Page 334 of 546 FirstFirst ... 234284324329332333334335336339344384434 ... LastLast
Results 6,661 to 6,680 of 10910

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Mats

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    GOD FKNG DAMMIT RAFF
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Ikkitousen are Ikkitousen. As for the rest... meh.
    Be that as it may, thanks for the translation castor.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

I'm still baffled by her Lawful Good alignment. I will never understand the criteria for those.

JP Friend Code
    She’s good because she destroys men

We stan a man slaying queen

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    So... her first NP uses is... to be a standard Berserker...?

Blog Entries
    think of it like overclocked ME

its like Erik Bloodaxe's NP, excpet its stronger and more potent because its more focused and the divine factor makes it stronger still

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    I expect it to be at least expanded on, and certainly, it does in fluff stuff, but there is no actual effect other than 'I become angry since you are Achilles now' and perform Evo tourney fighting game combo, not even a mention of stat raises whatsoever. Pretty much the same thing from what her Mad Enhancement does. Even her Howl of War God is also overlap with Charisma, except with a howl. In the end, both just make her allies psyched up but with different reason and approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Arha View Post
    I'm still baffled by her Lawful Good alignment. I will never understand the criteria for those.
    I keep saying that but nooo I'm just a nutcase rules lawyer
    smh tbh senpai
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    I expect it to be at least expanded on, and certainly, it does in fluff stuff, but there is no actual effect other than 'I become angry since you are Achilles now' and perform Evo tourney fighting game combo, not even a mention of stat raises whatsoever. Pretty much the same thing from what her Mad Enhancement does. Even her Howl of War God is also overlap with Charisma, except with a howl. In the end, both just make her allies psyched up but with different reason and approach.
    yeah

the really more interesting parts is just trojan reinforce

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Penthesilea CMT BMCMIIW
    Class: Berserker
    True Name: Penthesilea
    Alias: Berserker of El Dorado
    Source: Greek mythology, Trojan War
    Region: Greece
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Height: 158 cm
    Weight: 49 kg

STR: A+
    CON: B+
    AGI: C
    MGI: A
    LCK: D
    NP: A

Setting creation: Minase Hazuki
    Character design: Shinjirou
    CV: Shimamura Yuu

Main works appearance: Fate/Grand Order
    -----
    Class Skills

Mad Enhancement: EX
    A Skill that strengthen physical ability in exchange of reason.
    It is generally possible for her to come to a mutual understanding. However, her reason would be blown away against Achilles and those related to him. And as expected, it would happen as well to a degree towards the abominable Greek heroes. Due to her trauma, it is also possible to happen towards those who calls her beautiful.

Divinity: B
    She possesses divinity as the daughter of the war god, Ares.
    -----
    Personal Skill

Charisma: B
    The innate talent for commanding armies.
    After Hector’s death, she had led 12 powerful Amazons as the queen of her tribe and made haste to join the Trojan side of the war.

Golden Rule (Beauty): A
    Indicating her destiny of growing into an existence endowed with a perfect beauty akin to that of a goddess, regardless of how she grows.
    At the time of Trojan War, it is said that she had been endowed with a beauty that would make one mistakenly thought of her as a goddess. And for that reason, Achilles removed her helmet--

Howl of the War God: A+
    A roar that arouses the blood of the war god Ares flowing within her body.
    Allies who stand together with her as warriors, as if being led by the war god, are endowed with bravery by this shout.
    During the Trojan's War, it is said that the Amazons forces' war cry causes the opponents to tremble violently.

“Special attack against male of the Greek heroes attribute” defined as “those with the same scent as Achilles might very well be Achilles himself which means he must be annihilated and she is particularly fired up”; that is, a check of “whether or not she felt the target is similar to Achilles or not” is performed.

“Who is that man? Iskander. Hmm, he self alleged himself as Heracles and Achilles’ descendant….. and he’s Achilles’ biggest fan….? Then…..there’s no mistake… HE’S ACHILLES! ACHILLEEEEEEES!!!!!”

“Hector of the Gleaming Helmet. Had we been able to join forces, perhaps even that war would have… Well, be that as it may, you had put your life on the line to fight against Achilles; that had made me ends up feeling his lingering scent on you ACHILLESSSSS!!!!!!”

-----
    Outrage Amazon
    A Hero to Die by My Rage

Type: Anti-Unit Noble Phantasm
    Range: 1~3
    Maximum target: 1 person

Outrage Amazon.
    The desire of vengeance against Achilles that sleeps within her; her soul as a warrior that seeks strength; the blood of the war god Ares; all of those are momentarily excited. She deliberately transform herself into a beast who had thrown away all reason, a true mad warrior.
    Charging ahead while shouting "ACHILLEEEESSS!!", (even if the enemy is not Achilles, at that moment they are for her) she attacks with every single weapon and body parts she has, and finally deals a finishing blow by biting them, just like a beast.
    The ultimate anti-Achilles killing technique.

To digress a bit, a German playwright of the 18th century who went by the name of Heinrich von Kleist had created the play “Penthesilea” which derived itself from the legend of Penthesilea and Achilles. In it, Achilles had fallen in love and personally dropped his weapon (purposefully letting himself be apprehended), challenged Penthesilea on a one-on-one combat, but then was murdered by Penthesilea who had went mad for revenge. What the Amazons subordinates saw was the sight of Penthesilea, biting Achilles’ limbs off his corpse together with a hunting dog.

Trojan Reinforce
    Warriors to Rush Upon My War Cry
    Type: Anti-Army Noble Phantasm
    Range: as much as her howl can reach
    Maximum target: -

Trojan Reinforce.
    It summons her 12 subordinates, the Amazons troops that she had once led in order to save Troy: Clonie, Polemusa, Derinoe, Evandre, Antandre, Bremusa, Hippothoe, Harmothoe, Alcibie, Antibrote, Derimacheia, and Thermodosa**. Each of them, while possessing noble lineage, had swore a loyalty oath to the queen from their heart; mighty elite Amazons, each equals a thousand soldiers.*** They have an outstandingly high affinity with Penthesilea’s Howl of the War God, able to acquire its effect several times more potent than other Amazons. To add, they are also able to perform a function as a relay.
    This Noble Phantasm is linked to the “Penthesilea who participated in the Trojan War”. Berserker Penthesilea avoids “her own figure upon that moment”, and fundamentally unable to make use of this Noble Phantasm. If she manifest in a different Class, it is possible that she would be in possession of this Noble Phantasm.
    In the case that she uses this Noble Phantasm while manifesting as a Berserker, in that instant, by means of paradox logic she would change her figure into “the completed Penthesilea, whose beauty akin to even that of a goddess”, yet-------simultaneously, she would be committing a lethal self-contradiction, and the inevitable fate of destruction would be engraved on her spirit core. (In FGO, it is fundamentally not being utilized.)

*Its literally elite warriors, but its a bit too mouthful for my taste
    **bit of trivia: these name list came from Smyrnaeus, and other sources actually listed different names for the twelve that accompany Penth. Also, some of their name apparently has their own meaning, among them: Antandre “Preceding Men”, Bremusa “Raging Female”, Hippothoe “Imperious Mare”, Harmothoe “Sharp Nail”.
    ***this is an idiom in Japanese, which can just translate to super duper mighty warriors. I keep it literal because i like how the prose sounds. Just something to keep in mind for badass versus.
    -----
    Personage
    First pronoun: watashi
    Second pronoun: kisama
    Third pronoun: yatsu/** (no honorifics)

- Character
    When she is not being engulfed but the anger and desire for revenge towards Achilles, she is a stoic and calm female warrior.
    She is severely brutal against her enemies.
    Even if one is an ally, she would rage upon them if they were to treat her as a women. Especially taboo are the words “beautiful” and “lovely” due to the trauma she has.
    A battle frenzy whose identity is her strength as a warrior.
    Due to being a queen, she is fundamentally arrogant.

- Motives and attitude towards Master
    Her wish upon the Holy Grail is, obviously, for a rematch against Achilles.
    She wishes to dispel her old disgrace, and this time once again carry out an one-on-one battle as a true warrior.

She treats the Master as someone who shows her the way towards the battlefield and someone who prepares trials for her. Something like, “Now, promptly lead me towards the next battlefield.”

- Speech example
    “Queen of the Amazoness, Penthesilea. I have come in response to your summon.... But first. If Achilles is here, take him out. I will kill you if you keep it a secret.”
    “Heracles, Theseus, and Achilles... Hm. Heroes. Heroes, huh. It is their fault that us Amazons' country was thrown into turmoil. However, I do admit that they are all strong warriors.”
    “Treat me not as a woman. I have had enough of such an experience.”
    -----
    Historical depiction
    Penthesilea is the queen of Amazon in the Greek mythology.
    A daughter of Ares, it is said that she also has several sisters, starting with Hippolyte whose belt was stolen by Heracles.

After Hector’s death, the Amazons’ troops that Penthesilea led went to assist the Trojans, fighting against the Achaeans. Afterwards, she went on to fight on a one-on-one combat against the hero on the opposing side, Achilles, yet---------
    -----
    Ingame depiction
    She is filled with hatred towards Achilles.
    Hatred so powerful, that she herself wishes to obtain the Mad Enhancement.

She had went on to fight on a one-on-one combat against Achilles as a warrior. When the match is concluded, the words that she heard Achilles had uttered upon removing her helmet-------
    She was astonished.
    How absurd, she thought in rage.

She had fought as a warrior. She had not present herself as a woman.
    When a hero finishes their fight to the death with a true warrior, they should have looked at the enemy and be relieved. "I won." "I'm glad I didn't die." "Just don't get up."
    And yet---
    This miscreant, this Achilles---
    He dared to utter “beautiful”?
    Towards her, the queen of Amazon, a warrior… that is the greatest of insult he can offer.
    Because it meant that Achilles had really, truly not even seen her as a warrior.

She raged, raged, and raged; she went even beyond rage.
    She could do nothing but sneer at him.
    She could do no more than to curse him, amounting to no more than a harassment.

“Then curse you I shall. So that someday, that spear of yours would pierce the one you loved-----”

Whether or not that curse came true.
    In what way does that curse hold meaning in his tale.
    She cared not.

Inhale that curse.
    Remember it each time you place your eye upon that spear, Achilles.
    Remember the Amazon queen that you killed with your hand.
    Remember of the disgrace you offer me.*

My existence, the queen, and my last moment--------I shall not allow you to lump it in together with those other you have defeated. I shall never allow you to throw it away to the corner of your memory of battlefield.

That alone.
    I shall never, ever allow.

<>

She swore so.
    That defeat was, without a doubt, a disgrace carved upon the very core of her existence.
    And so she will once again fight him with all of her might, and absolutely, absolutely end him.

And if her being a “beautiful woman” become a hindrance for it, then she must not let it be displayed.

And so Penthesilea, upon being summoned in Chaldea, manifest with the figure of a young woman whose “beauty” is yet to be completed.
    And nevertheless, still she possesses her might as a warrior.
    As a warrior, she wishes only for victory and strength, so much that she had fallen to madness. She fights--------as a true queen of Amazon.

She believes, that beyond this path, the rematch against the detestable Achilles await her.

*in japan, it mainly means shame, disgrace but, apparently it can also mean rape. Obviously they are referring to the first meaning, but this is a …. touche choice of phrase.
    -----
    Connection with other characters
    (transcription impossible due to her going into rage just by seeing the letter)

Theseus
    The man who forcefully kidnap and made my younger sister into his wife (and he even throw her away in the end). He’s dead.

Heracles
    The man who stole my elder sister’s belt and killed her in the end. He’s dead.

Hippolyte
    My respected and beloved sister.

Hector
    I regret of being unable to make it in time, but be that as it may, I shall hold out a bit.
    Incidentally, I had heard that that miscreant had dragged and pulled your corpse around. Obviously, his infamy must be spread more actively, no?

Artemis
    Right now, this situation is… truly, I could never tell of it to my mother…*

Asclepius
    I thank you for resurrecting my nephew Hippolytus.
    However, that creed in which you believe in… is it not quite extreme…..?

Net online shopping users
    Absentee ballot… redelivery? What is this?

*Penthesilea’s mother, Otrera, was considered to be the mythological founder of the Temple of Artemis in Ephesus.
    -----
    Comment from Illustrator
    When I met Takeuchi-san, he said to me to please draw a female Servant around 14 years old of age. And I was like with immense gratitude do I accept this request as you demand it. The muscular specification was really unexpected, but perhaps this too, is a part of karma. My Amazons (misprinted) CEO is the greatest. (Shinjirou)

In the spirit of full transparency i have to admit there are some parts in this entry that I am uncomfortable with.
    Interesting they had an inspiration for Outrage Amazon. Again TMs research surprises me.

Acelipus hint is nice, also the subtle stuff about Oretra. Her curse is a call back on how Achilles can't use his spears powers on women, neat.

Her Amazon companions seem strong, that would probably be her main NP in other classes. Still neat she can still use it as Zerker tho it does kill her.
    Last edited by Iceblade44; August 18th, 2018 at 01:51 PM.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Blog Entries
    seeker?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Berserker, I presume. Iceblade's made a fair number of unintuitive typos before, so I assume autocorrect has him by the throat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Damn it auto correct. When I write Zerker I want Zerker

- - - Updated - - -

Berserker, I presume. Iceblade's made a fair number of unintuitive typos before, so I assume autocorrect has him by the throat.
    Every time. Every time. Typing on a phone sucks even when that's my only option

- - - Updated - - -

I'm also shit with grammar in general so a good potions of my typos are my fault, tho autocorrect get's the rest. I should really proofread my posts rather then just trying to hurry so I can go to other parts of the forum and other websites

anywhere than here

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    I'm also shit with grammar in general so a good potions of my typos are my fault, tho autocorrect get's the rest. I should really proofread my posts rather then just trying to hurry so I can go to other parts of the forum and other websites
    Why not just disable autocorrect?

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Why not just disable autocorrect?
    As i said I'm shit with grammar. I always type in a hurry so auto correct fixes my rushed misspellings while changing the words that I intend that aren't found in a standard dictionary like most anime jargon. It's a love hate relationship

anywhere than here

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Ah, so you're a tsundere, then. :-P

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Marros's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    good potions of my typos are my fault.
    Self-demonstrating much? :P

couple of questions.

is it true that the mats mention that BB can stop time?

So Kiara has the ID_es of the alter egos? from which alter egos? all 5?

- - - Updated - - -

also, regarding Violet.

the manga explains that she doesnt freeze time, but rather space, but thr mats on her say that it does freeze time.

should i take it as this being TM saying that for them time stop=space freeze? or should i consider that the manga is simply giving a better explanation than the mats?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    couple of questions.

is it true that the mats mention that BB can stop time?

So Kiara has the ID_es of the alter egos? from which alter egos? all 5?

- - - Updated - - -

also, regarding Violet.

the manga explains that she doesnt freeze time, but rather space, but thr mats on her say that it does freeze time.

should i take it as this being TM saying that for them time stop=space freeze? or should i consider that the manga is simply giving a better explanation than the mats?
    The space itself is paralyzed to the point that even the time in that space is paralyzed.

Kiara has all the ID_ES from the Sakura 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

The space itself is paralyzed to the point that even the time in that space is paralyzed.

Kiara has all the ID_ES from the Sakura 5.
    Isn't that what Medea did to Archer in UBW?
    Although she could only do that in her workshop, as I recall.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single