Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 101518192021222530 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Servant Artwork Discussion

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    Not really, but it reached a point I asked "alright, if not money, then what? The artist cannot help but draw busty girls?". It was done out of sheer frustration with the direction things were going.
    Yes, the sheer frustration of being told that pages ago, I understand.

JP Friend Code
    PM Me
    Blog Entries
    The problem happens when anachronistic impossibilities become so egregious they are hard to ignore.

That's all my gripes with some of the designs besides the fanservice. In one design though, it was so insane I couldn't wrap my head around it.
    Anachronistic, unlike the white, blond Gil wearing full golden armor from the days of ancient Babylon. Those were definitely around back then, right?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Why would anybody want to draw a gross sweaty man?
    NTR fatman lives on in all of us
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    No, you misunderstand me. Money is an effect, not the cause. They do it out of sheer love of the game.
    Put "" in "love" so to speak...

Quote Originally Posted by GDB View Post
    The ones I like, I like for their personalities (or they're inhabiting the body of a character that I already liked (re: Ishtar)), or I like the historical character enough to want them regardless (re: Beowulf), or I'm just a fan of the VA's prior works (re: Miyuki Sawashiro). Otherwise I either don't care or don't like them. Simple as that.

If you just want someone to parrot back what you want to hear, get a Furby. Or a parrot.
    That wasn't the original argument. You answered that one. Thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    Don't encourage him to get a pet. You actually have to take care of those, even if they disagree with you.
    You are very late. I'd like to say ten years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by KAIZA View Post
    I mean, this is the guy who said we needed a Gil-killer/Ea-killer back in the day, lore be damned. And thought Bolivar should be the answer at one point.
    I still believe in the former, but the latter not...

Blog Entries
    Anachronistic, unlike the white, blond Gil wearing full golden armor from the days of ancient Babylon. Those were definitely around back then, right?
    Also he had a spaceship
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

JP Friend Code
    PM Me
    Blog Entries
    I still believe in the former, but the latter not...
    You were still very, very stubborn about it back then, so my point doesn't change.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Yes, the sheer frustration of being told that pages ago, I understand.
    I actually read all the posts leading there or at least those that are a jab at me.

Which I will ignore because it's genuinely strange to the point of being enticing. I also had no problem ignoring Spandex Witch. Because those were sort of believable if you aren't the kind to research history books. But modern clothing is where I draw the line... Or clothing purposefully made to reveal ones parts... Which is completely unnecessary.

- - - Updated - - -

You were still very, very stubborn about it back then, so my point doesn't change.
    I still am very stubborn indeed. I've had people give up arguing with me over points I stick by like cement. I actually like this to some extent. But it's annoying when you ask innocent questions that devolve into shit storms because people cannot give you a straightforward yes and no answer and decent explanation when you put it to them at first.

- - - Updated - - -

also magic tablet computer

literally
    Magic fighter. To be honest, Gilgamesh really is the worst offender, literally having the ancient equivalent of a Sukhoi Pak Fa. He's one of those characters you overlook solely because if you try to understand them, you will end up losing a lot of hair. That said, Vimanas were a legend, but Gilgamesh most certainly had zero links with them.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    i don't even get this answer. You know it exists, you're used to it. You aren't some mythical higher level of being because you don't have a hug pillow.

and if you can deal with Edison by pretending he's someone else (because it's fucking anime) just do that with everyone
    Being used to it and knowing it exists are not the same thing. I am still not used to DualShock controllers. I owned a PSOne and after ten years, I still wasn't used to it.

And I will admit some bias towards nudity were involved in making it harder for me to ignore Bouda and make me like Edison, though I think it's only Edison I like.

Can we adjourn this mess now? My computer's low on battery and I am finally getting answers to the original question...

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Magic fighter.
    I'm talking about something else.

Which again, emphasizes that you don't actually know the game you're talking about.

I'm talking about something else.

Which again, emphasizes that you don't actually know the game you're talking about.
    Which of the many, between Extra, arguably the VNs and FGO?

I don't care honestly, the point was Gil was the king of looking out of place. I understand that...

JP Friend Code
    PM Me
    Blog Entries
    Which I will ignore because it's genuinely strange to the point of being enticing. I also had no problem ignoring Spandex Witch. Because those were sort of believable if you aren't the kind to research history books. But modern clothing is where I draw the line... Or clothing purposefully made to reveal ones parts... Which is completely unnecessary.
    So, you're just applying your own bias here, is what you say. I mean, don't get me wrong, some of the designs are unnecessarily fanservecey, but I'm not pretending to be some sort of ultimate authority on the matter and apply rules only in some cases and not in other cases.

So, you're just applying your own bias here, is what you say. I mean, don't get me wrong, some of the designs are unnecessarily fanservecey, but I'm not pretending to be some sort of ultimate authority on the matter and apply rules only in some cases and not in other cases.
    I am not and if I was acting that way I will immediately stop for the sake of stopping the shitstorm.

Blog Entries
    Fanservice is good when the fan is me
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    Fanservice is good when the fan is me
    If it looks like it and is happy being so, sure thing!

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Spandex was innovated in 1958.

Considering that, Jack nothingness is more historically accurate than the Irish dumb eva suits.

- - - Updated - - -

The way i see it, the big gaps you have to accept to jump into this franchise already make pretty clear that pandering has always been a thing in Fate.

The fact that we see Arthur's face plastered in people that have nothing to do with her its proof enough that they're pandering to someone. That someone being the company's president.

If someone in the company is into the Pirate's Pair, more power to them.

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

Quote Originally Posted by JetKinen View Post
    Spandex was innovated in 1958.

Considering that, Jack nothingness is more historically accurate than the Irish dumb eva suits.

- - - Updated - - -

The way i see it, the big gaps you have to accept to jump into this franchise already make pretty clear that pandering has always been a thing in Fate.

The fact that we see Arthur's face plastered in people that have nothing to do with her its proof enough that they're pandering to someone. That someone being the company's president.

If someone in the company is into the Pirate's Pair, more power to them.
    I suppose that was something I deluded myself into ignoring, but yeah, at this point, Saber is Type Moon's counterpart to Square Enix's Lightning. I do hope he isn't like Toriyama, who wishes to marry her...

Heaven forbid a company who started by making adult doujin pander to their fanbase when 99% of the industry does so

I wonder how it would have turned out if Nasu had called them "superheroes" and "supervillains" in the first place instead of "servants"
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth
    My stuff | GO stuff | YouTube | Twitter

US Friend Code
    Then every Saberface would become a ROMAface.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    the alters are gritty reboots