Page 434 of 546 FirstFirst ... 334384424429432433434435436439444484534 ... LastLast
Results 8,661 to 8,680 of 10910

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Mats

so why are people saying that Higashide cant do powercreep?

What are you talking about? And what does that have to do with the material books?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The mats list the character creators and some people started saying Servants created by Higashide are never overpowered lorewise. I haven't checked a full Higashide list to see if it's true that he lacks any top tiers though.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm pretty sure he did Achilles?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That's a big part of the argument, actually. Iirc Apocrypha mats explain that Higashide was trying to limit Achilles to having 3 NPs at best, but then Nasu suggested a big name like Achilles should have 5 to 7 of them.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Wasn't Apoc Higashide's? Karna, Achilles, Vlad, Mordred, etc?
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Wasn't Apoc Higashide's? Karna, Achilles, Vlad, Mordred, etc?
    Apoc as we have it now was written by Higashide but it was originally going to be what GO is now, a game with a bunch of creators contributing Servants. So Higashide didn't actually make most of the cast. Vlad was Urobuchi, Karna was Nasu. Achilles was Higashide though, and I think Mordred was but would need to double check.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Is Karna is Nasu (not to mention he was out in CCC first). Arjuna, on the other hand, is entirely Higashide's and immediately deals a lethal blow to the argument.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That's a big part of the argument, actually. Iirc Apocrypha mats explain that Higashide was trying to limit Achilles to having 3 NPs at best, but then Nasu suggested a big name like Achilles should have 5 to 7 of them.
    Jesus, Heracles would be literally Alcides if FSN was released today.

who made Tiamat in FGO? at the very least, a lot of points seem directly taken from Tiamat in Higashide's previous work.

Blog Entries
    I know its a long shot, but do we have anything more on jaguarman's noble phantasm? my status as a taigaphile demands I learn more
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

US Friend Code
    Jaguar Man here:
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyton View Post
    Jaguar Man
    Class: Lancer
    True Name: Jaguar Man
    Source: The Mythologies in Every Era of Central and South America
    Region: Central and South America
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Height: 165cm
    Weight: ??kg

Scenario Writers: Hikaru Sakurai and Kinoko Nasu
    Character Illustrator: Takao Aotsuki
    Character Voice: Miki Itou
    Appearance in Main Works: Fate/Grand Order

Parameters

Strength: C
    Constitution: C
    Agility: B
    Magical Power: E
    Luck: B
    Noble Phantasm: B

Class Skills

Magic Resistance: A
    Nullifies spells of Rank A or below. In fact, magecraft invoked by modern magi would not be able to wound Jaguar Man.

Mad Enhancement: E
    The Jaguar is whimsy. Even though she thinks she can comprehend conversations, in reality, she often does not even understand them.

Divinity: A
    Divine Spirit aptitude.
    Although she is purely a bunrei, because the Jaguar is extremely compatible with possessed humans, Jaguar Man possesses this Skill at a high rank.

Personal Skills

Jaguar Punch: A
    Formal Skill Name: Divine Protection of the Jaguar
    Jaguar Punch is a destructive power.
    A divine protection bestowed by the Jaguar Divine Spirit. She does not feel fear nor pain. It is also a composite Skill that comprises the effects of the Valour Skill and the Instinct Skill.

Jaguar Kick: B
    Formal Skill Name: Monstrous Strength
    Jaguar Kick is another destructive power. At any rate, she alone must survive no matter what it takes. A Skill that senses a will, and like the sort of a strong will.
    Temporarily amplifies one’s strength. Primarily an offensive special characteristic possessed only by monsters and Magical Beasts. Increases one’s Strength parameter by one rank upon usage. The duration for this increase depends on the rank of “Monstrous Strength”.

Jaguar Eye: A+
    Formal Skill Name: Jaw of the Dark Jungle
    Jaguar Eye is a beam power.
    In the situations where she stays on a “forest” field, plus effects are added to all sorts of checks she does.

Noble Phantasms

Great Death Claw: The Inescapable Claw of Death
    Type: Anti-Personnel
    Range: 1~2
    Maximum Number of Targets: 1 person

The “frightening club” held in Jaguar Man’s hand temporarily transforms into a gigantic size, before it smashes the target while it is accompanied with a raging force. She does not understand what is happening, and the opponent is hardly able to evade the attack.

Jaguar in the Black: In the Forest’s Darkness Lurks the Jaguar
    Type: Barrier
    Range: 0~20
    Maximum Number of Targets: 20 people

The Jaguar lurks in the forest of the night, waiting for its prey as it becomes darkness itself, and swoops down on its prey as it becomes the jaws of death itself. A Noble Phantasm that can only be used at night. Temporarily grants a plus modifier to her attack damage by exhibiting the Jaguar’s characteristic of being nocturnal. Simultaneously, she acquires a special “Presence Concealment” Skill, granting a plus modifier to her evasion and accuracy as well.

First Pronoun: Jaguar / watashi / atashi
    Second Pronoun: kimi / **-kun / **-chan
    Third Pronoun: kare / kanojo / aitsu / yatsu

Personality

Do you like a Jaguar elder sister? Whether you like her or not, Jaguar is Jaguar. There is no escape.

A friendly character, one who is bright and without discrimination. It likely seems to be a strong reflection of the possessed human’s personality. Once Jaguar Man's mind becomes completely set on something, the target will be certainly teased with for weeks. That means there is no escape.

Motivation / Attitude towards the Master

The Jaguar Warrior is proud. One should not expect to earn her trust in a brief period of time, even if one is called her Master. However, if Jaguar Man notices one’s daily endeavours, what one will be able to receive is a Jaguar Stamp, stamped with her paw. If one collects a lot of stamps, someday, it will probably appear to result in one being able to receive an acknowledgement of being her close friend. One cannot help doing their best in order to aim for being her Jaguar-mate (Tezcatlipoca-mate).

Dialogue Examples

The Jaguar Warrior has arrived at this place! I am no tiger, so regarding that point, you better get that through your head!
    Offer up a sacrifice to the cat. Reconcile with the cat.
    Nyah!
    The Jaguar knows all.
    Now. Jaguar Stamps, how many have you accumeowulated?

Historical Image and Character

One of the olden Divine Spirits transmitted in Central and South America. The Jaguar, namely, a symbol of “war” and “death”, is an existence revered for a long time in the Central and South American civilizations of all eras, and it is said that, in the bygone days, it would often show its form to the world. In the Olmec Civilization of the Preclassic period, the Jaguar deity was a being possessing the mixed-blood of a jaguar and a human being and was deified in the shape of a “Jaguar-Human (Jaguar Man/Werejaguar)” figure and the like.

In Central and South American mythologies, the Jaguar is frequently spoken of as a spiritual existence called a Nagual, a shadow and a supernatural Guardian Spirit. It is said that Tezcatlipoca, one of the chief gods worshipped in Aztec Civilization, is also endowed with a Nagual, and this Nagual is a fearsome Jaguar Nagual.

Character Image in “Fate/Grand Order

In “Fate/Grand Order”, while Jaguar Man owns a nature as a Divine Spirit of old, it is simultaneously syncretizing its aspects as a Nagual of Tezcatlipoca, drawing them from its own genealogy.

Heroic Spirit possession. The Jaguar Nagual achieved its materialization as a bunrei, done by possessing a particular human as its vessel. From time immemorial, it is said that humans who obtained the Nagual of a Jaguar were endowed with supernatural powers. The Nagual tales are narrated even in the modern times. Furthermore, concerning the criteria for possession, among the humans that has a tie to the Holy Grail, the person who carries the fate of the wildness and the wildest force is elected.

It is unknown why the Jaguar attempted to materialize in this world. Maybe it came along while being attracted to Quetzalcoatl, or maybe it came along while in a playful mood. Perhaps it stole a march on Tezcatlipoca when he was about to appear, and so on; the curiosity about this matter is endless.

Because the Jaguar belongs to the lower grade among the Divine Spirit Servants, its selling point is that it does not cost a lot to cover in terms of magical energy.

No matter how one looks at it, the personality of the possessed body is composed of the main host, but that should not be pointed out.

General Armaments

A frightening club. Used for close-range attacks.

Others

The alignment belongs to Jaguar Man, not the possessed human. The gender belongs to the possessed human.

The possessed human is endowed with an astounding Luck rank, but it was ranked down for some reason at the time of possession.

Connections with Characters

EMIYA
    (Jaguar is tilting her head)

EMIYA (Assassin) / EMIYA (Alter)
    (Jaguar’s stare is fixed at them)

Illyasviel
    (Jaguar is laughing and beckoning at her with a grin)

Quetzalcoatl
    (Jaguar is clinging to her!)

Parvati / Sengo Muramasa
    (Jaguar does a double take and says “Really?”)

Comment from Illustrator

It is said that there was no choice but to have that Jaguar Man get on a motorcycle! What do I do! And it is this outcome that troubled my mind. Is it ok for me to make a completely different pose for her final Ascension stage!? I am thankful! And one thing! I am happy that it can be accepted and used. There was certainly a great pressure on me to draw her. (Takao Aotsuki)

Blog Entries
    I appreciate the sentiment though I hasten to note I had already read that. Hence I was saying, even though it’s a long shot, had we ever heard more about the NP since the details from the mats are pretty sparse
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    who made Tiamat in FGO?
    Nasu. He wrote her with some elements of Dark Sakura in mind plus Godzilla after watching Shin Godzilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I appreciate the sentiment though I hasten to note I had already read that. Hence I was saying, even though it’s a long shot, had we ever heard more about the NP since the details from the mats are pretty sparse
    She became more and more Taiga as time goes on and did not have anything new regarding her lores.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Of course not, Toby

this is fgo where your waifu is a meme, she does not exist as jaguar man the servant, but as the superficial ideal of taiga, teacher of rin
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Is Karna is Nasu (not to mention he was out in CCC first)
    He was?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

US Friend Code
    He was first revealed with the rest of the beta Apo cast in Complete Material IV, so he was planned for Apo first. Then the Apo game got canned and CCC came out before the Apo LNs.

- - - Updated - - -

Beta Apo had no Achilles, Avicebron, Amakusa, or Chiron. And George, David, Kintoki, and Benkei were originally created for it.

Blog Entries
    Of course not, Toby

this is fgo where your waifu is a meme, she does not exist as jaguar man the servant, but as the superficial ideal of taiga, teacher of rin

Yeah I figured.

oh well, thanks anyway

Of course not, Toby

Was Taiga ever a teacher of Rin?

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    He was first revealed with the rest of the beta Apo cast in Complete Material IV, so he was planned for Apo first. Then the Apo game got canned and CCC came out before the Apo LNs.

- - - Updated - - -

Beta Apo had no Achilles, Avicebron, Amakusa, or Chiron. And George, David, Kintoki, and Benkei were originally created for it.
    I knew about the Servants that were made for it originally, but I thought Fate/Apocrypha came out before that game did.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs