directly.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess in game, since she absorbs the bow, Atalante herself is supposed to be the "arrow".
    Like what the fuck, there's no consistency at all.

JP Friend Code
    I think the problem comes from the anime taking some liberties for her still using it as a bow when it was supposed to be sealed during the Metamorphosis?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Huh, I didn't know that.

Apo mats at least don't mention her bow being sealed, but they do say she fused with the bow and shot arrow made out of magical energy instead, so I guess there's precedent to the fusing thing?

However, even the author himself couldn’t help having doubts about how it transformed into bird wings for Atalanta, fused with her bow and shot arrows weaved out of mana.
    Still completely different form Berserker Atalante though.