Page 392 of 546 FirstFirst ... 292342382387390391392393394397402442492 ... LastLast
Results 7,821 to 7,840 of 10910

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Mats

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Edgy doggo
    Cú Chulainn (Alter)
    Class: Berserker
    True Name: Cú Chulainn (Alter)
    Source: Celtic mythology
    Origin: Europe
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Height: 185 cm
    Weight: 72 kg

Strength: A
    Endurance: B+
    Agility: A+
    Mana: C
    Luck: D
    NP: A

Scenario writer: Higashide Yūichirō | Character designer: Shimadrill | CV: Kanna Nobutoshi
    Major appearances: Fate/Grand Order

Class skills

Mad Enhancement: EX (equivalent to C)
    Since he’s a Berserker class born from a wish to the Grail, while it equals to C rank, it’s possible to have a logical conversation.
    However, since any use of sophistry has no effect, and decisions other than heading towards the target and pushing forwards won’t happen, it can be said that a conversation with the opponent is substantially impossible.

Divinity: C
    Aptitude to be a Divine Spirit.
    Cú Chulainn, who is the child of the Sun god Lugh, is endowed with high aptitude to become a Divine Spirit.
    Since he’s been Altered, his Divinity is a rank down from usual.

Personal skills

Battle Continuation: A
    Doesn’t know when to give up to the bitter end. The tenacity of a beast.
    The ability to continue fighting. Can survive as long as he doesn’t receive a decisive fatal wound, and it’s possible to fight even if he receives wounds that leave him on the verge of death.

Madness of the Elementals[1]: A
    The bellow of Cú Chulainn awakens the Elementals sleeping in the earth and crushes the mentality of the soldiers from the enemy army. A mental interference.
    Temporarily ranks down the Strength and Agility parameters of all members of the enemy front.

Rune Magecraft: B
    Possession of Scandinavian Magic Crests, Runes.
    At the time of manifestation in this state, Cú Chulainn automatically activates the magecraft equivalent to the 「Magic Resistance」 skill.
    (Fundamentally not used in 『FateGO』)

Protection against Arrows: C
    A defensive effect against projectile weapons.
    Evades projectiles seen with the eyes that aren’t caused by magecraft.
    Since he’s maddened, it suffers a drastic rank-down from usual.

Noble Phantasm

Gáe Bolg
    Spear of gouging and piercing massacre

Type: Anti-Army Noble Phantasm
    Range: 5~50
    Maximum number of targets: 100 people

Gáe Bolg.
    A homing demonic spear missile. Almost the same Noble Phantasm as when usually summoned.
    By throwing his automatic tracking demonic lance, he sweeps up the enemies within range. Since it’s a full-power throw to the degree of being willing to collapse his own body, its power and effective range have risen when compared to his usual summoning. It has an instant death effect against the entire enemy front, and deals great damage in the case of not dying instantly.
    Since he’s throwing 「while regenerating the collapsing body」through Rune magecraft, Cú Chulainn doesn’t receive damage, but can’t prevent the sharp pain.

Curruid Coinchenn
    Beast of crunching death fangs

Type: Anti-Unit Noble Phantasm
    Range:
    Maximum number of targets: 1 person

Curruid Coinchenn.
    The rage of the rampaging Cú Chulainn temporarily embodies the skeleton of the monster of the Red Sea who became the origin of the demonic spear Gáe Bolg, the marine beast Curruid, and clads his body in it as an armor. An offensive-type bone armor. Wearing it ranks-up his Endurance, and his Strength parameter becomes EX.
    『Soaring spear that strikes with death』 can’t be used while activating this Noble Phantasm.

Character
    First person pronoun: 俺 (ore)
    Second person pronoun: お前 (omae) / てめぇ (temee) / 貴様など (kisama nado)
    Third person pronoun: あいつ (aitsu)

Personality

Cú Chulainn, who has become a king of massacre.
    He has acquired a ferociousness and nature like those of a beast, but the vigor of his life force isn’t something to 「survive」, but to 「lead to death」.
    What is the wish of a beast? It’s not survival. It’s dashing. Beasts eat meat to survive and not to scamper. That’s why this Cú Chulainn discards even the desire to “eat” as useless.
    Just fast. Just far. Just meaninglessly. As if believing that the place where he will fall after using up all his strength is his goal.

He will murder the enemy whether it’s a good person, a Heroic Spirit, or a friend.
    He doesn’t think fighting is fun. If it’s standing as an enemy, he won’t hesitate even if he’s facing Scáthach.
    If an ally repeats a mistake, there won’t be mercy.
    The lack of pangs of the one who stands at the top of the soldiers of the warrior race, the Celts, would make anyone shake.

Motivation/Attitude towards the Master

The attitude towards the Master is complete indifference.
    Since he thinks of himself as a battle machine and as a blade, he won’t oppose any unreasonable order if he thinks it’s not impossible.
    However, he won’t respond to any order that has to do with doing something other than battle related things at all.
    He has the strong will to think he’s just a being that kills the enemies, and not to be concerned in anything besides that.

Dialogue examples

『I’m an unimportant warrior of Ulster.
    Since I’ve been summoned as a Servant, I’ll do what I gotta do』

『Don’t take the personality of Servants much into account. We’re weapons after all.
    They too, I too, will turn into enemies at any moment if it’s necessary』

『All curses released. No moderation, challenge despair…… Curruid Coinchenn!』

Historical depiction/Appearance

The brave hero of the Celtic Ulster cycle.
    A member of the Order of the Red Branch as well as Ulster’s strongest warrior, he won fame by freely using the invincible demonic spearmanship received from the leader of the spirit world 「The Land of Shadows」, Scáthach.
    Manifesting as a Berserker, the equipment of his whole body turns black, and his personality changes too. His facial expression is ruthless, his Noble Phantasm demonic spear becomes red mixed with black, and he projects a sinister presence.

A Servant reflecting Queen Medb’s wish for 「Cú Chulainn to be an evil king similar to me」. He abandoned the cheerfulness of Cú Chulainn, and exposed his side as a battle machine.

That the Celtic soldiers opposed in the fifth chapter were merciless was not only by Medb’s power, but also because they were led by Cú Chulainn’s cruelty.
    He continues fighting not out of joy as a warrior, but only in order to prove that he’s the 「king」.
    Many Servants have accused his way of being of 「foolish」, but that’s natural. The 「kings」 that Cú Chulainn saw were, without exception, foolish.
    That said, his thirst for victory is by far stronger than that of the normal Cú Chulainn. That’s because winning is an obvious duty.
    Logical cogitation and speech are possible, but since all of them are vectorially directed to 「winning battles」, a conversation with the opponents can’t fundamentally be established. Because of that, he has no mercy and begging for one’s life has no effect.

He can throw Gáe Bolg with its throwing version, but the power is higher than that of the usual Gáe Bolg.
    As a compensation, his right arm will be damaged to the point of being torn off each time he activates it, but that’s compensated by regenerating and recovering it with Rune magecraft.
    Only the sharp pain, enough to make an ordinary person go crazy, can’t be prevented, but Cú Chulainn eludes it by simply enduring it.

Related characters

Medb

She gave birth to Cú Chulainn (Alter). The queen that kept directing her impossibly distorted, as well as ardent, affection to him.

Scáthach
    The largest wall. Crush her, overcome her, trample her. Don’t long to battle, aspire to win. Simply just feed the emptiness gained after winning to the dogs.

Cú Chulainn
    My positive side. ……Ain’t he too bright? Is this for real?

Comment from Illustrator
    I got a designation to do a distorted king Cú Chulainn, but Cú Chulainn has the image of a warrior in my head, so I went through Hell working to fill the image gap. The number of rejected drafts is overwhelmingly larger compared to other characters, and in the end I put all the parts together and made him thorny with tail, cape, and tattoos, but it caused a lot of trouble with the consistency in the three views. Since what he’s wearing is the skeleton of Curruid, same as his spear, as armor, I introduced marine life designs on the whole. (Shimadrill)

[1]: 精霊 is "spirit", but it's used to refer to Elementals in the Nasuverse, so I changed the translation to make it more fitting.

Hope this translation is better than the old one.
    Last edited by King of Padoru; February 20th, 2019 at 07:47 AM.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Simply just feed the emptiness gained after winning to the dogs
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Could it be something like "As for the emptiness after winning, it'll be fine if you just feed it to the dogs" (or possibly "As for any emptiness after winning")?

You know, I like the occasional nods to obscure mythological trivia in these sheets. The Madness of the Elementals skill, for instance, refers to Cú Chulainn's battle with Ferdiad in the tale.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Huh, I didn't know he gave himself MR.

He really is busted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Huh, I didn't know he gave himself MR.

He really is busted.
    caster cu has that too
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    Edgy doggo
    Cú Chulainn (Alter)
    Class: Berserker
    True Name: Cú Chulainn (Alter)
    Source: Celtic mythology
    Origin: Europe
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Height: 185 cm
    Weight: 72 kg

Strength: A
    Endurance: B+
    Agility: A+
    Mana: C
    Luck: D
    NP: A

Scenario writer: Higashide Yūichirō | Character designer: Shimadrill | CV: Kanna Nobutoshi
    Major appearances: Fate/Grand Order

Class skills

Mad Enhancement: EX (equivalent to C)
    Since he’s a Berserker class born from a wish to the Grail, while it equals to C rank, it’s possible to have a logical conversation.
    However, since any use of sophistry has no effect, and decisions other than heading towards the target and pushing forwards won’t happen, it can be said that a conversation with the opponent is substantially impossible.

Divinity: C
    Aptitude to be a Divine Spirit.
    Cú Chulainn, who is the child of the Sun god Lugh, is endowed with high aptitude to become a Divine Spirit.
    Since he’s been Altered, his Divinity is a rank down from usual.

Personal skills

Battle Continuation: A
    Doesn’t know when to give up to the bitter end. The tenacity of a beast.
    The ability to continue fighting. Can survive as long as he doesn’t receive a decisive fatal wound, and it’s possible to fight even if he receives wounds that leave him on the verge of death.

Madness of the Elementals[1]: A
    The bellow of Cú Chulainn awakens the Elementals sleeping in the earth and crushes the mentality of the soldiers from the enemy army. A mental interference.
    Temporarily ranks down the Strength and Agility parameters of all members of the enemy front.

Rune Magecraft: B
    Possession of Scandinavian Magic Crests, Runes.
    At the time of manifestation in this state, Cú Chulainn automatically activates the magecraft equivalent to the 「Magic Resistance」 skill.

Protection against Arrows: C
    A defensive effect against projectile weapons.
    Evades projectiles seen with the eyes that aren’t caused by magecraft.
    Since he’s maddened, it suffers a drastic rank-down from usual.

Noble Phantasm

Gáe Bolg
    Spear of gouging and piercing massacre

Type: Anti-Army Noble Phantasm
    Range: 5~50
    Maximum number of targets: 100 people

Gáe Bolg.
    A homing demonic spear missile. Almost the same Noble Phantasm as when usually summoned.
    By throwing his automatic tracking demonic lance, he sweeps up the enemies within range. Since it’s a full-power throw to the degree of being willing to collapse his own body, its power and effective range have risen when compared to his usual summoning. It has an instant death effect against the entire enemy front, and deals great damage in the case of not dying instantly.
    Since he’s throwing 「while regenerating the collapsing body」through Rune magecraft, Cú Chulainn doesn’t receive damage, but can’t prevent the sharp pain.

Curruid Coinchenn
    Beast of crunching death fangs

Type: Anti-Unit Noble Phantasm
    Range:
    Maximum number of targets: 1 person

Curruid Coinchenn.
    The rage of the rampaging Cú Chulainn temporarily embodies the skeleton of the monster of the Red Sea who became the origin of the demonic spear Gáe Bolg, the marine beast Curruid, and clads his body in it as an armor. An offensive-type bone armor. Wearing it ranks-up his Endurance, and his Strength parameter becomes EX.
    『Soaring spear that strikes with death』 can’t be used while activating this Noble Phantasm.

Character
    First person pronoun: 俺 (ore)
    Second person pronoun: お前 (omae) / てめぇ (temee) / 貴様など (kisama nado)
    Third person pronoun: あいつ (aitsu)

Personality

Cú Chulainn, who has become a king of massacre.
    He has acquired a ferociousness and nature like those of a beast, but the vigor of his life force isn’t something to 「survive」, but to 「lead to death」.
    What is the wish of a beast? It’s not survival. It’s dashing. Beasts eat meat to survive and not to scamper. That’s why this Cú Chulainn discards even the desire to “eat” as useless.
    Just fast. Just far. Just meaninglessly. As if believing that the place where he will fall after using up all his strength is his goal.

He will murder the enemy whether it’s a good person, a Heroic Spirit, or a friend.
    He doesn’t think fighting is fun. If it’s standing as an enemy, he won’t hesitate even if he’s facing Scáthach.
    If an ally repeats a mistake, there won’t be mercy.
    The lack of pangs of the one who stands at the top of the soldiers of the warrior race, the Celts, would make anyone shake.

Motivation/Attitude towards the Master

The attitude towards the Master is complete indifference.
    Since he thinks of himself as a battle machine and as a blade, he won’t oppose any unreasonable order if he thinks it’s not impossible.
    However, he won’t respond to any order that has to do with doing something other than battle related things at all.
    He has the strong will to think he’s just a being that kills the enemies, and not to be concerned in anything besides that.

Dialogue examples

『I’m an unimportant warrior of Ulster.
    Since I’ve been summoned as a Servant, I’ll do what I gotta do』

『Don’t take the personality of Servants much into account. We’re weapons after all.
    They too, I too, will turn into enemies at any moment if it’s necessary』

『All curses released. No moderation, challenge despair…… Curruid Coinchenn!』

Historical depiction/Appearance

The brave hero of the Celtic Ulster cycle.
    A member of the Order of the Red Branch as well as Ulster’s strongest warrior, he won fame by freely using the invincible demonic spearmanship received from the leader of the spirit world 「The Land of Shadows」, Scáthach.
    Manifesting as a Berserker, the equipment of his whole body turns black, and his personality changes too. His facial expression is ruthless, his Noble Phantasm demonic spear becomes red mixed with black, and he projects a sinister presence.

A Servant reflecting Queen Medb’s wish for 「Cú Chulainn to be an evil king similar to me」. He abandoned the cheerfulness of Cú Chulainn, and exposed his side as a battle machine.

That the Celtic soldiers opposed in the fifth chapter were merciless was not only by Medb’s power, but also because they were led by Cú Chulainn’s cruelty.
    He continues fighting not out of joy as a warrior, but only in order to prove that he’s the 「king」.
    Many Servants have accused his way of being of 「foolish」, but that’s natural. The 「kings」 that Cú Chulainn saw were, without exception, foolish.
    That said, his thirst for victory is by far stronger than that of the normal Cú Chulainn. That’s because winning is an obvious duty.
    Logical cogitation and speech are possible, but since all of them are vectorially directed to 「winning battles」, a conversation with the opponents can’t fundamentally be established. Because of that, he has no mercy and begging for one’s life has no effect.

He can throw Gáe Bolg with its throwing version, but the power is higher than that of the usual Gáe Bolg.
    As a compensation, his right arm will be damaged to the point of being torn off each time he activates it, but that’s compensated by regenerating and recovering it with Rune magecraft.
    Only the sharp pain, enough to make an ordinary person go crazy, can’t be prevented, but Cú Chulainn eludes it by simply enduring it.

Related characters

Medb

She gave birth to Cú Chulainn (Alter). The queen that kept directing her impossibly distorted, as well as ardent, affection to him.

Scáthach
    The largest wall. Crush her, overcome her, trample her. Don’t long to battle, aspire to win. What with the emptiness after winning, it'll be fine if you just feed her to the dogs[2].

Cú Chulainn
    My positive side. ……Ain’t he too bright? Is this for real?

Comment from Illustrator
    I got a designation to do a distorted king Cú Chulainn, but Cú Chulainn has the image of a warrior in my head, so I went through Hell working to fill the image gap. The number of rejected drafts is overwhelmingly larger compared to other characters, and in the end I put all the parts together and made him thorny with tail, cape, and tattoos, but it caused a lot of trouble with the consistency in the three views. Since what he’s wearing is the skeleton of Curruid, same as his spear, as armor, I introduced marine life designs on the whole. (Shimadrill)

[1]: 精霊 is "spirit", but it's used to refer to Elementals in the Nasuverse, so I changed the translation to make it more fitting.
    [2]: Dubious translation here. Help is appreciated. The original quote is "勝った後の虚しさなど、それこそ犬に食わせてしまえばいいだけだから"

Hope this translation is better than the old one.
    Wow, thanks. Can he use the thrust version of Gae Bolg too?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    caster cu has that too
    I'm actually surprised, I thought he only used the runes for regeneration.

Lancer Cu can like do that too pretty sure.

being able to use magic can add a lot.

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Simply just feed the emptiness gained after winning to the dogs
    I actually had translated it like that before, but I changed it because it felt wrong. I feel dumb now

祖 Ancestor
    Checking the Reddit thread that acts as an index, what do the asterisks mean beside some of the translator names?

Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    Checking the Reddit thread that acts as an index, what do the asterisks mean beside some of the translator names?
    There aren't any. Care to give examples?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

祖 Ancestor
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    There aren't any. Care to give examples?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FGOGuide/co...l_translation/
    Well there were quite a few on the linked page but it seems they've been gotten rid of.
    That at least tells me there was nothing really of concern.
    Checking the cached version from google and it seems they were still there when it was 9:55 GMT Feb 23rd at least, so at least I wasn't imagining things.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Clyton works on the wiki and was using those asterisks as personal markers for which profiles he hadn’t updated there yet.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Clyton works on the wiki and was using those asterisks as personal markers for which profiles he hadn’t updated there yet.
    The hero we don't deserve

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    The hero that we need
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

夜魔 Nightmare
    Concerning Hijikata's gun, it's most likely a Gewehr rifle, not Gerber.

Blog Entries
    Quick question: is there anyone working on Musashi’s profile? I was thinking of translating it, but first wanted to make sure nobody had a claim on it already.

Master of Chaos' Servant Standards

F/GO ID: 011416057/カオス

quote for higher truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Get famous in America, you're American. That's literally how America works.
    Unless you're Justin Bieber, Canada didn't want him, but America refuses to claim responsibility
    Quote Originally Posted by In a certain South Park episode...
    Kyle Broflovski: And what happens when an invulnerable cheater comes up against an elitist corporate dictator?
    Eric Cartman: A perfect storm of hypocrisy that everyone in the country has to deal with for months on end.

Someone else already did it.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Blog Entries
    Seriously? Could you please point me out to it, because I did not find it on the first page’s index.

Master of Chaos' Servant Standards

F/GO ID: 011416057/カオス

quote for higher truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Get famous in America, you're American. That's literally how America works.
    Unless you're Justin Bieber, Canada didn't want him, but America refuses to claim responsibility
    Quote Originally Posted by In a certain South Park episode...
    Kyle Broflovski: And what happens when an invulnerable cheater comes up against an elitist corporate dictator?
    Eric Cartman: A perfect storm of hypocrisy that everyone in the country has to deal with for months on end.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    in reddit
    https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/...rom_fategrand/

yes no one share the link before
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet