Page 380 of 546 FirstFirst ... 280330370375378379380381382385390430480 ... LastLast
Results 7,581 to 7,600 of 10910

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Mats

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I dunno about deceive when jason is pretty straightforward about what he wants
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Yeah, all that is FGO original. Jason DID fall in love with Medea at first, it wasn't until years later when she was getting older (after having fathered his children) and he was still flirting around (as,apparently, was the wont of several heroes of the time; that's how Herc's wife was convinced to poison him, for example) that he tried to send her packing.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

fgo original

like, how it is in Fate

like the very franchise we're discussing

uhu

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Yeah, all that is FGO original. Jason DID fall in love with Medea at first, it wasn't until years later when she was getting older (after having fathered his children) and he was still flirting around (as,apparently, was the wont of several heroes of the time; that's how Herc's wife was convinced to poison him, for example) that he tried to send her packing.
    Eh...

"It was not—the point that seems to irk you—that I was weary of your bed and smitten with desire for a new bride [...]"
    "You may be quite sure of this, that it was not for the sake of a woman that I married the royal bride I now have, but as I have just said, because I wanted to save you and to beget princes as brothers to my children, to be a bulwark for the house."

Jason has a very self-serving memory, downplaying Medea's contribution to his successes and overestimating what he did for her in turn, but the play gives us no reason to think he's lying here. He married Glauke for wealth and status, and wanted to keep Medea as a side piece.
    Unless you're thinking of some other source? If so, please share!

That doesn't actually contradict my point, though - Jason DID love Medea, at least enough to have several children with her (two in Euripides' play, as many as 7 sons and 7 daughters in other versions). FGO seems to be making it out like he never cared for her from the outset.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

Mommy and daddy simply cannot have children without loving each other very much.

More like, Daddy would've left Mommy long before children were a concern if he gave as few fucks as FGO asserts he did.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Medea was practically useful to him plus with the whole divine ploy to get them together.

>Galvanism B:
    >Free conversion, as well as accumulation, of electric current and mana from living organisms.
    >It invalidates attacks without substance like magical light, magical wind, or magical bullets, by instantly converting them into electricity and discharging it into the environment.
    >Also, the body is strengthened depending on the amount of stored electricity, and the repair of damage is done more quickly.

Interesting. Originally, it seemed like Fran was average or subpar for a Berserker, all the more considering her parameters, but considering she can invalidate magical attacks and strengthen herself, she feels like a more controlled version of Spartacus.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kelp24's Avatar
    I thought Jason started flirting around cause his legend just got absurdly realistic out of nowhere. "Congrats on beating the monsters and barbarians, turns out that's not actually enough to be king, go marry a princess and ditch that filthy barbarian already. Whoops, she destroyed your life and you end up a pathetic shell of yourself, getting killed by your own rotting ship".

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord C View Post
    >Galvanism B:
    >Free conversion, as well as accumulation, of electric current and mana from living organisms.
    >It invalidates attacks without substance like magical light, magical wind, or magical bullets, by instantly converting them into electricity and discharging it into the environment.
    >Also, the body is strengthened depending on the amount of stored electricity, and the repair of damage is done more quickly.

Interesting. Originally, it seemed like Fran was average or subpar for a Berserker, all the more considering her parameters, but considering she can invalidate magical attacks and strengthen herself, she feels like a more controlled version of Spartacus.
    She've been always subpar Berserker since she came out in Apoc
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    fran is supposed to be a Servant with training wheels
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    fran is supposed to be a Servant with training wheels
    Oh god, now I'm imagining Fran trying to teach herself to ride a bike and it's adorable.

Blog Entries
    Big doggo on wheels

US Friend Code
    Babbage would make her a motor scooter.

Or become said motor scooter
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Oh god, now I'm imagining Fran trying to teach herself to ride a bike and it's adorable.
    My mental image was her being modded into a bike with her head in place of the handlebars.

Blog Entries
    Isn't that Babbage's shtick?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Just a quick update before I forget.

I'm almost halfway through Sche's profile, but will probably publish the profile around Thursday night because I want to get almost half of my to-do list of profiles I need to proofread finished. After that, I'll proofread the rest of the profiles I need to do before finally returning to normal speed to get these profiles out in order:

Swimsuit SAlter and Raikou
    Billy, Sanson and d'Eon
    Jeanne and Mash

Once again, just letting people know that Benkei, Diarmuid and Edison won't be worked by me at the moment, but if there's no one who will take up their profiles, I will do it after I finish the list above. However, besides the list above, I'm predicting mats 6 will come out this winter comiket, which if so, those 3 will be put on the backburner for the new releases.

Blog Entries
    Batman CMT BMCMIIW

Class: Assassin
    True Name: Hassan-i Sabbah
    Source: Middle East, “Old Man of the Mountain”
    Region: Middle East
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Height: 215 cm
    Weight: 62 kg

STR: B
    CON: C
    AGI: A
    MGI: C
    LCK: E
    NP: C

Setting creation: Nasu Kinoko
    Character design: Takeuchi Takashi
    CV: Inada Tetsu

Main works appearance: Fate/stay night
    -----
    Class Skills

Presence Concealment: A+
    Suppresses one's presence as a Servant. Suitable for covert action.
    By perfectly suppressing his presence, detection is next to impossible.
    However, as he moves in preparations to attack, the rank of this skill drops considerably.
    -----
    Personal Skill

Throwing (Dirk): B
    The ability to fire dirks as bullets. These daggers are not for close combat use, and instead utilized for speculation.

Self-Modification: C
    The aptitude to attach and fuse completely different flesh to one’s own body. The higher the ranking of this Skill, the further away one is from being a proper hero.
    This Hassan is able to obtain his “Zabaniya” as a result of Self-Modification.

Protection from Winds: A
    A charm[1] that wards off wind, handed down to the people of the mountain.
    An indispensable article for when travelling through the desert.

[1] while the kanji is 呪い, which usually means curse, looking at CM3, the intended reading is まじない, which specifically means spell/charm/incantation/magic formula
    -----
    Zabaniya
    Delusional Heartbeat

Type: Anti-Unit Noble Phantasm
    Range: 3~9
    Maximum target: 1 unit

Zabaniya.
    The cursed arm. The arm of the demonic spirit[1] Shaytan, it excels in killing humans through curse.
    By making use of ether clumps, it fabricates from the reflection of the mirrored assassination target a double existence which interacts with the original. By crushing the fabrication, which resonated with the original, it curses to death the assassination target without even laying a single finger on the original.
    It is an assassination technique which invalidates powerful physical defenses and crushes the heart. No matter how powerful an armor it is, it holds no meaning against the Delusional Heartbeat.
    Opposing the Delusional Heartbeat requires not high level of CON but instead MGI and the ability to prevent the double existence from being created.

[1]精霊. Same kanji used for elementals.
    -----
    Personage
    First pronoun: watashi
    Second pronoun: anata / kisama / ** (no honorifics)
    Third pronoun: anatagata / kisamara / ** (no honorifics)

- Character
    The assassin of white skull clad in black robe.
    His face under the skull mask have been shaved off; from the beginning, there’s nothing there that one could call a face.
    He succeeded the name of “Hassan-i Sabbah”, and everything of his personal until that point was thrown away.
    For him, assassination is at the core of it a duty and a job; there is no grief or pleasure in it, and it is by no mean a heresy.
    Due to that, if one’s interest coincides with that of Hassan, who operates while separating his free will from the duty of assassination, then it is possible to establish a cooperative relationship with him.
    For instances, within a labyrinth created by a magus, Hassan who is in possession of high physical ability, proficiency in handling traps, and slipping in shadows while concealing himself with no sound behind the prey would most likely be an exceedingly heartening ally.
    To add, his cylindrical, atypical appearance of his arm is due to obtaining the “cursed arm” of Middle Eastern magic which specializes in cursing human, acquired as the result of Self-Modification.
    The arm of Shaytan which is a thing of no human is spiritually assimilated with his own arm, a physical act of incarnation. It is not easy to imagine how much pain and tenacity exist in such an act.

- Motives and attitude towards Master
    Although speaking in human terms he cannot be said to be a virtuous person, he is devoted to the command of his lord.
    He would not betray those he had approved of as a lord, no matter how low said lord falls; his personality is that of a professional who would stay silent even in the face of a considerably unreasonable order.
    He had lost both his face and his true name, and regretted reducing himself to an individual known as “Hassan-i Sabbah”; his wish upon the Holy Grail is to regain his face and to be remembered in history as his own person.
    Due to that, there is a high probability of him being summoned by a magus who holds a longing towards the eternity of “perpetual youth and longevity”.

- Speech example
    “************!”
    When jumping towards the “Barrier of the Wind King” during the battle against Saber, there was a plan to insert a line where he extols of their God, but it had to be censored because of adult circumstances. In the PS2 version, only the voice is added.

“This is nothing to be admired at, but in a fashion this too is a “Holy Grail War”; surely you will not call it a cowardice, yes?”

“Scary, scary. Now then, I suppose I shall do my best to not drowns in my own scheme. Painful as this is, this, too, is fate. Now then, I shall have you present that head of yours.”

“AH! The young master has been done in!? ...Mm! I suppose the young master, who put his everything to it, is the one at fault; but here, I shall lend him my assistance!”[1]

[1] The young master is referring to Shinji. They dont meet in FSN but in derivative works Hassan calls Shinji that. Also three out of four of this lines are from Tiger Colosseum (I think?), what gives lol.
    -----
    Historical depiction

The leader of an religious assassination group, possessing its origin from the Middle Eastern.
    With the pseudonym of “Old Man of the Mountain”, he is one of the legendary chiefs of the religious assassination organization, the Nizari faction, which became the root of the word “assassin” through granting the drugs known as hashish to the extremities of mankind and training assassins.
    There are 19 individuals considered to be the successive generations of Old Man of the Mountain, each of them inheriting the name of the founder “Hassan-i Sabbah”.
    All of the Hassan-i Sabbah are masters who had cultivated a special technique, and they are also given the alias of “Hassan of XX”[1] in accordance to each of their secret technique.
    In addition, the founder Hassan-i Sabbah is a figure of 11th~12th century, leading his sect personally while positioning himself in the Fortress of Alamut of Midwest Iran.
    In FGO, the origin of the religious organization of Assassins is the same, but their actions afterwards differ from historical fact.

[1]two kanji letters
    -----
    Ingame depiction

Until the fifth chapter, he does not actively stand out in the main scenario.
    During his interlude, under the Master, who is the very definition of virtuous person, he joyfully hunted down the Roman thieves who had tried to kidnap children and train them as errands. He disparaged them, saying that “rearing anyone as assassins without even measuring whether or not they have the talent for it is beyond foolishness”, and exhibited the pride of a professional assassin.
    Incidentally, by means of his continuous, personal effort of self-policing, the crime rate in Rome rapidly decreased afterwards.
    Upon hearing that, Dr. Roman commented “Is he….. actually a good guy?”
    -----
    Depiction in previous works

Originally, in the Holy Grail War of Fuyuki, the summoned Assassin class should have been any one of the successive generations of Hassan-i Sabbah.
    In Fate/stay night, due to Caster distorting the system of the Holy Grail War, an unrelated different individual was summoned as Assassin instead, but in one route the Hassan of Cursed Arm who should’ve been the one to be summoned made his appearance as Assassin.
    In the short novel of Fate/Labyrinth, he was summoned by means of a subspecies Holy Grail established by someone in the depths of Caubac Alcatraz’s seventh labyrinth. However, he offered the proposal of joint struggle to the other Servants who must take control of the state of affair, and contributed in establishing a temporary party consisting of 1 magus and 4 Servants.
    -----
    Connection with other characters

Hassan of Hundred Faces
    “The most skilled yet misfortune Hassan, that one is. It does seem that there is another tremendously talented Hassan candidate on the same period as her, but… now then, I wonder what had happened then?”

Hassan of Serenity
    “The purest yet most dangerous Hassan, that one is. A flower that none are able to touch, and thus pure even until the end; I had heard of her as such, but…. That a gentle young woman would know not of the warmth of others even until her death is truly cruel indeed... ”

'Old Man of the Mountain'
    “Giving a comment would be beyond what I deserve, truly!”

Gilgamesh
    “None should ever serve such a man.”
    -----
    Comment from Illustrator
    I thought that I shouldn’t be changing him too differently from the hanafuda version, so anyway I have memories of being worried with his facial expression change that uses his mask. His last ascension makes important of the Justice Hassan component within him. I’m glad that despite being only 2 star Servant in the game he is a character you can definitely use. I don’t even know how many he had saved my behind. He’s the main force in mine Chaldea. (Task Ohna)

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Still one of the best Fate character after decade

Also, did TA is the Hassan that assist Richard and Saladin beating a Dead Apostle? The timeline fit.

Thx castor